Where da vidya at?

Remember how cancerous the last generation of console games was? How is it that this generation managed to not only be more cancerous but have even less games?
Based on this, what do you guys think the next generation will be like? How will they manage to top this generations cancer/lack of games?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/J7F5l
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I remember dude bros being a big problem. I dont know where they went but at least they played video games, a lot better than the SJW circlejerk we have nowadays.

Old days look so much roser compared to the shit we're wading in today.

Make it so that you have to pay money every month just so you can play your games online.
Oh wait they already did that.
Ok, make it so that you have to buy a new version of the same console every year just to be able to play the same at 30FPS.
Oh wait they already did that.
I know, force motion controls on your console to the point where your console literally wont turn on unless you waggle.
Oh wait, they already did that.
I know, disable used games by making it so you can only buy new games.
Oh wait, they already did that.
Can anyone think of any other ideas?

Dude bros got replaced by Weeaboos which are even worse. Overwatch replaced COD as the big normalfag game. They both take the same amount of skill but Overwatch has shitty memes forced into their game and loot boxes.

Oh and on top of this the Chinese are swarming the industry eating shit like League, Overwatch and PUBG in droves.

I've been enjoying plenty of new releases. Must suck to b a hipster op

So are you a Numale or a Chink?

How much so in comparison to previous generations?
"Officially" he XB1 has 200 more games than the 360, and the PS4 has the same the same amount of games as the PS3 (Not counting backwards comparability and not accounting for how many of them are ports/remasters/remakes).
IDK, but Nintendo seems to be hitting things off with a good start.
Let me just say this, you ever exactly defined what is cancerous over previous generations.

Soyboy

Next generation is going to be all games as a service and they're all going to require PS+ or XBL even if they're single player games

DLC

Yeah, if you count small indie games and DLC.
Sorry, I assumed most people here weren't underage.

Shovelware, its all shovelware or multiplat.

Next generation consoles will be Allwinner SoCs with no disc drives or HDDs, they'll just stream everything from the cloud to your mandatory 4K120HDRBBQ smart Television.
It makes piracy impossible and the average paying customer has nothing worth hiding anyhow :^)

This gen is much, much better than last gen in terms of the amount of good games available. This year alone is better than the entirety of the last generation.

As for next gen, I'm hoping Sony and MS both leave the hardware market and just put the PSN on PC and Xbone shit on the MS Store to compete with Steam.

The consoles themselves and their monetization are absolute shit though.

PS4 is at least fast as fuck and due to the mandatory installs (which admittedly are fucking horrible) load times have been greatly reduced. Xbone X also seems to be a pretty good value for its performance. I miss the days when you just popped a game in and played, hopefully if there are new consoles they go the route Nintendo did and use something flash-based instead of optical media.

The monetization, though, I agree. I don't see that getting any better.

Not only that but the hardware was shit from the get go and they were sold at a profit instead of a loss like the PS3/360.
So much that they now rereleases the same console with a straight but really small upgrade which is even more novel kike tier shit

That's what they said seven years ago about then-incoming current gen

they grew up and got jobs, now we're left with weebs and children, sjws don't play video games

The only good console game to come out this year on the ps4 or xbone is gravity rush user. That is fucking it. How is that better than anything? The ps3 and 360 by this point in their life had Bayonetta, DMC 4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Gaylo, Viva pinata, ect and that is just off the top of my head.

You are so new it hurts.

And what is that user? The last 2 gens have been cancer, that's a fact.

GOON

Mad weeb spotted.
Weeaboos are worse. Weebs play League of Legends, Overwatch and shitty korean MMOs which are far more cancerous than dude bros shit.

oh boy did gamezard wander out of his containment thread?

Are you just calling everyone you dislike a weeb, regardless of whether it makes any sense?

He's right though. Weebs love Overwatch. Overwatch and League have shitty anime references that they love. These videogames are like all of those shitty early 2000nds anime like cartoons you would see on tv. You don't understand that most underage weebs eat this shit up.

These are also games played by Chinks and Koreans who themselves have been trying to copy japan for years.

blizzard fans aren't weebs, and you're demonstrating you don't know what the word means.

I'm using the term right faggot. Weebs love both Jap shit and poor imitations of Jap shit because they have no taste. Source: I used to go to an anime club in middle school where they would love drawing poor anime like drawings and read pic related.
I bet a good 50% of the anons in this thread remember pic related too.

