Steam Awards Nominees

Remember voting for shit last sale? Well, the nominees are now in. In archive here:

archive.is/eQYhy

this is even more meaningless than the VGAs

WHERE IS IT?
Also this list was fucking shit as is this OP.
Also goddamn there are way too many valve games on this shitty list

Trash list made by libtards

I was also wondering this. What the fuck happened to the custom award? Are they saving it as a le ebin surprise at the last day or something? Or maybe something offensive actually won, and they pulled it in a panic.

Soul of Vetruvius, here we come.

Nice

That thing almost crashed my computer trying to put together.

Shit like this existing is nice. Its glad that 8/v/ still has hope for a few developers and people even after all the shit we've been through.
though goddamn it also reminds me of the time we did something similar for Nintendo and not long afterwards they went hyper turbo-jew

We kinda had that going with Yandere Dev at the start, until his meltdown. That game is a goddamn dumpster fire and should be put out of its misery.

I found out what happened to the custom award, it's actually "Best Soundtrack" I knew I didn't remember choosing a game for best soundtrack, that explains it.

I'm kinda surprised.

Did that thing ever get sent?

LISA's dingaling did an AMA here before having a self hating meltdown when Trump won, too. At least we still have Vavra.

issshgtygh

This world needs to be reset.

The only thing I voted for that was nominated is Bayonetta (But, it's not for the category I selected).

YOU HAVE TO BE SHITTING ME THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED. MOMS SPAGHETTI AWARD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

NORMALCATTLE NEEDS TO DIE NOW

At least there's one pick that's not shit.

What? I thought they already did this.

Heh, wish I still had my tear the hostages image.

He's shaving his beard and calling himself a tranny within the first three months of 2018, calling it now. Someone screencap this.

That was for nominating, not voting. The nominees just got announced and voting begins in a few hours, 1 category a day.

Quite, quite tired of this at this point.

Exceptionally tired. From the talk of the new animals here. Sure is a lot of faggotry here recently. How you think you get back to the beginning.

Main bunch of you are on an elevator you don't know where it goes.

Shoulda been around a bit longer than the exodus here. This ain't home, this ain't my home. I damn well will eat your soul as you pretend, and pretend as your kin outside of here. You don't know what the hell you stepped into, even if you did back then.

Ask the mods. They don't want me to ruin a thread.

Some of the categories aren't bad, but Jesus
Don't know if Life Was Strange was picked because of memes or people genuinely thinks it does for that game l, same with walking dead
PlayerUknowns? Are you fucking joking
Everything is wrong with this
Huniepop was so average though
Holy good one is Broforce
We Wuz Kangz n' Nazis n' Shiet

Honestly this could of been worse like last year but damn

Most of you are going to be left behind. Shame, thought some of you were nautical or did enough in college to get right.

No, we're Hessians. Also, NSDAP. You're riding tomorrow today with us.

Did you know lifting weights cures cancer?

It's like a less popular Undertale in that regard. A few people poke fun at it, like E;R and Bropill, anons here make fun of it but the general consensus is positive. One of Matpat's friends said it was "lifechanging" and that it was his favorite game ever.

Weebs are never going to be men brought up by japanese gardeners. It's specifically West coast.

I tricked my father into training for heart health. Nobody is strange here. I see you all day, even femanons at the DMV. Probably cuckchan twats. I can sit there in peace for two hours while whoever that was who couldn't keep their eyes off at the fucking DMV.

Some bitch with a kid, and some other female that is trying to eye me down and thinks it knows what I am.

I know one single female on the planet on my level. She had her run. And, I'm her gun.

I want to die :D

I bet my dick votes for old games are automatically discarded jn favour of new games because of marketing deals.
If you think you have a choice in this you're only right if voting for shit that came out in the last 5 years.

The furfag movie critic YMS also didn't like Life is Strange or it's Sequel.

Oh, don't worry. Any Taro or Automata thread is quickly sagebombed by that faggot from AGDG and their incessant whining about how some fucking nobody from Japan supposedly stole their precious waifu and made a game using her design.

Tetradev? He's barely alive, user, certainly doesn't come around here anymore. Pretty sure it's just anons cracking jokes.

Don't remind me. It fills me with despair that he turned into something so monstrous. Although, I don't know if I hate him more than I pity him. He lost his dad, who he immensely respected in his real life and based Brad off of, and soon after all the goddamn SJW vultures swooped in to comfort him and probably slipped him some sort of estrogen injection in the process.

