LOL

archive.is/x0Za9
gematsu.com/2017/12/psychonauts-2-delayed-past-2018

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I honest to god even forgot this was being developed

I had no idea.

How long before second and third crowdfunding?

First game was utter trash, so not expecting anything good to come out of this either.

This

The kickstarter started almost 2 years ago. DF has lost so much relevancy that you can't blame yourselves for forgetting the game was being made.

The first game was pretty good, faggot.

And the gayming community still eat his shit

Wait a minute, that con

He's always been horrible with money.

Holy shit, if I was an investor I would hit the panic button immediately. This sounds exactly like they had no idea what the flying fuck they were doing to this point, Schafer probably insisted that they go along with some idiotic design and once they finally got to a playable build everyone realized it was shit. Not that I would invest in Schafer, the butterball fuck has had millions of dollars shoveled into his gullet and the only half-decent complete thing he has to show for it is still Brutal Legend, which is still a chaotic mishmash of game design ideas but is saved by actual metalheads being in the game and being allowed to express their personality.

Anyone who "invested" with MrShitface's platform Fig is fucked. What he is doing with the platform is basically legal money laundering and even if everything goes belly up and a lawsuit happens, all the money is already gone.
Fig is set up to collapse at any time MrShitface wants, fucking every investor over and getting out of any obligation of creating any games funded by the platform.

There's a reason why Notch noped the fuck out when Schafer said Psychonauts 2 would take something like $18 million to make. Schafer is an idiot who has no idea how to manage money.

There's about a 0% chance the game will be better, more fun and more coherent than the original Psychonauts. Maybe it will be bigger, but I wouldn't even bet on that.

If recent games are any indication, it will be open world garbage with no level design since noone knows how to level design anymore. Yooka-Laylee being the perfect example.
It will have 3 levels and the devs will make excuses about how hard it is to make levels now because graphics. They won't even be interesting levels and will follow the Skyrim dungeon philosophy.

I can't even get angry or smug about this, it's just par for the course with Double Fine.

Double Fine means you pay twice!

This statement doesn't even begin to make sense. You can't and have no reason to launder clean money.

That's exactly how I picture it.
A small handful of worlds, big but empty, the stuff you do in each of them isn't very fun or interesting, collectibles are spread out in the shittiest way possible. Basically Yooka-Laylee but Psychonauts themed.
And now that Mario Odyssey did the big worlds thing but actually did it right I expect some people will try to copy it and fuck up in the process with the superficial mentality "people liked odyssey, that must mean they like big worlds".

Money can be dirty without being illegal, unless you take "dirty" to be a synonym for illegal instead of morally questionable.

Have Doublefine released a single complete game since Psychonauts? Whatever happened to that Fire Emblem knockoff with gay marriage?

Not big surprise.

I can already see them running out of money and releseing the game in parts

Psychonauts 1 was almost universally considered a good game back on 4/v/ circa 2007.

No it can't. The only reason you would launder money is because it's illegally obtained.

Try this instead
hooktube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I

Bobby Kotick is a jewish scumbag, but he was right about Mr. Shitface.

What if you were a disgusting rich fat fuck who can't deliver on his outrageous promises, but needed to pretend to be an auteur to secure your source of income? Eventually people are going to catch on that you're full of shit. Creating a fake investment platform takes the heat off of you for a while, at least until some nosey entitled gamer makes an expose. It's the exact same principle as normal money laundering.

Right well first off this isn't technically the legal definition of money laundering unless those donations to his early access scams are his patsies. Second if he is using the money for anything else then he is committing fraud pure and simple.

I guess "legal money laundering" isn't technically correct if you're being autistic.

Should watch the video, MrShitface structured Fig to be the company that holds all the financial responsibility while funneling all the money to other companies.
Lets say the Psychonauts 2 comes out, the game has to make 15 million dollars in profit before anyone would even see a ROI and the way this shit is structured, there is no guarantee of ever reviving an ROI even if they make 15 million.
Plus once the money is funneled out of Fig Publishing, they can literally do whatever they want with that money.

