Activision removes every Transformers game from Steam/XBL/PSN

Uh oh, guess their license expired. Sucks ass if you wanted to get Transformers: Devastation this sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/valve-pulls-game-from-steam-library-for-the-first-time-even-if-you-bought-it-1580981/
store.steampowered.com/app/34600/Order_of_War/
archive.fo/awYew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Glad I got Devastation while it was still available, almost decided against it to wait for a cheaper sale too.

Another IP freed from their clutches.

Digital games are cancer.

If you had it already you still keep it and can continue to install it.

Is Activision dying?

Well, fuck. I had actually been planning on buying Devestation at some point.

Who plays those games? I always assumed that they were shitty tie-in cash grabs for the Bay movies. Are they actually good?

This flash did not age well.

Some of them are pretty good, yes.

Probably not, they just won't be as profitable as they once were. The CoD bubble has arguably burst so they may not continue making it if it is not nearly as profitable as it once was.

Probably, they got sewn to the literal infinite money drain blizzinga and Destiny kind of seems like it's getting fucked, I heard they lost a couple of their big whales on that.

Devastation made by platinum was pretty damn good. While it isn't amazing and a similiar formula to a lot of platinum games it was a decent play.

Only Dark Spark was related to a Bay movie, the War for/Fall of Cybertron games are part of the aligned continuity which includes Prime, and Devastation is just G1.

Games you have on your library remain on it even if they are removed from the store. I buy all my shit from torrents and know this, so there is no reason to be this ignorant

Try buying those games digitally now, you fucking mouth breather.

Is this common? To just completely remove all your games from legitimate means?

It was most likely license expiration than anything else.

Try buying those physical PS2 games now.

But yeah, it's kinda retarded that stuff can be pulled from a "digital shop"

My favorite game hasn't been on digital stores for ages now due to retarded licensing issues.

BUYFAGS BTFO

No, it isn't common, it usually happens when they're doing maintenance resigning over revenue feeds to new owners or if Gearbox is throwing a fit because nobody will buy Bazingookem

You want to know the best kicker? Games can be pulled from digital shops because of any license expiring. You cannot buy some driving games from a decade ago ( and pic related) due to the car licenses expiring, so now you have to search out for the physical version (Unless you find a key).

Also, on top of that, I have a physical copy of Star Trek D-A-C that requires Steam to activate the game, but the titles has alrady been gone from the Steam store for who knows how long (I can still activate it, though). And, Best Buy still sell digital codes for the PS3 version of that Scott Pilgrim game everyone loves (But, not the 360 version).

Really?

Why did you have to remind me. It's a longshot but does anyone have those Scott Pilgrim Xbox Live avatars they had codes for in Xbox Magazine or some shit, I've been looking for the macros and can't find them.

It's not removed from your library when its store page is taken down.

The issue isn't with digital, but with (((licensing))) and yiddish IP laws.

You could always check for 360 DLC torrents and download the SP DLC, check if its there somewhere.

No. This is what Activision does.

This is what they did to Tony Hawk, this is what they did to Guitar Hero, and this is what they're doing to CoD. Once CoD dies down in popularity, something else will make cash for them. On top of that they have Blizzard now, which makes a ton of money no matter what they put out.

Activision is eternal, I'm afraid.

And yet there are people here who are in favor of IP laws. The only type of IP laws that are intended to protect the customers are trademark laws. Copyright and patents laws are here to make everything worse. They are intended to protect the creator, which usually means the big corporations.

Oh, FUCK OFF user. Patents are the reason Edison, Tesla, and Farnsworth got their wealth, and were able to invent what they did.

You would think they'd have a sale before they pulled it to get the last remaining money out of it but that would actually be a smart business practice if you're selling a licensed product.

Digital is best. Digital piracy that is.

Nothing wrong with patents and copyright, so long as they have a limited shelf life and don't get prolonged into perpetuity like Disney does with their shit. 20 years should be the maximum a patent can be owned before it becomes public domain.

Only the DLC with Wallace is available now.

Why even live

And brown Eren too

No. They have blizzard, and bblizzard fanboys are eternal.

What if you never got a chance to buy it?
But good thing if you bought it, that means steam could never possibly remove it from your account :^)

geek.com/games/valve-pulls-game-from-steam-library-for-the-first-time-even-if-you-bought-it-1580981/

Just because you bought it on steam, doesn't mean you "own" it; You own a license for the game, a license that steam can revoke at any point in time as they like.

