What games are there like subspace emissary?

What games are there like subspace emissary?

Platformers where you unlock characters are you play through them?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QsjCI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Game forcibly switching your character from the one you like to the one you don't like is shit game design.
This is why I don't like modern musou games.
I guess try them, but they are not platformers.

But the subspace emissary sucked though. The only decent things about it were the cutscenes and boss battles. Everything else was a shitty Kirby game in disguise. Absolute filler. Not surprising considering Masahiro Sakurai is also the creator of Kirby, but it only makes Brawl's floaty gameplay even more worse and noticeable.

Didn't Sakurai he didn't make a Subspace 2 because he was butthurt that people posted cutscenes on Youtube?

archive.is/QsjCI
Yes.

Pretty much because he thought that it "Ruined the surprises"

wew lad

This is the guy who insisted on making the awful, arthritic control scheme of Kid Icarus Uprising the only way to play the game…purely because he wanted the controls to be "different" from any other game.

I think it's less about spoilers and more about putting a shit load of effort into it just to have people tear it apart for youtube views.

I think SE ate way too much of Brawl's development to be worth it but damn that's a dumb reason to get rid of it.

People will tear anything apart for youtube views, there's no reason to get butthurt about it.

SSE should have been more like Melee's Adventure mode and less like an autistic fanfic

This thread is probably going to be about subspace emissary and not actually answering the question so I'll make an effort.
>Abyss odyssey is probably the closest since's ithe gameplay is I can't believe it's not subspace emissary. Four different characters, but you can also morph into enemies.

This. A lot of the enemy and boss slots were wasted on unnecessary donut steels and to add to this Master Hand/Crazy Hand were officially made Kirby characters quite some time ago.

Not to mention "all the characters are Trophys" thing kind of automatically tends to make you not give a shit about any potential crossover fanfic crack story because the theme is already establishing that this is a Toy Story version of the characters, which makes me unable to get hyped by most of what's going on with that fact in mind.
Call it a consequence of abusing alternate reality shit too much when convenient, it's the gaming version of Hollywood reboots.

If they give it another shot I'd hope they take more notes from games like Namco X Capcom for how to do crossover plots and make your audience give a shit, but Nintendo doesn't do serious plots so a moot point, they'll probably stick with the trophy crap and the "story" will continue to be "RANDOM BOSS SHOWS UP, FIGHT" "OH LOOK ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER THE FINAL BOSS SHOWED UP, BEAT THEM UP OR ELSE THEY'LL BE EVIL TO THIS BIG EMPTY AREA AND THESE LIVING TROPHIES OF CHARACTERS YOU LIKE."

Nintendo is a company that left the real crossover stuff of Mario and Sonic to the fanbase for 20+ years and thought the best way to appease that rather large demographic was through some annual lesser Mario Party minigame Olympics shit. They then later opted to do a real crossover with Rabbids because it was a good way for them to show how creatively bankrupt they are by doing exactly what they did in Brawl with shoving original characters in more than half the enemy forces because of Rabbids not actually HAVING their own characters, so fat chance on that.
They could hire a random fanfic writer and come up with something more interesting, it's not like they have to adhere to most of the canon anyways as they're just fucking trophies and they never gave a shit about canon when it came to characters movesets and having unnecessary recolors of characters running around.

If it was an autistic fanfic it would've had a higher chance of being more interesting, Nintendo's just doing it's own thing as usual which is probably why reactions are so mixed as story will NEVER be Nintendos strongsuit. That said if anyone is playing Nintendo games for story you're looking at the wrong company.

None of this matters to me personally anyways as I've tossed consoles to the curb and I still haven't bothered with the last version of the game because it didn't look like I was missing much.

Yea it tried to be it's own thing rather than 100% nostalgia pandering in a game that is already nothing but nostalgia pandering.

Who even wants to see some fun interactions between their favourite characters? Unless it's 100% canon and I can argue about it on Tumblr then I'm not interested!

Sakurai is legitimately retarded

You would really enjoy the GBA Astro Boy game.

I agree
but at the same time, SE ate too much development time. imagine how much more content we woul've gotten roster or stage wise if they didn't bother with SE
i did enjoy SE and its stickers though.

Why was that faggot Sakurai always complaining about how hard t was to make Smash Bros

I see like 5 indie shit companies a day pumping out their own version of smash bros all the time, why is this nip so whiney?

You wouldn't have got any more. They simply would have cut the dev time down instead.

Doesn't want it to stagnate, but a smash game is released every 5 years.

my only beef was wasting boss slots on donut steels instead of nintendo villains.
Im ok with autistic fanfic if they had put effort to make it more interesting