4X strat general

ready to get you chink 4x fix?
if you were waiting for your chance to grab, now its the time, go buy it goy
(or pirate it first)(but seriously its good)

Other urls found in this thread:

primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/pottery-and-stove/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm still butthurt my vassal won the game via making pots

What is it with gooks and pots. There are entire mangas based on historical jap lords whose obsession with pots would lead to wars and become life or death decisions.
Pot autism must be a thing over there.

Asians aren't the only ones. European traders used to literally grovel at the emperor's feet for permission to buy more fucking pots.

first of all
japs != gooks != chinks
get your racial slurs right

second of all, pot was pretty important back there and is basically the start of crafting and arts
everything was made of pottery, vase, jars, plates, cups

They're all basically the same thing Changanon.

posts strats and stories
we could even try a mp session if you guys want

Back then it was apparently a case of China having cutting edge fucking pot technology that noble europeans could not get enough of.

Before modern industrial standards for pottery was made, no they're not. What material you use for your pots and jars and even what their finishing glaze is actually affected their ability to keep when in acid and their ability to not leech out their minerals. This affected not only simpler stuff like pickling vegetables but also more complex stuff like preserving meat in salt, making wine, storing important documents under layers of air tight wax etc. Given that ceramics as an industry was established about nearly 1000 years ahead of any viable glass industry to supply the masses, not hard to see why ceramics was considered an important industry in ancient times. Not to mention apparently aside from the Mediterranean area, the rest of Europe had shit clay for ceramics. I'm not sure if this directly fueled the need to make glass a viable replacement material for vessels instead since barrels aren't exactly cheap or easy to make.

I think glass got popular because the materials required were more readily available and, unlike, pottery, there wasn't much need to agonize over raw components required, at least no unless you were aiming for truly transparent glass.

I said gooks as in east asians and gave an example of japs, as a subspecies of gooks. Since I know of documented cases of their pot autism but not of that of chinks
Nothing wrong with what I said.

Europe is a continent very varied in what it does or does not have.
Thracians had great pots 3000 years ago. A millenium before the silk road. Some preserved to today. Later on the bulgarians took up the art.
Greeks had great pottery. Some of it so lasting and detailed that it is one of the reliable sources on history for ancient greece. The pots are still preserved 2k years later.
Italian “maiolica” (majolica) became a thing around 1350.
The fact that northern europe was somehow magically brain detached from southern europe and would prefer to trade with china, rather than with southern europe is a different phenomenon.

If european pottery could last up to 3000 years then I have to question your claim of bad clay.
I'd argue that northern europe should have just upped clay trade with mediterannean and black sea countries, rather than run all the way to chinkland.

The last major migration into Japan before they closed borders were chinks. Nips arguably have the purest chink genes at the moment since china spent most of their time being raped.

Pottery for the masses isn't judged by how long they last or their function. If you want to argue about pot age, there's plenty of pots that are near perfectly preserved from the mesolithic period from up to 7000 BC. Pots were judged on function on how well they performed as vessels not just how long they lasted or how well decorated they were.

There's only so much industry output you can manage with one region. Even if the ancient greek amphoras were of excellent quality and even stuff the archaeologist fished out from under the ocean were so well preserved you could tell what food they stored more than 2000 years ago, there's only so many to go around with. Not to mention existing industries likely had preexisting monopolies by veteran trading entities. The people going east to get more pots were likely going to get either the exotic stuff the chinks were selling for reasonable prices but could fetch them a fortune in europe, or industrial grade pots to satisfy whatever demands that couldn't be met for capacity or even political purposes.

Meant to say pottery isn't judged by how long they last but for their function.

Like pottery.

I read that the Scythians were just autistic about smoking pot.

You have no proof thracian, bulgarian, italian or greek pottery was in any way inferior to gook pottery.
How about you fuck off to china, huh?

MM yeah, pottery.

No, it is you who needs to fuck off. Greek ceramics was good because it was so well made that it could survive underwater for 2000 years while keeping its content in a seal without the sea water's minerals leeching in. Chinks had achieved similar quality of ceramics in the same period during the ancient period and chinks had a much larger ceramic industry than probably the entire Mediterranean sea's countries put together due to the population it needed to serve. You don't hear much about egyptian ceramics because despite how well they have kept artifact wise, they were absolutely useless as storage vessels due to the materials they had to work with.