Look at what konami did with P.T.

Buyfags can never own these old games. I can download and play these games at any time for free. I say once again:
B U Y F A G S B T F O

>store.steampowered.com/app/34600/Order_of_War/
What?

Disregard

When did that happen? I thought COD was still their blockbuster?

While I cant comment on either of those people because I do not know their patent situation well enough. James Watt can be thought of as a good example.
Thanks to patent protection, he made huge changes to the steam engine and got the money he deserved from that.

Except that is not the case. While he did get a lot of money and his change to the steam engine was very important, the economy without patents also works and likely better. Many inventors in the day made improvements to the steam engine. They were generally funded by factories that wished to see their steam engine become better. The improvements however were not protected, so once one factory had it, sooner or later it spread to other factories as well. Still it was worth investing in because being the first to improve always yields benefits. The best thing about their being no protection however is that any other inventor can improve upon past improvements. While the things Jame Watt did for the steam engine were huge, by patenting it, suddenly the steam engine improvements came to a halt. James Watt had no further incentive to improve at all during the time period, and in fact did not do so. It was only after the patent expired that he once again made any contribution to the steam engine whatsoever. During the time of the patent, he and his (((business partner))) spend most of their time bringing lawsuits to other inventors. Meaning not only did they sit on their lazy ass, they also forced anybody else to stop their work as well.

There is much more prove of the bad nature of both patent and copyright law. There are books in a series, of which the first few are actively sold but the later ones are not simply because they were made just before copyright became a perpetual thing. These later versions have no economic, cultural or entertainment value because nobody is going to buy them and read them. The earlier ones, because they are no longer protected, still have value. Not because they are better, simply because the curse that is intellectual property rights did not block them.

Another example of a very, very successful book that has no copyright is the 9/11 commission report. By US law, it has no copyright because it is produced by the US government. And when the contract was made to find a book publisher, they even had rules preventing them from making much profit. They had to give a free book to any of the 9/11 victims families, they would compete with the exact same report being digitally available the same second and they were only allowed to make a very small profit per print. And still companies really, really, really wanted that contract.

If you believe copyrights and patents are needed, it is simply because you have never thought about a world in which they are non existing. You have simply looked at them, decided they made some sense, and because they are used, decided they are the only possible way. It even ignores evidence to the contrary that exists in this world.

I believe that capitalism is a pretty good system because it works, and copyright and patents are a slap in the face of it. Capitalism can not work in a way that benefits society as a whole when we allow monopolies to exist and yet we enforce the stupid monopolies that are copyright and patent laws.

While I am sure few people here are, know that if you are a member of a third world country, they are forcing copyright and patents upon you simply to keep you down. China is growing strong because it has decided as a culture to ignore these stupid barriers for the most part. Any other country in the world should do the smart thing and start ignoring them as well.

You can get them from TIZ, faggot. It cost me $0.00 and a few minutes to get Yakuza 2.

No. You do get games removed for purchase though (but not to people who already bought it) as in, Fallout on GOG, and Tetris/Donkey Kong on eShop.

That's the original game. The game that was purged was order of war:challenge

Go away pirate shill

Kind of a shame, War and Fall were really fucking good

I'm not trying to hide the fact that i'm a pirate. At most you could call me a shameless promoter of piracy.

Holy mother fucking shit, either legitimately commit suicide or go back to tumblr.

Sometimes that happens. Pic related was on sale for a dollar 48 hours before Remedy pulled the game because of expired music licenses.

No idea how accurate pic related is, but fuck me, that's a game that has barely any info about it floating around.

Allegedly you could still play it on lan but I couldn't find anything that confirmed it, due to squeenix shutting the servers down and with no way to access it, valve probably removed it to stop people downloading it (costing them bandwidth)
They still have it in their account, so if squeenix ever did anything with it, valve wouldn't get fucked, they just can't install it.

You fucking wot m8

Isn't shilling like doing PR for products you buy?

Shilling is promoting something while pretending to be a consumer rather than an employee.

Something else that needs to die

PC MASTA RACE

Too bad Activision and Paramount killed them by retconning them into the Bayformers universe in Rise of the Dark Spark.

That's the joke, kiddo.

It's not all bad news. They removed the Platinum Games Legend of Korra game too.