All the terms of investment are stacked against anyone buying in, at anytime MrShitface can just let Fig Publishing go bankrupt and he would legally be off the hook for everything while being able to keep all the shekels.
So yeah, I would figuratively call it "legal money laundering."

That's not money laundering that is embezzlement.

Well fine its embezzlement, still was rubberstamped by federal regulators.

That's Hollywood Accounting, not Money Laundering

Slow down, my nose is too straight to follow all of this shady financial mumbo jumbo.

To put it shortly, embezzlement is stealing and laundering is either concealing or falsifying.

Is that why Mr. Shitface loves hollywood celebrities so much?

good old mr shitface

Surprising no one. The first Psychonauts was also known for taking far longer than initially anticipated to make.

This would be considered a positive, but given the game's funding nature things could turn ugly.

On a semi related note, Mr. Shitface is also an anagram of Farce Smith. A truly prophetic name.

Money laundering is when you transform profits obtained from criminal enterprise into seemingly legitimate assets. user claims what Shitface is doing is 'legal' money laundering. There is no such thing
Embezzlement is a type of theft where you steal money from your company
Hollywood accounting is a type of creative accounting where you inflate or exaggerate expenditures to make it appear on paper as if a commercial enterprise made less money than it actually did, or no money at all, in order to avoid paying creditors or anybody else with whom you have a profit sharing agreement. This is what Shitface is doing. He is, presumably, trying to avoid paying investors in the event of profit by claiming that there is no net profit because he had to pay off all these other shell companies.

It's not autism, you're just wrong. You can't transform legitimate assets into legitimate assets, they're already legitimate.

We already have a LOL thread, reported

It wouldn't have been over budget if Mr. Stupid Fuckhead didn't waste most of the money on hiring celebrity voice actors that nobody asked for to voice a character that appears for all of two minutes.

They were giving Psychonauts away for free recently and I didn't even bother getting it because of Mr. Shitface. I hope this sequel bombs so hard he is finally shamed out of the games industry.

He's already pretty much out of the games industry and only still gets work because of gullible hipsters with more residual tech boom money than sense.

Why did that game get so much money to begin with?

There was a massive boom of fake nerd faggots in late 2011, second only to the 2007 casual supernova, that you could either blame on Syrim or Minecraft if not both. The kickstarter craze was just a few months later.

brainwash radio Frankestein mind control waves

More like Psychonaut going to be released.

To be fair.
Communism did worm it's way when it's nationalist marxist sibling fucking died, and it did go to radio/television

The joke in that webm is just that it's incoherent rambling, don't try to read anything more into it or you'll go just as insane.

It's not totally incoherent though, operating on scattered mind tier broken down logic? Absolutely.
It's more like a fuzzy picture of a far away channel on a TV than static

Francis E. Dec was a literal schizophrenic. I'm sure it made perfect sense to him. To a sane person, the only thing that's really there to notice is that he keeps repeating the same phrases.

I only know that Holla Forums uses this video to describe how Holla Forums thinks.

Do you know what Schizophrenia even means?

A. Characteristic symptoms: Two (or more) of the following, each present for a significant portion of time during a 1-month period (or less if successfully treated):
(1) delusions
(2) hallucinations
(3) disorganized speech (e.g., frequent derailment or incoherence)
(4) grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
(5) negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition
Note: Only one Criterion A symptom is required if delusions are bizarre or hallucinations consist of a voice keeping up a running commentary on the person's behavior or thoughts, or two or more voices conversing with each other.

Mr Shitface up to his usual tricks.

The video is a slideshow set to a dramatic reading of the letters sent to many local and federal politicians and financial bigwigs by a man named Francis E. Dec Esq., who had paranoid schizophrenia. As you can tell, it was perhaps at least an order of magnitude worse than Terry A. Davis' case, at least where communication is concerned.

This. Don't care that much, but still.

Holla Forums is contarian as fuck. IV used to be considered utter shit, not suit to lick San Andreas' balls. And now IV is considered a masterpiece, and V is shit. Same shit with Oblivion and Skyrim.

Name a single person who thinks Oblivion was good, oh wait you can',t because you're making shit up.