Thracian ones were even better at 3000 years ago.
You have yet to explain why the clay is worse.

As far as production goes yes, chinks due to sheer number had considerable production, but traveling the globe for it does not seem worth it.
Calling it better is just your yellow fever.

Trade with the byzantine empire was considerably easier than with the east and possible long before colonialism for brits, french and etc. And any really long distance ship trade for that matter.
The only reason I can bring up for cutting off that trade was the mudslime pirate insanity going on in the Mediterranean.

Not a word you should use for those time periods.
What does that even mean ? Are you suggesting that the balkan peninsula or italy lacked pottery for the common man ?
I will outright call you retarded and a chinklover if so.
Get out of here.

Did I? I only said that the pottery they found outside of the region (meaning the pots in northern Europe) indicated that the materials they had to work with wasn't up to snuff compared to ones made in the med. This was all down to material as noted even by th>e variants in greek pottery. What more is there to say?

Well clearly someone saw that demand in Europe exceeded the supply and went on the trip to obtain them through the silk road trade routes. Plus, the merchant isn't going to carry the goods negotiated in China all the way back to Europe in a boat. That's fucking stupid. The merchant negotiates the terms, quantity and period of the goods flowing from china to europe via the silk road. Essentially a contract. Plus the grovelling the other user stated wasn't even for the Europeans then to start carrying home pots on the spot or anything. Romans started trading with chinks around 150 something AD with Parthia and Kushan acting as proxy agents to ensure a smooth transition of goods through their territory in the silk road. I wouldn't assume the industrial output of byzantine or Rome alone would suffice to satisfy the entire europe.

You're acting as if that distance is very hard obstacle. The romans had embassies in China and even the Greeks had embassies in china and cambodia established around 100AD and trade started around 150AD. It's only natural for hellenistic people to flow into the region as by 100 AD, their presence were already established in both Kushan and Parthia. The explanation for any demand of pottery from china to europe is simply there's a demand, just like how there's a demand for roman glassware in China because even though chinese glass existed from 200BC onwards, the industrial output was nowhere near enough the satisfy the demand present.

Funny you should say that since if we go into craftsmenship, then the output for pottery would shrink even more as techniques, glaze compositions and even clay mixes they used would be considerable trade secrets. Plus industry for all intent and purpose means the conglomerated output of any service of production sector. It's totally accurate to use in this context.

I'm suggesting that, maybe, just maybe the industrial output of the black seas and the med seas were already at its peak and there's still demand in the rest of europe for pottery and chinese pottery represented a very viable way to both secure stocks and satisfy the demands where local industry hasn't succeeded.

TL:DR- You're fucking retarded and know nothing about how trade worked.

I've thought I had seen it all, but a thread derail by pottery argument
since it all began by someone arguing that pottery was not important, guess the point is made

I would need a source on this and more than your opinion on the matter as proof.
The silk road is nice and all but it held enormous risk for the goods. From bandits, to political theft, to natural disasters it was common to lose all your stock and even your life on it.
Ship travel rome - constantinope was 1 week of safe travel before mudslime pirates came about. It was a GIGANTIC trade route before muslims made it 1 month with high risk. I fear you underestimate its significance. If anything these were two of the biggests spots connected to the silk route.
After islam mongols hit that very same silk road. This was by no means a safe route.
Could those embassies stop the local wars, political intrugue, bandits , mongols, dessert sandstorms and etc ? Being a merchant was not that easy back then.
But then I would have to quote this:
Simply put the text claims it became relevant extremely late if at all.

Your claim is based on a high consumption of such goods in europe. Which didn't exist until much much later.
And again we would have to post some more reliable sources here to prove there was significant pot trade at all. I can bet you that asian pottery was seen as exotic and more valued based on that alone, rather than quality. And I would add to that internal european rivalry.
It wasn't that the black and med seas were at peak capacity. Those regions were drowned in wars which made trade much more difficult as clearly seen in the decline of countries/empires in those regions. Which I would again relate to islam from pirates to direct conquest.

TL:DR you live in fairyland and believe a ground route across asia, the middle east and europe was a walk in the park

so when I made the thread it was intended for general 4x discussion

with that in mind, has anyone tried it?
I've played it since beta stage and its one of the best 4x around
yes it lacks some depth but its extremely balanced and challenging otherwise

No user, we're talking about pots now.

I, too, like pots.

