MHW beta from 22nd-26th
No PS+ required

Share webm
Post complaints
REEE at everyone
Don't forget, my opinion > your opinion

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Guides are for casual shitter, figure it out on your own.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
twitter.com/anal_aki/status/945606833074421760
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off shill

not-quite-first for Hunting Horn is LEGS ONLY
If you hit any body part that isn't legs, you might as well abandon the quest right away, because I'll be kicking you as soon as I get a chance.
And with your songs being nerfed, I better not hear any of you playing that shit. If I hear one fucking note, you're getting blacklisted forever and BANNED from ever hunting with Holla Forums again. This is your ONLY warning.

I-is this the real /mhg/?

do you prefer the one about discord?

merry Christmas user

Nah, not really. I just want to talk about videogames because I dont feel like being productive.

OP, you forgot the rest of the pasta:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Monster Hunter World's release has been confirmed for 18/1/26.

but what if we do 4 horns

nobody reads the pasta

They do here. Go back to cuckchan if you dislike it.

Anybody actually want to play the beta together? Im willing to start up a lobby for a 4 man team to take on the diablos or whatever.
Just so you goys know Im avalaible any time but I only got to play with one dude from Holla Forums and it was multiple times for some reason.

So is anyone up for a hunt or all you fags burnt out or would rather play with worthless randoms instead?

Post a code.

I might show up once I get home in a bit, so just hit up with a code if you want.

I hate world now

Alright
Quest ID is
6YMkwcXzuuck

Lets try to kill everything but the quest target first!

if you kill the target first, the quest will end

Thats why I want to kill every large monster that isnt the target first.

One more guy? Waiting another 3 minutes

I get lost in these big ass trees.

Dont worry, its desert time now dubs boy!

Repostan my video for (you)s.
Feel free to add me on PSN, it's Brutux_Alpha.

Also Merry Christmas to any EU fag ITT

Shit OP image.

Merry Christmas, fags.

And Merry Christmas to you too. You beat me to it.

I'm going to enjoy MHW

Dubs are not going to make world a good game.

Maybe, but not having to play with grumpy scrubbos like you is certainly a point in its favor.

I'm sure you'll love the new audience they are catering to.

I don't get this meme tbh

I guess we'll see. Bye, Felicia :^)

We survived hordes of backflipping Frenchmen, we'll survive this too.

Thanks for the hunts.

No problem fam, I had a lot of fun. Btw we managed to fuck up the entire wild spire wastes ecosystem with 9 actual seconds left to spare.
Cant wait to see you once the game comes out if you plan on getting it.

Wildspire clean BABYYY.
For only 3 guys that was a hell of a hunt, fantastic work boys. Sorry if I didn't aid much but if I didn't solo that Jyuratodus we would've never made it in time.

monster hunter world? more like monster hunter nerscylla tbh

It'd help to know when the pc was coming. Diablos never.

you clean the entire map with just 3 peoples? Come to think of it, I never kill any random animals on the map other than the monster

so those fags posting about healing being slower when running are shills, right?
since healing speed is the same whether sprinting or standing still.

nobody said anything about healing speed, just movement speed, which is slower

I barely played the beta this weekend I was so busy. I guess I'll be busting up that Pucci Pucci when the game comes out.

Merry Chistmas fags.

I did it too and even caught it on tape

I've seen people clear the map before now solo. Personally I've managed to kill two then been unable to find the third and just wandered the map for a good 5 minutes.

Ah fuck, I missed this thread. I could've hunted a few times with you guys.

I don't think this was ever put here, and it seems like the only video of a niponese fan talking about what they think about the game (though she does look like a casual)
anyone else have nippon reactions of the game?

It's odd how she's surprised that monsters eat other monsters. Is she really someone who's played it before?
That's been a thing since always, just before it was cutscene only.

I think she was talking about the animation, not the mechanic, before the monster hit a herb, clipped through his model in something akin to eating, here it really gulps the herb down.
But yeah, that and the XP thing made go WTF, but the in rest of video she seemed to know the series enough to opinate.
her comments on that npcs talking in japanese would make the dream go away was really interesting.

If only nipanon isn't autistic like this girl

Nipanon was the reason why i decided to look for japanese reactions to the game, but it seems like the only people sperging about the game in japan is the console autists that keep fighting each other to the see which piece of silicon is better.
Basically the same shit as the west.

Japan has console wars too? Are the two people in all of Japan who own Xbones just extremely loud?

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE Holla Forums MONSTER HUNTER COMMUNITY

Crossposting casual filth.

I know, right? God, how autistic it is, not just eating up whatever shit you're handed. I mean, I know he's just a scarecrow we made up to try to pretend that only one person hates World and is just some crazy sperg, but god, can't he just toe the line and learn to like what we tell him to like?

Sony and Nintendo, go to any japanese article about word and use google translate on the comment section, its not properly translated but you'll get the gist of it

*World

Pic related, the admin of the "Holla Forums" mh discord.

hey nipanon, glad you could join us :^)

Oh, right, I forgot about the switch.

Fuck off Makoto, stop samefagging :^)

If you think any one of these images are real you deserve bullying.

Did monhun skip a generation, for the PS3? All I'm seeing is a PSP port and some MMO, Frontier G.

gotta learn to read IDs m8

next general title should be "Everyone is nipanon"

m-merely a shop

Merely pretending to be cancerous crossposters!

