Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
clips.twitch.tv/CredulousGentleMarrowEagleEye
archive.is/BsdWm
youtu.be/qRHLDAzPOIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

BETA START IN 2 HOURS

Fucking pukei-pukei, come out so I can kill you

I don't get why there's a time limit when pretty much every other demo ever is just freely available.

Oh hey nipanon, are you planing to play the beta?

Calm your paranoia, I haven't even said anything negative about World itself, you're going to feel real silly having wasted it this early when you want to use that meme on someone who really tears into it.

I'm out of town visiting family for the holidays myself, so I'll be missing out on beta access.

C'mon now, we all recognize that OP style.

Fuck off.

Listen sweetie, You clearly are not a regular poster here if you are not in our discord, Especially when you are clearly new for not ever playing with Holla Forums so stop posting in our general

That's just the copypasta we all have been using for ages, only the shills tried to shift the threads into being about World instead of MonHun as a whole.

No, there's only 1 copypasta, the OP. the 2nd pasta was made by you and you've been posting it every chance you get

The second post is the OP post for World, and has been used in every non-shill OP since a prior OP translated it. But hey, feel free to keep stewing in the whole "everyone who isn't using every single post to praise World is an evil Jap" mindset, that seems to be working well for you. I'll just go back to playing Monster Hunter until the actual posters show up.

Sasuga Makoto.

You can't fool anybody

You know the probability of 2 peoples using the same image with the same filename and the same wrong subject to make an OP? 0.00000000000000000000000000001%

Nice IP change, nipanon.

I like how I get proven right that the thread is nothing but shitposting both posts after mine

That's Holla Forums for you, hating everything in every possible way.

Nigga nigga ooga booga

oh god is Holla Forums monhun being taken over by attention seeking trannies wanting an 'inncer circle' like every fucking mmo general ends up being?

I think this is the new tactic the shills are trying to pull to try to make it seem like the old fanbase are all namefagging dramawhores on some separate social medium.

I hope Akantor comes as dlc for World.

Everytime theres a sniff of a 'regular' game for Holla Forums to meet up and play its always the same shit.

This is why you never join a Holla Forums guild in mmos.

You don't have to be so tsun tsun.

So i'm guessing these retards dont know the retail release of MHW has an account blacklist huh?

A what? I don't own ps4.

Friendly reminder from your friends at the mh discord that you are just a bunch of losers posting in a irrelevant inactive chan

WEW
E
W

Another thread gone to shit because you fuckers have to throw a shitfit at each other like retards. Talk about the games you mongoloids, not your fucking dicks.

Do you not know words?

How can one be so butthurt?

Oh wait?

Hence why I said a separate social medium, as in not this one.

The biggest evidence for me that world is going to be a shit game is the fact that people coming out against it are able to type up paragraphs of well reasoned criticisms and the people who defend it just stomp their feet, call them names and imply everyone is a boogeyman. Sage because shit thread that gets instantly derailed every time, just accept that we can't have these threads until everyone stops being a faggot.

Semantics.

That one user proved you wrong in last thread though.

Except that your argument hold no ground makoto because you have zero experience in the game and all your complaints are based on gameplay video and trailers. Watching =/= playing

Like fucking clockwork.

Pretty much. Like I said last thread, it seems like everyone who isn't part of the shill group has been accused of being Nipanon, including the bot who keeps spamming that discord thing.

discord?

You got booty blasted in last thread for user pointing out that you just parrot shit while the people who actually played the beta give some actual criticism.
So uh, like a clock work, huh?

Can you just disable your bot too, everyone knows it is you.

Are you happy? Your samefagging is so obvious.

and complaining on a imageboard surely gonna change that? How about you get off your high horse and stop pretending you're some kind of anonymous hacker makoto

Only console pleb doesn't know about discord

butthurt nintentoddler detected

Like a clockwork.

Again, not sure why a chat program is supposed to magically improve PC gaming, or why that'd be unique to PC gaming over console gaming. Good luck selling your product though, you obviously are desperate to with how badly you're spamming it here.

It is a VOIP I think, not a chat. But most VOIPs have a chat too.

OK, but I'm still not seeing what that has to do with playing video games

Maybe if you had friends, you would see.

Why do you think you have any authority here? Especially when you are clearly new for not ever playing with Holla Forums with anybody from the discord.

Don't say you are the one that keeps insisting that MH is strictly singleplayer?

Oi vey (((makoto))), don't be so obvious.

Just because you are lonely assburger with no friends, it doesn't mean talking to others mid game doesn't give advantage.

Don't @ me anymore. :^)

Listen sweetie, You clearly are not a regular poster here if you are not in our discord, Especially when you are clearly new for not ever playing with Holla Forums so stop posting in our general

WEW
E
W

Ignore him. Some cuckchan faggots are trying to shill their discord here and pretending it's a super secret club only oldfags are allowed in.

At least change your writing style, (((makoto))).

Aww.

If you like this post feel free to cap it, if you think XX is better than World you're a faggot!

I have never seen butthurt this delicious, keep crying about our discord

WHO IS GOING TO BE HOSTING THE SERBER ONCE THE BETA STARTS?
I will if I have to. Anyone ready to play?

This, World is actually really fun. Don’t listen to contrarian babies, they are just butthurt about Monsterhunter not being in their favorite handheld console

I know the game isnt perfect, I fucking played it myself. The only legitimate criticism I heard about the game is the casualization, most of it can be avoided as its optional, I still hate the inability to lose mounts or overly long turf wars but otherwise its a good game on its own. It has done everything I wanted to see in the series in one fell swoop like

>

I used a psycho serum the other day. I am without a doubt a hardcore gamer.

THE GAY COMMUNITY

If you ever played the game you would realize that the combat is fast, movement based and has alot of momentum, especially with ranged weapons such as bow and arrows. MH was kinda fast depending on the weapon but you wouldnt be able to move whole shooting weapons such as the bow or bowgun but now the players can move around pretty fast with any weapon in the game. You could even move to different body parts while mounting a monster. Of course you still have to time attacks and cant roll or evade out of everything but it all still reminded me of dragons dogma when I played. Thats how I felt about it.

Ah, I see. I have only seen videos of World, but it didn't bring DD to my mind.
DDxMH crossover when?

I get a Dragon's Dogma vibe for sure. There is a lot more mobility in each weapon, but not too much. The dual blades definitely feel like they were taking some cues from DD. I think a lot of it has to do with MT Framework though. The engine just has a unique vibe about it. It definitely feels like DD for some reason

Oh yeah, DD was MT framework too. That could explain it partially too.

Every Monster Hunter since Tri has been on MT Framework. That shouldn't cause much of a change.

Btw guys, the beta just started. Practicing bow atm.

they were all interactive, especially in 4.
this isn't a positive. You know how on the mon Hun maps, there are these crazy ass pathways that link each area to another area? Yeah, well, instead of a 2 second loading screen, you now have to walk that whole fucking pathway. Even more fun when the monster AI locks and decides it's moving from area 3 to area 4 and you have to watch as it runs along a pathway that takes way too fucking long for it to go down. Not an improvement.
the previous games had an ecosystem. The difference is that in world, the monsters are not "afraid" of humans. In the other games, they are, therefore they either run from you or slap your shit ,because Human = Death.

The monster always ignored you when moving from zone to zone faggot

That's not how it works, fag. There's actual evidence of the shill fucking up his samefagging while Japanon is just a boogie man for anyone who dares dislikes world.

Don't bother, he's been posting that same shit every thread and refuses to admit that previous MHs had the same limitations with monster movement on zone transitions.

You are not fooling anyone.

Hello makoto. Nice counter conspiracy theory. Too bad everyone recognizes you, because you are unoriginal twat.

It worked in the old games because it would immediately transition to the next room, just like the hunter does. If it actually does lock its AI into moving between "rooms", then it's going to need to physically run along the entire hallway, which will take a while. I haven't seen any hard evidence that it actually does lock its AI and makes it ignore hunters entirely (in the webm he posted Anjanath was casually walking so it probably hadn't noticed the hunters and wasn't even aggroed yet). In the previous games, monsters would still react if you made them flinch or stagger, and sometimes would even cancel moving between areas to keep fighting a little bit longer. I'm assuming it works something like that.
I'm unable to play the demo. Will monsters always ignore you entirely if they're in hallways? Because that seems really lame, and I was expecting they'd keep fighting even in the hallways.

Was this in earlier games? Never heard it happening before.
clips.twitch.tv/CredulousGentleMarrowEagleEye

All I know is that I recently played 4U with some friends and one of the more annoying things was the zone transitions. Right now I think they do more harm than good and I'll be happy to see them go.

Yeah, there wasn't a "Japanon is samefagging" conspiracy till I mentioned Japanon isn't one that samefags last thread. He was usually known for how many posts he has and used as a boogie man. Meanwhile the shill was caught three threads ago, and made a similar mistake two threads ago. Last thread was a clusterfuck, and most likely on purpose.

But it was the same fag botting in last thread as it is in this thread. Because I am the guy who had (((68))) posts in last thread. :^)

Here mp4 if you don't want to use Twitch.

Pretty sure you could. Throwing knives are mainly used to inflict status ailments but also do a small amount of cutting damage, so it can happen

And I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who had 40+ posts between different ids three threads ago. Meanwhile calling Japanon autistic for having 30+ posts. I didn't say you did it last thread. I wouldn't have any facts to back that up. Last thread was a mess.

But I came back yesterday after ~1 year.

So you're just a fag that fell for the "Everyone I don't like is Makoto" meme being pushed? I'm not sure if that is any better.

Better than switching IDs and using bots to cry.

How do you know it's Makoto and not a pathetic attempt to false flag after being caught?

People who act like fags should be shamed. If they get mad for getting called x, then it is just another tool to use against them. Chans have done this since ever, like it doesn't matter if "summer fags" are real or not (they are), but if you get mad for called one, then you are probably just as bad. :^)

Someone tell me why XX supposedly sucks. It's my first monster hunter, got the switch version. Only thing I don't like so far is the super ultra megamoves, everything else seems fine.

Hunter arts are antithetical to the (previously) thoughtful gameplay about making use of timing windows and careful positioning, instead of facetanking everything with infinity i-frames.

Styles are imbalanced, brave/adept/aerial are too strong. Arts are either shit or OP too.
I don't think it is bad overall, but it is the worst MH if you don't include ps2 MHs.

This demo is different from the last one. The Pukei Pukei and Kulu-Ya-Ku are no longer super fucking rare anymore and are pretty much avaliable to fight now. I seen the kulu-ya-ku in 2 seperate quests and I recently killed a pukei pukei. Or maybe I just got lucky with both of em? They are both quite fun to fight.

Im currently playing the demo right now and I can confirm you you do enough damage to them when going through the hallways they sometimes fight back, they can even follow and fight you in the hallways if they want to. But of course you can chase down flying or digging creatures fast enough to tell though.

That's a shill tactic, user. Also you didn't answer my question, or are you just admitting that you only used Makoto to fit in because you saw some shills using it?

Are you him? Because I never actually defended World.
Also that did answer it.

Which quests do they show up in?