Right so no one here is an actual pirate like Blackbeard so my statement still fucking stands.

It prevented others from making changes to the fucking steam engine to improve it you idiot. In a world without patents and copyright, you do not need to invent a fully new type of engine to make improvements, you just take what is originally there and improve upon it. That is the whole fucking point you are ignoring. If I tell you that no improvements were made to the car during a certain period, don't come shouting at me that bikes, planes and trains became 200% more efficient during the period.

I did not suggest china is a culturally rich country, if it is or isn't, I don't care. While I certainly believe that copyright is hurting our ability to have a rich culture, I was talking about economy. Just look at Japan. It was a shithole of a country, close to china in terms of technological advancement. And they ignored anything like patent and copyrights and became one of the most technologically advanced societies in our world. They literally went around the world taking pictures of everything to "steal" every idea and invention possible. And it fucking worked.

And I fully agree that there are many problems with our government, but they are pretty much the same as the ones with copyright and patents. Many of the systems in place may look reasonable, but they are specifically made to keep the same people in power. This is true for both government as well as intellectual property. You may think that IP laws protect the small little inventor, this is barely ever the case. Most inventors work for a bigger company, which isn't too bad, especially if there are no protective laws like non compete agreements. Smaller inventors often get bought out or have to spend all their time fighting lawsuits. Copyright and patent law are here to make it so that Disney and the like do not have to compete with the much more agile newer companies.

In a research done by the EU on copyright protection, they investigated the EU and US database industry because in the EU, databases are protected while in the US, they are a listing of facts so they cannot be protected. They found that the US industry was bigger and growing faster. The main defense of the EU industry actually came down to the fact that they would have to compete if the copyright protection was removed.

The only good IP law is trademark law, which is there to help companies AND consumers in knowing who made a product and thus if the products are probably going to be good products or not. Copyright and patents are only there to protect the companies from having to compete with anybody else.

How bad is Platinum's Korra, actually?

archive.fo/awYew
>From what i understand (((collectors))) in europe in particular hire slavs and chinese immigrants to go to flea markets with a checklist of games they already own and pay them to destroy copies of things like Saturn and NES games because "it drives up the value of my investment".
>The buyfag is a noble soul scouring the deals for objects to save and enjoy while scalpers buy them up to gather dust with a now 3 digit price tag and (((collectors))) are the true villains who see them destroyed to make the number of physical copies in the world less intentionally.
>last year a guy revealed he had cases of unopened NES titles assumed to be in the single digits of surviving copies and would sell them all for a single dollar as long as you signed a contract and played them rather than resold them and (((collectors))) got caught trying to hire a hitman to kill him before the auctions ended, made accounts on social media pretending to be young kids with cancer wanting them and one john candy avatarfag even showed up here of all places saying we were "anti capitalist" for laughing at their investments falling in value.
ARCHIVE EVERYTHING…EVEN PHYSICAL COPIES OF GAMES!!!

It's a competent budget brawler. wish they had just made it based on the original series though.

GET THAT LANDLUBBER OUT OF MY SIGHT

And you can pirate steam games as well, including ones that get pulled from the store, also are you seriously bringing up digital shit when you were trying to defend physical shit in the first place?

Interesting.

I guess considering that the servers a long dead, it's understandable why steam would stop you from downloading it.

It's still a scary thought that steam can just block you from downloading something you own.

Good thing pirating exists to make sure you can still play those games. At least until all new games are connected to some server like mmos and they are killed when the servers are taken down.

this is a /cuckchan/ meme?????

Have you ever heard of iNES, user? It's was the first "working" format for NES ROMs. By all hindsight accounts, it is an incredibly flawed setup, that was then improved upon in many other formats. None of these improved systems caught on because everyone is just using iNES (Even Nintendo) simply because it works.

Wasn't there some electronics patent back in the 80's that was caught up on a political squabble because some U.S. company couldn't sell it directly to the Japanese, so they sold it to a Frech company who turned around and sold it to the Japanese company? How is that "stealing"?

UP DA BUTT>>14034751

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were retconned into Transformers Prime, because Hasbro is retarded

I lost will to live

collectorfags are definitely gay but
>From what i understand (((collectors))) in europe in particular hire slavs and chinese immigrants to go to flea markets with a checklist of games they already own and pay them to destroy copies of things like Saturn and NES games because "it drives up the value of my investment".
That doesn't even make sense. Why would he pay them to destroy them instead of just stockpiling them and saying they don't exist? It's not like anyone would know he has a secret stockpile. And he can always resell the duplicates now for further profit. Sounds like ((fake news)) imo.

