Why has the gaming community become so impossible to hold a discussion in any more?

Why has the gaming community become so impossible to hold a discussion in any more?

Any time you point out a flaw in a game you get attacked by fanboys. If you point out a strength in a game you get called a shill. What happened to having a discussion?

Is the polarization one of the reasons we're seeing so much indie shit being so low quality? How can a wannabe dev learn what works and doesn't if any discussion is 100% or 0% are the only acceptable opinions?

You new to the internet or something? Fanboys and shills will act like fanboys and shills in every form of media, and this has been true since day one.

reminds me of something interesting bill whittle said about memes

There's a reason why the hot pockets ban fanboys on Holla Forums, and it's because they always shit up discussion. They contribute nothing and are just faggots who need to kill themselves for fucking brand loyalty.

Regardless while such people do exist, they're usually the minority here. Mind you Holidays are worse than Summer, so perhaps you'll see more fan boys here.

The internet wasn't as bad as it is now previously. Previously you would have 1-2 fanboys in a group of 10 people discussing it. They would white knight but not be disruptive. Now there is no middle ground there is only extremes.

It's sad.

there is no gatekeeper to quality thought anymore. people are interested in confirming their own biases only and just don't deal with reality with an open mind willing to change or accept anything other than what they (((feel))) to be correct. realistically i think people were always this way, they were always stupid you know? but i think they have way more opportunity now to actually show it and stay that way.

its really a shame. i learned not to care anymore. which isn't healthy for the very topic we are referring to, which is the ability to have a middle ground discussion. maybe that's what the whole goal of critical theory was all along. or maybe this is the natural progression of a group dealing with the world in the best way they know how. which is stupidly

This is only true for surface-level shitposting.
Good discussion still happens very frequently. Problem is people take bait, shitposting and banter too seriously (the bait part especially so).
All it takes is a
or a
from a (1) and discussions can be lost if the community doesn't know how to not respond to that shit.

reminder that they removed this design from cuckhead because muh niggers
game is literally cucked

an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. people get their feelings hurt somehow and enough people make sure to pass it on instead of shrugging it off.

This, justt look at the monster hunter general if you dont believe that this user is correct

A reminder that's not the Devil, you retard.

>the gayming community

Gaming community? That shit is everywhere.

Bridges were burned to the ground by the game companies, and people are overly protective of the time before the bridges were burnt to the ground.

or even things that just remind them of before in a significant enough way.

What is dīvide et īmpera?
(((They))) know

Where have the normal people gone?

If you ARE a normal guy, you ARE going to get constantly accused of being a fanboy/shill, to the point it polarizes you.
You're not allowed to be neutral. You're not allowed to think differently. Everything is magnified up to 11 - good and bad things.

Also, so many posters here have no clue of the pitfalls and problems in game development. They point at a (buggy, but those bugs are "charming") old game and complain how modern games are shit, without taking into account the complexity of making a modern game, due to the HUGE increase in hardware and driver variety and complexity of game engines and mechanics themsevles, that causes a billion and one problems. People are ignorant and blind on so many things, but have almost religious belief about superiority of X.

Anymore? When was there ever one?

Nigger, you are the ignorant one, most modern games are made on the same shitty ingames that have a wide range of tools that makes sure that developers dont even have to know how to code anymore, is why we have unoptimized and bugged piece of shits anymore, go back to fucking cuckchan or lurk more before you post shit you dont know crap about

So many people on this board fell for the reddit spacing D&C. Do you really not see that it was just a way to derail threads and create infighting?

when people allow themselves to be their own gatekeeper. but people need to find some kind of satisfaction for doing so, whether its external appreciation or their own satisfaction.

pick one

then

how

come

is

it

so

difficult

to

simply

not

do

this?

some time between the first exodus and the second/third.
I'm told there was another exodus recently

False, it's because poster knows the problems in game development they can hold this opinions, unreal engine 4 and the AAA engines that have been used during the modern era of video games have made game devoping easier than ever, we have visual scripting to a multitude of tools and editors that any game developing in 2000 would dream of. The games are shity, they dont know how to code and we are stuck playing the same shitty games that are clone of each other in the same shitty engines.

You can deny reality all you want, but the fact of the matter is that "reddit spacing" was a D&C tactic specifically meant to create infighting on imageboards. Extra spaces between lines has been something people have been doing since text became a medium of communication.