Pukei pukei shows up in the ancient forest and kulu-ya-ku shows up in the wildspire wastes. There can only be 3 large monsters per map so they usually take the place of another monster there such as mudsioth, rathalos or dialos.
Have fun user

What good does using your own quotes to reply to yourself do?

So are we just never going to get a normal monster hunter ever again

maybe

Define normal.

user, your first MH was XX, that game isnt even a normal MH. Its a spinoff made by a different team with a bunch of shitty anime mechanics that you would never see in a mainline MH game. World is already a better game than XX.

Played all three hunts once each. There are some things I like and some things I disliked. Some things I was indifferent to. This is my first impression of the game after playing those three hunts.

Liked:
I like the idea of searching out footprints, as well as other leftovers that a monster might have left behind, such as mucus or other markings. Sometimes while tracking one monster you can pick up the trail of another (when tracking one monster, I managed to pick up some feathers that did not belong to it). From what I've heard just like normal MH, once you know where the monster spawns you can go for it and ignore the tracking. But I think it's a nice addition.

I only played with the Charge Blade, but it feels like MH4U, just with the addition of a few new moves that I keep forgetting about but eventually managed to make use of. The condensed elemental slash and powering up your sword is a pretty neat addition, though I don't know where it fits in the sword/axe dynamic.You can only do it when you load phials into your shield while your shield is already charged. But if you load phials into your charged shield you'll be using your sword much less. It's something I'll have to figure out when playing more. The CB's new fade slash does feel really odd, though. The monster AI does feel like normal MH (with MH hitboxes). During the Anajanath fight, a Jagras appeared and they seemed to divide their attention between each other and myself equally. They attacked each other, sure, but some of the time both of them were going after me.

I can also re-confirm that if a monster is running away from you through a tunnel/hallway, if you whack it a few times it'll turn around and fight you. They can also follow you through tunnels/hallways if you attempt to run.

You have a radial menu that you can set favourites in, as well as ammo, and you have the normal menu you can cycle through using the normal fashion. While the old way of switching items was still ingrained in me, I did find it neat to use the radial menu from time to time.

If you're not spotted by any monster (even the small ones, it seems), then your stamina to dash around is infinite. I assume it won't be like this for egg quests if there are any. Once you're spotted, the stamina drains like normal.

Disliked:
The lock on is pretty bad, at least the default setting is. Default allows you to switch between small monsters and large monsters. There's a setting that allows you to lock on to large monsters only, which is the one I prefer. It's still pretty weird, though, since it allows you to lock onto different monster parts, such as head/body/tail, and that can do all sorts of nastiness with the camera.

They are huge and they feel like a bitch to traverse. It's not like normal MH where there are arenas that range from small to large, it just feels like large area connected to large area via tunnels or halls. At least you can chase monsters down the halls and get them to turn around and pay attention to you again.

Indifferent:
In order to use projectile items such as paralysis knives you have to load them into your slinger, then aim and fire them manually, which kind of annoys me. It means you can't spam knives like crazy, sure, but the little bit of animation where you have to reload between shot feels like it slows things down.

I haven't used it much outside of the tutorial/training room, but it seems you can use it to hook and swing from certain points in the environment. I haven't actually done that in a hunt, however.

If you dash down an incline you automatically slide. You can do some attacks from the slide but it can break your flow pretty badly if you're ingrained in a fight and dashing is your almost normal way of movement. It feels like it's dangerous to run without thinking down inclines during a fight so it's something I might have to get used to

1/2

2/2

So when you drink mega or normal health potions, you can move. You walk around by default. If you click in L3 you can jog slightly faster, but not too fast. You have to hold the button in order to drink the potion. Each potion heals a set amount, but in order for you to heal that amount, you have to keep drinking the potion until it's spent. If you get interrupted, such as walking off a ledge or jumping over an obstacle, the drinking ends. If you get hurt while doing it your healing is interrupted and you take damage.

Thing is, I'm not sure what to think about it. You can't run out of the zone and heal anymore. And if a monster is chasing you, he'll just follow you and stomp your shit in while you're trying to heal. It seems you run slightly slower than your normal movement speed so a monster can quickly catch up.

And if you interrupt the animation you lose the entire potion. I started drinking a mega potion while fighting Ajanath. I moved and automatically climbed up a ledge, which interrupted the healing, wasted the potion and only got me a tiny percentage of the healing. If anything it forces you to be aware of your surroundings along along with finding the opportunity and time to heal.

At the same time when the monster is running away from you, you can drink up while chasing it. You're slower for the duration of the potion, sure, but you're not stopping.

A lot of it reminds me of Dragon's Dogma, actually. Which I like. Gives me a sense of familiarity I guess. But when playing the CB it felt like some of the sound effects sound weird or weak, especially the explosions when doing discharges. Maybe this is something I'll get used to later on but for now my personal opinion is that stuff like that needs to be more robust.

Other thoughts:
I have to play more of the game to solidify my indifferent opinions. Overall I think it's pretty fun. Aside from the weird lock on, having a second thumbstick to control the camera is a welcome change/addition. The combat feels good, reminiscent of MH4U. From the beta alone I can tell I might like it more than Generations/XX (mostly because of the shit they did to CB's controls and flow in that game and without the addition of crazy styles, weapons and hunter arts that kind of made some of the hunts feel pretty boring)

I'll probably try the multiplayer later on in the evening, and maybe other weapons if I get the chance over the long weekend. When I try multiplayer I'll know whether I like the health potion drinking or not.

Also I wish Anjanath was as cool as Gore Magala in MH4U's demo. He pretty much feels like a fire breathing dinosaur. Seems like he takes some moves from Deviljho.

I think your impression of the combat is only good because you played the CB. The GS got made to revolve around abusing a super armor shoulder check, the HBG and LBG got made into super move spamming pieces of garbage, and horn lost even more of it's identity.

But that's a pretty good assessment aside from that.

I'd be more on board with the monster tracking if they didn't have the bugs too. If I was able to turn off that option and just use the tracks (with maybe a general kind of arrow pointing me in which way they go, just at the track, then it goes away) that would be much better in my opinion. The main problem with that, unfortunately, is that if you lose track of the monster whilst fighting it (say if a turf war happens and you get caught up fighting the other thing), I imagine it would be quite the bitch to find it again without the bug things.

As far as general combat goes, I used the longsword, greatsword and charge blade. Longsword feels good, definitely faster. I almost never got hit while using it, and I haven't even started using that i-frame move yet. I generally didn't use the shoulder tackle, so the Great Sword mostly just felt satisfying. I don't have much to add on the charge blade besides what you said.

Seemed fine to me. You seemed to have unlimited whetstones, but that's probably just a demo thing.

I concur with what this user has to say.

I don't use and have never used lock on in MH, so this doesn't bother me.

Definitely confusing. I feel that the main problem isn't that they're so big, but that they seem to lack some definitive landmarks, and feel kind of samey. Without a map and just plopped into the area, I can see some getting very lost, very quickly. I don't have a problem with the interconnection of the map, I just wish it was easier to make a mental map of.

didn't use

only happened to me when the monster was running away, so it doesn't matter.

I don't particularly agree with user here. Whilst does, technically, take more time to heal up using the new system, I got knocked out of healing a grand total of once. One major problem with the game, really, is just how much healing you get out of nowhere. I found myself surprised sometimes when I was full health when I was near certain I had been hit previously. I think they may tone that down out of the beta though (one would hope.)

No complaints here.

Overall, my impression of the game is kind of middling. It's better than some anons make it out to be, but I was not nearly as excited to play the full game after this demo as I was after the MH4U demo a while back. The fighting was fun, to say the least, but the rest of the game lacked impact and atmosphere.

To create a narrative that Japanon is the one that samefags despite there being no evidence it is him other than (((someone))) claiming it is and not the shill who has been caught doing it several times now.

Pretty much this. We're going to get swamped in this crap until World comes out at least, possibly for a couple weeks after depending on how long they want to shill it. It's a shame really.

Probably not. If World succeeds, they'll just keep making World, and if it bombs, the suits will decide "Well I guess that means Monster Hunter has died as a powerhouse, time to kill it."

That's not new though, Portable 3rd on PS3 had that, as did every one of the 3DS titles.

Just stop samefagging, people finally started to talk about the game, but you have to ruin it again. Is your ego really that fragile?

Join my room, let's try to find the new bosses.
So far I found kut ku chicken in the desert, now I'll explore the forest.
Code is 3A7Qi6YeTBmB

The only new bosses are pukei pukei and kulu ya ku, but ill turn on my ps4 and join you anyways.
I have nothing else better to do.

That's what I'm talking about, tho. I want a new monster hunter that isn't trying to be devil may cry or dragon's dogma. I settled for XX because I couldn't get my friends to play the older ones with me.
That being said, I think XX is mostly fine if you ignore the arts, though. The styles are kind of weird but they're a neat idea.

I had a normal 3DS without the circle pad pro, so this was a welcome change for me. I didn't play Portable 3rd. I suppose the correct words would be "I'm glad it went back to that."

I'm not a GS player (or a Horn player, but I feel pretty sad about its treatment. I really like when there's a horn player on the team), but I've seen some complaints about the shoulder charge. I'm not much of a gunner aside from bows, which I've yet to try but I heard you can spam its special attack too.

Yeah, I'm still unsure of whether I like or hate the changes to potions, but I think the palico can heal you. And I think there are plants around as well. I don't really like the plants but the palico healing is fine.

I can confirm that stamina does indeed run out of stamina when the bar doesn't show. Try it.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend getting one of those or an N3 for MonHun if possible, it makes it much more tolerable since clawing on the 3DS is a thousand times more awkward than doing so on the PSP.

It hasn't really gone away though, it just required either the accessory or the revision since the original 3DS lacked the second stick. The function was still in the software itself.

As if they are going to stop making monster hunter if world fails. You are a fucking moron, user.

the demo is really fun so far. I am positive it's on game journo difficulty.

AFAIK the demos are usually easy. They give you OP equipment.

And before you say I think everyone that likes world is a shill, I don't. I think there are fags here that do actually like it, but there are one or two fags that have been shitting up the threads since World was announced, and they've been more aggressive about it since Beta.

Palico healing is practically a full heal. Everytime it did it it healed about 75% of my Health, and he almost always did it when I was low on health. You might not have noticed it since they just shoot a giant bubble at you to touch for the heal.

In the past, Monster Hunter had the protection of nepotism, due to the producer being the boss's son. There's been rumor recently that Daddy's health is on the decline, and that the balance of power in the boardroom is shifting because of it, which some think is the reason for things like World, and Monster Hunter being pushed into Marvel vs. Capcom despite MonHun always getting special treatment of not featuring in any crossover type materials. If that's the case, I could easily see someone with an axe to grind getting power and killing off MonHun out of pure spite. It wouldn't be the first time Capcom's done that to their own IPs.

It is pretty clear to be honest. At least he now has decency to post normally, so I will ease too.

I find I use the target camera almost exclusively while fighting large monsters in the 3ds games. It's way better and probably the best improvement they have ever made to the handheld experience.

The palico healing is too good. It should heal as much as an herb does.