Feels more like he's trying to force yet another change in the meaning of the word. Looks like he wants it to mean someone who watched Attack on Titan/SAO and maybe played Persona/Dangan Ronpa and considers himself a hardcore fan of Japanese things. Sort of like gamer girl, but for anime stuff.

yes yes, we all remember megatokyo and how much of an internet oldfag™ you must be in order to know about gay web comics from the mid 2000s. blizzard fans aren't weebs. there's some overlap, but you're being incredibly retarded.

A lot of weebs take Japanese imitations just like they would real Jap shit.

Those are not weebs, that's the "Bazinga!" crowd who will buy anything everything just to stay "hip" and "Because muh e-celeb mentioned it", even if the thing is the smelliest shit on Earth.

The fact that you are so offended makes you think you self identify as one.

7th gen was shit and 8th gen is just a continuation. Last gen had some games with plenty of discussion and OC here, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, TF2, FO:NV and MG:R. But everything else is the fucking same as now. At least now we're finally getting non-shit indies and some japanese games.

Mobileshit is still shit
PC Gaming is big boy mobileshit for redditors and chinks
Consoles die in the west for good, only japan and a few surrounding countries play on consoles anymore
Probably a second Nintendo monopoly if Sony dies as a western company and Microsoft shuts down xbox to run away to PC.

Last Gen didn't have nearly as many P2W loot boxes, Overwatch clones and like you said actually had some games worth discussing.

Weebshit is usually the best kind of games on average.

References don't even come close to why people like that garbage. Otaku faggots don't play that shit.
Not even close, those kinds of people would be playing DB Xenoverse 2

Overkike is a Disney imitation, nuPixar-tier.

Who cares, it's still a joke compared to previous gens, the day that 7th gen gets considered as good and innovative as 5th or 6th gen is the day this place becomes fucking reddit.

Lol, No. I can see you are an upset weeb. It's ok, suicide is the answer user.

No one is saying the last gen was good, only that it's better than this one which means the next one will likely be even worse.

Not an argument, you ran out of retarded shit to say it seems.

thanks net neutrality repeal, no free rides for that data anymore.

Games as a Service is the future of gaming. It's already started and will only get worse. Also "Streamer Games" will get even more common in the next few years. PUBG's success mainly comes down to how good of a game it is to stream.

just because this retard doesn't know what weebs are doesn't mean they aren't cancerous
Look at the Fire Emblem Heroes and Fates community if you want an example of cancerous weaboos

Nah, I already proved my points a while ago and the mad weebs being butthurt don't mean anything.

That's definitely coming, but it'll be a while yet considering the state of American internet. Elsewhere it may be viable, but not in the US.

As a stop gap, games will be digital only, and will come with limited licenses - so that when you pay $60 for a game, that's only for one or two years, and if you want to play it after that - you have to pay to renew your license.

If you lived in America you'd realize that we got data capped out the ass after the kike version of Net Neutrality was forcibly passed by the nigger.

Communists are communists no matter the community, they're all subhuman niggers. Weeb commies are no exception.

No, you're retarded and you're doubling down. Overkike is a Disney rip off. These people if influenced by 2000s anime would be watching and playing different games. Finally you did not even substantiate your claims with any sort of evidence.

I don't see anyone apologizing for that hot garbage. And I mean the people who play such shitty games.

Cuckchan, cuckchan, go away
With your botnet full of gay
Your hive of faggots all with names
Here on fullchan we play games.

Well, at least, used to play games. Anywho, I gave up on PC for the most part, as I can't be assed to pirate seriously, and I just get shit for $5 for PS3 and PS4 without having to replace my aging video card with something my ancient motherboard would choke on.

You sir are a dumb fuck, everything Pixar made must be also "Anime-like"

Maybe if Pixar had shitty anime skins for their games.

There just isn't much passion from the consumers and developers, and the producers are getting to comfortable with their money. To be fair, video game as a medium has never matured past Todd Howard's vision of what video games should be.

Settle down autistic faggots.

The character design is mostly based on pixar with some anime influence, but the characters themselves are JRPG characters.

What did you expect from such a lazy fucking thread?

In what way? An example would be nice.

In what way of what?

Oh yeah, they're diverse characters from diverse background and theme mashed up together in a cartoony way in one game. Like Chrono Trigger and other JRPG's.

for once, OP is the only one in the thread who isn't a faggot. this whole thread needs to go in the oven.

