What do you want to see in Pokemon on the Switch?

What do you want to see in Pokemon on the Switch?

What about you? get as autistic as you want with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tayferret.com
yourbias.is/belief-bias
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No more HMs. if a pokemon has fucking wings let me have them fly me around after I have the appropriate badge, you shits.

I just want a hard mode and good post game

I'd love a game with multiple starting points and diverging paths.

That would be good, if each town could be picked and it altered the levels for you based on near and far routes. Maybe you get a different starter type for each town? like the spooky town gives Ghost, Psychic or Fairy and the inner city gives fightan, steel and poison?

That's a good way of doing things. I was also thinking something like what metroidvanias with multiple paths do, locking you out from going back until you get a progression item.
Let's say there are 2 paths after a town, both paths start with you jumping down a ledge, but to go back in one of the paths you need cut, and in the other you need strength, and the levels for the enemies in each path is set after you enter each of them for the first time.
The problem with this idea is that you can always death warp back to a pokemon center in pokemon, but there are plenty of ways to make this work.

Forget that gen 6 and 7 even exist and force the entire dev team (artists included) to play through gens 3, 4 & 5.

they took out HMs in the last game and they probably won't be coming back

BRING BACK NIGHT AND DAY CYCLES
I stopped playing after gold and silver because of this shit. Fuck ruby and sapphire.

i want to see a reboot of pokemon, as if everything from gen 1 to gen 7, including the animu, mangos, and movies, never happened, except for the pokemon introduced in those generations existing, with the exceptions of the Z-moves
also, there'd be more mega evos, but only for some pokemon that aren't very strong without them
I wouldn't take it too hard if all the mega evos were gone though, though that'd make some people that like them quite displeased

the game's overworld should be the size of fire kanto+johto+the islands south of kanto, and the entire game should be in 3D, as opposed to 2.5D

Man you skipped over the whole sun and moon thing eh?

After Gold and Silver i vowed to never buy another pokemon game until multiple savegames exist. The terror of losing my save after my cousin started a new game haunts me til today.

i see you savescum skele, don't turn this thread into a den of poke'lies.

Let you fug the pokegirls

I want to see it come back to an actual handheld
and not be so handholdy holy shit
Also bring back 2D animations.

The way SuMo did it was shit too, we need to strike a balance

I want it to be fun for once, holy shit, I have never understood what fun people see in these fucking games. The battles are never balanced, you either have pokeymen that one-shot everything or ones that die in one hit from everything, and backtracking to get a pokemon that resists whoever you're fighting isn't fun either.

B-but user…

Its too late user. mario, zelda, pokemon, metroid, fire emblem, shin megami tensei. Handhelds are dead. Its Switch or nothing.

A fun game other then the casual piece of shit that will be rushed to sell as many units as possible that we will get?

These
Additionally, i'd like to see the return of triple and rotation battles (surely the switch can handle that many models at once)

ur a cheeky li'l cunt m8

I'm not a huge pokemon fan myself and to me the games also get super boring super fast but
You must be playing the games in a really fucking weird way because neither of those things have ever been a problem to me.

More dress up and non-linearity.

Something other than the same fucking game again. For the love of fuck, don't have this "Start out, choose fire/water/grass, have rival, big bad criminal team wants to do something, beat rival, beat criminal team halfway through and then probably again at the end, do elite four, get badges along the way". Holy shit.

What I want is a complete wipe. We don't need every pokemon up to this point. Just start with a fresh batch, none of the old ones, simple mechanics (without stupid mega-evolution shit), and a fun, simple game.

you would think this would be easy to do, but gamefreak keeps going for the babby/good goyim audience.

Thats why I always liked the offshoot games more. If only they just keep trying to make different games like those instead of copy-paste mainline Pokemon games.

Drop the disgusting looking 3D graphics and go back to 2D sprites.

Hell, I wish they actually bothered to make a completely different story with different progression. Have the gyms and poke league still be there and play a role, but just switch it up for fuck's sake.
That way I could easily forgive them if they didn't make any new pokemon because they have long since proven they are flat out of quality design ideas. I'd actually encourage them to fucking stop until they get some new blood that can actually make good pokes again.

Flesh out the world a bit, have each town and city have something to do for you besides fighting the gym. Just make them fun to play, man.

You can't just save over people's games anymore. Since I think HG/SS you have to do a obscure button combo at the title screen to delete the save game first and they don't tell you how to do this in game.

This. 3D is pig disgusting.

1st gen only

I want to click the right stick to switch between an overhead perspective and a follow/free camera I can control.

Make random encounters be instances that pop on screen like rustling grass or shadows that move around with different behavior. Passive Pokémon will flee while aggressive Pokémon will attack the player. Also dodging Zubats that fly towards you sounds fun.

