Fighting Game Thread: Arcade Culture Edition

Iron Tager, Makoto Nanaya, Nu-13 and Es confirmed for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=3YvnAaWfDyY
New gameplay from the stream: youtube.com/watch?v=4IwWsmKqW2k

No game news, but the Mikado arcade started its annual Tenkaichi Budokai round robin league. Eight of the best players in the world compete in F10 sets live from Japan; commentary will specifically cater to people who don't know much about GG. More details: twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqblp7
First set archived here, Tomo (Leo) vs Fumo (Elphelt): youtube.com/watch?v=DVjaw8Y1ens
Schedule: evernote.com/shard/s401/sh/35cf9634-c8a8-4ad0-8ce2-e3c9a8cfc6b4/be4f43f27298e9bd5bbfad84dce15878

Last DLC, Tecmo 50th Anniversary Set: youtube.com/watch?v=GQyPJ4zJ7Kw
Team Ninja's announcement was the end of support for the game, and a statment they may go silent for a while. No word on what they may be working on.

Goku Black, Hit and Beerus confirmed for the game.
Release date is January 26th, 2018. Season pass with 8 DLC characters confirmed.

Game is announced for 2018: youtube.com/watch?v=-IMpZe1-7AU PSX Gameplay trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=iA6US0jfqNA
Mitsurugi and Sophitia are confirmed. Game will revisit the events from the first SoulCalibur. Soul Charge, "reverse rage," juicy counter hits are back and new mechanic introduced: Reversal Edge.
PSX interview with producer Motohiro Okubo: youtube.com/watch?v=iUUS-Smwc40

Free weekend from December 14 to December 18 for the PS4
Atom, Enchantress and the TMNT revealed as characters for the third Fighter Pack
Atom trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=8juWEPQRmPo

Online Beta available from December 11 to December 25.
Blair Dame teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=auBseAiBoDo
Official Facebook page for feedback and news: facebook.com/ARIKAOfficial/
So far their plan is to launch with 10 characters and fill in the rest of the EX roster through "post-launch DLC."
Initially only the PS4 version is planned, with a potential PC release if sales are high enough.

Game is out: store.steampowered.com/app/661990/Arcana_Heart_3_LOVEMAX_SIXSTARS/
Shark Girl with her arcana, Parace L'sia and Dark Heart will be added in the new version as paid DLC (free for backers) later.

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Release date in the west: February, 9th, 2018 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

New DLC character Najd confirmed for the game along with a new stage based on Masmak fort. Both comes from a fan contest held in Saudi Arabia.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Cinematic Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=3l4mux-seHI
Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G and Sagat are the characters for the third season. Sakura trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=WABWyJ45XCo
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes.

The game will be released on February 15 in Japan. Demo launches on December 14 in Japan. Limited edition will feature artbook with a new story by Kamachi and soundtrack.
Acqua of the Back, Kaori Kanzaki, Motoharu Tsuchimikado and Lessar confirmed as playable pilots. Trailer 2: youtu.be/EGdrAipUbMY

Noctis revealed as the third guest character coming as DLC: youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Geese Howard is released: youtube.com/watch?v=_KBTa53UiTQ

New character Dr. Coyle is out: youtube.com/watch?v=xmzAmbAJO-o

The first patch for Pokken DX is out. 3v3 support for friendly matches, CPU input playback for training mode, and new high rank rewards in group matches added along with misc fixes and changes. Patch notes: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-update-out-now-version-1-1-0/

Venom, Black Widow and Winter Soldier released as the second batch of DLC characters.

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=es60KLszDFE

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/
youtube.com/watch?v=vtdXuNm8qJI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ltPVoyNTM
youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
play.fightcade.com/
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.fo/YQT3T
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/mobilebasic
gameblog.fr/dossier_1084_dragon-ball-fighterz-roster-mode-histoire-version-switch-la-
jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/
archive.is/1TJ3M
archive.is/cTQnr
twitter.com/Speedkicks
hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/title_list_neogeo.htm
dreamcancel.com/2017/12/snk-announces-king-fighters-xiv-version-3-0-new-upcoming-dlc-character-playable-evo-japan-2018/
archive.is/SMYRe
blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Arcana_Heart_3/Tutorial
taptap.com/app/63577
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/9461957780992778241
archive.is/eH5ai
youtube.com/watch?v=hBXNYTe-WDY
bandainamcoent.co.jp/corporate/press/contact/
bandainamcoent.co.jp/cs_support/index.php
bandainamcoent.co.jp/job/grad/
facebook.com/bandainamcoentertainment
youdubber.com/index.php?video=jUuLXkgRZB0&video_start=0&audio=0R9k0yl8Atk&audio_start=0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gca2gAUyybA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Umineko: Golden Fantasia is released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/
Omen of Sorrow PSX trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=vtdXuNm8qJI
Fight of Gods Santa reveal trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ltPVoyNTM
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers was released. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build available for public and Early Access stated for Early 2018.
Punch Planet Steam Early Access page: store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
Cerebrawl v0.6.9 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Hippo in the 1.5 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Fantasy Strike new character Lum: youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA and will release Feb 2018, with some gameplay changes in the beta in the meantime. Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM

Fightcade2 is now on closed beta. Users from until 2014 have access to the new version. Download: play.fightcade.com/
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

>Previous thread: archive.fo/YQT3T

And post mains!

Here is some more detailed information for the Mikado Tenkaichi Budokai round robin league, although some of the dates have changed since these images were made. The next broadcast is this Saturday and the fights are EVO champ Omito (Johnny) vs Zadi (Raven) and GodsGarden 12 champion Nage (Faust) vs Fumo (Elphelt).

I will never stop shilling this league.

This needs to be updated, but when's Hibiki?

Jan 6 - Haaken vs. Omito
Jan 7 - Haaken vs. Ogawa
Jan 13 - Haaken vs. Zadi

My dick can only get so erect.

It's a real shame they broadcast at 4:00 a.m. EST.

Who are you looking to play in Dragon Ball FighterZ?
Why haven't Android 21 and Buu 21 been revealed to be playable yet?

Anyone else going to EVO Japan?

When does the beta for Fighting EX Layer end?

Christmas day, the training mode will still be playable afterwards so if you haven't downloaded it yet and want to mess around; I would get on that.

Omito vs Zadi FT10

i wish someone would do a mugen edit of these episodes, it would be fun to watch it again in that version

That set was nuts. NAGE vs Fumo next

Starting now

God Yamcha and two more followers. Might choose for the assist since there's so many that I want to play: docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/mobilebasic

Oh, good times…
But as for that episode, goddamn Athena did a SDM SCB enough to nuke the Korea Team in a room where psychic powers were being conveniently but from the Fatal Fury fight, Mature can control the where people are going suppressed. They're not holding back her goddess background.

Beerus and Hit look like they're the most interesting and complex characters by far from what I've seen up until now, so I'd like to have those two in my team. Third character would be either Cell or A16.

>>>/fighters/8843

New character reveal when

A few of those complaints are due to him being paired up with Chiaotzu. Due to characters only having 2(?) Supers, it had to be the Tri Beam Blast and the Chiaotzu suicide attack.

Didn't he have that uniform before Super though? I remember hearing that somewhere it's a pretty far out throwback, just that it also happens to be what he's wearing for Super.

If that's the case it makes sense… But I would have rather had his Four Witches move over seeing Chiaotzu kill himself. It's the only other move that wasn't taken by the other characters, and could've been used to change how he attacks in the game.

Sort of… It's kind of like a color swapped version of his original outfit. It's not really the suit itself that bothers me, but the choice of giving it to him over the more obvious green gi in Z, or his even his buu outfit.

He's the only "Z fighter" being represented at that point in the show. And they've gone out of their way to make him look really bad in Super while playing favorites with the others. So it just doesn't make any sense to me why they'd pick that one as his default.

Pickle-o, Freezer, and probably Beerus.

Arika must be drunk.

Funny since he's the producer favorite character: gameblog.fr/dossier_1084_dragon-ball-fighterz-roster-mode-histoire-version-switch-la-
And it looks like he's not even that hated. Well, at least more than Gohan who looks fine in the recent breakdowns. And even Japan miss the loveable former Desert Bandit

But let's hope in the inevitable revision in 2019 it's an ArcSys game and Bamco will demand more if this game sells well the characters can get more moves and different assists.

What have they done to the magumbos character?!

Hello again fightan' friends,

I'm sitting in a shitty little apartment hundreds of miles away from my hometown getting ready to spend time with my family for Christmas, so I figured i'd take advantage of the shitty wifi here to give away some more Blazblue.

It's not Central Fiction this time, sorry. That game is a little expensive to buy too many times.

So here's a copy of Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend! This is my favourite one anyway. The key is: C7H3P-JJ22B-?QDBK

As with before, i've swapped a character to stop bots. The answer to ? is 4+4. I'd also ask that if the user who grabbed the CF I gave away last time is here maybe leave this one for someone else please. Otherwise, Merry Christmas to whomever gets it.

Ayyyyyyyyyy thanks user. Merry Christmas.

I'm not that greedy. Merry christmas.

You're welcome and same to you.

Never doubted you for a second CF user! Enjoy yours too.

Nappa, Piccolo, Android 16.

Gotta go with the big bois.

My mains

I'm definitely playing 16 and 18, not sure who my third will be. I like Cell but if 21 ends up playable I'll use her.

cool armor but not enough skin

they better not go full esports on us

I'm personally picking Tenshinhan because I know everyone looks down on him, spreading lies that Krillian is stronger than him. Krillian never won a tenkaichi tournament, Krillian never bodied Cell, Krillian never destroyed a blast from Majin fucking Buu. I know everyone will run off to play as the Super Sayin's while I build meter to save for Tien at the end and let them watch in horror as I'll Kikōhō them into the fucking pavement.

jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/

That's not Blair Dame…

Mishima karate is best karate

New ad for DBFZ from DBS's newest episode. This feels way too much like a GGXrd intro tbh.