You raise a decent point, but let me counter it. When you sit down and play a game you don't have a developer hovering around you making excuses for every single flaw. Not to mention if making vidya is a hard job, then it's up to the developers to do their fucking job because they chose it as a living. If they half ass their job then that's their fault and not their tools, otherwise we might as well give up on half decent game because "It's just too hard".
And /agdg/ exists. Modern engines aren't as remotely difficult as you make them out to be. It's up to the developer to make the best use out of it.

feelings are not an argument

Go code a game if you think it's that easy.

Old games were simple. You didn't have a million procesors and harware or OS combinations. The game themselves were very simple mechanically and graphically and player expectations were a LOT lower.
Back then a simple tiny image of a talking head was enough. Today that's considered lazy, and if your facial animations and in-game physics isn't flawless, you're gonna have a rabble of semi-entilted shitters calling you incompetent.

It is PRECISELY because of that that developers go for out-of-the-box solutions (faster, cheaper) like libraries and engines, but those come with a shit ton of their own problems.

Unless you have actual, first-hand knowledge from the industry, you are in no position to talk.

So you are talking about a Gatekeeper here on Holla Forums, not some general gatekeeper?

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want anyone filtering content for me according to their preferences and obsessions.

So why don't you make a game if it's that easy?
No, you don't KNOW. You were TOLD by someone, you read about it on some post or whatever.
Unless you actually worked on a proper game, you don't know jack shit.

I'm saying that nostalgia portrays older games as better then they were, and twisted expectations and general nihilism/"love to hate" mentality makes newer games feel even worse than they are.

It's not the games that have become THAT more shitty. Things changed. You, the tools, the enviroment.

There is key difference between proper format and reddit spacing, like putting line break after the post number you are replying to like I did here.

While I will say a lot of modern games aren't outright bad, they are disappointing to watch them flounder and fuck around with shit that shouldn't even be an issue in the current era.
Two examples off the top of my head are Turn Based Tactics and 3D platformers. It's an utter joke how there's barely a decent 3D platformer anymore, with A Hat in Time being the only one that isn't a speedrunner's haven. Then you have that cancerous piece of shit XCOM where the developers are so fucking green and thoughtless they didn't even realize how important range indicators are, or how much depth bullet simulation could add to the game, or even as something as simple as different fire modes to at the very least add some options to the game. You compare it with the original UFO defense and the number of options available to you, even completely retarded ones like hot potato make the new series a complete and utter joke. Even moreso when a bunch of unknown slavs make an insanely deep, insanely fun WW2 TBT game that has everything the new XCOM games should have had and more, and personally I think Silent Storm looks a hell of a lot better than nuCOM does.

Yes. There used to be a barrier to entry to play games. It didn't become what it is now until the early 00s when the internet became main stream and fast enough to download games.

The barrier to getting into PC gaming went from owning a gaming PC/building a Pc to the most common type of PC sold and tablets.

Older engines were much more complex than modern day ones as modern ones are just prepackaged and designed for the Xbone and ps4 by default.

Reddit

Uses

presses

of

the

enter

button

not

image board posters have always used a line to split text because it's more readable than having multiple long lines of text to read on a screen where they all fall in together. It's more comfortable on the eye.

How dumb are you? There were multiple processors which ran at different speeds. You literally had to program a game based on the cycles of the CPU. If you wanted it to work on multiple machines you had to understand them both perfectly or it would break the game at a fundamental level. Not Dark souls at 60 FPS broken, but running at 10,000% speed broken.

This has been a thing since Usenet days. It was exacerbated by the internet becoming easy to use.

and yet i type this having used only 0.5 ⏎ presses

Whatever that was, it still was cut from the game.
The point stands.

It's a full press you fuck, you can't just call it a fucking half press

I've noticed that people who care about spacing are the same retards who treat saging as a weapon, usually also the same retards who have to explain why they are saging. Basically, people new to imageboards or has only used them for a couple of years.

Holy shit are people that retarded? That they can't figure out what saging and most board culture/scripts within atleast 2 weeks?

that's were your wrong kiddo

This shit. This shit right here is what shits up most discussions. Schizophrenic neckbeards not even reading what is written, but at shit like fucking punctuation so they can dismiss everything without even reading it and having to think. I swear these lunatics see reddit in the way someone takes a shit. They probably wake up sweating screaming reddit.

You know what.

I'm going to type in this so called "muh reddit" style from now on.

Because fuck these god damn autists.