Just ignore him, you're only going to make him think his tactics are effective and encourage him to keep spamming his shit.

Or you all could like not reply. Crazy, I know.

Monster Hunter is basically Japan's national past time. If they kill Monster Hunter there will be fire, stop posting stupid shit.

It definitely helped when I was on the old 3DS, yeah. The New's little nub took time to get used to, but now it feels pretty natural, at least for MonHun.

If they were concerned about that, a PS4 exclusive wouldn't have been billed as the replacement for mainline Monster Hunter, but as another side-project like X was.

If that was the case the west would not have seen any monhun releases since the freedom games you absolute pinnacle aspie.

You didn't answer shit other than admit you just want to fit in, and you decided to fit in with fags trying to push "the everyone I don't like Japanon" meme. That is if you really just came back yesterday.

see:

I find the New3ds nib to be a pain in the ass to use. It's not terribly responsive and In order to get the most out kg it I have to dig my thumb nail into it.

One thing is that it loosens up a bit after a bit of use, I realized that while CFWing a friend's at the time newly purchased N3.

My girlfriend preordered the game for my Christmas present so it looks I'm playing it regardless. I have been optimistic about the game so I hope it's good. I would hate to sell a Christmas gift.

So far my first impressions are good, but there are two main flaws that kind of irk me, hopefully they will be fixed when it is released:

This is the same demo used for Gamescom. It's set to Game Journo diffoculty there are videos kg the actual game going around that shows the monsters being much more aggressive and hitting much much harder. Someone posted a Nergigante video and the monster basically two shot people and was fast as fuck.

I can't wait to see the actual game, and see for myself. I am glad hunting arts are gone at least.

This j's the video, sorry for double post.

This is why I don't get people who are all excited for finally being able to "track" the monster. It looks like just following sparkly shit for a few minutes, which would require even less thought than finding monsters for the first time in the other games.

Is that 100 HP/Stamina? The bars are the same length, which would mean either the player didn't eat the Rations, or Mega Potions now heal 75 HP. Also, the monster doesn't seem all that fast, but it can leap pretty damn far, so closing distances for it wouldn't be a problem.

Pretty much this. If anything it seems like playing a little treasure map mini-game before getting to the actual monster.

Thanks for sharing, it really looks good, makes me feel more hopeful for the full release. That said, Funny enough I carted once on my last Anjanath hunt. Guess I got too confident. Although this time it entered in a rage mode in which he started to spill fire, got my by surprise.

Yes, it is actually cool when you are looking for clues. Carcasses, footprints, any kind of mud, body fluid or whatever distinct tract the monster leaves. But the fireflies make them too obvious and they are very distracting. It really takes away from the feeling of hunting.
Granted though, sometimes the tracks are almost impossible too see (low illumination, high vegetation, them being under water). If taken fireflies away is too much, they should at least tone them down so the only point out things you are literally on top of to make sure they are not completely invisible in certain circumstances, so at at least it would reward to a certain extent players that are aware of their surroundings.

If taking fireflies away is too much*

Sorry, I'm retarded.

Yeah, I can kind of agree with those. I still like them because they highlight interactable things, but they make some things way too obvious.

I also wish they would change the flies leading you to giving you a general direction instead.

I think it's reasonable to assume that quests will be normal length in the real game.

Of course, I assumed the same. I just wished the demo gave you more time just to explore and hunt at your own leisure.

My biggest issue with the scoutflies is how little control you have over them. In this current demo period, I finally found some footprints that belonged to one of the optional monsters, but it found exactly one and didn't point to any others because all they want to do is track the quest monster. Even when I've found enough to track a second monster, and you can tell when it builds two separate footprint bars, it refuses to guide you to it and there's no way to tell it otherwise. Finally, when you first play the demo, the beginning area is goddamn rife with footprints. You don't have to leave the room to find enough to get your first tracking bar. The second time you play that mission, or even enter that zone, the prints don't respawn, so you're forced to wander around until I find something else that'll trigger the tracking. Also, something needs to carry over between missions. There's no goddamn way I've killed Barroth with four different weapons and my hunter still doesn't know what monster it is when he sees the same tracks. This is doubly important when there's more than one big monster in a zone. If I see something that's explicitly Barroth tracks and some that only register as ? tracks, I know something else is in the area. If all the tracks start as ? every time, it's that much harder.

You people need to talk less and play more.

Agreed, hence why I'm playing right now

In the full game the more your scoutflies interact with a monster they will level up and be able to track the monster instantly. There is a monster research feature where the more you fight a monster the more the research team learns about it and as you level up this research you unlock notes about it in an ingame wiki that shows you weak points and drop rates for each monster. You can even accelerate this process by accurately hitting weakpoints and breaking parts. If you notice in the demo while you're fighting a monster it will have a little pop up on the right that says "part broken" "trap used" and a point value. That is research points for the in game wiki. This feature sounds so fucking amazing because you no longer need to go to Kiranico for carve rates and other shit. You can just play the game.

mu duck

It's about as fast as Diablos was in the old games. It's also focusing on multiple players so who knows how terrifying it is solo. I have high hopes for this game.

That sounds nice.
Any idea if the system works as direct lvls to get all info or do you actually have to break parts etc to get accurate info for all?

I thought Pukei-Pukei was a myth, but found it on the snot dino mission near the beach.

Pretty sure it only shows what parts come from what, not the actual rates.

It says things like common or rare, but doesn't give percentage.

Makes sense, since it doesn't give actual damage rates for the hit zones either. Kind of a shame, it's in this bizarre middle ground of uselessness where if you want the specific numbers you still need to use Ping's Dex, but because it's automatic and doesn't require the player to fill it in manually it doesn't encourage the player to pay attention and learn about the monster since the game does it for them.

You get research points for kills like caravan points or wycademy points but they also behave like exp. Breaking parts gives you extra points just like tease in the older games.

After fighting Anjanath a some more times I feel more confident about the game, the fights were quite fast and fun. Now the it feels you can use more the environment to your advantage, like I could reach the monster faster and pull out a mount by grapling to a high tree and attacking the monster when it came close to the cliff. I love the sliding and jumping attack you can do. Also, I actually got fuck over when things like paralysis frogs activated while fighting the monster, which is quite interesting and force you to be more aware of the battlefield.

I'm also excited about how look the character could look if Crapcom decided to release Dragon's Dogma 2 already, seeing how nice the preset hunters look for the most part

No shit, the entire environment is tailored to help you.
Just remember their spawns and lure monsters into them for free traps. More shit to give you an advantage.

This is actually one of the things I dislike about World, since it very much felt like the environment was working against you in the past.

There are elements of both I'll say. I need to toy with the demo more, but some of the enviroment traps can be activated by accident and affect you. The water and mud zones are still Barroth elements. The zone where the Anjanath goes to sleep is a plataform form by vines which move constantly depending on how you and the monster move or attack, meaning you can make it get stuck or it can make you lose your balance. You cannot use a shock trap there either. It is also cool how the monster use the environment to try and throw you off when mounting it (although more fun that 4U, it feels a little bit too much like a QTE. Perhaps they should remove the button prompts and force the player to observe the monster movement to know what to do).

I would say though, it does feel more catered towards the hunter. I love that kind of interactivity though, yet I too hope that in the full release more monster make uses of the stages or force you to work your way around monster using their environment to their advantage.

If you guys wanna hunt some shit in the beta, I have it open and I'm hunting with randoms for a bit. I can quit if someone puts up a room.

How much of you demo dudes tried out the multiplayer? I refuse to do MP unless if its with friends or Holla Forums. But whenever I join a Holla Forums demo server its the same guy, hes a cool dude but does everyone else prefer single player or what?

user, the environments were usually flat arenas, there wasn't much to go against you in the past. In fact in 4u the environments were helpful because they gave you ledges to jump off of to mount monsters.
Not to mention we never seen the volcano level yet.

Can you give any actual examples of the environments working against you thats not

I want to hunt the fucking pukei pukei. Any of you fags manage to find it?

Me and some nips ran into it. Wasn't there another rare spawn too?

If you don't want your palico to join you in a hunt, just talk to him at the camp, there's an option to leave him behind

Me and some dude hunted one about an hour or two ago. Its not really hard to find anymore and it was quite a thrill to hunt. But no one else joined our lobby.

I am willing to join anybodys lobby, just put up your code.
Im just sick of playing singleplayer, I already played the ever-loving FUCK out of this demo.

I did, kind of an accident, started I think in the camp at northeast, it was pretty close. I don't know if the spawn point is random.

Despite your attempt to make it seem otherwise, volcanic steam and lava fields were very much the environment working against you since they only harmed you and not the monsters. Same with hot or cold environments, for that matter. There were also poisonous marshes, and sliding sand areas. I would also say that the plethora of areas that required you to climb for any length of time would fall into that category, especially when you're trying to chase after a monster that's escaping.

I found the ledges more of a hazard than a boon, considering that you were more likely to lose your post-damage invincibility window by being knocked off of one than anything.

How did you find it? it there a condition to spawn it or is it just a rare random spawn?
I don't know any rare monster other than pukei pukei, maybe theres one in the deserts area.

There's a whitish bird guy who's as big as Great Jaggi.

The chicken-G.Jaggi kulu-ya-ku over in the wildspire wastes used to be a rare spawn. I bumped into it while looking for diablos though.

You could tell if either the kulu-ya-ku or the Pukei Pukei is in the map if either the Jyratodus or the Diablos is gone in the desert map, or if the rathalos is gone the the Anjanath quest.

Start a mission near the rathalos nest. That is where pukei spawns.

Oh, and also, Diablos spawns in the desert area as well. Don't know where though.

Started the Anjanath quest and followed the nips. Then saw a shadow of a flying critter pass over head and when I turned around to check, there it was. It didn't live long with four smacking it around though.

Diablos is underground. You can force him out of hiding by shooting the remobras with your slinger

If you spawn at the northern most basecamp in the W.S. wastes and leave the camp, the diablos would be inside of the cave that you entered unless the Kulu-ya-ku replaced it. There are also two entrances to that cave from the surface so its not impossible to get to where it is.

The scoutfly clues are not random. I spent at least 15 minutes following anjanath around with the ghillie suit and watched him sneeze on stuff and leave footprints around the map. The monsters leave these clues for you. They are not randomly placed around the map. Try it out.

Friendly reminder from your friends at the mh discord that you are just a bunch of losers posting in a irrelevant inactive chan

The button prompts actually stop displaying past a certain point. After an hour, I stopped seeing tutorial prompts entirely, and I got fucking destroyed by Diablos because of it.

Still managed to beat him. Switch Axe is kinda broken, and lance mounts way too easily.

I found it while hunting the third monster. Near the coast.

My question is how well do you think keyboard and mouse controls will translate for MonHun World on PC?

Try playing one of the PSP games on PPSSPP without a controller.

So.
World.
It's gonna be good, right? The demo is pretty great so far, even though I'm not used to half these mechanics since I'm a stubborn Freedom Unite babby.

After playing a few more hunts both single and multiplayer, it seems to me like it's going to be fun, but flawed in certain ways. I can't tell for sure whether it'll be good or bad but the beta seems pretty good to me.