I'm surprised Harada didn't slap Mihara over thinking that would fly after what happened to SFxT

boruto when

The madmen made her less UGH!

Every single Blairfag would buy it don't deny it. I rather they go jew with cosmetics instead of going with Mihara's stupid idea

I surprised how little "no Marie no buy" shitposting has happened so far since persona characters are in this game.

because personafags don't play fighting games

Maybe they forgot all about her.

I can't decide at all. Vegeta, Cell, Piccolo, Fat Buu, Yamcha, Ginyu, Adult Gohan, Hit, and Beerus are all my top picks, probably.
Vegeta and Cell share voice actors with these two respectively so I kind of want to put them on my team, but then what the hell do I do for the third?

For shame.

Yamcha for sure, either Gotenks or Tien, and Goku Black for meme value.

Merry Christmas fightan' friends. Make sure to get a bit of fightan' in between all that family stuff. Hope you get some nice presents.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting a new PS4 controller from someone. Which is great because fightan' chews them up.

Merry Christmas.
I didn't ask for anything but the fat fuck got me a case of the flu anyway.

Ginyu, Fat Buu, Vegeta, and the Doc.

that link is wrong, again

Say that like it's a bad thing

Because she got replaced by best boy

I suppose even Mariefag has his limits.

Team human for Dragon Ball representation and to piss off powerlevel faggots

Team Human seems pretty rad, can't wait for all the "How could my Blue goku, blue vegeta and Beerus team lose" messages you receive

Yamcha was my favorite character in DB and I always thought he had too much wasted potential, so its great to see just how great he is in FighterZ

Subhuman retards couldn't even contemplate the word culture, normalfags and Reddit can attest to that.

FUCKING
We fixed this months ago. God dammit.

You have absolutely no idea the kind of assmad you'll generate in these people.

Mr Satan, Pilaf Machine and Roshi can't be confirmed soon enough.

Xenoverse and BT fags need to be gassed.

I'll try later to play some KOF and Blazblue after our family celebration.
Don't really care about presents, this is the only time of the year to see some people that I care and the food is always great.

Merry Christmas from your KOF fan resident

Adachi's in? Fucking awesome.

These niggers showed no respect for the cannon when Golden Freiza turned up. More powerful than Majin Buu? More powerful than SSJ2 power booste Perfect Cell? More powerful than SSJ3 form? Complete horseshit that screamed cash grab the secound I saw it.

Merry Christmas you crazy KOF motherfucker. How you people can play and understand those games i'll never know. They are beyond my capacity.

Blue Mary a best girl though.

These are the kinds of faggots that still believe the meme power level charts.

It wasn't until Kai came out and everyone started bitching that they "changed stuff" that I realized the state of the DB community.

This loser puts the JoJo's autists to shame.

He better be in it as my mains aren't likely to make the cut. Then again, I found ky to not be as fun in xrd as he was in +r, so maybe it's good it stays that way. I just hope that second team from rwby doesn't make it in.

Indeed.

Where can I preorder Dragonball Fighterz with a good deal on PC?

Power level autism will never not be funny to me. Goku's just gonna win anyway, so why bother getting so mad over power levels over fictional characters? Hell, Yamcha could probably take on all the power level autists at once.

If only ;_;
Nah, it’s just that Marie was a good meme for P4 Arena. But what with all the Rooster Teeth sluts and assorted bitches and whores that the game is bringing in the joke evolved to be about Adachi. I really want to shove RWBY players into the TV world

It's a joke post you gullible fucks
His username is DBFZShill for christ's sake

saved

Why talk about actual fighting games when you can be part of the super cool club that makes fun of reddit novelty accounts?

Fat Buu can be swapped with Kid Buu every now and then.

Waiting for the best character to be announced.

Thanks. Blue Mary is a great choice and I'm hoping for her coming back in XIV.

KOF is far from being complicated/difficult. From the general tutorial from OP you can see it's a more "system based" than "character specific based" like Blazblue and Injustice. Combos are more chains on moves than links like Street Figther I don't say there isn't. It's just less prominent and the window for combos is bigger than i regular SF. Besides a few exceptions like Angel, the characters have somewhat the same basic comboflow of "normal->command normal->special move" so you can always start with that one once you start using a character. From '99 onwards you can do super cancels from special moves with some kind of cost like spending an extra meter.

With so many jump options, jump ins are the most used way to approach and start combos since you can easily try to mix up crossups with regular ones but in most KOFs, neutral is pretty strong so a simple normal or command normal from the character can shut down most approaches. As for hop CD pressure many like the infamous one from Chris in '98 that bullies many newbies, the best way to deal with is just to avoid it. Backdashes are generally invincible, guardcancel blowback is there to help from pressure and you can also use roll/evasion depending on the character or iteration you are playing.

Execution is generally not a problem. Things like pretzels I laughed when I saw that Izanami's Astral is one, Blue Mary and Duck King stuff are pretty specific specially post-2002 games where they try to simplify commands and make the inputs more lenient. In the OP there are a lot of shortcuts so even the generally unusual ranbu command (qcf, hcb) input can be easily done with a supercancel from a standard dp.

I think that covers the most of the basic stuff from KOF in general. Of course each game has its small bits like proximity unblockables, unblockable fireballs, OTG setups, wall bounce setups and more general advanced stuff like guard points and anywhere juggles. But just don't fret with that stuff until you got the basic covered. Team sinergy is also not all that enforced besides more Marvel-like games like KOFXI(tag) and '99~2001(assists) so the usual point-battery-anchor archetypes are the only things to worry or not even that if pick more "well rounded" characters like Iori, Robert, Athena, Kyo and so on.

If you really like Blue Mary, I highly recommend 98UMFE. EX Blue Mary is top tier and one of the most fun iterations of her that I ever saw or played like in RB2 where she is based on. So I hope her eventual XIV version is based on that one instead of the old regular Mary.
Too bad Eiji is pure bullshit in that game to the point that he can WALK faster than most characters can RUN. That and his anti air special that makes me think why so many people cry about Sagat, Guile, Inferno Divider and other moves.

Forgot to say that is
or
For your basic combo that can be started with a jump in normal before the grounded normal if you want. Of course not every normal will combo into every command and not every command will combo into every special or super. I just say there is at least one combo from your character that follows this path/flow. Look into wikis or just hit the lab to easily find it. For example, Mary's C->f+A->dp+B/D or ranbu super.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm finding kof pretty shitty tbh, bought it on the steam sale at 50% off.
I have one question though.
I heard on some streams people calling characters batteries but so far I am not seeing any notable difference in supermeter gain because my opponent gains as much as I do from just blocking. What is a battery character then, also what is an anchor?

Has there ever been a SF/KoF-style tournament in real life? It seems horribly inconvenient to fly your fighters all around the world instead of having it take place in one arena.

I assume you're talking about XIV. They made it blocking really good as a defensive tool specially against fireballs. The comeback factor in KOF is taking damage/blocking = more meter to do a guardcancel blowback/roll or a super later. But I think there's no battery-specific character like Elisabeth in arcade XIII and was sadly hammered in the console release but characters like Sylvie, Benimaru and K'way less now than in 1.0 can build meter by whiffing their "zoning specials" from a safe distance Benimaru himself earns a lot of meter from doing his fast knee special and combining with his ability to deal 45% of damage from a simple 1-bar MAX combo you know who is on the nerf list for ver3.0.

Now anchors are characters that can hurt a lot with meter. Iori is the most common example since he can easily do 60% with a regular far.D into MAX combo ending with a SDM or even canceling in a Climax to reach 80% with 5 bars. Shun'ei, Athena, Vanessa, Kyo, Chin, Daimon, Mui Mui are also other examples of heavy hitters.

Battery character; Character that can pull off big damage without relying on meter heavily, meaning there will be more meter for your next character. Billy is a good example
Anchor; your third/last character on the team

OK got it. Thanks.

Going to choose a all-human team to show up those Saiyan fanboys. Power levels mean nothing in a game.

I want a Vanessa for Boxing Day….

I stand by my statement, power level autists be damned. The more DB characters, the merrier.

Eventscrubs still defends Capcom, and tries to throw Marvel under the bus. Marvel does vice-versa. More news at 11.

Any of you autists noticed SNK put The Last Blade 2 for sale on Steam? it appears the online it's working fine, just for the record

What some good fighting game characters whose fighting styles are mostly punches?

Like you gotta ask

Proof positive that either no one gave a shit

Most fists? Maybe, someone with ARMS

I wouldn't have minded getting her for Christmas.

Vanessa from KOF14
Honorable mention: Steve Fox (Tekken)

It's a "mostly" but I think he counts.

Hey man, took me a while to get back to you because I was heading home post-Christmas. Thanks for all the tips, I might start dabbling in KOF again on my BB downtime. Definitely going to work on my Blue Mary and i'll find a copy of 98UMFE to play.

Early MMA is probably the closest to what you're imagining. They didn't do the "tournament of masters of various martial arts" thing because those masters don't have much to gain but a whole lot to lose by participating see the video of two wing chun masters that got into a fight and ended up wrestling like children, nearly killed the entire style They've spent their entire lives on this one martial art and if they get exposed and can't make a living off it they're in deep shit. But there were enough true believer students jumping in to produce some real freakshow fights before people started to zero in on what worked.

in b4 royce gracie i know fuck off

Hello again fightan' friends,

Although Christmas is over I had a mellow trip home, a good day so far and finally got my Makoto figurine pre-order confirmed so i've decided to give away Blazblue one more time!

Once again it's Chronophantasma Extend. I know it's not the latest but it can always be good practise for the latest or maybe the best BB game will get a revival, who knows?

Here's the key: A5TK0-H0?2F-QBRII

Our anti-bot equation this time is 5+4. I hope whomever gets this has a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018 full of fightan'.

By the way, if you guys are ever in the market to buy keys to give away, don't use G2A. You have to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops and gates just to buy a fucking CD key, it's retarded.

Just got it. Thanks Makotofag.

