Black Desert Online

Just bought this and installed, whats the best way to make the UI less annoying? I get so distracted by all the shitty blue lines everywhere….

Why do all MMOs have this cluttered garbage UI problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9JyV6Nx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My biggest gripe with this game is they advertise it with crisp nice graphics, but no matter what you do there's some kind of shitty built in grain effect that makes everything look pixelated, and you can't see more than 200 feet.

Uninstalling works.

There's no fix for the UI because it was made for autistic Koreans who are born to stare at spreadsheets for 70 years and then die.

Why the fuck is it set in some fantasy version of europe?

Shit grindfest.

So nothing has changed? Also very gear focused from what I recall.

you wasted your money OP

I'm so sorry OP.
Return it if it isn't too late.

A month ago or two there was a faggot shitting up the catalog with BDO threads and defending it. Hopped IDs whenever he got too assblasted.
You most likely fell for his shilling. Well, I'm afraid that the game is utter trash. $10 wasted.
POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY CUCK DESERT ONLINE

its the exact same as Tera, Revelation, and FFXIV, literally the exact same fucking game

why bother OP? is the customizable waifu thing so important to you?

I actually feel sadness because of this game. I was promised a sandbox paradise with camping and Player 2 Player trade, and they turned it into an online singleplayer grindfest.

Still, I'm tempted about buying it.

there's no place in this economy for such a thing, you know its the truth.

the "wild west" era of MMOs is over. now its the era of mass production, industrialization and standardization, making MMOs has become a well-documented, formulaic process that leaves no room for risk or originality. corporations just want to make the most profit with the least possible risk.

you can try private servers of old MMOs like FFXI, ragnarok, and wow but they won't be the same because the community isn't there anymore.

Go to game options, enable simplified UI. Scroll down from there and check all the boxes under "Turn off systen notifications". You can also turn off character names and pets from there if you want.
Then you can go to "Edit UI" from your escape menu and disable any of the UI elements you don't want to see, and move the ones that you do.

Stop playing online videogames when your internet is shit.

discord.gg/9JyV6Nx

Here is the discord for the Holla Forums BDO Guild

only adhd kids will hate this

What do I look like? a furry?

im a furry and i wouldn't touch that shit with a 20 foot dragon dildo

Someone post the kama furries. I know you fucks have them saved

I have no picture to express my sadness.

but user, bdo is probably the least similar to the current mmos on the market.

That's because it's barely an MMO at all.

i'll admit i only gave it a 10 minute run to see what it was like. But what i got in those ten minutes was exactly the same i got in every other MMO. a line to follow to my next objective and hotkey bar-mashing combat.

at least these nigger devs have the common courtesy of putting a free trial mode so that if you aren't completely braindead you can stop yourself from wasting your money (and contributing to the overall cancer) by uninstalling and carrying on with your life.

i have no idea what you're referencing, sorry user.

Oh no, user. The combat uses very little of the hotkeys. Instead you have to use combination of WASD and LMB RMB like some shitty fighting game. What it really results in is the inability to rebind keys to your liking.

that's fucking worse. thank god i didn't bother any further.

i just want FFXI to have vanilla servers dammit.

the controls are pretty good compared to keybind based garbage that you're probably accustomed to.

BDO is fapbait.
That's it.
You can all go home now.

Why would he have to play it online even. There's no player trading aside from a dev-price set auction house. There's no player interaction period until you unlock PvP, and even then it's a massive gearcheck more than any actual skill involved.

It's just a shitty singleplayer game that pretended to be an MMO for a month

please stop enabling this shit

Yes, having an input heavy game where you have to press buttons in somewhat precise order or worse, two a the same time is definitely the better scheme for a game that still has cooldowns.

I got it at the $8 mark in the summer. It was good for about two weeks of playing, but boy was it disappointing in the end.

Is she made of wet clay?

The game goes like this
Then you get past level 50 and you'll go through one of two paths. One being you realise you want to fucking end your life because HAHAH spending an entire day to upgrade your gear and end up having it downgrade to fucking level 16 is fun HAHAH FUCK YOU.
This game gave me anger issues and mild brain trauma dont bother past level 50 if you like your sanity

Now imagine the same thing but for accessories BOTH items are completely destroyed on failure.

Oh no. You fell for it, too.
Get out.

Exactly the reason I stopped playing, it's annoying because the combat system is really fun but a combat system without a story is just boring.

It's not even the fact that it doesn't have story that makes the game a bore, its the fact that despite having a cool combat system with some degree of customization and potential to be really fun, they made the enemies brainless hordes just like a bad Musuo game, and they only present a threat because of stats and level difference. In a game about grinding if the combat isn't fun, then it is shit, plain and simple. There is no reason to party for PVE, and if I remember right, you actually gain LESS Exp if you went in a party. No trade between characters, all the fucking armors looking almost the same unless you pay with real cash for a costume, which also have extra stats so there is you P2W, despite the game not being F2P as in Korea, horrible optimization, Servers that seem to have a stroke every day of the week, horrible upgrading system that punish you for even using it and a fucking horrible translation to boot.

PVP isn't better. You don't have the right gear, you aren't going to win shit. And the game seems to be geared towards PVP, so it just make it worse when you have a combat system that looks to be based on skills, with blocks, parries, dodges, grabs and all kind of cool shit, but you can't use shit because you either kill the other player fast as fuck, or the other player can't ignore all your attacks and kills you with a look. Evenly geared encounters are, for the most part, rare.

