What are the most nuttiest, insane self-imposed challenges you've seen? bonus points if it's documented on the net

what are the most nuttiest, insane self-imposed challenges you've seen? bonus points if it's documented on the net

Doing a solo-berserker run for FF5 is one that impresses me to this day sullla.com/FF/berserker1.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnFYuYwRteIM2yQv1nDmK3BL6vLZ2cSY3
archive.is/g8VYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1cc any touhou game above normal difficulty

SHILLLLLL

half an A press

god you're such retards sometimes. it's a fucking innocuous 1.0 website that is probably as old as you

o fuk

I know somebody who beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse while limiting themselves to the retarded power kick attack that is fucking useless.

For some reason I feel that Fallout 1 & 2 were meant to be played iron man.
Every playthrough I've done of those games, including my blind playthrough, have been permadeath. The farthest I've ever made it was the end of Necropolis before a Supermutant for me.
But it doesn't really upset me because that's just how I feel like they should be played; I guess I think of them as rouge-likes for some reason.

I'm pretty insane for attempting to beat Terraria on a no-death rule Hardcore character on Expert. Even worse, I don't even try to practice/learn the game on software/mediumcore first.

Beat the arcade version of Gradius III. Simply beat it.

I don't see why you think that's how they were meant to be played. The games have an utter bullshit critical hit system that can give game over with just about any amount of armor or hit points. They were quite clearly meant to be savescummed through. There's even a quicksave and quickload hotkey.

Complete Kingom Hearts playthrough. All games. After every major checkpoint(Beating a world, completing a mission) you must read through one comic on Smackjeevws featuring a character with a Keyblade.

The nuttiest, most insane self-imposed challenges are the ones that don't seem any fun and are only attempted by autistic people, such as

I think a more interesting question is perhaps what is the craziest challenge you've seen that still looks enjoyable?

I once went through the Fire Temple on a minimalist run with only 3 hearts and no Goron Tunic. Beating Volvagia with that small time limit was quite a feat, I had to make extensive use of the fact that the heat timer freezes briefly when backflipping. It's far and away the hardest part of a minimalist playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

Oh, that's probably the Rocketlocke Challenge. Fun stuff, but it depends on your opinion of MemeLocke Shit.

I've never understood the appeal of this "Nuzlocke" shit to be honest. I realize it's extremely difficult to make Pokemon challenging, but maybe it's better just to look for a better game?

Lvl1 FFXII Zodiac is fucking hard unless you make every character a monk/bushi and stack them health buffs.

I remember a crazy one I actually pulled off after many years. Can't talk about it though because it might ID me.

I remember playing pokemon many times with few if any of them ever being knocked out. I guess the point is to move it up from a childrens game to just a casual game? Randomizes might spice it up though.

Is this shitposting?

_yes_

very nice

This guy doing a true 100%+ run of San Andreas.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnFYuYwRteIM2yQv1nDmK3BL6vLZ2cSY3

I beat DCSS with a Naga Fighter, which is arguably a pretty trash race/class combination, but nagas are fucking cool man and I wanted to make it work.

Here user
archive.is/g8VYQ

kill yourself fag

I do it on my older mon games to give them some spice. Its actually great, all of those shitmons I never cared about or would never use end up being total bros.
right up until they die

No assassinations Charlemagne to endgame CK2

My best run was in Gold/Silver started when I managed to snag a Geodude off of the one-way route. Named him Detritus, and he was my frontrunner in the first few gyms.
Ever tried a SmackLocke? Every time a Pokemon dies in your Nuzlocke you've gotta read through an entire Nuzlocke comic on Smackjeeves. If you can make it through without killing yourself, you can officially wave your dick around on Holla Forums

Jesus I bet the last century ran like shit.

Paper Mario TTYD
Double Pain
No powering up partners
no extra health
no extra fp
no power up badges
no defense up badges
no luck badges

Its all counters and item use. Coins become very important, complete opposite of being useless since items are used for CC and damage.

Leveling up becomes detrimental eventually, because you don't want the stage to upgrade to Max (because there is a chance it may damage mario for higher damage)

Last boss is pretty much a DPS race with a mixture of Boo's Sheets and Star Storm items.

Wished I had recorded it.

pleb.

