What is your most regrettable game purchase?

and why is it spore?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable
store.steampowered.com/app/520720/Dear_Esther_Landmark_Edition/
moddb.com/mods/dear-esther
archive.is/WMBZ5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only games I regret buying are from companies that later become acquired by the Chinese. I don't regret buying Spore, I got a lot of hours out of that game and despite it being nowhere near what It was supposed to be it was still worth buying. Hell I might go play it later today, now. I've got an Adventure I need to finish fixing up.

$20 Guardian Membership for AdventureQuest when I was 12.

That's not spore 2.0! No Man's Sky

I only played it for an hour and 45 mins and got a refund

I enjoy it too and it's nowhere near as bad as the hivecucks make it out to be. These "anti spore" threads get posted daily on cuck/v/. Some people are just so autistic and won't let go. Check fireden.

NO FUCK YOU

Reported.

Dark Souls, what an overrated piece of crap.

Dragon's Dogma

Pokemon Snap. I saved what little money I had for a game that looked legitimately fun and had potential lasting appeal. I bought it release week. What I got was an hour and a half long on-rails no fun allowed piece of shit that I completed in a single sitting. It was a major contributing factor that killed the franchise for me very early.

Pokémon X. I actually pre-ordered it for the map. It's probably one of the worst Pokémon games I've ever played, and the map just reminds me of my wasted purchase.
At least it was the only game I ever pre-ordered.

Come to think of it I regret purchasing pokemon sun and super PMD as well
its hard to choose my number one regret though

tbh fam it was this shit. I though it would be a fun little game to waste some time on. But it's just trash.

Star Citizen.jpg

This screenshot is onto something, but it repeatedly misplaces blame. The "stop liking what I don't like" mentality exists everywhere, not just on imageboards. Qualifying it with "narcissistic people" doesn't make it much more accurate, either. Look at the fanboys warring in ancient usenet posts. Look at modern YouTube comments. Look at every single gaming forum that has existed pre and post imageboards.

It also implies that these normal communities don't have social norms that are extensions of individuals. They do, which is one of the reasons we're here in the first place. Users can't directly enforce them on each other via social clout here, and if moderators try to, the userbase will shit all over them if they think it's unjust, rather than just pretending to be fine with it to not be banned.

Outside contamination isn't occurring at the level of the self, but at the level of culture, which is a component of the self, and vice versa. This has happened many times across history. Ask Rome. He also doesn't take into account that there are valid reasons to expel outsiders for being dissimilar, such as when they're threatening things that integral to the group. For instance, this group exists partially because of a shared belief in the value of free speech though anonymous discussion. An attempt to thwart that would be a threat to the group's continued existence, and rightfully attacked. To one degree or another, however minor, we do "get" each other on the basis that we share that value, which is enough to organize ourselves by. Free speech comes with the threat of your values and identity being challenged, and everyone who's been on an imageboard for more than a week knows that.

I'm not defending the "stop liking what I don't like" mentality, but I think he's barking up the wrong tree for its origin. I think it's sooner explained by things like tribalism.

L O L
what a gay

What did you expect it to be?

why is this game bad?

cube world

I bought this day one at full price.

Apperantly Wollay still works on the game, or at least pretends to. Since he actually stoped selling the game, I can't really tell if it's just a scam or if he's just to much of a nigger to actually commit to the project.

This bullshit walking simulator, one of the first. Holla Forums even briefly recommended it, which is when I learned to not trust Holla Forums.

I'm having a hard time deciding between these

I used to invite scatfags to Holla Forums's Discord servers as a joke. Whenever they took the bait they were always the politest, least cancerous people in the server until someone told them it wasn't a scat server, then they'd complain about commies and leave.

I don't believe you for a second. I remember people here always shat on that thing.
I bet you read one or two posts saying something positive about it and mentally filtered out everyone else saying it was shit.

>(((psychoanalysis)))
user, just because the mentally ill Sigmund Freud wanted to fuck his mother and kill his father doesn't mean normal healthy men think that way.

I'm not even mad at the money I spent, Every other Sonic game I get why it is the way it is. I'v played just about every main line game I understand the process Sonic team has gone though.
But Forces I just don't get how it's so mediocre. It's not even like it's the worst Sonic game, Secret Rings was way worse, But Forces they fucking false advertised Chaos being in the game, when he's only in cutscenes. I was really looking forward to see him again and it was a goddamn lie.