I hope they get an aneurysm from seeing this with their fucking reddit obsession.

Because people's lives are worthless so they build their identity on corporate entities or commercial products, retarded ideas of "participation award" means nobody can be ever criticized or made to improve.

reported. get back to reddit.

Because the games are so shit they can't sell themselves on quality anymore. Seriously, go into any discussion-forum to look up a certain game if it's good or bad you have to wade through tons of discussions calling the latest game the best ever.

Yes, post-modernistic trash. Where instead of identifying with your heritage and religion, you're know sucking Mark Zuckeberg's dick and think Starbucks is your god. How progressive and clever of you. All atheists are man-children.

>>>/reddit/

Community is just a couple of letters different than communism.

Actually by removing 2 letters and adding 2 different ones it's 4 letters different.

It was altered to be the devil last I checked. And if you've seen the Devil you'de laugh at how inoffensive at what was cut compared to him.

< the gaming community
meme .gif required

What? No. Modern games have it much easier than old games did. The old games usually ran on the metal, rather than on top of an OS heavily loaded with drivers and other such software that offer a single, unified API through which games can interact with the hardware. You used to have to specifically write rendering code that would work with every flavor of shitty video cards, that worked out its own timing per CPU cycle, sound cards, etc.

Nowadays? You just call that DX11 function to get you a drawing surface, and now your stuff will render on pretty much any video card. Call another API function for playing sounds and the OS figures it out for you. Oh, and don't forget how much devs have benefited from Plug and Play.

Discussion and advertising are the same thing nowadays. If I could wave a magic wand that would insure that nobody would purchase a game based on anything they read in a thread, then I'd hold discussions about games.
The risk of helping the gaming industry is just too great. Until it crashes with no survivors, there can be no discussion.

Baiting or legitimately retarded?

Not much to discuss. They're just video games.

The trophy for participation generation came in. They were raised to believe they are always right and evidence to the contrary is "trolling". They are the fall of rome for pop culture.

Do you really not see how you’re lying through your teeth, you fucking faggot? Reddit spacing implies retardation.

Do you mean recent threads that got ruined by MHW or most mhgs that we had?
Also, is arguing a legitimate form of discussion, when discussion is legitimate and when it is not?

The opposite is every bit as bad and they're allowed to run rampant on here.

Because the internet is too big. Most people aren't interested in actually having a discussion, only having their opinion heard and fellated by others. To have real discussion, you need a smal number of people that actually care about something. When everyone first came to Holla Forums, we had actual discussion even if people hated a game. Now we get ">implying" for 90% of the posts and any legitimate responses get drowned in responses about how traps are/aren't gay. You can see the same effect if you compare going to the major subreddits, like "gaming" compared to the subreddits specifically for just one game. Now a days you can't find small discussion boards, because no one wants to be on small sites. So now genuine discussion is completely dead.

Nice trips, but I think you're oversimplifying his point. We must, as always, discount the opinions of shills - for they are false opinions but fanboys aren't nearly so bad. Shills pretending to be merely fans? They should be shit on until they drown, but fans should be welcomed (as in: Welcome to the thunderdome, prepare to be disagreed with).

Because nobody wants to put any serious effort into explaining their point of view anymore, and those that do get ignored or mocked as autists. Most of those who are left just parrot what other people who can actually articulate their thoughts and opinions are saying, and nobody cares about setting a good example to the rest of the community because "fuck 'em".

Too many faggots rely on implicit arguments like consensus, developers' political stances, reddit spacing (like this faggot here), and other minor nitpicks which they can use as an excuse to dismiss your post completely without having to put in a single shred of effort. It's easy, because you don't have to explain yourself at all. However, this has the side-effect of stifling discussion because all you're really constantly implying is that this thing is not worth talking about. Which begs the question why you would spend effort into getting others not to put in their effort, and why you're not better off not posting at all and saving your own time and sanity rather than posting low-quality garbage which sets a terrible example.

Not to mention that there's too many people who are too fucking hostile. Being hostile here doesn't imply calling someone else a nigger or a faggot or a bad word, but just avoiding discussion entirely in favor of trying to get a rise out of someone else by being an insufferable douchebag whose main purpose is to 'win discussions', which is as cancerous of a mindset as it gets.

