Dominions Thread

Abysia Is A Nigger Edition
How go your PBEMs, folks? Has your god ascended yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MerryMurdergoround
illwinter.com/dom5/docs.html
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. What does fool's luck even do? I've looked everywhere and found nothing.
2. I heard that Golem are immune to horrormarks, either due to lifeless or inanimate. Is this true?

Fools luck let's you ignore a fatal blow like luck, but increases the crit chance of the next hit. Then if that fails it resets. Golems are immune to horror marks because they're mindless, horrors feed off feelings of suffering and pain and an unthinking unfeeling golem has no nutritional value

Thanks, this helps me a lot.

How do you like my Pretenders?

Abysia has been replaced so 8chmiddleage will probably go a lot more smoothly from now on.

Also there is another LA game starting up for those that are interested, this game is modded with the new worthy heroes and better arena for dom5.

I want to marry and start a family with 10
8 could use some cleaning up on the wings

No giant futa cock, so that bumps you down a few points. Otherwise they look good.

Is this 4 or 5?

Subbing for Abysia. Holy shit I don't know what the previous guy was doing, but it wasn't anything useful.

For both, but I think most of our running games are for dom5, at the moment.

Out of curiosity, what scales did he pick?

He made a very typical newbie mistake, but his scales aren't terrible. I won't spoil it though.

wait until the game is over you meta man

is there a way to piratefag this to play with fags on multiplayer or whatever, or is the key-based DRM too strong for the crackers yet?

You talk like a complete jackass but the answer is you can only play multiplayer if your pirated version matches the most up to date version and not enough people care enough to keep up with the updates, which are frequent.

(checked)
Last i tried, the piratefag version for doms5 and the latests updates to doms4 had a bug where you can't play with other people who are using the same pirated version because the supposed crack just copies the DRM key to validate your game and the game checks on multiplayer who did each turn with said key. Meaning that if two people with the same key do a turn, the server goes on an infinite loop and then crashes due to a key conflict.

Sorry about the earlier post, it's kinda hard to think when you're half-starving to death.

You can at least still play games with people who don't have pirated copies.

You could admin the games yourself, therefore always get use of the pirate key. I'm pretty sure that's how it would work.

It wouldn't because anyone still connecting to the game, or emailing a turn will have the same key as their identifier. When multiples of the same key are detected that way the game will hang the players turns and claim they're cheating

today i decided i should try to do some modding, here's the results.
the sprites have been gently lifted off from "The King of Dragons" is a good game, you should try it

Good spriteworks, you could flesh this out into a full King of Dragons mod. Don't think just orks could be made into a nation. Maybe indies? re indies even moddable?

So ? Which dominions ? 4 ? 5 ?

5 has a lot of quality of live improvements and combat system is reworked completly. its over all improvement all around

But is 37 euro a worthwhile price ? It seems too high to me.

Whatever you're willing to pay is a reasonable price.

Well I guess you scattered his troops, but man I have to ask how much did you just shell out for PD.

I suspect that Ermor is going to go medieval on my ass next turn. ABYSSIA, YOU ARE THE NIGGEST.

Hi. Arco here. Can I get a turn extension? I won't be around all night.

I was curious and tested it and it's far worse than I imagined.
Starting at PD lv20, you get +2 horsemen per level. This means Ermor's PD is 122/2 + 19 = 80
3240 gold in skelly PD
I'm going to assume Ermor is a real human bean because I don't think even AI is this dumb.

I guess he doesn't know if you build forts you get the better freespawn

I extended it by 24 hours

Thanks. I'm snowed in and can't return to my home computer.

Well I guess it's not stupid if it works, which it clearly did. I lost a major battle after that pyrrhic victory.

PD is just a vehicle for attrition tbh
and skellies dont really need that much gold

But PD needs a minimum population, if nobody knocks it over it's gonna get wasted on its own by your AIDS dominion.

Ah well it sounds more like Ermor has bad Diplo this game too, I don't think they can really get by without it anymore. But we will see. Now unlike that ys guy, that guy is a total jerk killing Nazca already and eating all our pizza. Someone ought to do something about him!

My trips only further prove that the world should unite against those poofy, nasty greenskinned watery elves. Their flaming and glamorous, that's code word for gay, are you going to stand around and wait while they go from nation to nation riding on their flaming steers (codeword queers) gaying up the map with their elvish politics! And just what's up with that God anyway… "Take a look in my heart" sounds like the player listens to too much boy George or probably something worse like Eurobeat; bottom line around elves watch yourselves. Kill Ys ignore Ermor

Could you beat the supreme Ashdod PissFountain?