I didn't like Lost world. I like Forces game play more then Lost world, but I didn't feel like Lost world lied to me.
I legitimately have more fond feelings toward Sonic 06. At least you know they tried, They failed, but they Tired.
At least I like my OC. But god damn this game has no right to be this mediocre. Forces just feels insulting to me as someone who's supported Sonic for practically my entire life.

I actually enjoy the Shadow game but I complexly understand why it's not seen in a good light.

The Prince of Persia reboot and Diablo 3. Both games I rationalized my purchase by thinking, "They can't possibly fuck it up THAT bad." Oh yeah, and Skyrim.

(checked)
I believe (you), bet your bought Stanley Parable as well.
moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable

Beyond Earth without a doubt.

you*

Any Pokémon game after Gen 2.

Sounds like you're full of shit or anons made you purchase a piece of shit to take the piss out of you
Bless these anons because you sounds like a huge faggot

store.steampowered.com/app/520720/Dear_Esther_Landmark_Edition/

????
moddb.com/mods/dear-esther

The main gimmick around the sequel is the wingsuit/jetsuit, the controls of which are garbage, making the game very frustrating.

Also, the autosave system ate my save around 80% through the campaign.

Check the link, hombre.
The re-release of Dear Esther costs actual money.

No shit Sherlock, which is why I mocked them by bringing up the Stanley-parable which was also a "remade" free mod with a price tag.

Ain't bundling ebin

This piece of shit.

Probably the biggest piece of shit I've ever purchased in my life. I'm still fucking mad about it today.

Its like kentaro miura with berserk.
Its just a hobby.
A hobby that may never be finished at all

It's really not that good tho.

weird feeling

I bought skyrim for the ps3 then sold it and the ps3 then bought an xbox360 and bough skyrim then sold skyrim and got the complete edition of skyrim.
Then i sold that later and bought a ps3 again and got skyrim definitive edition.
I later bought legendary skyrim for the pc and got the free rerelease with the upgrades.
Then i bought skyrim legendary for the ps4 after selling the ps3

…i have purchased Skyrim 7 times

Every night, do you have nightmares on purchasing a mere TV-Licensed game, that SEGA themselves tried to over glorify?

In terms of my most regretted Sonic purchase, it was Lost World tbh. I knew from the start that the game will be heavily different in its gameplay, but when playing it I just couldn't get into it. I love the music, the vibrant graphics, but the gameplay is a bag of mix nuts of things that are good but of things that a bad why does Sonic have a run button like holy shit, and the story is horrendous! But I did manage to refund the game however.

For Forces, I find it one of the worst Sonic games, not because it is bad fundamentally, but because Sonic Team have no excuse as to why the game came out as it did. They have finally mastered the boost formula in Generations, but for Forces they had watered down the gameplay. The music is a bag of mix nuts, mostly bad tracks anyway, and the story is a horrible mess mostly due to the fact that the fans wanted Sonic to have a "dark story" again for some reason. And just for the sake of it, fuck me in the ass, why was Classic Sonic, Chaos, and the majority of characters in this story anyway? Oh right, because SEGA don't know what they are doing lol
Also, your character looks pretty cool.

For my most regretted game purchase, it was Goat Simulator, holy shit.

You wouldn't lie to Todd, would you, user?

Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2's campaign really sucked

No. No i would not. I also wanted to die when i realized this.
4 of them were at full price to.
It just happened over the last several years.

My only consolation is that none of you know who i am and so my shame will only be known to myself and my roommate

You are everything wrong with the gaming industry and should kill yourself immediately before you open up your wallet again and reward shitty products

Do tell why

Everything on the PS2. That system was such a piece of shit.

Thankfully the money I got from selling the system and shovelware itself outweighed the money I spent buying them in the first place.

This was the last time I bought anything multiplayer that was curiously marked down close to release or really making any sort of blind purchase.

pic related

i even bought the deluxe edition

lesbian npc simulator.

>ITT people that admit to BUYING games from companies such as

Same, did this when it first came out.

For all the people doubting you, yes Holla Forums was praising this like crazy. One of the many times I learned that people who jack off to cartoons don't know shit about video games.