Back on my VPN now,fuck g2a.

You're welcome, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I feel like you have to have a dick made out of steel to browse these threads.

Like this?

aw I missed out

Sorry buddy, I might give away more BB in the future and other people might do giveaways too. If a couple of bucks means more BB players i'm pretty happy to do it.

Have a cute squirrel as a consolation prize.

well I can settle for never having a girlfriend like this.

Maybe the Japanese will get AR right and you can eh? One can only hope.

Mankind was never destined to get such perfect waifus and husbandos from video ganes and anime user.

Maybe.

Then I hope my next dream I have one.

So I was dreaming about fighting games and though why there's not a fighting game that switches between a 3D free movement like soul calibur, smash and kof movement based on distance between the players?

In other news I got the code for some pygame fighting game clone.

As in when players are up close it's 2D and when they're knocked back it shifts to 3D?

Maybe they are afraid of competition from Kotaku
archive.is/1TJ3M

I know, and it looks like they use the SamShoVspecial netcode from PS4 instead of the Last Blade 2 version from the same console.

I always though these tournaments were full of hundreds of fighters that take on preliminaries in each stage/country and only the playable cast was relevant enough to maybe get in the finals. In KOF usually you have a final stage in a stadium or something when it's a world tournament or just random places in southtown like in 2000.

Like Pokkén?

based on distance, far away == 3D roam, near == kof, mid distance smash.

Is there another game that does this? This feels weird.

I could see this making for some interesting zoning tech. Maybe some cool level/background transitioning too.

What the hell is this thing

Punch Planet

Intro should've been cha-la head cha-la or we are angels, like an anime opening but with their 3D models.

You were the chosen one, Nishitani.

Who the fuck would bother writing this moronic wall of text?
Oh.

US-voice pleb confirmed. People that don't ingratiate in Chiba Shigeru's voice aren't worth two grains of salt.

What Steve Universe episode is this?

Hot damn.

Anybody willing to help a new GGXrd player learn the ropes? I picked up the game yesterday and it seems fun, but I kept finding only the same guy online.
NA Mid-Atlantic region.

Doctrine Dark is gonna be fucking crazy in FEXL if his bombs don't ignore the super armor gougi, You'll be able to go full suicide bomber with him if he can super armor through the explosions.

I cannot play Xrd online because Steam is fickle and Japs can't into netcode, but I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the game. It's probably the best fighter on the market right now.

Don't forget her other abilities!

I still can't understand why they would change Blair so much. For better or worse, they are going the same rout that Nether took with Mileena and Kitana. Blair is supposed to sho skin, and, so far, only her beautiful back was available.

I decided to main Elphelt so:
1: Is she good enough to be viable in higher play?
2: Which of her specials should I be focusing on the most?
3: What combos should I focus on learning?
4: What's the optimal way to deal with characters that can teleport?
5: Why are special move inputs phrased in the style of "236P" online instead of the usual "D, DF, F, Punch" way?
6: When are peak player times?
7: Some of the inputs I need to do seem very hard to pull off reliably on my Hori Fighting Commander's Dpad. Is it a good idea to get a stick or a hitbox?
8: Are there any advanced movement techniques I need to learn how to do that haven't been covered in the tutorials?
That's all I can think of for now, thanks for the answers.

There is no way this character wasn't completely based on someone's fetish.

1: She got nerfed like 4 times, yet she's still high tier. I'll let that speak for itself.
2-4: Fuck nigga that shit is way too elaborate to answer in a single post. Go to dustloop and watch video tutorials if you want proper guidance on how to play her.
5: Those are anime notations, and they are that way because they are universal notations anyone can understand. Look at your numpad, and the directions the number keys represent
6: Evenings, weekends especially. You're best off actively engaging with other players instead of just joining random lobbies all the time though. A requirement in any fighting game that isn't Tekken or made by Capcom.
7: Personal preference. If you can somehow borrow a stick to try it out for 2 weeks, you should go for that. Otherwise, only switch if you really think the fightpad is fucking up your execution, before splurging on a stick and then discovering you don't like that either.
8: If the tutorial didn't cover instant airdashes then you should learn those once you're comfortable moving around. They are not required at a beginner level.

Lol.
In terms of controlling space, I'd say Pine Berry. Special cancelling into it and its throw are important parts of resetting her pressure/extending combos, and it's a huge pain for many characters to deal with. Shotgun stance is also terrifying in the corner since she has access to a command grab or a roll in it, and the gap is only -1 on IB, if I recall correctly. Her gameplan is to control neutral with giant lasers and then make life hell in the corner; Pine Berry is the former and shotgun stance the latter.
Christ, I couldn't tell you. You'd need to look into some of the Discord groups in the OP or on the Guilty Gear subreddit for info like that. As awful as reddit is, the GG sub is tolerable and has good information on the sidebar.
Putting buttons where they come out of the teleport every now and again, or imagining a "phantom character" in the spot where he'd teleport to. Slayer and Raven both need to hold forward to teleport so they'll get hit, and Venom needs a ball out to do it, so don't let him set up if you can help it. Chipp is tough, but most antiairs will beat his H teleport (where he drops behind you), especially Elphelt's c.S, and his others are actually less scary than they look.
Anime notation. It's just the objectively best way to phrase things, like saying port and starboard instead of left and right. You'll get used to it and then wonder why anyone does anything else and then hate Tekken's awful notation.
Whenever players make lobbies. Xrd's online is pretty dead (you're playing Rev 2, right?) outside of player lobbies, so you'll need to use Discord groups to matchmake. The actual number of players is pretty decent, though, and there is usually someone else new whom you can play against.
I found going to an arcade stick made the movements like wine, but several people at my local scene play with dualshock 4 controllers and do well. I think arcade sticks are way better, but don't invest in one unless you've tried it; anyone at your local scene, if you have one, should be happy to let you play for 20 minutes to get a feel for it.
I don't think Elphelt's combos involve anything as gnarly as jump installs. Mostly her hardest elements are managing all the stance cancels and not blowing yourself up with Pine Berry.

Those are Japanese players being broadcast from a Japanese arcade.

Someone should tell their art deparment HOW2TITS. Those things look like a spaniel's ears.
And what's the deal with Jewfro Vasquez over there?
Calarts was a mistake.

Also, I'll take another opportunity to shill the Mikado Tenkaichi Budokai league since Fumo is one of the best Elphelt players in Japan.

No, you don't get used to a completely new control method in 20 minutes. The minimum to get accustomed to a stick is easily 2 weeks. Those 20 minutes are gonna be awkward as shit for anyone if it's their first time using a stick.

Looking as awful as the rest of the cast?

It took me 20 minutes of not fucking up IADs and 236 motions to realize sticks were better for me.

To each their own I guess. Every pad player I've handed a stick walked around like a bumbling retard for like 5 games and then went "Nah, I don't think this is for me."

Yes
Pineberry for controlling space, probably your most important one in neutral to complement your retarded buttons. Pineberry and shotgun stance is used for your pressure. Pineberry to get them block and to let you get into shotgun stance. Be wary of using ground bridal express during blockstrings, since that's a free throw for the opponent if you didn't rc it. You gotta learn to hitconfirm with bridal if you don't wanna get blown up. Sniper usage depends on the player, so try it if they're fullscreen and you like sniping bitches.
Anything into sweep > pineberry > oki if you're on the ground. It's GG, so if your combos end in a knockdown and you can get some (pineberry) oki going you should be golden. Forget damage and optimal combos, do the combo you can consistently do that leads to kd. Also learn to hitconfirm ground bridal so you don't get thrown. 5H also whiffs on crouchers, so learn to hitconfirm that too.
That really depends on the character/situation. Pre-emptive buttons, airthrow might work but I really don't know what context you're talking about.
Numpad notation is popular for anime games. Everything is assuming you're player 1, so 6 is forward, 4, is back, etc.
Xrd is pretty populated, so afternoon-evening should be fine. You could also try asking for matches on discord.
Practice makes perfect. Play with whatever feels comfortable, but if you can try a stick/hitbox, see how they are.
With Elphelt she can sort of change her air dash/jump trajectories depending on when she throws pineberry. You can use this to move in ways other characters can't, so it's good to know. Air bridal stops your momentum so it can possibly bait antiairs (please mix up your options).

Oh yeah for the teleport thing I forgot to say that you probably want to throw OS teleports like Chipp's where they can appear in front of you. You can do j.4H or j.6H or you can do stuff like j.6XH X being whatever normal you want. If you think they'll teleport, just jump and do that and you'll airthrow if they teleport, or else you'll stick out a normal which they might run into.

Doesn't this seem to imply that increased Marvel meddling is what really tanked this game, along with usual Capcom horseshittery?

Or just use c.S when you see them teleport in because you're Elphelt and that shit is super fast, can be hitconfirmed and doubles as an anti air anyway. Option selecting is much too advanced for a beginner to break their head over.

There were many reasons. This article tell us Marvel was less invested in the game's success than we may have thought (given Capcom developed it and Marvel probably signed a few pieces of paperwork).

Outside of throws, anyway.

Let's say Capcom decided to listen to its fans for once and asked what characters people wanted from Capcom games (Marvel doesn't care at this point). Who do you elect?
Hunk would be a bit too brutal, and they could just play off Lady HUNK possibly being another Gwen
I wouldn't like that either.

Gene, just because I know they would never do it.

Brazil was a mistake. Even their memes are closet gay.

I am 100% OK with that.

I never had a problem with the crazy baloons from DOA. Even SC Ivy moved mostly in a very weird way by their sizes and the costumes she uses. I think that, talkinb about Tyara, it seems like she is using body paint, her tits are small for her size, and from the videos I've seen with girls with tits that size, they are quite close to reality. By the way, it seems like the game is being made by a team of three to four people, that's tight.
But I agree, Calarts was a mistake. I will try to post some videos later, but have some more info.

Nice info, but I think it was aimed for

My nigga

Quality bait.