While it's probably fake news, I wouldn't put it past nu-Europe to do something like that.

Legend of Korra is set on the Transformers universe?

Yes, user. Right on top of it.

No wonder it sucks.

Reminds me of the Deadpool game, That got pulled from digital stores, and then got put back up again when the movie came out. now it was pulled again, likely to be put back up when Deadpool 2 comes out.
The same could happen with Transformers, when the next movie comes out they could put the games back up, but maybe not since the games were up for years, only to now be pulled for no logical reason.

Korra is probably gone for good since that show is done, but Korra was an okay at best game anyway, Devatstion was far better. and the TMNT game got pulled way earlier for sucking ass.

Here's a later post: >>14023750
>(((collectors))) man, not even once.

…but that's not Activision's fault if the contract ended. It's the digital system.
Same thing happened to Remedy and Alan Wake, they couldn't sell the game anymore because of the soundtrack.

Nope they own King now so they get all their money from whales on their phones.

When they tried to do something cool for once and put CoD in space and all the casuals hated it because it wasn't the same dull brown and bloom bullshit they were buying for the past ten years.

They basically hated every deviation in the past 3 CoD games (prior to WW2).
Advanced Warfare

Black Ops 3

Infinite Warfare

The Neo Geo AES (((collector))) scene is full of insane kikes and their golems. Thank fuck for flash cards and SD card solutions. Same goes for open source emulation. Fuck resellers, get Magical.

And that boys and girls is why we have digital piracy. Pirates don't need licensing. All they need a is a HDD and internet connection.

Until your (((ISP))) catches wise.

I think IW could've worked if the multiplayer wasn't just a reskin of Black Ops 3.

Yeah this happens a lot.

Videogames are ephemeral. Nobody thinks long term. When they license music or (voice) actors they don't write perpetual contracts.

Torrent trackers run ads on their sites. It's entirely possible to shill for piracy. What, do you think those websites do it for free?

people use the internet bareback?

So you're saying he doesn't actually have a problem with "pirate shills", just ads

You seriously underestimate how popular it still is.

Devestation is good

Depends
Activision, Yes
Activision-Blizzard, Fuck No
Overwatch is single handedly saving that shit company

Get out of here landlubber

They're ugly as shit but also really comfortable.

Slap her for not getting you Spider Fighter socks. Well, never mind, it's best to fight spiders with shoes, not socks.

Those are very ho,t user

I wear them with my other fashionable clothes.

They care enough to make CoD:WW2 the top-selling game of this year. Lesson learned: forget inovation, keep recycling the same shit forever.

You better treat your mom right.

I make my mother pancakes twice a month, thank you very much.

Enjoy getting Swatted for DDOSing some nerds.
I don't even live in a Continental Landmass so its either piracy or bust.

Aw, I liked the multiplayer for WfC, always wanted to play FoC but the PC version died
And now it's permanently dead

They'll have a tough time catching me on my private trackers.
S**oundless video.**

And why would you want a piece of crap like that?

Because it's good

Were you planning on playing it on an Xbox One or PS4? Because what the fuck has changed here? Steam doesn't sell it anymore. Whoopty. That just means you need to pirate it now, like you should have been doing to begin with.

digital is the best because you can always just go to the internet library and check games out forever

Call your mom a bitch for not getting you retro Sega socks

>Someone uploads a cracked copy of the Transformer games to archive.org

Just had to base the guy on a fucking actor, didn't you?

Can "shill" be retired already, holy shit.

just from the store, if you already bought it im pretty sure you can still play it.
But i agree, if i can i always go gog and backup all the games

At least have some standards if you're going to buy shit.

Removed from being purchased, yes.

Speechless.

listen buyfag the rest of us are still able to get it any time we want without paying those greedy kikes anything.

Only in a sick, degenerate, jewified society could something this morally aberrant exist.

this is why you don't buy PC games. You don't own shit.

you realize people who already bought them still have it right? And can still play it and download it from steam whenever they like.

:^)

Disney will buy it, you know this will happen. As they get more and more desperate they will devour everything they can until they finally die.

YOU DON’T OWN NOTHING, YOU STUPID FUCKING GOY.

NOW THIS IS BAIT!

