Western-styled games made by Japs

Now we all love our anime-styled games, but let's talk about a stylistic that many people here probably enjoy a lot. Western-styled games that are made by Japs. It's always a nice thing to play a game that could totally pass as a game made by westerners but has this typical Japanese stench to it. Silent Hill is a great example of that.

Dragon's Dogma

There's no pozz in the game so how is it (((Western))) styled?

Why did you spoiler that? Is Dragon's Dogma controversial or something?

Souls games
Fire Emblem series before 13
Castlevania series

The funny thing is that Silent Hill captures what so many western Indie games try to and doesn't come across as pretentious.

There's symbolism, and average as fuck main character in every entry, and a 2 deep 4 you story that doesn't present itself that way.

Those games were always very Japanese.

Have you fucking played them at all? Or even took anything beyond a cursory look at the games?

It does humor better too. Usually when you have a character cracking wise in a horror game, it's insufferable, but the few times it happens here, it just feels right.

Western styled games by japs are absolute fucking garbage. I mean, how can you expect them to understand white people, they can't even speak english. The ones made by Slavs and Turks are really good though.

Western games need to be kosher to compete. If the Japs can't be kosher, then there is no sense in them competing with the western games.

Fuck white people!

honestly I wish anybody would fuck me

its also chock full of pop cultural references

Then how come they have a lot of pretty boys and traps.

The atmosphere is perfect, but we all have to objectively agree that the gameplay, dialogue, and characters are garbage.

Do you even know what the game is you degenerate?

Why?
What does that have to do with making a good game?

Fuck off, you goddamn degenerate.

gay

They're always garbage at imitating white culture I mean.

I guess I can agree on that, even though it doesn't matter to me.

OP said games that "could totally pass as a game made by westerners". Well, the japs are literally incapable of that.

That was an exaggeration user.

You always get something funny/weird/interesting when you see one culture try to imitate another one with absolutely 0 understanding of it at all.

Only applies to black people. When the japs do it, it's just cringeworthy.

Vagrant Story

Binary domain.
MGS5
That spess FPS where the MC has a white master chief suit and slides everywhere.

They are based around the aesthetics of fantasy anime, from the style of character design down to the writing. 80s-90s fantasy anime and manga is derivative of western fantasy, but the nips do indeed have their own touches to the genre. The newer games aren't nearly as good, mostly because they're dumbed down for a larger audience, but you're one of the no effort critics clearly going for the "muh waifushit killed fire emblem" lines. And like an effortless critique parroted from other posters, you didn't explain your reasoning without going on a baseless attack. I'm not that user but you niggers need to fuck off to cuckchan if you want to post like retards and sperg out when you get called on it.

The kangz thing is never weird/interesting just funny.

check your previllege cis scum

Because their ideas of what a gay man looks like is practically the opposite of the West

If you lump it in with stylistic indie stuff from the indie golden age a few years back.

That was not intended to be political, I swear.

What’s a Metal Gear?

>>>/out/

Show your pussy.

To clarify for that user, in moon land they think you're gay if you are "too masculine." To us, you're gay if you are a pretty boy faggot. Too much soy tbh.

Not at all. Compare any Fire Emblem faction with Hoshido from fates.

The first one was based on Greek Mythology (hence why Marth was named Mars) and the 2nd-12th were based in Europe.

wut

But that's not at all what the thread is about, the exact game OP listed was great example.
Why must you shitpost poorly?

Dead Rising 1 is a good exemple, it's obviously based on Romero's Dawn of the Dead in the setting but game design wise it feels like a japanese game, I can't really explain it.
Also Frank is a very endearing character even though I'm sure the design doc for him was "make him average looking".

again, the aesthetics of the game is completely anime fantasy

It's not a western styled game in any way. The other faggot is right.

Oh, there is a new game out!
Holla Forums- Ok, but witch race made this. Because if it's some race that i don't like, the game won't be good.
This is so autistic that i doubt the anons that post this shit are like that on real life, it's just not possible…
The good posts are disappearing and instead the number of retarded posts are going though the roof…smh

oh boy. Go away, you aren't even white.

It's not race, it's style, and you're an idiot.

go fuck yourself

So you guys are not baiting, you are indeed that autistic to look which race did each game to see if the race "matched" the style…Impressive

You're a fucking retard.

What the fuck?
Name three traps from Silent Hill. You can't because you're full of shit
Depends on which SH you're talking about.

Confirmed for having never played a Silent Hill title.

Pussy or GTFO.
If not girl, also GTFO.

unsurprisingly, the only good SH games are Japanese ones.

The big head scientist Yakub thing is hilarious af. Also, funk music is a black appropriation of rock and jazz music, and it's still the best subgenre of rock ever.

Not SH in particular. Games like Fire Emblem are full of fags.

I'm not saying that they didn't put their spin on it, just that it was based on a western setting as opposed to an eastern one like the Hoshido faction from Fates. In Gaiden, it had a Japanese character called Kamui.

You know Samurai Jack is western despite having katanas and eastern spirits? Same with FE.

"Oh, there is a new game out!

Holla Forums- Ok, but witch race made this. Because if it's some race that i don't like, the game won't be good."
Deal with it.
Also; whenever we don't like the niggers or other non-white races in a game, most of us will mobilize to ensure that the game flops. Deal with it too.

Someone is salty that the new wolfenstein flopped.

Not just him, but the feminst whales and apes that will never make their bullshit be accepted.
No niggers in games.

Murasa is a girl, homo.

Back in the late 90's, this was my bag. Seeing Japan's, or an outsiders, take on foreign cultures was quite interesting. What was picked up on or missed or empathized spoke more about their own culture than what they were trying to capture. However, this process boiled down some archetypes and essences that made things super comfy. Parasite Eve 1 and 2 and Silent Hills 1-4 were so down right interesting to play for these reasons. The series Resistance had some shared boiling down in their alternative history and settings, the sawmill map was particularly cool.

By that logic 90% of all JRPGs are western style games.

Because the ones who made had actual talent?

>>>/out/

Only whites have the capacity for talent, retard

English is barely even a language, being a mongrel bastard of the entire european language family conceived for the convenience of trade.