Copyright marches on

A large VGM extension channel is going down soon for copyright strikes (all Streets of Rage apparently)

Personally I'm panic-archiving what I can, and wanted to extend an invitation to anons to do the same.

youtube.com/user/BrawlBRSTMs3/
Pic not directly related.

Other urls found in this thread:

wayorecords.com/en/
wayorecords.com/en/retro-soundtracks/641-streets-of-rage-perfect-soundtrack.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that a OST channel or are those remixes? Is there anything there you can't find in a torrent?

It's 30 minute extensions of many, many vidya OSTs.

Wow, what a dick, but like, there's better ways to listen to Game OSTs than youtube.

Problem is that Brawl's channel had extended cuts to many, many classic OSTs, in listenable quality no less. Now unless Youtube goes after other channels, we're stuck with 10 year old rips of soundtracks in 240p.

Not really, I mean very rarely is it hard to find OSTS and I'm bretty sure they have a audio only dump somewhere

Reminder that copyright is a thing solely to prevent superior versions of a thing from existing. Without it, people would just select the best or most desirable product of each conceivable product genre and reward the most talented content creator and not just the one that got there first but may not be the best at what they are doing. It's like IP dysgenics where the best doesn't always win and kike lawyers make fortunes out of thin air.

Yea, if your game came out in the last 15 years sure or is particularly well-known. Remember how Victor Entertainment last year nuked a lot of soundtracks on youtube.

That's a fantastic way to put that and I'm borrowing it forever.
Remarkably kikey but I'm sadly getting used to seeing it.

Again there's places that AREN'T YOUTUBE that you can find OSTs

I remember when some foreign call girl service put out copyright on all Persona anything they could find because they called their service Persona Stars or some shit.

What the fuck. Unless they are doing a new one I don't see why it's happening now.

Always archive.
Always pirate.
Never give money to any company ever again.
Do this, and the big ones can be taken down until copyright can be force out.
China is doing great by just ignoring copyright and pirating/copying everything.
Do the same.
Hell, even PAY for those that pirate and/or copy something. Or those that work by improving copyrighted material, instead of paying the copyright holder.
Contribute to create the crash that we need in order to get rid of the kikery.

Then how are you paying for your internet?

Smarten up

BASED SEGA HUH?

Have to wonder just how old those Streets of Rage uploads were that they'd only be causing problems now.

SO according to the stream, the copyright notice was done in conjunction with Wayo Records, who put out reprints of old game soundtracks
wayorecords.com/en/

Wayo Records has an SoR soundtrack out.
wayorecords.com/en/retro-soundtracks/641-streets-of-rage-perfect-soundtrack.html

Basically a bunch of hipster fags that are capitalizing on retro nerd fag trend are taking down rips of soundtracks despite having selling a niche product to people who probably don't listen to music digitally.

Who said that i pay for what i use?
Payment should go to small businesses ONLY. Never to corporations.
Steal. Pirate. Never pay big companies.

Is there any way that we can get personal information about them, and use it to harm them and/or ruin their business?

Just say eceleb. You'd still be wrong, but it would be more honest on your part.
This is about the content getting suppressed, and I don't care about the context.

I'd personally prefer to streisand what they consider valuable in order to rub their noses in it, but I like your attitude.

I assume they got permission from Sega to sell that? Or can Sega get on their asses about making money off someone else's work? Either way, I'd think that the solution would be to not shitcan that extension channel as a whole, especially since all those strikes are apparently for the same game (and the uploads I assume not having been done recently) rather than across a ton of them. I know various OST hosting sites like Khinsider's music branch skate by on account of not claiming to own the music, and having a blacklist of already DMCAed games they can't host the OSTs for anymore.

If anything, this is how Wayo is likely to lose some sales than gain them; people angry about losing easy access are probably more likely to look for other free-to-listen files than shell out money.

Archive
Everything

I'm sure that got the rights, as Sega would've killed them by now. What's retarded is that they think people who listen to music digitally–be it on youtube or on a harddrive or their phone–are the same people who buy physical media. They clearly sell to a niche market that was never going to listen to music digitally.

FUCKING HIPSTER FAGGOTS REEEEEE

>(((SEGA))) are being faggots once more with copyright strikes
Based SEGA am I right?

What's the big deal? There's about a million other OST channels and all of those are really low quality anyway. If you want to listen to a song, torrent the uncompressed files.

It's harder to share music with faggots here in soundtrack threads.
Which will no doubt get hit by this too.
Brawl's channel had soundtrack rips in 1080p and were of listenable quality
Already do, but it's going to become a hassle to just share this shit.

Fuck, some people probably use music uploads as a means of sampling whether or not they like a soundtrack or not, and perhaps might even be willing to drop money if they like it. All blanket blocks of OSTs do is make it harder to even do that much. While not entirely vidya, take .hack//Sign. Stellar OST, but one you can't find on jewtube at all in the US because the right's holder, Victor Entertainment, has almost completely banned it here.

Some games official OSTs have stupidly short versions of tracks, resulting in fanmade custom loops being much preferable. Original WA2 OST for example was a notoriously bad way to handle that game's OST, as while excellent, most every track was really fucking short on it and barely goes past a single cycle (for fuck's sake, "Liz and Ard" has an official OST rip of a mere 32 seconds on it).

Thanks.
The only way to stop this corporate meddling and opportunist "salesman" is to ruin every facet of their lives, and make sure that said ruining spread to their partners also. Anyone that even think about taking away free and easily accessible content must be made afraid of even trying that again.
The best way to do this is to ruin their personal lives AND business in one sweep.

Should also add that the same applies to companies that block openings for games or anime. Fans uploading such should be considered free promotion of the work or people involved with it (there's a fair few games where the opening or music was enough to pique an interest in them), yet those get targeted with blocks just the same. Apparently you shouldn't get to see, or hear, such without dropping some money first.

I agree fellow Holla Forumsrother, lets bomb their HQ ;) like in mt favorite vidya, Counter Strike by Valve(tm)

2009 all over again.

Oh no, how will I live without 128kbit versions of music looped 7 or 8 times.

Its not so much about that but rather the ease of finding some rather obscure OSTs properly looped.

MWAHA THE FRENCH

Just post the webm, nerd. Imitating it just looks sad.

And no one noticed when Atelier OSTs started getting nuked left and right. Right now it's hard to find Meruru and nost psts before that, Viorate got nuked too, Firis is still around. When there used to be a channel dedicated to just Atelier music, now 70-80 of those somgs are unavailable now or hidden in private videos.

You're right, but I like these channels solely for the fact that they make for good archive depositories. It's always a shame to lose a huge resource of archived content, like music soundtracks. Especially since some of those extended versions have rare pieces.

Youtube videos are also good for a quick listen to test out if the soundtrack is even worth downloading or torrenting.

What's really weird is when an entire OST is apparently allowed just fine, except for one song in which there's no discernible reason for why it would trigger blocks/forced deletion. "Defense Action Squad Heroes", for example. Entire rest of the WA5 OST is allowed up, yet that song for some reason got deleted. To be fair, there's only one guy on jewtube that apparently has the normal uploads of the tracks from that game (as opposed to custom extensions or "Best [X] Vidya music #Y" sets) so maybe he deleted it on his own for whatever reason, but that track simply cannot be found on jewtube on the whole, and I can't figure out why of all the tracks it might be banned.