#3 PS3 thread

New PS3 thread last one died.

Other urls found in this thread:

redthetrainer.com/ps3/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PS3
wiiu.guide/
amazon.com/Seagate-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1500LM006/dp/B00KY9M6FY
archive.is/GKxIL
intel.com/buy/us/en/product/laptops/acer-aspire-e5-575g-562t-250ghz-i5-7200u-156-1920-x-1080pixels-black-notebook-590301
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100157995 600555764
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/
foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp
community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Media-Music-player-song-order-Alphabetical-only/td-p/23352438#thread-replies
pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is a third one really necessary? We don't need daily threads. Anyways
What are you anons sporting?

I bought a used one off of eBay and had some guy mod it for me. Apparently it's the model directly after they cut out the backwards compatibility, so the eBay guy gipped me, but my mod guy told me it runs fine with emulation most of the time. Haven't had an issue yet, I finally got a nicer way to play through all of the ps2 SRW games. I finished Z on my modded PS2, but my dualshock gave out and the replacement I got is AWFUL. Don't believe the memes about the Logitech Wireless Action, its a shit controller with a shit dpad. I could hardly even play SMT with it the delay was so fucked, if it even connected at all

WE FLY HIGH

I must have gotten close to 150 games since the PS3Exploit hit. Now I don't want to play any.

Fuck external hard drives, buy an internal one and enjoy FTP transfers.

No one in this shit board overrun by 4channers can understand the beauty of this. The playstation 3 right now is the de facto best console in history.

Not necessarily daily, I just wanted to talk about it because I just got my really old external hard drive working with my PS3, I just had to format it with a simple tool called fat32formatter. Using other partition managers didn't seem to work. Now I'm playing Vanquish. Interesting so far.

Exactly. I have the FAT one which has the better PS2 emulation or something and I gotta say I feel fucking great with a huge library of games, just need bigger hard drives.

fucking nu/v/ i swear

I might get a ps4 if it gets actual cfw.

Only issue is ps1 games run in 480i so it looks awful

I have a cfw wiiu
Every single non 3ds/switch nintndo game is in that one console as long as I have the space for it, which I can by more later on.
Best nintendo console in history. Switchfags are kidding themselves.

Hey, I love my WiiU, but it's pretty nifty to be able to carry the switch around and play Doom or Zelda at will. The Wii U pad can't even hold a signal out of the room for me.

How the hell does doom play on the switch?

Pretty well, actually. Its not the prettiest version, but it's still Doom, and it's still feature complete. The little guy can really do a lot for something not much bigger than a 3DS.

How hard is it to make a fucking OP? At least include the most basic information

redthetrainer.com/ps3/

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PS3
If anyone has a better resource for information on what emulators run on the PS3, please out me as a faggot

Just install retroarch

Does anyone know how I can play large PS2 isos via my FAT32 drive? The PS3 splitter doesn't work for PS2 isos, and my internal HDD is really small since I have a FAT PS3.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a third party PS3 controller? I really hate the build quality of the official dualshock 3, both of mine have broken down on me.

So I'm running REBUG 4.81 DEX

And I want to buy one of those 1.5 tb replacement hard drives.

Can I do a system restore with cfw?

This is what Sonyggers actually believe.

oh boy, here come the shitposters, fresh out of their generals.

This isn't a general. I just wanted to continue discussion. I did not provide standard links and information in the OP. Fuck off m8

report derail attempts

after years of being an xbox fag ive had a ps3 for a week now and i fucking love it. i dont know why i didn't jump boat sooner. also does anybody know if persona 5 is good on ps3 because i dont want to shell out 200 bucks for a ps4 because it has no games at all except for persona.

you're right its worse than a general

All honestly, I mostly use my ps3 as a media player with universal media server. Still surprised how that aspect holds up extremely well. The PS4 media player sucks ass.

Ok

Glad you understood so quickly.

persona 5 on ps3 is the worse version in terms of visuals and framerate but it's the same game otherwise.

how can you have three threads about that which has no games

man Holla Forums has become complete shit lately

>try to FTP a terabyte's worth of ISOs over a wired transfer
Keep those transfers small, fam.