Generally the demos for MH gives you OP equipment so it's hard to tell what the actual difficulty and progression is going to be like for sure in the full game. But as far as most mechanics go, I like it a lot.

I'm pretty confident at this point that, while the entry content might be easier than the other titles, the lategame/endgame fights will be just as bad as any other game and just as unfriendly to casuals.

I'm sorry but I just can't forgive running while drinking and gears of war heavy bowguns.

This combined with the console controls are really fucking me up

What other controls would there be? PC?

Anyone know if there is a setting or combination of settings to set the kinsect to shoot forward relative to your hunter and not the camera? It's the one thing throwing me off about getting used to glaiving on an actual controller.

The portable controls the main series has had for almost the last decade

i can't tell what's ironic or not anymore
aside from hame runs to farm shit, there's literally no point especially when mh is so babby friendly now that 140gqs from the shitshow called 4g lasts for 4 to 11 minutes solo on average.

I think it's just straight up shitposting, they've used the exact same wording multiple times to try and push their little side clique and shit on people who solo.

it's pasta made to make fun of the sad people that think their discord group is worth shit.

It's a guy assmad that people decided to use a VOIP program to chat and hunt in a multiplayer game that lacked any kind of system.
It's the same kind of sperging you'd see in the splatoon 2 threads for people wanting to use mumble.

With the exception of the added stick, which newer entries did have, I'm not sure the controls are all that different.

MHW is a big letdown because it's fundamentally not MH. MH at it's core is just a fighting game with AI monsters. The two things that make these games tick is spacing and commitment, along with how the two mesh together. They're not like DaS or God Eater where you're encouraged to i-frame or block your way through everything, but more about being in the right position to safely deal the most damage you can. Attacks in MH and fighting games have a lot more recovery than other more popular games, so you have to be very conscious of your positioning to not get hit. You do still have options to help correct your positioning if its off, but it's much more restricted than things like DaS or God Eater, since you can't generally roll/evade in all directions (and your default roll can only avoid small things like quick roars or tailwhips) or block everything to win. Try playing MH like those games and you'll get your shit pushed in real fast, because movement and positioning is what lets you avoid damage. What MHW does wrong is it makes the game much less reliant on spacing and commitment, and makes it more like DaS or GE. They added too many ways for the hunter to move and adjust, without really giving the monsters much of anything. I only got to play it for a little while, but here's the stuff I did notice (I didn't get to use all weapons, or test each weapon super closely):

In previous games if you wanted to avoid attacks while you had your weapon out, you would use big hops. You do this by hitting backwards and dodge at the same time, and you'd go further than just hitting dodge. In MHW you always big hop in neutral, which makes it much easier to position yourself than normal. I don't mind making it easier to input, but the fact they straightup made you always big hop (taking away the option of doing the regular hop) shows how casual friendly they want it.

It's the Tri lance. It was clear that the MH team removed the ability to counter after the third poke because you didn't have to commit to shit and you could always counter. Lance was better because you had to either choose between your third poke or not getting hit. Here you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Demon mode takes forever to fully drain your stamina, so being in that mode really isn't that big of a deal. You also always have the spinning top from one button press, so you can still easily move around without needing to dodge normally. They also took out the ability to do the double spin attack outside of a combo, probably because of the high recovery. You don't have to worry about going into different modes anymore since you can dodge and spin around without having to really manage your stamina in demon mode. You don't have to choose between squeezing in more attacks or stopping yourself early to get to safety, like the Tri lance.

I didn't have time to test this more, or with other weapons, but I noticed after an attack I could roll backwards (correct me if I'm wrong). It wasn't the backwards slash, but an actual roll backwards. In other MH games you generally only get to roll forward or sideways which made you position yourself in very particular ways if you didn't want to get hit. Here you can do whatever because you have an easy out.

You seem to be able to pivot a lot more during your charge attack compared to other games. Sure in gen 3+ you could pivot your attack a little, but nowhere near this much. This makes it so you don't have to position yourself correctly since you can always adjust. You should commit to a whiffed attack if you aim it wrong.

I also didn't really know how relevant this is for other weapons, but you could turn up to pretty much 180 while you were attacking. You don't have to care about your orientation at all, its much like the GS complaint.

I didn't use it that much, but that new foresight slash makes it much easier to ignore proper positioning with rolls.>SA
No downswing outside of a combo. It seems like they really wanted to remove high recovery attacks being done in neutral. They didn't want casuals to complain about how slow the button is, and how they always get hit, so they made it combo only.

You can walk and shoot. Don't have to position and space yourself properly like with old BG.

You can use items while sprinting. It's a big deal considering movement is how you mainly avoid damage in MH, not with i-frames or block.

I don't know if they kept small nuances like sheathing without directions being faster than while holding a direction, so it'd be great if someone could test that. I don't remember if your character has to turn around to change directions either. I could complain about a lot of things about MHW, like the graphics, or the fucking bugs, but the biggest thing is that it's just not a MH game. It seems like an alright action game based off of MH, like how someone might like GE or Toukiden, but no one would say those games are MH. To the shills in the thread, let me put it like this. Take someone who's played any MH game before World and they'll do fine in World cause they can get away with playing a bit more sloppy. Take someone who's only played World and make them play previous games, even recent ones like 4G or X, and they'll get their ass kicked. It's not because of things like hitboxes or controls, since the controls are pretty much the same. It's because they'll be too used to having bad spacing. They won't be used to figuring out the proper orientation to hit a L3 GS charge and safely roll away. They won't have to decide between damage or safety when using DS or the lance. They'll just be used to playing MHW which is just watered down bullshit that's more like DaS than MH. It's okay to like MHW as a different kind of action game, but you can't call it a MH game.

There's also that shoulder tackle that lets you reposition yourself completely mid-charge.

Yeah it cancels your charge and moves you to the next stage of your combo, meaning you can shoulder tackle twice and move to the loop the loop move.
There's actually a video someone showed me that shows it off a fair bit come to think of it.

The addition of triggers is mostly what gets me
Sprint being mapped to the stick as a toggle also doesn't help

Wait.
I see. Kek.

i would report you for being a retard, but seeing as you are on the monhun general you're indeed in the right place.

No one belives in your lies makoto

So playing MonHun UUUU, I really like the greatsword, but I was wondering, Why use SnS or Long blade?

Thanks for your posts, very informative and cute. I wish I could add something since most of the detailed posts get ignored in these threads but I wanted to say that I was appreciative at least. The fact that tri-lance is back and that it's not even the safest weapon says a lot. I guess the game sounds playable at least.

That one user proved you wrong in last thread, are you going to spam this thread again after being proved wrong by our discord?

It is easy to win when your opponent is always a loser. :^)

Does anyone here actually enjoy MH?
Jesus Christ

Good question. GS is king of raw dps but can be risky to use. SnS is more applicable for applying status/more defensive than Dual Blades and is very newcomer friendly.
LS is for shitters and french alt weapons.

Now i understand what venon snake felt.
But no, i don't think Rioureusu is a better name than Rathalos and can actually say MonHun 4u instead of 4g without having a aneurism.
Also i hate the claw and never want to go back that shit ever again.

welcome to Holla Forums - "reddit exiles trying to fit in" version

Well, it's not as bad as being able to actually move while charging, but judging from how powerful that third strike looks to be it still seems pretty damn abusable, and either way is part of the general trend of World's design to distance itself from committing to actions.

As in using the whole L3/R3 shit? I hope you can just use the normal buttons instead, L3/R3 is the worst part of modern controllers, and was easily the most irritating part of the control scheme in the PS2 MonHuns.

Every weapon plays pretty differently, though some obviously more than others. There's a lot of replay value and depth in learning a new weapon, and it can provide a fun way to reexperience older games by taking them on with weapons you're not so familiar with.

I fucking love it, hence why I'm playing it right now.

You either die or live long enough to see yourself become the villain and now you see another reason why trying to create identities on an anonymous imageboard is cancer

I see, I'm stuck at trying to beat Shagara Magala. Nothing I can do but git gud doing villager requests in the mean time. How Important is Affinity when it comes to damage? Because between Gore GS and Tigerex GS, Tigerex has more Base dmg but Gore has 25% Affinity and 150 Dragon element.

Critical hits do 1.25x damage, so what you should do is take the raw you have on the Tigarex sword, multiply it by 100, then take the Gore's base, multiply it by 75, and add that total to the Gore's base after multiplying by 1.25 and 25. That will give you the average raw output comparison. Element is a little trickier to work in, but considering Shagaru is weak to Dragon, unless the Tiga sword has a LOT more average raw output even after factoring in the crit bonuses, you may find the Gore sword more effective.

LOL

Just because you are lonely assburger with no friends, it doesn't mean talking to others mid game doesn't give advantage.

Alright, Seems like Gore sword is still best sword, One more thing. Does Sharpness effect damage as well? Tigerex have Blue level and Gore has green but overall Gore has the most sharpness.

Is this confirmation that it is another chinese neural network that has gone rogue?

Absolutely does. I've found conflicting details on the exact numbers, but Green sharpness either is a 1.05x or a 1.125x multiplier for raw and a 1x for element, while Blue is either 1.20x or 1.25x for raw and 1.0625x element. Since you're using GS, even a relatively small amount of Blue can last you a long time, so keep that in mind as well.

Also, if you pull a Level 3 charge off it counts as one level of sharpness higher than normal, so if you pull one off with the Tigrex in Blue, the multipliers you get would be the White ones, which seem to be 1.32x raw and 1.125x element.

Whoa, That's a pretty big difference. I'll be sure to put all this to good use!

Awesome, happy hunting!

Edgy.

What do you mean? They are fun to use.
SnS can be played as a "support" with wide range.

What happens with a L.3 purple sharpness charge?

Not being able to play the game since there's no PC demo, this is what I feared would happen when they announced the game saying they didn't want to lock the player into too many animations and being able to move while healing. MH is about commitment and spacing, that's what makes mastering a monster fun. It's when you place yourself just on the edge of a monster's attack and manage a hit without getting hit yourself, turning battles into a sort of trance where you're always one step ahead and manage to outplay the monster and land every attack safely through skill, timing and raw monster knowledge that the game feels truly satisfying. Making any of these steps easier takes away that satisfaction at the end.

Don't think we watched the same video lad

Pro

Con

This video showcases AUTO HEALING. 90% of the healing done in this video was through no choice of player input, but auto activated because "OMG your HP is low, lemme recover that for you, you pissy retard baby!"

And THIS video shows how:

Take note that I play as a stubborn fuck who refused to heal+walk at the same time and I still win within the time limit.

Dual Blade Crit builds are absurdly powerful. Crit's importance is about raw damage but also speed, it's less important on the GS unless it's a very decent affinity boost.

Autohealing looks reasonable as a mechanic. A portion of the most recent damage you take recovers over a period of time. It's not like you just automatically regenerate half your bar when you get low.

That said, you seem to have WAY too much health relative to the damage you take. Seems like you could survive a good 10-20 hits without any healing at all. If the game was designed as a real test of endurance that might be reasonable, but with healing readily available from multiple sources (automatic or otherwise) that really just seems too easy.