That is easily the most abhorrent artstyle I've ever seen in a fightan and the character designs are even worse. Is the gameplay even halfway decent?

How is it bad? I like it.

It looks okay - several types of cancels, at the very least.

Personally, it reminds me of the insurance commercials with that pink-haired chick. The characters are stylistically ugly, but the UI and overall presentation are very clean; it feels disconnected.

It looks like it jumped straight out of a Nu-CN show with a dull UI and a colour scheme that makes me wanna puke. The thing I hate the most about it is seeing it in motion. Looking at stills, I thought it was all 2D images with tweening, but seeing it in motion looks flat-out wrong, like it can't decide whether or not it wants to emulate 2D graphics like XRD, or if it wants or if it wants to just be 3D with cel-shading, which doesn't work with the soft lighting.

You have no idea.
Huelanders are raising funds to pay for the huehue Goku's voice "actor" to go to Japan at the Olympics so he can take some pictures there and post them on jewbook.
I am not kidding.

I've seen some shit man, I'm too old for this cuck shit.

It looks french.

Most brazillians are functional human beings.
But the ones concentrated in urban regions are almost all cucks, soyboys, communists and corporate cock suckers. All 4 at once.
If you see any brazillian entertainment product or service, avoid it and alert other people to do the same. It is guaranteed to be funded by communist's shell companies and developed by feminists and chucked soyboys.

Great to know. 98UMFE is on sale for dirty cheap on Steam but I have to warn you that because of stuff explained on the other thread >>14029686 >>14030856 archive.is/cTQnr you'll need a KOF discord group like Dreamcancel to find people to play with in 98UMFE or in Real Bout Fatal Fury games. Or you should learn the regular Mary (a more straightforward KOF-like character but still with feints and counters) in the vanilla versions of '98/2002 that are more popular on Fightcade.

Well, in KOF depending of your attack, it can happen. The only thing weird is her neutral jump having the hitbox not "aliigned" with the actual sprite. Also is the guy's head invincible? Same thing with the big girl

I don't have one on my notebook. Also there's no reason to not use arrows on webpages like wikis. And then there's NRS and Tekken notations where the numbers are buttons. I rather have the "qcf", "dp" and stuff than reading a pretzel motion in number notation.

There's a lot of BUNDA in TV shows and high quality porn but most movie, TV and gaming industry is pretty subpar. I mean, TRAF lost the possibility of government funds to a fucking Top Gear clone developed for mobile with a promise that someday it'll make it on Steam and consoles. And that was like 3 years ago. At least the second kickstarted did well enough but they already lost many of the original staff due to these years of development limbo without funds and I don't know if On/Off can deliver.

'98 I know of but I was always informed that vanilla 2002 was considered sub par compared to UM? Those would be the easiest to get into though as I can emulate on my Linux laptop to practise.

I hope it's a Thinkpad, user

Sure is, albeit one of the newer models. It feels cheap and nasty but it's fast.

Don't worry, Thinkpads have always been the best for Linux

I only come here for the tits.

Ironically he's more an ass man.

'98 to 98UMFE had a huge rework on the system with the grooves Advanced and Extra returning but with a new one (Ultimate) that you basically customize your own groove with properties from the other two like the ability to run or dash, roll or evasion while in the same place and the type of meter used. Extra itself that was pretty shitty you couldn't tech throws in vanilla was changed to be a little too good in my opinion you can now RC some moves to extend combos and '98 wasn't a game towards combos initially. Also Extra Eiji is pure bullshit . You also have new characters and many new EX versions of old characters like Real Bout style Blue Mary. Besides, they nerfed the shit out Chang and Daimon who are insanely scary in the vanilla version.

Now 2002UM is really an updated version of 2002 with less drastic changes on its system (being able to do HSDM/Max2 super outside of Max mode) but huge overhaul on visuals, music, and characters plus a lot of bugfixes. New characters making the biggest KOF roster to this day With 4 Kyos: The original, two literal clones and a Kaneda cosplay but replacing totally not Tetsuo with emo cyberpunk Tristan from "Tristan and Isolde". Vanilla is pretty much broken and Japan only play 2002UM instead of the older one but mexicans and brazilians just love that original version. I think 2002(UM) is the one with highest skill with its meter management, had to actually run when activating Max mode, fastest KOF and other stuff.

Oh, '98 has Shermie and 2002 has Angel and a really shitty version of Shermie if you want more characters to decide/try.

Dang KOFfag, you're pretty knowledgeable about your series of choice. Alright, I think i'll start with the vanilla '98 and 2002 since they'll be the easiest to get ahold of. I do have a Windows PC in the house I can load the UMs on so i'll try those too and see how I feel about each one. Thanks for all of your advice!

I think I got KoF2002

They'll be easy enough to find to practise with. Also i'm pretty sure Fightcade has an AUR package for when i'm ready to get my shit pushed in online if there are even players close to me.

No problem. Kind of grew up with KOF and other arcade cabinets so even though I know I'll never be Xiao Hai, I love playing these games. Recently, besides KOF I've been trying to grind BlazblueCF and DOA5LR.

Beware of Daimons, remember my advice against Chris hop CD and have fun.

I'm from Brazil and had better matches against koreans than shitty wi-fi users from my country. I wish every fightan used GGPO done right like Skullgirls.

Oh really? I got into fighting games proper about 2 years ago and I am utterly shit at them. Compared to other people i'm really slow on the uptake when it comes to learning and it takes me forever to really understand the game i'm playing. But i'm not letting that bother me, I grind away on BB every day mostly offline against AI (and before that it was SG, towards the end I wasn't a half bad solo Val or Big Band). I'm not going to always win but i'm always going to try.

While BB is my favourite i'm always open to trying something new hence why i'm asking about KOF. The more games I play the more the knowledge might cross over after all.

SGs netcode really is what I consider the standard that others should be compared to. I've played with 300m/s players and setting the delay to 5 makes it practically butter smooth.

So thanks again for the advice, maybe you'll see me on Fightcade or Steam one day.

BB is really focused on combos, which I personally detest. You may want to try a better game such as GGXrd if you haven't already.

It does not matter.
Sooner or later the cucks in ANY brazillian development studio will run to the corrupt government for funds AND fill their staff with women, who are all useless, at the same time, compromising any quality that it might have had.
The reason for brazillian studios making so many garbage games are those two. They are funded and/or directed by literal communist soyboys or are filled with women because the idiots developing the game still think that equality is a real thing. Often both.
Then, the final product is ALWAYS garbage, as the direction comes from clueless idealistc idiots.

I've played a bit of GGXrd on and off (as well as +R) but I just couldn't gel with the playstyle for some reason. I think if I really sat down and put time into it i'd eventually get it but I like BB better for more reasons than the gameplay.

Fair. BB's animu art style makes me want to vomit, so more power to you if you can enjoy the games for it.

Cheers! Each to their own taste of course. Any fightan' is good fightan' except maybe modern Capcom releases.

Just play Hakumen or Tager and destroy the cancer.

There is no winning move.

Any advice on defribilating a scene?

My city has a FGC Facebook page with about 250 members. The problem is that they don’t seem to host regular tournaments ever since the FLGS that they played from closed down. There’s a local barcade we could use.

Provide some structure and people will come. You may have to start out small, but cobble together a couple setups for things like Tekken, Duty V and Guilty Gear/Blazblue and you should see the meetup numbers start to grow. It also helps to hold friendly tournaments every once and a while to spice things up a bit, and hosting in a barcade means that you'll always have an easy prize for first place.

Structure is important, as mentioned, as is marketing. If you can spare the money, put up some flyers. If you can't, just shill hard on Facebook/Twitter so people know. Talk to the barcade owner and get him to advertise, too, since FGC players love to drink.

I love this. It's like watching a kitten learn its tail belongs to itself.

I'm trying to get into KOF14 the first KOF I've ever played, but I can't figure out who to put on my team aside from Terry. I was originally gonna go Terry/Andy/Iori, but I wasn't big on the prospect of having the whole team be kind of/sort of shotos. Which of these five characters are worth learning?

I want to say Antonov and Dino but be ready for a life of suffering any time a tierwhore with a speckle of a notion of what they're doing pop up. Andy and Iori are solid and overrepresented so for all intents and purposes, the smarter choices but a real man's gotta be a little stupid.

Who
Also, Tekken is more complex than the other -current- fighting games. That doesn't mean they are similar or that Tekken skills can be reproposed for significantly different 2D fighting games in an easy way. Combos are not an integral part of Tekken, more like a side-element, and they also work very differently.

Iori will never be bad in any kof game.

twitter.com/Speedkicks
I love it because people learning new games is fun; I'm being earnest, not dismissive.

What are the integral parts of Tekken? I’ve only ever played 2D fighters.

Thanks. I’ll keep this in mind. I’m keen to start playing local even if it means I have to do I myself!

Snu-snu amazons from Futurama?

It's decent for an indie. Plays too much like SF4 though.

I got a new fightstick (MadCatz SF4 TE Round 2 X360 Version) and because my main PC is dead, I've been stuck with HFTF

Welp, the decision has been made. My partner took in our Xbox One and traded it for a Switch. Looks like i'll be playing Cross Tag Battle on the joycons fuck that i'm getting an adaptor for my PS4 controllers.

I wish they'd had done a jojo's 2d fighter up through part 5 or 6 that worked like HFTF.

Are joycons that bad? oh….nevermind

Yeah…girl…right.

well what else would I put my penis in?
tfw no anima girl gf, no girl like Makoto.

Any holes' a goal friendo.

Too pure and wholesome for our rotten world. Best she stays where she is.

Why do you play Guilty Gear then? Play SamSho instead.

Also, both games are "anime" but a product of its time. Guilty Gear is late 90's anime and Blazblue is late 00's anime. Just look at Xrd redesigns like Baiken and new characters that they are going with the new times.

KOF XI and he's not that good in any of 2002 iterations.