I'd poo in it

Not really. That PD was roughly equal in gold value to your entire army, and you walked out with 2/3 of your own gold value intact. Not to mention that PD achieved nothing beyond that battle while your army might've got shit done before and after it.

There's no excuse for 80 fucking PD. That last point has you paying 20g per immobile, unscriptable skelly.

That's a garbage bless for giants, so absolutely.
what in the everloving fuck did he mean by this

wew lad

the answer is yes

I Raise this thread from the dead with HoS of Ench 5

Maybe the bless was for the gore attack or the Se'ir. Still kinda stupid though.

Isn't adding solar weapons bit of a null point if you are adding magic weapons too? I'd probably have tried to increase defense skill and protection values of those units. Bark-skin and swiftness perhaps. Those are idiotically expensive units and thus trying to minimize losses of those units might be worth prioritizing. Which brings me to another question, is there any way to repair armor of regular troops?

Armor will be automatically repaired at the cost of province resources during the next turn if there is enough.

As for the point on Solar Weapons, it isn't a null point nor is it a null point for any "weapons" type bless to combo it with Magic weapons. Magic weapons turns the damage type to magic which means it cannot be resisted by Ethereal, Invulnerability, Mistform and such. The effects of "weapons" type blesses are procs on hit, so in order for their effects to take place you have to hit the target first which Ethereal, Invulnerability, will negate well enough

EX. If you attack an ethereal target with mundane weapons with unholy weapon bless and miss. the target is unaffected by unholy weapons special effect, if you attack with magic weapons and it hits then they are targeted by the effect

Solar weapons will just give the anakites some extra punch, especially against undead/demons

Is there some sort of encyclopedia in the game? These hundreds of spells and units are hard to get a grip on.

5HP/turn and affliction resistance does a lot more for survivability than 8-9 (diminishing returns when stacked with base protection) prot, especially when you'll have lv3 earth mages to cast Marble Warriors and eventually Army of Gold/Lead eventually, which override Barkskin.
Like said, armor is repaired after battle and the more resource-intensive version of those giants come with magic armor/shield that can't be fucked by acid and whatnot.

Not in the game, no.
illwinter.com/dom5/docs.html
The manual's available online. Most spells have their exact effects spelled out in the tables section.
Use Dom4 inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/
for specific units/items/etc. The dom5 inspector exists but is woefully incomplete and with lots of wrong numbers, so the dom4 one is more accurate despite being a game behind. If you want to see if a unit has changed between games, Create a Pretender God is the fastest way to check national rosters.

Thanks, the tables are useful.
I'm getting the hang of the game I think but formations puzzle me a bit - How do I make sure my archers won't run into melee? I have piikemen in a double line which works well with the archers and mages behind them but they don't seem to stand and shoot.

Units with ranged weapons and no specified orders should prioritize firing until they run out of ammo or an enemy enters melee range before they switch to melee. Are you setting them to an order including 'Attack'? That forgoes ranged altogether and forces them to use melee only. You want orders involving 'Fire' for archers and units with ingrained ranged attacks like Mind Blast.

benblu

me and a friend want to do some kinda table top. if you lurk these threads can you hit me up on discord. it's your boy wolfspider

I mean, maybe in times of peace I just buy 25, but if there's an enemy coming, I increase everything in their path to 50.
I'm not even sure what the problem is.
With 6 forts constantly building troops and priests building temples, I still make too much money and if I don't spend it, it just piles up.
Having 12.000 gold on your account doesn't stop armies. PD does.
It usually makes sure those 350 units only reach your capital with 110 at least, at which point your 200 can fight a very fair and honest battle.

though even the new AI is probably smart enough to build armies that roll unsupported chaff

I didn't say they don't get rolled.
No priests (or crappy one's), no mages (or crappy one's) and mediocre units with no summons.
Of course PD gets steamrolled by any serious force. The point is the attrition.
The A.I. in 4 feared 30 PD like it was expecting 3000 units but in Dom 5, they actually take on PD withou much fear, so fencing yourself in with PD isn't viable anymore.
But my previous post is the experience I have playing against humans: people underestimate the loses they incur from PD (and in Dom 5, if someone survives the battle but is injured, you'll either have to wait a turn to move the army again or lose them to the wound).

I always bought more PD than anyone I've played against because I never knew what to do with the mountain of gold I get every turn.
Trust me: if I could turn that into gems, I'd do that in an heartbeat.
But the only game I wasn't bleeding gold was when I had 25 forts pumping units. Give or take 10 turns and your armies all start starving because there's not enough supplies anywhere on the map. Move an army? THERE'S ANOTHER THERE ALREADY. And they're already starving.
I really want some saved games from the people here, just see how does everyone run out of cash and can't shell 5000 gold for a shitty troop that will nevertheless take out 40 or so dudes from an invading army.

