Steam winter sale

I have $2 from selling cards, what should i buy?
What have you bought so far?

You can buy Crimzon Clover for two bucks, so go get that 1cc.

Buy a bullet and suck dick for a gun.

So if I assemble all the shit on my list that's either dirt cheap, on a real good sale, or that I just really want, I end up with
>The dlc characters for Rivals of Aether someone gifted it to me for my birthday
Anything absolutely not worth it at all?

And? We don't need more shit threads about steam. Here is a suggestion: find an idiot who will give you money for that steam cash and just pirate the games you want.

Lord Gaben stole my wallet on my way to cuckchan XD

Under 2 bucks:
Oddworld

I bought Call of Juarez Gunslinger for well under 5 bucks, cheaper than buying it in physical condition. I can't pirate because my neighbor is a felon with two strikes and it's a good connection.

autistic screeching

My brother just gave me $20 on steam for christmas and i wanted to buy a good coop game but couldnt find any

Does anyone know if the Steam version of Steamworld: Heist runs without Steam being installed? I'd prefer to grab it on GOG but it's not on sale there.

Helldivers

Its better to just pirate it, buy it later if you feel like it but make sure its from a good storefront. Don't contribute to cancer.

Would you date an autistic NEET as your gf like OP pic, Holla Forums?

existing GOG sale thread:
existing steam sale thread: >>14023300

Bumping since the other thread was shit

Where's the Origin sale thread? I was told there would be one.

WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU STILL NOT EXCLUDE BY TAGS GOD FUCKING DAMMIT GABEN YOU PIECE OF SHIT FIX YOUR PLATFORM OR REMOVE ALL WEEBSHIT

You're not fooling anyone

Steam is shit and so is this thread

I bought nothing and I'm playing lego star wars from episode 1 to 6.
It's super comfy.

Cuckchan thread yet again. Check em.

Buy some cheap snacks and eat them while playing priated games.

IF ONLY STEAM WOULD BE COMPLETELY SHAT UP WITH BERSERK RIPOFFS. INSTEAD WE GET MAGICAL GIRL PEDO WANK MATERIAL OUT THE ASS YOU GODDAMN FAGLORD.

That's what you get for using steam you mongoloid. Also berserk sucks ass.

To be fair, I looked at Fitgirls latest repacks and IGGs and they too are complete trash.

You have to go check em

wew guys

No one mentioned either of those things but you actually are correct, Steam is for ledditors and cuckchanners

I don't like you and you're reddit.
It seems like it's true.

not everything,just(you)

but its is, we are here to get away from these faggotries

I know, it's terrible to have to put up with differing opinions.
:^)

does

this

trigger

you

?

Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Kill yourself janny, this aint reddit.

Any mention of Steam bring out all the autism. Such autism they can't even just hide the thread, they have to rush in here and shit things up with their zero effort, unfunny shitposting.

As to the question on hand, if you don't have One Finger Death Punch, get it. You can get both it and Psychonauts for a dollar each. If you have both of those, Penumbra isn't bad.

No home for steamfags

Fuck Steam. And fuck its 12 year old/reddit userbase. And more importantly fuck steams addiction methods such as badges and cards to make you not want to use anything else. Just pirate or purchase directly from the devs website. At the point you're only willing to give the most minimal amount of money to the developer of a game you might enjoy you're better off supporting them more directly if you wish them well.

That's a new one.

This shit always makes me laugh and people keep making new versions. Please continue.

Try the thing out for a bit. They try and nickel and dime you every chance they get with using cards to get more rewards have more icons in steam chat or upgrading your account page so you can real in attention from people who are just as addicted to what should essentially be an online shop. The fact that there's a community based around consuming games (and the occasional movie) with no curation or quality control is why it's all gone to shit.

You could just not be a retard and waste time and money on badges and cards, let alone take part in the normalfag community.

Steam is corrupted to its core. You're still giving a percentage of income to Valve when you purchase a game and Valve in the end propagates said community. It's fucked.

