Disappointed in Powergaming

:(

How about you take a good long walk and reformulate this into a decent thread? Alternatively don't come back at all.

No. :(

You ruined it for yourself.

I wanted to see how "expert" players played these games.

They played it like it's World of Warcraft with no regard to comfyness or the soul of the game.
It disappointed me, user.

wew lad

Exactly. You could have revisited this game fresh and had a nice experience, gradually discovering the exploitable mechanics and mastering the game on your own. Instead you let some speedrun-obsessed faggots show you every shortcut right off the bat, ruining the game for yourself.

But user, I admit to myself that playing old games will never transport me back to childhood and be the same as playing it as child me.
I know what nostalgia is.

What does that have to do with anything? The AI in modern games is also stupid and easy to exploit. The fun of any single player game is figuring out the exploits on your own. That's why it is called a game.

No user, he's shitposting. Very blatantly at that.

Speedrunning killed the soul of gaming. This is all that's left now… this

It wouldn't have killed anything for you if you didn't watch a video walkthrough made by a person who was obsessed with finding the optimal sequence of buttons to push.
You could have ruined it for yourself as a kid by reading a GameFAQs walkthrough, the difference is most people don't pretend to be surprised about how disappointed they are when they ruin all the fun in the game for themselves.
Who the fuck cares what they do? Just play the damn video games.

i cant recall an instance where i had more fun with a game after learning it than i did beforehand.

ok, thanks for sharing your feelings with everyone

(checked)
dude, I can appreciate watching other people play video games to a degree but watching someone play a turn-based strategy is supper autistic. At least you got dubs.

there are screenshot LPs too you know?

It's not HoMM, user.

>>>/somethingawful/

RPG Codex does those too you know?

[barely audible]rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee*

Gorgon's Birthright: Alliance

OP, the reason these people are "powergaming" or speedrunning is because they've already spent hundreds if not thousands of hours into the game.

They already know everything about it.

"Comfy gaming" where you discover shit only works during the first couple playthroughs. The players you watch in videos have already gone over that stage.