Does anyone else have problems with the Tales of Vesperia from the previous thread? It seems to be stuck on a white screen after loading the game. It doesn't freeze or anything, just doesn't load.

Been planning on getting one just for that. I mean I already use the Wii as an emubox but DS+Wii is a definite plus.

Forgot to mention PSP as well, however compatibility leaves much to be desired.

This, so much this. Im running 1TB internal and 2TB external (though to be fair I also use that for other CFW consoles + media). Sometimes its easier for those 20GB+ games to just go to gamestop, buy one used, burn the game straight to the HDD and return it. Free returns as long as its returned in 7 days.

I mean yeah it will work with emulation but many titles straight up dont work or work like shit. Its almost PCSX2 tier emulation

Cuck probably watched more PS2 games on youtube, than playing firsthand.

It plays really well althought graphics wise its 720p 30fps

Heartwarming Christmas story. I was looking for party games to entertain kids on Christmas, and ended up around the various Guitar Hero, Just Dance, Singstar etc.

It turns out that Guitar Hero 3 is the last one to support joypads; which however is a pain, so you are better off pirating on PC. Just Dance can't be played with a joypad obviously, as it requires a webcam: neither can the PC version as it was never cracked (denuvo). Note there's an alternate control method via Android, but it's restricted to PS4.

Singstar is similar, the Party edition can be played using a free microphone app on Android: and if you swap the game's archives with those of another edition, you can play those contents.

Framerate < Bulge in your wallet

Superslim CFW when?

what why

Yes. Think about the anons who had to wait for their autism checks to come in before they could get a used console/new harddrive.

Anyone had luck getting Lost Planet 2 to install? The only copy I've found keeps trying to install to the hard drive, and failing midway.

anyone tried to play Demon's Souls again since the server going down announcement? I have a digital copy installed to the PS3 but after playing a while, the sound breaks and skips often. sometimes it gets worse, sometimes it resolves itself after a bit. no other game does this, think it's the server shitting out?

I've got a 250gb slim with 4.812 rebug. Looking into updating to 4.82 LITE, but that name makes me wonder if there's potentially lost features in upgrading, or if it's effectively incomplete. Either way, hoping that updating might fix the issue I'm having where half the time try to quit a game causes the system to freeze up and autoreboot. Tried looking online for more information on the issue, but most of what I've found is outdated by a number of years, rather than being pertinent to the Thanksgiving exploit.

I certainly appreciate physical backwards compatibility, especially when it's becoming less and less a priority with current systems, but I do wish the fat models didn't have as many longevity issues as they apparently do compared to the slims (friend's 60gb is starting to have trouble noticing anything that's not bluray being put in the disc slot; thinking it's either the laser or lens). I've got a fat PS2 with HDD loading alongside my slim though, so I should have all three generations covered in playing both physically or digitally.

Has the PS4 seen anything promising on the hacking/CFW end at this point?

You can also use the CFW to essentially get the full game for free, as I've seen uploaded DLC packs for it, whereas with the PS4 I'd assume you'd have to pay for everything at this point in time. Credit where it's due though: Atlus seems to have made about half the DLC, namely the non-cameo costumes/personae, free.

Been playing Vesperia myself; only issues I've had is occasional freezing when quitting the game (and minor overworld slowdown at times; weather effects seem to be the cause). What model of system do you have and what CFW are you running, out of curiosity?

So lemme get this straight: The Nintendo Wii can load games off a NTFS drive with a single custom IO library.
But PS3 CFW devs can't add persistent NTFS mounting outside of multi-man?
Nice!

Use a white man's filesystem for fuck's sake.

I had issues with mine until I updated, now it just werks. You can check whats being added and compare it to your version on the rebug site

Alright, thanks. Few more things: as far as updating the CFW goes, that just goes over the prior firmware as an override, right (no uninstalling the old stuff first)? And for the Rebug toolbox, does the version that 4.82 Rebug comes with count as another "Full" release, or is it an update for use in conjunction with the prior Full (the rebug webpage doesn't exactly specify as to which this is this time)? Wondering if I need to uninstall/delete the prior toolbox or not.

never ever

What guide do you recommend for cfw Wii u?

I now understand why console threads are cancer.