Potter user here. China had vast quantities of easily obtainable kaolinite, which is as white as snow, can be thrown quite thin, was easily manipulable (as a result, more impressive things could be done with it) and was more stable to glaze. Korea had arguably some of the most translucent glazes in the entire world until Wedgwood applied the scientific method to glazing. Wedgwood also put significant amount of money into trying to recreate china, only succeeding in creating bone china which wasn't quite as good. In the modern, industrial world, we can dig deep for bigger quantities of kaolinite, but until then it was a Chinese trade secret.

more like, potheads, amirite?

You funny guy gweilo, I steal your organs last.

Also, yes I have tried Oriental Empires. I don't know if it's just this game or 4x games in general, but I find it kind of slow going and not that much to do. Just taking in resources and waiting to see who fucks over who first.

it just sounds you're bad in 4x in general, at least you're not one of those civ5 childs

How's Age of Wonders 3?

not him but what is your or the general opinion on beeing good in 4x?

well first thing about it is enjoying it…
no point in playing if you don't enjoy a major part about it, that is exploring and building

This is probably the first 4x made in recent times where natural disasters, drought, and blockading trade mean jack shit. I single good drought at the wrong time can bring a giant fucking empire to its knees in a handful of turns. It's really hard to get a surplus of cash going too so managing your armies is a thing. AI is really aggressive and will attack if you show weakness.
Getting a good trade empire going is satisfying as shit.
I would like to see a lot more done with characters and some more options for fucking with enemies though. Spies and sabotage coming to mind. It would also be really nice if there was more visual distinction between terrace/irrigated farms as well as the option to not loot every farm your army is standing on. Tile improvements like enormous walls and towers would also be great.

The map editor came out a few days ago, it's pretty neat to be able to make more strategic landscapes considering the random generator favours endless flat plains

did you mean it "doesn't mean jack shit"?
but I agree with you on most, its extremely well done game, very immersive 4x

every other game with them have them being annoying as shit, not something interesting to micro, civ, pandora and even total war come to mind

I'm pretty sure there is though, terraced farms cut through the hills like they're supposed to, but all farms have that glossy overlay to them

also agree on that, having cities building tile improvements is a really good thing, problem is, production works really different than what we're used to
I think it would be pretty fucking cool for western kind of setting though

that is true, the grand campaign is pretty cool but samey after a while,
from what it seems the devs are heavily geared towards custom content, mods and custom campaigns being a nice prospect

Yeah, meant 'doesn't'. A good drought can end your game if your cities aren't prepared.
I would at least like to have spies who could scout around the map and collect information without needing to send some troops instead to piss everyone off.

anyone interested in a mp game?

on the subject of pottery: primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/pottery-and-stove/

I'd be down to be a oriental ceramics jew with anons.

Haven't played, avoided because I heard it had only one real win condition, combat. Something about the aliens being such a problem that you pretty much have to warmonger.

Endless Legend is plenty quick.

I've been trying since christmas, before everyone there were fucking games all the time, but now nothing
are you thinking today? have checked their discord?

The original has a much better feeling than anything that came after. I know many prefer shadow magic, but it didn't give me the same feeling of fun and comfy that the original did.

Those journal logs did it for me

How about this weekend user

it would be nice, just today I was able to get a few people in the discord to play, got a good feel for it

bump, anyone interested in scheduling a game?

I'm here right now user.

where?

Over here.

There are people dwelling on Holla Forums who are always here, no matter what time. But i am sure they don't play video games.

I may be one of them

are willing to play over new year's eve?

Probably better than playing a nip gachashit mobile game all night.

do you want to play right now?
I was planning on playing some civ6 to waste time until I get mighty bored with it
but if you want to I need some minutes to boot into windows

I can play for a few hours then need to go out to acquire food. But i'm down

ok gonna start soon

ready, game is up

you coming?

I'm already in

I honestly enjoy this game, too bad about the constant crashes and the "no income bug" that plagues me right now.

Game theme

Oy vey, how terrible.

oh boy, its fun ain't it?
I always end up getting into wars, tense as fug

nice song tho, you were the one over west?

I was torn on where to build my next market.

Yes

man I wish those embeds had proper thumbnails.

seriously though you had luck, we were tight as fuck east,
its also because of the the americas, but we had reached sea travel we would be right next to each other
I think that map could work even with only 4~5 human players

remind me to take better pictures next
picture is cluster fuck, my cities are north

I'm also down for starting a new map, same number of AI but probably 100x100 at least

what did you think of the research rate?