MH basically dumped sony for nintendo because money. Its been like that since tri on the wii, 3u for wiiu/3ds then 4u/x.
But I think portable 3rd was still released for the psp after tri though. Idk why nintendo allowed that to happen.

Probably a contract for X amount of Portable series games?

Actually it's because sony didn't want to update the NA ad hoc system servers and because sony requires all american releases to have trophies.

Should I give a damn about these on PS3, if I can play the PS2 ones already?

P3rd was released before the 3DS was out so the PSP was the only option for the portable version.

The thing is is she isn't some outsider looking in. Monster Hunter is literally normie tier in Japan. Why do you think they worked so hard to keep moe otaku shit out of it?

I understand that but we got 3U on 3DS later which is why I assumed that they had a contract for a certain amount of portable series games.

this already shaping up to be worst than xx which is already a tall order.
doing a fast poke to setup the fade away to counter is fucking easy as hell especially when it has the same window as an adept evade from x. not to mention you can do this midcombo unlike the brave guard points where you need to delay your attacks or avoid certain moves where you need access to spirit1 to counter.
killing diablos sub8 solo within a few tries means that i could probably sub7 it with a few more practice.
i've been told that this was more "hardcore" than cross, were those shills again?

Feels the same as 4u to me. The window that is.

Rocksteady mantle turns you into an unstoppable juggernaut with any weapon and it's the most casual bullshit I've seen in world.

what window?
longsword didn't have a counter in 4
unless you're talking about x+a which is not what i was referring to.

either way, i have yet to try to foresight dodge breath attacks so it may not be as bad as the brave spirit1 counter.

I don't like the mantle simply because it eliminates any visual feedback if you get hit beyond your HP bar. Yeah it prevents you from getting knocked on your ass but I'd prefer that over standing and taking it. It doesn't reduce damage significantly (at least when facing Rathalos and Diablos), so I think the only thing useful about it is the temporary earplugs.

If I do get the full game I'll probably stay away from that mantle.

does it enable that standard invincibility period after getting hit or you can get combo'd under 0.25 second from 100% to 0?

I haven't tested that specifically because I find using the mantle annoying, but I think you can get combo'd. I'll try it a little later unless someone else can confirm.

Using the itembox during quests in the demo is by far the most casual thing is seen yet, I visually flinched back when I saw proof of that happening. But in actuality the only players who would use such a thing once the game comes out would only be complete shitters and frenchies. It would be better to stay hunting the monster instead of goofing around in the item box just in case if the monster dies and the player misses the carves. Besides pussying out and going back to the camp for more items would be equivalent to the walk of shame and taking items from the box after you cart would be even more pathetic.
Id rather just play the game how I played the previous games, limiting yourself and relying on pure skill and strategy is incredibly fun and rewarding.
I just wonder if you would still be able to use the itembox or change gear in high-rank/g-rank

You can get combo'd but it would take more hits from the monster to take you down since it reduces damage taken by half.
I personally find that mantle only useful if the user is either a shitty player, a speed runner or an impatinet/reckless hunter.
Its all up to you if you use it or not, I personally wouldnt touch it.

if people want to gimp themselves by not using it, then that's on them. but it won't change the fact that's in the game.
like you said, it's shitters that would rely on it for the damage mitigations but it's a temporary earplug/windresist/tremor resist that you don't have to get in your armor.
these skills are so good that in some matchups you'd take them over offensive skills ,even in speedruns, but now it's free
i don't really see how it would make an average hunter not kill the monster faster somehow.
and not using it won't make it go away just like how it wouldn't make hunter arts and styles go away in cross.

then theres no problem then? You play a game for yourself, not others

correct.
too bad there's no way gimp yourself and turn this off. as it stands, this is actually more babby friendly than cross which is understandable since that have been their target audience for a while now.
i'm honestly amused at how they made the hunter more powerful than they were in xx.

No but theres another way to gimp yourself like a no potion solo run with no equipment other than your weapon

Or you could just play a Monster Hunter game instead of trying to force a game that's not Monster Hunter to try and play somewhat similarly to it.

what makes this different than from a bog standard heroics adre2 run aside from monsters not flinching as much?
well that's under the assumption that you think survivability is the problem so not using potion or armor will make the game somewhat more challenging.

You're under the assumption that the game is easy to begin with

That is, if nothing else, the impression Capcom has gone above and beyond to build up over the last half year.

Did you not play the demo? Usually they're close representations of monster behavior, and as there's basically no way G-rank is gonna exist because how else are they gonna have a rerelease for MHW:U there's no reason to believe this game is difficult

i've already tried out gs ls and cb which were my mains. with the new tools provided to them i don't see how speeding up monsters, adding a few more mix ups will make this game any more difficult when the guard points on cb are stronger than ever in addition to ultra buff, the counter for x/xx are back for ls in the form of foresight, and gs is nearly as mobile as it was in x/xx even without the evasive arts.
the difficulty of monster hunter was about how much damage you can commit before you get punished yet it's slowly being stripped away from what i played so far of world with all the new tools they provided you.

Goddamnit, I was having fun too.

one of the mods there is also the owner of the erp group and the monster hunter erp group and that VH guy has such a fucking stick up his ass you've no idea how autistic he gets

You guys know the rocksteady mantle lasts for like a minute and has a six minute cooldown, right?

It's not the end of the game.

Since you have access to the demo, how about you record a gameplay of you beating diablos without using a single potion , solo with no palico. I'm sure its you'll manage to do this simple task since the game easy right.

