Tank Vidya Fighting

How do you like your armored combat?
Do a tank rush in RTS count?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5#entry549888
files.catbox.moe/dp0ln3.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Take me back to Tokyo (Wars)

Tried some War Thunder month ago, it was OK. I had lots of fun with pic related.

Panzer front was pretty fucking neato

I play the positioning game most of the time

Planes are affirmative action for scrubs

Merry Tank-mas

I got my stug and Panzer IV F2 and I am still clueless about this game.
At least I know how to use the range finder.

Time to trigger the Goon Autist.
Also anyone heard anything more about the ARMA 3 Tanks DLC?

tell me about tanks

Why did you have to post this same thread like 6 times you double-faggot?
Anyway.
The only relevant tank games in the market are:
1. Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942
2. Steel Beasts
3. Panzer Elite / Panzer Front (Whichever you prefer, basically the same thing
)
Everything else is either absolute trash or prequels/sequels to Kharkov 1942 that are obsolete since Kharkov has the best modding community.
In currect year the best WWII tank experience you can get is through modding Kharkov 1942. Cuck Thunder and Arma™ can't compete.
embed related what Cuck Thunder could have been but their teenager playerbase didn't want it to be. And so rather than having a modern tank sim we are left with yet another shitty wannabe-muh sim with arcade gameplay and abhorrent level design that makes World of Tank maps look superior in comparison.

I would have wagered Armored Fist but that's beyond a pain in the ass to run and really fucking old now and nobody knows if the rumours of them making a sequel are true or not

Tanks suck.
t.tanker

You're a fucking retard who believes everything he reads on the internet. Also you're clearly lacking the WWII knowledge required to post in tank threads.
That's not a fucking Tiger plate and that shell couldn't explode because it doesn't have explosives inside it you fucking retard
That's a gunnert testing plate. And that shell is a British 17-pounder APC pictured as number 5. APC rounds had no explosive filling inside. Therefore it doesn't explode. It is only used for penetrating thick armored plated and hopefully destroy equipment or kill some crew member through spalling.

THQ Nordic bought all of NovaLogic's franchises, including Armored Fist. I hope we never get a sequel from these hacks. They never made war sims and I doubt they ever will.

Tanks are awesome unless you're not driving a German or Russian one

I'm a Leopard 2 driver buddy, and I can tell you with all my heart that tanks suck.

I have three ex-military buddies who were tank crewmen during their military service. To this date they still get a hard-on whenever we visit tank museums or discus tank stuff. So I expect that you're simply an exception and never really liked tanks or simply had no idea what you were getting into before service.
Two were in the same crew and operated a Leopard 1A5. The other was a commander for the Leopard 2A6. They also started their training with the Μ48 Α5 MOLF. That was the only tank they all disliked.

I have a joke
the joke is armored warfare

they also made same iprovements to the interior but i will post that in my next post

forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5#entry549888

for anyone who wants to read the entire thing.

That explains it tbh. Never met anyone who has been inside a Leopard 2 that's liked it.

Is German armor the most overrated meme in existence then?

i should really read my posts better before posting, holy fuck. and* some*

The fact that anyone thinks German Tanks have anything resembling armour is cute. In general for their weight every Tank Germany has made was astrociously protected

The weight/armor ratio was perfect. You seem to ignore the fact that German tanks were much bigger in size compared to other Nations'.
That made the tanks really easy to use and were comfortable for the crew. The downside was like you mentioned - the weight.
Take the Panther for example. 80mm frontally and 40mm at the sides. Weight: 44 tones.
Absolutely disgusting one might say, But the thing is, the Panther was fucking massive.
Almost 7 meters in length, 3 and a half meters in width and 3 meters in height.
And then you have to count the complex engineering inside the tank as extra weight. There were a shitload of mechanism inside that added to the weight. Over-engineered from the double-digit IQ Soviet perspective, but great to operate. The IS-2 for example had better protection and was only 3 tones heavier. But unlike the Panther, it was a fucking nightmare to operate and you were guaranteed to die horribly if any kind of shell bigger than 60mm managed to penetrate.

The Germans sacrificed thicker armor in favor of much more comfortable and safer tanks. The interiors were big enough that even a penetration could fail to kill the crew. The allies on the other hand were royally fucked if their tanks got penetrated since their interiors were cramped.
Webm related a Sherman that got hit by if my sources are correct a Panzer IV or Pak 40.

Pics semi-related :^)

german tanks werent over-engineered, germany just lacked raw materials to build more reliable tanks, since they had to make shortcuts in production.

