XCOM 2

What mods do I need to fix it and have fun killing ayy scum?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863634767
openxcom.org/forum/index.php/board,18.0.html?PHPSESSID=d5am3fi648u9fidsgk5tptmqm4
openxcom.org/
ufopaedia.org/index.php/MAPS_Terrain
xcom2.smods.ru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How could the modding community have fallen so far.

Too busy adding vore mods to Skyrim

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863634767

the last dlc came with patches to make the game playable.

Get one to make ADVENT trooper blood human. Looks a million times better than the yellow alien puke they bleed normally.

Should I go for the Longwar 2 mod right off the bat?

Added

I don't believe it's compatible with the expansion so no

did the expansion add the ability to recruit sneks?

No
Mods did though

LW2 if you're playing without War of the (((Chosen))). If you are then base so far for me has been alright with QoL, cosmetics and EU rolles (because whoever thought that making every shot that does hit through cover a crit is a fucking moron).

Yes. Vanilla 2 is trash. WotC is somewhat bearable although has it's own problems.

Play the original X-COM instead.

why not both and then Terror ftom the Deep and Apocalypse?

Apocalypse is poopy.

What about OpenApocalypse?

I haven't tried it.

I think it's the best one

Here's my full list. Haven't played in half a year so I have no idea whether this will still work fine or not.

MGee's Maps
Darker Nights
More Environmental Lighting Maps
Doctor Mandarbs Map Pack
Gotcha Again (Shows What enemies you can fire at and what the status of their cover is as you hover over a potential movement position)
SWR Aiming Angles (Makes the good angles second wave option more like Enemy Within's)
Set HQ Location
Commander's Choice
XCom 2 International Voices Pack
ISky's Big LW2 Name Mod
Long War 2
Choose All Proving Ground Item Rewards
LW2 Perk Pack
Human Blood for Advent
Edited Ragdoll Physics and Effects Redux
Progressive Armor Options (Can use kevlar or pred armor aesthetics in place of shitty tier 3 armor)
Dragon's Wilderness PCPs
More Random Backstories
Instant Avenger Menus
After Action - Days Wounded
Ink and Paint
Full Character Customization From Start
Long War Alein Pack
Long War SMG Pack
Free Camera Rotation
World Expansion Project: ADVENT
Long War Laser Pack
Expanded Mission Names
Expanded Callsigns and Nicknames
Maps by Vozati
More Maps Pack [Non WOTC]
Evac All
Additional Mission Types (Adds Haven Siege, PR Tour, Rescue VIP from Rioting City, City Center Item Recovery, Neutralize Advent Project VIP)
Mod Config Menu
Custom Bandanas
Uniforms Manager
Stenchfury Modular Armors
Stenchfury Modular Helmets
Persistent Bullet Shells
Drimakus War Gear
Capnbubs Accessories Pack
Stop Wasting My Time
Quiet Bradford

nice, I appreciate the list. I plan on getting the expansion after Christmas, will that fuck with the LW2 mods or is there a way to disable the expansion to play with them?

No idea. I don't have it either.

WotC basically splits up the game into two. One for the expansion or not. The worst you'll have to do is enable/disable which mods won't/will work for which version of the game.

cool, thanks

Isn't it obvious?

is there a mod removing all turn limits?

Mods can't fix this shit.

Hi Todd

Billy Mays here with a 3 step guide on how to make your XCOM experience a million times better. Have you ever wanted to have fun playing XCOM instead of trudging through uninspired assets and level design? No more! Here is what you do:
1. uninstall XCOM2
2. install the real xcom
3. install openxcom

Dont' forget, for even more fun you can play one of OpenXCOM's mods like the Final Mod Pack, or The XCOM Files.

Y'know, this is the first time I've seen someone else address this but it's such an obvious thing about Nu X-COM.

Try mod called OpenXcom, its a standalone but it improves the game a lot

Very good mod, much better than "muh stonk wiminz xpirates" shit

that mod is overkill

Seriously? A game about lewd pirate girls beating up people including lots of other women, running prostitution rings and assembling shota slaveboy harems for themselves. A game where the 'pedia is brimming with lewds and you can have your girls go on missions in the buff. And you're somehow offended by "muh stonk wimminz"? Get a fucking grip.

On the other hand there are legitimate criticisms of xpiratez. It is total feature overkill to the point it's actually quite RAM hungry.
A more serious criticism is that it has some very annoying research bottlenecks where you need to get some capture or drop that only occurs extremely rarely.

Yes, seriously, you fucking cuck.