How does that in any way change anything? It's a western game purposely trying to appeal to weebs like League does. Why are you offended by me attacking weebs? Are you a weeb?

Oh and they self promote themselves at anime conventions and have a bring presence there. They are going after the weeb crowd and it's working.

Oh, so a lot of random games and no real correlation to tropes then?

Uh hello? Weeaboos are such a tiny minority of the fucking market that such is just an extra attempt to get more shekels. Overkike is an amalgamation of everything wrong with western media, period. They didn't "replace" the dude bros like you implied you retarded goon.

You say that and yet Dude bro games are selling worse and worse each year.

But anime was a Disney ripoff after America nuked the Japs and ran the country.

2018 will be there year

Everything is selling worse and worse every year. Isn't it lovely? But while you lie to yourself about the state of affairs here,
archive.is/J7F5l

It looks like the same generic dude bro trash is still here.

Not really. The character setup is more akin to jrpg.

The fanbase that keeps buying those sports titles are always the worst due to keeping kikes like EA alive. With the SJW stuff, it'll just slowly kill the companies which they deserve.

AAA has absorbed everything, and the indie market is saturated with pretentious dog shit or just dog shit.

The golden days of AA are dead. There is little passion left in the games industry, it's mostly made up of a bunch of college cunts trying to make a quick buck because they think they're "deep" because they watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos, and it's made up of Jewish executives trying to milk the goyim of their shekels with loot crates, DLC, and microtransactions all while pushing diversity and communism.

Welcome to 2017, where everything you like is now political and the market is steered by a bunch of soyboys.

I'm having fun playing old DS, GBA, and Super Nintendo games. I have a good PC and a Switch, but it's all pretty uninteresting cuphead looks fun, but I'm a wageslave with zero free time.

I have bought practically all the consoles since Atari and i probably won't buy the next generation, aside from a different proposal like switch, i won't get a console that is a peasant pc wannabe. I have those (ps4 and xbone) and they are shitty, aside from a few good games they remain stored on a shelf.

Try harder, mr (20) and counting.

No it's not. Random themes is just an example of poor design, not different classes. Show me some JRPG character influence and or tropes exemplified by Overwatch characters that can't be linked to how blue haired women think people are like.

I disagree. Both OP and you also qualify there.

Anime and Overwatch are two different Disney rip-offs that are mostly independent of each other. And anime soon drifted off in its own directions, sometimes no longer resembling Disney one bit besides sharing the same medium.

Forgot the pic.

I disagree.

consoles are shit, even the previous generation, quick rundown:
Mario and Zelda
same old franchises from forever and pointless since everything is pretty ported

I see people shitting on steam the likes, when new-gen consoles are literally botnet boxes with only a external casing separating one from the other

Dudebros = FUCKING WHITE MALES
It was an early sjw narrative and you swallowed it up.

i think a thing

Feel free to go back to 4chan where you will enjoy the western gayming community much better

Pretty dedicated

heres your reply

You're retarded if you truly believe that.

So? Are you implying that all anime features Uguu faces? And sage if we are to discuss anything off-topic to the OP.

Pathetic

Try Umaru
Also
Nigger please, still some great shit out there, but most of it is completely fucked

That image is from eons ago. Note that it also used FMA, which is from 2003. I seem to recall that there were videos by the same guy which caused arguments on /a/ back in the day.

My man can i just fuck you in the ass to get this over with

What the fuck are you talking about?
Where did I mention OVAs?
If anything OVAs are the only things worth a fucking dick nowadays.

what, you don't know what the bubble era was and why using OVAs from it as a comparison to TV anime is disingenuous?

WEW
Even the OVAs back then were better than the OVAs we get toda

yeah, because there was a market for it back then
40k of anime lol

This

Already happening with Operating Systems and you should install gentoo

Nah, anime should strive to look like it has a budget even on shoestrings.

it usually does, I think most people would say anime in the early-mid 2000's was particularly unappealing as the industry was finding itself during the transition to digital production. The image is pretty awful and obvious bait. If you want to have a real discussion on the quality of anime and how it's changed focus and shifted around, by all means, but if you just want to be a shitposting nigger, you'll end up having to take a break.