If a company is providing a game for a price, an honest person will pay that price or do without the game. If the game is no longer available, though, then it's time to fuckin' hoist the sails.

We kali fucking yuga now.

fuck thats not the file i wanted to post shit forgot what i named it and went with the only file available

Copyright is the law of the jew, which was never part of western society and effectively grinded progress to a halt. Ideas and designs are invented, not owned.

KILL YOURSELF JIM
I’ll still rewrite what I said about Facade, because I really fucking want a game that takes advantage of that tech. I’ve seen NOTHING like it since, except for Event[0], which is a pretentious faggy walking simulator that doesn’t really fit the bill. I WANT TO WRITE MY OWN DIALOGUE AND HAVE NPCS RESPOND TO IT, DAMN IT. I know it would be fairly hard, but nowhere near as hard as a decade ago, particularly with things like Siri, Cortana, Alexa, and Gay Jewgle in existence now. I want my character to be able to run the gamut between being able to kill, fuck, steal from, or enter into a business deal with an NPC.

I’ll correct you. Infinite copyright, which was never part of Western society… We need to return to the copyright law outlined at the US’ founding. Disney is the sole reason, period, end of discussion, that copyright will never expire ever again.

This is no shit. My parents worked at a brakehose factory when I was a kid, and sometime during the 90's the owners were looking to sell the place off. They brought a bunch of Japanese businessmen into the plant and gave them a grand tour, allowing them to take pictures of everything they wanted in an attempt to try to court them into buying the place. A bunch of people from the floor and a few of the union reps came to management and told them they were fucking up, because they were basically giving away all their processes and blueprints. Management didn't listen, because the deal was just too sweet for their judaism to be contained. The Japs then pulled out of the deal at the last minute and fucked off to open up their own plant in some shithole country using all the stolen designs.

It’s about a children’s show about dykes. As a game it was a fun fighter, but the content is irredeemable.

I’d love to see a book or some articles about this. It would be great to be able to properly cite it.

We don't need to move to China.
We need to bring to the west their best ideas and practices. Getting rid of all copyright is one of them.

Those japs did nothing wrong.
No one should ever hold any idea behind a paywall. Either share it or have it stolen.

What did he mean by this?

I agree, but not for the same reasons. The company were just being greedy kikes, who the whole while thought they were screwing over the Japs because as part of the bargain - the Japs would have assumed responsibility for the pensions of everyone there, including the retirees already collecting. At the time, a good 40+% of their workforce was within 4~8 years of retirement.

They should have known damned well that nobody is going to take on that kind of responsibility for somebody else's contracts - and letting them walk around and document fucking everything was just beyond retarded. They deserved to screwed over on that deal. .

War was retconned, Fall was that from the get-go.

what the fuck happened to devastation 2? they teased that shit at the end and just did nothing but fucking korra and turtles afterwards.

Yer a fagget matey

You mean the last 3000 years

That is the main goal of "idea sellers".
They always want to screw the buyers.
That is reason enough to end the practice of "owning" or "selling" ideas.
Share, or have it stolen from you.

At least have some rudimentary knowledge of a topic on which you opine.

Well, we share stuff for free on the Share Thread

Speaking of actors

Nigger it's one of the most bought game of the year and it only came out a few months ago…

Kinda remind me of sonic extreme on how SEGA stole an idea.

A shill would tell you to whitelist the site in the your adblocker.
So you can stop being a retard now.

And still it is diminishing it's influence and normalfags are quick to abandon it.
COD is gonna die, along with Activision. and it will be soon.

CoD FINALLY went in an interesting direction and normalfags flipped their shit to the point that Activision backpeddled all the way back to WWII, the safest setting possible for FPS. When normalfags get their hands on something great they can't help but destroy it, I hate them so fucking much.

OY VEY GOYIM, HOW DARE YOU REVOKE MY GREEDY DRACONIAN LAWS!!

Shame. I bought Devastation and was waiting to buy the Cybertron games. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for an archived crack or something.

Always wait for means to pirate it.
Don't waste your money in games.
Get them. Don't buy them.

I have that SP game on PS3. I believe it's also floating around in torrented format, but on the off chance that it's not and that there's an easy way to dump them online, I'd do it. Game is way too good for what its source material is.

lmao

you ok user?

Normalfags just have shitty tastes, that's why. maybe they're ass at 3dmovement as well