Isn't that where zhuge liang died?

Fast research is fine for small maps. If we want to do a huge map game that we keep going for months we might want it at 300% or something. If a player drops out forever does AI take over his faction?

my first leader (it was actually prince)?
no, that wuzhong is the city I got mad at him for settleing, just about when I was moving my settler too
that place right in between wuz and linngzhi would be perfect for a city, with a lot of space for farming too, it triggered my autism
but chengzhou was my city he took and leader died,
I did a mistake of leaving the troops outside the city, and when he waltz in the battle was over

it does

thats not how it works, you research things but you still depend on city growing on its own pace and buidlings/economy,
if anything you would want slower tech (100%) for larger maps, since game will take longer too
150~200% is the sweet spot between small/medium maps where you want to develop a bit quicker, because you will have less space for cities and thus start growing tall quicker
another thing I've noticed is that smaller maps tend to have more concentration of resources

chinked btw,
so you want to play a slower map, I'm up for that too, lets take this brake to get sustainance or whatever

I'll see you chongs in a little over an hour then so I can get food and munchies

ok then

Zhuge Liang was prime minister of Shu, he was the strategist of Liu Bei, and later Liu Shan(or chen). He died iirc at wuzhang plains in one of his many battles between him and Sima Yi. The region between Chang An, and Han Zhong. He was also known as Kong Ming.

Well, I say battles, but Sima Yi was too chicken shit to actually fight him and just stayed holed up in his walls.

well, I know jack shit about chink to be honest, how did you know that?
and will you be wanting to play more?

Well i'm back if you all wanted to get this rolling again

ok created, 72 map too, 8 players,
all china island continent map
is that good?

we can maybe try a 100 size map too, but it can be pretty big

With 8 players 100x100 should be fine.

game is up, 8 players

alright, new years noise settled now
gonna do a quick dinner though

let me post some shots
these were the fucking neighbor cities, he was asking for it

the north
the locusts

Deep in the swamps a tribe of belligerent ingrates has risen to semi prominence.
To the north, dubious 'allies', who for the time chase off wild bandits. For a price.
The peasants of the Shu clan are subhuman. They complain about making farms, then complain about starving. Now despite 10 turns of leisure they've begun a rebellion. The new emperor, ascending to the throne left by his now dead father, has decided to pull all noble troops from the city to instigate a rebellion and begin a purge.

New theme for new game

do not forget the zhao empire with his benevolent offers of taking that peasant scum off our hands
and of course later offering a nice backstab to which ever side hurts the most
and the best final punch, nature giving a fuck you all with floods to starve the rest of them

I think we have experienced that one

update on the game
brought to you by:

fucking massive rebellion,
got to use cool new siege weapons finally, bad news it was against my previous city

even phoenix are going to fuck you over in this game
exclusive with floods followed by rebellions to fuck you over

I'll try to compile a few notes and hints for the game, other feel free to join in and correct me

now for some hints:

Is it just me or is the combat system in Endless Legend dogshit?

Not just you. I figured that much out when I played the game for the first time as Drakken and steamrolled everyone with my starting units.

I've been enjoying this game but it isn't very accurate until it lets me go pee pee in my enemy's coke.

Might be because there's quite a few games based on the romance of the three kingdoms

You really know how to tickle my autism.

one or two, perhaps.

well that is at least one series with a fucken dozen of games….

but speaking of which
I think we going setup up a big mp game with discord people, I think we can get to 6 human players
anyone wants to join in?

latest shitfest

I get this texture bug after installing the Community Patch, any of you had this too? I can't find a mention of this specific texture bug on google.

civ is shit

pic related mega online game

game was insane, got into a 3v3 rumble that was dire
but then my vassal backstabme I know im fucked good in both holes

Alpha centauri's little brother. It has some neat city/economy mechanics but the map generator can fuck you over quite hard. A lot seems to depend on how green your starting area is.
Randomized tech tree is a neat idea but I think progression is still too linear for it to really mean much.
Also is it just me or did it jack some its music from panzer dragoon saga?