A minute and a half, and a four minute cooldown, to be exact.

It's OK, we'll have fun for you too.

I've actually come astonishingly close to unintentionally doing this and I consider myself fairly casual in regards to monster hunter, having only ever gotten to g rank in 4u and only play about 20 hours of said g rank. Using a greatsword and getting greedy, I got hip checked twice and had to use a mega potion, and I had a palico out.

I'm having difficulty coming to grips with how you could possibly be this vehement about world not being objectively easier. Diablos is a cunt, but in world he's sort of a pushover even when you're undergeared so it's gonna be a 3 minute shit show when you get the actual hunt for him in worlds progression.

None of the things he mentioned are from engine limitations, they're deliberate design choices unless you think trap setting speed and armor skills came from engine limitations.

Are we actually being shilled?!

Those two are literally the only two bad things I found out in the game.
I made a wish to a monkey paw before World got announced, I asked for better ecosystems, and monsters fighting each other with unique animations.
I got it all, and the drawbacks are not even that bad. As usual the golden rule "don't play with pubs if you don't want to see the new aspects being abused" still applies.

Actually it's worse than before, monsters can't damage each other unless it's the turf war cinematic hit they do.

No user you fucking idiot the game was only hard because the PS2 graphics, monsters were fast and things required timing because of the hardware, D U H.

It still takes some of the heat off of you which is nice.
I can imagine similar creatures like rathalos and rathian not fighting each other at all double teaming you instead.

what you mean what happened before?
So there's literally no change?

No. Compared to other games they attack each other more often, and have a higher chance of flinching when that happens.
That said I'm using as a metric value how often it happens in MH4U's G rank so it's probably not gonna be the same.

Once again, you're seeing a net loss of interaction between monsters because they can't even damage eachother anymore outside of a cinematic hit, and seeing that as a gain?

>shoots up a flare and gets three HR999's with totally-not-hacked 28,000 para IGs to finish the quest for him anyway

That sounds stupid as hell, and about as likely as a some dumbass' dream MMO where crafting is the only source of anything also there's somehow no documentation, and it won't have a sub fee, and and and

That was intentional, which is why I added a spoilered line explaining why it would be stupid and pointless.

I don't get which side you are on

Might as well off yourself, i was untouched by french fags and i'll be untouched by cheated hr999999 fags and scrubs alike.

the one saying you're wrong for thinking less interaction between monsters is better because now you have an epic sick cinematic hit that does way more than a hunter!

It does about three to five (depending on hitzone) L.3 hammer grand slams, fyi

That reminded me of something. Rathalos and Rathian wouldn't intentionally attack each other, but they could still hurt each other. There was a cheese strat in 3U for the Silver Rathalos + Gold Rathian quest where you could hide in a corner guarding and wait for them to kill each other, then finish off the weakened survivor.

That's 3-5 times more than a hunter does in a single hit. Don't worry it's only the game giving you pity damage, that means it's more interaction!

But my fellow user the graphics and pc version and fun with friends and this game will be the best Monster Hunter in the series and GOTY 2018 and just pre-order it already! There is nothing to be critical about just accept all the changes and have fun!

If its easy, you wouldn't have any problem with soloing diablos but since you need an assist from palico and mega potion, clearly its not as easy as you thought. And in the demo, they buff everything so you can clear every hunt under 20 minutes, you are not undergeared.

If you need more than 20 minutes to hunt a single monster in MH post FU that's not a giant elder dragon then you're either undergeared or you suck.

Are you purposely being retarded? I guess it took you 50 minutes to kill anything in MH because that is the time limit in every MH game

user of course world wouldnt be the same, the devs were tired of doing the same shit for every game so they wanted to do something different.
This game of course isnt so much of a proper MH, it seems to be a MHxDD kind of spinoff because it seems to have elements of both when it comes to the combat.
And both of those games are as fun as shit, I can see why you like traditional MH but I cant see why you dont find this game at least someway kind of fun.

I find the combat to be decent but everything else about it is casual. The stupid easy mounting, the mantles, the FREE SHIT laying on the ground everywhere, running back to your box when you want, free traps all over the place etc.
I don't find it fun at all.

What the fuck are you even going on about? I've been reading your post for 5 minutes and I still don't know how the fuck you reached that conclusion, but judging by the smell I'm guessing it came from your ass.
Also your definition of easy being not using potions is laughable, something can be easy and still give some people a challenge because, like the user said, he got careless and took too many hits.

That makes sense.
Its kinda fucked how I got everything i wanted from a MH game and monkeys paw had to make it include a bunch of shit for casual babby shitters.
I actually hate how you cant fail a mount and can just use the rope to get yourself back on.
I personally dont dislike the free traps because thet speedup the grindy process of making armor/weapons. Im not going to use the item box. And everything else I find that I dont like I would just either ignore or avoid, such as the rocksteady mantle, the other mantles are pretty fair though.

except when in combat, thank god they got rid of that casual farcaster shit that allowed you to instantly teleport to camp DURING combat

But how will redditards beat Amatsu without 1+10 farcasters? Damn, World is really the hardest game in the series!

If you're in combat you cant get free escape card that farcaster was. If you're not in combat you skip the tedious run back during which nothing would happen anyway.

You gonna argue removing free escape item in favor of fast travel option to nearest camp only when you're not fighting anything is casualization?