I'm disappointed.

Complete madness

The Freelancer solo run was way more impressive, this one was just autistic and dumb.

A popular thing to do with the Football Manager games (before they went Soyboy/Numale on us) was to "LLM". As in Lower League Management. Which mean't that you took over a team in the lowest division and you had to play it as real as possible. Which mean't, no signing of players because you knew their names beforehand, no scouts and therefore no access to watching their abilities. If you wanted to sign someone, you had to watch them play good themselves. Since it's a spreadsheet simulator, things gets way harder and it's not unusual it takes 10-20 seasons before finding any success, especially hard since you have to keep the financials in check aswell.

Shake my fucking head.

I couldn't find the version without commentary

I've done this on all the X games as well. Don't know why this guy is a celebrity.

No-hit challenge on all the Dark Souls games in row as fast as possible with getting hit meaning having to start all over

Forgot to mention that all bosses have to be defeated per game

I can see how this was done and it's very impressive. Although the cubes show up at a vertical position randomly, there is a set order of which ones will track the player and which ones won't (i.e., the tracking cubes are 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, etc.). I stop bothering at the 20th or so; by then you usually have enough cubes to build a protective wall around you. Doing this without making a wall involves knowing the exact ordered numbers of cubes that are going to track you and anticipating their attacks in a very impressive feat of memorization (it's a mess, there is no real pattern to help you memorize it).

I have no doubt that this video was made spending hours and hours reloading a save state, but it's still pretty neat. If you go into the next level or even the boss right after this with all those speed ups you're probably going to die.

And dying at the start of the next stage and losing all your power-ups is a highly probable game over because it's so difficult to recover there. The cube rush itself is ironically one of the easier checkpoints to recover in the game (so you can enjoy pulling your hair out retrying to cube rush a dozen times or so each playthrough).

what did they do to it? how can you pozz a game about managing football clubs?

By appealing to the soyboys who wanted to use Iphones and Macbooks instead of computers to play the game. Thus making it into a "graphical" experience instead of an autistic statistics-simulator and with that they also dumbed down the tactics-creator to the point of just a few variation of the same tactics instead of basically make whatever crazy tactic you can think of.

They also added in gay-couples in the latest version.

Solo runs in dungeon crawlers. I did a solo NG run of SOSC, it took some grinding but it's been fun dealing with roadblocks.

Challenge runs with unusual controllers / input methods are always good shit, but I have a soft spot for any that involve the Donkey Konga bongo controllers.
Each half of each drum is mapped to the Gamecube's face buttons, ABXY, which was just enough to let me beat Arcade mode in Soul Calibur II back in the day. Nowadays, people are able to hook up multiple bongos and re-map the inputs; someone did a Breath of the Wild playthrough this way.

I beat Skyrim on a MacBook air mid-2012, Bootcamped to Windows. Does dealing with That count as a challenge?

I saw someone playing a total fucking idiot run of total war where the challenge is player tries to beat grand campaign but cannot win any battles.

In games that have shared progression, do they usually do it completely fresh, or can they use a character with an established world?

Immortal Pacifist (no damage taken nor any kills) run in Iji 1.7 I can't get past sector 3

I have a tip for you: to get the "immortal" rank, you don't actually have to take 0 damage. You have to take less than 100 over the whole game. Or maybe it was less than 50? Either way it's not a "you fuck up once and have to start the whole level over" situation.

Great contribution friend.

A button challenges of any game are a ton of fun. There's four videos in this series. apparently, in his quest to cut down on A presses, he figured out a trick that actually helped speedrunners cut time down too. Funny how that works.

Not sure about the nuttiest possible, but playing through GTA games with One Hit KO mods is pretty challenging. A gust of wind can take you out, figuratively speaking.

Please

not really a celebrity, but he's somewhat popular because of more masochistic challenges and his deadpan trashtalking.

Sounds like it would’ve been a good stream

I play online FPS's with a triple-digit ping. Does that count?

are you a masochist, or is that bait?

Little bit of a masochist, but that's separate from this. I'm a Shitty-Webcomics enthusiast, finding the ones that qualify as being so bad they're good, or so entertainingly bad because they're fun to mock.

I played Time Nikki while riding the swivel chair.

*Yume Nikki