Some questions about chink pot empires.

keep it simple stupid, few battle plans are really worth, generally either leave your whole stack defensive or offensive, but you can much depth

give enough space and good land when settling cities, they can go from 3 radius to 5 with huge cities, food resources also help a whole lot

you shouldnt, spare work force is used to build extra stuff, buildings and improvements outside, otherwise you lose farming/growth efficiency

go for peace pact as soon as you can, unless you want war, with no pact it is considered a coldwar and they can pillage your stuff

Kill them like the savages they are.
city regions that cross borders/make pockets inside territories are really useful as they can provide regeneration points in an invasion scenario

trying to setup up another game if anyone interested

btw, they have released the game on gog, should make it easier for pirates

That's not the combat system, that's Drakken's massive health needing a fucking nerf. Plus fast learner, the little shits can just steam roll. They should have got the cannot declare war penalty, not beetlejews.

New game, new background noise.

R8 my first kingdom, 100 turns in.

so from what I've gathered this game is basically chink civ with more pots?

It's chink civ with more tactical combat.

this game lures you into thinking its something like civ,
however it isnt anything like it (civ is shit tbh)
however it is a 4x and it does have tactical combat

its you first time playing the game?
I've guess congratz on not dying/10
also taking on zhou

This is my first playthrough. Zhou is my bitch. they payed me 700 gold in a peace treaty agreement. Han is gradually surpassing me in strength now and I'm wondering if I should take them on or just keep trading with them.

if you beat any AI you better vassalize them, or at least be declared emperor
that is the way to win the game afterall, and since you can't possibly dominate everything, you're better off having take care of part of the land

I'm playing on prince but I always fuck up when expanding in Civ 4, I don't know how the AI manages to expand a lot and maintain a fuckhuge army. Thing I tried, setting 2-3 cities building gold, rushing the oracle wonder and getting confucianism and using a great prophet to build the shrine for that dosh and spread religion. I've restarted games so many times because I'm always way behind in techs there's no way I can keep up.

How would you anons improve the game? Maybe the devs are lurking here and will hear our plea. After a half dozen games, here are my picks.

I want an inheritance system and family tree like in the old Total War games.

bad AI = cheats
even in civ4

I know that but at least diplomacy makes sense unlike 5 and 6.

I too have come up with quite a few suggestion, most of them small things that can make the game more pleasant, however I'm too lazy to go to their forums where would be the best place of them

but it does…?

culture is somehow too quick, why its disabled on most mp games

it is though, having resource less citiesis pretty bad specially early on, the city spam can happen mid game to fill in the gaps

true, specially making land resources more tradable, instead of single lump sum of gold
but I disagree with the pots thing, pretty much what you want is caravansary in every city

I would the following
you can build mines up to 6 tiles away, however you control that resource if you claim it by having a touching border,
I've had a situation where I had control of the mine when another player came and claimed the resource for himself
meanwhile a there its pretty annoying there are some resources just outside of your borders that you never have access to

because that is a freaking limiting factor in the game, and if you have a bad spawn you're pretty much screwed

I agree with having more things to build on land, corrently you only have stuff for mountains, having different tile improvements could be really cool
however I think the system works for the current game, and going with other stuff would work better for a different game, like new european type or something, if they ever get to it

I know that, civ4 is the last true civ game, 5 and 6 are worthless
I didn't say its shit, however it still has as somewhat shit AI (be sure to play with the improved AI mods)

Only in the statistics screen and not in the left-lower corner, but it's a bit nitpicky point. I think the user interface itself is visually nice enough, but it really should be more informative. Some stuff off the top of my head:

Also I would like…
The comp tends to prioritise terrace farms over irrigation over default farms for some unthinkable reason, slowing growth. Somewhat related is that you can't build more farms than population you have. It's logical, but I think you should be able to 'plan' ahead building and proceed when you have enough men. I often forget about new cities and they either sit there doing nothing or start building terraced farms everywhere.

Correct me if I am wrong, but caravansaries seem to be broken, since cities can keep selling eachother the same pots and copper. Is there a point of building more than one mine or silk factory if you put a caravansary everywhere? I get insane profits from building large market and caravansary in every city. Maybe the sales depend only on the population and not the amount actually produced, but I don't know.

Temples only provide some expensive culture points and reduce your tech rate and unrest a little bit. There are at least 4 different philosophies in the game, but they mostly do the same and have no real purpose politically. I think it's a missed opportunity.

I agree with better tile claiming. Maybe building a mine should convert the plot into yours? Also some limited herding should be implemented for farmers. Herders can farm too, if they want to.

Though it takes more turns, terraced farms puts another section of the population to work and adds 2 food, whereas irrigation only adds 1 food onto some farmers already working.

