GOG Winter Sale Thread

GOG winter sale thread.
And some of you wonder why they're trying imitate steam more and more. No wonder, if even you still give Steam more attention. Send the right message for a change.

Anyway, I only bought Grim Dawn so far. See if that lives up to the hype.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warlords_Battlecry
gogwiki.com/wiki/Warlords_Battlecry
exult.sourceforge.net/
myabandonware.com/game/sam-max-hit-the-road-1vb
abandonia.com/en/games/17/Day of the Tentacle.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bought Cuphead, its okay but I don't see the big deal.

They are adding actually useful shit like cloud saves or version control. Let me emphasize that. I can actually choose which version of the game to download. On top of still being DRM-free.
I hope they will get bigger to give steam some competition.

Steam has this as well, what are you on about?

also

I've been eyeing Vampire the masquarade bloodlines (now that i've reduced my backlog).
I kind of remind anons advising not to purchase the game, due to the money not going to the developers (like with stalker).
Am I wrong?

Troika doesn't exist anymore so no, do not buy it.

as I suspected, thanks for the reminder

I am about imitating steam not being one giant awful idea. That might be why I I quoted OP saying imitating steam.
Also why did you click on sale thread if you are full on pirate?

I liked it at first, but I got bored with it. It annoys me that you earn everything from the occasional run & gun levels, but nothing from killing bosses. A boss without any loot, who came up with that idea?

Steam is better. Patches on GOG are much lower priority so you get them later. Has DRM free games too.

How long are you going to parade this corpse, you goodest of goys? It sells lootboxes. It became worse than steam.

I'm still buttmad about Gayaxy. GOG is worse than steam for me because at least steam is honest about the dick up your ass. DRM free is a fucking lie, try and get some pawns without logging into gayaxy.

It tries to do better what?Be like the mexican version of steam?

Why would someone go on the internet and tell lies?

tell that to department stores

Shekels.

at least you can play them and back them up without the internet.

TPB winter sale post.
EVERYTHING 100% OFF

I got Cuphead from a star.

Don't buy abandonware, old games or anything with defunct or corrupted developers, you faggots.

Pretty sure you can refund stars champ, I'm almost positive they do that retarded shit valve does to circumvent Refund providing requirements by claiming "but the opened item doesn't count because it's different" which they just haven't been sued over yet.

Enjoy being raped.

I get everything 100% off all year round with better performance and better file packing.

I got a bunch of games on sale.

They should stop forcing galaxy as the default option on installers. But there's no DRM, you can uninstall that shit with no consequences.

How much do you pay for a VPN?

Well what do you use?

Use the Vola room, or Torrents.me. If you go onto any pirating site, please use a VPN.

Or IGG

Get a load of this goy.

congratulations, you're a special boy

Your ISP would disagree.

Nice one, Holla Forums! How dare I buy games.

It's in order, that's your first 3 games. Don't get upset with me, I'm not the one feeding publishers free money by buying abandonware.

HK was the third game; your third meme response was >abandonware. Can you commies even read?

Bout what?
No seriously, been downloading for years and years now along with 90% of the rest of the people and nobody gives a shit. In fact our I don't think its even fucking illegal to pirate, that how much nobody cares.
Get fucked you corporate cocksucker of a nation, americlap.

I know you think you can meme your way out of this, but at least I didn't buy abandonware.

I cannot play Dragons Dogma and download pawns without Galaxy. A part of the game is locked behind a username and password. This is DRM and no amount of vomiting on your keyboard will change that.

I downloaded Galaxy recently, saw that they required you to use recaptcha to even use the thing, and uninstalled it.

kill yourself

Fuck off shill.
It's been proven that GOG shills on other websites so I will never support their faggotry and neither should anyone else.

They're better if you forget every single wrong and evil thing Valve has done in the past 5 years and put in denuvo into their games

If they're hosting the servers for it, its not unreasonable to expect that of them. It is DRM though and that's pretty shitty.

Hahahah get a load of this guy, my country actually respects my freedom.