Bioshock Infinite

I couldn't even fucking run it (64 bit requirement) and by the time I could the game was dead. I never bought spore, I pirated it. and had a moderate to okay free experience with it.

I PRE ORDERED FALLOUT 4 FOR £49.99
I AUTOMATICALLY BEAT ALL OF YOU

You could buy that game seperate?
I got it for free when i bought that furry fighting game made by that 1 autistic guy.

I just got GOTY for $18, still regret it. 3 crashes in 30 minutes.

That’s a better crash ratio than Nier:Automata, at least.

Spore elicits such a strong reaction because it was the template for a lot of horrible things today, especially dumbing down games for a casual audience. The game was set up to be a dream game and then gutted.

I can't believe I actually bought into this rubbish.

are you fucking stupid?
this was very obviously going to be a massive shit bomb yet you fell for it anyway like the goodest goy

I remember I was hyped for Spore for so damn long before it came out. I know I was retarded now, but I was young then. I used to make tons of creatures in the creator, and talk about other people on a forum (I forget which one) up to the release, we were all so excited. I still remember when it came out, I couldn't afford it but I remember all the posts from people who somehow managed to get an early copy, or camped out for release, and the deafening silence that came afterward. I figured they were all just too busy playing it, so I stopped checking because all it did was make me frustrated I couldn't get the game.

I ended up getting it for Christmas, I was so excited. I went through the microscopic stages and was loving it, couldn't wait for the game to start. Then the creature stage, what I expected to be the bulk of the game. Beat it in half an hour, and that's with taking my time. Then the tribal stage, and it was just shitty AoE. Then the whole civilization section. I made all my vehicles and buildings and got to space. I wasn't even having fun any more, I hadn't been having fun since the creature stage, but I kept going expecting something. I don't know what, but something. The whole game felt like it was building up to the "real" thing, but there was nothing. Just the most shallow, surface level garbage. Even the novelty of seeing other people's creations out and around didn't pan out to much, just the occasional weird looking thing in the sea of weird looking things would be made by a player instead of Maxis.

If I can give the game credit for one thing, it was definitely a big wake up call that made me a hell of a lot more skeptical of hype and games that promise big shit. Never believe a salesman.

Nier never game me much trouble technically even at 4k, though the characters in the original were a lot more relatable. Fo4 is unreliable at 1440.

A rough rite of passage every young man has.

I bought Overwatch at launch. Go ahead, bully me.

Nothing you can say would hurt me more than the regret I feel.

this, but i think i might've been a year or two older older

Overwatch can be a pretty fun game user.

Resubbed to TORtanic to try the new expansions after a long break. I had to see if it was as bad as it seemed. It was far worse than I imagined, I can't believe I dropped $20 on this shit instead of buying more 9mm.
Go ahead, I deserve bully.

Why didn't you get a refund? I demanded a refund 3 weeks after purchasing – the blizzcuck customer support eventually gave in.

What was the game like today vs. when you started playing?

Not star wars..

Star Wars with WoW combat.

Gameplay and gearing has been completely gutted. There's no longer any difference in stats between gear for different classes. Classes were homogenized even further, to the point that everyone in the ranged/melee/force categories use the same attacks with slightly different animations. Combat in PvE is absolutely atrocious now, mobs either die in the first couple of attacks or they're simply HP sponges that can't kill you but kill your will to live as you sit there doing nothing but going through your ability rotation in a half-assed fashion.
They managed to distill and concentrate everything bad about MMO combat while removing any part that was remotely fun. Don't even get me started on the story, it's not even just garbage it's garbage that has nothing to do with star wars. Everything after Makeb was a mistake.

I bought Metroid: Other M for full price on launch day. I got all the way to the part where Adam sacrifices himself in the most blindsidingly retarded way, then turned off the Wii and never played Other M again.

buying one of the expansions for star wars the old republic

I got it on launch day, didn't realize what cancer it would eventually become and how it would kill all my favorite servers and game-modes.

Accurate

I bought three copies of Assassin's Creed Origins on my PC, Xbox One and Ps4 because I couldn't get it to run on either console, finally got it running on PC but now Gamestop won't take back my console versions (atleast at the price I paid), so now I'm trying to craigslist them off for 50$ but I'll probably end up taking them back to Gamestop anyway.

This year sucked, but at least in the end the game itself was pretty fun.