Take that shit outta my face. Only 4cucks like that gimped memegame.

should we consolidate PS3 threads into a larger, broader console modding thread in order to make them cyclical? It seems that a lot of the people in the PS3/Xbox/WiiU/3DS threads all have the same general interest.

webman has NTFS access, but it's not persistent across the OS. Not a big deal for me, because everything else I got does media and emulation better than the PS3.

I'd be good for a /cmt/, but a large thread would be pretty hard to follow. I suppose putting other consoles but the ones you want to see into the filter would work just fine.

I think if emulation generals juggle it fairly well we could handle modding/maintenance/general discussion. It would be active too considering the variety of topics

Pretty much, just make sure you dont have any game mounted and that the internet connection is disabled just in case. Yeah, delete the toolbox before installing the new one. I downloaded the full one, don't know the difference but is more downloaded than the other so thats the one I chose.

Does it support any non shit filesystem like ext4?

wiiu.guide/
Good luck, user.

Where the fuck do I buy a good quality Dualshock 3? My left analogue started bugging out and I can't find them anywhere.

Anyone have the Ultra DLC for SFIV? Still looking for it.

they have new official sony ones for 30 bucks or less on ebay.

Easier than having a half dead ps3 thread, Dreamcast thread, and a Nintendo thread.

So what's the largest internal HDD size recognizable by a fat PS3? I haven't been able to find a solid answer

This one right here. I tried putting a 2 TB hard drive in my PS3 and it refused to do anything with it.

amazon.com/Seagate-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1500LM006/dp/B00KY9M6FY

yeah. There's probably a lot of overlap there. Speaking personally I know I'd be interested in talking about/helping with ps3, xbox, wii, psp, sega saturn, ps2.

I've been looking at this controller for a while, and I want to buy it since I could use it on my CFW'd PS3, my PC, my OrangePi and my brother's PS4 so I can play KOF XIV with him I'll mostly use it for emulation and fightans. Does anybody have it? is it as good as it looks?

wow this thread sure is nogaems

The shoulder buttons feel cheap and don't have a really satisfying feeling when you press them, but they work fine and the rest of the controller's pretty good.

Were talking about the videogame CONSOLES dipshitu-san.
If you can hack these then you can literally have ALL the games you can ever want on the system including the games from their previous generations!
I just need to buy more storage space, thats it. Which ps3 extra storage is the best/cheapest to get and where?

Alright, thanks for the advice. Going to back up my saves first, just as a precaution.

I thought they had stopped making official ones. Or are those unsold stock that people have hoarded?

You would THINK that the Playstation, being FreeBSD-based, could be made to load UFS drivers across the CFW pretty easily.

CFW makers are all Hispanic skiddies though so I doubt they've ever heard of a filesystem other than the 20th century Microsoft ones.

Looking at the instructions again, it reads as:
What exactly is this spkg sig check and QA enabling it's looking for? Considering I've already downgraded from Ferrox to Rebug 4.81.2 before (back when there still wasn't a Rebug directly compatible with systems that had been at 4.82 OFW), do I even need to worry about either of those things at this point? Think I had to use a QA toggle to do so already, but this is the first I've heard about spkg.

Not defending them by any means, but you'd have to… dare I say it?
COMPILE IT FOR ANOTHER ARCHITECTURE

Questions

Should I hack my PS3 now or later? I read there's an easy exploit coming out soon.

Is it normal for a 60GB PS3 to make a lot of fan noise? I feel like it might be over heating.

After it's hacked, is there a way to load DVD isos onto the HD? I have a bunch of DVDs & loading them onto the system would make watching things easier.

So I read there was some issue with using PSN on a jailbroken console, what's the deal? I'm presently on Rebug from a version or two ago. Only just started playing on it again, but it's kept offline for now.

1. How much longer until these PS3s get too old and get some loose screws and what is the full potential of wealth to be had?
2. How cumbersome is it to transfer data from one PS3 to another?

Transferring data from one PS3 to another is as simple as FTP'ing the contents of one PS3 to your PC and from there to the other one. Mind you both have to have CFW installed.

I know you don't know me, but user, you just changed the entire GAME for me. I had no idea you could just stream shit to your PS3 this way.

Merry Christmas user

1. Yes. Hack it now, the exploit in the future might not work with yours.

2. Yes. its old and probably full of dust which is slowing it down, when you open your console clean the fuck out of it, or replace the fan and thermal paste.