They also stated they addressed the problem of cities with caravanseries selling to each other.

I for one would like to see the addition of BRIDGES. Of varying qualities. A permanent ferry for instance would allow armies to cross the same turn they reach the river bank, a wood bridge could carry 4 units per turn and a stone bridge would allow a full stack to move normally.

You fool, its incredibly important to use proper racial terms.
You start mixing up Chink and Nip, tomorrow it will be Nip and Spic, then by next Friday, nigger and honkey.
The words will lose any context, words will blur, its Multi-culturalism of the english langauge to just mix up your batch of Vietnamese slurs with the really juicy ones you have for the fucking Filipinos.

There is a racial slur database online, you can use that to make sure that you don't end up calling a Hun, a shovelface which should be used to refer to Koreans, so he doesn't just laugh at you then proceed to plunder any fiefs you may own.

Stop being autistic, user.

the interface is pretty well done, I dunno if the authority and culture on the left corner shows the summed up value, but it should
you have notifications, list of units and list of cities, you should be checking each of those in that order, specially important in multiplayer with a limited timer
when cities need upgrade it shows an a arrow, it also shows if they're building anything or if there is some danger by flashing red
cities shouldn't stop building stuff because of unrest, first because you may actually need to build something quickly, and second because 60% unrest isn't the end of the world either

I find that hard to believe, but to be honest, I have yet to find how to automate things, but farms work in some intuitive way at first
they can be worked by two citizens, with the first getting 2 food and the second getting 1, so they have less efficiency for the second citizen
irrigated farms overcome that, terraced farms are the same, and cutting down things on map uses different peasants than those building farms
and given that most of the AI cities are actually functional I find it hard to believe that automation is dumb
but either way there needs some more research and hard numbers to see how they work

that is pretty how its supposed to work though, a city can only to sell to another city which doesn't produce a resource, but a city can buy the same resource from several cities
if there is an underlying volume mechanic in play we don't know, but the sell value depends on population indeed,
thus large population and trade network being the base for income in this, which is basically need for later tier buildings and units

got sauce on that? what did it change?

well to be fair, religion had no polical alignment in that time like it did in the west, and they also where not organized in the same way
religion in the east is more like a collection of philosophies and school of thought, instead of political control or whatever

bridges are overrated to be fair, they already answered that question somewhat, and road over rivers do kinda reduce movement already

Just got this game last week.
Doing okay right now for a first game run.
I'm enjoying it so far, might be up for some MP in the future once I get a better hang of fast expand.
Talking about MP there's talk going around about a server, where might I find this server?

there is no server,but I'd be curious to know how many anons are playing so we can set up an all meme game

there was only one and another user here playing, and we even got into some mp games with the discord crowd
but they have lifes and are generally hard to get into a longer game
some of our biggest games were pretty fun though
I would like to test with pirating anons, if they could get mp working nonetheless

Here is a rather poetic moment from my game I'd like to share.
As a young man, our king Ouyang Chao passed through this valley, after just usurping the throne, and sacked Fengjing, ending a war with the Zhou his predecessor had started. On his way through the valley, he encountered a small army of The White Di: our first encounter with that nation. Now an old man, after a long peace that covered the bulk of his reign, Ouyong Chao has just passed through that valley again and destroyed an invasion force from the White Di just as it had reached Fengjing, a force that had scattered his own army on the way down.

I know that valley fairly well, now let me tell you a cool story my best mp game

in this great game there were 6 empires the mighty Zhou(Me), Wei, Yan, Min Yue, Qi and Shang
the biggest players being Zhou, Yan, Qi and Shang, also favored by starting locations
Zhou and Yan began with a lasting alliance, being leaders of grace, and sharing honor from past lives
Qi started aggravating empires, by letting his troops raid and pillage, trying to forward settle on other man's lands
this quickly turned a mega war turning most of the empires against Qi, but the empire was strong managing to capture some towns from Min Yue and Wei,
however he could not withstand the mighty of the Zhou empire knocking at his doors and soon granted defeat and vassalage

soon after the Shang empire cornered at his wide borders declared war against the united empires,
story will tell us that his intentions were to join Qi in his wars but came prepared too late
this war ending in a stalemate with loses for both sides, resulted in Min Yue and Wei giving their dependence to the mighty cultural Yan Empire,
so that they may live under under their protection while the emperor leads then to a new era, afraid of the fact the Shang turned to Zhou for defensive pact