It was cancer from even before it launched, with the always online deal with it. It was largely xbox's fault, and sony got off easy and thus never felt pressured to release a large quality library hence the bloodborne machince meme.
This PS4 4 pro and Xbox One X business pretty much assures I'll never buy another console again until it's been out for four years.
Despite all this, the lack of games was the biggest problem. That is the real issue more than the hardware. That said, I expect the next generation to be nearly everything this one was but much better hardware due to the continuation of the one upping going on right now all because of the xbone weakness right out of the gate.

The peak of shit eating weeaboo /a/utists right here.

I want halfchan to leave.

Those people are playing smart phone games now. Or like Tinder and shit.

The only problem with that is that Sony is just as likely to completely fuck up the hardware in future revisions as it is to make it better. The PS2 and PSP got better with each revision, but the PS3 was stripped of features with every incarnation (less USB ports, lost the card readers which were much more useful than people will admit, lost PS2 backwards compatibility, ect.) and the Vita lost the OLED screen that Sony hyped as a selling point of the system in the run up to its launch. Your best bet with Sony systems is to never buy the launch model until Sony reveals the specifics of the hardware revision and get the launch model if it's going to be another downgrade. It's not like there's going to be anything decent to play on it while we wait for the revision specs, anyway.

Your thoughts are like a train, I just thought the cap was funny. I still think that nips need to ATTEMPT to emulate light sources better, Dezaki's shit still looks damn good today.

it sounds like you haven't watched flip flappers, shoujo shuumatsu ryokou, made in abyss or princess principal. All shows which handled light sources quite well. I don't see what point you're making here.

Weeaboos are worse faggot. Normalfags are one thing but weebs are sub human and should be gassed.

How is a manga the 40k of anime?

Isn't made in the abyss super edgy? I didn't watch it when it became clear the kids will get murdered horribly

Filter the goons and laugh at their impotency.

As for the next generation, anything bad that comes with it, we can always ruin everything for the cuck developers and corporations.

no, it's not. It's probably the most grounded anime in a very long time. If anything it's also one of the most innocent anime around.
this also never happened, consider watching it before talking about it.

a letdown so great that made me post in this shit thread

I only made it to show the light sourcing to see if 7bb621 had any contention with how it's handled. cutting off the audio because I just wanted an example would be a bastardization to the soundtrack.

I like how you can hear the performers flipping pages and breathing in Welcome to my World, it may be my favorite song on the OST

You know you don't have to be a goon to hate weebs right? Hating weebs does not mean hating anime and manga.

Is this show worth watching? Wasn't a fan of the art style so I dropped it

I wasn't saying old anime is worse looking than new anime. I was saying I prefer western cartoons.

And the goons expose themselves talking about hating anime when i call them goons without saying anything else.

Fair enough
Western mainstream cartoons are still shit though, they've been watered down since the early days and people still see it as kiddie shit despite all the push against that mentality

Everyone knows you're from cuckchan anyways.

Cuckchan we don't want you here.

Anime can still look good when it tries.

Pick it up again. Starts slow, but ends up being one of the most realistically brutal anime I've seen while of course keeping the ultra-cutesy artstyle.

Can you stop shitposting and avatarfagging and just let the thread go on? Same with the shitty asshurt weeb debate.

Good points. Sort of interesting the Vita games that are coming out without nearly any support from Sony, and when they sell well they get ports to the ps4. Shitty company practice.

They're a straight fucking graphical upgrade you dolt.
Theres no "revision" here, no better fujctional upgrades, just an inflated price for shitty OCed hardware.

damn, i just got owned by a redditer who thinks im from the 4chan. good evasion you little faggot.

Kill yourself you projecting soyboy apologist faggot.

This console generation is literally crippled PCs with all the disadvantage of pcs (internet connection, installing etc.) without any of the advantage (hardware upgrades)

What a perfect over simplification to get reddit karma with

Kill yourself DSP

Too bad he is right butthurt Sony brony.

top jej m80

Retard comparing feature films and 3-episode OVAs with 50+ episode TVs. Go and compare any 80s TV with modern Ghibli or Makoto shinkai or ufioable.

The best cartoons are entertaining for both kids and adults, anyway.

Like Family Guy and the Simpsons, right?

This is also true with vidya

If anything they are a devolution, cutting parts of the game and selling them separately

Well most modern "mecha" shows are shit, and the genre is kinda dead

That's simply not true at all unless you fellate Nintendo as hard as mainstream media does.