3. Yes, depending on what software you use you can rip the disks contents onto your internal HDD and run it using your fav homebrew software.

old fats that can play all 3 Sony consoles are worth gold nowadays user, look after it. And have a good christmas.

Is there any way to tell the difference between these models, or do I have to physically pick one up & check the i.d. on the underside? I ask because I actually still use a CRT for some 4:3 blurays (Twin Peaks mostly).

Well, if you're looking a model to put CFW on, I'm pretty sure both of those are out of the question, at least as of now. But you'd probably need to check the sticker on the back of the machine for the exact model number, and perhaps the production date on the underside (assuming the superslims, which I assume those are numbers are, still put a sticker on the bottom too).

I wonder why they blocked people from playing PS3s in component? Is there any non jewish reason for them to do that?

Just hdcp, but it took effect so long into the systems lifetime its way too easy to avoid those systems.

I got ban'd from PSN for logging on with a hacked console. It's filed as a temporary ban four years ago during the modded GTA O days, so I plan to ask them to lift it as soon as I find a cheap PS4. I don't know if the online community for any game is good anymore, but if the need to get stuff from the PSN is important, or you want to brag about trophies, then try to keep online activity to a minimum.

The awesome thing is, it just werks with a lot of other things too. I've used it to stream to nearly anything with a connection.

Basically it's for PSN and Dark Souls and for what it's worth I hadn't had any issues using it up until a few months ago when I gave it a break.

Its pretty good, I got mine for Virtua Fighter and Marvel 3. Works pretty good.

Gee, I wonder whos posting this fucking trash

They slapped me with a permanent ban for my ps3. My own fault really, I let it sync saves with the server, and they must have found out that way. I didn't own much on that account, other than a few things I could pirate with my new ps3 anyway, so I just took it as a learning experience.

Tried getting it back at some point, but they are real hard asses about it. If yours is temporary, it should be okay, but don't be surprised if they just say no flat out.

Hey, its one of the better shooters these days, compared to Battlefront and the like. I won the system in a contest, so what am I supposed to do, throw it out?

He'll, if you have an original Xbox that can still be a pretty good media box. Before the ps3, it was THE media centre to have. XBMC was the shit, it's called Kodi nowadays.

I'm busting out the Johnny Walker this Christmas user, and it's all your fault.

Its average
Especially on the Switch where the experience is subpar.

Like I said, it happened automatically. Wasn't a conscious decision.

wtf I love Yugioh now.

REX is the CEX (consumer version FW) with DEX (dev version FW) features modded into it.

Lite is just Rebug CEX minus the DEX features.

So I just need to update to 4.82 and sit on it for another year until xploit can write to 3000s?

Thanks a lot, anons.
Gonna play some 3rd Strike and Hard Corps Uprising with this.

Well, actually the Switch version has the advantage of "portability" (playing while taking a crap) so at least it has something. PS4/XBONE versions have nothing positive compared to PC. The game even works fine in Linux via WINE

You forgot to list what it doesn't have from HD res to 60 FPS to decent visuals.

Its like the fucking port of Doom for the GBA.

Anyone already played the PS3 emulator?
Recently I managed to get Naruto Storm 2 working. All the other games sucked and were not working but naruto was playable. Some lags but pretty decent on my machine (3770K + 7990HD).

I know about that, user. I'm not defending it, I'm just saying it's the "least shit" version of a game I don't even want to waste my HDD space on. I saw my brother play it and I really disliked the focus on glory kills and the fact the game obligues you to use them for healing. I'll stick to DOOM mods for now.

But its objectively not
It chugs as hard as Zoe Quinn chugs jizz and looks as bad aa her while doing so.

Very relevant memes you have there, but visuals are hardly the goal for a novelty, portable version of a game.

Neither is the gameplay apparently because the game is shit and the Switch version is the only version that runs at 30FPS and has the FOV of a Tank Driver.

Its not worth the portability no matter how much you fucking shills try to make it seem that way.

It's a portable system dipshit. Downgrades are expected.

The gba port was based on the shitty jaguar version which didn't even use the original Doom engine and had a lot of cut content. It was a very sloppy port done by a nobody. It's not comparable in any way.