Im sorry anons.
twitter.com/anal_aki/status/945606833074421760

I'm so fucking furious that Japan gets such a hardcore, difficult game such as MHXX and we're getting baby-casual western trash MHW. MHW is definitely the source of any and all casualization of the franchise.

I never tried MonHun and I'm thinking about buying MHW for PC next year
Is it any good? I love Onimusha and Devil May Cry.

fug i forget to remove flag everytime no bulli

Pirate it and find out, though you'll have to wait awhile. Or try the demo now if you have a Playstation Quadruple, you don't need to be a member of the Good Goy Club to get it this time.
Don't let Capcom shills or doomsday preachers convince you either way.

See I love the new shill line. Pretending that everyone hasn't held consensus that XX was a casual shitfest excused only because "it wasn't a main series game" and with the understanding that the changes would not stick with the rest of the series.
Yeah, XX is shit too. What now?

b-but user, the infinite farcaster is less casual because you only have infinite of them, as opposed to requiring resources!

Learn to read, retard. I'm calling farcasting out of combat a reddit strategy, because redditors were too retarded to figure out how to avoid Amatsu's vortex attack even with all of Gen's piss easy evasion arts, and needed to bring full stacks of farcaster combines to beat it. I'm happy that farcasters were removed and replaced with this fast travel system, because it's far better than needing to waste inventory space on farcasters during gathering runs, and removes the ability for shitters to do something a dozen times worse than zone hopping. And then has to come along and ruin it, fuck. Why are farcasters still in? Now the only purpose they serve is letting shitters teleport out of combat whenever they want. This is retarded bullshit. The only possible explanation I can think of is that fast travel is removed in high rank, but still, it's retarded to have both of them.

Seconding

I find it fun, personally. Have you tried Dragon's Dogma? DD took a bit of inspiration from Monster Hunter, and did its own thing, and now MHW is taking a bit of DD into it.

Please post more brach images for me to steal, thank you.

Wasn't the solution to panic dive at the right time/just use aerial style and jump off your fellow hunters for free mounts + staggers?

You can only fast travel when you legit run half way across the map or leave combat for a good minute or two. I tested it out myself, the only thing that is useful at leaving combat at a moments notice would be using the travel wyverns or farcasters

user, dont play with reddit. Thats why ive been telling you guys that we have to start up our own 8/v/ squad (guild) which is a new feature in this game that barely anyone knows about apparently. Either that or I play with some dudes i know irl or solo tbh.

no you didn't
see

user stop shitposting, you know what I meant.

I don't know what do you mean, it seems like you're just wrong and you're basically allowed to farcaster while inside the monster

Let me take it nice as slow for you now, when it comes to fast travel
>You can only fast travel to different camps using the map when you are 1-2 mins out of combat or run away from the monster halfway across the map
>the tiny wyverns are also good at making you fast travel out of combat by carrying you around a distance but they take longer to work idk where they go exactly, i never really used them

Except you have infinite farcasters so the distinction doesn't matter

they fly around a bit and get you somewhere within the same zone but higher levels.
They don't teleport or anything

Watch the video with the farcaster. The hunter only has 1, and it's consumed once he uses it. That means you don't get infinite farcasters.

try again, they're in the box

Is taking items out of the box something in the beta? I've seen a lot of people mention it, but I haven't seen anyone post much information about how it works specifically, or show any proof or a source for it.

Why would it be? What indications is there to believe that all the shitty elements will magically go away in a higher rank? Unless Capcom said it, the best we will get is monsters with higher stats and that still won't get rid of the casual shit.

Traditionally, High Rank has had randomized spawn points, and the story explanation given is that because of the more aggressive and dangerous monsters, they can't safely drop you off at the base camp, and also can't deliver the supplies right away. This provides two reasons why the free fast travel could potentially be removed for High Rank. First of all, the gameplay reason - if you're dropped off in a random spot, but can simply and freely fast travel to a base camp, it completely removes any logical reason to have, and any consequences of having, the randomized spawn points. Secondly, the story reason - the old explanation, having more aggressive monsters preventing them from dropping you off at base camp, would explain why the lizards can't pick you up to fast travel to the base camp. The same lizards that drop you off at the start of the quest are the ones who you use for fast travel. If they can't drop you off at the base camp at the quest's start, they logically shouldn't be able to drop you off there midquest.
I see there being one of two possibilities. Either the fast travel is removed in High Rank, or the randomized starting points the series has traditionally had are removed. I hope that they wouldn't remove a tradition like that, and doubt that they would, so that leads me to expect that fast travel will be unavailable in High Rank. The alternative, having both fast travel and randomized start points, would cause a plothole and a pointless logical inconsistency in gameplay mechanics.

They are fucking with all kinds of "traditions" in World. Removing the random start points in HR wouldn't be a surprise at all.

More like 6 Level 3 GS charges to the head.

You make it sound like it's at all hard to break combat in World.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If it even comes out next year for PC, they haven't announced a date yet. Regardless, World looks to be a completely different game from the rest of the franchise, but it does look closer to Devil May Cry than the normal MonHun games, so you might like it for that. If you want an idea of what MonHun is ACTUALLY like though, download PPSSPP and the PSP titles.

They're just flailing about blindly in hopes of finding SOMETHING that works.

Problem with that plan is that all the people defending World right now will be gone once the game actually drops.

You can join in multiple "guilds".

What makes you say that?