Keep the game turn-based but have options to change the battle speed from toggling animations to calculating damage instantly or slowly.

Have a dynamic camera that follows Pokémon when they make physical contact. Also show trainer's faces once in a while so you can savor their tears when you take out their favorite Pokémon.

Anthropomorphized Pokegirls

Moemon is best.

Good idea, but with no pokes exclusive to seasons. That can be annoying to wait 3 months just because you missed a poke.
This.
Obviously. And not some "the more you go, the more odds stack against you" bullshit we have since Diamond and Pearl.
Fucking this.
It can be good, but there's also the problem that, should there be too much pokes on routes, some will be put at 1 fucking percent. Which is annoying.
Ten thousand times this.
Customisation was a step in the right direction.
I like the idea.
It was planned and then scrapped for Sun/Moon. One can expect it for Switch.
What about interesting new pokes instead ?
A minigame can be fun. Having several minigames can be better. I'd love the Voltorb Flip coming back, personally.
Player gyms. Definitely. I spent too much time on this.

Also, more triple/rotation/inverse battles. There are concepts worth building on.

I want a 4th/5th gen Moemon.

Speaking of Alolan, what about in future regions? Would they add a bullshit item to give alolan forms or whatever? I rather the idea that a Pokemon's form is influenced by how a trainer raises it and in which environment.

I want them to not design the game for the mobile audience and take at least twice as long to develop it than it took for them to make gen 7.
If they do that then I'll care again because those are the main reasons why all the mainline 3DS games were complete fucking trash.

Some interviews suggest they want a world more like breath of the wilds so maybe alolan forms are just the hidden shit like the nutboys in zelda.

That's been a thing consistently since like… gen 4

Day and night cycle
Season cycles
Getting contact number of trainers who call you for rematches
Hard Mode
More customizable avatars like in X and Y
Secret Bases. This time with practical use
something like splatfest would be great
Pokemon walking with you
pokemon petting
No more HMs. just make it so its a field ability pokemon who are able to use it can use passively on the field, but doesn't bother moveset
5 ability slots instead of 4 to go wild with meta

Imagine new regional forms in the next game. I skipped gen 7 because I wasn't satisfied with the direction the series is taking.

US/UM are pretty fuckin neato. No HG/SS but still good. Regular Sun and Moon feel like fucking mobage beta tests though.

I'll probably just wait for the next gen. 3DS is already ending and I think they'll port the gameboy games over to Switch.

Oh boy

Stay salty.

Funny. Because I don’t see any 4K games on the switch.

Less fucking cutscenes

I know you're probably baiting, but it wouldn't surprise me if you're delusional enough to believe this. They confirmed it in the same direct that they announced Metroid Prime 4 in.

Funny. Because I don't see any games on the PS4.

I understand Goons are really, really trying to "massage the narrative" that the switch is a bomb but its already outsold the wii U and is selling more per week than any other console right now. Its a hit and while its far from a perfect system the bizzare level of extreme denial is starting to reach flat earther tier.

>>>/reddit/

Because 4K is a format that will be abandoned in three years top for the next "best of the world" format. Also, pointing 4K for games on a console without games is coherent as fuck.

Stop responding to obvious bait

Sex with Pokemon or at least relationships.

Also Switch is a successor to the 3DS. It's a popular handheld right now.

Feels bad.

tayferret.com
LOL

You are the delusional enough to believe Bayonetta 3 will be a Switch exclusive.

Keep telling yourself that NintendBaby

You realize that Nintendo's paying for it… again… right? There's a reason that 2's exclusive to Nintendo platforms when 1 has been ported to PC.

I wish to see a single pokemon game that wasn't child's play and hand hold you the entire time, was really challenging sometimes, a decent story, an all original map so big that you could fit the all previous regions 3 times, and because of this catch all pokemon available ever. I'd call it World of Pokemon or something. O yeah and pokegirls, lots of the always top tier pokegirls

I want to see better hardware. Also an open world BotW-style game with Pokémon that follow you and interact with the environment. That’s all I want. I want to roam the world with my Pokémon out of their balls–Rotom floating around, Lilligant pipping behind me, etc.

You leave Vanilla alone! shes a good girl!

It's more like Switch is the handheld successor, but not a proper home console successor. It's more of a tablet that pretends to be a home console.

PS4 has most of the game of the year like the last of us and zero dawn.

Sure….. and PUBG and cuphead will remain exclusives on Xbox one.

Friend can i introduce to a series called Digimon Cyber Sluts?

Reported for shit memes.

Some kind of different combat system. Honestly, something on the switch should be a spinoff anyway, so I'd like to see then try action combat, but if not that then at least something positional.