Evidence? It's not just random posts supporting it, is it? Nevermind. It's silly of me to ask, since your own post is making the accusation over exactly that.

Guess I'm a shill now, and my sarcastic admission of such is no doubt a legally binding confession.

Seriously though, If you have actual proof I would like to see it.

except they don't put denuvo in their games, in fact, it isn't their games, its the developer/publisher choice
and steam's own drm is piss easy crack making pirating it easier and letting lots of publisher choosing to use it
and besides that, what exactly wrong and evil thing valve done in the past 5 years?

Said no one ever

I miss the days of pacsteam where you could pirate shit straight from valves servers. Those were the fucking days, until a bunch of retards ruined it for everyone, like usual.

Alright faggot if you want a small laundry list off the top of my head
>working heavily with betheda TWICE on the paid mods fiasco
And that's just what I can think of right now. I can give plenty more if you'd like

That's a good deal actually. Did you only buy one star? Or is it like a lottery where most fail, some are meh and occasionally you get something good, or is it always worth the money?

Tried to turn the passion-driven modding community into a jew business which resulted in a fiasco, censored and did damage control before it all blew over.
Implemented Steam Market which turned trades into financial business, turned playing video games into investment and converted large part of the community into traderfags and grabbed a juicy 25% of every transaction.
Ruined their games with microtransactions, marketfaggotry and pumping them full of ugly cosmetics that don't fit the game.
Massively popularized the gambling model and lootboxes.
Your next post will be:

I got De Blob after everyone and their grandma told me how good it was and it fucking sucks, don't get it. I only got the first one so maybe the sequel is different, but the first sucks

Why aren't I going to TPB again? I remember they decided to do some kind of bullshit, but can't remember what for the life of me.

TPB went down for a good while and came back up, causing people to suspect it's been co-opted by law enforcement. The torrents it serves are still the same as any public site.

Fuck off.

The put bitcoin miners in the javascript.

Wait, what? How the fuck does that work?

Stop your whining, this is not the kind of lootbox where it's the only way to get items for a game, where you're practically forced to invest in them. THAT shit is the reason why actual lootboxes are garbage. This is just a cheap random game, you miss nothing by not playing, or else you get a game you probably didn't want for cheap, that's it.

I don't go there often, but when I do I use tor. For some reason all the ads and shady redirects aren't there on their onion site.

People who like video games, not skinner boxes.

coinhive.com. PB removed it because they weren't making any money. Makes sense, since it's not like people leave the site sitting there for hours at a time.

also adblockers which 100% of people who go to torrent sites have put it in their blocklists quickly

Slav here , nigger check yourself , literally no one here buys movies and music here games are bought only if they are multiplayer based (CS GO , Overburnedkikewatch)

Wait until you get older user and you have more money than time

If they removed it then what's the problem, yeah it's bullshit that they tried that, but it's not like it's a thing now. And if you're super offended by the fact that they tried in the first place then just leave your adblock on or something.

I can go and change all 4 of my car filters for the price of 1 deluxe edition brand new video game , which will probrably be some unfinished garbage so if you are paying that much for a game idk who needs to grow up

Who is talking about buying games on release?

Ah yes you have to wait for a sale , while we wait a week TOPS for a crack to be released and play the game

Again, more money than time, backlog is yuge.

I really wish it was illegal to dump abandonware all over online stores. Publishers shouldn't be able to make $10-20 from a game thats been dead for 20 years and that they had nothing to do with other than buying the rights down the line when the IP was completely irrelevant. Maybe if that was the case more games like them would actually be fucking made.

Turns out there's a solution to wanting to play games without spending money. Oh, unless you're bitching about something that doesn't affect you. In which case, go back to Holla Forums.

You almost seem like a strawman shill with this shit level of argument.
Its not about "being forced" to use it, its nice that you don't have to.
The main reason that its not shit is because the games in the boxes are actually heavily curated so you're very very unlikely to get actual shit, have actual value (you're getting games, not microtransactions), They've also been doing this for a while too. The average value of the games inside the boxes are always higher than the value you paid for it as well, by a good amount too.
Its still not a "good" thing mind you but its definitely not a "wow GoG Is out to get my shekels they don't care about me" type situation.

