Games that changed your life forever

Tell me about the games that changed your life and why.
Pic related saved the terminally ill mind of my oppressed young. Candy for the pinata will always be a positive metaphor for the struggles and bumps of a largely uncandied upbringing. After old enough to purchase own candy, I stopped playing pinata and learned to go to 7-11 to buy my candies.

How did your game change your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

sheldonpacotti.com
hooktube.com/watch?v=QtJ5Qv4H7hw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Earthbound, don't know if for the better though. I got too autistically involved into that game (as well as M1 and 3) for years.

This game unsettled me quite a bit when, after being confused when other characters referred to Big Mountain as "the big empty" and not having realized why for many years, I had a spur of the moment urge to stare at a metal box branded with the Big Mountain logo. I contemplated it for a good 10 or 15 minutes when it suddenly dawned on me:

After that, I felt really happy for the rest of the day.

Doom made me and my best friend shoot up a school in Columbine.

God Hand turned me into a man.

3/10 at best

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. It is NOT worse than Party Babiez.

Game that got me into vidya.

GOTY! GOTY! GOTY! IT'S A CLASSIC! IT'S AS GOOD AS DMC!!!

It made not scared from playing vidya ever

It gave me a fresh new perspective on the unknown and what I am inside deep down, even after having read tracts upon tracts of horror, crime and occult works, what sort of hell my mind shapes and how it colors the world around me. It's the only thing that ever got me sweaty and especially objectively ponderous about what this all is and what this man-shaped thing is, and with something so deeply intimate, you either allow it to destroy you or learn how to dance with it.

It made me realize why SJWs are a disease and why I should never even think about supporting their kin.
Bazinga

An obsession without end.

I think that this series made me a furfag.
Fuck you nintendo

VTMB showed me a beautiful theme, aesthetic and goth lifestyle of vampires, then abruptly ended while being the only one of it's kind ever made. It hurt.

No user, you were born a fag.

Either learn English or don’t post here.

Your shit taste was going to ruin your life eventually.

What did he mean by this?

It was just my gateway drug into degeneracy.

Bloodlines shows you the goth world fantasy. The real goth world is full of obese women wearing corsets and tattooed freaks.

Guess I have to give you a half-pass now then.

It's still not the game's fault

Wich 2hu wud u fug???

the wacky anime

Morrowind sparked me into a life-long interest in reading, particularly about mythology. It also shifted by taste from longer novels to short-stories and non-fictional excerpts about fictional things, and gave me a great desire to fuck blue girls.

I don't see how that makes the pain any less terrible.

Uncharted made me really interested in world history, and reminded me of stuff that I grew up with like Indiana Jones and Tintin. The characters were actually amazing, and I kind cried when U4 ended.

Back to 4cuck

Nice Fuhrer dubs, but I believe he's engaging in something called irony.

Uncharted 1 is a guilty pleasure of mine

Would fucking a pinata be considered furry?

Both of you should be gassed

I probably would.

Not sure if it changed my life exactly, but doom 2 was probably the main game that got me into FPS games and is probably a big part why I'm kind of a gorehound/fan of violent media in general

fuck you nigger viva pinata was max comfy

Pinatas are the first lootboxes.

World of Warcraft.
It was the 9/11 of my video game life, where nothing was the same after it.

Even though I stopped playing years ago, it imprinted a lot of things into me. It made me extremely cynical, and I got to see firsthand just how shitty people can be. After about 8 months, gave me a disillusioned way of approaching games in general. Everything boiled down to abilities, cooldowns, macros. Turned me into a fucking autistic faggot who couldn't have fun in anything else after WoW, and that problem persisted for a couple of years after. I had to train myself to enjoy games again.

LMAO

I swear it's not bait. Uncharted is actually a decent series. You niggers just hate cause it's loved by normies.

n-no you.

Pic related shoved a black pill down my throat, launching me into a depression I wouldn't see the end of for a month where I turned my negative energy into positive energy, ultimately becoming stronger because of it.

DDLC made me realize that life is just a piece of incredibly elaborate fiction made for enjoyment of some fucker that's behind his equivalent of a monitor, so I've started to shitpost harder to cope with the fact and to make his life miserable and more fun at the same time.