Hell, the game has mechanics that allow your character to grind or farm without you playing (automatic fishing, horse riding, movement). The map at the beginning of the game was pretty but bland as fuck, everything was basically forest and greenery, although with the introduction of Valencia this improved.
The worst things is that, although I cannot confirm because I couldn't get in the beta, is that the original KR betas the game was absolutely great, with combat geared towards fighting few but dangerous enemies that require full parties and potions being expensive and hard to get, so you had to rely on skills to avoid damage, but they decided to change it for your generic korean MMO trash. I don't know if it is true, but to me it sounds pretty likely considering it is not the first time things like this happens.

The grindfest part isn't what bothers me, I actually prefer grindfests to an annoying shit ton of quests, its the UI and the design which is a clusterfuck of aids, like most mmos now. Also the fact that theres so many asian characters but no asian region. Fucking westaboo devs at it again.

I like it. Siege wars are fun.

Siege wars? Fights in siege? What universe are you from? It sounds better than mine.

BDO is a pvp game with a pretty decent combat system, better than any other mmo out right now.
The downside is that gear plays a pretty big role and getting that gear means some grind.

It revolves around setting up big burst combos on people and not getting hit instead of just mashing your dps against somebody else's so discrepancies in gear can be overcome by just being good at the game.

Over the last few months they made pretty big strides in making getting to a viable level of gear much easier with a few sets of really good welfare gear and lowering xp requirements by pretty significant amounts.
You can jump into the game on a fresh account and get geared enough to fight in t1 node wars with a week or so of casual play.

If you go into it expecting any kind of meaningful pve content, you are going to be disappointed.
Lifeskilling is a good autism sink though, and one of the best ways to make money in the game.

I meant to say Node Wars.

But it doesn't have a P2P trade system. That makes it a non mmo.

You're exactly right it's pretty sad too mostly annoying because the game has the base for a really good and long lasting game but it's a fucking piece of shit when it comes to actual gameplay and upgrading shit is just fucking mind numbingly tedious.

Direct player trading doesn't make an mmo, I'm pretty sure the massively multiplayer part of that acronym does.

Besides, it does have one, albeit very limited.

You can't even trade certain potions anymore.

They don't even let you make a market stall and place stuff to sell like some old korean mmo games.

Its a pain yeah, its the way it is to stop people from real money trading in game shit.
As overbearing as the restrictions can be, the game would be completely fucked from people buying gear.
You can still trade elixirs for pearl gifts though

Let's not fool ourselves. It was made like this just so the player grind more or spend real money in shit. You want some super equipment? buy this. You want silver? buy that.

I've even heard you can't even have a guild bank for everyone to trade freely.

I just want a RIFT vanilla server.
Literally an MMO sent from the gods.

Its not guild wars 2, you cant just throw money at the game and get best in slot gear.
What you can do to convert pearls to in game silver is hilariously inefficient and actually hard capped.
You can spend $150 to sell shit on the marketplace and get what most lifeskillers who know what they are doing passively each day.
Then still get nothing after realising gear plateaus out and getting extra gearscore goes from a couple of million per to billions.

Also the guild bank thing is correct, its pretty much for guild items only.
Individual wealth is largely that, money isn't hard at all to come buy and getting the silver to have relevant gear is fucking easy, even easier if you are in a guild that actually does payouts.

This game is unbelievably shit, I fell for some faggots shilling on here and never again. I've been burned twice recently by this board, first this shit game then fucking maplestory. Not even sure which one is worse.

Stop playing mmo's and stop reading mmo's threads

You really should have seen it coming.

BDO is not only the best mMO I've ever played, it's the best GAME I have ever played
The combat is fun and engaging, theres lots of fun things to do in the game, you'll never get bored, anyone who is thinking of getting this game definitely should, its really awesome!

I only managed to play for 7 minutes before quitting.

It's one of those games where it's "only good if you have friends to play it with."
So yeah, make of that what you will.

Holla Forums guild when?

Fuck Black Desert.

It's not even good if you have friends to play it with. Every guild I've been in has been a dick measuring contest where players compete against each other instead of help each other. Grinding with friends is punished by reduced XP and loot, and mobs don't spawn enough to make grinding in groups efficient. So no, you can't have fun with friends.

clearly you need better friends

Fuck you.

HE
HAS
NO
FRIENDS

i don't know who the fuck this skinnerbox retarded fuckfest is made for but if it can't even let me jew the jews or watch horses fuck without investing thousands of fucking hours i don't want it

And you didn't reach the point of pet breeding.

Yeah, you can expend real money to bet it in breeding another pet.

there is a Holla Forums guild, it was already advertised in this thread. the people in it are worse than goons.

by killing yourself

Hey, one of the guys worse than goons here.

Anybody who uses the term "gear check" is a shitter who got outplayed.

I am laffin so hard right now.

is alright, even if the gm likes to orbit the only girl in the guild. He's actually a cool guy and I want him to fuck my ass :3c, I'm a girl btw BDO has the potential to be the best mmo out there, if the developers would simply step back and give the players any modicum of agency. There is a gear check in the accuracy/evasion department and the attack power vs defense power department. If your accuracy and attack power is lower than their evasion or defense then good luck doing anything. At the end of the day this game is a severe test of patience and if you feel you can endure it, just do it. I gave up on it though.

just a reminder that ITC is literally a reddit guild, at launch they got most of their members by falsely advertising as 4chan/Holla Forums guild with relaxed attitude, after people realised they were SJWs from reddit majority of players left and they have been shilling their guild here every few months hoping to catch some clueless guy.