Spent some quality time with the beta this morning, getting one last taste of what it had to offer. Encountered some poison spitting chameleon thing that seemed to be Kut-Ku tier while hunting Anjanath again. The worst thing about the demo was the 20 minute timer, because Monster spawns and movement are actually different this time around and the scoutfly mechanic, while somewhat cool when it works, can easily leave you running about for 5-10 minutes just looking for some shit or footprints… Also, the fucking thing keeps pointing you at random items around you, instead of always pointing towards the nearest bit of tracking crap.

I feel like a lot of my worries were misplaced, but it's also hard to say just how well this will all come together once the actual gameplay loop is put into effect. This is just a demo, after all.

20 minutes is the time limit in the beta. You can wipe clean every living creatures in the entire map under that time>>14048859

The AAA business model is entirely built on pre-release hype and initial sales, with no regard to long term success generally, so the marketing budget will dry up and the shills will leave. Meanwhile, all the people who are actually interested in World will want it on the PC, and will go into hiding because they want to avoid spoilers before the PC version releases.

they already said there will be update patch to add new monster, also

Which will be free, thus not making money, so the investors aren't interested, hence why the marketing won't be as active post-launch.

PC's not even getting a release in Japan, but the Japs won't be playing World at all most likely, beyond the handful of Westaboos.

There are only a few people here who are Japanese, and one of them despises World so it's not like he'd be playing it either way. The majority here are westerners.

not an argument, you said AAA game maker have no regards for long term success, if that is the case, they would release the game and called it a day and stop supporting it post release

not according to this nip

It's still very likely that they'll do that. They "promised free content updates" but that doesn't mean they're actually going to DO free content updates.

just a tip for the shills, stop trying to deflect criticism about world to xx since people that played xx will start seeing shit that carried over to world.
but now you can this stuff without doing shit damage before going into brave mode.
mhw is truly hardcore. more hardcore than the rockbottom called xx.

playing the demo and noticing all this shit, just makes me think otherwise, my shill-kuns.

so no argument then other than your prediction, okay.

Capcom is well known for following through on promises related to free content and DLC, right?

That's an improve then from the previous title, I don't what you're complaining user.

speak English m8

I'd be disappointed in myself for actually going out of my way to import this, but I actually didn't get COMPLETELY ripped off. Gonna be $560 at most and it comes with the game. Just a regular PS4 Pro locally would be $440 after tax, so I more or less paid $50-60 for the LE shit.

but user, it doesn't come with the game. its a standalone PS4 with MH decal

You're the worst human

It comes with the game. It's a pre-order code that comes in the box.

Now that is some high level faggotry

Are you a furry? Because furries are usually ones that make these stupid purchasing decisions.

Oof. I like the game and even I think this is a bad purchase. The game isn't even out yet. There's so much yet to be discovered about the game. Why are you preordering? Why are you getting it for PS4? Why are you getting a PS4? Why are you getting this when the controller looks like garbage? The PS4 doesn't look too bad itself admittedly, but that doesn't make up for the mspaint tier controller. I don't understand why anyone would do this to themselves, other than a deep self loathing. Do you work for Polygon or Kotaku? Do you live in the San Fran area? Please explain the circumstances within your life that led up to this decision. I feel like I can learn a valuable life lesson about what not to do in my own life.

That controller looks like its covered in shit m8, what are you doing.

Why would you do that? take that money and upgrade your computer or some shit.

I hope you at least know Japanese.

A demo is indicative of the final product.

I played the beta and it's ALMOST fun.

it's not monster hunter, though.

Way to go dipshit.
You had to set the bugs to track the monster by opening up the map and pressing L3 on the monsters picture. The flies will then lead you directly to the monster. It works best with flying creatues such as the pukei pukei or rathalos.

It works best to play a game not filled with casual quest objective markers.

I think you have to level it up to track, but it's still shit. It only exists because the maps are a mess for anything that flies multiple layers. It has about as much logic as a Californian Freeway.

They should make clearer target choosing for the bugs since there is no indication of removing it at this point.
Also I wish they would let you change the color of the bugs. Sand and bright green doesn't go well together if you are almost completely colorblind.

XX is shit but G-Rank Hyper Silver Rathalos is probably the single most difficult monster they've ever put in a mainline game.

Guys,are there any monsters you would fuck from the series.

the handler

the only one that matters

Perhaps it could be said humans were the true monsters all along.

I knew a greasy jewess in university who looks just like her, it freaks me out

You should try to "tame" that

I like monster girls but this is too much

What a specimen. I'd totally brutally beat it to death, skin it, make a suit of armor out of it's flesh, then wear it as I go out to slay it's entire family if you know what I mean

During the beta anytime her face made expressions when she cooked, I cringed. At least the food looked good.

Easy there, fatalis.

Starting skipping that eating cut scene after seeing that nasty close up of her.

Ive already seen plenty of ugly girls in my time, I got used to them.

She's not THAT bad, but she's just a face I'd rather not see close up often, especially when she's doing different expressions.

That aside, I really enjoyed the beta. It's clearly not traditional Monster Hunter (and I really think they know that because it's not called "5"), but the dashes of DD makes me like it a lot. I don't really care for the mantles either way, probably won't use them. And the healing potions makes me play a bit riskier than usual, I found.

I probably won't get the game, though. My PC is a toaster and I'm not paying for PS+.

I think that was only required for the demo, not for the game itself?

I think the full release will require PS+ for multiplayer.