Unfortunately there's not enough people here who can put up a full poker face and take the bait completely seriously, asking that the other explain himself. You have no idea how effective it is to ask someone to explain himself because of how many controversial posts don't even bother to. The shitposter gets his (You), but it is devoid of emotion and nutritional value. It asks that the shitposter puts in effort for more. It asks that the shitposter gets serious. If someone makes a shitty post, you only need to ask that they explain themselves, and then they are completely at a loss. You either take it seriously, or don't respond at all.

You're right, it should be impossible to discuss any game without the thread immediately turning into endlessly shitting on it.

This is a legitimately stupid phrase that assumes that either no one can learn after losing their first eye or that the world only has cyclopes. Whoever made it originally didn't bother thinking for even a moment about what they said and just blurted out some retard tier shit then millions of mindless parrots thought it sounded good. Never say this idiotic phrase

its a true phrase because no one does learn and it makes you blind because you keep fucking going back and forth ripping each other eyes out until blind, not until cyclops you fucking idiot

Okay then you must be too stupid to understand what 1 for 1 means. At best an eye for an eye causes some people to lose depth perception. I'm done derailing this thread.

try to learn english and what a metaphor is you stupid pajeet

Generalized forums are the biggest reason. If you've been around the internet you'll remember a day where if you wanted to discuss a game, you had to go to a forum specifically about that game series, be it official or fan-made.
I remember posting on Metroid Fan-Mission when that website existed. Great discussion and good people. But if you post about Metroid here you're gonna get a bunch of bullshit like:
The problem with generalized forums is that you can't talk about something without the knowledge that some faggot is gonna come up and voice his opinion about why the thing you're talking about is shit.

How the hell did you come to such a conclusion? That's not at all what was being said.

Welcome to reality.
I work in IT, know tons of programers and have worked on a game once.
The amount of unforseen problems and mistakes that are made on EVERY level is unbelievable. Both in small companies and the biggest ones.

But bear in mind when you talk about game mechanics, there is a rarely a single, right solution. Most of the time it's just preferrences and different pros and cons. And not all people put the same value on the same variables.

NuCom is dissapointing, I won't argue with you there. But, sadly it may be exactly what the new generations prefer.

That is objectively false. Modern engines have to do a LOT more things older engines never had to and have to work on a wider range of hardware and software.

Tell it to someone who cares. If it triggers you that much, feel free to filter me or get out.

I'm convinced with good enough marketing anything can appeal to the new generations.
While I'm not implying only popular games are the games that exist, a problem exists in that anything that isn't the popular choice is hard to find, especially since to find these things you have to wade through a lot of garbage and uncertainties.

This question has been asked time and again, and by the same people who are either hopelessly new to the internet or fresh from reddit. That said, get the fuck back to whatever containment site you came from. But before you do that, I will part the veil on this issue for you. The reason discussion is so "polarized" is because that's all you see on the surface level, the real fruitful discussions are there, but the popular opinions are usually the ones by people who don't dare or can't make up their own opinions beyond black-and-white decisions. You can have good discussions, but you need to be patient and you need to find people who you can talk to without it devolving into shit-flinging. Most of all, observe these polarized opinions and look for the strong points and weak points of each. Only then will you be able to decide for yourself.

NOW GET OUT

so basically the problem is we are not autistic enough?
I think I agree

I used to have great discussions all the time on fan forums, even about shit that wasn't what the forum was for. Having a username isn't a bad thing when the community is smaller, under 200 people or so. Unfortunately any kind of small scale discussion is dead, as evidenced by the fact that Reddit killed it to the point that you are unaware any other options existed.

You realize half of that shit wasn't available before the cancer took over and that the other half was barely an issue because normalfags hadn't yet flooded the internet right?

Kill yourself, KIKE

Die in the auschwitz oven, you JIDF KIKE

MERELY
PRETENDING

reveals more about you than me

nigga pls,namefag forums were the first to go because the way they were structured allowed that.You have a centralised power structure that's encouraging circlejerking whilst being rigid to any change;once you had a position as a community manager it's pretty much impossible to lose it unless you give it up willingly especially since in the majority of the cases you just happened to be buttbuddies with the rest of the moderating team,just look at how long neofag lasted that way

Please do that, since I usually ignore posters

who

type

like that and I don't think you're ever going to say anything worth reading.

Must be some pretty advanced D&C since almost everybody who is so in love with their enter button also tends to only write stupid shit.

