Mental Illness

I have an interest in abnormal psychology. I've already played pics related and would like to know about other games that depict it.

Other urls found in this thread:

secondlife.com/destination/virtual-hallucinations
store.steampowered.com/app/511630/Max_an_Autistic_Journey/
amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-B-right-Supports-Cardiovascular/dp/B0016003Z0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hotline Miami.

This is probably the best horror game with psychological elements. Gameplay isn't bad either. I like it.

I am literally playing Spec Ops: The Line right now.
I need a game like this, the music, the atmosphere, the brutality.

Dwarf fortress if you have a little imagination
Postal

Hellblade is all about that. It will be a dramatic jump in quality from Depression quest if nothing else.
The sound design was legitimately cool though

Sadly it's sort of one of a kind and due to some youtube personality saying the story is "2deep4u" bullshit it has become a taboo to talk about. About the only thing that comes close is MGS2 on the off chance you haven't played that yet.

You want to play something with mental illness?

How about Real Life? That's a pretty good game, just whinge (or bitch) like a little girl about Right wings, or Left wings. Just have fun!

Darkwood and outlast.

I'll assume that you already went trough the other Lisa games and played yume nikki and its relevant spin offs.
i honestly don't know anything about "abnormal psychology" but if you want to see despair in pixel/polygon form you might want to play Max Payne, Legacy of Kain and touhou

Hell Blade?

Depression quest is fucking BULLSHIT. Genuine depression simulator? Crack jokes while mentally rolling the dice to see if you blow your head off when you get home and realize that your inability to enjoy anything has been your every day for the past twenty years.

I'm interested in your methods, traveler

Gone Home
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3

Off the top of my head.

Gone Home
Life is Strange
Jumpix Jump

What youtube personality?

It was good except for Deep Purple. I've heard their songs so many times it ripped me out of the game and reminded me of when Hollywood movies try to pad their action sequences with rock songs. The game did get me into black angels though. They should have just filled it with lesser known bands.

What games get autism just right?

How so? Are you referring to Gensokyo being a dystopia of cannibalism and fear-harvesting, despite all the cute animus?

I am mentally ill. Ask me anything.

Kill yourself for playing shit games that have nothing to do with mental illness, Before that you should contact a doctor because you might be mentally ill yourself for playing such garbage, then kill yourself.

We all are, here, Redditfaggot. Go back and kill yourself.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Just started, but it's pretty enjoyable so far. Combat is simple, but fun.

Are you ill mentally?

Upvoted

Fucking Spec Ops: The Line.
That game is absolute shit but was praised for "muh story". It's a prime example of style over substance in this industry.

I know it's fucking Second Life but some psychiatrists put together a schizophrenia simulator in it.

secondlife.com/destination/virtual-hallucinations

The mental illness is in the fans.

I figured I would get a response like that. You get plenty of spergs and 'tists attracted to the game, but what games actually mention or discuss autism?

That shit is fucking intense.

Jesus christ, this is savage. Actually pretty eye opening too, it would be terrifying to think that one's experiences with auditory and visual hallucinations revolve around death so much. It's actually probably a lot more disturbing than I first thought it would be.

can't remember, some British fuck who started the whole "the game is a meta about you as a player" up till then I could find no developer commentary talking about the game being a stand in for that sort of thing. The only thing I could find them saying is to pay attention to the way the game fades into scenes.

Have you considered putting a bullet in your brain?

maybe Skyrim and Fallout 4 are more up to your speed.

I think I've seen that.
He goes on about how it's a statement about the dehumanizing effects of gaming or some shit.

Kill yourself, my man.

The gameplay was complete garbage though

SO:TL is a shit game, user. Remove its "deep" story from the equation and you've got a bad third-person shooter.

I should be called an asshole for the things I chose to do in a videogame, not because the game railroaded me into doing something. The gameplay was also complete uninspired ass, and had barely any of the environmental bullshit they kept advertising in the leadup to release.

The only thing you've said that didn't sound like soyim tears.

Like pottery.

Just how bad was the cuckchan exodus? Half the people here type like they're fresh out of reddit.

Okay, I didn't really play that or Lisa the First, I just watched somebody else play them on youtube because the woman who made Depression Quest is an unpleasant bitch and I find the game itself to be inaccurate in its depiction of depression. Also, everything in Lisa the First can be seen in about an hour and I only watched it to get context for Lisa the Painful as quickly as possible without having to deal with the spiders.

second life

… this is why I'm afraid to find work. This and working retail for years.

>tfw you still have nightmares about having a job
>tfw you can't survive without one

I dont remember the name of pic related, but it's about autism on a kid wich is a condition and not illness

A lot of people suffering from chronic physical disease are basically schizoids in that context, they are in real life. Hotwheels is a "functioning schizoid".

It was a RPG maker game an user was playing through and posting screenshots for general lols as far as I remember
Don't think it was on Steam

As someone with a chronic illness you're wrong. Thoughts of suicide aren't common because you're too busy dealing with shit to even consider death.

It's a walking sim where you can't die.

When you're given relief or clarity through herbs or kike medicine and teeter from it the thoughts can jump into your head.

that's a plus i guess

Yep.

It's on Steam.

store.steampowered.com/app/511630/Max_an_Autistic_Journey/

I always have clarity faggot. Unless I've been in agony for like 12 hours death isn't an option ever and even then there's options

Underhell has you play as an action hero who turns out to be a brain-damaged schizophrenic.
Too bad chapter 2's never coming out :^)

Good thing that your issues can be covered up I guess.

This isn't really related, but… pic related.

Now I know why CIA glow in the dark.

kek

Anyway,
I haven't played it, but if it drops to a reasonable price I may get it. The story seems interesting,

I'd recommend trying out NAC and taking b-complexes like amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-B-right-Supports-Cardiovascular/dp/B0016003Z0 to any suffering schizoids, vitamin deficiencies can and will fuck you up.

Skyrim is a hell of a lot more entertaining than SJW Ops

Hi Todd

I've seen Holla Forums bashing this shit, what's so bad about it? Maybe because the devs are full of shit and they made shitty DmC?

But that's literally what the fuck is going on. The world is sick and degenerate, moreso now than ever, and it honestly needs a good Minister of Chlorine like Postal Dude.

Schizophrenia can be caused by multiple symptoms. :^)

Ninja theories entire catalog is the same edgy shit. DmC was just a good brand name given to it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I developed schizophrenia later on in life.

Because it's a shitty third person game with button mashing combat and retarded puzzles.

Having a healthy, homogenous society saves the later generations from suffering that fate.

I'm quietly crying of laughter reading this in the postoffice.

Consider some horror games.

God damnit

You best start believing in bait threads, you're posting in one!

8ch has officially hit its record low.

The gook kike put malware on the cuckshed so I wouldn't be surprised.

You might want to visit a shrink, I think your life also has a protagonist with a psychological disorder.

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Are you really surprised at this point?

Killer7

Hitman: Contracts
The Cat Lady
Deadly Premonition
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

what book