Play singleplayer then user. Dont let a lack of multiplayer take away the experience from you. .
I have over 250 hours in 3u and for that entire time I never played with another person but I still had a blast anyways.

Ah, I don't see the point in playing Easy Mode when the entire game is easy mode anyway, but fair enough. Either way you shouldn't get it at launch, since there's guaranteed to be a G rerelease if it doesn't completely bomb.

That's true. I'm expecting something like MH World Ultimate. Or at least an expansion that you have to pay for, and an "MH World Ultimate Edition" with that expansion and all (paid and unpaid) DLC included.

Also generally speaking, I really love MH's multiplayer aspects. It's not really to overcome difficult hunts (though sometimes that was the case), but it was just fun playing alongside other people. In MH4U I played most of the game single player, sure, but I really enjoyed making different sets and going online to hunt with other people. I had sets and weapons for each rank. And sometimes specific sets for certain monsters.

I also remembered hunting with people in these threads during MH4U and having a hell of a good time.

So I could get it, and I could still enjoy it single player, but the multiplayer is a huge part of the experience for me. It basically drops the game down from "must buy" to "I'll probably get it on sale" for me.

I'll also have other games to play while I wait. Yakuza 6 and Ace Combat 7 come to mind.

Makes sense. Multiplayer is great too but i'm used to loneliness so a lack of multiplayer doesent bother me too much as long as the game is still fun to buy and isnt horribly unbalanced. MHXX im looking at you MHW has almost everything I ever dreamed about in a MH game and still plays pretty good despite not being too faithful to the rest of the games. The fact that since childhood ive been autistic about dinosaurs, dragons and nature in general made the game be bumped up to a must buy, in this case I dont give a shit about multiplayer, but its still nice to have though.

MHWU is inevitable but is going to come out as an expansion pack or as DLC, not an entirely separate package you autistic fuck, you know who you are.
Kingdom Hearts 3 never ever

this is being made by team in charge of 4g so i wouldn't have any faith in them at all
even with how horribly balanced brave hbg/ls and striker lance are in xx, the discrepancy between top and bottom is still at least 3-5minutes with worst matchups, at least 2 on even ones. on 4g you have records of shit weapons lasting more than 5 minutes than the best ones, even 10minutes at worst, with ig taking 2nd place even on it's supposed worst matchup.

t. Person who has never played a MonHon game.

Free quests and shit have come out for every title I've played after FU (don't know of FU had free stuff, never went online with that one).

I generally play single player games. JRPGs, action games, etc. MH is the only series where I played the multiplayer so extensively that I can only see the multiplayer as half of the experience.

Monster Hunter's probably the only game I even play that has any sort of multiplayer at all beyond the sort of "just give the controller to the other player" type that Super Mario Bros. had, and I still play it single player exclusively. I just don't see the appeal in making it easy.

There was no need.

But it is fun to play with friends.
But 4 player is sleepwalking tier easy.

but X/XX isn't mainline

That isn't even the hardest monster in XX. Super Deviants are generally much harder.

I can solo them without even using the cheese styles lol

Say that to my face and not behind an absolute evade and see what happens.

let's see you do it with absolute evade then

the handler

newfag here can someone tell me the difference between all the psp mh freedoms? Do they differ significantly in content? Because if I researched this correctly they all use the same maps/levels and same exact monster models/animations etc. that it's basically still the same game. If I played one of those the next distinct game in the MH franchise is tri right?

Monster Hunter can be broken down into generations in a sense. Freedom would be part of the first generation, Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite would be second generation, and Portable 3rd (Freedom goes by the name Portable in Japan, so you can think of it as "Freedom 3") would be third generation. The jump from first to second generation is a pretty big quality improvement with most if not all of the content of the first generation and then some, so if you're not interested in playing the series from start to finish, you can basically skip to Freedom Unite to start off. Third generation introduces a lot of new monsters and areas, but also drops quite a few, and if you're sticking to things you can emulate on the PC, Tri and Portable 3rd both lack G Rank, the super high tier with the hardest content, so they won't end up as challenging as Freedom Unite will be in the end.

If you've got a CFW'd 3DS, you'll have access to 3 Ultimate, the "Freedom Unite" so to speak of third gen with G Rank, as well as the entirety of the fourth generation which is best represented by 4 Ultimate. Bear in mind, if you do play 3 Ultimate and it feels too easy, that's because it is - NA/EU versions added 50 unremovable free defense points to the player's stats, so if you want the proper challenge and can read Japanese enough to play video games, it's probably worth your while to go for 3G (the Japanese version of 3U).

thanks. I played the village quest up to and including lao-shan in MH freedom, I assume if I don't care for every single bit of content I can just skip ahead to freedom unite then.

You should be good to go, yeah, I'm pretty sure all the monsters from first gen return in Freedom Unite, so you're not "missing out" on any of them.

Real question here.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is regarded as one of the coziest games in the series, but thanks to Capcom we never got a port in the west.
This is a non-issue, however, since with the newest emulation softwares (PPSSPP) it's entirely possible to create servers and play online, up to 20 rooms at a time, which means 80 active players!
Now my question is:

Have they managed to fix it so that you don't have to slow the emulator down to 25% framerate for every player involved at once when starting the quest?

Yes.

Cool. Is it a setting you need to adjust in PPSSPP, or is it server side, or what?