now like period of calm before the storm, the empires rejoiced in a period of peace,
the mighty emperors of Zhou and Yan, once great allies, turned to each other

it didn't take long, Yan's forces were invading that of Shang, Zhou of course honored his alliance
thought the forces were fierce, Shang withstand the invasion of his enemies and vassals, just about enough so that the forces of his allies came with strong power
Zhou's armies where strong thousands of trained men and cavalry, siege weapons never seen before,
yet Yan's cities were of mighty wonder, with high brick walls, and strong elite garrison, they would not fall easily, however it would not take so long Yan cities to crumble of starvation of their fields destroyed

then we major plot twist occurs, Yan understandable of Qi's treacherous ways, made them a too good an offer, that of independence
now that Zhou focused with his battles on Yan, has his treacherous vassal marching the thousands on the other side of his empire
in this where our saga ended (until now)

so…. will any of us faggots arrange for a multiplayer game?

I have a 3-day weekend starting tomorrow in honor of the original kang nigger.

we are the only anons up for it
the who?

I pirated this game.
Started up, got through like 15 turns.
Nearest neighbor rushed 2 settlements on my capital (ignoring an literally ocean of free tiles) and boxed me in.
Closed game.
Uninstalled.
I've had enough of civ4 thx.

Martin Luther King Jr day in America is a national holiday. I don't remember what we're celebrating exactly. Day he got shot or something.

git gud

ah okay, when you said I though it was some chink shit

We're celebrating the fact that all our water fountains are covered in nigger slobber now.

ervy tiem

wew lad, at least turn off tile yields, what are you, a noob?
what did actually happen there?

I give up, tried to get a game going once again, and no dice
even tried cuckchan, but is one insufferable place full faggots with shitty taste

when you faggots want something other than forever alone, give me a call, I'd be even up for some Civ4

How do online games work? I'd like to play with other people, but I don't like sitting in front of my computer for hours.

what are you, a normie?

what do you want to know?
basically just host a game up, other people join in, you have turn timer and can speed up tech
its better to have a full 6~8 people game, but if you can't you can fill in with AI
other players can fill in the AI if needed too, and you can split the game between sessions
though with a couple other players were able to get to late in a single day, it was pretty quick

surprise doomstacks happened of which every individual one was bigger than my entire army

"good" AI

this user gets it

the best part of the AI is that it fields 150 unit stacks because of an oversight that nobody ever fixed
and also ten years later the endgame slowdown STILL isnt fixed

what oversight no one ever fixed?
also as much as I liked civ4, you should be playing with the BUG improvement mods and alike
if you mean the game getting slower on endgame, that's not exactly a bug,
its just ton of shits going on in game so it takes longer to process

On another note, I've been playing some civ6 to waste some time on linux
and I have to say this game has been a rather pleasant one, not as bad as I thought from before
I can see some hope in its future, though it still has some core design flaws

no FFH2 has its own issues on top of it, due to the complexity of introduced game mechanics the endgame shits itself into unplayability with 30 second turn transitions on a standart map
the oversight is also FFH2 specific, at some point FFH2 dev merged in the AI from a submod into the mainline code, which caused the AI to shit out retarded doomstacks of hundreds of units

Modders developed a "stack limit" mechanic for Civ 4 a couple of years ago, one of the many FFH modmods probably uses it. It's not perfect, but neither is 1 unit per tile so it all balances out.

Im groing through all the FFH modmods right now and so far Ive tried Orbis and AoE a long time ago, and Magister and MoM recently
MoM go a force limit and in general my favourite changes seeing how it implemented Master of Magic like elements into the gameplay of FFH, but alas is a thing

It is you who is full of shit here.

From a pure war gaming perspective it is the best 4x I've ever played, hands down. But if you want more focus on economics and interior development then you'll find it lackluster. As is, even though it focuses entirely on military conflict, the scope and depth of strategy is insane.

In multiplayer I had a reputation because I often won games without engaging the enemy's army once. I just had far betfer scouting, used guerrilla tactics, or baited then hit where the enemy wasn't expecting. Literally kill people because they can't pay their own forces so they rebel. Full attrition.

Game's good.

That being said, each class favors a different playstyle. If you want to slowly build up an empire rhen like Dreadnought or Necromancer are more in line with infrastructure than other classes.