GoG isn't a publisher though; they're a distributor/storefront, and the people who made the games get their cash by selling the licenses or rights while the customer can contribute cashola to GoG if they want to have an "official" digital copy of a game and not feel guilty about /scurv/ing it, if they're that type.
Not justifying it mind you, but again I consider it inconsequential in the grand scheme of things and not as bad as people think

sage

gtfo

It's $3 and you can get a game that costs up to $20. It's exactly what's written on the fucking tin.

If you have more money than time why would you buy even more games?

Picked up a bunch of stuff on GOG lately, Leisure Suit Larry 1-6, both Populous games, Covert Action, 7th Guest, Doom 1 + 2 + 3, Sim City 2000. I love GOG and don't mind shilling them on 8ch, bitchy anons gonna bitch.

see that's were you make your first mistake,you presume just because it says $20 on the price-tag that it's actually worth that much and that you somehow get it at a bargain price for just $3.
You see the cheese little mouse but you fail to see the toil

>Buying up IPs that have been dead for 15 TO 25 YEARS just to scrape the bottom of the barrel
I like how you threw leftypol in there at the end, as if broken copyright laws isn't something pol despises.

I'm talking about the publishers, who usually have nothing to do with the original studio, dumping all their shit all over GOG knowing dipshits will buy them. Although, now that I think about it. The studios that would make a sequal or spin off are such fucking garbage that it's hard to say if it would even matter.

Bro, just, like, pirate game.

Can confirm, I took the bait and it looks like they are gifting games that have been given away for free eariler, which are overpriced, or which have some other glaring problems. I got Oxenfree which is at over 20 dollarydoos, but the quality is life-is-strange rip-off. Master of Orion also has DRM which makes you sign up on another site to play multiplayer and the EULA is asking for all sorts of privacy breaching terms. I also got Darksiders Warmastered Edition, but that was given away for free on Steam to everyone who had a Darksiders game. Those 200+ mystery games are probably all low-quality.

Why would you need a VPN? How cucked is your country?

In short, I don't. My country isn't cucked in that aspect but I don't want to be caught with my pants down in the unlikely event it does get cucked.
Besides, it's useful for shitposting safely on the office, and it works to get around shit region restrictions.

are you dense?
Do you know what the nine or fourteen eyes are?

Originally, I bought Fallout 2 used from a convention vendor. Black Isle was dead and would not see that money. Same thing when I bought it from GOG except this time I loaned it out multiple times without anyone breaking my copy. Yeah, it's non-ideal that the original creators can't benefit indefinitely, but where else am i going to get drm-free copies that aren't tethered to an account?

Contrast the days where I had to fuck around with torrents that set off my antivirus, needed custom fixes, key generators, an .nfo with a half hour with of instructions. A low cost service like that cuts down the required torrenting many many times over.

Living in any country with enforceable copyright laws is why you need one? We don't all live in the fucking mountains or something. One day before a semester I forgot my VPN and a few weeks later I was already getting letters about some fucking programming textbooks.

Doesn't stop that it's fucking up the market. Although, like I said. Studios are so incompetent now that it probably doesn't even matter.

Is that some Evangelion shit?

Torrenting without a VPN is a bad idea unless you're only going for Linux distros

If everyone gets games between $3 and $4, except two people that get a $14 game, and the web developer with the magical browser cookie set gets a $20 game, that statement is still technically true. But without any public, transparent drawing in place you can't claim it is reflective of the real probabilities here.

I've been torrenting without a vpn for over a decade and never even gotten a letter.

Why would I need a VPN to pirate shit when I live in a country where copyright means nothing?

Where, the Congo?

That's what a lot of people say until their shit politicians approve of draconian laws under wraps for corporate monies, then begin enforcing them 6 months after the fact.