You could…just not do any of that stuff. I've had my account for 12 years and I've never bothered with it.

POST IT FAGGOT

In the end you're still supporting it.

It's a convenient online shop, not some primordial evil.

Only just.

So is McDonalds or Wallmart. This is more about not being a retarded consumer. Besides that it's just as easy to purchase from devs directly.

Nice argument.

We're really not interested in your autism, can you screech in a different thread? Try not to shit yourself on the way out.

Most devs don't sell their games directly.

Piracy exists so Redditors like you can be mocked.

We're really not interested in Steam. Can you screech about this on reddit? Try not to praise Gabe on your way out.
Also
It's a Steam thread. This is the appropriate thread to discuss this, otherwise it's a dupe.

Then don't go with steam? Like I said, Steam's an effective monopoly. Consider the fact that it's pretty cancerous that you actively can't sell your product on another service because you will not succeed as a game developer. Steam has that much control over the market.

It's really not.
Elaborate. 12 years and no issues. Read 12 years.

also
kys

Is Valve actively prohibiting developers from selling products on other platforms?

Because nobody else has managed to come up with a better alternative. If EA and Ubisoft weren't complete idiots they'd pool resources and try to muscle into the market and get other developers on board, but alas, it is what it is.

Speak for yourself, faggot.

So why would you use steam then? To support the devs? If you really wanted to support them you'de directly purchase their game or put money into their accounts by some other means instead of giving them the fractionative amount. I've sent emails to more than a few saying I enjoyed their games but didn't with to purchase them through Steam.

8+ years before I stopped using it. The UI changed for the worse. The community had, well a community. And you're still supporting a company that owns the majority of the market and is only growing to be more anti consumer and worse over the years.
No. That's why I'm saying it's an EFFECTIVE monopoly. That still doesn't change the fact that you simply can't release a product elsewhere.
Because people like you don't support them.
The only advantage Valve has over them right now is a slightly more lacking DRM function and being early in the game.
What's that quote? The only thing for evil to succeed is for good men to something something?

4rth greentext and on meant for

Being fully retarded or being half-retarded, it doesn't make much of a difference. You're still a retard.

wewlad
You want to know how long it took for me to have a problem with Steam? Negative time. It took 5 minutes back in '11 for me to find out that the game I picked up from a store - the last PC game I've ever bought physically, as a result - contained a disk which did nothing but tell you to connect to Steam and set up an account. Despite having gone out and grabbed a copy, I still had to wait over a day to download files.

Fuck Steam, and fuck any company that uses it as a sole sales platform. Anyone who ever buys anything digitally save for a direct download from the developer's website is a faggot and should be shunned.

This is an image board about video games, take your virtue signalling to twitter.

Then this place is worse off then I thought.

It's a thread about what to buy on steam. The people in the thread would, logically, be talking about that, not having an autistic shitfit. No one is making you be in this thread, whining like a bitch.

Okay.

keep crying

Okay.

I distinctly remember saying I only buy games from developers I like. Guess I should tell VD and Styg to drop the memery and focus on Twitch.

Because every developer sells their games on the site, and even those that do end up giving you a Steam code most of the time. You're all idiots, aren't you?

And you're buying those games through a system that indirectly forced said developers to use it. So you're still supporting cancer either way.

But you yourself said that those same developers could just as well sell their games on their own sites. So why aren't they doing so if Steam is such a den of kikery? Clearly they make far more money with Steam than they would otherwise, or no developer would be using it. Now, please, go be an idiot someplace else, your autism is fucking embarrassing.

How's about you take your shitposting over to the >>>/gaschamber/ ?

Autistic levels of effort
Pics related for relativity of ease.
Such as?
Rose tinted goggles. Good servers still exist, its just the old ones we remember have moved on with their lives ;_;
Which isn't an argument - 12 years and no problems.
You say that, but the sales have been great. Valve like any other company just want to make money, I had a theory years ago that valves bubbled has burst hence why they were looking into other avenues, greenlight, mods etc.