I hope this is bait. The majority of the tanks could take both out with a single shot.

Youtube comment-tier argument. Allied tanks broke down a lot more often than the average German one. There is nothing to back-up this claim since statistics show us the opposite. You would be surprised to learn that the so-called "reliiable" T-34 was an atrocious piece of dogshit that broke down every few miles.
They're all retards with a worthless college degree. The main serviceability low rates were mainly caused by the heavy fighting and lack of maintenance. The pressure to increase the production of tanks left little room to manufacture the replacement parts in sufficient numbers for servicing and repairing the already deployed tanks. Albert Speer talks about it in his memoir. (Inside the Third Reich). If you are a faggot who hates nazi books then you can also read about it in "Foreign Military Studies P-040 ‘Tank Repair Service in the German Army’ - 1951." Though I doubt you ever will. Retards like you don't care about actual statistics.
So go on and believe about muh unreliable German tanks.
Correct. Like I said only the double-digit Allies considered them "too complex".

Any Tank during that time period over 40 Tons was an overburden on logistics since it made transporting them a nightmare. Isn't like Modern Europoor where roads and bridges can support vehiclles of such weight. Also you couldn't have picked a worse example of Allied Tankery because the Sherman was actually very spacious inside and easy to get out of if hit. Burger Tanks in general were very comfortable compared to Allied Counterpart.It was the shit like the Cromwell and T-34 that were deathtraps inside. As for that Sherman example looks like it's been hit by an 88mm, probably from a Pak43 judging from damage unless it's been a Pak40 literally at point blank range. In either case the crew has been exceptionally unlucky and caught by the shell exploding but not by an ammo detonation which is rather curious as you'd think that would be what would have went off.

wew

I spend most of the time in arcade battles, played approximately 45 hours during two weeks and then stopped. I don't want to get stuck in another endless online grindfest - like when I played World of Tanks, witch I played for two years and stopped in 2013 when I found out that I spend 600 hour in that game.

You should pay more attention to the image then rather than be a wehraboo. It's Tanks they outranged.

Your cheeky face eludes to this being bait, but you know, at this point I'm not so sure.

You should pay more attention to the Tanks then, it's Tanks it could pen before it's opposite could adequately pen it. Not outranged. In fact in many cases the Tanks on the left are outranged but have superiour protection to the Tank shooting them so they can shrug off the hits till they themselves get within range.

Like all good bait it's got a good mix of truth behind it. I used it to trigger a fag that insisted than the T-80 was the best Tank ever in WW2 and that one man turrets are better than 3 Man

You're right, I should've chosen a different example but I kinda wanted to post that webm. Shows what it actually looked like when your tank got penetrated. I've seen tanks being ripped to pieces by anti-aircraft guns. One can only imagine how horrible it must have been to have to clean up that mess.

Arcade battles are cancer and offer little reward. Try out realistic battles and join Simulator events whenever possible. These offer the best rewards and enjoyment.
Though make sure to train your range-finding and targeting skills. You will want to be able to find the range of enemies. If the skill is low, your gunner will only be able to count up to 900 or so meters. And low targetting skill means that your gunner will miss a lot.
Sadly it's worse than it was a couple of years ago but thankfully nowhere near as bad as World of Tanks. 10 or so in-game hours in realistic battles should be enough to unlock your next tank. Daily booster rewards also speed the process up. Pic related

This has to be bait.

The Puma is a ton of fun in every game it's featured in. Company of Heroes had a great Puma as well.

War Thunder has such an over-the-top simulated damage model that in many situations whether you live or die seems strongly tied to luck of the draw, namely when your vehicles are evenly matched or with certain shell types. I've spent many hours in that game because I enjoy fucking around with the various vehicles, but I only play it occasionally to goof off so I've had an account for a long time. Their silly MLP April Fools thing a couple years ago also gave tons of rewards. I probably will dump 40 or 50 hours in it when ships come out. The appeal of joint land and air gameplay is strong too. I'm about tier 5 or 6 in German tanks and air, and I have about tier 4 in US aircraft.
World of Tanks, on the other hand, is pure cancer and I'm never touching that game again. War Thunder is a grind, but it's bearably paced and the damage model is again so well-simulated that you can pull off some very amusing kills when you are outmatched if you know where to shoot. Plus AA vehicles are fun too. WoT is mostly devoid of fun and is designed to make you feel bad about not having spent as much money or time on the game as your local -=[RUS]=-CYKA_BLYAT.