I appreciate your ironic humor

just lift Pokkens.

Just make that fucking pokemon mmo we are all waiting for already.

What if i told you it involves collecting monsters with girls dressed very, very inappropriately?
What if i told you female digimon do nice things to each other?

Ill consider playing it if there is no more gimmicky shit and if it plays like this.

I always wanted to play a pokemon game like this.

They're more likely to make a Fire Emblem MMO than a Pokemon one. A Zelda MMO will get pitched by Nintendo while rejecting a Pokemon one. Miyamoto will be like "Want Pokemon MMO? Too bad! You get Animal Crossing MMO!"

Just remove the forced tutorials and it's all fine.

This. Make it about an up and coming trainer from an existing region (player's choice) that visits a new region after leaving home. That way the (((Pokemon Company))) can keep selling the same game via old region expansion packs just like they did with Sun and Moon.

I'd actually love to see a Zelda themed MMO for the switch. Call it Heroes of Hyrule and let me play as a thicc Gerudo amazonian.

Kyoko makes me rock hard tbh

I want hats for my pokemon.
I want a diglet in a goddamn viking helmet.

Less about saving the world / region and more about hunting for rare, undocumented pokemon.

I always this while playing G1 for the first time. Never researched all the game's creaturse so had the pleasure of just stumbling upon different species.

Imagine a mechanic for Pokemon breeding where you can effect their type and appearance along with environmental factors. But that's not until 10 gens into the future.

Fuck your gay eugenics autism system.
Check this out

Complete fucking overhaul. Redo stats of all pokemon (especially earlier gens) to have a fairly consistent power level. Tweak the type chart so that just having a typing doesn't make something automatically better (steel) or worse (ice). Remove megas and pretend they never existed. tweak damage numbers so that there's something between everything dying in 1 hit and LOLSTALL.

You had me at breeding

Also this.
The game has so many fucking grandfathered one-off loose mechanics it's not fucking funny.

Want to evolve your Eevee into a Leafeon or Glaceon? Better find this one specific fucking screen that's only accessible postgame, just for the sake of completion. But hey if you're doing that, you might as well just trade it in from an earlier version. Not to mention friend safaris. You could change it so they need a stone to evolve but then that would upset muh legacy mechanics so you can't do that. Not to mention such an item would be otherwise useless and just sit in a store waiting for you to buy it.

How about all those singleton held items that may or may not be obtainable that are consumed to evolve a Pokemon when traded? Having a Steel Coat show up 1:16 of the time on a specific wild Pokemon doesn't count, either. It's stupid.

Griseous Orb? That single item that's only useful with Giratina? Why the fuck is it obtainable ingame but Giratina isn't? What's the use? If you have a source of Giratinas, you should have a source of Orbs, anyways.

I could go on and on

Like Monster Rancher already did?

"No child, you are Diglett no longer, now you are DIGKING"

Also sun stone and moon stone were both in gen 2 so espeon and umbreon have no excuse at all. They did change how milotic evolves (and will probably be forced to do the same for malimar) so there is a chance they'll fix this bullshit.

They introduced an evolution item to fucking Feebas post Gen 4. Yeah, Megas might get forgotten next gen and so might Alolan forms for the next new Pokemon gimmick. Enough one off gimmicks.

The happiness evolution thing is just to show off the new happiness mechanic. The evolution with icy/moss rock is to show off the evolution by location mechanic. Whenever they have some new mechanic or one off gimmick, they'll have to have a Pokemon evolve through it.

Alolan forms are actually good though. Megas are poorly thought out cancer that steers the metagame towards using them but alolan forms are just alternate versions of existing pokemon and generally have about the same power level.

Happiness is much better now, in UM i got a Buneary to evolve to Lopunny at lvl.12 just by keeping it in slot 1 and taking it 3 times to a festival plaza place.

ALL of those mechanic changes need to be retconned. No male gardevoir; male kirlia become gallade without dawn stones, for example. Same with any of the other added 4th gen evolutions.

Your pleb tier waifu is a dude. Deal with it.

Also, trade only evolutions are bullshit.
Pic related.

Cry more, furfag; project your shit onto someone else.

Problem with Alolan forms is to get them in the newer gen/region outside of transfer.

Why would that be a problem? Just have them be a regional variant or give them a rarity 10x more common than shinies.

How they are going to repopulate then? Through fucking with humans instead? Think who is a furfag.

A lot of fucking things in Pokemon need to be retconned to unclutter the clusterfuck.

I know some people are a few games behind but folks know there IS a male gardevoir species right?

It technically will since the Switchs save games are bound to user profiles. So even for single-save games like Breath of The Wild it's not an issue because whoever lives with you simply has to select their own profile before the game starts and they'll get their own save to use.