Actually I'll broaden it out to one other possibility - developers who put their games on GOG are also fine with me. I'll still download a re-pack to save time, because most developers can't into file compression, but I'll purchase from the site nevertheless.

Now, if a developer isn't willing to do that, then that's just fine. I'm not going to support them. I have a strongly vested interest in seeing the digital download culture spawned by Steam die out, and so should anyone who isn't a filthy urbanite.

Jews and their schemes aren't video games, Steam can fuck off.

The problem is ultimately that the actions of one, two or even three people will not do anything; Steam isn't going to stop existing just because you don't use it and are open about how little you use it, nor is it going to matter if you vehemently voice your opinion about how terrible it is on some anonymous taiwanese basket-weaving forum.

In the end what truly matters is that you yourself do what you feel is right because autistic shitflinging isn't convince people to stop (much like it won't convince people to use Steam). Just because you don't use Steam doesn't mean it'll fall apart, just because you have never bought microtransactions doesn't mean everybody else will stop.

To put it succinctly, some people like to eat shit. What's important is that YOU don't eat shit, because people are happy with their shit. Moral grandstanding about videogames is just going to make you look like you have a severe case of autism.

It will never die out, just like lootboxes won't go away, just like banks won't stop being run by kikes. It's fine to stand by your principles, even commendable, but I have far more interest in seeing more games that I like getting made, and if I have to give Gaben a few shekels along the way, then so be it. GOG aren't angels either, by the way, considering they're perfectly willing to repackage scene cracks in their releases and ask money for them.

Meanwhile in the land of decent internet, it hasn't be better.

My god, you have the 'tism bad. 'Stop playing games the way I don't like!'

Do you hate consoles too? Use Linux? Carve your controllers from chunks of hardwood? No? Then take your fucking purity elsewhere.

How do you type with all those fucking dicks in your mouth?

Why? Does someone have a gun to your head? I've sent money directly to a game's developer more than once after pirating and playing their game. It's not as hard as you think.

Hence why I don't use GOG to buy old shit, especially since the developers generally aren't seeing any of the money. Ideally, we'd see a return to physical models. But that's never going to happen.

Hell, at one point, I actually wanted to introduce a cartridge-like model for games. Instead of coming on disks, they'd come on small flash-drive like devices that could literally plug-and-play without having to deal with complex installation. Save files could be stored directly onto the drive, and back-ups could be made on the computer. This was all back when I was still a strict buyfag, and figured it would be a good anti-piracy model. But the industry went the exact opposite direction instead.

Because I'm not cursed with crippling autism and have better things to do with my time.

Which they should.
Again, they have no choice. This is the issue we're facing. A dulled consumer base (such as yourself) that's willing to purchase anything though anything as long as they get their product in the end.
And clearly you get more food for less money when you go to McDonalds. The ends don't justify the means.
Project another day.

Literally less than 10 minutes. Jesus are you so tech illiterate that you can't use a mouse? If the developer have no official site for the game to be purchase, pirate the game and pay them directly with an email stating why if you want. Te entire process is simple. Remember when you actively had to go out and purchase a game physically? Are you seriously so jaded that going out of your way to do something correctly as a consumer for 10 minutes is that much of a pain?
More bubbly, not as simple and straight forward. Bogged down by much to many features and drains more memory overall.
More like no goggles. An online market service doesn't need a community to begin with.
I take it you've never heard of the horrible service and unusual bans for having texture mods right? There's also gabes stance on piracy shifting towards anti-consumer friendly practices and bloated game files full of DRM. You don't have a "problem" because you're content with living in the problem. And again, they effectively OWN a market. That in itself is a problem.
Sales don't contradict my claims on them becoming worse over the years when it comes to dealing with consumers. They've done nothing about how retarded their community has become and have actually gone out of their way to enforce it. And again, forcing developers to not be able to go elsewhere is in itself anti-consumer.