Okay, since you seem to actually be retarded enough to be legit, I'll try to explain why it's wrong in dumbed-down language especially for you.
Tankies shoot the metal piece. The metal piece is propelled by boom-boom powder. The tankie does not propel the metal piece. The metal piece and the boom-boom powder together are a shell. The shell determines the properties of kill. Only thing that tankie does is accuracy and reload rate. You could take any shooty tankie with a seventy-five millimeter firestick and put it on the list instead. You know how big the pv4 firestick was? 75mm, with better properties too. One-man turrets are good for little tankies so they can have more metal between inside and outside. Two man turrets are optimal for biggy tankies. Three is not.

Frog detected.

Are you dumb or just retarded?
Either way it gives me a good excuse to now post this.
files.catbox.moe/dp0ln3.jpg

Good thing ousting yourself as a complete retard.

Holy shit, it's the fucker from that /k/ thread come back to haunt Holla Forums.

>>>/k/536899

I've never heard this logic anywhere else: you want a tank to be as small as is comfortable for concealment, reduced use of fuel and sheer difficulty of hitting it. Actually the very idea that a lot of dead space inside a tank is good because it makes the crew harder to hit screams 'War Thunder logic' to me, hell during WW2 spalling and the like means penetration wasn't even necessary.

It has the most active modding community but some of the modders are cunts. The STA team specifically since they require you to make a 'donation' to get the full version of their mod.

Unlike 8a9654 you aren't even trying to shitpost. You are a genuine retard.
There are studies done by the Americans on this subject. You can read more about it in the book "T-34-85 vs M26 Pershing" on page 75.
They concluded that due to the limited internal space a penetration by an A/T round usually led to the destruction of the tank and loss of 75% of the crew. In the Sherman the figure was only 18%

Yeah, but the game is still the best WWII tank sim you could get your hands on.

Version 1.0 is free though it isn't as good and you have to use dodgy filehosts to get it.

(((OY VEY!)))

Yes, pointing out how suspicious it is that someone has also shown up on Holla Forums pushing the same meme. I wasn't agreeing with him, I was laughing at him.
You're correct that the T-34 is far too fucking small but that doesn't mean that having a ton of empty space in a tank as in the Panther is a good solution. The Sherman was a fine balance of space:size but the Panther was just oversized for what it did. The T-34 also had higher crew causalities due to unsafe ammo storage practices and little-no provision in the design for escaping quickly, not having that book I have no idea if the American study took this into account but given that they learnt little-nothing of value from WW2 due to fighting only backwards japs and the dregs of the German army I wouldn't be surprised if they failed to take note of it. Note that I accounted for this in my post by saying 'as small as is comfortable for concealment' (i.e. not fucking Soviet-tier 'only underfed conscripts can even crew the damn thing').

Well there we're in agreement.

Come to think of it if it's comparing the M26 and the T-34/85 I assume it was mostly focussed on the Korean War rather than WW2 anyway.
The T-34 is an overrated tank either way but I think you already said that up the thread.

Looks like munitions of this naziwanker has
DETONATED

Seek and Destroy was fun as hell for an early PS2 game. I picked this gem up at a flea market one day and got hooked to it when I was younger. The customization was just fun.

If I might invite everyone in this bread to kindly shut the fuck up for a moment, it has come to my attention that Chris Roberts has seen the potential in selling not only ship jpegs, but Tank jpegs as well.
I guess he is making Tank Citizen now.

That would also apply to most M4's with their turret being built with only one hatch for all three turret crew until the end of 1943 and chaotic ammo storage on non-wet M4's.

If you don't have anything to say then fuck off, torfag.

To be honest it applies to every Tank in WW2 EXCEPT the Sherman after they put thought into how ammo was stored. Panzer's would go up from an ammo cook off if not more than Shermans would. You actually hear about surviving German WW2 Tank crews bitching about this very issue.

It certainly took them time to improve it but the T-34 never got that: generally just slap a bigger gun on it or a third man in the turret and go home. The difference is the Americans would look at what was wrong and mess with the design, the Soviets just didn't care enough to bother (UK tried to improve but had production issues anyway).

Who can it be now?

Checks out

Correct.
I just think it would be unfair to malign the T-34 for its ammunition storage when almost everything else was just as bad.

You mean "slap a bigger gun on it or a third man in the turret and go to work on the T-44".
The T-34 was a dead end by the final years of the war and they knew it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Shot Trap Mk. I. Jesus Christ. They should call that tank the champagne bottle because its turret pops off like a cork every time.