In gen 7 you can do bullshit with everstones to get normal versions of alolan forms, so I assume it will be the exact same but in reverse in future games.

Like Alolan stones? Great, another item to add to the clutter.

You are THIS dumb.

I’d even want megas to become real evolutions (move the stats around a bit to have HP increase, too) simply to save from the retardation that is in-battle evolutions. It opens up a new world of branching evos, too, particularly with the new moves they’ve added.

There’s a psychic move now that picks the highest stat–either ATK or SATK–and bases its BP on that. That’s perfect for an INVERTED branch evolution for Alakazam. Abra and Kadabra keep existing, but they could add two more Pokémon–Hocus and Pocus–that are psychic and ATK-focused. Then when your Pocus becomes Alakazam, it’s an ATK-specced one and its attacks still work out.

I just want to see another Colosseum/XD, really. These new pokemon games have long since surpassed autism, and are hand holdy as fuck.

No, I just said it was with everstones. Fucking read you dumb nigger.

The last thing the game needs is more tryhard bullshit like that.
Kill yourself.

I get everstones. But it would be a retarded idea to use an everstone to make an alolan form in another region.

Smogonite detected.

So? Trhe textures still look horrible and the game is running at 30 fps. Why are you defending a console with no games?

Transfer alolan form over, breed with everstone to ensure you get alolan forms from eggs. Needing to transfer one to begin with is no different than doing it with a species that had to be transferred in the first place and no special item is needed.

Don't use insults if you don't know what they mean.

Fuck, this looks exactly like an idea I've had for years for a console pokemon. Everyone I've ever described it to thinks I'm retarded or something.
If this turns out at all what I think it is I'll lose my shit.

My problems with pokemon as it is now and want to be fixed:

-Too easy. As the fanbase grew bigger and older they they should have added additional difficulty settings with better AI and team composition for enemys for more experienced players, instead of catering exclusively to new players.
At the very minimum they should have had options to skip the tutorial shit, for fucks sake the franchise is 20+ years old, I don't need to be forced to relearn how to catch a Pokemon every time I start a new game

-Version exclusives and event pokemon. Fuck them. If somebody wants to replay them a few years down the line there will be no way to catch them all because :
A) Its version exclusive and they dont have 2 systems with both versions or a friend to play a old ass game with.
B) Its version exclusive and the online servers no longer exist.
C) They cannot get it because it was only given out for a limited time online only.
Version exclusives should just be rarity based, not all or nothing true exclusives, maybe with only getting them post-game too.
Event exclusives should not exist at all, everything should be in-game from the start.

-Related to above, trade evolutions. Add a "stone" type item that triggers trade evolutions, as you will not always have somebody to trade with locally, and eventually online servers will be shut down.

-Boxes. The pay 4 boxes shit is the most bullshit con I have seen in a while from Nintendo. There is no justifying it whatsoever.

-SaveFiles. 20 fucking years later and you still cant have multiple files. On the GB it was understandable, GBA & DS eh sure maybe, but on 3DS, especially when you can have your own fucking swappable SD cards for data and shit? Fuck off.
-If more save files are ever added I would like to see those rom randomizer mods to be incorporated in-game options as a nice little bonus for new save files, Obviously you wouldn't be able to play a randomized save online or trade them, but its still fun. Maybe as a reward for catching them all on the main save file?

-Overdramatic Story. I liked it much better when it was just "go beat gym leaders, oh also might as well beat these criminals because they are in the way". Gen 3 onward there is big dramatic plots where you stop world ending evil plans with Legends and shit.
I wouldn't mind the dramatic stories so much if they were done better, but overall the execution is pretty crap. If they can't do more stories competently they should just keep it simple.

-Easy Legends. Related to above, Legends should have stayed as hidden secrets and optional dungeon/sidequest bonuses, not something you are guaranteed to fight & catch during the main story.

-MEGAS. Remove them completley. They are absolute fucking garbage, they exist for no reason other than as a marketing gimmick.
Half of them are just buffs for already powerful pokemon, the other half have no reason they couldn't just be rebalanced and added as a new evo or as a alternate evo for already 3rd stage Pokemon, or just reworked into the vanilla version.

I don't care that it's bait go fuck yourself shitmeister.

Here's what I think

Someone didn't have any friends growing up.

Pokemon Fusion

It got shut down user, But you can probably make it in secret if you had the skills/autism

Yeah, I looked right after I posted. Feels shitty, guess I'll watch as the switch game turns out to be the newest Colosseum game and wonder what might have been.

What?
and that's indeed a shame. I suppose I'll just have to stick to emulating it.
Thank god for PCs.

OH GOD DO YOU NOT KNOW?!?

