Max Payne

I decided to play Max(imum) Payne. Aside from utilizing dual berrettas, spamming f5 and running/rolling/diving around like crazy, what kind of advice you can give?
The only good idea i thought of is not use bullettimedodge combo key and instead bind separate instances.
Maybe i should also try Max Payne 2, but i don't feel it. Especially with no Payne's smirk.
Max Payne 3 is only good in dramatic-sh ragdolls and physics-affected diving.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne#Installer_fails_on_Windows_7_64-bit_and_later_.28Retail.29
moddb.com/mods/mona-the-assassin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stay away from the pretentious shit that is Max Payne 3.

Isn't there also a Half-Life mod for Max Payne, too?
Though it's more reskin than a mod.

There was nothing pretentious about it.

Don't do that, that's some advice. It's not like the game throws a ton of bullshit at you. Don't let those painkillers get lonely. There's the Kung-Fu mod, that can really spice up a dish.

It gets pretty up its own ass and not in the aware way like the original.

Try the sawn off.

Whenever you shootdodge your weapon automatically reloads. With the sawnoff shotgun that means you can fire 2 shots, dodge, and fire 2 more shots during your dodge.

isnt that the other way around? max payne mod for half life? with slow mo and stuff

I found painkillers being sparse, unless it's because i'm not looking around good enough. Going to try Kung-Fu mod, though. Does it will become Stranglehold?

(checked with some heavy research)
Didn't know that, thanks for that.

There are both Max Payne mod for Half-Life (named "Half-Payne", going to try it out later), and reskin for Max Payne, which turns Payne into Gordon Freeman.

I'd say it was more clunky than anything else. Great OST, but for whatever reason it just didn't play right.

Yeah, I'd say it gets a bit more hard-boiled, but it was also started when The Matrix was hot, so it has that going on. Not sure how you came up short, unless you were just pushing ahead and missing the numerous bathrooms and all that. It kind of rewards you for exploring in that way.

Max Payne 3 is what would happen if Max would end up in the GTA universe.

So, we all can agree we didn't like the way the show started?

That's because it was made in the GTA engine, by the GTA developers using the GTA mindset when designing the fights. It's Max Payne: GTA.
Some of the fights were pretty fun but those fucking cutscenes, jesus.

I fucking loved the airport stage.

And that's why it's shit. It's the GTA devs trying and failing to make a Max Payne gayme.

Max Bane?

They are not dearest of all my friends.

They were all dead. The final part of the plan was a rhetorical question to everything that had led to this point of no return.

I got a physical copy of the game and it won't install on Windows 7, what do.

Gunplay and multiplayer were good you have to admit that but I doubt R* will ever be as good as they were before GTA V.

Because every 5 minutes there was a cutscene playing. The flow of the game was broken up by unskippable bullshit, and the levels were short. In my eyes MP3 was a tech demo more than anything else

use the kung fu mod, and sidestep+jump button makes payne roll which essentially makes you invulnerable for the duration of the roll. To make any sense of it you have to go back three years.
Back to the night the payne in the butt started.

minus all the charm, the writing talent and level design.

I have physical copy as well, but my laziness to search for that fucking disk led me to torrent game instead.
Windows 7, flying well.

Max Payne 3 was more like a Kayne & Lynch spinoff with the gritty story and the pathetic, washed up protagonist.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne#Installer_fails_on_Windows_7_64-bit_and_later_.28Retail.29
That page also has other fixes for Maxi Panini.

You are on anonymous imageboard, Max.

there's some solid levels in 3 that i'm willing to give credit to, gun effects were nice and it was cool to see enemies turn into a blood fountain when you hit them with automatic weapons. I'd replay it if it wasn't such a giant install and had so many parts that bog you down

I never had any trouble with Max Payne at all, the game was easy as shit rolls for me and I wasn't playing on easy, you're probably just bad at video games.

Thanks cunt.

i fucking love max payne

MP2 is best MP.

Something ugly had been tattooed on the wall.

fuckin' cool. Do you pick the the quality or does it always default to the best/worst one?