Everything worth talking about has been talked to death.
Everything new is designed for 13 year olds who want to play mature rated games to be one of the big boys.
Most of the industry is actually manchildren who have been pretending "This is fine" for so long that they've acquired a taste for shit
A small minority of the industry is wanna-be game devs who try to analyze shit to find things that aren't there or are fucking obvious
Everyone here is fucking sick of it

I'll agree with this. People have become fucking lazy when it comes to thinking and articulating their thoughts. Not to say that shitposting isn't a wonderful thing but we're far past the point where the shitposting leads to stagnation. And the flood of retards coming into imageboards from all over the internet has only made the problem worse.

Then you were going to the wrong forums then. Or you're some underage faggot who never browsed pre-21st century forums

Why is one of santa's elves talking to a gay man?

Yep.
We're all fucked.
The end.
Welcome to the black pill.
Now kill yourself faggot

Why is the quality of Holla Forums discussion eroding so rapidly, that we literally get 'why are gamers so toxic' threads now?

How about the deport all the refugees back to 4cucks?

Because only retarded manchildren play video games, people capable of engaging in logical discussion are successful and would rather debate politics over petty shit like video games

i know >steam forums
or
or the classic

Hiroshima is doing stupid shit on cuckchan again, more refugees.

Hiroshima decided to install literal malware on 4cuck and if you block either Javascript or ads it makes the site unusable. At least that's what Holla Forums is saying.

Yeah, it's a bunch of dataminers, right? I heard it finds out a bunch of stuff like your operating system and what hardware you have and such.

the absolute state of cuckchan

Frankly, I think a lot of the new generation has a shorter attention span than we had as kids.

That was always the dillema.
In ye olde days you had a smaller selection. And even then, did you REALLY hear about all the games that were made? Nah, the only difference today there's more to sift trough if you go looking.

Steam forums are filled with literal 10 year olds. I don't know why you would even bother.

enable javascript for the catalog which doesn't have the bad scripts, then disable it and keep the tab open, browse threads in new tabs. Now you can browse it normally except for when you need to refresh the catalog in which case just enable js for the time you refresh and then disable it again.

This is why a Steam only release is an immediate pirate for me. Its community is cancer, and it makes devs and publishers lazier than ever.

To this shit I always say that I expected for the game to eventually click or get better, but that it just didn't

What's the opposite?

Actually, I was talking about Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. Surprise, surprise, it's also a Bamco game. I had no idea Nioh didn't have controller support on PC, but hearing it doesn't surprise me. I don't see why Bamco even bothers releasing on PC with ports that bad.

You know you can simply get around the bullshit Steam Controller port just by turning it off for that X game right? If that's what you're talking about.

Nioh got controller support patched in later on since KT is not the best at ports.

2 0 0 7

Sorry, my bad, it's Koei Tecmo. In any case, japs make pretty terrible PC ports.

nioh had controller support only, just not keyboard/mouse support because it would be useless for the game.

What the fuck was the game I was thinking about?

shouldnt have to explain anything
the idea that a game can be played without being a total fanboy is an alien concept to these people.

i forget where i am

this is pretty fucking common. Someone gets a small indication of a setting or theme and applies it flatly across the entire game. Then they call everyone else stupid for seeing the bigger picture.

Developers don't even understand.

The latter only really happens in here as a burnout of the earlier. Seriously, go to any other site on the internet videogame discussion site, official or not, and just pointing out a big flaw in some game will end up with the same shitty smug anti-critical responses, all with the same buzzwords like entitled/manchild/whiny/impossible to please/hater/troll. I don't know if it's either because they're all shills or people are just too fucking soft these days, but the true reason why anons on here call eachothers shills and act "rude" is because they just want some freedom to do so, whereas every other place has this dumb anti-criticism hugbox shit.

And it's not like devs are innocent either, many indie devs are also egocentric shits who believe their games are indisputable 10/10s, or just fucking pussies who can't handle criticism, and when they see this, they realize they can make a turd of a game and still get away with it by summoning an army of fanboys to shut down any criticism and shove down the game on everyone's throats.

What a fucking cunt. He wasn't trashing your game or insulting you, you entitles cunt. He was just asking a question about your fucking game.

There was a guy on another site I use sometimes who was just constantly defending on-disc DLC and it made me so angry. Basically all day long he was posting some variant on
He was also a Dragon Age 2 fanboy, though. No accounting for taste.

this makes me fucking angry
but not that angry because its bethesda and i expect this from people like them.