Fuckoff Cody
The game is shit, the port is shit and your taste is shit.
NuDoom is awful in any system and portability doesn't mean shit when I can play this garbage on a fucking laptop.

the doom 2 port by Taurus was actually pretty good. Not great, was censored in a few ways like green blood, and the color was pretty rough but they used their own engine which was also used in serious sam and duke nukem 3d on the GBA. The music was pretty faithful too, I don't think that port gets the credit it deserves. It's also still Doom 2 which isn't a particularly great game but I'm not going to spend time splitting hairs.

I personally enjoy observing the differences in ports, and despite what a lot of vocal PC shills on Holla Forums want to believe, there is a lot of merit to some ports.

Get your lily fucking jewish ass back to >>>/cuckchan/ where you belong

I don't give a shit what you think of the game or the port. I said the sacrifices to get it to run on a 16W system are to be expected, and that comparing this port to gba doom is idiotic considering it runs on its native engine and doesn't have any cut content or gameplay.

Sure, for well over $800 if you want decent settings and framerate.

And those sacrificies make the game look like shit.
Its like playing Doom on a calculator.
Its neat, but the gameplay is shit despite being Doom due to poor performace and controls
Except its not since they barely changed anything.
600 and at 60 FPS, and a better res than the Switch.

Downgrades or not the game is shit and plays awfully on the device.

haha no. a $600 laptop isn't running doom at 60fps at anything higher than 800x600 and lowest possible settings. Pretty fucking shit for double the price of a switch and being stationary if you actually want to play seriously.

hi shill, looks like you're in a thread you don't belong in. This is about the PS3 ultimately and you can stop derailing now gamezard.

$600 laptop attempting to run doom. Lowest settings, 720p, looks infinitely worse than the switch version and runs nowhere close to 60fps.

would really rather have a solid 30 over an inconsistent 35-43. anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.

No shit.

Switch version for comparison.

better find some intel igpus with vulkan support in $600 laptops

Amazing, thanks for proving me right with a laptop thats less than qualified to run this and is not worth the 600 follars
Also

Not only are you using a VPN yet again pretending to be someone else so you can circlejerk your own shit opinions, but you're also derailing a thread in the process, good job.

Except it doesn't have a steady 30 at all and has framepacing issues up the ass.

Jesus you're seriously fucking retarded.

take a break, the mods should be giving you one shortly lol

Great non arguments faggot
Heres a video of a 600 dollar laptop running the game better than the Switch which has sub 30 FPS and sub 720 resolutions.
Plus it portable.

Sure you're not, its pure (((coincidence))) that every time your cuckchan shilling faggot ass shows up that theres another fellow anonymous user agreeing to the same opinions as you in every thread you shit up.

remember when you got banned and had to hop VPNs just to get banned again? Then you had to own up to hopping VPNs constantly and still desperately accuse anyone who shits on you of doing the same.
protip: not everyone hops VPNs to post on a board they hate, like you do :^)

Keep moving the goalpost fakcot

Not only does it still look like shit( has no aa, low res textures and post process effects), the laptop it runs on costs $800 don't use link shorteners/SJPf6K and that's the cheapest model. And you can't play it it on the go.

stop responding, just report and filter. thread's been archived for future entertainment
archive.is/GKxIL
this ESL nigger is one of the biggest tumors on this board.

629 dollars
intel.com/buy/us/en/product/laptops/acer-aspire-e5-575g-562t-250ghz-i5-7200u-156-1920-x-1080pixels-black-notebook-590301
Who gives a shit?
Its running better than the Switch version because the settings were set to do so autismo.
Just like the Switch version

You want a properly optimized game that doesn't run or ay like shit buy Mario Odyssey.

Don't forget to share it on Reddit

Marked down from $700. Cheapest model newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100157995 600555764 Shitty battery life, and gets pretty hot when gaming . Might as well buy a desktop pc.
You dipshit. You're the one whining about switch graphics.
No shit retard. It can only run at 60fps thanks to looking like hot garbage. Switch could run it at 60fps too if it looked like absolute shit.

how possible is it to get Drakengard working on ps3?
I don't think it's possible to emulate

This step is becoming phased out with the ease of getting CFW on PS3 these days.