He used to be a fun guy.

context please?

user was making Nier Automata, but Nier Automata was made before he could make Nier Automata.

user was making stabby game with a character who wore a black dress and had white hair

Taro was also making a stabby game with a character who wore a black dress and had white hair

Terta did not like this
Tetra dev had an autistic sperg out in the /agdg/ thread and left

Tetradev's a guy from /agdg/, the guy working on Tetrachrome. The protagonist of that looked a bit like 2B. He sperged, accusing Yoko Taro of stealing the design when he was visiting Holla Forums here. There were also rumors of Slavic mafia wanting to kiss his family or some shit, but really, I think he just lives with his mom and she can't pay rent. A lot of /agdg/ mates miss him cause he was an okay guy and his game was pretty fun, but I doubt he'll come back.

His tumblr is down too, I don't think he's coming back.

Choices don't matter in any of these games, they're either done as part of the story or all end up at the same result. Hell, Divinity doesn't have that many choices either but in terms of combat is has an edge in freedom over the rest.

The rest of these awards are shit.

You'd be hard pressed to find a game where choices ever matter
Hell even game series where choices were supposed to matter (hi Mass Effect!) turned out that choices did not matter at all.

How about Mount and Blade, where playing the political game is all about choices?

Why call it the choices matter award if choices don't matter?

because the cattle think their choices matter and that brings in da shekels

Good.

epic bread meme xDDDD, but what the fuck is tranny lara and donte on HRT doing on that list?

Witcher 3 does kind of fit. You do have choices and consequences story wise, it's nothing big (especially compared to previous iterations) but it does sort of exist.

In the rest nope, nothing you do matter you're on rails save a slight deviation in the ending.

Sonic actually got nominated for something. Nice.

Ya can't be this dumb.

Has this become the new Katawa Shoujo? As in the only visual novel people will play/read?

There is Gothic 2.

It's not the next Katawa Shoujo until there's been over 5000 threads in a row on 4/vg/ about it. But yes.

"choice matters" award.

Already shittier than the VGAs. Didn't think it was possible. At least Hollow Knight was nominated for one because it got shafted by every other award show this year.

It was obvious by the 50th thread that it wasn't about KS anymore but a small group of lonely people blogging while using KS as an excuse to keep things interesting. I wonder if they ever bothered to read any VN past that.

The average person hasn't seen a game where choices actually mattered so they think this is the standard. Worse are JRPGs that give you "Yes", "Yes with angst", and "…". All choices amounting to nothing. Not even a funny conversation like in Dangan Ronpa how picking the stupid answers leads the whole conversation into something silly just for someone to get pissed off and get back on topic.

Is this the community voted one?
How the fuck do Cuphead, Hollow Knight and Sonic Mania end up in the same category as fucking CoD and Origins?

What the fuck

The community voted one is the 'best soundtrack'

the awards are rigged anyways

Why sould anyone care about what normalfags vote?

It's not particularly good or unique so probably not.

normalfags
disdain for normalfags, they voted fucking Skyrim as 'Test of Time' last years

Remember these are normalfags. They play games for entertainment once a week for 2h.
They are also retarded and want award to be won by their game no matter the quality.

So they expected Cuphead to be bad?

cuphead and hollow knight were voted in, and CoD and ASS^2 were (((voted in))) using federal reserve funbux.

No, the award is "even better than expected"
It's where you went in a game expecting okay and came out with great, cuphead still doesn't apply but at least it makes a bit more sense

No, it's become the new (actual spoilers ahead) Frog Fractions

It was nominated for one of the other sections.

was about to mention this…
neither of the games have any choice that matters at all, with exception to the witcher, which is the one actually good too

Am I supposed to know what that is?

this one does have choice that matters, it does affect life of npcs around, that may or may not appear in the future
I think it may even affect bosses at the end of the line, like you could skip a boss entirely in a side quest

this right here, these are the people treating doki shit club like it's something worth
fucking newfags

The game still has tens of thousands playing concurrently and it's almost 7 years old and singleplayer.
How many other games can claim that?

Yes but not to the extent that choice matters in actual games like GSGs.

The reason it's popular is because it's in a shitty genre that no one touches unless they know they will like it. It's like RTSes get good reviews now, everyone who doesn't like RTS games knows to just avoid them.

Because of pic related

Any footage? I really hope it's not the game I think it is. Was it the one that looked like devil may cry?

Mountain Blade is THE normalfag game.
If you play it, consider suicide.

It was made by a three- or four-person team who had no notoriety, it's a miracle that it's receiving the very widespread attention it already has.