No you're just an underage newfag trying to justify their shit taste.
Kill yourself.

Fine and dandy I filter all these shitty posters already.

So let me get this straight. You're saying it was easier to write an entire game in assembly where you had to micro manage each byte because it had to fit on a cartridge, disc or floppy and even come up with a method to do the drawing on a fixed function pipeline, than it is to rehash an engine someone else already made with OOP and near-infinite space with dvd's and digital downloads.

It's a retarded metaphor, it implies that revenge is always bad. You're changing the meaning to suit your current needs.
I thought Nioh didn't have keyboard support, not controller.

I tried actually using them for two days or so before I gave up

It is though.

I'm currently 25. Reddit "took over" when I was about 16 or so. I would recon that we only have maybe 3-4 more years of people who understand that when people say "online forums" they are specifically referring to the copy-pasted BBS boards that everyone used.
I'm getting old
I don't like it one bit

Wasted dubs. There is literally nothing wrong with giving the people who wronged you their comeuppance. You're in the wrong neighborhood buddy.

I kind of wish there was some sort of site-wide thing where, when halfchan/reddit refugee crisis bullshit happens, for X days afterward anyone that hasn't been an active poster here already was barred from posting, which could hopefully drive some of the shitters elsewhere in their impatience. Of course, that assumes management like Jim (or even hotwheels of old) would care about the quality of the posterbase, and not just the bump in traffic the site might get.

The Trudeau quote is right though
Except in a LARP session maybe

Then you are admitting ISIS etc. is right.

It's correct in terms of pushing for social justice inside a country. Killing people like MLK or Ghandi only helped the causes they were fighting. However that quote means absolutely jack shit outside of that very specific context.

sounds right to me!

Literally no one "wronged" ISIS, it's an
Israeli op to fuck over others as usual. Every single one of those worthless sand, cia, and mossad niggers needs to die. The world would be a better place.

Go to bed Justin.

Well I just went to look up the context and…
There is no context because the quote is not real?

those consecutive dubs tho

< "x has always been shit. You're viewpoint is just blinded by nostalgia."

That context is bunk too. MLK had the full support of the controlled media. We can't do what he did because we don't control the media and thus can't easily manipulate the masses. Ghandi ultimately got what he wanted because the British Empire was bankrupt thanks to the 2nd World War.

This is why I come here.

its not games

Hmm.

Of course.

There has been a significant rise in viral marketing in recent years to deliberately curtail negative sentiment about a game because viral marketing actually works in hyping trash games. They create and enforce circlejerks promoting absolute trash because it will sell better this way. You see it a lot on 4/v/. There are less viral marketers on full/v/ (although they certainly fucking tried) because they get BTFO on a regular basis with people going out of their way to shit on them for being retards, expose them for shills, and possibly attack the game's reputation across the internet (metacritic bombing, cross-site review posting, etc.). With the influx of 4kids attempting stubbornly to lower the board's quality to 4/v/ levels, we might be seeing a return of marketing faggots on the board though.

Things are actually a lot more calm today than years ago. Back in the USENET days, it was normal to have flamewars too extreme for a modern chan. There were also no moderators.
What differs is today the rage doesn't come from within - you're arguing with marketers and propagandists through the child vessels they occupy. It all comes across as incredibly fake and futile as you're fighting a proxy war where no one knows what they're actually fighting over.

I imagine the autistic rage was a lot more enjoyable when you didn't have to wonder whether it was legitimate or not. I came to the net to talk to real people, not kikes.

Typical fan conversation:

Don't discuss things, just you do you bro. nu-Holla Forums strikes again

That's exactly like the SJWs would react too.

At least sage your bait.

I fucking despise this argument.

WoW is a shitty, uninteresting and generic tolkien universe where the "people" are gigantic with huge shoulder pads.

Yet Holla Forums loves it.

Wesnoth is an interesting and actually well-developed turn-based strategy game with good Tolkien universe and good lore.

Yet Holla Forums hates it.

Holla Forums has shit taste.

Wesnoth is almost always brought up in the most positive of lights in freeware/turn based/low req vidya threads.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you from cuckchan?

This would matter if it weren't a fact that a silly amount of developers enforce this "100% or 0%" mentality by cleansing their official forums of any criticisms, forcing the people who take issues with parts of the game to flood other locations. Soon, their forum is a hug box, and places like Steam boards or even their subreddits are places to go to talk shit about the game.