Well, there are great NeoGeo games for the Switch to play with your pal hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/title_list_neogeo.htm

Honestly, that's not a bad thing at all. XIV is probably the most beginner friendly KOF ever with its input leniency, flashy combos/supers and simpler system autorun when activating MAX, no extra meter for canceling stuff and no bullshit like proximity unblockables and unblockable fireballs. Now for your question.

All are worth it since none of them is Vanessa. Iori is one of the best characters of the game. Shun'ei and King of Dinosaurs make great point or anchors. Andy is one of the best zoners in the game and jumping on him when he has 3 bars means eating up raw Climax damage. And Antonov got some nasty OTG setups in 2.00. It really depends on your playstyle. If you only want one "shoto", you'll probably will like KoD or Antonov for some grappling or a mix of that with big guy damage. Be in mind that even if Terry, Shun'ei, Iori and Andy all have a fireball, reversal and a forward approach, Andy is much more of a classic fireball zoner, Terry is pure rushdown and Shun'ei/Iori are more well rounded but with different styles (the boy is more flashy with wall combos and Iori is brutal with straightforward damage).

Now my opinion. If you're totally new to the series with not much knowledge of fighting games, I think Antonov OTG setups, grab mixups and King of Dinosaurs classic slower grappler with lots of guard points moves are a bit too much or gimmicky for you. There's nothing wrong playing 3 "shotos" like Terry, Iori, Shun'ei and Andy if they play different enough and will teach the basics. Of course if you love the big guys, you will like to learn their nuances along with the game.

I've found the combos in GG make more visual sense. I see Sol doing Fafnir > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir Gunflame > air series > DP > oki and it makes much more sense than the five OTG pickups you'll find in any BB combo. And I didn't say anime, I said animu: mostly what I meant was BB's visual designs are just inferior versions of existing characters and archetypes with very little personality due to being overdesigned as hell.

You should update the KOF one with the announcement of v3.0 and a new playable character for EVO Japan. (January 25/26) Hint is either Ash or Oswald: dreamcancel.com/2017/12/snk-announces-king-fighters-xiv-version-3-0-new-upcoming-dlc-character-playable-evo-japan-2018/
archive.is/SMYRe

It's Oswald. Ash still doesn't exist in KoF XIV until after Verses defeat

???

Smash players are like that fat guy who gets his penis cut off and wears a bad wig and starts to demand people see him as a woman.

Do we have a guide on what fighting games are great per console/system?
e.g. I have a 1GHz Celeron processor on a machine that can delicately play SFC games, but I will try some MAME ports soon. (FBA?) In the meantime, what would be some great SFC titles to play?
Fatal Fury, Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting, Samurai Showdown, etc.?

Other question for AH3LMSS backers, than what's written on the Kickstarter update, anyone note any real differences or balances changes from the NesicaXLive? So far from the little bit I tried, I can tell I was right in my prediction.

Also can the straight community stop being gay for Valve? Saw some retards sharing some weird key codes instead of dedicated IPs we could swarm from the bittorent seeds. I wish those gay people would leave 8ch and never return, but we can't have gay people without games.

Also, anyone up for some retro tourneys?

I've always wondered why they don't make their own melee clone on unity.

I'm sure some of them have enough talent to make a game.

Yeah he comes back. Seems the time paradox he created was kinda the cause of Verse.

Okay buddy, It's not about what you personally prefer though. Numpad notations are simply more universal and really simple to understand, because they are easy to visualize.

Whats the name of this Streets of Rage song Remix?

After Verse gets beat it's hinted that many of the souls it contained had been resurrected, Team Official Invitation's ending actually shows Ash having revived and found by Kukri and Elizabeth.

wow, can't wait for the shermie 3D SFM porn.

and that's why none of the DLC is gonna be anyone revived, because they're all still dead/non-existent during the actual tourney. Plus it's pretty obvious all the resurrected characters are just being brought back for pure nostalgia bait for the eventual KoF XV.

Nigga it's an anime fighter, not SF4. Hardest links are like 3F.

PM and Rivals of Aether are that, more or less. There's also Earth Romancer which went into a crowdfunding campaign recently, but that's made by one guy who seems to have bitten off more than he can chew.

That lenient, eh? I figured it'd be autismal like everything else in BB. I'll give him a chance, then.

That was just a generalization, I meant the hardest link I ever saw in an anime fighter was 3F, if we're not including Darkstalkers. Many of Hakumen's "links" feel even more lenient than that.

Oh, even better.

tfw no arcade gf to watch fightan with

Fuckin' noobs.

Marvel didn't care about the game as long as the movie characters got in. They thought all the backlash would die down, and people would "like it" like SFV. Marvel didn't ex[ect Capcom and the SoCal fighting game community to fuck things up that badly (Not like this will ruin FiliinoChamp's life, but he's finally been exposed as a complete scumbag in the scene. Wong and his buddies lost a shit load of respect from the non-SoCal scene).

Too bad I gotta be social to get matches set up but I got friends who play fighting games so it's all good.

meh, it's a fighting game that revolves around stage control with many different shaped and sized stages, with more movement options to utilize.
I'd say it's an arena fighter
since arena shooters are described as shooters that revolve around map control with many different shaped and sized maps, with more movement options to utilize

I thought the established name was "platform fighter."

It's not an arena fighter; arena fighters have 3D arenas and gameplay like Arms, Virtual On or Gladiator Begins

Good start to the day. Once i've had breakfast i'll start my CPE practice for today.

Hope you guys have some good luck with your fightan' today too. Anyone working on any game/characters in particular?

Playing CF trying to find a character to use and nothing is clicking besides Ragna who feels like a bad Sol and I don't want to use a bad Sol. Whoever says BB is easier than GG needs to get kicked in the shins.

I've been getting back into Heritage and GG, trying to learn bedman is just as bad as trying to learn tandem combos. Rewarding and fun, but lots of trial and error.

I'm eating shitty noodles and drinking pepsi. I only come into these threads for the girls, I only ever bought Skullgirls on slae and I have KoF 12 PC edition from some sale too.

cute girls are a big part of fighting games! You should get guilty gear +r on sale though, it's only about $3 and it's a solid game.skullgirls a big stink though

I don't know how you got KoF XII on PC when it didn't release for PC. XIII I can understand but XII? I don't think so pal.

Yeah wrong one.

My dick wanted the girls man, and I got it for $5.

Trying to understand AH, it feels like I have to throw away a lot of my knowledge from other fg to learn this one. I'm learning Heart first before I learn other characters I want to play like Petra and Eko.

It's an acquired taste, stick to GG if you prefer it. Doesn't hurt to try new things though. You could try some of the cuhrayzee characters like Bang or the top tier characters like Susanoo or Es, see how you feel.

Bedman looks fucking weird, kudos to you for learning him. Good luck.

That's fine, the cute girls might get you into fightan' proper eventually, right? And if not that's fine too.

I tried that game myself and couldn't understand it personally. Good luck, I hope you work it out.

Gotta save that weed supply, I guess. He's trying to jump ship like his fat, greasy buddy Justin. What a fake-ass bitch. If Bamco is stupid enough to hire this guy like Capcom, I hope DBFZ tanks hard.

Don't want to be that fag but calm it down mate, lest you want other anons to start seeing you as an avatarfag

So what the fuck is the order for Blazblue releases, including light novels? I didn't even fucking know there were light novels until I saw on Steam.

She's my main and my favourite character. If it bothers enough people I can stop though.

Still trying to work out the novels/manga myself and fill in the gaps. This will help with the general order of the games as well as filling in any gaps you have with the games: blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html

CSE -> CPE -> CF should give you the bulk of the story as CSE and CPE have condensed versions of the earlier stuff.

Your shit posting is more annoying than your taste in shitty anime characters and endless, dumb Makoto pics (you post like a faggot btw).

Love you too friendo.

Evil Jeff Bogard is another

Debatable

I like Makoto and the art is good, just be wary not to dip too much into avatarfag territory is all I'm saying.

Righto, noted. I'll tone it down.

Fellas what the fuck did I get myself into?

PC or PS4 version?

You know the ship is sinking when the rats jump overboard.

Are you the same guy? Anyway, enjoy.

The tutorial cover the basics wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Arcana_Heart_3/Tutorial
You need to master homing since movement is really important. Other than that, pick an Arcana that suits your playstyle and compliments your character

The balance update will come with Shark Girl+Parace.
Also, there'll be a 3rdStrike tournament in January 8th I think. Need to lurk on past threads.

CT and CS(E) have my favorite style of story mode for a fighting game ever. Every character has its own path with different endings and routes. Not this linear "cinematic" bullshit of today that forces you to play a character you don't like and your main might not even be playable if it's not that relevant to the story.

Post Makoto tech.

Didn't get to play anything. Worked then got home to study so I can get a better job next year to buy more vidya. Or a least a decent PC
But why CPE and not CF? I thought people liked the 2.0 update.

The best fightan on the market. If you don't know the year Dynamic Housewives started publishing, you aren't a real lorefag.

I should have included that in the OP. Sorry.

>The cunts over at >>>/radcorp/ have scheduled a fightan tournament for January 6th for Euro hours and January 7th for NA/SA. The game is Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and it'll be a best of 5 double elimination bracket tournament that will be hosted on fightcade and streamed for your shitposting pleasure. The grand finale will be a first to 5 showdown between the Euro and Burg champions. A challonge page for each area and a thread will be posted here on Holla Forums a week before the tournament begins proper, you can sign up once that thread is up.
>>>/radcorp/3121

Campaign like the Falcom fans, and contact Bamco Japan directly to let them know that if any of the FGC "pro" players is hired to market DBZ, it will be boycotted. Cite MVCi and SFV as examples.

Well, disclaimer on this being that this is all CPE tech so it might not apply to CF and most of this i've picked up from AI play but sure, here goes:

214B/C -> L1D is starting to become one of my favourite tools for trickery. Using it in the corner after a hard knockdown is a good setup because the hitbox stays active longer than the animation makes it appear to. It tricks people into trying to mash on wakeup into a punish. Using 214B -> L1D at the right time in the corner can actually cross up effectively because Makoto stays against the screen edge and the other player shifts slightly away from it if they quick rise or neutral wakeup. The timing on that has to be precise though.