Back in the day there were evolve room. Basically hamachi but it shows everyone's virtual lan IP and has better chat.
Also hamachi fucked up my net adapters from time to time, so I have grown to dislike that.

They fixed that like 3 years ago.

I think they simply updated the emulator?
I'm playing with a friend and it's very straightforward.
Hamachi> one player starts the built in server> the other copies the hamachi IPV4 of the friend and pastes it in the emulator> done

Wait what?

Fair enough, this isn't something I really got into myself, asking more for a friend who really wanted to get P3rd going with a group of mutual friends back in the day. Thanks.

Also, is there a version without the English patch?

I had to turn off the hamachi service, otherwise I couldn't connect to my ISP and access to internet normally.
That is probably fixed now.

I'm sure there is but my help stops here unfortunately.

Sounds bizzarre and oddly specific

Can't say I have seen one.

You tell me.
I get all the weird bugs and glitches for windows.

Unfortunate, but I'll pass on what we've got. Thanks again.

good taste

Now i'm left wanting for a good 3ds emulator so we could play this aswell.
Why in heavens did they make the online tied to another console, i'll never know.

There is a Citra build that runs XX decently but it doesn't work online yet.
CEMU runs 3U pretty fine if you have a decent nvidia card, but I don't think it works online yet.

It was a jury-rigged thing because the game didn't have online when it first came out, that only got added when the Wii U port came out a year later.

Did nobody tell them that they're allowed to patch games on the 3DS? Christ.

Has a revision that big ever been put into an online patch for a 3DS game? I honestly can't think of any examples.

Or Nintendo wanted to ensure more WiiU sales?

Not likely, Nintendo wouldn't be the one pulling the strings in that relationship, and online isn't much of a selling point in Japan.

I think Smash Bros. got a few fairly large patches to add in the framework for a DLC shop and microtransactions.

Online is a huge selling point in the West, though, and the third generation games were more heavily advertised here than any other MH game except World. Third gen had a push to get MH closer to mainstream popularity in the West, 3U was the WiiU's system seller, and having online multiplayer was make-or-break for both of those.

Fair enough then.

My understanding is that all of the pushing and advertising in the West for third gen onwards were on the part of Nintendo of America rather than Capcom, and NoA isn't going to have the influence to tell Capcom what to do there.

you got problem with her user?

You guys do know that there is a server that works both for p3rd and mhfu right called hunster verse right?
It's very easy to setup and it works flawlessly.

I do now.
Thanks for the I do user

if you guys want to hunt anything one of these days, my ID is Arys, i'm a fucking casual but at least i don't cart like a frenchie.

Do they still require you to join a discord group to use their server?

you need to go there to get the IP, but as far as i know, you don't need to stay in the group.

Discord is cancerous spyware. Why don't they provide the information through alternative means?

probably to control people so the server doesn't get overloaded with people playing other psp games using their bandwidth.

They seem to have a irc too, but I don't know if you can get the IP from there.

On what? Evolve?

So, are the shills going quiet because the free demo period is over and people started giving honest opinions on it, or because they want the thread that talks about how to do multiplayer with actual MonHuns on PC here to die so they can start fresh with a new one?

Even shills get to take a few days off for Christmas.

I don't see you adding anything to the conversation either

Man, that just makes me feel bad for people who have to work in convenience stores and shit.

The point was more that every time this and other shill OP versions of the threads hit the lower pages of the board, they would bump it back up to keep it topside.

As for contributing, here's a question based on a topic that came up I think last thread, but do we have actual accurate values for sharpness damage multipliers? There seemed to be some conflict on which multipliers applied to which game.

Do we actually get shills?
I have gotten called one even when I haven't even said anything overly positive about x games :^(

In the last few months we've had tons, since they're pushing World hard for the Western crowds. The threads of late have been god awful for it too.

I thought we had already clarified this, everyone in this thread is a shill and a nipanon at the same time.
Such is the autism of the MonHun fanbase.

How long is Monster Hunter Stories for s comfy faggot?
I want something to distract me from the extreme need to play World.

Get better taste and you won't feel that need.

No one knows, because no one could put up with the boring ass literally rock-paper-scissors combat long enough to find out.

That because its your fault you retard, everytime you post without saging, you bump it to the top

I think you lack reading comprehension.

I think you need to learn english

You're the one who seems to be lacking it if you don't comprehend the past tense that the statement in question was clearly posed in, as in referring to past instances where it happened, as opposed to this time where it didn't.

Are you retarded? the thread was like at page 5 before you start posting complaining about shill and bumped it to the top. The first post today is from you.

Again, you seem to lack reading comprehension. In the past, the threads have been bumped almost exactly the moment they hit Page 10, but today it dropped down to Page 13 before I posted pointing that out. That's the entire point of the observation.

Reminder that MH3U was the high point of the franchise, MH4U was the last good game, MHXX was a VERY rapid spiral downwards, and MHW is straight fucking trash.

Best guild sweetheart too!
4U is mechanically superior, but somehow I enjoyed 3U more.

MHXX is okay and I hope World will be okay too.
most modern games are so bad that the bar is low for entertainment

Congratulation, you keep the shill thread alive. What is the next step in master plan?

Replaying MH P3rd but it won't get fun unless I skim through quests from stars 2 to 7.