Everytime I look at it I found something new wrong with it. Though at least I wouldn't worry. It's only a jpeg. Not like they will ever make it right?

planes are cooler

You would like War Thunder, Mark-channelling shitposter. You get to play MP missions where you fly planes and bomb tanks and the tanks are actual players. Ideal plane snobbery smugfest.

what an ugly piece of shit in your pic

Might be able to setup a plane gamenight. Maybe Blazing Angels or something like it.

That's an insult to pieces of shit user.

Never played a tank-sim in my life. I want a game where I can drive a tank either in 1st or 3rd person, that has no fighting infantry, has atleast a adequate amount of singleplayer content if it's a multiplayer focused game and preferably has a realistic damage model.
Which are worth checking out?

Jesus Christ, that is an impressive timeline. Talk about bottom tier fucking reactionary development, it sounds as if there is no point where the devs actually drew up a roadmap and planned for the future. I played a little in the Open Beta, glad I didn't stick with it for longer.

Hilarious or sad thing is, depends on your point of view, is that things got infinitely worse. See if you are say a Tier 3 in a match that has Tier 6's in it, the Tier 6 player can literally be AFK the entire match and do nothing but at the end of the match end up with a much higher score and reward than you just for being in a higher Tiered vehicle.

I still don't understand what they thought when they gave bonus to damage for shooting at the thickest part of the armor.

Not with weebshit, that's for sure.

Hello Lowtax

Well that's true, I was a paratrooper that got reassigned into an armored battalion instead of a mechanized one due to an administrative fuck-up (Panzerbattalion and Panzergrenadierbattalion are really easy to mix up, see). I know how retarded this sounds, have my license, driver's book and parachuting license as proof.

The issue is that the Leopard 2 was due to be replaced with a completely new design in 2000 (by the appropriately named "Kampfpanzer 2000"), but the Cold War ending and the resulting budget cuts never had that realized, and so the tank was kept in service for 20 years longer than planned. To keep it more or less competitive, they just kept upgrading it which naturally made the tank heavier, which increased the strain on the material, and undermotorized, because they never bothered upgrading the engine.

Have you considered strapping a parachute to your Leopard 2?

Goon has arrived with soiled diapers.

What's the difference from jumping out of a burning wreck in the air and jumping out of burning wreck on the ground?

What if a tank could fly?

Lockheeb would shit themselves.

In a modern Russian tried to make these again they'd be armed with Cyka to Blyat Missiles.

Did the HD rework mod of that one tank game got released already?

I'm pretty sure shmorky isn't welcome on Something Awful anymore

It's called A-10 WartHog
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTT

I tried "realistic" battles and I feel like a burden for rest of the team

Isn't that what if a Tank could make you cum?

I wonder how Mark feels about Holla Forums hating him. Does he tell himself it's just a joke?

He gets off to it like the attention whore he is.

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time…

Is War Thunder tanks dead? Which mode has the most players? Arcade, realistic, or sim? I got the urge to try it recently and realistic seemed to be the most populated, but even that only had 30 players in queue in the middle of the fucking day. How fucking dead is this game?

Pretty dead, but at least you can still find matches. Hopefully it dies out completely. The developers are a bunch of greedy talentless hacks

True, as long as there is a swastika in the rudder.

I get games pretty quick when I play arcade.
Arcade at least lets you keep playing for a bit after you've been instakilled by a T-34 from across the map.

Oh well, maybe IL-2's tanks will be good; that's kind of our only hope for a good tank game at this point. I wish Armored Warfare wasn't run into the ground, I really liked that.

Also, the main thing killing WT for me right now is the lack of a proper free look function. I didn't think it was possible to fuck this up, but they found a way, and it looks like they put in MORE effort than needed to add the feature, just to make sure it doesn't work well. Why the hell would they make free look lock your aiming circle thing so the turret KEEPS MOVING towards it, which will make it MOVE EVEN WHEN IT'S ALREADY THERE IF YOU MOVE YOUR TANK. How can anyone be this stupid? Why the hell does it not just lock the turret in place like it should? This is actually a major problem when my tank only rotates its turret 1 degree per hour.

I think it's both.

But that's a flying IFV.

Come on, guys.

Looks like shit.

You take that back!

NO
SHUT THE FUCK UP
WE GIRLS UND EBENE NOW

Yes my fellow jew.

You might want to check the controls menu again, bud. There is a free-look.