I wonder why

Are you implying those shows are good?

Yes it is. A good videogame has good gameplay and teaches its mechanics well. A kid can learn it just like an adult can.

That simply lowers the entry point and no matter how you see it the limits game mechanics and thus complexity of high end gameplay you nigger.
Next you'll tell me Platinum games are complex.

TV advertisement is dead.

Good

I think it's fair to compare a big budget movie like Pocahontas to Gunbuster.

whoa, a fellow rick and morty fan

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Super Mario. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the high level gameplay will go over a typical gamer's head. There’s also Marios nihlistic outlook on gameplay, which is deftly woven into his games, this personal philosophy draws heavily from Donkey Kong, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these games, to realise that they’re not just fun they say something deep about gaming. As a consequence people who dislike Mario and Nintendo truly ARE idiots, of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in TJ Yoshis existential catchphrase "an A press is an A press. You can't say it's only half" which itself is a cryptic reference to pannenkoek2012 epic: "SM64 – Watch for Rolling Rocks – 0.5x A Presses”
I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Miyamotos genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

One of my best friends is like a caricature of a normalfag. He completely dismisses anything fun and colorful as being "for children" and he's excited for shit like Detroit Being Human, The Last of War and Days Gone. I want all this "super mature" cinematic interactive movie shit to die down a bit. It's fine in moderation, but the lack of variety is creating monsters!

(checked)
Literally fucking kill Sony, even the ex Womb Raider devs went to work on their QTEfest Spiderman game.

Fuck, I'd kill Sony just to free up the Starship Troopers license.

If you don't have an internet connection, you don't get to play games, not even single-player ones.

They tried that too…

Cool, I've actually been on a Halifax class frigate.

weeb games are the only modern games that are actually fun for the most part. still playing the good (old) western games is fun, if you weren't a gamer back thne and this stuff is new to you, but for those of us that want to play something actually new, weeb games is where its at.
its the last bastion of originality, difficulty, and fun. they allow much more creativity in their gaming industry, meanwhile we turn out games produced by marketers and board meetings.

Found the butthurt marxist and/or ugly as hell feminist whale.
You are the ones who will be gassed.

No it doesn't. Kids can play complex games just like adults can. Its why you have numale adults losing at cuphead and chink kids playing broodwar.

Sony is a movie company, not a games company. They are even more cancerous than Microsoft

You are getting jap mixed with weeb. Xenoblade 1 isn't weeb, random anime more shit is and has no originality.

Most weebs are obese wells. Only a Marxist hates their race and culture faggot.

Sure thing, next you'll start talking about the complexity of Rubix and Chess.

Multi media and multi services user.
They do much more than movies and Playstation.

That is why i said "in entertainment".
Entertainment does not encompass all culture.
Never said that i hate my own culture also.
This, and talking about being fat out of nowhere = found the butthurt fat marxist that is also projecting.

I too love drinking soy while plaing smite my fellow mustard race brother.

name 10 excellent games between all the latest current gen home consoles

I sure can't

Consoles have been cancerous ever since the original Kikcro$oft Xbox came out, bringing all the pozzed faggot Western devs from PC development with it and making them players in the console game business, thus irrevokably tainting all of gaming for good.

Because you spent the last 10 years replaying stalker, deus ex, doom, max Payne and mount and blade- yearning for the good old days and you don't even know anything that has come out in the past 10 years.

Where's the list fakcot?

Turn-based console JRPGs were my go-to when I had a cold as a kid. I've got a cold now. Fuck if I feel like playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This generation sucks.

There are more GOOD modern-gen games on PS4 than PC. As in, good games released in the past couple years. PC is mostly only good for indie shit these days.

Sure. Nier, nier automata, sonic mania, dark souls, demons souls, bloodborne, nioh, sayonara umihara kawase, stalker call of pripyat. I can name more but you just wanted 10.

That's funny OP. Been playing games all year. Maybe you should find another hobby?

I was going to post something about how western shows has much more fluid animation but then i realized the chart was comparing 80s TV shows, which were a fucking bore to watch.

This
There's a reason why Tom & Jerry is liked everywhere

It can look good, but can it be animated well?
So far, only a handful of animated movies that has managed to do both.

Are you a bit special?

get a load of this console shitter

theres a reason why some animals are able to withstand tumours the size of a closed fist, while some detect pain from them immediately at ones from the size of a pea

/thread