You only need like two quicksaves per level, the second one after a slow section full of obstacles or complete bullshit.

At least dying looks beautiful.

Max Payne is the best Christmas game.

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

It's a pain to re-install though

The early enemies were the best part about the game for me thanks to their ridiculous death screams and random dialogue on spotting you.

I was playing smoothly and having fun, but then, for some reason, a freezing/stutter starts shooting at me like how Payne like to surprise anyone with their last words being "what the hell".

Something I always wondered, are the pictures from the game real or "art"?

Both, the credits label some people/actors to pose for the art I think.

Lead pipe run fgt.

Some strips are from game with filter, as Payne's face is smug (clear example will be checking letters).
But mostly it is art the way as user described (checked. Looks like this thread attracts double dubs like wasps are attracted to something sweet).

I don't get it.

For example the pic from this post

Is that a real photo of a human or art?

(c-c-c-checked)
real human

this is real human with a bit of art to have the green valkyr shit in.

They could also possibly had a greenscreen and drawn all of the background art on top of the human actors like the snowy backgrounds.

Alright. Thanks.

Are the only Max Payne mods on moddb?

I was already so far past the point of no return I couldn't even remember what it looked like when I had passed the point of no return I passed the point of no return I passed the turn I point of no r-

It's seems Payne is good in drums and piano. If he was leader of the band, what name it will be?

We did get the best seats in the house, front row, centre.

Large Hurt

Apex Agony

The Rhetoricals

Hugh Eug (Short for Eugene) Gunz

This was probably one of the worst parts of MP3, miss one shitty physics object and Max falls straight to the floor and the game cuts off the bullet time so the enemies you lined up are now lighting you up while you lay there like a tard.
Oddly, the last stand mechanic where Max takes a painkiller as he dives was where I was most useful in the game, if you don't press a movement key Max stays prone and you can stay in cover and slay left and right as enemies walk into your field of view.

Not to mention the fucking 30gb of install space it needs, 25gb of which are probably fucking .bik video for the cutscenes.

ftfy

This, the mercenaries at the end weren't as fun as the endless stream of wops in the tenement building.

The team used themselves (as well as friends/family) as the actors in the comics, then ran them through photoshop.

Max Hertz

Can I install the Kung Fu mod and still play on the save I was on.

i require more max payne images

Max Payne , obviously.

Okay what the fuck.
Max Payne 2 plays easier and have cliche noice graphics but goddamn story don't get me much as first Payninis.
Should i ever bother with second volume of Payne in the Butt story?

Imagine game taking unreal route after that, where Payne becoming Painkiller demon slayer. But that would ruin atmosphere for the game.

It's not as good as the first but still a good game.

Truly.

Two mad dog killers, ready to murder each other. They step into the next room, and I'm thinking they're gonna go at it. Now they're gonna do it
But no! They sit down in front of the TV and solve their differences with a Kung Fu Fighting game.

Pipe/Baseball bat only run was great back in the day. You get this small bullet time just by dodging to the side with a roll, you can keep rolling up to enemies and bluedgeon them to death.

I actually jacked off to that scene. The things we did before the internet.

Almost ruined my enjoyment of the game when I found out you were invincible while rolling. It's way too exploitable, but thankfully you can only spam it with a melee weapon equipped.
The roll works in any direction, including forwards. You just roll up to enemies then smack them with a bat.

IIRC has retarded adaptive difficulty so using the quickload function will spike difficulty.

It's a longshot but does anyone have that user describing what his ideal Max Payne 3 would be, where it takes place directly after 2, he's on the run again, and it ends where dying in-game from enemy onslaught is the final level.

My lord?

THE GAY COMMUNITY

Mirrors are more fun than television

My lady?

Such great moments. I can't believe I actually watched all of them and had fun doing it too.

I like the Star Trek parody too.

I can see why they stuck it in the slightly hidden room too, obviously it brakes the fourth wall a bit.

Are there any decent mods for MP2? I've tried most of them on moddb and they're all crappy in some way or another. Brutalcore is too tryhard with removing the slomo entirely and Payne Evolution takes lots of bad things from MP3 and is buggy as fuck on top of that.