And ultimately everyone are the Star Gods' bitches and we don't know whether those are male, female or ungendered.
The mod is the way it is because the developers have the hots for musclegirls. But that's probably wrong in your mind as well.

That is wrong. Lusting after strong women comes from, generally, the desire to be dominated. This is gay. You are gay.

Listen, if you're a closet bitch that's your problem. Don't sugarcoat it. Anyone who played Xpiratez for any amount of time will tell you it has a strong stronk wymin aspect to it. It's a decent enough mod and the gameplay is innovative and cool enough but don't lie about the obvious vibe behind it.

with the DLC most of the turn limits are gone

i replayed the game from the start after getting the DLC. there were only about 5 missions out of 40 something that had turn limits.

apocalypse suck

Could someone give a link to the game with its expansion, actually? I'm sorta tempted to give the expansion a playthrough.

What game? Xcom2 with War of the chosen?
Find it yourself nigger, its everywhere on the internet

After the release of the expension you can't get past the first blacksite mission without the game corrupting your save file. The game went to being bad to being unplayable, like some early access kickstarter project. No mods can help you play this garbage game.

Werked 4 me

There are better ways to waste your time user.

What the fuck game are you guys talking about? I was looking on jewgle for AT LEAST 25 seconds but this is all I could find for xpirates

How about stop being a nigger?
openxcom.org/forum/index.php/board,18.0.html?PHPSESSID=d5am3fi648u9fidsgk5tptmqm4

Have an old meme faggot

Either you are the luckiest player ever, or a lying cunt. The problem is so common streamers on twitch make backups of their saves every other mission.

What do you anons feel about Silent Storm

Bretty good but you can really see that time has taken its tool from this game.

In what ways, user?

UI, AI, pathfinding, wasted opportunities in some ways (no attachments for weapons for example, it wasnt that popular back in the day butit is now)

It's nothing personal, he's (((mad))) because you're a cancerous newfag piece of shit.

>It's nothing personal, he's (((mad))) because you're a cancerous newfag piece of shit.
I don't think he's Jewish because of anyone but himself, or his parents.

The first blacksite, i.e. the story mission where you grab the thing and evacuate, right? Never had issues with that.
Doesn't make War of the (((Chosen))) a better game though.

openxcom.org/

You're not Billy Mays

mfw Space Balls makes a direct reference to this very line. Fuck me, I can't find a webm or video of it though.

user, the saying is "time has taken its toll on this game."

Im sorry im not a native english speaker

Valhalla achievement was the last one I needed and 5 missions in fugging game locked up after sharpshooter got grabbed by a viper. Tried reloading and it’s just frozen on his turn unable to take an action. How they allow such a great game to stay so broken I’ll never understand.

Because the devs probably only partially understand the underlying tech they're working with.

lol

Goat tbs imho except for the fact it’s horribly broken. If you can name a better one I’ll get it right now.

Maybe if you are braindead, if Nucom passes as a good TBS in your mind then you are a huge fucking pleb

Original X-COM.

How can it be GOAT if it's horribly broken? You make no sense. In any case if you really want to play nucom then play the first one with Long War
Then mod it you pleb. There's tons of add ons in the nexus and you can screw with the .ini files yourself if you want to.

Honestly you're better off just playing UFO Defense or any of its derivatives like Aftermath.

Still playable outside of Ironman mode just a pain in the ass with file corruption after a certain point. Still feel like I got money’s worth for the 3 campaigns (2 vanilla 1 WOTC) was able to finish.
Will check out, thanx.

UFO: Enemy Unknown, Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
There you go faggot
I didnt say that, procedural generated maps can be made interesting, but that is not the case with NuCom

Going, like, this, makes, you, look, like, a, parjeet. 1.13 is shit now-a-days.

You guys realize NuCom is not procedural generation and is why the maps suck, whereas original X-COM is procedural, right? At least NuCom 1 wasn't procedural, I don't know about 2.

Neither game has procedurally generated maps. I shit you not.

Vanilla nuCOM's pretty shit but at least check the fuck you're saying you dumb retard.

Well, randomly generated maps with predefined terrain blocks. UFO Defense doesn't have handcrafted maps except for the Mars map I guess.

Check your terminology faggot
Squad is from 8 to 12

You still don't get it. The map generation in the new shit is intentionally lifted from the originals. ufopaedia.org/index.php/MAPS_Terrain

Nigger, I'm not debating the terminology. You're implying that the max number of soldiers you can deploy in nuCOM is 4-8 when it's 4 base and 6 with upgrades.
I can go a step further and say that in LW1 it's 6 plus 2 with upgrades and LW2 with up to 10 depending on the mission type and how much you want to infiltrate.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. This page you linked even confirms that the maps in UFO Defense are generated.