China, probably.

The prize pool has some shit but iirc it only picks from games at least at $3.09 on sale or more.
Ended up buying 3 got Cuphead, Witcher 1, and Worms Forts.

I posted China as an example of a place where copyright means nothing. I did blew it on that point though, unless he is one of the good hardworking administrators :^)

Fucking gay VPN changing my IP

Might get a couple stars. The stuff I actually want is still too much since all I've got is a couple old prepaid visas I got as gifts. Should be enough for a star on each of them.

Land of the free and the home of the Whopper.

Would you prefer he buy nudoom?

No, its just the absurdity of buying doom. Its like if you heard about someone buying Pong or Galaga or something

You'er not wrong but I believe the median or average would be 8-12$. GoG isn't EA or Activision.

Needless to say, he should've pirated along with the trove of old shit the retarded buyfag who can't think manages to buy. Zenimax owns Doom so that's where the money from any Doom purchase goes to.

he bought TES Arena when its free and can be downloaded directly from Bethesda.

Snibeti snab, I'm a crab
Get back down in this fucking pot with me and don't you dare like something ever again

Still wondering to this day if that's a guy's ass.

It's blurry, but on one frame you can see what's in between her legs.

Danke.

best ass i've seen was a guy's tbh

You ever see a fit chick's butt?
Not like skinnymode pole lady fit but like "I work out regularily but I'm not a professional".
They got nice butts
Nice firm but also round butts

Yeah, they're pretty rare though. Most chicks have cottage cheese asses and think that's attractive. This butt was like a fit chick's butt except on a guy.

Guys don't really get very round butts though. it's more rounded off cubiod type butts at least as far as somewhat fit butts go.

This. Firm butts are underrated. People are all about the "THICC" but toned (not necessarily small), firm taut glutes are killer

this tbh, though yoga pants somehow does a good job of hiding this for some strange reason.

I don't know, this seems like a pretty round butt and it's definitely on a guy. I'd do some pretty gay shit to it either way.

There's always a few weird anomalies. I've still seen better.

Do your gay shit back on 4chan

It's hard to find good asses, man. If I hear one more woman with an enormous shapeless blob where her ass should be bragging about "oh I have a great ass" I'm going to flip a tit.

To this day there's still no source for it

Don't blame me, I got it off /cuteboys/ ages ago.

I'm gonna need source on that

see

being an ass aficionado becomes more and more difficult by the day as the market gets oversaturated and people overvalue their own products
The shit I see people call "good" these days… holy fuck.

I got some games thanks to some recommendations from kind anons.
>UnderRail
Those were like 30 bucks in total. I'm playing Torchlight right now via WINE (it just werks in OpenGL mode)

It's supossedly a GOG Galaxy feature. I don't know if it's true though, cause I don't have it.

Lesson learned. I resisted the urge to buy Thief and the Soul Reaver series because of this

Heh

But the installation files are the same, user.

The market says so.

Is this your first rodeo on Holla Forums shill-kun?
Be honest.

You did good user

This is one of those games where you have to track down the original, because for some reason the publishers decided to add fan patches that fucked everything up before re-releasing a 17 year old game.

I feel like there should be a wiki at this point to record issues like this for old games
fucking hell why does just installing and playing games have to be such a chore

There is PC Gaming Wiki and GOG Wiki, although in the specific case of Warlords Battlecry there is not much information about it.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warlords_Battlecry
gogwiki.com/wiki/Warlords_Battlecry

I also check out the GOG forums for every game, usually the sticky will have some relevant information about broken stuff or recommended installations.

I WANT TO IMPREGNATE KRYSTAL FUCK YOU NINTENDO

I share your pains, friend.

You know those versions of Doom 1 and 2 run worse than the source versions right?

Some people like to actually own what they buy instead of a license

here's your fix you filthy junkie,now fuck off

Just when you thought you've seen it all.

I was expecting more results but its a good start.

Look for Ultims 7 on myabandonware and post results.

back to your synagogue chaim

exult.sourceforge.net/

Doesn't Exult have issues with NPC schedules and AI?

