When does a Fighting Game die?

1 vs 1 combat is the best and it will never go away.

Other urls found in this thread:

jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/
clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/AT-27195095296-offset-22942-854x480.mp4#t=0
clips.twitch.tv/HotThirstyRadicchioKAPOW
clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableCleverChimpanzeeShazBotstix
clips.twitch.tv/FragileIncredulousOrangeNononoCat
youtube.com/watch?v=EMFDonxfU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=iwgmkrXBTDw
youtube.com/watch?v=prVQfCOGe2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Combo

When it is forgotten. by all but one person

It dies when all the little consumerist shitheads that make up the community move on to the latest game just because it's contemporary, even if it's a complete and utter downgrade from a previous game.

When no one plays it anymore

reminder that BRs and spics are what that keep fighting games alive

That's King of Fighters only

Soul Calibur forever!

I want to play FIGHTING LAYER now…
jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/

Guilty Gear XRD is good though.

Daigo!

When too many people forget it exists to remain in the overall consciousness of video game playing nerds such as yourself

So edgy like a katana

It's not about missing mainstays or even art style.
It's about the soul.
Xrd doesn't have a soul anymore, it's a naruto game with GG mechanics. Designed for infinite updates and milking, which is exactly happening right now.
Adding one or two characters to classic GG was a huge deal and happened only once in a few years.
Now they pump out new characters every few months.
And the worst part is when community and devs moved onto it, they left good game without even decent netplay so at least nostalgia fags like myself could comfortably play it over internet.

SF4 revival… when?

Never since SF4's popularity was a forced meme, the game itself is fucking garbage.

When people finally realize the entire genre is a piece of shit and will always be a piece of shit because players are forced to memorize a long string of combos for every fucking character they want to play.

What?

blazblue central fiction > guilty gay xrd

SF4 was popular & Capcom lucked out despite hardly having any talent. Remember that SF4 was essentially a 3rd party (DiMPS) using capcom ip.
SFV is the monkeypaw version of SF4 where every good decision is followed by a bad consequence. *sigh*

Zero C-c-combos

Parry

The real problem with GG is the lack of green. I can't play games that lack the color green. I'm not talking about the shit tier light or dark green, oh no. What a proper game needs is a lively shade of lime green; the color of nature, right choices and a happy lifestyle. If i have to give an example, Blazblue Calamity Trigger severely lacked a healthy dosage of green in its aesthetic. Sure there was Bang but
Stop fucking with me. As a result that game ended up being total shit. At least for me. But the good people at Arc System Works quickly recognized their mistake and added Hazama in the sequel Continuum Shift. He has an interesting playstyle revolving around green snakes, his hair is green, color palette overall began to include more green and everyone became happy. This same reason is also why i can't get into Guilty Gear. Their colors all clash with each other, creatin a clusterfuck of a show and yet there's no proper green to be seen at anywhere. I don't want to play as red hothead or blue handsome or orange kid or blue yellow black white dark-green ms. my wings are moving on their own, i want to feel the liveliness and the joy of a character. When i found that Raven would be appearing as a DLC for GGXrd #Revelator i was super excited because he was kick ass to play as in Overture but no, they turned him into some edgy ying yang boring anime psychopath number 8.

The legend will never die.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (MvC4) is dead. A hastily and shoddily made game won't sell. Who would have thought? :P

SC2 is better

Does PvP Dark Souls count as a fighting game?

A fighting game truly dies only when noone is willing to fap to the grills anymore

It probably would if there was some way to make it use a consistent format.

There was an arena style thing in the DLC, but I never seen anyone play it.

if the buttens on her top is on the side, it must be fucking ugly to look at it zipped all the way up

A FIGHTING GAME DIES TWICE: ONCE WHEN NOBODY PLAYS IT ANYMORE, AND ONCE WHEN NOBODY FAPS TO ITS GIRLS ANYMORE

When it gets censored in order to be suitable for the eSports shekel.

Nigga you've barely played either, I have 23 hours in AC+R just messing about with a friend before even thinking if I want to try and learn AC+R. even my total 750+ in Xrd sign + Rev isn't that hot.
I'm sure you've grasped a great insight from that short ass time.

Can confirm
t. br

Evil Ryu

Grab her by the fire-keepe

Mirror Match HNY'18

But your save file might.

