The World Ends With You - TWEWY

Anyone want to talk about the best ever DS game?
What are you pin load-outs for battle?
Favorite partner to use?
How about Tinpin Slammer load-outs?
Favorite songs?

Isn't that Ghost Tricks? :^)
Shit, too much time without playing, but I liked shockwave pins. Why in the name of fuck the only 2 kind of shockwave pins were made by Jupiter and the Monkey and Mus Rattus?
Favorite partner to use?
Shiki because I like cure girls
How about Tinpin Slammer load-outs?
Really don't remember a lot of playing tinpin.
Favorite songs?
Shit, I like almost all of them, but Someday have to be my favorite.

nani?

One day…

Ho fuck… You know, I think there was an open source Tin Pin Simulator somewhere with online multiplayer support. let me look around.

I really love the music, but never had a DS unfortunately. Though I've had a list of DS games that I've been interested in and I've been eyeing a cheap DS for $50 so I might be getting it soon and this is definitely on top of the list.

You need to if you want to play TWEWY, I doubt it would play well on a PC emulator, but I might be wrong

only problem with emulating twewy is shit fucking sound emulation

I tried emulation after playing it on DS, and I fucking hate controlling Neku with the mouse. Playing action games like that with the mouse is bad already, but playing a game with the mouse when it isn't intended to play that way is just garbage.

DOUBLE
LIGHTNING
ROOK

I'm not weeb enough to enjoy games like this.

you use a drawing tablet instead of the mouse

That's why I've wanted the DS since I've heard about the problems with emulating it. Would it be worth it to wait a little bit longer and get a DSi/XL instead?This thread reminded me that I have gotten lazy and don't have a similar list for the 3DS yet, but since it is still fairly new I guess I still have plenty of time for that system yet.

I feel like this game is weebshit, but just light enough in it's weebery that anyone can enjoy it

good question, I should do a play comparison on systems with a larger screen vs a smaller one

This game utilizes the touch screen more than almost any other

Just get a DS lite for cheap. There's no benefit from having a DSi to play TWEWY, there's no benefit for having a DSi in the first place, and the XL makes everything stretch, I hate the damn thing.

There's no such thing as light weebery.

That's kind of like being a little boy and playing House with the girls but it's not girly because you play the dad.

Best investment I ever made was a used 3ds, and $80 for an overseas 3DS Flash Cart. You can also pay $30 for the standard NDS versions, or NDS ones that are 3DS compatible.

but that's exactly how it works.

You could have just used a regular flashcart. Also, the 3DS stretches the screen of the game. If you press start before loading the game, you can play with the original size, but, well, it's smaller than the 3DS screen.

Yes, but .3ds playability tops any other troubles.

When my cousin played house with me she molested me because that's what dads do apparently.

Sounds familiar.

Lol

This is KH-level cringy weebshit.

There are four tiers for weebery.
1. Non-weeb. What's-A-Mango?-tier
2. Fucking Casual. I-watch-Netflix-Anime-Tier
3. Weeb. If you're reading this and have opinions on anime, you're a weeb. Even if you hate anime, it's too late, the Chans have touched you and they've left their indelible mark on you.
4. /a/utist. You may someday achieve Nipponese Wizard status, Ascended to the point that you may only converse with your own kind. Your knowledge of Moon Runes may one day be advanced enough that you can begin your trek to 2chan, where your true journey will begin.

Still hilarious how Square thought a fucking mobile port warranted a countdown teaser site.

The DS has a nice library, and if you don't care for complete copies, most games are cheap (though there's a handful that are still pricy cart only, like Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow anywhere that's not Gamestop, and with complete copies of games it's a crapshoot since some years back Gamestop trashed the bulk of their DS cases, covers, and manuals), and the system itself is region free. Of course, you could always just look into a flash cart, though I'm not sure how available particular ones are anymore, at least in regards to ones not for the 3DS (being that the 3DS was backwards compatible with DS games). I'm actually needing a new flash cart for my DS Lite since my old one I picked up cheap was kind of shit; been eyeing the Supercard DSTWO, but either they don't make them anymore or I don't know where to find them online at this point.

Regardless, weigh the pros and cons of models before you buy.

wewlad you have no idea

What playability?

Hot.

Fucking retard. Weebs are annoying fucks who have anime as their identity. Meaning they post nothing but anime pictures, probably have anime girl avatars, think 2D is superior to 3D, the whole fucking kitten caboodle. You can have watched every anime ever made and not be a weeb. You can have watched 0 fucking shows and be a weeb.

What faggotry is this? I'm somewhat of a buyfag because I like the physical nature of games and the booklets and posters that come with them.