Doesn't Ultima 7 runs fine on modern systems without problem?

Never honestly played more then the first 10 minutes to make sure it runs. Keep putting off playing it. Only a year ago learned about Exult which is allegedly the definitive version.

Doesn't that require the original game files? Which aren't available on most abandonware sites since GOG sent a C&D to all the games that they sell?

proofs?

Some people are smart enough to not buy games.

>>>/ovens/

It's back on but other games still link you to the GOG store
myabandonware.com/game/sam-max-hit-the-road-1vb

Gonna need a stronger link than that, and a link to a game where what you're saying is actually the case. It would make it stronger but still isn't definitive

Go back to 4chan

Abandonia did delete their links at least and I could have sworn that myabandonware had some stuff totally removed.
abandonia.com/en/games/17/Day of the Tentacle.html

Some people are smart enough not to buy TV's.

t. kike

Your picture is not in line with your statement.

t. nigger logic

Let me copy all your private data and bitcoins while we're at it. It's not stealing anyhow, right? It's just ones and zeroes. It has no value.

4/10 would probably make newfags mad.

why do newfags continuously do this?

Are the retards who think it requires technical skill to use a torrent still here?

t. kike

To get the thread back on track. I've heard some anons mention Ring Runner. Is it good for the price? Does it run well on a toaster running Loonix ?

Obviously, they need the attention.

Never ever mate, we'll be lucky if we ever get a Starfox game again after Star Fox Zero.

Good goys spend your shekels to celebrate the birth of your favorite.

Nice try, if my eyes aren't real then how can 9-14 more be?

I wish I could do this on steam.

what happened to darkest dungeon, exactly?

Long story short : When they added the DLC chapters and items they "balanced" the main game around how broken the new stuff is.

For folks with the DLC. Fair.
For folks without the DLC? Enjoy your needless nerfs.

I've downloaded CP and torrented manuals for restricted explosives, movies, anime, games, everything. I never once had my ISP poke its nose on me.
The wonders of the 3rd world.

Same here Sudamérica Stronk

nigga you won't even know how you woke up in a jail cell with Jorge on top of you whispering in your ear and ejaculating in your ass

Is this really happening?

No Christmas cake for (you) Mark.

New TVs now serve as a tool for the CIAniggers to spy on people now. I don't care if people steal those. Even so, a TV on its own did nothing inherently wrong. A corrupt virulently cancerous gaming inudstry however needs to fucking die, it needs to crash hard.

I'm not giving any of these kikes my money, eat shit Chaim.

mental gymnastics at it's finest.

Reminds me of when the pbf-comics guy removed a load of strips from his website so he could have "exclusive" strips for his book, instead of just creating more.

Abandonware is not a legal concept. It is a spineless attempt by more shame-minded pirates to conflate morality with legality. There may certainly exist moral justifications to be made for unauthorized copying, but just because you’re unsure whether or not someone owns the rights to something is not legal basis to commit copyright infringement. And even worse, just because someone isn’t selling something does not mean they’re fine with you having it. This is in fact one of the rights that copyright law exists to protect: the integrity of an idea. Copyright protects the ability to sell an idea exclusively for money just as well as it does to hoard that idea.

Is it all a load of bullshit? Probably, but so is pretending that abandonware means anything. Protip for concern trolls: if something is being sold, it isn't abandonware.

:^)

Nigga people don't go to jail for real crimes here, and I'm just making pipe bombs and wanking to pictures.

he's not saying its perfectly okay, he's saying it's a retarded defense you illiterate shit.

Abandonware is legally defined retard.

Get out of this website, kikes.

How often does Gog gut the games they sell? I wanted to buy the Army Men games to play with some friends through Lan only to find out Gog version takes out the multiplayer except in the first one.

It depends.
As for Army Men II I think there's a patch in the forums for direct IP connections for multiplayer.

you are why mustards have a bad name

Really, in what sense is it legally meaningful?