4U had better gameplay mechanics, but it was hurt by everything else. Multiple villages made it feel like your hunter had no place, whereas in previous games you learned to love YOUR village: Kotoko, Pokke, Moga. In 4U it was more like a JRPG where you blow through some far flung towns and leave after doing all their chores. Ace Hunters worked to ruin that feeling even more by being the de-facto protagonists of the story, while you were just kind of tagging along and doing all the heavy lifting for them to show up and make the killing blow. Music in 4U was also pretty weak I thought, especially compared to the absolute fucking powerhouses of MHFU's and MH3U's soundtracks.

That could be it.
I liked the everwood or whatever it was called (guild quests too), but the random drop weapons didn't felt right.

So much this. Even XX, for all it's many other faults, managed some killer themes for the new title monsters.

You don't have to drop the random weapons, but you should get your first level 140 level quest at the very least.

Yeah I could go on for days about how much I hated the RNG overload in 4U. Neon green Felynes sums it up pretty well though.

Na.

4g was definitely easier than 3g
probably the only reasons people found it difficult was because they nerfed all the weapons
i mean when half the weapons are as good as gunlance then you know they fucked up. in fact i'd argue that it didn't made the game harder just more tedious since you can just pick up an ig or gs and clear shit up twice as fast and it'll be just as easy to not get hit and cart.

Also mounting in general really casualized the fuck out of some hunts.

But it made almost all hunts take much longer because mounting was a huge waste of time on 99% of monsters. The DPS loss while waiting on the mount was never worth it.

Yes but the invulnerable period while mounting and the free knockdown 3-4 times per hunt made it far easier for shitters to get their hits in. Those are hits they would have taken 10x longer to make because they would have spent that time getting hit themselves or running around like a headless chicken trying to heal.

Yeah if you're shit mounting was good for you. When you learned the game properly you understood how much of a waste it was. Not saying most people learned it properly, they obviously didn't based on all the BR and baguette stick pubs.

To me the main use for mounting was if you were specifically trying to cut a tail or break a part you had trouble with otherwise.

If that neon green trash that the devs call "bugs" could be 100% turned off, I might actually somewhat enjoy this trashfire.

That brachy looks so weird.

Don't forget that chargeblade was fucking baller if you could actually use it. MHX/XX royally fucked it on every single level.

To me the main use of mounting was to shit up maps with

it's most likely her envisioning his buff chest

After playing the beta a fair amount, I don't mind them so much. I think the maps should be made so that you don't NEED them though, and have the ability to turn them off.

I was trying to think of positive uses for it but yeah, you're not wrong.

yea, definitely one of the most fun i had with a weapon once i mastered it.
assuming that there were no styles or hunter arts in x/xx, they best way they could gone with balancing it was making the guardpoints weaker while retaining the motion values or keeping the guardpoints the same while nerfing the motion values.
i prefer the latter myself but they had to fuck it up and remove/alter it's moveset while weakening the guardpoints and motion values.

it's not like they can't balance weapons at all since ig was so properly balanced in x/xx that it's best style was still guild.

Don't forget the Lance and it's 70 fucking motion value running stab, or the rapid bug that never got fixed. Why Capcom refuses to patch their games is beyond me.

4U made me drop every single other weapon I was trying when I picked up the chargeblade.

It felt so fluid it was like magic. I really hated that X/XX separated the shield states as well as added shit that attempted to make you use the axe more, but really just made you stay in sword and shield mode more.

The map is simple enough when you run it a couple times. It becomes a jogging simulator, but it's not hard to get around and the bugs don't even help with pathways, they just point out nearby shit non stop.

Part of the Ancient Forest is complicated. If they toned down that it'll be fine. You can get the bugs to lead you around by putting down waypoints, or by tagging a monster with them on the map.

I think in world they're trying to make it so CB in sword mode all the time is viable with them letting you charge your sword and shield now.

Yeah, you can charge your sword now; and honestly it's no big deal with how I played it in 4U. Charge phials/shield/sword, then when the opportunity arises, switch to axe and discharge. What type/how much of discharge depends on how big the window of opportunity is.

It seems like World is encouraging ultraburst spam, though. It was buffed to not consume shield charge, right? And all of CB's attack MVs were dropped by about 10%, and the phial explosions do about 10% less damage now; from what I've heard, the ultraburst is the only attack that didn't get nerfed.

Yeah, that's the only thing I find eh about the charge blade in World; encouraging ultraburst spam. It doesn't use the shield charge and I think they nerfed phial explosions.

I still didn't play like that because it's not in my muscle memory to spam ultra bursts as soon as possible, but I realize that CB is a bit weaker now. I still really like it's fluidity, mechanics and animations, though. Lots of spinning.

I've only played CB really in world so I'm no authority but yeah the biggest discharge no longer consumes the shield charge. It still goes away and discharges might actually make it go faster though.

THE SIDEWAYS DASH IN SnS MODE

Are you talking about the quick side hop, or the kind of slide slash for repositioning in World? Because both of them are pretty cool.

That slide is really cool but it kind of seems broken. After a bit of practice I just don't think I'll ever get hit using that.

Really? I've never actually used it to try to get away from an attack, just to reposition.

The slide with circle+ direction

Not that shitter tier vault spam crap where 60% of Apex downtime is wasted AND a double fuck you to those fags who mount while Apex and wonder why you dismount them.

If you knock someone off a mount isn't that still wasted? I mean once it's mounted it's resistance already goes up right?

or
IG, SA, LS, GS will probably have Drive up and that shit runs out fast during the time someones fucking around with a mount and not really knocking it out of Apex faster than 4 hunters just hitting it.