DS has objectively the best, biggest and most varied library ever.
(rivaled maybe by the PS2, but I still feel like DS is much more varied)

Basically, they tossed whatever was "unnecessary" at the time. What little new copies were left of DS games at that time were spared (you can't exactly sell a cart only game as "new", but then again you can't exactly call a gutted store-bicycle copy "new" either, if you ask me), which was mostly shovelware/licensed shit, Pokemon Black 2/White 2/Conquest, and a few unsold remnant of older titles here and there (I managed a "new" Solatorobo at one for $15 at the time). Pretty much every used copy saw everything but the game itself trashed to make more shelf space, and more disgustingly, it wasn't just for new releases of games for actual systems, but also shelfspace for phone shit. And they had the gall to act like you should feel lucky they even had the cart only copies. I suspect the idea was that every other cartridge based system prior, few had cared if they kept the manauls and carts for (which ignores that those used flimsy cardstock while the DS has hard plastic cases). Of late, they've apparently made more of an effort to keep copies of DS games together where space permits rather than continue a blanket "into the trash it goes" policy, but apparently when they need more space, those cases, covers, and manuals are the first to go.

Anyhow, the point is, in an effort to make more space, they fucked the aftermarket for complete copies of a number of games. Gamestop having driven out so many individual used game stores over the years limiting local options for preowned games, they've thus caused much lower availability of complete copies, which admittedly affects various games more than others. Some have been lucky enough to see "launch-tier" reprints from their publishers, or third party online retailers (there's some canuck one that services NA), that come with everything the games should (shrink wrapped case, game, cover, manual; don't think first print bonuses are included though), but obviously not every game out there gets that treatment. Ones that were hard to find in general before have become that much harder to find complete, and more expensive too, thanks to Gamestop. It's one thing when a customer tosses the "extras"; it's another when the retailer does it themselves.

Also what says, though I think they generally wait until they stop stocking for something entirely before destroying the games themselves as well. I could be wrong though.

The DS didn't have a lot of great racing games.

I remember when they stopped having PS1/N64 games they where selling all the games for like .50 just to get rid of them. Interestingly enough ALL OF THE PS1 GAMES WHERE CASELESS, so it's heavily implied they toss'd and destroyed all the cases. And there where a fuckton of games there to. It makes sense why an average PS1 game can go up to $20 fucking dollars.

I should also add though that last I checked, TWEWY was not a DS game that was expensive or hard to find complete. Square seems to do their part in some cases to keep copies of their games, or at least the popular ones, accessible (though they also do seem prone to keep asking as close to full price as they can, at least on their own storefront). Meanwhile, it took years until VGP (or whatever they're called) to convince Square to let them handle and distribute a reprint of Front Mission DS for them.

I remember them having a lot of disc only PS2 games back during the very tail end of when they were stocking those, but I'm not sure if those were disc only copies prior that had just had the generic Gamestop cases dumped, or if Gamestop trashed complete copies to make them. I did remember them at least making an effort to move complete PS2 games out prior to them entering that state, but still.

So what if I just like Cowboy Bebop and DBZ, does that put me on the same level as faggots that like pedo moe shit?

Play TWEWY and find out

Such an underappreciated title, legit cried and laughed at the end.

It's deceptively weebshit. Like, it has all the cards to be Kingdom Hearts but for hipsters, yet it's just limited to the art style and the main character is a parody of all those uber cool and depressed JRPG heroes. Though the absolute best part of the game is the atmosphere, getting all the pins, fighting non conventional battles (there's an enemy that must be killed by putting the ds on standby and that's pretty awesome the first time you encounter it), also it has plenty of great ideas, like scaling down the difficulty if a boss fight is too hard (but severely cutting on your rewards for beating it), replayable days and story missions on NG+ in whatever order you please (necessary for the entry blogs), a shared health for both your player characters though their battle mechanics differ a lot and the minigame with the pins is really funny. My only complaint with the game is that the healing food items change their effectiveness depending on who gets them and there's not too much information on who needs what, also if you're not playing on an emulator this game is going to destroy your DS almost as much as Wario Ware Touched.

How does a mobile port even work? You need both a touch screen for the lower battle and face buttons for the upper one.

How do I even get good at this game?
I feel like some sets of pins are inherently inferior to other sets and switching to another is such a huge pain.

I remember it being all the rage in 2008-10.

Partner's apparently just build up a combo bar off-screen based on certain pins you use that trigger it, and pop in to attack every once in a while. when the bar is full you can press a button to Ult.

Step 1: Learn how to use SOS sets.
Step 2: Find an SOS set you like.

When in doubt, go with Jupiter of the Monkey. Neku-compatible clothes primarily provide stat-boosts relevant to JotM pins, which are primarily Close-combat strike abilities, your basic bread and butter for Neku.

SO ZETA SLOW

Wild Boar's Lazy Bomber. Just that one pin. It's a time bomb so it's hard to actually hit anything, and the massive knockback means you hit once, maybe twice out of the four ticks per bomb. But if you're fighting something immobile like, say, every boss in the game you're doing 9x138x4 base damage every 4 seconds, effectively oneshotting endgame things on max difficulty.

Follow the puck. The faster you pass it, the bigger its damage multiplier gets. If you can't do that, at least mash the d-pad so your partner isn't dead weight.there's also a six pin set that makes the puck holder invincible if you're a total pussy

Back when I didn't have a DSL, I had no issues with it, really. Used nocash + no$zoomer (otherwise you get a fun black screen on almost everything) and on wine, to boot.
The trick is that I played using a graphics tablet, so it was far more comfortable.
The only part that fucked me was the mic-only battle, because the mic wasn't working right for some reason. For that one, I had to drop difficulty and raise level to normal base, then I just let the partner take care of it.