You might want to read my post again, bud.

I think he wants the turret to stop turning the second he uses the free-look button, instead of keep going to where the aiming circle stopped.

wew

Didn't know Kharkov has an active modding community. Gonna download that shit right away

Ooo…
Tankfest 2018 in Bovington! youtube.com/watch?v=RN02nYIZUb8

Ebene?

I clicked this expecting complete cancerous choices. I was actually pleasantly surprised with some of his choices.

is this why this sad faggot deleted all my posts?
LOL, what a gay.

Judging from the Bread calling him a faggot he's going to stop now and think about what he just did. I think anons spanked him and put him in the naughty corner

World of Tanks is better than Cuck Thunder. Why would you list Cuck Thunder instead of the superior game in that market?

Because unlike Cuck Thunder, World of Tanks doesn't LARP as a realistic tank game. It makes it clear from the very begging that it is an arcade, skill-based tank game.

Cuck Thunder on the other hand will LARP and advertise itself as The ultimate tank simulator hardcore brutal experience. Only to shit all over you at the very end around 5.7 BR where it is perfectly clear that the entirety of the game is designed around being no-fun-allowed, non-historical piece of trash. A smarter user would realize that from 2 hours of gameplay. That is because Cuck Thunder has fairly realistic low-level gameplay. Well, not really. But it gives that impression.

The moment you get yourself a BR >2 tank, it all falls apart.

Honestly, WT does have some nice things. I think the map design is better in WT, the fact that it has no arty is AMAZING, and I like models in WT better. I'd love a game that's a middle ground between the two. All that stuff from WT, but with fairly heavily buffed stats on tanks like speed, turret traverse, etc and a less retarded tech tree like in WoT. I don't know if this was just Gaijin's intense Russian bias I keep hearing about, but every fucking German tank in WT turns its turret at like 1 degree per hour from tier 1 to tier 10, meanwhile every Russian tank turns its turret several times faster right from tier 1. As for HP vs WT's damage model, I could go either way.

Does Kharkov have multiplayer? Or is IL-2 tanks still my only hope for a good multiplayer tank game?

The maps are unrealistic trash with houses and hills everywhere. Abhorrent asset quality and shitty collision models.

For what tank maps are meant to look like, check out Steel Fury
No, but that's also a good thing. Players are trash and don't play like an actual real life tank crew would.
I don't trust them. It is being developed by the Gaijincucks. They will find a way to force their fragile Russian bias in that game too.
Reminder that you get permanently banned from their forums if you even dare to question the authenticity of the Russian documents they use for stats.

May as well as call it the Hue rating as how canerous that shit is.

The slow turret traverse was a known weakness of most IRL German tanks. They usually compensated by turning in the same direction, which usually worked out to about the same overall speed because British tanks couldn't steer for shit and Russian tanks had barely-functional traverse motors (which WT ignores because Russian bias).

It depends, late war the on-par hydraulic traverse was mostly replaced with going back to a manual one, which of course was a lot slower.

Better than CORRIDORS, CORRIDORS, AND MORE CORRIDORS. It's made even worse by the retarded spotting mechanics in WoT.

But I don't want "real life tank crew." I want my slightly pseudo-realistic/semi-arcade competitive tank vidya. I don't want full on sim, nor do I want full on arcade.

Oh, rip. Didn't know that.

Vid related looks much, much faster than what's in WT. WT is absurdly slow.

I hope this game is fun

Doubt.

(Double Checked)
Your digits give us hope.

World of tanks

Ctrl Alt Rope yourself

In what way is WoT not skill based?

In what way is WoT skill based?

It aint.

World of Warships is better anyway because HP works better for Ships than Tanks.

Girls und Panzer is gay shit for gay fags. By replying to, or by implying a reply to, this comment you agree that no matter what you've actually typed you automatically agree with the first sentence of this paragraph and what you've really written is a fabrication designed to give you the appearance of an ironic shitposter.

I agree.

Can be purchased with silver. And before the introduction of silver premium rounds I can count on one hand the number of times I saw people firing gold premium rounds. They're still breaking the game, just not the value of skill.
Explain what this has to do with the value of skill in WoT.
Yet certain players systematically win as much as 30% more than other players, even solopubbing in 15v15. Case closed on this one. The effects of dispersion cannot possibly have a serious effect on skilled play.
They are, but the spotting mechanics affect all players equally. They don't give bad players an advantage. Players who don't understand the spotting mechanics are even easier to take advantage of, so they're part of being skilled.