Baiken mains are a meme.
t. Baiken player. I kinda like Kliff more but I haven't play AC+R seriously in forever.

shit pasta.

I don't think that jacket zips all the way up with those donking honkers

I don't believe in that: not big enough
:P
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/how-america-lost-its-mind/534231/

Any snk game actually.

KOF can combo into command grabs?! Why did no one tell me this?

How new are you guys? She's just unzipped now because of her super and the game being in 3D so it would be harder to make her zip and unzip her top.

Honestly, I was surprised by how "stiff" the grapplers are in Street Fighter. In KOF you can generally cancel normals and, during a combo, command normals into special moves no matter what type of move it is.

Kill yourself shiteater.

Pretty much

Sophitia will never not make my dick rock hard.

Remember, cutting content from previous games out to sell as DLC in the new game is only bad when Capcom does it!

I don't care since my boy was in the base roster, and at this point, Rev2 has just as many characters as +R, and is only presumably going to continue filling out the old roster.
While I still don't care for ArcSys's business model or DLC in general, to call every character from +R not immediately making the jump to Xrd cutting content is just fucking silly. +R was recycling sprites from as early as X in 2000, Xrd had to completely remodel and reanimate everything. Temporary casualties had to be taken, especially if they wanted to make new characters to go along with the old cast, which they did.

+R is a better game, but I still like Xrd

lazy fucks, those animations needed to be in the game

I witnessed the death of Soul Calibur 4.

Slowly declining players, special multiplayer dead from the beginning, ranked matches in the standard multiplayer dying out, less players in the standard multiplayer player finder.
In the end, i shit you not, only a handful of players remained that you would start to know personally.
I wonder if MadMike is still shitting the place up.

Glad to know, though our kids only played ASSFAGGOTS now.

Shoryuken & Tger Uppercut

You glad that SC6 is coming soon?

You're right, they should've just upscaled those sprites and put them side-by-side with the cel-shaded cast, as long as it kept 'em free.

every band on an indie label sounds the same now, i gave up on the genre

iktf

FUN > "Balanced" & Competitve
jiyunajpDOTwordpressDOTcom/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/

Yeah, somewhat. I'm kinda losing interest in alot of hobbies i had so the excitement isn't that much like before.

If the rest of that is a lewd image you are to relinquish the sauce immediately.

it's a trap!

Parry this!
clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/AT-27195095296-offset-22942-854x480.mp4#t=0
MOV red parry!

REMY?
clips.twitch.tv/HotThirstyRadicchioKAPOW clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableCleverChimpanzeeShazBotstix clips.twitch.tv/FragileIncredulousOrangeNononoCat

You don't know what pain is

I play KOF14 but your tale of woe beats mine.

Let's SF3 like it's 1999

Fighting games are still alive when Haitani's Wedding has matches:

Darkstalkers (vs Sako):
youtube.com/watch?v=EMFDonxfU0s
SF3:3S (vs Nuki):
youtube.com/watch?v=iwgmkrXBTDw
SFV (vs Tokido):
youtube.com/watch?v=prVQfCOGe2Q

Haha!

They did improvise in the winpose where she turns her back to the screen like the old "strip" winpose she still has her top btw But no unzip/zip stuff

And then you have Rock Howard as DLC where his jacket acutally flows unlike Kim's cement pants and he unzips it too besides some chuuni poses.

I really wish more modern develpers thought like that but shame FEXL will have almost to no marketing besides word of mouth and old fans shilling.

Competitive?

Let’s hope not in the West. NISA do not deserve a penny for anything they bring over. Hopefully people just import the jap version.

Dudley is SMUG

man why SNK don't cater more to south america.

t. spic

when will SNK realize their market is fucking south america and china (shitholes).

GG (and later BB) were the last fighting games I played, then they started adding $30 worth of DLC characters to every game, so I'm done with fighting.

BlazBlue Crossover will have 20 disc-locked characters
*sigh*

Alive Games:
Capcom

SNK

Arcsys

3DPD

These games at least in my time-zone have active players.
Fighting games in general are not doing well. There is plenty of hype for Dragon Ball Fighter Z, even from non-anime and non-marvel players in my region though. Hopefully that game can revitalize my area.

How is it in the USA or wherever you come from?>>14025694