I wanna try it now, let me check a few things first.

go and enforce rule 8, this thread has nothing to do with the topic he's been shitting it up with for the past 5 hours

it actually works amazingly. I recommend turning smoothing on, it's a 60fps FBR game, so it's 480i at all times, the PS3 tries to smooth it but you can see the juddering in menus pretty visibly. It also has some combing artifacts, so for example when caim gets hit he flickers with a sort of series of lines instead of flashing correctly like he would on original hardware.

Otherwise it's 60fps, solidly, turn on smoothing to clean the picture up and it'll look great. Last picture is an example of interlaced combing if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's not even half as severe as the picture but you will notice it as something that doesn't look correct. Other than that, it plays really well.

also the afterimages are a result of taking photos of a moving LCD. It's not like that in-game.

nice
what setup do you have and can I do it on an original phatty

using a CECH-25XX slim PS3, original fats are guaranteed to be successful. Just do the CFW if you haven't yet. se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/

And that's running through Cobra? Actually haven't bothered fiddling with that on mine just yet.

If you're using a fat, I'd wager once you have the CFW on it you could just ftp the game file the system's PS2 ISO folder, mount it via Multi Man, and play with the internal chip as if you have the disc itself in there. Though, that's assuming it's a hardware compatible fat, and not the 80gb fat.

You killed this board Mark

Salty little Nintendrone, hyping NuDoom Bethesdashit.

Better save up to upgrade your pc user, that ps3 emulator doesn't run on a toaster. Meanwhile everyone else can turn an actual hardware ps3 into a sony emulator machine for 50 bucks.

why is this reply activating a URL shortening filter

My best guess would be that folder name being too similar to shorthand for some website, or something. I think I've had it do that for me before in a prior thread. Anyhow, all you had to do was mount it via Multiman with Cobra enabled? Neat.

I tried emulating drakengard but the game would lag really badly whenever there's multiple enemies on screen and you were hitting them. While also the menu jittering up and down.
Maybe i should drop managunz and use whatever the hell cobra is

have they released CFW for later than OFW 3.55 yet? It's a phat model on something like 3.6…

you can install CFW at 4.82 with a browser exploit on many models of PS3 excluding some slims and all super slims at the moment.

in the cobra toolkit I selected the official sony PS2 emulator and it ran excellently.

CFW can now be installed after a webkit exploit on any system running 4.82 OFW that has had 3.56 or older OFW on it in the past. This works for fats, 100X slims, 200X slims, and some 250X slims. Run minvercheck to verify your system is indeed compatible.

Is there any game that will gurrantee to update your console to 4.82? I checked my friend's PS3 and it's on 4.78.

Anyone here replaced the thermal paste on their PS3 Fat? Is it difficult/risky?

I have done so a bunch of years ago, it's fairly easy if you follow a youtube guide. The main thing to look out for is tearing the ribbon cable for the CF/SD/memorystick card slot when removing the cover.

Just download the PS3 4.82 UPDAT.PUP from the internet.

Glad to be of use to you, I use the feature quite often now.
If you use the music player foobar2000 add this plugin as it makes foobar2000 a media server. The music organization in UMS is pretty meh so this helps a lot.
foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp
In the playback audio stream, it can mirror your play on your computer.

For one thing it doesn't support certain continuous audio streams, which the plugin above can do.
Also it's a nightmare if you want to listen to a music album as it takes the music in a folder and lists them alphabetically by the song name tag data. I could forgive it order things by the file names alphabetically but somehow it reads the metadata for a song file and then ignores the track number to just use the song title.

community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Media-Music-player-song-order-Alphabetical-only/td-p/23352438#thread-replies

Any help on this?

dualshock 4 or an arcade stick
make sure to have a sixaxis around for specific games like metal gear solid 4 for singleplayer

When I tried with my DS4, the PS button never worked on it. Did they recently fixed that?

No. I have a current setup where I have an arcade stick for the ps button and use the dualshock 4 for the game. I

Any idea how to switch between audio tracks?

In a video file? Use the transcoding folder that's in in the root of the video file folder to mix and match the sub/audio. Sadly you can't switch on the fly as UMS is just encoding a video stream.

Use these windows to change the defaults.