I want to see Gen 8 come to 3DS

no HMs, I like the gen 7 system of just acquiring "riding pokemon" and special ability pokemon

instead of 6 pokemon there should only be 4 or 5 per team, also 2v2 battles should be more common

npcs should have better AI, switch pokemon more often and use effective moves, use potions

3ds has so many games, and its still getting new titles, its definitely not dead until late 2019.
even then the backlog is huge of worthwhile games

while switch will still be at 3 or 4 worthwhile titles to play. go figure

They confirmed 100% no more 3ds pokemon games. US/UM were a test project for a second gamefreak team and the A team is now switch exclusive with job postings suggesting pokemon games will now be made in unreal engine 4.

The 3ds is dead m8. It had a good run.

it's dead cause gen 8 is coming to switch?
as long as people are playing it and games are still in stores its not dead, in fact its still getting new titles in 2018

Switch isn't even a handheld because its battery life is so shitty, and its too big

nintendo needs to make a new, slightly more powerful 3DS, that's all.

Hex Maniac

It's dead. All big new games are being made for switch.

You are talking to a guy who owns a Vita. I will be buying the Catherine remake for it next year. That doesn't mean its not fucking dead.

Let it go, its time for acceptance.

It's dead because the Switch is its successor. Same reason DS is dead now.

Problem with switch is it needs about 1.5 years to actually get enough good titles to overtake the 3DS. As well as a new 2.0 version that has a decent battery life.

How about some fuckable pokemon this time around? Last one only had a small pool of remotely fuckable pokemon and I didn't care for any of them. And no, I don't play the games and don't really care to. I only look forward for new games because of porn.

no, make it significantly more powerful and don't make it 3D and give it a nicer screen and then we'd have a good handheld and emulation machine

You say that like the 3DS wasnt dogshit for like a solid year or two.

Remember when the launch window was Ocarina of time 3D or literally fucking nothing?
It may have a great library now but 3DS was as bad as the Wii U at launch.

I did not.
I have no hope for this game.

Its called a Vita man.

Dragon Quest 11 coming out sometime in 2018, Shin Megami Tensei 2018, Radiant Historia Perfect 2018.

not dead yet

I bought a Vita and can't emulate fucking GBA games without massive slowdown. I'm pissed about it, but at least the PSP and freeshop is nice.

yes the 3DS wasn't worth buying and didn't kill the DS until maybe a year or so later.

Same goes for the switch, give it 1.5 years to "overtake" the 3DS.
3DS has another good year left in it, plus tons of replay value because its backlog is huge.

Switch development will be slow.

WHY

Two possibly inferior remakes from one generation ago and a hackjob port aimed for poor nips. Great.

Then why even call it Pokémon at that point?

1) A good story. Sun/Moon were too bloated with characters that are only relevant for ten seconds.
2) Rebattling trainers and gym leaders
3) A real post game instead of putting more and more focus on competitive online
4) Actually trimming some fat like having millions of freebie items because every game has to have ever single item from the previous games
5) Actual dungeons
6) Better online functionality

Because it's still pokemon, just a new set. Imagine if Gen 2 just had a new set of pokemon without any of the old ones. Like that. Gen 3 sort of did it. This alone doesn't save the game, as they've done that to some degree with a lot of them, but instead of just starting fresh, they just make it seem like it up front.

Really, the games just need to stop being the old ones with a new coat of paint and maybe 1 or 2 novel features with each generation.
I'd rather play something new, even if it's terrible, than the same mediocre game on repeat but slightly worse but better-looking each time for 20 fucking years.

There's literally nothing wrong with having a whole new set and then re-introducing older pokemon via post-game areas and friend safari

They really do need to reboot Pokemon. The amount of cruft has gotten out of control. Stuff that was cool when it was introduced is just a pain when they have to keep finding ways to work them into the new games. I.E. evolutions like Leafeon and Glaceon, items for pokemon like arceus and genesect (mitigated by event exclusive and plates having a second use), etc. They introduce stuff like this every generation, and it just keeps piling up.

What about Gen V?

Black and White did it

Not to mention bullshit transformations like Rotom. They've got more shit to reinvent every game, and it usually involves very specific things.

Never finished it. Diamond was the last handheld Pokemon I finished, and I hated it. I found it horribly boring. I played a bit of Black, but quit from boredom about 5 few hours in. I only made it an hour or something into Pokemon X, and never touched Sun or Moon, but they did look somewhat interesting at least; it sounds like they actually changed some important things up. Out of all the ones I've played, they all feel so painfully similar. Even Gold and Silver, which are my favorites, were essentially just incremental improvements on RBY.

The Black and White games tried it for the main story, with some non-Unova monsters appearing in the postgame. B2W2 mostly went the same route, but added a handful of non Unova Pokemon along the way, perhaps for better variety or whatever (I'll admit B2W2 gave me more respect for the Mareep line, which I honestly hadn't bothered using before).