I mean…none of them? I dunno. Even my favorite game of all time isn't something that affected me on a personal level. No game has, really. I've cried during one or two, but no game actually changed me or anything.

>>/cuckchan/

Metal Gear Solid because I was just the right age to have it influence me far too much and started thinking I was exactly like a burned out war veteran at 14. Also Tomb Raider because it made Lara Croft into my waifu it's true your waifu chooses you

Step it up dude, niglets in Africa start going on campaigns before their balls drop

It was then i knew i had to start improving my muscles to ever be worth anything in life

I'm starting to feel a whole lot better.

You tried kiddo.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and discovering that Tails is a boy.

MGS3 taught me to never trust women and to respect your rivals.

Well? How'd you do it?

provide source on that

epic
I'm assuming he didn't baleet his own posts here, wouldn't make sense

this tbh

the heh pill is a forced /int/ meme

I fucking wish :^)

So pushy…

Why try and keep things intact when you can wholly remove some fag you're sick of?

What are you doing /gsg/?

Those are some big areolas.

that game made me /gsg/

I unironically loved Viva Pinata.

>>>/int/

UUUU

I don't know how to explain it, but I feel this is one of the best if not the best game I've ever played. I replay it every once in a while and it still hits me the same way.

Man, your post really reminded me of something a wise man once said:

If you're still here somehow, how did it blackpill you? Was it a particular route?

It's difficult to put into words, but if I were to give you a simple explanation, Katawa Shoujo taught me that women in real life paled in comparison to even the lowest tiered girls in Katawa Shoujo. I became extremely cynical because I felt that no female had the same level of intimacy, passion, and commitment that a girl like Lilly or Hanako had.
In any case, like I said, I turned that negative energy into positive energy by realizing that there are still good and pure maidens out there, I just needed to look in the right places and not allow myself to be distracted by the endless whores and mongrels which clouded my view.

Skyrim. Because It killed my drive to play video games for good.

i feel truly retarded for admitting this, but I played TIE Fighter when I was ten years old, and initially thought "oh man cool i get to play as the bad guys". throughout the campaign you're never doing "bad" things, and are simply a soldier fighting for your side, and are genuinely cleaning up the galaxy, making it safe from pirates, eliminating power-hungry warlords, and stopping random and senseless attacks on trading convoys, culminating in me realizing that the rebels are actually terrorists killing professional soldiers simply because of the uniforms they wear. it was the game that got the wheels turning in my head that showed me good and evil are a matter of perspective sometimes

I wish I could play that game again, it was one of the few good 360 exclusives. I'm not digging out my shitbox just for one game though.

This thread's already getting shit up so I'm reluctant to stir up more shit by saying mine. Fuck it. Y'all can probably figure out what game I'm talking about just contextually and tell me to fuck off back to tumblr or whatever.

Really hit me when I was at a sort of ultimate low point in my life, all my plans and long-term goals had crashed and burned in the span of a year and I was basically just in a limbo. Money problems, depression, needed back surgery. I was just kind of floating in that numbness. Then I played it because I'd been hearing lots of good things from people who I generally trusted in terms of taste in games, and it struck a chord with me. It made me kind of look at who I was in a new way, since I'd been broken down so far. I realized I'd been a selfish prick my whole life, and that I treated people like garbage. It didn't magically 180 my life and now everything's golden and I'm a saint or some shit like that, but it definitely made me rethink who I was and how I acted.

What's even left to play after such perfection

That's a pretty profound perspective to take from a game like TIE Fighter at such a young age, not sure why you feel retarded. I went through X-Wing/TIE Fighter at about the same age and didn't get from the political background since I was too distracted by all the tech and dogfighting glamor.

Took me until my teenage years reading about military history to start understanding the gray nature of conflict. I hope the balanced perspective of Little user remains in place today.

just fuck my shit up fam

It's actually a good game, and the sequel is decent too.

just end it already

furries are not people

they wish they weren't

This pile of excrement basically turned my from a naive baby who believed there was such a thing as an infallible developer to a woke as fuck consumer-savvy adult.