RIP
I just have an old logitech usb gamepad connected to my ps3 right now.

Got it. Is there a list of recommended settings? I'm doing it all wireless which looks pretty good, but I can't find a way to connect the PS3 to my PC with an Ethernet cord. I'm pretty new to this.

Current OFW version is still 4.82 according to Sony's website; you could just do what I've done and download it on your PC, stick it on a flash drive, and update your PS3 from external media.

If your computer doesn't have a direct ethernet port slot, you'll need to buy a USB-to-ethernet adaptor, and likely find and install the driver for using it as well. Also, while I'm not experience with using a PS3 as a media player, I would assume that if it's anything like using ethernet to ftp game files over, you'll also need to create a wired internet connection on the PS3 to be able to use the ethernet cable with.

As far as third party controllers, you might want to be careful. Was using one at my dad's place a while back and for whatever reason, while it would work just fine with PS3 games and the XMB, if you went to play older games with it, the controller would drop connection and act like the system wasn't on at all (trying to turn the controller back on, it would blink for a few seconds looking for the system to be on, and then go back to sleep after apparently finding nothing.

I remember having quite a bit of trouble with my PS3 media server some time ago. I was streaming to it over wifi and I recall most HD content was stuttering quite a bit. I feel like I must have been doing something wrong, but can you give me an idea?

Maybe not better times, but I admit they were fun.

Will the cfw affect prices of used games, I mean if I should resell what I have or not.

I dont get this meme

Nah, but the smart thing to do is abuse your refund policy of your local game store, bluray dump used games onto your internal hard drive (if you're running out of space, make it an iso or throw it onto another hard drive) then refund it with mostly no questions asked.

Is it possible to download and play psvita games on my ps3?

no

how do you do that in ps3?

If you have cfw on your ps3, you use a loader like multiman and just insert the disc, copy the disc to the hard drive as an iso or as a dump.

Is there an alternative method to back up the hard drive? The backup utility keeps failing at 33%, and it's not feasible to delete one thing at a time and let it run for 40+ minutes to see what's ruining it.

I assume thats done in that Desktop looking menu

For whatever reason you can download Vita games to your PS3 and then transfer them to a Vita. No idea why they have that.

I've made do with that before in the past, when for whatever reason my internet connection directly to the Vita was being fucky, yet the PS3 was having a more stable one. Took more time between downloading to and transferring from the PS3, but was better than multiple attempts with the connection being lost.

Are there many options for the FAT32 storage limit? Like Wii can we use parted files under FAT32 to manage the filesize limit? Also are there any other tools on the PC used for managing content?

Remove the drive and make an image of it

Before hacking my PS3, I decided to play Demons Souls before the servers shut down. I've barely been in Boletaria for 5 minutes and I'm dealing with fucking horrible audio lag. The only results I find for this issue are reddit and gamefags sucking eachother off to the tune of "just play offline LOL".

Is this really such a persistent issue with Demons Souls online? Is there absolutely no fix? If so, I might as well consider the servers fucking dead already.

You can also do it in one of the xmb-like menus by pressing triangle, it will show an option "Copy".

here, been playing without issues. Fixed possibly by connecting my PS3 to the router rather than the extender.

Figured I might mention that since updating the CFW myself, I'm still having occasional freeze-on-quit issues. Could just be particular to the game files I'm using though. Will have to see in the future if other games start presenting the same issues with it.

shop near me is selling jailbreaked ps3s 320g for 230$
worth it?

what games are u liking on it?

pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
Next time someone makes another ps3 thread they should add this pastebin

I can excuse the guy that made the first thread that has since turned into multiple, as it came to light partway through that thread, but still.

Seems a bit much to pay when you can easily CFW your PS3 now (just note the model/production date for a notion of if one's liable to work, and use minvercheck to be 100% accurate), and getting a bigger sized hard drive (if going from a smaller one), is relatively cheap as well (think 320gb drives on Amazon are like $25 last I checked). Hell, I know a local multimedia store around here that's doing some end-of-year console clearance, and they've got at least one 160gb marked at like $70 right now. No clue if it's one of the models within the minimum OFW range or not, but still.

nope. Get a used slim for 100 or less, make sure it's the right model and go to town.

link to tutorials?

read the thread
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/