That's even worse.

Not as much idiotic RNG like NUCOM where there is no ballistics simulation at all and whether you hit or not is entirely based on one single check. Even if your bullet has to go through solid steel, if it passes that check, it will phase right through it in NUCOM.

I don't care about that. I'm far more concerned about this retard not getting his facts straight.
Not going to debate that. nuCOM's LOS rules is very clunky and pretty shit.
I hope you're not implying that UFO Defense had ballistics simulation. Because it sure as fuck didn't.

I can see that. The original games use a system where they shuffle hand made terrain blocks and that creates the map. The new games use that exact system except they changed how the enemies react - being activated on a pod-by-pod base as opposed to map wide.

So if the maps suck in the new ones that comes from handholding and or bad level design.

UFO had RNG that could be mitigated by smart play. NuCom does not, unless you think spamming explosives forever all the time is smart.

That's a crock of shit. You can get something broken like double shot run and gun way sooner than plasma grenades, it's cooldown based and does way more damage even with tier one shotguns then said plasma grenades. Now, god forbid you get a bunch of psykers or genetic soldiers rolling.

Your soldier abilities matter fuck all you dumbass because any class can easily be disabled by the bullshit enemies like Vipers. Enjoy your uber 1335 combo then.

The one optimal strat in NuCom1 was overwatch crawling because letting the Ayys shoot you means you lose.
The one optimal strat in NuCom2 is grenading everything as fast as possible because letting the Ayys shoot you means you lose.

You're right. It's a core problem that in EU/EW they only mitigated with Meld yet in 2/Wot(((C))) they only made one biome(?) where using explosives will fucking rape you on higher difficulties. In LW1 meld matters less so and OW crawling is THE optimal strategy while in LW2 they mitigated that by simply making grenades have a cooldown (unless you're a grenadier) and deal much less environmental damage so you can't easily clean up.

Tried carrying a medkit? Kinda important. And no, aggressive flanking was and remains the way to go. You don't care about timers, you don't care about long term fuck you abilities the AI has and once you reach that sweet spot with two good core teams you don't even care about injuries all that much.

I'll give you that LWs a different beast.

Enjoy your 4 active pods on a tiny tiny map.

And the easiest way to achieve that is with using explosives to destroy the cover. If you carry enough grenadiers you can essentially pull it off very easily. I have no clue if Wot(((C)))'s has done much more than what I have played of it to discourage that playstyle with the (((chosen))) but from what I can tell, they don't do that much. And as
until you get battle scanners and scanning protocol (or you know there's nothing there) than trying to go for a flank is going to get your soldiers killed more often than not. Personally, the best way for me to deal with it is by using high ground which is very easy to get in 2.
Did you rike JohnnyLump's wild ride?

Can't say I enjoyed it too much being as piss easy and dependent on the same few tactics as it is. Then again I'm not the kind of hipster to spew cringy shit like uber. :^)

No, you're the kind of autist who doesn't recognize sarcasm when it hits him in the face. You probably thought the 5 was a mistake too.

The vanilla Chosen AI is a complete joke anyway and they only become dangerous when they get sur-fucking-prise overpowered trait combos via the RNG.

Downloaded immediately. I love this.

If you destroy the cover you don't get the flanking multiplier. And that shit's kinda important with all the HP mutons and such have on higher difficulty or LW. You could also argue having to spend several actions on several soldiers as opposed to one per enemy downed: throw bomb, shoot, possibly shoot again opposed to one guy flank and crit.

That works.

No argument there. I didn't recognize what passes for sarcasm on /vg/ years ago and I doubt I would now.

Forgot to add Phantom Rangers are something you can use to scout out as well. No idea how they missed me.

The only one that really posed a threat was the Assassin for simply being the only one who will charge at you with no regard. Usually when there's another pod already activated. I love the Hunter's cheekiness but the rest of them are fucking shit.

Pretty sure you do get flanking bonus regardless if they're in cover or not. If it's a LW2 thing than I didn't really notice as I actually flank in that due to how pitiful explosives damage is unless you're a Rocketeer technical (and that's unreliable as fuck).

The way the chosen are handled in general is a perfect example of how Firaxis completely missed the point of UFO. They keep fucking talking at you, slowing down your entire game to deliver their shitty taunts. Other people do the same because the devs are apparently OH SO PROUD of their retarded story that the player simply HAS to witness it. UFO had none of this.

But what am I saying, these are the same retards that managed to ruin Civilization.