Of course WoWS is a far better game. Tanks fucking blows and gets worse every update. Also boats has the best soundtrack ever.

So you're saying it's okay to be gay?

I haven't played that pile of shit in years, but I'll bite

being able to choose an ammo type that is automatically better than stock makes armor on heavily armored tanks useless when all you need to do to counter it is to load gold. Being in a Maus at Tier 10 means nothing when most Tier 8 tanks can press 2 and pen your front lower glaces.
I know I'm stretching it with the 59 considering it hasn't been available for years and was only available for a short time, but any retard with basic knowledge of the game can top gun with ease in any of them like me.The E25 is still the only fun I had in that game in the last few months I played it
Got nothing on this one. Cross-map KV-2 shots guided by Stalin's hand were fun, though.
I point again to the E25 and SU-122-44, both of which still have the old, old trait of TDs that gave them a camo bonus compared to other tank types, which automatically makes them better than anything comparable you get from the trees.

TDs still have camo bonuses. The thing with the E25 is that it still has the old trait where the camo bonus doesn't go away when you fire.

I want to play it with you user.

I'll bite
Where do I get Kharkov and where do I get the mods for it?

lol WoT is dying in the ass right now. Luckily its the holiday season so the numbers are stable atm

I assume it'll be a disappointment.
It'll get one of the things about the show (cute schoolgirls in tanks) right while forgetting about the other (ridiculous tank stunt driving and battle tactics right outta Looney Tunes).

too add on that

Depending on your own tank and the enemy tanks some premium ammo is required to stay competitive.
Furthermore without premium account or premium tanks next to everyone is going to hemorrhage credits when using premium ammo.
And don't forget there is premium ammo that just does more damage see Type 4 Heavy, Type 5 Heavy.

The 59 got nerfed a bit but that only lead to WGs noninterference policy.
Quite a few premiums are OP see T25E5, E25 and/or Idiot proof e.g. Defender.
Chrysler K is probably the worst offender, lacking frontal weak spots like a machine gun port while also having a huge penetration disparity between standard and premium ammo forcing both users and owners to spend more an ammo.

RNG generally not just ballistic wise can be pretty bad.
Penetration and Damage have a what +-25% range.
And 3-5-7 MM is pretty bad too, yes better than meeting KV-2 in tier 3 but what isn't.
Now I wouldn't call it a non skill based game, there are people who reach a 66-76% win rate and some with a sub 45%.
Nonetheless MM, Ammo and Tanks have a huge influence.

In comparison I'm happier with WoWS spotting mechanic.
It's a lot easier to tell when your spotted and how to drop from vision again

Really didn't expect to meet you here of all places

That webM was horrific.

This nigga.
That was always my favorite part of WT, since everyone stayed low to the ground and you actually got realistic low altitude fights in the planes. Nothing like playing a P-47 in there or a FW-190 ground attack model with rockets or bombs.

Is Stuka viable? I want to fuck people up with those cannons.

The G-1, G-2 aren't worth shit for air to air combat, but the earlier models can certainly hold their own for a while in dogfights. The big problem is most good pilots won't get caught in a turn fight with a stuka and will instead just pull off and re-engage with more energy and beat the stuka down until he's run out of energy.
They are viable, they just need help to keep experienced enemy fighters off them.

They failed to model the proper penetration values those things got due to the added speed and HVAP rounds, so not really. Though I've used the PBJ and the twin engine German 50mm cannon plane whose name escapes me right now.

It's too bad the devs are such retards that couldn't make EC mode viable. It's like they couldn't figure out the concept of a persistent battle, constantly creating new servers for players instead of adding them into already existing games. Oh well, that's my mistake for expecting Russians to give a shit about their game.

The Henschel Hs 129?

Maybe.

slow and dangerous

What?

Please tell me it's not true.
If it's true can you provide some information source about it?

Pick one

yes.

It's pilot-speak for speed. It's not a direct translation as sometimes you could be high and slow but still have the energy advantage on someone that's low and fast.

Thankfully I was wrong. But I'm still not sure if they will deliver. It might very possibly end up shit

Steel Beasts Pro. I don't care how much it cost. It was worth it to have a tank game without the endless grind, the matchmaking queues, the Russian bias, and the microtransaction faggotry. The mission editor is easier to use than I thought it would be. It takes very little effort to bang out a scenario that is infinitely better than Armored Borefare's lazy, moronic PvE mission design.

I need to see what code I can rip from Armored Fist and shove into Joint Ops someday.