Using 214C -> L1/2/3D mid screen can be a good bait because your opponent sees the animation start and immediately rises to meet it (only for you to either fall short or to actually catch them midflight with D's hitbox which takes priority). If I get the distance right I can also use 214B -> L1/2/3D to cross up but it's risky and easily punishable, so I don't use it often.

I like using 214B -> 2C to catch some people trying to anti air thanks to the delay but it's pretty situational and depends entirely on the opponent.

Oh and I just recently found out that I can pick up an Astral off a L3 5D fatal wallbounce if i'm quick enough. That was pretty exciting.

None of this should be considered good Makoto play for obvious reasons.

CF made a lot of changes that just didn't agree with me personally. Some changes to my main and secondaries felt way too harsh (Makoto's 214A -> 5C -> 5B, 234A -> 5D, changing 234D to C and removing the ability to adjust it's charge etc) and then there was stuff like:

I've played through the story and i'll play it if someone wants to throw down (as well as practise with it on and off) but CPE is the game for me. I know it minimises my chances of online play because BB players only jump on the latest and greatest but i'm pretty content to just play offline.

Reminder: 36 Days until Dragonball Fighterz

How long until Cross Tag Battle? Also can pic related be in the game?

Want real mindfuckery? Someone post the old screencap from 2011ish Holla Forums of some lorefag user summarizing the story of GG up till that year. Most people don't know Xrd is a soft-reboot/alternate universe. I could imagine Daisuke wanted to get a mostly clean slate.

What mindfucked me recently is that it seems as if there's more people playing GGXrd on pc than on ps3/ps4. Maybe playing fighting on a console or PC makes little difference these days.

PC has less delay if you turn down vsync and aa. Online on PC can be offline on consoles/arcade, so a lot of people moved to PC. It also loads faster. Other games are like that too nowadays, like T7 and SFV where the PS4 version was considered inferior.

Like that one user said, PC has gained a lot of traction due to being an objectively superior platform on a technical level, because if there's one thing fightan fags cling to, it's the best possible version of whatever game they play in terms of input delay, etc.

You overshot by a week, it's 29 more days.

KOFXIV also has at least 1 frame of delay less than on PS4 but the standard tournament and casual setups for all these games are all on consoles Besides Skullgirls, the console playerbase is much bigger than the PC one. Even actual updated versions like KOFXIIISE that is the Climax version of the arcades are not used in favor for the 360 version and I don't know what the Arcana Heart community will do once Shark Girl and Dark Heart drops since there's no console version planned and the main team is working on that Million Arthur game.

There's no way this is happening. We're less than one month away from the release the overall publicity is insanely positive even with the "concerns" of Xenoverse/Budokai fanbase.

By the way, I agree with This "opening" song has nothing to do with Dragon Ball and it feels like those old rock and metal AMVs fans made with Linkin Park. It should be something like a cheesy Kageyama music. Just because it fits GG it doesn't mean it's cool with anything. Thankfully this is the lowest point of DBFZ along with Tenshinhan adaptation to the game

By the way, Oda said in a interview that there's a new console game coming in 2018 a day after the release of a new chinese mobile game of Samurai Shodown so better star labbing your non-combos. taptap.com/app/63577
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/9461957780992778241

Same, but I'd never played it before, a friend wanted to play it with me. I was surprised by how buttery the controls were, I was expecting them to be stiff if anything.

This. Or just pirate it, I'm pretty sure it's got cracked multiplayer, but I got it on sale anyway. The netcode being bad is mostly a meme. It's not significantly worse than any other arcsys game's.

The only thing I enjoyed in CPE was the joke branches, but I haven't tried out CF's yet.

Which is why GG pre-Xrd is objectively the best in style.

I like BBCF a lot but the main reason I don't LOVE it is because of the long as fuck combos and what feels like EVERY super having a cutscene. If more than half the match is spent with one or both players just waiting to get to play again, I can't call it my favorite fightan.

trying out ah for the first time too & it actually seems like a really cool game, Lieselotte checks pretty much all the boxes for what i want out of a character.
are there good resources for much in depth stuff for her? the wiki and discord are surprisingly barren for a game with so much going on, there isn't even up to date frame data

I think it is interesting to have a SamSho appreciation moment, for the girls that were forgotten.

Maybe one day…

Yes.But maybe I should have mained someone that isn't so high execution. That and actually play the goddamned game.

>mfw pirated both GGrev2 and KoFXIV and still can't decide which one to pick up
Both games have mechanics which give me, a SF-shitter, a bit of trouble and both games have fun-looking rosters with plenty of characters I'd want to learn.
(Checked and informed the Vatican)

Poor Mikoto. Lonely and forgotten.

[F]

Why not both?

archive.is/eH5ai
More SNK games beyond KoFXIV 3.0 and mobile games confirmed for 2018.

Reminder your game is going to have sleazy season passes, denuvo, and day-one disc-locked content. Oh yea, it'll also have shitty characters like Kale, her lesbian butch lover, and the Sjw-Tumblr universe no one likes (the maidens).

All of those characters except for Mizuki sucked, and Iroha should have been forgotten with them. The bitch killed the SamSho series, so fuck Iroha.

Wasn't the rumor that SNK's next game was gonna be Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum 2? It would make sense considering next year is their 40th anniversary.

Boycotts DO accomplish our goals.
See all the main AAA "can't fail" games that flopped this year due to association with any form of corruption, shills or SJWs.
If the paid shills of the FGC are already hated by the normalfags for their behavior and shilling for trash games, it is the perfect time to mobilize and pressure Bamco to abandon them.
It was done to all the "too big to fail" AAA games this year and it can be done to Dragon Ball too.

>The cunts over at >>>/radcorp/ have scheduled a fightan tournament for January 6th for Euro hours and January 7th for NA/SA. The game is Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and it'll be a best of 5 double elimination bracket tournament that will be hosted on fightcade and streamed for your shitposting pleasure. The grand finale will be a first to 5 showdown between the Euro and Burg champions. A challonge page for each area and a thread will be posted here on Holla Forums a week before the tournament begins proper, you can sign up once that thread is up.
So the 6th and 7th rather than the 8th.

Time and brain constraints.

I guess the elevens truly don't like DutyFighterV.

And how do you suggest to go by this boycott even though it won't affect Dragon Ball at all?

Tekken 7 has scummy dlc and season passes, and it sold ~3 million copies btw.

Yeah, but the rumor was suppose to be announced at that last sony event. It's most likely going to be Samurai Shodown since the series has been getting fuck loads of promotions recently, new ports and a new mobile game just entered beta testing today. That and probably a new metal slug since they confirmed it was in the revival plans along with samsho awhile back.

onlybadwhencapcomdoesit is one hell of a drug.

Can't even be hyped for Sophitia's big honkin' bazonglers, knowing the only thing these cunts have been doing about their kiking is make it harder. That and some gameplay concerns.

I don't know if the question's too "shitposty" but nonetheless, I've recently taken an interest in Aris Bakhtanians, his content and his "AvoidingThePuddle" livestreams. I'm finding him somewhat entertaining.

Now, each time I search up his name in google (his full name), all I find is "sexual harassment" and videos where he's labelled to be the shame of the Fighting Game Community. Can someone explain to me what the incident was regarding Aris? I mean, he still gets invited to commentate at Evo so it seems he didn't literally rape or molest anyone, right? I'm clearly some five or six years too late but can someone fill me in?

You're hanging out in that shit-hole that's R-kappa, huh? tl;dr he berated a chick who was in a SFxT event on stream, and he looked like a pot-smoking, sexist manchild to everyone. He apologized about it, but the fgc defended his antics on the stream. Everyone moved on from that incident, but Aris is still a pot-smoking, balding manchild faggot who is no better than Wong or Filipino Champ with shilling (Aris will suck Harada and Mike Murray's dicks for a living and weed every day).

Forgot to add if anything, Aris is one of the few guys who didn't become a sjwcuck like Wong, James Chen, Max, Ultradave, and Geoff the Sjwcuck. Despite his Harada cocksucking, he wasn't very happy when he saw some Final Fantasy faggot got added to Tekken 7's roster. Gotta give him credit for that.

And?
SFV floped. MVCi floped. KI floped after season 3.
There are more examples of boycotts working than there are of not working.
And even taking Tekken 7 into account, most of the will to buy it was because of the cancerous mindset of "everything else is shit, so at least this Tekken thingy must be good" that some still had when Harada was leading useful idiots into buying his game.
Look at all other games that did not have associations with corruption and SJWs and they are all maintaining a stable community, while the big ones are either flopping or waning.
There is no place for black pills. Boycotts WORK and the industry is back into shapping up the way WE want it.
Anyone interested in the new Dragon Ball fighter: rally and contact Bamco directly and make sure that they bow to our demands. No FGC "pro" that shilled for failed games must be hired. Pressure Bamco with the results from the failed games from before and their association with said "pros". Don't let those idiots have any more money from the companies.

True.

We're not there yet. The Sjws, left, and right are pulling out more tricks to fuck with the industry and people. Look at the evil shit sjws and the left are resorting to with comic books now.

If you want to make a change, look up the contact info for Bamco's branches and post it here or on social media for people to use.

he was just cringy and awkward with a girl during a cringy and awkward event. cross assault was a complete shitshow from the moment people started auditioning.
youtube.com/watch?v=hBXNYTe-WDY

This.
Tekken 7 was only "well" received because of the spite that everyone had for Capcom. But Bamco is as bad as Capcom, and they can be brought down as Capcom was.

The time IS now.
Your example of comic books is perfect one. Comic books are failing, no matter what the SJWs push to the public.
Normalfags are more and more realising that "SJWs = bad product = won't buy" and are listening more to word of mouth than to any marketing. And a push for this direction will make even more of them avoid big name games.
Even Star Wars was taken down by mobilizing boycotts and alerting normalfags.
As soon as the normalfags' money stop going to the big companies, the ones that survive will have no other choice than back down from their push for cancerous marketing, season passes and paid shills.