Longsword has a fairly unique combat style, and is decent at both raw damage and elemental damage. It's also got an extremely long reach. I think of it as a very balanced jack-of-all-trades weapon. It can be extremely difficult to use well in multiplayer though, because blind shitters who don't know what tripping is spam spirit attacks near other hunters. Most of these shitters have moved on to Charge Blade or Insect Glaive instead by now, but they're just as bad (or worse) when it comes to tripping people.
SnS is a bit tricky. It's not a great weapon. It hits fast so it's good at applying statuses and doing elemental damage, but DBs hit way faster and are generally better for damage dealing. You can use items without sheathing, but, some weapons (eg DBs, GS) sheathe very quickly so that's not as huge of a benefit as you might think. It's still an advantage, and with a few flash bombs any flying monster will regret having wings. (You can also fuck Diablos and Monoblos up real good.) You have a shield; it's not very useful, but, it's useful enough to keep you alive in an emergency. SnS is pretty much the best weapon at dealing statuses, so para and blast are its two best friends. Sleep's good, too. Combine this with the ease of tossing a flash bomb at a flying monster, and SnS is very good at keeping a monster down. Which is good, because it has trouble hitting things that are high up.

Once it's available critdraw becomes almost mandatory for GS, so at that point, as long as affinity isn't negative, it's completely irrelevant for GS. Even negative affinity tends to matter so little that GS can ignore it in favor looking at everything that has the highest level of sharpness currently available and just picking whichever has the biggest attack number. And GS doesn't care about element much, because usually, pure raw damage tends to outperform elemental damage.

That got me a few times, but honestly I really like the fade slash for the CB. It's fantastic for repositioning. I don't see using it for getting out of the way faster than a dodge, though.

Imagine a game where an attack does 10 damage to your 100 hp.

Now imagine a game where that same attack does 20 damage, but you can heal 10 back if you don't get hit again for 10 seconds.

You are complaining about the second game being "babby mode" when it's objectively harder than the first one. The mechanic is fine, the balance is what's wrong here.

I'm very worried. Have there ever been any betas where the game was easy or had glaring flaws that were fixed on release?
I already know the answer just kill me

Nice framing of a hypothetical. Let me try:
Imagine a game where you take 10 damage. Now imagine a game where you take 10, but heal 5 easily.

Your solution is to balance the game around the latter and not create a game with decent enough gameplay that the latter isn't necessary. It's why we went from healthpacks to regen health and shields.

That kind of autohealing is what MonHun's always had though. The autohealing the vidposter is complaining about is presumably stuff like the full heal bugs and such.

If you balance the game around the latter you can create a game that's even more lethal when you consistently fuck up but only the same lethality when you only occationally fuck up. It's a good mechanic.

That's not what he described, and it's not what I saw in the segments of video that I watched. "Full heal bugs" are not something done without player input, you have to go and find those.

Haven't gotten around to that video yet, so fair enough. I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the red bar healing that's always been in though.

I didn't see any other healing except a potion about halfway in, but I only watched sections of video and not the whole thing so maybe I missed it. Seems unlikely though.

What you mean the red portion of your health that you always recover in every Monster Hunter game? Because every time he used a potion there was player input.
Unless you're talking about the ability cats have to bring a vigorwasp to you and heal you, but cats have been able to heal you since FU so I really don't see your point.

No, you can't. Because it provides a fallback that is encouraging breaking from the action. In the former scenario healing is part of combat, in the latter healing is inherently separate from combat.
It's a bad mechanic. It's artificial difficulty at best, and encouraging breaks in combat at worst.

Fags let's assemble a room and hunt something big.

So the game will randomly force you to drink a potion?
What the fuck did they do to the AI? I remember back when a monster would look around and refuse to go to sleep if you were even in the same room as it. Now they go to sleep even if you're still attacking them.

It's not encouraging breaks in combat because it only applies to the most recent hit. Exiting combat after every hit taken is not practical. If it were simple health regen where you suck your thumb in a corner and full heal after a bit that would be a different story. What we are talking about is an encouragement to not get hit again

It becomes practical when doing so provides free health recovery. Especially on high-damage hits.
The encouragement to not get hit again already existed. Getting hit was always discouraged, always something you didn't want. Now you just have an extra incentive to break combat.

There was nothing I could do!
The system works because it lets you restore part of your health from the last hit if you don't get hit again. You can either be a bitch and run away to heal, which also lets the monster recover and makes you time out or power through it and recover as much health as possible or fully restore the red meter if you don't get hit again in the meantime. The only time red health is usable as a combat mechanic is when you're fighting monsters with low damage output like the Barroth in the video or a tired monster, or when you know the monster well enough that the hit you took in the first place was a stupid mistake on your end that doesn't happen often. Against higher damage you're going to simply heal yourself, the risk of a cart because you're fighting and another hit can kill you while you're recovering isn't worth the saved potion or two, unless, like I said, you're confident enough that you won't get hit again.

Existence is inhumane.

Tfw get soon to test beta. I hope it is ok.

Just from testing in the demo horn buffs got nerfed in general. Maybe buffs just overall did, but they were giving pretty minor bonuses compared to what they did in 3/4/X. And the only reason I use those is a baseline is because I remembered the values off the top of my head.

They really really hate horn

So did you not push the Square button for the first and third heals? Because it didn't light up for those, which makes me think that's what you meant by the game autohealing you. Both of those also happened almost immediately after sheaths, which makes me wonder if the game is reading you holding the button down a moment too long as saying you want to use the item as well as sheath?

Aren't the buffs % based? So they wouldn't be amazing for low rank demo.

They're actually not that intrusive except when you have a monster trail locked on.
1) wow it's the same as the other MHs you spend some time jogging (remember when fuckers skipped zones? yeah FUN)
2) In world you can stop them from fleeing. Paralysis, explosive/stun slinger ammo, flashes make them fight you again. get gud.
Complaining about that on the fucking tutorial monster, how new are you?
You have one spiderman attempt (if you got hit by a "MOVE" countered attack) and the actual fail state is your stamina just like… other MHs

Wow your companion heals you just like, I dunno, other MH games?
Go fight diablos.

the shoulder tackle doesn't really move forward and you lose out on damage.

True charged slash is very much the definition of commitment, 4 whole seconds of it.

World is amazing and the QoL changes were very much needed.

They're pumping out pretty low numbers even for % is the issue. Roughly 10% for them from the testing I did.

Such as?

Well that sucks. HH is one of the most unique weapons so I would like to see it more. I am a fag and can't play it well myself.

The player was holding Brace when the monster tried to shake him off, and then dodging when the monster tried to use the environment to knock him off.

There is no mounting meter this time, it just drains your stamina. Some moves the monster can do to shake you off can drain a lot if you don't brace.

Also roars do have shockwaves. (2:09 - 2:10) They're just less noticeable. AFAIK all the monsters' roars in the beta can be blocked by Earplugs (one of the mantles gives you temporary earplugs). The roars that stun you are also very, very short, compared to the roars of the previous games. Probably giving you less time to dodge through them and attack the monster while they're roaring.

I assume that the ones will need HG Earplugs will have more noticeable shockwaves and/or will probably be longer.

I mained it even after the first big nerf it got in X/XX but jesus this is just sad at this point. You do slighly more in theory because your perform got an MV buff, except you do less in practice because of the buff nerf. In addition to the massive stun nerf that the monster hunter team seems to love giving horn every new iteration now, unironically the "don't hit the head with the HH" isn't even a joke anymore, the damage and stun you do is so pitiful you're basically better off going for a less crowded area when hunting with a group.

What is up with these posts?

no clue, world being… mediocre? it's not bad but it's not great, seems to be making people mad on both sides of it for whatever reason.
There's like 6 bots going on during peak now

Take your discord drama shit somewhere else, no one gives a shit about your shitty server.

Seems to be one guy who's skipping IPs

Barely anyone posts in discord so I don't think it can be called that.

Regardless take this shitty drama elsewhere. Last time I got involved was with FF XIV and now I may have to get involved with WoW. I'd rather not get involved if possible.

Damn right Mark!
Who the fuck needs discord when we got each other?!?

Fork the spammer's IP? That should take care of it.

Naw, the style is too inconsistent to be one guy. We know he's probably an american because he spams during US times. I mean this was partially caused by the horrific defense I've seen played out here about world's flaws making it incredibly easy to become shitpost central.

Also happened with the dragon's dogma online threads.

The MH discord that supposedly been on this board since 2015 hates that we dont like world archive.is/BsdWm

One post? Wow we have a case here boys.

Is that the case? They all had only (1) post. Either way thanks for reporting them.

sometimes the ip hop fucks up and the bot replies to themselves.

You have been shitting up threads long before that, it's not a coincidence that all the reactions images that you see posted on here that come from cuckchan vg MH are from the same posters from the "discord", it's also not a coindicence that you have been shitting on everybody else that had a different opinion to your clique

What?

Eh.

i dunno but i don't really want my hunts to last longer with the little shits taking aggro from the monster and doing little to no punishment.
i actually thought this was a meme but i did saw videos of people using companions in earlier monhun games. still baffling to this day.

But kitties are cute.

What or how do you name your hunters/palicoes?

I've been wanting to know this for a while. I usually chose names of characters from other video games because I have no creativity of my own.

You can choose not to bring cats. You can't turn of scoutflies and all the other environmental garbage that clutters the game.

i liked the masked guys better. the poison trap and landmine was nice though.

Usually made up names, but this time, considering Palico customization, I'll probably will make it look like my cat and name it the same.

This will be the default scrub meta unless they change it before release. There's no reason *not* to use this outside of having self respect.

I haven't even used mantles at all during either demo. I keep forgetting about them

How long do you thing it'll take for it to be banned from speedruns?

wrong thread, sorry bout that.

Im not going to tell you my hunter name but much like an immature middle schooler I named my palico 8=====D
Did you know that in mhw you can now make a guild of 50 players called a squad? We can make our own Holla Forums guild so we dont have to play with randoms and hit each other up whenever we go online. Its a win win for us.

So what is our Squad (guild) name going to be?

Let's Play A Better Game

Some of the mantles sound like they could be useful, even if (depending on how easy they are to acquire) they're essentially free buffs, but the rocksteady mantle is the absolute last thing I ever expected to see in a Monster Hunter game. It just flat out gives you 90 seconds of penalty free damage.

It probably won't even need to be banned, there's nothing interesting about doing speedruns if you can no-sell all the damage you receive for 90s. Who would even want to record that?

Every speedrun I've seen of the demo has used it.

Is this your first MH or something?

Bull-fucking-shit, the damn cat pulls them out of its ass and pops them over your face automatically everytime you get knocked over or have you health clip below 80%.

Healing from cats is nothing new.

If they make the monsters more aggressive this will easily be the best MonHun ever. You fags are deluded.

I am no longer as creative as I used to be, probably thanks to the amount of fluoride I have probably been drinking for the past while but here are some shitty names I thought up anyways. Something that rhymes would be nice because I remember the Holla Forums dragons dogma online guild's name was called "Daimon Dogs"

Or should we just be humble and call ourselves?

