Lets clear some shit up here

When is buying a game okay?
1. If the money goes directly to the developing part and or the publisher is the developing company aka an outer branch of said company.
That's it, the is the only rule.
When is it not okay to buy a game?
This is were you come in user. After reading through the GoG/Steam Winter sales it was disheartening to see anons actually giving money to shit that is either abandonware and or AAA shit. What was even worse there was no real argument outside of "I AM A PIRATE MOMMY!". I fully agree that if you want to pirate, go for it. Some actual discussion around this would be pretty interesting. Maybe a basic Holla Forums Holla Forums guide line for newfags? Basic rules?
1. Buying AAA games (Ubisoft, Blizzard, EA, Activison, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo).
2. Said game is abandon and is not longer being supported by the original developers or publishers.
3. (Questionable) Having to use a middle man to get said game, like Steam, GoG, a downloader.
4. Has Devuno or whatever the fuck it is called.
5. Is Early Access.
I am sure there are loads more but my autism shut off.

When it’s free.
When it’s developed by leftists.

You are contributing nothing to hobby and or thread. Good job, I am sure your parents are proud.

No, it's only okay if the company is privately owned and small enough that a few hundred sales matter or indie. In any other case every penny you pay goes into some fucking suit who has nothing to do with actually making games pockets. Any money you pay into the industry should go towards supporting smaller businesses and indies. Same goes for Music, fuck the mainstream music and games industries, only buy things when you're supporting people directly. Giving money to corps is the most goyimistic act known to man.

That is what my first argument was, only giving money directly to the development party. But some "indie" and or small developing teams can have a small publishing company so they don't have to deal with the bigger companies.

1 - When I damn well want to
That's it, you fucking communist.

It’s a hobby. You inherently don’t contribute to them. I refuse to contribute to an industry that is nothing more than yet another propaganda wing of a group who seeks my genocide.
Thread’s shit; lurk more next time.
No prob, faggot. How’s about mentioning the ideological subversion of the gaming industry next time? How about even talking about fake difficulties and hand-holding as the industry has become casualized? Casualization, mind, caused by the purposeful pandering to the lowest common denominator of human being rather than those who actually find joy and challenge from a game.
Project your own inadequacies onto someone else.

and?

This is the only answer necessary.

Stop derailing with political bullshit, enjoy the ban.

Holy fucking christ, go back to Reddit and suck leftist cock there, you stupid motherfucker.

if you wanted people to get banned you should've made a nintendo thread.

1. If the developer is worthy, alive and will be receiving the money.
2. If there is no DRM or other intrusive and inconvenient methods in the game that would render a pirate copy superior.
3. If it has sold like hotcakes already, not buying is acceptable.

Shame most studios don't have that anymore. I remember an age when you used to be able to buy games directly from the developer's website if you wanted to guarantee the maximum amount of money possible went to them.

Can you name some developers that you think are alive and worth receiving mone?

Also, thank fuck for filtering faggots who just want to shitpost/derail threads.

Reminds me of Apogee and other old Dos/PC developers. Shareware was kinda a cool idea.

Never.

Why would we want to help newfags? They are supposed to be bullied until they fuck off or learn to lurk for awhile.

eh not really, maybe someone else can

Listen, honey. Companies are bad. Don't give them money.

If it's an a-political studio making a game for one of the obscure genres I like.

When it's a massive AAA factory shitting out leftwing propoganda.

Your honor, I bought Ghost Recon Wildlands a few months ago because I had fun with it for a few hours only to have it be the game I regret purchasing the most but didn't get Automota because it has Denuvo.

When the game is enjoyable.

If you like it then pay for it, if you don't like it, don't pay for it. It's the simplest fucking rule around.

Then why are you still here?

Okay.

I agree to some sense but "Enjoyable" is pretty fucking subjective.

Digital Confectioners
Team Cherry
Red Hook Studios
Yacht Club Games
Studio Pixel
Colossal Order
Behemoth
Unknown Worlds Entertainment
Defiant Development (At least in regards to the Hand of Fate series, their older mobile shit can die in a fire)
Cellar Door Games (In regards to Rogue Legacy and everything after)
Studio HG

Newfag confirmed.

No shit it's subjective, that's kind of the fucking point to it all though - buy the stuff YOU enjoy.