You should not be so fucking new, congratulations you were moved by the post poorly written VN I've ever had the mistake of downloading.

Awesome game with qte elements that didn't suck. And how many discs did it have again? I remember it being thick.

Fusion was a great game, I bet you didn't explore or backtrack at all

Uncharted loving cinematic experience retards are not allowed an opinion.

I ave o dmit hat hile usion s retty hit hen t omes o eing ble o acktrack nd eplay ld reas ntil he ery nd f he ame, till ad un ime laying t ack hen nd ven o his ay.

I actually think Fusion was good but that Zero Mission which came out a mere 2 years later was so good it made it look like shit.

This is very true

user, you forgot the first letter of every word during your autism

This game showed me exactly what I wanted in a game, and left that void opened.
All the ingredients were there to be used right, and they were used in the worst way possible.

And you should realize the value of shitposts in the modern society.

maybe I should start by reading the post first

care to explain?

I'm just interested. Maby people seem to be very affected by this game. I tried it twice, but I couldn't get myself to play through it, because I get so tired of walking two steps and having to do yet another battle, which is exactly like the previous twenty. Beyond that gripe it seems like a fun little game.

It's OK user, one day you too will mature into a cognizant adult capable of discerning quality products from corporate vomit. Be patient.

The game-play was simple, but effective, a turn basses bullet dodging fest had potential to be something amazing if it wasn't so damn easy all the time, effectively rending the entire thing moot.
He had a successful kickstarter, but wasted a lot of those funds on hiring 2 sprite artists instead of someone to help him out with the gameplay/coding.
He found a way to tie character interaction to values in the save file using fucking game maker. He had a character that could have taken full advantage of this fact too, but he replaces all interaction with said character with le funi pun skeleton simon fucking says man. For that alone, setting up such a key character to the story, and what could have been gameplay, and that character getting the only slightly interesting boss battle in the entire game and then being pissed on in every ending, I can't not say every asset of that game was underutilized and fucking wasted more than spore.
Toby is a damn hack, and he gave me a taste of what could have been an amazing game.

And yet I'm willing toI bet you suck off BOTW

I thought you were baiting.

Nice copypasta you have there.

I played Fallout when I was 14 years old. There was no coming back to console RPGs after that.

Persona 4, because it made be realize that companies will abandon good established gameplay and any other redeeming qualities of a game if it appeases their bottom line. SMT hasn't been good, or even average, since.
That was my first experience with such a concept, from a series that I loved, at least.

Undertale showed me better than any other media or experience in real life that I simply do not belong amongst society as a whole. And good fucking riddance.

Undertale saved my life.

sage for 4cuck cancer metastasizing

I liked persona 4, because it was like I was playing a VN with good gameplay, it would have been better if it had lewds

Proly doom cause it showed me how metal games can be. Also the amalgamation of the decades leading up to it that influenced it really resonated with me.

Sounds like the stuff a a baby boomer would tell you on a park bench while knowing it's retarded but he just wanted to talk to someone.

Don't ever enlist

Did you and have you?

What's that you say? Sign up for a six year enlistment? Well, if you say so.

I have found a great source of fairly traditional women, though I can't say whether they're better than the girls in Katawa Shoujo. That's mainly because I haven't dated any of them - yet!

Alright that's it. I'm going to force myself to play through that thing. I want to know what could possibly be so special about it. It's cutesy, and everyone in that game is "not actually a bad… whatever" and is just either hurt, needy, or insecure and wants complements and/or be petted… and apparently has this written on their forehead, in caps. That's what I've got from it so far at least.

The moral of the game is basically something that would come from Trudeau's mouth, and if you disagree, the characters declare you a meanie poopyhead.

Checking those dubs. Stop listening to retards. Undertale is a blighted game, made by a fag, for fags. If you could remove from it all the cancer, it might rise to the level of mediocre.

Also this thread is shit. Feelsfaggotry and blogging is the order of the day, but why? Can't you blog on tumblr and reddit?

Well I do. What you gonna do faggot?