Has nothing to to with how you "play" the game. More to do with how you purchase it. You can play whatever, I don't give a fuck. But don't act innocent on the matter when you're effectively making the industry worse. Your entire post reeks of the shit I see on the steam forum's where kids say "it's just a game lol, get over it!" If you're going to pretend that my posts hold no validity yet offer none yourself then you're effectively shitting up the thread worse than you think I am. This thread has nothing to do with "playing" games. It has to do with purchasing them. Which is in itself a problem.

You sure about that autism part, friend?

You're late. >>14040050

That would be even worse than digital only, because games are then directly tied to the medium, and those don't last forever, are usually proprietary and give far more control to the manufacturer than anything else out there. Just look at Nintendo and the shit they kept pulling over the years with games. Also, with such a model modding would be next to impossible.

There it is, there's the 'tism going into full overdrive.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the sperg here is you.

Lurk more reddit. You obviously don't understand where you are.

People already explained to you why they don't give a shit about your pontifications, so take your autism pills and realize we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't even agree with your basic premise. Steam has made PC the primary platform of North America, and made it so profitable that not only do western companies almost universally do PC ports, but even Japanese companies are doing PC ports as fast as they can.

Shit, you can go buy Neptunia, Atelier and all the Nihon Falcom games right no, on Steam. Why? Because Steam has made PC a fucking money making machine by being an easily used and accessed store. And you can't fucking pirate what doesn't exist on the platform, chuckle fuck, so you only get to pirate a lot of these games because Steam has made the platform so god damn profitable it can't be ignored anymore.

And as to 'muh license' bullshit, assuming Steam does ever fucking die, 1. Steam as already stated they'll release a tool to unlock all steam titles and 2. Even if that's a lie and they fucking don't, those tools ALREADY FUCKING EXIST. Why do you think games with Steamworks DRM are cracked fucking instantly? Because it's a non-DRM, made a placebo for stupid fuck publishers so they don't shit up Steam with stuff like Denuvo and VMProtect.

So, no, I don't even agree with you basic premise that 'Steam = Bad'. I'd agree that I'd like some more competition in the market, maybe through GOG Galaxy, but in all, Steam has been a net positive for PC and we have tangible, concrete benefits from it's existence. So yes, do kindly shut the fuck up.

Without using the words "DRM" "Shit community" "anti consumer practices", tell me why I should ignore 12 years of no problems, convenient service and good sales practice
Hearsay? Yeah.

This might explain why you sound so retarded. You can't even type past 20 words a minute.

Hmm, not sure where you got this from, but ok. Please feel free to pass your money into the hands of (((swindlers))) simply because it's convenient.

I'm not american, I don't actually understand the wallmart anecdote
Hookfile? That little bit of code that no one was able to prove?

As I said originally. It's a convenient online shop that hasn't caused me any issues.

They've been accused of shady shit in the past which has been unprovable, the recent paid mods fiasco, I just simply see that as a business trying to make it's bread and butter.

Good job doubling down on the bullshit. How exactly are they swindlers? I've yet to hear developers complain Valve stole money from them. They know what they're getting into when they release the game on Steam, and I know what I'm paying when I buy the game.

Wallmart employs disabled for cheaper pay and has many ethical problems with how it functions. People dismiss this though because their prices are as cheap as the make of their ware. Nobody cares though because consumers are morally bankrupt.
Not even the Steam moderators apparently. Many people were banned for using some simple texture mods offline some years ago and when people attempted to repeal the ban the moderators dismissed them immediately. There's also the payed mods fiasco and the gambling shit they've been pulling on their online games.
It's still responsible for incredibly unethical practices. Like I said before, the ends don't justify the means.
In the process they nearly (many would argue they have) destroyed the entire modding community. Which turned a bunch of people sharing content to try and collaborate to make something enjoyable, into a bunch of untrustworthy young sharks who no longer wish to produce content for the sake of fun. I'm being sincere here when I'm saying that you simply don't understand what occurs enough to actually think what they're doing is simple businesses. How far do you think they can go for simple convenience before you stop buying from them? Again, for the third time. The ends do not justify the means.