Maybe they've figured that people didn't bother with doing so enough, like their excuse to cut out Battle Frontier? Admittedly just a guess; the DS and Wii were the last Nintendo systems I've bothered with, so I can't claim to have played beyond fifth gen.

lolis

Yall niggas need taste

Also a reboot would be the perfect time for them for them to iron out all the retarded little quirks that arose because of their autistic need to maintain mechanical continuity, like incense for baby pokemon breeding, or the nidoran sexes being separate pokemon, or all those 4th gen evos that require specific map features or unique items

I like the shadow Pokemon games, but what more can they do that hasn't been done already? Also a bit more variety of shadow Pokemon would be nice.

Do what Black and White did.
Don't fucking "add" anything, just actually use everything that's been introduced in the series and implement it all into the same goddamn game for once. Throw in any amount non-linear progression and you're fine.
Also, obligatory double battles for every fight, fuck you.

They could make shadow typing and moves an actual thing, for one
How you purify them or fight with them or catch them could also be played around with in any number of ways
But just having it would be enough anyway, innovation isn't really needed when it already has plenty of guaranteed value

You fucking deleted my legit mew I got from Nintendo Max. YOU FUCKING DELETED IT!

still have the certificate with the id number and everything

oh my god

I want them to Pokemonise BOTW.

Want to cross a river? Find a water pokemon.
Want to glide? Find a flying pokemon.
Need to deal with lava? Use a water type to freeze it
Movie boulders? Fighting type smashes them.

You can see how this works. Battle wise could either be third person where you take over the pokemon (exact button does an attack, L/R dodges) or do it digimon style but more responsive less retarded.

What will we get? It'll be some shitty shovelware with buckets of story and no gameplay. Su/Mo are unplayably bad. They constantly disrupt the gameplay in order to shove cut scenes down your throat. I expect the Switch will be the same except on a larger screen.

and Fairy Tale Girl

i like this and i want more of it

Max Stirner

so anyone here know where to get the lastest build of Pokemon Prism? One just dropped today and the place where I got it before still hasn't updated

What a luxury, to have your save file murdered. To have someone to direct your grief at.
I watched as mine went senile, lost track of time, and died of old age. Years of good times from my childhood gone forever.

I would have been fine with the constant cutscenes in Sun and Moon if they were actually good, but they were always such pointless tripe. There are so many characters that everyone feels incredibly one dimensional. Guzma and Lilie are the only characters that feel like anything, and I still don't really like Lilie. The game also really takes the whole "hallway to the next cutscene" thing to an extreme. I don't think they need to go full on open world (that would be interesting, but there is no way they can actually pull it off), but at least try a little harder.

What's wrong with the Rotom forms? They're great. We just need triple types to balance out some of the overpowered Pokemon.

No. No we do not.

I want Pokemon to advance beyond the mechanics of the 20+ year old original games. 4 moves, 6 pokemon only, retarded EV stat autism, strict linear paths and hard limits on which pokemon you can find and when. The series has stagnated so bad, that they've literally resulted to retreading old games and making sequels to their poorly designed new games over and over to try and unfuck the dumb shit they tried to tack onto this broken-ass formula.

yeah they really shouldn't, their typing currently is fine as is

They need to move away from the tired old turn based formula instead of just adding a new one off gimmick for starters. The series needs a good reboot at this point.

The fanbase would revolt if they did.

Pokemon main series are just an excuse to add new pokemon to the franchise now. The side projects have gone full EA with microtransactions and such.

I'd like to see some of Snap end up in it in some way, but an actual Poke game. Maybe like a battle feature, but then I'm just kind of talking about other games that exist. Just wish they had worked more with that since. Oh no, it will have a gimmick in that sort of shape, won't it?

Fuck them. Pokémon needs to be great again.

Scrap the anime shit that has plagued the games for the last 15 years.
Stop the player from being completely stopped everywhere he goes to be force fed a story that not even kids would care about.
Make an actually big world to explore that doesn't feel cramped.
Put side content in that can be either skipped or played depending on your choice.

No stupid legendary pokemon bullshit with "muh legends" and some other retarded prophecy.

Just make it a good adventure in a strange world like Gold and Red were.

Bugs that let you inject arbitrary code.

You just described every single generation of pokemon games, even gen 1/2.

Interesting video until it starts playing Portal music. Then it just became cancer.

You clearly haven't played the new games where there's a 30-60 minute unskippable tutorial. Ultra has a cut scene as soon as you select what language you want.

I think you should go back and play gen 1 and 2.
There are problems that came about with Ruby and have only gotten worse since.