Did the latest steamfriend begging prove unsuccessful?

You think people don't remember you?

if you don't have a campaign going I don't really care what you have to say user

Sure you don't, remember, just because no one wants to be friends with doesn't mean you have nothing to live for.

are you alright?

I'd go with an "Are you?" if I didn't already know the answer to that.

you should shitting up the thread tbh

Not gonna miss a chance to call you a faggot.

at the expense of the quality of the board, you're doing a great job at being better then me I'm sure

It takes the two of us to shit up the thread.

I always cared but with you starting this it isn't my fault tbh

Do you have some kind of reputation to defend or something?

yeah it's tots me getting these (you)s you're only trying to put me in my place after all right

You can't complain about shitting up the thread and at the same contribute in said shitting, it just doesn't make sense.

you're perfectly fine shitting it up though

I build army constantly while expanding, and build the best researchers. Once i have some research down, I build the most expensive thing that I want (most nations have some 300-500g cap-only mage). All surplus gold goes into forts and labs/temples in those forts. The more forts/labs/temples (if sacred mages) I pump out, the more mages I can have on standby researching. Mages win the tech war when they aren't fighting and win the war war when they are, so I blow everything I get on them or things to get more of them.
Fuckhuge PD just isn't worth it unless you're in dire straits and about to be invaded by a 50/50 outcome force or something. The exponentially increasing cost means by 30 or so you may be spending more per unit than you would on the actual unit (or, more likely, a better, higher-res version) who you can script and move around. Your example of 50 PD is 50g for what, 2.5-3 units? Static, unscriptable units who you can't move out of the way if your force is needed elsewhere.
Lots of army comps suffer little to no losses from PD. Soldiers that hold while mages summon elementals or skellyspam that take any real losses the soldiers incur, or just overwhelming pressure from range/memeblessed units that suffer minimal attrition from shitty militia-tier PD.
High PD has niche uses in desperation but it's probably the worst thing you can be dumping your gold into.

Again, takes two to play that game, and you're the one that started whining about it being pajeeted.

gee it's almost as if I'm not a hypocrite or something

Gonna shill this game while I'm here. LA, with Worthy Heroes and Better Arena.

Get in, fags.

I'll join, but i'm having a hard time deciding a nation.

On another note, whats a good nation to spam astral horrors, i want to fuck up armies from with in and shit.

webm related.

Anybody making OC? I might start taking suggestions again if people want some highlights from there games.

LA Ulm is good for Blood and Astral magic so you could spam horrors later on

Can you two just fuck already?

I never really played late age or installed mods for the game. You really hurting for players?

2/10 players and the game has been waiting for a week

How do we kill Ermor?

Cleansing Water, Mass Banishment Spam, Maggots, Dust to Dust, Sniping the commanders, aoe like gifts from heaven.

next time don't make it a large game in the least-loved age
or suck it up and go to /domg/

And when I asked how do we kill Ermor I didn't mean killing that player in real life.

Hmmm what's wrong with llamaserver this time?

WE LEVELED UP

Important question
Heat 3 Yomi or Cold 3 Yomi?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

If you're swedish, then it's cold 3 Yomi for you, if not, then heat 3.

Only some of them are, at least half have no resistances and even become weak to fire if you cast End of Weakness
Homesick too so unlikely to see combat unless you suck.

Go for heat 3, unless you're in a very niche match up against a bunch of hot loving nations, that should be the only deciding factor here.

You'll be unable to summon the Nushi anyway natively unless you build your pretender with the paths to do so, or luck out on Jade Amazons (she would be pretty good if could be summoned natively, but as it stands she's shit)

The Red Oni's are so much better than the Blue ones in terms of versatility, but again if you had more access to water magic as a nation having spells like Grip of Winter on top of their frost attack for the extra fatigue would stop any army dead in it's tracks. Blue oni are also the superior choice if you wanted to focus on going anti thug.

I was talking about sneks.

Hannaya are no longer cold blooded, and if you take both pacts, they have 1 extra death.

Ermor has a army of almost two thousand strong.

The UI is kind of a pain in the ass but I really like the game otherwise.

I heard Farshot is useless but what do you guys think about Pale One Boulder Throwers + a few levles of Farshot?

5 ammo and low precision
I don't see this ending well.

This is against an easy AI. The fuck am I doing wrong that I can't get that many units?

take wild guess

try a more babby-friendly nation next time, weeb

Post Very Niche SC's that you have used in a games. I need to see what yo u fags come up with

Golem
Horror Harmonica, Armour of Virtue, the boots that let you teleport
Teleport in, cast Call Horror 5 times and wait to get returned.