Diablos is already plenty aggressive.
I've had a friend introduced to the series through this game and while he was able to clear every mission i enjoyed watching him get his shit pushed in by the horny REEEEEEEEEE machine.

Has anyone tried gunlance? The wystakes or whatever look pretty cool.

I can't bring myself to like gunlance.
From one side the pokes and the shots have never been better but when's the time to deal actual damage it's better off to just poke poke poke shoot> repeat, rather than using the new flashy comboes and hoping to hit with the harpoon.

I believe earplug has 5 levels now so who knows what roar needs what level.

Meowster Hunters.

Way to suck out the fun out of GL for yourself user.
The new combos along with the running thrust and whole magazine shot are fucking amazing to use and are an absolute blast

Gaijinhunter is a cuckoo.

I really don't get why they would make a cool system of monsters leaving behind tracks and stuff for you to find and follow and then give you magical glowing bugs that do all the work for you. When is someone going to make a game where you get to go tracking without the tracks glowing or having a magical guide show you exactly where to go? MGS4 was close but you still have thermal goggles and raiden holding your hand the entire time.

Not really, the maps and overall design is much worse. A lot of weapons lost identity

I'm indeed talking about any of the potion drinking where I am moving. I purposefully drank only one potion, and because I'm proving a point, I refuse to move when I drink one to show that planning and timing is the core of mon hun.

I purposefully disabled any healing abilities my partner could do.

Actually, in other MonHuns you could fail a mount by the monster "catching up" to you on the mounting bar, which doesn't seem to be a thing here at all near as I can tell.

It doesn't seem a very big movement, but the point is that you can do it to cancel out of a move you couldn't cancel out of before, and you can use it to reposition while taking less damage and Super Armoring, which is pretty insane.

How so? Do the charge attacks you cycle into lose motion value or something?

Except you can drop that now with the shoulder move.

What QoL?

Mark not being a faggot? Guess there ARE Christmas miracles.

Where did you see that? First I've heard of any sighting of any "binary" Skill getting more levels than it used to have.

I'm pretty sure he meant that once you release the button and start the attack, you go into a lengthy animation which require to hit the monster twice for full damage and then have a relatively high recovery time were you cannot dodge nor use any other move. And I think it doesn't have Superarmor, or at least there are attacks that knock you out of it, had it happen to me. It does require commitment. Also even if tackle reduces damage, we will have to see how damaging are the monsters in the full game.

That arrekz guy or whatever his name is has a list of all the skills he has seen so far. The earplugs being one of them.
Attack up has seven levels.

The absolute state of the 8ch MH discord(one more time).

Are they retarded? Were actually discussing and playing the demo now. We've been doing that since yesterday.

They're using Discord, fell for the nipanon meme, and think 4/v/ has actual discussion. Take a wild guess.

what do you think?

I think the new GS is pretty interesting, but I guess the tackle is a bit too good.

Is there any way to change bugs' color? I am basically color blind and seeing them in desert map is almost impossible until they form the huge swarm.

Damn phone changing IP randomly.
pls no bully I am at my family to celebrate xmas

My bad yeah. It's pretty much the same "spam triangle and just grab when monster's angry" mechanic, but it does seem easier in world.
It's something like a single step forward or so.
It is insanely good yeah, but you still take a good amount of damage (at least 2/3rds of it?) so you basically fuck yourself up if you shoulder big moves, and you have to commit to the tackle itself as you can't just roll cancel it with impunity
You can at the very least power through a diablos charge! At the cost of almost half your hp.
Even charged, shoulder only does 20-30 damage compared to at least 60+ for a swing that takes around the same time, maybe a tad bit more.

All in all, it does enable a more reckless, casual style of play but frankly shitters will just cart using the tackle. You really need to know the monster well to be able to reliably set up true slash with it.
Things like
- Radial item menus
- Much better item box handling (auto-filling the amount to how much of the item you can get max when transferring stuff so it's easier and faster etc.)
- Faster and on the go item gathering
- Auto crafting
(with these two, clutch grabbing a flashbug off the wall to drop a rath becomes possible and is real fun)
- whetstones being just infinite and not part of your items anymore
- not having to fight in smallass zones and getting launched into loading screens
- finally got rid of flexing (I think potion walk/roll cancel is balanced because of longer heal times but running is fucked up.)

Does world feel more casual than older MH? Yeah, (except X/XX) but it comes with a smoothness and richness that feel amazing, and the core gameplay still has all the toughness and learning and fun of MH.

That's fair, I think the other guy mentioned that there were still a few moves with high recovery, they're just all placed at the end of combos.

Google found me some e-celeb looking shitter, is it this guy? youtu.be/qRHLDAzPOIU If so, does he actually have it written down anywhere, or do you just have to sift through all his video shit where he refuses to fucking shut up? Either way, didn't see any indication of Earplugs, but looking at what IS shown, Attack, Critical Eye, and (Element) Attack look rather overpowered compared to before, while the regular Defense Skill looks to be more useful with weaker armor but less useful with stronger armor due to a lack of a percent gain. The elemental resistance skills do look much stronger than before. The one that catches my eye is Evade Window, which looks to replace Evasion, which has gone from 3 stages to 5, though because of the lack of hard numbers it's impossible to say how this will compare to the normal Evasion.

Granted, but it seems more like a way to escape if you start charging and lock yourself into the path of a monster's attack. And the tackle itself looks short enough that I'm not sure when you'd cancel out of it anyway.

The thing where you get a circle with the items instead of the normal selection? It honestly looks worse than the normal to me, but since the normal is still available, nothing wrong with having more options.

Hopefully that can be disabled, there's quite a few instances where I want to take less of a specific item than the maximum.

This is pretty much the only thing I've seen that I can't think of any real negatives about, though I would presume you still have to sit still and mine/swing the net for ores/bugs.

This I'm hesitant on, because god knows how many times I've had to find a safe moment to open up the menu and combine, and I do think it adds an important extra bit of tension, especially for Gunners who shouldn't be getting hit as much and thus shouldn't generally need to be stopping to heal as often. Also curious how that's going to work with things like ammunition where it has a chance of combining for more than just the one, since that could lead to "wasted" combines in a sense.

While it does remove a bit of bloat in a sense, considering the reason for doing it I can't really be happy.

I don't think having a bunch of empty corridors and extra climbing is any better to be honest. And large open areas were always the worst to fight in, remember the first area of the desert back in 2nd gen?

That's not QoL at all, that's game balance.

That's the thing though - it's pretty clear that the game is taking away the need to learn by simulating it for you with the bugs and the in-game encyclopedia, and it just doesn't look nearly as tough or as fun as MonHun.

Because his wife left him?

In the demo, when Diablos does his double attack where he steps forward and swings his head twice, I was able to tackle through the first one, but couldn't roll away in time to avoid the second one. That's one instance, though I could have just fucked up the timing, haven't played with the tackle much yet.

You do still have to stop to mine ore. Not sure about bugs.

Has this been confirmed? I thought it was just for the beta.

Honestly, the corridors really only seem to be a problem on certain parts of the forest map. The desert was pretty wide open.

Scoutflies aside, the in-game encyclopedia is the one complaint I really can't empathize with at all. Anyone who played these games for more than a few hours looked up the monster's info on a wiki or Kiranico, what exactly is the difference here other than convenience?

Getting used to radial wheel is hard, but at least you could disable the use-on-release. Kind of retarded default setting.

Automatically playing half of the game for you isn't quality of life, it's a mechanical change. It allows you to focus on the combat instead of gathering and experimenting with combination (not that experimentation means much post gen-1). Quality of life is holding to gather instead of pressing, being able to gain items without committing any time to the action changes how you play fundamentally, not just saves you a-presses, opening the menu to combine also restricts your available actions and movement, so unless auto-combine puts you in a menu-open state this is also a game mechanics change. Removing whetstones is questionable, since the 20 whetstone limit is more than you could reasonable use in a quest without having a very specific build, but it still costs money or time to collect whetstones, so this isn't a definitively QoL improvement. Fixing zone hitboxes wouldn't exactly be a QoL improvement, but if a monster can enter or die in an area that you can't reach purely because of the zoning hitbox (as opposed to killing a swimming plesioth or a monster in lava) it's clearly an issue. The problem with this is that the only reason the zoning screens are 'fixed' is because they don't exist anymore, so you can't say that this issue has been fixed so much as flat-out removed.
This is an important distinction to make because the discussion isn't about quality of life anymore but about game balance instead, so whether you like these changes or you think that they make for better gameplay becomes the topic instead of simply 'these are QoL improvements'. For instance, I'd be inclined to make some arguments for why gathering being tied to an animation is important for some games, regardless of whether I like it or not, but I don't think there's very much to be said about holding to gather instead of constantly pressing to gather, or about the existence of item sets. So on that, easier to use item menus and item boxes are definitely quality of life, but the radial menu isn't an absolute improvement, though it probably is much better, and if the auto-filling can't be toggled there are situations where this could be counter-productive, but for the most part it saves pressing a few presses to set the amount to max for the vast majority of items you take out.
Also, did you make that comment about removing flexing honestly? It's basically a running joke at this point to say that you think the flex is stupid, it's important as part of the game-balance and as part of the series' style.

The only way to do that is to not bring your palico with you dumbass

It's truly not. Maybe if say, only one of your legs will be in the monsters hitbox since it'll move you about half a character forward at most. It is a way to get out of being launched though.

I actually feel tackle takes longer to get out of than swing.
Oh, you can perfectly do that, it's just that they adjusted the default behavior to the one you use the most (taking as much as you can), which is great.
You do, but it's faster too for ores.
Fair point.
Tried that out. It seems it won't auto-craft it there are multiple possible autocraftable items as a result of a pickup

not 100% confirmed, but in your item pouch, the whetstone is in a particular category, "Fixed Items" together with the capture net, fishing rod and bbq.
And I just noticed the materials pouch is 24 slots.

Post in discord that mh discussion won't happen anymore whilst the bot keeps shitting on any opposing opinions and immediately afterwards
Like pottery.

nice discord you've got there lol

Desperate.

quit talking about some random fucking discord no one cares about holy shit

nice shop

Wouldn't that be nice? But our two shitposters here have woken up and their communist state has fucked them over to the point where the only joy they get is shitposting about an irrelevant discord where people play video games. So they gotta post about it all the time in a really cringeworthy fashion.

i wasn't aware, so sorry.

life is hard.

nice shop kiddo.

If anyone needs a spare hunter for the Beta, I got it open and I'm playing with randoms at the moment.

It's a wasted opportunity and designed the way it is purely so that players don't have to learn things for themselves. It doesn't give precise enough data to actually replace using the Dex, so the players dedicated enough to want that knowledge still need to use outside sources. On the other hand, because it's filled in automatically by hunting instead of requiring the player to fill it in manually with what they've noticed by fighting it, it doesn't encourage observation or learning about the monster as a whole, since the game will just tell you that anyway.

Again, you're taking reduced damage when using the tackle, so it's still an escape from a purely prone state, just not as bad a one as a Bushido or Brave escape.