Being stopped for a story almost never happens in 1 and 2, anime shit is at a minimum, apart from the art style of course, but that's not my problem here.
Despite the hardware upgrades the world has been roughly the same size since Gold, if not smaller.
Side content is still incredibly limited, almost always stopping at "go to X location and get to the end to catch Y pokemon".

And the Legendary bullshit started in Ruby, before it was completely optional or even used as areward.

Gen 1-3 have about the same amount of stops. You have a rival pop up and team interruptions. Gen 1 doesn't really open until the last half, other wise you have to follow a path for plot.

Oaks Parcel > Brock > Bill > SS Anne

3rd gen is slightly worse but it's no where near as bad as it is now.

Legendary bullshit started with Crystal.

Nah, "levitate" should be an innate quality. the question is what should levitate as the ability do, if it's not outright replaced? cancel groundedness(from gravity, knock down and thousand arrows) after just one turn?

That's not my complaint here. While you certainly are being railroaded as much as the later games, it is never made obvious that you are.

The games flow much better without actually ever making you feel like you are being railroaded. I don't know if you have played Sun and Moon, but in those games they have actual construction barriers blocking streets to stop you from progressing past your point. And these are at every single gym.

In 1, 2 and also some of 3 at least they find smart ways to block you or make it fun by having you battle with Snorlax or Sudowoodo.

And yes, Crystal did start it, but I'd say it wasn't as offensive as it got later on.

4 moves is enough. Otherwise you could have a coverage that hits everything. In fact, maybe reducing it to THREE moves would be a good choice.

I don't know man I feel pretty fucking railroaded when a man won't let me pass until I turn the parcel in or when the police stop me until I beat Misty

Yes, and those are the two roadblocks. Once you're done you can either go to to vermillion city, go through the rock tunnel and go to lavender, then from lavender go to saffron city.

And then the thirsty guard
And the Snorlax
And the silph scope
HMs

Do we need to continue?

Thirsty guard blocks you from going to a specific city, not from progressing entirely, same with everything else.
They're very soft ways of putting you on a path that don't make it obvious you're on a path.

Again, I'm not saying you aren't railroaded, but that it's done in a much better way than the newer games do.

They already did that. It's called the N3DS. What's next? The NN3DS?

At least choose better artists, good grief.

Hello my jungle bunny!

You could at least play DS games on your 3DS. Both the Switch and Vita* could only stand on their own library.

*Outside of hacks that didn't come about until years later

There's better things you can do with the coin case at least. It's even feasable to use outside of a TAS.

The Snorlax is a much more natural barrier, as is the silph scope.

So what about the guy sketching his own foot prints?

Weak strawman. You can have progress barriers but they should be uncommon and make sense. Not some douche stopping you when you try going to Mt. Moon. An opposite is in ROM hacks that remove most progress barriers, so if you know the game you can go ahead and find your favourites or more profitable level-up spots.. But if you don't you can easily wander into the wrong area and get creamed.

Dumb, obviously. I never argued that all of the barriers were sensible, but they got much more obnoxious in later games. Also, roadblocks in gen 1 tend to unlock a lot more at once.

Nigger play Gold and then play X or Sun.
You will want to shoot yourself.

A larger/more open game world wouldn't be a bad thing. The question is how much stuff is in that broader world. If it's like breath of the wild or nier automota imo where you have 10 minutes of walking before you can get to a tiny bit of gameplay, then it would be shit.
But imagine if they did it right. Basically they would start you in the middle of the map and you'd wake up and your mom/dad would be like "hur dur your 10 get out of my house" before telling you that your cousin in tincan town or something owns a pokemon ranch and is looking for help. So you go to the ranch, he gives you a pokemon and a pokedex and tells you to go find some pokemans to bring back to the ranch. You then go out, kidnapping poketmen and beating up random hikers. Until you get to an impassable stone blocking your or something, you see a dude standing next to the stone and he tells you that only a pokemon with the fuckrocks move could get rid of this rock. He tells you that the gym trainer, Broccoli, will teach your pocky moans if you beat him. Rinse and repeat as for different locations on the map. You wanna go to that island? Well beat the shit out of this little girl in a swimsuit and you can. Make it open enough that you have room to grow, but linear enough that there's a sense of progression. Kinda like OoT or Majora's Mask. Once you leave the starting area, you're in this big open world or at least big and open for the N64, but a lot of the pathways are blocked off until you get the bombs, or arrows, or hookshot or whatever. Do that, but instead of having you fight stalfos and octorocs every once in a while, you have little fantasy dog fights.

Shitty idea. Doesn't make it open world if you lock everything behind fixed bosses. Give people ways to explore the world and then reward them with shortcuts to explore more.