Just as I got into it, they dropped support to work on SMNC and then just milked that for money until dropping it as well.

Elite Dangerous

I try to avoid buying shit games, or games at all really. My only personal regret is buying Fantasy Life to play with my friends, only for us to never actually play it ever. That didn't stop me from trying to 100% it out of sheer anger, and after I uninstalled it I did it again but with DLC because I had piracy and needed something to kill some time. My dad bought Superman 64 and it took Donkey Kong 64 for him to give up on video games, so it's probably genetic retardation.

I actually had fun in that game, dame shame no one cared about it.

Also, DayZ, nearly 5 fucking years and nothing to show for it, nevermind the fact that when I first got it I got stuck under a house for over an hour with no way to kill myself.

I liked Spore

This is just impossible, no one would do this.

Reminder many of Freud's theories have just been proven flat out wrong by scientific advancements, like how dreams were caused by repressed desires. Ignore the opinion of anybody who listens to him.

Oh, so you're one of those shitters?

I need to correct myself because I worded this wrong and it makes it sound like I'm saying something else entirely, I mean to say "like how he believed dreams were caused by repressed desires".

Posting this is the same as shouting "STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE".
Actually come up with an argument or an hero.

Receiver was great, though.
Buyers remorse for me would be

This piece of shit right here.

It definitely wasn't Spore because I had already grown a spine when it was released and wasn't going to shovel out money for DRM. Helps that the game turned out to be garbage anyway, but it's funny to me how a lot of people seem to have forgotten all the controversy over Spore's DRM on release.

Star Ocean V. I don't know why I had any hope really, or how I missed the giant warning signs. I suppose I had become complacent.

More like

HAHAHA! I was about to say, Gone Home, but yeah. Before everyone knew what walking simulators were.

Yeah, that was the one that was having people go wet simply because of some pretty screenshots. Man, but as far as walking simulators go, that's probably one of the best one's.

I'm not joking, dawg, it's comfy as fuck walking around, and then walking some more, while some old guy tells you shit.

Yeah turns out its just your BRAIN sorting the info it gathered during the day and sorting out what it thinks it needs to keep or delete.

>>>/china/

Pretty sure you just got swindled by literal shills, and early on no one on Holla Forums actually knew how bad it was so there was no pushback.

You are trying way too hard to fit in.

gb2 meme school newnigger

Objective shit taste faggot. Opinions are objective when it comes to gaming. Holla Forums is always objectively correct. Kill yourself, have someone maim you, just die. Spore is objectively the worst "game" in past years. It's objectively shit and liking it makes you objectively a faggot. Transassins Creed Unity is better and that's bottom of the barrel SJW ubishit.

Godus. Fuck Peter Molyjew and his hype.

Were there any mods that helped unfuck Spore?

Doctors refrain from operating on fatsos because the amount of blubber risks serious health concerns (read: death) in the patient - I find it seriously hard to believe someone that fat managed to survive surgery cybernetic limb transplants (and presumably much more).

Somehow the cybernetics aren't the least realistic thing about this picture.

Aside from anesthetic complications, how does being fat increase the risks associated with surgery?

archive.is/WMBZ5

Holy shit, son. I didn't realize it was that much worse. Thanks.

Might be she got the implants and then became a fat tub of shit.

Modeler probably had fun doing it. Drawing ugly and old people is fun and relaxing because you don't have to try too hard to capture the ugliness and even when you fuck up the results have high chance of looking amusing. I assume it's the same for 3d modeling.

There never will be any mods to unfuck Spore, something that was fucked from the minute they made it non-realistic because realism makes a game good. ALL THESE YEARS AND I AM STILL PISSED OFF. Spore is a fucking wreck. There is not one redeemable thing about it. It's just more proof that Holla Forums is always correct. Holla Forums is a hivemind but it's always correct and all of Holla Forums's opinions are objective and correct. There is nothing to complain about. Fallout 4 is a masterpiece compared to Spore. Fuck Todd, Fuck EA and all the faggots (including the kids) who like this piece of shit "game" need to fucking die.

I WILL NEVER NOT BE ANGRY AT EA FOR RUINING SPORE. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WILL WRIGHT DUMBED IT DOWN ON HIS OWN DECISION DESPITE SAYING THAT IT WAS HE WHO DID IT. EA CONTROLLING HIM LIKE A ROBOT.