Too much meme to be cool anymore, I know, but it taught me not to fear hard mode, what a solid fighting gameplay is like and good level design.

Almost 2018 and still waiting for a game to add this simple strategy novelty.

I taught myself how to read to understand this game. Also it really sparked my curiosity and love for adventure and fiction when I was very little.

my ass still bleeds to this day

S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
Risk of Rain
Pathologic/The Void (Same creators)
Off
Command and Conquer series
Ratchet & Clank/Crash Bandicoot/Sly Cooper (first games I played that got me into vidya)
Battlefield 2 (first multiplayer)

Changed my life in that I felt sad that I could never save those girls and put them into something that was actually good and without wasted potential

Mah nigga

Funfrock did nothing wrong.

I got my hands on Deus Ex in 2001 and it changed my entire outlook on the world.

Perhaps it's a mistake not to play this game after all.

The game's lack of a unified agenda, let alone one to push is refreshing.
It just throws a whole bunch of ideas at the player and lets you sort through what you think of them.

I got into Metal Gear around the same time I found Holla Forums, I don't think I need to explain this.

Demon's Souls thought me that the lore does not have to be in you're face to be big in scope. Environment and atmosphere tells just as much if not more.

The Elder Scrolls morrowind thought me that sandbox rpgs could be immersive and good.Ever since then I've been lied to whenever Todd Howard comes up on stage and rubbing his hands and is about to tell us about his new game.

2hu drove the whole you have to fix this fucked shit because nobody else will point into me and people who don't belong in the outside world should just live in the woods forgotten about by society outside of rumors.

Warframe made me realize that free2play games can be actual video games. And the free2play model can work. If developers cared.

Warframe confirmed the idea that it's absolutely fine to separate gullible goyim from their money with no feeling of compassion.

Warframe most likely isn't perfect and admittedly is monetized with "lure enough people into paying instead of playing" but waht really makes me think are 60 dollar "TRIPLE A" games that have WORSE monetization built into them

EvE online taught my sheltered 13 year old mind to trust no one, that enemies can turn into great friends, that relationships seldom last forever, and other stuff I probably would never have learned on my own without much more Grief. It also got me interested into the world of spreadsheets day trading and later ethereum

FUCK OFF

For 40billion iskies and a quickie I will

The blackbird still looks cool even though it’s useless

Who paints hazard stripes on the grip of a rifle?

You're a fake man. Go back home and play video games all day until you die bitch.

TF2 taught me that little kiddies and retards are easy to steal from

You needed a video game to teach you that?
You may not be retarded, but you miss enough social cues that I suspect a touch of the tism about you.

No user, you have autism. It's ok they make pills for it. Cartridges, even

You should check the writers feed, theres plenty of great stuff.
sheldonpacotti.com

You don't really think that user.

I haven't even played it, sorry.

The game which influenced me the most is… I actually don't know, since I don't really pay attention to games, I play, I enjoy the story, and I throw them away until I come back to these where it repeats itself.
Anyway, in regards to the question, very hard to answer, especially since I don't have my collection here right now.
Might say Conspiracy Simulator, ala Deus Ex, but it didn't really influence me, only in hindsight I saw how intriging it was.
Honestly, I simply don't know. I believe games didn't influence me at all.
Although, games do influence my life, ever since I picked them up(that was when I was actually really fucking depressed while having seemingly my whole world against me) they eat up a lot of my freetime. I might play too much and too many games.

Although many games make me feel like a villain, not that I enjoy that feel, but I am generally lonely and have next to no friends.

Actually I wonder, is there a good game which tries to depict every side as simply neutral, but does make one side the evil one because the other side tells you they are evil?

Actually thinking about it again, I met lots of people I still play with in Planetside 2, so I guess it kind of changed my life… it didn't really..

This post is satire right?

What if it wasn't?

I concur.

hooktube.com/watch?v=QtJ5Qv4H7hw

What did he mean by this?

that's good, but messed up on the same time.

get out

Merry christmas to you too

So because it is Christmas, I should think that someone blogposting like its fucking reddit should be tolerated? Kill yourself faggot.

Want me to do another one?