Like how you have food or clothing in BOTW. Maybe make it so 3 fighting pokemon could smash a boulder, but 1 better one could if you caught it. You gain more movement options because you gain 2 additional party slots by having the better fighting type.

The problem is making combat work when you're passive.

They revolt every new generation. All they want is gen 1 over and over again. We need new gameplay and not the tired old turn based formula, the series is stagnant. All they add is one off gimmicks, clusterfuck evolutions and gimmick forms, mega evolution gimmicks and such without actually addressing the problems with the core game.

dating

That's a boy

You're a fag

does that matter?

I'm not the one posting traps

HNNG
MY HEART
Who is the artist?

epic meme

3D pokemon models.

Prove it.

All starters have a higher chance of being male than female

Found it, artist is ねご屋 on pixiv

Higher probability does not mean something is guaranteed. As long as there as a non zero chance you cannot treat any assumption as fact.

That's right, faggot.

Yes, but it doesn't mean that they cannot be female. What you're relying on is a bias.
yourbias.is/belief-bias

I'm relying on cold hard evidence. Only homos could be attracted to a fox on two legs.

The hack was made for a contest, and it nearly got kicked out because of the music. The rules very clearly stated that you can't use copyrighted music, but the guy had to be a faggot and do it anyways. They emailed Valve and got the okay so it was saved, unfortunately.
That being said, it is impressive.

now this is autism

All sylveon are girls.
Especially the males.

It not being developed by the ORAS and XY teams which isn't possible since it's being made by XYs.

Fuck the Tower, I want Frontier and honestly now that I read all of them; your desires are bandaids at best.

That shit better not have that terrible idea of using minigames to surf.

Good because Retro aren't working on it and it's being made by another part of Nintendo.

SE are gonna butcher DQXI when they localize it.

That would just be a bunch of busy work when you have able Pokemon already on you.
All they need to do is follow Dragon Quest which is what Pokemon was originally aiming for instead of a saturday morning cartoon approved by soccer moms.

What is it user, you dont like your three variations of the same clothing for the male trainer and the full wardrobe for the female trainer?

I was talking about the female.
I would murder for some pants that aren't all skin tight.

Something I thought of a long time ago for a way to get your first pokemon that wasn't the same shit, was to start you in the safari zone town, and let.you go catch one, and that would be your starter. You could only catch one, and the safari zone would shut down for maintenance until you get to a certain point.

Wow, I think I found the biggest retard in this thread.
If anything, they should bump the move limit up to 6 and make double battles mandatory.

I think most people who think of this kind of shit have thought of that
To have the best effect, there should be several representatives from a large variety of types if not all of them, the safari catching itself should be reworked to be more fun, and there should be some sort of minor story involving whichever pokemon you end up catching

It could just be a 100% catch rate instead of a safari ball. They'll let you know you can look around for the one you want. I don't know about the variety, when I first thought of this, it was during red and blue, I'm not sure what a modern safari zone would even look like. It would have to be pretty varied though, without having too many. The side Story thing would be pretty neat. I'd like more interactivity with our pokemon in general, it gets tough sometimes to not think of them as anything other than lumps of code.

The main problem with the Rotom forms is the same problem with other special-evolution Pokemon who have to be traded with a specific item, or evolved at a special time of day, or in a specific season, etc. It's that when you make a new game, you have to somehow include a way for these Pokemon to also be catchable and evolvable. There are so many dozens of Pokemon with stupid specific evolution requirements that they have to somehow make work with new games that don't have the same features. I don't even know how you get the legendary or mythical pokemon when they do a generation bump that doesn't allow trading with previous games. Probably just shit-loads of events.
It also fucks over the "gotta catch them all" thing. Back in the day, catching 150 Pokemon was doable. I was a little kid and I managed it. Gold, Silver, and Crystal only added 100 more, so it was tough, but still doable. Can you imagine a 6 or 7-year-old getting a Pokemon game and managing to catch 800 fucking monsters?

Maybe if new games didn't include old Pokemon, they'd be able to focus more on making the actual game itself good, and the new Pokemon more interesting. If other games tried to include 90% of every previous game into their extra content, the core game would probably suffer to some degree. Say what you will about Final Fantasy (I honestly haven't played one in a decade or so), but at least the games try to usually mix some stuff up. Imagine if they tried to include every single enemy from every single game that came beforehand every single time. The core game would suffer a bit at least.

Forgot to mention, I know Rotom's special forms aren't evolutions, just saying that it's the same problem. Every game afterward that includes Rotom has to figure out a way to make the forms work. It's a ton of extra work, which is fine when the games are good (like in Gold, Silver, and Crystal), but as the quality has been somewhat pitiful, it seems like it would do better to have a smaller, focused effort on a mainline Pokemon game again.