Good to hear, then yeah, that's QoL.

While that's interesting, I thought I heard people were talking about being able to autocraft Potions? Blue Mushrooms can be used to craft Antidotes too though, or did they change the recipe? That'll be interesting to see when the full title releases.

While I'm certainly not World's biggest fan, I haven't been shitting on it nonstop. Plus, as we've seen in this very thread, even the guy who created the meme in the first place has had it turned on him. The whole thing was stupid cancer, like all attempts to make identity out of anonymity.

Just report them.

Yeah but mods don't seem to care.

Since we're already in autosage it might be a moot point now, but judging from it'll be worth doing in more living threads.

It's more the mods seem to be under the impression the discord is a new thing, rather than having been around since December 2015

The wiki is filled in by YOU the HUNTER doing different things to the monster. Stop posting this bullshit. It's been debunked.

You're missing the point - it's filled in automatically by you hunting, instead of them giving you a blank sheet for you to manually fill in with details based on your observations.

I don't know who you want to fools nipanon, but no one is buying it

if that is the point then you should remove all the guide in the OP since you're spoon-feeding people about the hunt, which is worst

The more you break parts hit weak points and use items the monster is vulnerable to the more research points you get. The better you get at hunting the monster the more details you unlock about it in the wiki what you're asking for is legitimately retarded. Stop posting any time.

Different audiences. Broadly, you can split things up between new and veteran players, the latter of whom are the ones that would be taking advantage of resources that give things like exact drop rate percentages or specific hit zone values. This group benefits in absolutely no way from the in-game encyclopedia as it is now, because the data offered is the kind of thing they're likely to memorize on their own just by fighting the monsters.

Now, you might argue, it's not for them anyway, what about the newbie players? For them I would say this hurts their development in learning the game, because it takes away their need to observe how effective their strikes against the monster are in various parts of the body, since the game will tell them anyway. What would've been better is to give them a blank sheet, perhaps with lines for the hit zones, and let them fill in which zones are weaker or stronger based on how much blood came out when they hit it, or entering in the names of the items that dropped from carving or breaking or capturing. This would encourage the newer players to pay attention and learn the game, whereas as is they don't have to. As is, the system benefits no one.

The in game wiki is a net gain for everyone who isn't an autistic faggot like yourself user. Most people don't have time for your idea of fun. Never ever design a game.

Your very reasoning is stupid. That shit you said is so stupid you should be glad I'm doing you the service of acknowledging it and calling you out instead of straight up laughing at you.

So, that's a no then, got it.

You are the only person I have seen that thinks an in game wiki is in any way a bad idea. You really need to stop posting.

I think it could've been a great idea as a way to encourage new players to learn about the game's mechanics and teach them to be observant, and I'm very sad at the wasted potential because of the desire to draw in an audience not interested in video games instead.

No you don't.

I dare you to quote where he explicitly said an in-game wiki is a bad idea

Considering he's sunk to trying to tell people what they do or don't think, I think it's safe to say he's just shitposting.

You still haven't explained how your idea would be any different than writing it down IRL in a journal, or in a text document on a computer. If the game hands a player a blank piece of paper and tells them "Write down what you think you learned", do you actually expect them to bother? And, if it's manual input, what happens if incorrect info is put it? If the game doesn't tell you if it's right or wrong, then what's the point of having it? How does it encourage people to actually learn what's happening if it provides no feedback at all? If I could write in that a Rathalos's head will bounce purple, and that its legs have a hitzone of 1200, the book is useless at providing any information, and is no different than a scrap of paper. But then, what if the book does tell you if it's right or wrong, or only accepts correct info? Then it becomes guesswork. Put in a hitzone of 5, then 10, then 15, then 20… until it goes green and says "Correct!". That doesn't help people to learn, either.

Practically, it wouldn't be that different, same as it's not any different having access to the Dex separately putting aside that the Dex has more detailed information. The major difference would be the convenience people keep ascribing to the feature as it is now, and that it would serve as a direct motivation on the part of the game to push players to be more observant and considerate of hit zones.

That's actually part of why I think it's a good idea - they should be able to make mistakes, otherwise what's the point? Let them learn from it, and as they fight the monster again they might start to realize "Hm, maybe I was wrong about this" and go back and fix it.

Agreed, I think that would be pointless and silly.

How the fuck is that any different than looking up a guide in the OP you fucking retard? You just as guilty for being a casual enabler for posting guide instead of forcing people's to learn on their own

It's no use user, he has autism.

New players aren't going to be coming here though, you're conflating your audiences.

Then whose the guide on the OP is for? veteran players? also don't change the subject, you clearly said in-game wiki is bad for new player when they serve the same purpose as the guide in the OP. At least the in-game wiki force you work and level it up instead of just Google it that require no effort at all.

Yes. The resources in the OP are for experienced players who want more detailed information than can be discerned by natural playing.

I'm not changing the subject at all though, the resources in the OP are entirely for veteran players.

I do think it's a good idea, in theory, but the idea rests on whether or not people would actually use it. Maybe you would. And I'll be honest, I'm autistic enough that I'd probably use it a bit, too; though I'd probably get bored of it quickly then ignore it. But I don't think the average MH player, and especially not the average member of World's audience, would ever bother with it at all.
If there was some sort of reward for getting a certain number of things right (or within a small margin of error) across all of the monster notes or some subgroup of them, but it didn't tell you which ones specifically are right/wrong, then I could see it being used by a lot of people. It would be less abusable through guesswork, because it wouldn't tell you if you had specific things right or wrong, and because it'd be spread out across a large amount of monsters, brute forcing the right answers for the reward would take an eternity. Though I guess anyone who really wanted it and didn't feel like figuring them out would just look it up. Still, then they'd need to figure out rewards for it, and it'd need to be something either fairly rare or exclusive to this, and thematically appropriate. And it'd need to be something good enough to entice people to use it, but not so good that it's OP for how easy it would be to cheat.

Don't be so sure of that. I came here when I was new. I visited the monhun threads months before I started playing the games. It's what first got me interested in the series.

so much for "muh observation". Are you a casual than can't figure out monsters drop rate?

What kind of mental gymnastics are you trying to pull?

Which is really the soul of the problem - it's not being designed with fans of the series in mind, or with encouraging players to become fans of the series as it was, but with just appealing to an entirely different audience entirely.

This sounds really good actually, though like you said the trick would be balancing the rewards out. Maybe unlocking quests where you hunt stronger specimens? Or even making that the way to unlock the quests to hunt the recolor versions?

Fair enough, maybe we ought to alter the copypasta to make it clear that things like the Dex are for veteran players rather than for newbies.

all this talk about in game wiki but then you shill for Dex? what's wrong? can't memorize monsters spawn location :^)

His argument lacks any and all internal consistency. Any and I do many any excuse to hate on the new game is literally the only reason he sticks around. He is not here to discuss the game or even argue about it in good faith. He is only here to shitpost.

So you fags are going to continue shitpost any valid criticism of world?

wew lad

Running thrust?

I knew we had crossposters but the amount of them is staggering. I'm sure they'll shitpost any criticism for eternity.

Yikes, guess you can't provide a reason why having info about the game easily accessible in game to a player is worse for a game over having info only available in an extremely obscure fashion leading players to require out of game resources?

You never needed a dex to learn monster weakpoints for physical damage. You did for elemental though.

you are worse than what you preach against tbhbbqkthx

just go to cuckchan and stay there tbqh

you wish.
ps: cake is tasty :^)

Alright, you can figure out what's the best hitzone to hit with your physical weapon on your own, however the dex provides quantifiable info that you wouldn't be able to find out on your own like elemantal damage and exact numbers of hitzones, unless you're really dedicated or a data miner.
So, what's the solution for the devs? It's clearly a flaw in the game by any stretch of the imagination, otherwise the out of game dex's wouldn't exist.
Well clearly it would be to put the info contained in the out of game dex, into the game.

But now it's a bad thing because it doesn't teach players to watch the monsters reactions to hits, even though you have to fill in the in game dex over time, but somehow that doesn't teach people to watch monsters reactions to hits?
Even though you can get the out of game dex from the get go which, reasonably most people would do, I know I've done that before now, and just learn that the monster is weakest when hit in the head without having ever fought the monster. Which is what people complaining about the in game dex are arguing against…

So somehow this new system that does everything objectively better from all perspectives, is worse because it teaches players the values of weakpoints of monsters in game after they've already very likely learned the weakpoints of monsters through fighting the monsters.
I keep going over this and this is a really dumb argument. Am I getting this right? I feel like I have to go over it a few times just to understand the point people are making in plain english.

Here is the point.
So they wasted the effort on something they didn't even need because it was made obsolete by a UI tweak that took them 20 seconds to code in. People are just going to hit what gives them the biggest numbers anyway so your argument is pointless. Also, it's casualizing the series down. Your argument was shit from the beginning.

So the problem is with damage numbers, not the in game dex. But why talk about the in game dex so much if you're just gonna move the goalposts?
Personally I have little issue with damage numbers being in the game, just means there's more information available to the player. I'd prefer it if damage numbers where a thing you had to switch on rather than a thing you had to turn off though. I don't think they're needed for purposes other than experimenting unless you want to jerk off over big numbers in your video game.

Except they don't do that. The in-game function doesn't include information that detailed, so the people who want exact numbers still need to use Ping's Dex and the like. Further, just because there are people who want to know it doesn't make it a flaw that it's not available in-game. Tons of games have hidden "under the hood" mechanics that are not revealed in-game but that the playerbase will seek out, like Pokemon's hidden stat-determining systems.

Because you don't "fill in the in game dex", the game does it by itself as you earn the points for it. No input from the player beyond "hunt the monster" is required.

What? That's like saying it's "reasonable" for most people to go out and read strategy guides for a game before playing it.

Except it isn't objectively better - it doesn't actually replace outside resources for the veterans because the specific numbers they'd want are still not in the game, just a broad sense of "this is weaker than this," so it serves no purpose for them. On the other hand, for new players, if they're learning the weakpoints on their own anyway like they should be, the in-game function is entirely pointless because it doesn't tell them anything they can't figure out on their own. Literally the only people who benefit from this are and this is the real root of the problem people who either can't or don't want to be bothered to be observant or learn for themselves and want everything handed to them, which just so happens to be the target audience World is built for.

At least go all the way and make it to (100), you fucking faggot.

True, but it gives an in game idea of what you should be hitting the monster with and where, droprates and that's enough to go off for, I'd safely say, 97% of people.

Exactly, and like in Pokemon's stat determining systems, that information has been in the game for the past 3-4 games. There's no reason to keep information like that obscure. Take a look at super training. Now monster hunter is following the trend of making something that was opaque, transparent. It's a good change.

And? That's what a player is supposed to do. The player hunts the monsters, the game rewards you for hunting the monsters.

Yeah, that is reasonable. Obviously not the full thing, I don't want to spoil story or late game/post game details, but enough to learn mechanics of the game and so on. I do that all the time. As a matter of fact I have a Pokemon XY strategy guide up on my shelf I read maybe the first 50 pages before I played the game.

