Cyberpunk

I'm in the mood for some cyberpunk what do you recommend Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberpunk.asia/countdown.php?lng=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cyberpunk.asia/countdown.php?lng=us

Haven't played it yet. Price still too high to take the chance, but it looks very interesting.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is a nice little cyberpunk affair.

What do you mean future?

We already live in a futuristic dystopia.

what are you talking about?
every medium through which the genre has been portrayed has portrayed as one of the worst dystopias to be found in any setting, shits so fucked that the term wageslave is in-bedded in the lingo of the populace.

That's what he was already implying.

He was being sarcastic and trying to shitpost. He thinks you should feel bad for liking cyberpunk.

Is there an updated version of this guide?

I've already played Deus Ex, System Shock, and Eye, and I'd like to play something else like them if possible. Any recommendations? From the guide it would seem like I should try Hard Reset next, would that be a good choice?

Hard Reset is a fucking meme, it's terrible.

No because everyone is lazy

That's not cyberpunk. That's Moscow, you dumb faggot.

I can't recommend Uplink enough. The only problem with it is that once you've beaten it there's not much in terms of what else you can do. But it is an amazing game while it lasts and the aesthetic is top-notch along with the music.

Moscow is cyberpunk as fuck, though.

Well that's too bad. I was kind of looking forward to playing it. Still might, though.

It's funny. I remember loving Uplink and playing it a lot, but thinking back on it I don't know how that could be since it sounds repetitive as all hell, given that there's only a bunch of challenges and that's it. I remember at some point I tried a mod that added a few more, I wonder what happened to it.

But the music, man. That really made a difference. No wonder it's so good, they got it from some really renowned tracker composers.

I agree with other user, it's one of the few games I regret ever buying, what a disappointment.

It gradually introduces new mechanics over the course of the game and doesn't overstay its welcome. I recall the end-game LAN hacking was very fun. And the bank robberies there are the most satisfying bank robberies I've ever experienced in vidya, mainly due to the fact that no part of it is scripted.
Onlink? I liked some of the quality-of-life stuff it brought to the table, but it also turned the game into a grindfest with all those security measures, most of which didn't feel like anything new.
The recent UI mod is cancer, though. What's the point of playing a 90s Hollywood hacker simulator if your 1337 h4XX0r software looks like a fucking phone app?

Ghost in the Shell on PS1 is REALLY underrated, imo. It's by the same guys who did Jumping Flash. Has a dope ass soundtrack and pretty fun gameplay with tight controls. Also has it's own original story with animated cutscenes akin to Stand Alone Complex.
If you're a fan of GITS, give it a try.

Ruiner fits the bill. Short, but very tightly paced.

Black Ops 3 is almost cyberpunk, but it takes a bit to get to that point.

But it still is just a bunch of menus and challenges in the end. I'm surprised it works so well with so little.

Yeah, I think that's it.

That's how it was for me too, specially since some of them were pretty difficult, but after playing the game so much any new content was welcomed.

Is that another mod? I haven't played Uplink in years, has any other mod (besides Onlink) been released which adds more gameplay?

Satellite Reign for the 'Commandos' meme.