Well yea because if they did they would no longer do service with them. Which means they would no longer be able to develop games.

So, your argument is that Valve is running a racket, blackmailing developers into silence while stealing their shekels and no one but you is aware of this nefarious plot, okay.

If you can think of something more autistic than spending Christmas Eve dumping bricks of greentext on Holla Forums, I'd like to hear it

Huh, I recognize f1321b's autism. He was one of those two guys arguing in those recent Cuphead threads for over three weeks straight.

The 'Tism is real man.

"No u"? Is that seriously all you have?

You just moved the goalpost from "they're doing it" to "they'll do it when they secure an even greater marketshare". You have no proof.

No, I recognize that constant "you'de"/"I'de" typo. It's definitely you.

Having difficulty understanding and communicating with others is a sign of autism, you know

How's about you take this discussion somewhere where it will be more appreciated? There's this lovely subreddit I hear that loved to suck Gaben's cock?
You're a fucking retard contributing to cancer and this thread deserves to be shitposted to death just like an EA or journo shill thread, now kill yourself you disgusting faggot.

Without the appearance of steam pc gaming would be basically non-existent today or every game would have it's own unique DRM shit attached like starforce.
Also this >>14040398

fuck steam

How's eiyu*senki?
it's cheaper for me to buy it on steam and get the uncensor patch from publisher's site, and I'd really like to fug famous historical figures (female)

I don't want to support banking system scalping me on conversion rates though.
and let's not get too far ahead of ourselves too.

then just pirate it and support them later.

hotpockets what is this "fairness doctrine" bullshit?
Shoulda left the anti-steam posts up. Valve and Steam are cancer.

It wasn't offtopic either.

based mods shitting on goons

It's like pottery.

Thread shouldn't even still be up to be honest, its all shit and (what a surprise) there's no valuable discussions to be had in this shitpile of a thread anyways thank god

Agreed steam is shit for various reasons I can point out, but this thread just seems like a shill thread. that's shitty

Holla Forums is probably mad that I gave money to Bethesda but I just want to enjoy video games. I made the mistake of buying a "physical" version of FO4 earlier this year too.

Valvedrones ladies and gentlemen
I feel tired just looking at you

But how's the game, I want to fuck Copernicus and Rasputin and have something to do after masturbating, is it good?

I'm failing to see why you can't, again, pirate it and tell people about whether its good or not?
You likely won't find an answer in this thread.

I'm autistic

The issue is that cunts like you and your gaggle of faggot internet friends refuse to listen when you're told why steam is shit. Until you listen, the autism isn't going away.

Reminder that the buck stops with you when it comes to consumer power
Choosing not to use it is the equivalent of not going out to vote because "it doesn't matter anyways lmao"
Its cancer and anyone who has that mentality to begin with is cancer and also half the reason why the gaming industry is in such dire straits to begin with

Holy shit this thread is a graveyard. Steam is the thread killer apparently.

Reminder that steam is a symptom, not the cause.
People eat shit, because they're 200% demoralized, and have no sense of purpose or belonging so they attach themselves to corporate entities.
in a normal society, like in Japan when company steps out of the line and does something core audience doesn't like (what was that game which censored pantsu and ended in Jap equivalent of 1 dollar bin?) , stocks plummet, products go into trash and execs commit suicide, in the west Nike's Liberation Front members will do any level of mental gymnastics to justify their superiority to People's Army of Adidas

1. Doesn't bother me, hasn't caused me any issues in 12 years - a complete non-issue
2. Don't interact with the community - a complete non-issue
3. As already said, valve isn't anyones friends, they're just a business looking to make money out of it's users, if you think they are anything else, you're fucking retarded.

Nothing substantial. If anything major had happened, I'm sure you would have mentioned it.
Which was? Paid mods? That was a disaster, was quickly shut down and as I said, I'm under no illusions that companies just want our money and I'm not one that's going to get shocked over a new means to get money.