There's a pretty good small one that lets you play as Mona for a bit. Too short though and I can't remember the name.

Is it "Mona: The Assassin"?
moddb.com/mods/mona-the-assassin

Yes.

How would you make a Max Payne remake?
>make a multiplayer with modding tools and letting you play in every level in the game with sections cut-out for obvious size reasons

I'd actually be ok with a Max Payne 1 remake in the Max Payne 3 engine obviously without the incessant cutscenes, though I suppose it'd be a bit easy if you could carry all the weapons at once like in the first game. It'd be hard but not impossible to fit the original style of faces up with the new engine, hell it already has a 'retro' Max skin in it from what I remember.

tl;dr Max Payne Remake should be not made by Rockstar and retain the feel of original one
Also, what is smug power level of Max Payne's face?

That "retro" skin face though looks broken as fuck when in cutscene.

It… Does not compute for me. I would like to see MaxFX 3.0 though.

Shooting while prone is most required in 1st Max Payne, but not sure about wall fumble.

I wonder where you can put AK into singleplayer, though. Perhaps in secret areas or by defeating some bosses.

I kinda want both M1911 and revolver. Revolver would be slower to reload.

Kung Fu activates in 3rd chapter of Max Payne, right after 2nd Valkyr Nightmare. I don't understood "no stick" though.

>make a multiplayer with modding tools and letting you play in every level in the game with sections cut-out for obvious size reasons
I want modding tools to the max (no pun intended). To the point you can make game into action survival against demon hordes of enemies, both melee and shooting ones.
I kinda want to see what kind of gamemodes could be in multiplayer. Maybe some kind of "Deal Breaker" gamemode, where one team acquires documents and another have cash to buy out said documents. It's depends on players, whenever they want go peaceful way to exchange shit or go gun blazing. Oh wait, there is already game based on that.

Everybody will go as Max Payne and ask each other rhetorical questions.

But least let's not forget most important thing:
>isn't made by Rockstar

Sadly, even if Remedy want to make remake, all right are acquired by Rockshit. They even not allowed to make patches for first 2 Max Payne-s! Save for MaxFX becoming open source. But i don't want another The Graf Community (5fps edition) bullshit.

Jesus Christ my post looks like shit.

Boris Dime held one in the graphic novel cutscene.
Kung fu mod gives Max an uncharacteristic big stick that he uses in fighting.
Have Gang Wars from Max Payne 3 come back as a mob war between the Puchinellos and Russians, somehow incorporate Aesir into it as well.
Kane & Lynch?

I forgot all about that. I never used it.
My only gripe with the Kung Fu mod is you have to "level up" to use all the kicks and punches, and then it resets when you lose all your weapons. Is there a way to skip that and just have the whole thing at once, forever?

I wish IO would make another Kayne & Lynch game.

I used to play max payne every winter. great game and I liked how the enemies reaction times ramped up with each new type. Difficulty increases became subtle and it's handled really well. Remedy's best game.

It felt weird to follow it up with payne 2 like I usually did because I liked having the window opened a crack during the winter to match up with the setting. Haven't played it in a while but I don't think I'm going to any time soon.

I have a plot related question about the mob.
Did they actually make that up themselves or did they get some wino downstairs to come up with it?

They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy. The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above. A bit closer to Heaven.
It was a best game to finish in 2017.

I'd like to see the series get a reboot. Even though they played poorly the games had some decent creativity behind them. K&L2's setting and aesthetic was particularly inspired.

It isn't though, it's a video of him fucking one of the hookers in Lupino's Hotel (specifically the one you find with Rico Muerte and actually have to kill).

There's likely a console command to do it though I've got no idea myself.

Don't answer that

Rhetorical

Godspeed you bastard.

what mod is that?

Put it in whatever engine Monolith used for F.E.A.R.

doesn't matter, name a game with better effects, lighting, and physics which are the only things that should matter in this crazy john woo shit.

LithTech, it's their own engine. You used to be able to license it but I think they stopped that after it was only used for shovelware.