Not the same guy, but I thought the demo i played at blockbuster was the only on rails portion of the game. I expected you to be able to walk around different regions of the pokemon world and take photos of pokemon doing what they do in the wild.

Instead we got a 100% on rails giant minigame.

I bought CoD: Ghosts

Go away Iizuka

just dont buy games…

Yep you just dont pay any money and download more

well well well look who bought this shit because muh Bungie and had "faith" in them i still had fun with friends not gonna lie, just needed a little more unf to it

But the game is still shit…

Who cares if you can get Everygame there ever was

The topic of the thread is "regrettable game purchases." It can't be a regrettable purchase if it's not purchased.

rome 2, god i hate CA my grandfather hated them too, before they put out his eyes with dlc

Your opinion is invalid.

Yea, spore got me too, also that huge turd simcity, never gonna buy a EA game. Ever.

You spent time to play them. You only have so long on this planet and you chose to spend some of it on a game you decided wasn't worth playing.

Spore truly is one of the worst games ever made going off sheer disappointment alone. Nobody *really* likes it and tumblr doesn't count. Even EA joked about how bad it was earlier this year with their halloween tombstones. It never got a single thing right. All games should be identical to their tech demos so nobody gets disappointed.

Disappointment is worse than getting beaten up to a near death point. Disappointment is worse than having EA execute your whole family and forcing you to watch. Video games are the life blood of all.

Nu-Holla Forums does this all the time.

Topic: Elite Dangerous. A literal "non-game" where nothing you do has any impact whatsoever.

Stop it with this shit. There are a lot better ways of saying "I like this game despite it not being the game they told us it was." This sarcastic retardery serves to benefit no one and it serves to potentially confuse people, making the whole issue a lot worse.

Also, Video games ARE the lifeblood of all [who matter].

No, I genuinely think it is that fucking shit as does the rest of Holla Forums. I am still massively asshurt over it to this day as you can tell It's common fucking knowledge that Spore is a terrible game. It is objectively shit. Don't defend EA shit or EA will continue to wipe everything out.

I can't believe how similar the boxart aesthetics are. Blue and orange is one helluva drug

This right here, the final time after several years of getting more cynical about them that I fell for EA's bullshit (or Bioware's for that matter). I don't think I even put 10 hours in before being completely sick of it.

I preordered it

You love it you whore.

Its a tie. Both of them where nothing like their predecessors. In very bad ways.

Keep in mind, this was all WAY before all of the (((creation club))) shit.
I was modding the fuck out of NV at the time, and I was excited for the new mods. I've regretted it ever since.

I like how all this guy's (You)s prove the image's point.

Man, I got this game for free and I still feel like i was ripped off, that was a terrible fucking game, how did anyone ever convince a publisher to make a second one of those

lighting returns is fucking trash, whats fucked up is that FFXIII 2 ended on a fucking cliffhanger buy this game … " this happens 100 years after the last game" fuck you too Square.

the second is a reboot, that's how

Neverwinter nights.
Paid full price for it when it came out, wanted it for coop.
Turned out to be boring and shit, having played baldur's gate.
Kept it in its box ever since.
Was perhaps the last game I paid full price for, and for years before that I hadn't done so either.

Imagine my disgust preordering what I thought was going to be a cool FPS with an interesting story, only to breeze through it in one sitting and then going into the shitty online that had people hacking on day fucking 1. There was a silver lining though, it's what made me never preorder shit again. Lesson learned.

morrowind became boring after a short time. the landscape was putridly ugly, shit coloured dust storms for 90% of the map.
the nord werewolf land was pretty, but it was already too late by then.
big landscape, but empty and squalid feeling, like everything had a coating of farts.

oblivion and then skyrim did take away anything of worth in the game though. They have been making their games progressively many times smaller and more consolified since daggerfall.
skyrim is tiny, pretty and vapid. with barely any skills, and no feeling of natural progression or immersion.
at least in morrowind you could choose your character type and skills, so you felt in control.

next elder scrolls will have two skills "hit" and "magic", which automatically chooses the spell for you, and switches between sword or bow depending on target distance.
They might as well use a snes rpg as the gameplay base.

At least you weren't waiting for it for 30 years.

you need to lurk 5 years before posting