That is why i suggested mobilizing like the Falcom fans, to find the contact info of the japanese Bamco and tell them directly, bypassing any of the western branches.

Then make a thread about it and do it yourself. Give people a template or two for their emails/letters. When GG was in full swing I remember people emphasizing that letters should say "i don't know if i'll be making this purchase" rather than "i will never buy your products again" because at that point the company has not yet lost you. There may be some more advice to be found in the gamergate shitposting general, but I don't know.

I tried r/kappa but when I went there, all I found was porn and in-jokes that I didn't understand. The sub seemed pretty useless.

Where do I go for the full details?

Is it legal in Southern California? When I watched his Portal 1 playthrough, he covered up the camera to take hits from his bong. He said he just "needed to smell some flowers". Whilst I don't remember specifically what paid comments (the text-to-speech thing) his fans were making, I do remember having the impression that nobody is under the illusion that Aris is sincerely smelling flowers. He covers it up and yet at the same time, barely tries to hide it.

I don't know much about these people or the inner-ongoings of the FGC. Can I get tl;drs on these people too?

Do we have any evidence of Aris bending the knee to Harada? I remember seeing Aris talk about how originally, TT2's practice/training mode wasn't all that different from Tekken 6's and how he badgered Harada into adding the "Record" function, thereby making the practise mode actually useful. That story always got me the impression that Aris was the people's champion, not afraid to "stick it to the man" and ensure our voices are heard.
Also, how strong his Mike Murray's presence in the FGC?

"Sexist".
Nothing wrong with that. Also, hitting on pair of tits is the right thing to do. Games are for Men. Tits that go to tournaments just to show themselves to men (as anything that takes away attention from women make them rage) ARE to be berated. Women are for sex and nothing else.
Calling a sexist (which is a good thing, for Men) a "manchild" exposes you as a cuck and or/male feminist.

Oh, I forgot something as well.
I thought Aris' income was dependent on his twitch-subscriptions as the guy literally doesn't have a job.

The right is as much our enemy as the left and sjws. We just need them to dismantle the social justice bullshit that's harmed everyone.

From his SCVI footage reviewing, right? I don't think Aris intentionally lies about himself, but he certainly stands to benefit from people thinking as highly of him as possible. I'm also curious as to how you think adding a feature to a training mode is "sticking it to the man."

And his channel would fade into the background if it weren't for the occasional injections of popularity he gets from appearing behind commentary desks.

They screwed up with him? I remember the reveal hype but don't know the feedback once people got him.
From what I saw, they seemed adamant to stick to the source material unlike TN who took some liberties with Mai's moves in DOA5. That and a godawful remix of his theme because it's T7, all the music has to sound like a diseased ox. It's what the kids like, fuck you gramps!

I'll admit Chronicles gave my tism the good touch but yeah, all downhill from 2 onward.

People seem to give him a big pass on that compared to the other creeps in the community. But okay, I understand, people love his role in the Harry Potter films and are willing to overlook some shenanigans because of that.

Got your screencap, Anita Quadeesian? :^)

Wasted quads

Quads of truth. How can
PATHETIC BETA MALES
ever recover

Excuse me sir, but the technical term for the crappy, heavily downtuned yet polished as a prissy pop song guitar sound which is often found in nu metal is "bowel movement noises".

Found the centrist cuck.
The Right is the good way.
The left are the enemies.

Yeah, sure. Treating women as the sex objects that they ARE is surely a leftist/feminist thing.

Geese was hyped by the reveal, and faded. Normalfags that still fall for marketing only get hyped about reveals, and don't care as much when their finally get the product. Thankfully, even the "reveal hype" is fading.

Get run-over by a train.

Well, objectively speaking KoF is gonna take a lot longer to learn, you're gonna need a 3 character team to get properly going. While GG can get complex, you're going to be at an intermediate level much quicker. In the end, they're both great games so you should just pick whichever you think looks coolest.

I don't know much about SCVI but I'm quite certain it's very recent. I don't know what video it was but I'm sure it was a fairly old one. I'm talking potentially pre-2017 even but yes, SCIV isn't even on the radar with regards to timeframe.

Because the training mode was originally very bare-bones (it was similar to what Tekken 6 had) and Harada reportedly had to be badgered quite aggressively by Aris (who, at this time, was successful enough in Evo to have a name that carried weight and thus, was capable of rallying the community behind a cause and "rock the boat" for things which would've otherwise been accepted) to implement the changes. Aris, a man functioning as a representative of the Fighting Game Community stood up against Harada, a man functioning as a representative of the Namco corporation; persuading a reluctant Harada to have features added that would benefit the community.
The only way to argue that this isn't "sticking it to the man" is if you argue that Harada, as a Namco employer, would directly benefit from any changes that raise the game's quality and thus, bring in more money. The only issue with this argument is that it doesn't explain why companies like Capcom are both as money-hungry as they are and also so eager to shoot the quality of their games in the foot. There's clearly some kind of clash between quality and income.

I can see that making sense. How many subs do you need on Twitch to have a liveable wage by the way? Like I said, I'm watching Aris' playthrough of Portal 1 and he says right at the end of the first stream that he had 288 active subscribers. I was really surprised by that number. The video was uploaded right at the tail-end of 2014 (three years from today, actually) and that seemed like such a low number. I look at Aris' stream now and I see he typically has an audience of 2000 although I don't know how many active subscribers he has as I don't think the figure is stated on his profile, I'm sure it's a lot more than a mere 300.

Thanks for posting this so I can see his behaviour for myself.

Any videos?

Use and discard the talking meats (women) first.

What other creeps?

Here are some Bamco Japan's contacts:

Questions about media coverage
bandainamcoent.co.jp/corporate/press/contact/

Home consoles game software
bandainamcoent.co.jp/cs_support/index.php

Recruitment information (may be useful to contact to alert them about the "pros")
bandainamcoent.co.jp/job/grad/

Bamco's japanese Facebook
facebook.com/bandainamcoentertainment

Anons that know more about japanese language can help in creating messages for all anons to post in the various contacts.
Always pointing out the problems with the so called "pros" in the FGC that shilled failed games and their part in trning people away from said games.

Organized, proactive, and preemptive Boycotts aren't the reason those games failed, those games failed because of horrendous PR, and those two aren't exactly the same thing. A game getting a bad rap from everybody before it even releases is the surest and quickest way to tank a modern game.

Dude, you can hate the character, but don't be ridiculous.

Agreed. You give the right any power and you can bet they would make the banning of games a priority. The left and the right are not that different when you look how they treat entertainment, they only change the reason to act.

So, changing the subject, I wonder, does Arika really needs a publisher for that game? I mean the roster probably is not going to be as big as SFEX3, and so far, not even one exclusive character from Fighting Layer were add. I wonder if it wouldn't be a good move to stick to digital distribution and arcades, but keeping it self published. And they could add a new character every two or three months.

Most of this board is 'the right', you retarded fenceshitter.

If Eiji Shirou is really back, you'll get Shiki and Iroha.

Iroha was bullshit but VI the game is underwhelming not because of her. Sen was actually what killed the series along with the nightmarish development of what would end up being KOFXIII

Pick one. Samurai Shodown, KOF and Metal Slug are the three series SNK is promoting a lot ever since the chinese acquisition like said.

Neat.

What? Why? If you're coming from Street Fighter and have a good neutral game you'll only need to learn the jumps since the ground game is just as important. Especially if you're going for '98 or XIV which are more the simple competitive KOF games.

In fact the Beginner's Guide from the OP was made mainly for people coming from Street Fighter that already have a basic notion that can be expanded in my other post and you can even just use 3 same-y characters in the beginning like said in who are your mains in Street Fighter?

It's not that hard to go for different games. I'm trying BlazblueCF and DOA while I still play KOF as my main game and will probably try the 3rdStrike tournament.

It's never too late go back. Luong doesn't look that high in execution but she's a lot of risk that can punish hard mistakes. At least she's not Elisabeth in XIII, Yashiro, Mature and some others in 2002/98 or Jhun and May Lee in general.

Yeah, info on SixStars in the west is pretty barren. The Community is trying to do stuff on their own so is basically a total new game in this side of the globe. But at least you can just try stuff on your own based on LoveMax. I'm waiting my friend who backed the game to get Windows so I'll buy the new version.

Besides Max and Hellpockets, you're dealing with shills from Dragon Ball community you probably have no idea who they are because that's the target demographic Bamco is aiming for. The pretty graphics and nostalgia factor like the special intros and trailer with "We were Angels" song already hooked normalfags, mexicans, huelanders and japan. It's more what said.

I would say I like more how Mai was perfectly implemmented in DOA5 than Geese in Tekken7. She plays by the game rules with counters mix of strikes and many grabs but TN nailed her moves and adaptation like making her Power Blow be the CD when not doing the super. Has her fireball, fire pillar, ryuu enbu and you can set the inputs to be just like in KOF with P=A, K=B, P+K=C, H+K=D but a block and throw being A+G without messing up with any mechanics of the game.

Now Geese, like Akuma, needs a special bar that comes from KOFXIV with MAX mode and everything so if looks lazy and he don't play by the usual game rules. But the problem is that Geese is a Fatal Fury character and not a KOF original. If it was Iori, fine but in Fatal Fury games you have plane shift that fits the 3D environment of Tekken just fine besides P and S supers or even maybe feint canceling in later iterations or could go all out with Just Guard from Garou.

All I'm saying is that we're not gonna get what we want anyway so we might as well imagine the worst option for fun.

youdubber.com/index.php?video=jUuLXkgRZB0&video_start=0&audio=0R9k0yl8Atk&audio_start=0

give me one reason why newer games shouldn't have smash inputs.

I have an SF background and branched out to KoF and GG. KoF took me WAY longer to learn, the neutral game and movement isn't like SF at all. I'm just speaking from my personal experience with things.