Platinum Games
Spike Chunsoft
Team Cherry
Atlus (a bit iffier on them)
CDPR (same as above)
Nihon Falcom
Sega (iffier than the others)
Gust
Bamco (when they don't censor or DRM)
Housemarque
Arcsys (unsure about this one, either them or Aksys or both was shit)
Fromsoft is okay
Larian Studios was okay iirc
Marvelous, but they're jewey with DLC
Those were some off the top of my head

Newfags trying to out newfags is cute. Lurk moar

who died and made you king of "when to buy vidya"?

What ever happened to that "okay devs and studios" chart?
We had a whole damn thread about that.

first day at work down at ol'vulva?

Think the OP of that thread went full "only buy Japanese games and visual novels" or had a very strong bias and was ignoring anons trying to contribute.

No one.

Filtered XD

When you fucking feel like buying or not buying a game. It's not rocket science.

Sage isn't a downvote.

This entire thread is political you numbskull, you are discussing grassroots activism via economic force. Get over it.

Thanks for changing your ip.

shit thread now check em

No, but it's appropriate when you don't want to bump the thread and you aren't contributing to the topic. Fuck off with your regurgitated bullshit.

indeed it's an old wise man

When I want to play a fun game. Fucking poorfags.

You sage a thread to not bump it. Did you just come in from Reddit?

I'm a simple man, I see a thread with Todd Howard, I click.

The only two reasonable people in this entire damn thread.

Acting like an SJW right now. "Dissent must be 1 guy with 11 sock puppet accounts!"

Fun is subjective, try harder.

Dedicated dubs thread

Bethesda must have been a chill place to work on before Morrowind got released.

hey,it's common knowledge that Holla Forums really is the same 10, people posting one chaika autist which is Mark

If you want free market capitalism to thrive:

Buy good games.
Pirate shitty games.

Unfortunately, the vast masses of consumers are retards that buy shitty games, giving shitty developers incentive to keep making shitty games.

Apparently it really wasn't.
Have you watched the three hour interview with Julian Lefay?

Doesn't matter.

Vid Related to your stupidity

Finally someone with common sense

Buy what you want. Generally if ain't worth buying, it ain't worth paying.

Fucking nice.

->>14028704
Did you come from the GOG winter sale thread? Were the one posting epic anime girls or the buyfaggot arguing with him?
What? Should I buy my games directly, first handed from the lead developer himself?

If you're going to pirate a game, do it. Don't try to justify piracy with some pseudo-moral bullshit or try to find loopholes in the legal system. Have some balls. And if you're a buyfag; Don't let some anonimoos retard tell you what you can and can't buy. His not your mother. If you really feel like being a good little goy and buy the latest triple A, tasteless timedump from Stream for 60$, do it. It's your goddamn money.

Are you okay user?

Yeah.
It was pretty funny. Kind of like watching the Mark Hamill interviews with the "this is not my Luke Skywalker". LeFay talking about "Todd's Elder Scrolls" is both kind of funny and kind of sad.

I'd still get stoned with Kirkbride in his library/drug-coffin. Probably one of the only people in the world I would being willing to do that with.

I will blame this entirely on my shit chinese keyboard.

The question is, what kind of design do you agree with? Todds linear design or Julian's open world design?

that chart was almost pointless because it had a "jew corner" which put shit like Squeenix and Jewtendo there

Just jumping off this, since remasters, re-releases, and HD Remakes are all the rage right now: Keep an eye out for any company dragging around a zombie IP. The Okami HD remaster, for instance, is a twice recycled bastardization of the original version of the game, whose studio was closed down by Capcom not long after Okami's initial release. Clover studios is no more, and buying Okami in any way where that money is funneled back towards Capcom means you are paying them for work they did not do for a game they did not support well enough when it came out, with a team that they skullfucked for petty reasons.

Pirate that shit.

I still have a ps2 slim in my closet along with most of my ps1/ps2 games. I stopped giving a shit about consoles when the Wii came out.

I dunno, are you? You're the one with 13 replies so far. But to answer you question, no. How many times have we had this "is piracy ok?" thread? Just this year I can number you at least 5. It's one of those indecisive topics that anons can't agree on.

You people truly disgust me. If fags like you would stop supporting kikery the industry wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is today.

Piracy is okay, the discussion is when is it okay to buy a game.

I still have not played the Witcher series, what is the appeal?

What have you done today to bring down the empire user?
keep up the good fight user!