I'm sure everybody here can think of an example to the above. It's common.

I think you're over thinking how accepting people were on the internet back then. You're comparing shit to cancer that occurs now. But when you have a niche website full of well educated adults you're not going to get any of the same shit you just mentioned.

This place has become the waiting room where 4niggers and r/gaming crossposters wait out their bans, so I'd say yes.

Calling out reddit spacing is like making fun of someone for putting something in the name field or telling someone to fuck off when they beg for easily found sauce. It's our cultural immune system responding to outsiders that cannot be bothered to learn how to fit in.

You have no idea how hard game development was in the past. Go read Masters of Doom or Michael Abrash's Graphics Programming Black Book. Or read Andy Gavin's blog posts about the development of Crash Bandicoot. It took an absolutely insane amount of effort to do game development back then, and nobody really knew what they were doing. Today the hard problems are solved and even if you make your own engine, there are decades of practice to learn from.

Game development is easy now if you constrain your vision to something manageable. You don't need voice acting and perfect lip sync and famous voice actors and open world and computationally expensive post processing effects. Half of Nintendo's best selling games use literal gibberish and 2 frame mouth "animations" for fuck's sake. Of course it is a lot of work, but it's an understood problem space with mature tools and techniques. You don't have to break technical ground or take on unnecessary amounts of risk any more. You don't even need to actively "optimize" very much as long as you took a sensible approach from the beginning.

Modern game development is AAA devs killing themselves trying to make the next big blockbuster that nobody will remember in 6 months, and indie retards biting off the tiniest of morsels and still failing to chew before they swallow.

It uses 2 actually. And reddit spacing is when you put every sentence on its own separated line like you did here . That has never been the norm on image boards. You can write paragraphs, you can separate sentences with a single enter press, you can even put one sentence out of a paragraph in a separated line for effect, but separating every fucking line is a redditor's habit and it's fucking annoying to read as well.

Spite marketing. That has to be the most Jewish marketing idea I've ever read.

Why even have websites then?

threadly reminder that dark souls is one of the hardest games out there

This is happening all over society. Liberals and conservatives are totally and utterly unable to compromise. Men and women are irreconcilable to one another. Children don't have friends, they have youtube vloggers. It's like everywhere you look, people have gotten more isolated and divided than ever before. People don't realize it because they are too occupied with their own individualism, but society is collapsing and its happening alarmingly fast.

The sad thing is we know exactly (((who))) is to blame for this. But there's nothing we can do about it.

When has the gaming community not been shit? Please tell me. When has the general audience not been absolutely retarded?

Maybe you don't belong here then?

Half of those nitpicks aren't nitpicks. A devs political is something valid to bring up as the audience should be aware of what they're supporting. Ignoring it leads to subversion and is how things led to where they are right.
Reddit spacing is valid as it is coming from a place of preservation. It has nothing to do with the argument but again is pointing out to the audience that this person seems like an outsider.
These may be implicit in the sense that they aren't directly about the work but without them you'd be lacking fundamental awareness about what is going on. Pointing out that someone is Jewish is also implicit by this definition but it is necessary to point out.

problem with the 'reddit spacing meme' is that even on the chans, people disregard a huge ass block of wall-text if it gets too large. the reddit spacing meme has resulted in posts with horrible formatting just so they dont get heckled by the retard crowd

Epic blackpill, amigo. Why don't we all just give up trying to live good, upstanding lives and wallow in materialistic misery.

Welcome to the multicultural multi ethnic society of the future. The only viewpoint that functions in these societies is individualism as there is no trust even between people that are part of the same group. The fact that you want conservatives and liberals to compromise is part and parcel to this as these two groups are basically identical in view points outside of largely minor things.

The future of America is either extreme libertarianism (unlikely) or a dissolved nation and civil war. A major war won't even change things as there is no one to go to war with.

I disregard huge wall of texts normally as well tbh. Especially if I already disagree. Like fuck I don't want to read all that shit when I can just call you a faggot you know?

Fact. The right was subverted hard and now both parties are just slightly different flavors of anti-white Marxists.

How in the honest to god fuck did you accomplish that?
It couldn't have been because you said steak is better than pizza, nobody buys that.
What did you do?
I must know, Holla Forums is literally the only board I have never been banned from and it's driving me up a wall on how I can accomplish this without outright posting child porn.

Fun fact: that quote was made up by The Rebel; turdo never actually said it :^)