Try to map a guilty gear character's moves to a smash style input system and you'll find your answer

if smash had 6 buttons, it could be done.

Should I get DBZ on PC or PS4

PS4 if you need portability, PC if you want a faster connection. Personally, i'd say PC.

PC of course.

PC if you're gonna goy it up. At least you can get the DLC for free and have access to mods with the PC.
PS4 is only good if you want the biggest online community for it and go to locals.

Technically true, but DBZF is gonna be big enough to warrant a healthy and large community on PC

Well alright then, guess I'll get it on PC if that's the case. Lord I do hope they support 1440p this time around.

locals, scenes
to-may-to, to-mah-to

I know you meant local scenes, you dummy. Where is the issue though?

easier to lug a PS4 around than a PC and get everyone's controller working.

Tell that to the niggas that play Melty Blood

Toasters are easy to carry around.

Oh, like that. Yeah I never organized any locals, and the only obligation I had as an attendee was to bring my stick, so I didn't consider that perspective.

Melty blood can play on a fucking potato tho. I'm talking about shit that can't run on something assembled with paperclips and thumbtacks

Weird, unless you get right into 2002 that is the fastest one or got a really bad experience with Chris and Vice in '98, I don't see how much of a problem you can get. by following the guides I pointed out. Even in recent later games you have Ibuki and C.Viper that play more KOF-ish with their jumps and approaches. In GG, I did May's tutorial and got fucked by the lack of reversals without meter and the whole RC, Blitz and many stuff when I got online.

Also like already said, >>14058443, if the PC version has less input delay, you're fucked in tournaments and locals using a console. I can feel the difference in KOFXIV, just imagine what it is like for Tekken and SFV players.

And that resulted in boycotts that achieved the goal of making those games flop.

As long as there aren't marxism, fags and niggers, the Right won't ban them.
The left are the enemies.

They DO know about those "pros". And they already despise them.
As for all else: and? No reason to not act to ensure that Bamco abandon this paid "pro" shill nonsense. Every time, this year, that anyone said a game "has already hooked the normalfags" it was proven wrong and AAA games from big companies flopped and normalfags did not ate the marketing. If they are hooked by Dragon Ball itself, it can easily be subverted and the company can be contacted to pressure them to avoid the same fate of hiring the failed "pros".

I never had an issue with delay differences, just played 2 or 3 casual games beforehand to get accustomed to console delay. And I know multiple people whose main platform is PC, yet still perform well in tournaments, so it can't be just me. I guess it again depends on the person, but ditching the superior version for that reason alone seems a bit silly to me.

Also, maybe KoF taking me WAY longer to learn was a bit of an overstatement, but I definitely found its initial barrier of entry to be higher than GG's. Once I found my character and did the tutorials I was rather quickly on my way with GG. Not so much with KoF, which took me months and multiple occasions of wanting to drop the game before it finally clicked. I started with XIII.

Well, I know because of these threads, Eventscrubs, SRK and news of Capcom fucking up. I think I never watched a single match of the bald little guy. Wong played a bit of KOFXIII and I remember from the american scene of 3rdStrike and the famous EVO#37.
And besides, I think that hiring them won't make any difference since Bamco already have Max, Perfect Legend and HotPockets doing their "FGC" videos for them.

Oh, maybe that's the reason. XIII is more in line with post-2002 style of hitboxes that made neutral weaker and the game be much more "hop heavy" than other iterations but SNK revert it back to 2002 style in XIV. Also, HD mode made combos and loops longer than ever and benefit some characters more than others youtube.com/watch?v=Gca2gAUyybA

Sorry if I look a little agressive, but that shit article on Eventscrubs now makes my blood boil whenever someone says that "KOF is hard" as a reason to not play and then proceeds to Xrd, Blazblue or Tekken.

I have both the PS4 version but not the console because of locals and the PC version to play at home.

It's only going up to Future Trunks Arc iirc

Hope he returns. The dude is good.

I would be OK with Kale and the fusion, if this game would be put into the fucking Super Tournament. I am already not getting the game until it is finished with all the DLC.
I do not need to rush, plenty of fighters to tackle on.

You're not totally wrong, Holla Forums strawman.

Muh horseshoe theory

I'm having a character crisis in BBCF. I like Susanoo, Litchi, and 13 all about equally, but I don't know who I should work on learning more.

Anybody got the BlazBlue main chart updated for Central Fiction?

From what i've seen Susanoo will carry you on raw damage, Litchi will let you get cuhrayzee and 13 will draw out salt levels unheard of.

Out there suggestion, why not do some backstory research and see which one you like the most? That's how I pick my mains, total sum of the character instead of just gameplay.

If someone does, that'd be sweet. I'm interested.

Don't know if this is the updated version

Thanks.

Woah there, I never said that was a reason to not play it. I was just giving that user my two cents after he said he didn't have time for both, which I initially suggested.

So, you are ok with (assuming that you buy the game) some of your money going to fund their weed addiction?
It is not about what impact gamers directly. It is about some clearly opportunist has-beens just taking money for cock-sucking companies. And never forget that, in the long run, it can be really bad for gamers, if those "pros" become the only voice that the companies hear. AND it is at least worth it to make them be abandoned by companies so they won't misinform other people by shilling for failed games.

user… She's just an Eiji Kisaragi fangirl and after leaving SNK, changed to Mera Zin and went to be a BL mangaka but now in 2017 suddenly went back to the old pseudonym and opened her facebook page

It's not like I'm ok with it but more of "I don't care about them". And I think if Bamco ever cared about what "pros" want in their games, SoulCalibur VI wouldn't be in the worrisome state that is now with shit like Run Counter still in the game, dumbed down GI but without any cost, Armor Break giving opportunity of extra damage and to some degree, Reversal Edge that seems to breaks the flow of matches. Hell, in DBFZ the Shenron mechanic can't even be disabled as far as we know and you can get Dragon Balls by using autocombos without caring about the number of hits in a combo. This game will certainly be broken by release like any mahvel-like game and we can only hope ArcSys deals with steady and thoughtful updates.

And yes, I'm buying the base game on disc and only dip if Arale is one of the 8 DLC characters. Later will sell the disc to get the inevitable "Revelator/Extend" version with everything and probably one or two extra characters. I'm already used to ArcSys games.

If anything you should be more worried about NRS games that, in Injustice2, besides the usual DLC shit (day one or not), "Premium" editions to the usual WBgames tiers of "Base game, Silver and Gold edition", put microtransactions in a game even if they're "just cosmetic". Even with all that, it was by far the most sold fighting game of the year and we have no idea how the DLC and the virtual money sold so WB has pretty much free reign of what they can tell NRS to do in their next game.

Yeah, I was getting ahead of myself. Like I said, I'm sorry. My problem is not with you or anybody in this thread

Buying DLC itself contributes to ruin the industry for consumers, you know?
Accepting things as the companies want them to be is what makes everything worse.
As for NRS, it is up to all to mobilize.
But as they are a western company, no contact will amount to anything. A massive boycott, with non stop exposure of their worst practices is what will do the job. Star Wars made normalfags aware of the DLC and microtransaction scams. We can now use it to compare to NRS current and future games.
As for mangakas: truly, never try to know the face of female mangakas. Most of time, they are simply monsters.

I somewhat subconsciously picked Giga Tigger the Iron Nigger as my main for this reason.

Going by GG I heavily doubt this part. On console you find a lot less people and the quality of player you find is just below the average rank 10+ turbo sol. On PC at least there always seems to be someone on social area's who's instantly available to play right there if you ask.

You are comparing apple's fanbase to orange's fanbase.
All the DBZ games sell the most on the PS4 especially since that's the system where all the black weeaboos make their base.

So, they are still developing this. Nice.

how tough do darkstalker combos get?

Yes it caused people to not buy the game, but note that it wasn't because of a proactive effort to rally and organize to boycott the product, but a reaction to the horrible press which poor people away. Less boycott and more terrible marketing. The later is really how games tank these days.

*drove people away

95% of those black weebs will be gone in a month due to getting bodied 8 times too many and the other 5% is going to continue spurting muh xenoverse

On some turbo modes since the logic runs at 90 FPS combos can get literally impossible since there's not even a frame window to input the link in. Good game design inc

I'm under the impression that you can shittalk and expose all the awful shit going on with a game to others without actually calling for a boycott. I have bad memories of that failed Modern Warfare boycott or when a subset of fans protested Sonic 4 in favor of buying the original. Although in the latter, I think a better variant of that was that was done in regard to Capcom testing the waters as to which direction to DMC should go between the reboot and its Definitive Edition vs the DMCHD Collections and the Special Edition of 4. But with that, I don't recall people were adamant in calling for an outright organized boycott, just that they promoted the original series whilst meming over the reboot.

And that is the point: now people are aware of all the anti-consumer and predatory practices, to the point that an organized boycott can be done quickly and with better results. If eole were ninterested before, now they actively seek out information about harmfl ractices. We can raise awareness of the paid shills problem as well as any form of post launch content that we can use to relate it to the whole lootboxes fiasco, to the eyes of normalfags. Making then uneasy about buying new games and seeking information that would be provided by the common gamers and not by "pro" shills.

Look up Bulleta combos. Enjoy breaking your fingers trying to link shit through microdashes.

Can you guys wait a few hours for the new thread? I'm looking for updates on news and stuff.

DBZF section could be updated with the (console only) open beta running from Jan 14-15 or Jan 13-15 if you're a good goy and pre-ordered. Also english dub by funimation confirmed.
KoFXIV section could be updated with SNK's plans for a KoFXIV update in 2018 along with a new character, rumored by some to be Oswald.

Other than that, not much newsworthy stuff happened since the thread went up. January is going to be a big month, so it's kind of the calm before the storm right now.

Remember to put in the info about the 3S tournament /radcorp/ is hosting.

I don't like to post rumours as news. Let's see if I didn't fuck up

NEW THREAD