It provides droprates which I think is the only thing a veteran would need other than the knowledge of what does more damage where, and I think you're overstating the value of knowing the specific numbers of hitzones, knowing the exact number of a hitzone has never been relevant other than I'll deal more damage if I hit there, which is what the in game dex does.
I'll concede that knowing the exact difference between hitzones gives you a better idea of how much dps loss you have from not hitting the weakspot, but again I think that's irrelevant to all but a microscopic number of players.

Then why does ping's dex exist? If players were able to figure out all this on their own, why does ping's dex and kiranico exist? Because players can't figure this out on their own perhaps?
I personally spent heaps of time not hitting weakpoints and just cutting off tails of monsters because I enjoyed it, I ranked my favorite monster list on how fun it was to cut off the monsters tail. Chameleos was at the top by the way. I had no idea what weakpoints were until I found kiranico and ping's dex. Because it's a hidden under the hood mechanic, like you said earlier, you can't have it both ways. New players aren't figuring out what weakpoints are, that's why this in game dex has been implemented.

Stop being a fucking retard nipanon, you're defending ping's dex while shitting on the in-game wiki even though they both serve the same purpose.

But those are all things you figure out on your own to begin with, so the in-game almanac isn't really doing those people any favors to begin with.

I actually wasn't aware of that, haven't played a Pokemon in years.

It's not though, the numbers are still obscured. All that's being revealed is stuff that the player could figure out on their own anyway.

The player is also supposed to observe the monsters, to learn their weak points based on blood spurts or the like when they strike, etc. The in-game dex is removing the need for that.

I think this is where the gap is occurring, because I can't fathom that at all. The first thing I want to do with any game is just pick it up and play and learn that way, consulting the instruction manual if I get stuck or can't figure out how I just did that weird move I can't quite replicate.

Does it? I keep hearing it just gives a general "Common" vs. "Rare" type of vague category instead of actual specifics, which is again the sort of thing a player will figure out on their just by playing the game.

For most people, myself included, yeah, it's not that important, which is why I don't use the Dex for that at all, I just figure it out based on what happens when I hit the monster and learn that way. There are people for whom that kind of thing IS important though, and for them, the in-game version simply isn't going to suffice.

Because they give much more exact and specific information than the in-game dex is giving, and beyond that simply a much wider breadth of information, including things like specific drop rates of quest rewards.

The games outright tell you that monsters have weaker or tougher portions, and that you can tell what's what by how they react. The exact numbers are not really practical to figure out for anyone who's not a giga autist or actually diving into the game's code, but the general concept of hit zones and which ones are tougher or weaker is perfectly easy to figure out if you pay attention.

I never did, the other user did. I don't know why you misquoted mea earlier anyway.
You know I'm right. The in game dex is pointless with damage numbers being displayed, because the only fucking reason you'd use a dex was to DETERMINE DAMAGE.
That's exactly why they were made, along with the awards at the end, you daft fucking cunt. This was discussed months ago and it's another seratonin switch for drooling retards like the monster hunter discord and cuckchan.

What you said makes no goddamn sense nipanon. You complaining that in-game wiki hurt players development in learning the game but ping's dex, which gave the same info and more is somehow not making you a casual. The fuck are you on about?

I never used a dex until 4U when I started getting into elemental gunning. I don't know why people thought they were required.
They should drop damage numbers, axe the in game wiki, bring back blood spatters and make elemental damage bigger based on more damage dealt. The entire thing is fucking casual. Also don't release hitzone data at all. An entire system based on visual feedback would be ideal. Instead they wasted dev time on putting a fucking in game wiki for shit that would be found online and not even everyone used. It's casual as fuck and he's right, even though he's a sperg.

Point is you still use it, Are you a casual?

So what better dex offers over kiranico?

I think Diablos and Rathalos are the toughest monsters in the beta. I only fought Rathalos with some randoms once, but Diablos a few times. Diablos can hit like a truck with those horns and that tail of his.

There's a pretty big difference between an in-game feature and what amounts to a glorified strategy guide. Further, you're still conflating two different groups, the new players and the veterans. New players shouldn't be looking at any guides or wikis of any kind, including Ping's Dex and Kiranico, and just learning how to play the game. For the veterans, on the other hand, the in-game dex provides no value whatsoever since it's all information they could figure out and memorize on their own, while the outside resources give exact numbers and other details you can't otherwise find without actually peeking under the hood into the game's code. My point is that the in-game dex benefits neither group in the form it is now.

To summarize,I think what your point is, for new players (or veterans fighting new monsters), you have to learn how to best fight a monster by fighting it. The wiki completes over time as you fight them sure, so you still have to kill a few monsters and learn stuff on your own (provide the game is well designed) before you get the info, but damage numbers make learning a monster's weakpoints based on blood splatter and monster reaction pointless since the game just flat out tells you this is the best spot. Instead of fighting a Gravios and hitting it's legs, noticing it bounces off so you go to some other place like the chest where your weapon pierces the beast and blood comes out from, you just look at the pretty numbers. That element of the player learning how the world works through natural cause and effect (stab monster, lots of blood comes out, weak point found or break legs and monster trips, causing it to fall over) are very much reduced due to the extra info being magically given to the player through the UI.
IMO, for all the talk about World being about the ecosystem and the in-game world, all this damage number and extra UI elements make the game feel less natural to approach, it's no longer judging how a monster behaves and adapting your combat strategy to it but looking at where the numbers are biggest. I agree with user here though , elemental feedback was pretty much garbage in the original games, there wasn't any real way to figure out elemental weaknesses.

Basically, yeah. The presence of the in-game wiki in it's current form, the damage number displays, and the guidebugs speak to an attempt to remove the need to learn, since the game will simulate the learning for you.

Definitely agreed here, pretty much your only clue was to get a rough guess from looking at strengths and weaknesses were present in the armor made from said monster. The solution to that though would be to make elemental effects that worked like the blood spurts if anything, rather than to toss everything out and just make a whole new thing that hands all the info out without requiring any thought on the part of the player.

It's so fun tho.
I brought a friend into a private multiplayer room, and gave him only one direction: don't heal if the boss is looking at you.
After some minutes of intense fight he carts, and says "I'm sorry, I healed when he was looking".
Pretty funny, and I love voice chat, now I can call people niggers without having to write N l G G E R instead of NIGGER to avoid the censorship like in older games.

I've seen 2 "QOL" things in this game:

But beyond that, this game just feels like a headache.

Shit. That's kinda cute.

And even then, there are some oddball cases that it doesn't account for, like Teostra's gimmick where half of him is weakest to water and the other half is weakest to ice, or monsters whose weaknesses change when they enrage, or Alatreon being Alatreon. Or, what I consider one of the coolest things regarding weaknesses, Savage Deviljho's head being immune to all elemental damage when he enrages, which is something that makes perfect sense but isn't something I would have guessed without seeing the numbers. Armor still needs to be balanced around being used, so they can't quite match up with the monster's weaknesses exactly all of the time. And monsters don't have anything like an elemental resistance, because the way elemental damage is calculated for monsters is completely different than for hunters, so armors having those can throw off a new player's understanding of the damage system.

Absolutely, I just mean that that was really all you had at all. Element really needs a reworking to make it more discernible.

Walk forward and press triangle at the same time with the weapon out.
It will make you run a few feet with a thrust at the end.
It is amazing for closing distance.

Hasn't Gunlance always had that? It's been in all of the games I've played. You can even press the shell button during the run to fire a shot at the end instead of the stab. I remember that the run and thrust was great underwater in 3U, it was faster and I think covered more distance, which combined with the underwater evades made GL far more mobile underwater than on land. GL may not have been the best on land, but it was the king of the seas, and made underwater combat so fun.
I hate that World isn't bringing back underwater combat, it's nowhere near as bad as people act like it was. The biggest problem it had was crappy controls which were especially bad on the 3DS, but with a real controller with two analog sticks it could be so much better. The second biggest problem it had was terrible map design in the flooded forest, very cramped areas with poor visibility, but World's maps are so much larger that it wouldn't need to be a problem.

You're right if they hadn't added in a feature that likely took all of a month in their four year Dev cycle we could have had 1,000 more elder dragons

The last time I played 3U was about a few months ago in order to finish up G2 or G3 so I could fight dire miralis.
Fighting lagiacrus in the underwater parts of the flooded forest made my hands want to cramp up and the maneuvering along with the garbage camera controls was a battle in of itself. I hated it of course.
But it was all worth it since I got to fight and kill the dire miralis and the alatreon right after the other.
Alatreon is coming back in world, I hope the Dire Miralis gets added back soon too

I hope alatreon has something new. Killing it ~60 times in p3rd to build every weapon from him made him one of my least favorite elder dragon from 3rd gen. Only killed it few times in gen since couldn't bother with the autism that time.

he's the lolcow of our group. We all make fiction of him being gay and seeing multiple men. Come to think of it he has the twink build, never was hairy not even beard, and never had a gf.

Don't bully him too badly. He might become a pretty good hunter you can team up with if he keeps trying.

Sounds like you want to fuck him.

Holla Forums - Video Games

Ironically, he's the most competitive out of my friends.
I introduced him into breeding Pokemons and tekken and he's been into the competitive aspect of them both ever since.
He does tournaments where people pay in order to come and battle him, too.

I'm only gay for traps and cuntboys, he's not my kind. But I bet he's someone's kind.
Pic related, a cuntboy.

You know, good old rough love.
We're massive homophobes tho, and personally we all get shivers when something actually gay comes up in discussion.

new bread

gay

Agreed owo

I thought it was limited to 1? What the flying fuck is this casual bullshit? I didn't have the mounting skill equipped either.

Can we get a real new bread?

Im also here wondering why it got locked though?

I just managed to upload my first attempt at ps4 share in full HD, tell me what you think of it.

Because it was posted before Page 13. Normally it would've been outright deleted.

No idea. Sometimes it makes you do the finisher twice too.

Good shit Garuda.
I wish I had irl friends to play the demo with, but they are either super faggy, on vacation or just plain normalfags who would rather play fifa.

That's pretty decent playing. I find myself struggling to play half as good.

Alright, I think I got some time. I'm available if anyone needs a hunter for the beta.

Im willing to start a lobby put im going to post the code in the new thread though. Ill do it after i shower.

My advice: think less, watch more closely the boss, and that's the result you can expect after maining a weapon for over 600 hours.
By then most of the reflexes are hard wired into your finger's muscle memory, and knowing the bosses movesets makes it all the better.

My friends are slowly degenerating into normie territory, help. I will probably stick to the good ones and ignore the rest, I will have 7 people to play with if not more so nbd.

Thanks for the advice. I played CB for hundreds of hours in MH4U, then stopped playing for ages until I decided to get into XX, which felt completely different with how it handled CB, even in Guild Style. So I spent time adjusting to that. I got kind of tired of XX, but now I'm playing the World beta and getting used to the controls again. Sometimes my muscle memory plays like XX, sometimes it plays like 4U and sometimes my mind just gets mixed up.

I guess I have to keep practicing.

I'm still around, though I'm kinda tired after doing cooking shit today, so I might not be around for much longer.