It's not that mission the problem. At the start of every turn, in any mission, the game might crash while saving, erasing the savefile. The glitch is so common that it usually happens before you reach the first blacksite mission, very early in the game. There is no official fix for this gamebreaking bug.

But wait, there's more. The glitch was introduced with the patch that made the base game compatible with the expansion. Firaxis themselves said they are not planning on patching the base game anymore. So the base game is permanently broken. If you buy the expansion, then there is a chance that, someday, somewhere, firaxis might fix the fucking game. It's being 3-4 months since launch, the game is still broken.

Yep. It was one of the major complaints about vanilla and yet they still kept doing it. I love the Hunter's banter but I don't want the game to fucking pause when we could easily keep going while he chatted.

You'd think so but no. Empty red shield =/= yellow flanking one.

Complained to them about it and got this response.

Uninstall.exe

why aren't you faggots playing ufo afterlight

just caught this thread at a glance and saw this
congratz user, since the long time since I've this game this is the first I've seen it mentioned on a good light
the progression is bad, and it gets boring and repetitive after a while, not to mention the awkward controls from another era
but the real time combat is where its at, satisfying and cool as fuck, even though AI is shit with it and by design it makes the overall game longer
the other games of the series are also good, but it flaws are more obvious, repetitive level design and too much fights = quickly boring

oh and also forgot, honorable mention to the one real time failed xcom,
this game somewhat tries to be that game, without really making it though

Looks cartoonish.

No particular reason but have this.

It's X-COM: Apocalypse. It's sourceport is coming along quite smoothly so hopefully someone will do a good full overhaul of it like with the full mod pack for UFO Defense.

I completely agree. as I'm playing it now I would have posted the exact same thing

cheers
also looking forward to openapoc. apocalypse was my favorite one and I hope it gets a solid port

Is long war 1 worth shit or is it simply more of EW/EU? All I want are options. I used to play EW with that one modifier that randomized all perks because otherwise I'd pick the same perk trees since everything else is garbage and it was fun.

It's alright but be prepared to tweak it heavily to make it bearable. The dev's idea of balance is "it's me against the players and I can't let them win".

Tweak it how exactly? Enemy health/accuracy too high?

Every other moddable sci-fi game worth its salt has one or possibly both of those, but this has neither
What the fuck's even the point of allowing modding if the community's just going to ignore the game? I understand RTSs and such would attract lots of big autists, but you'd think turn based strategy would pull in at least some of them

I was more concerned about those uncanny warhammer mods.

Its out already

I am. Because it did. Your bullets actually traveled along a path unlike in NUCOM.

I remember tweaking mostly things related to the air combat, injury and fatigue times etc.

>modded to fun
>sneks

I'm having a pretty good time at the moment. Also, got all the WotC versions of these , but is there anything else I should get for the DLC?

without steam workshop? how? xcom modder are assholes who only post WotC update on the shitty steam workshop (the thing that break your save if you play offline or if autor remove the mod) and not on nexus.

Steamsale

I pirated the game to see how I liked it and how well my computer could run it first tho, figured I'd be playing it for a while so I bought it.

even with steam sales it's 46€ … or 30 if you already have the base game.
and regardless if i had it. stam workshop suck ass depending on the dev/publisher.
Here, for xcom2:
You aren't downloading and instaling any mod.
You just sub to them and they load when you start the game. meaning offline mode = no mod + enjoy increase is starting time since you have to load all thoses mods
and if they suddently disapear from the SW: you can t load them anymore. and you save is fucked.

that also mean you can t tweak thoses mod for yourself.
a mod that give randomness to the stats upgrade? you want to be a +2 or -1 roll compare to the base value but the mod is set for +/-2 ? => you're fucked.

somehow, i feel like you can judge the modding community of a game based on their upload on nexus and other Mod HUB rather than the controled, lock and subscribing mod HUB that is steam workshop.

Maybe i would have bought WotC but since this implies loosing all my mods…
regardless of how many new stuff the dlc add: this will mean i would lose much more content than what the adc add. meh .. moreover when only the templar trully interest me since he is a "melee/warrior" psi ops

yes but unfinished. I'll wait for a later release

He's a big ayy.

for you

nevermind that i just had to search a bit more.

i found i way to get (((nearly))) all steam workshop's mod without goind there:
xcom2.smods.ru/

(((nearly))) because it depend on the modder. if the autor do not want upload outside Steam workshop, aside from being a scumbag that mean you can t DL there. but 95-99% of the mod are available

this mean that if do not have a legit version you can still enjoy mods