WOTS and assorted feudal japan vidya

WOTS4 is available on GOG. WOTS3 isn't but is readibly available in similar places such as 8F65F7F818DA3AF88514F6DC1BD02BD37F27C6B8. 1 and 2 should be easily emulatable on PCSX2 (it does NOT work on my machine)
Currently trying to find a hand to hand style that gives me some damage resistance to survive a poke from the sisters in Harakiri. I've been trying WOTS3 on the side but don't know what the fuck am I doing.
Any other games based on feudal japan you like?
DMD mode: no Musou or Gekokujo

There's that very old Sid Meier game in the vein of Pirates! called Sword of the Samurai, and Yakuza has a prequel set in ye olde Japan.

I'm just going to assume you've already played Nioh at this point.

Don't have a PS4, don't plan to get one, not at least until it goes past gen.

If you want your feudal Japan to be sexy, then there's Sengoku Rance. Then there's also Age of Empires: The Age of Kings for DS, which had a Japanese campaign based on the Genpei War.

Good thing it's on PC then.

If strategy is on the table then Shogun 1 and 2 are a good place to start. There's also Sengoku Jidai for the more autistic among us. Also, the Onimusha games are fun if you want an action / "survival horror" experience.

Did they ever fix the massive problems with the PC port?
Also heard the thing has really high minimum requirements.

This looks interesting enough, thanks.

It's good to have others to remind me now and then how retarded I am.

They patched in keyboard and mouse support. What other massive problems are there?

I'd say Total War Shogun 2

or Mount and Blade Warband with Gekokujo mod is a lot of fun too, you'd probably like that one a lot.

I just wish we had got a remake like Pirates! did. Pity no one wants to make games like this anymore.

It's okay to feel stupid sometimes.

Saw a lot of reports the game was running like shit on any hardware older than 2 years, with tons of slowdown and frame drops.

There was the "no C:\ drive" problem too.

They fixed the crashes and the lack of mouse support. There were reports of high requirements in the first few days on steam, but the threads here on Holla Forums had very few reports of shit performance. I think you should be okay with a mid-range rig. Pirate to make sure, it's mostly solo anyway.

Loved Gekokujo, however I found it somewhat easy to abuse trade and friendly villages giving you units upgraded way above baseline. Also very few archer units overall. I don't think my archer MC ever took an arrow at all.

Isn't there a "sequel" to it made by a different team with the blessings of the original author? Maybe they fixed the balance flaws.

Maybe I didn't read the last line but at least I'm not a cunt like you

If you can't read you deserve to be ridiculed, fucking nigger.

And?

Only an actual, real life shitskin would be this pointlessly aggressive over nothing.

Subhuman.

I like nobunagas ambition.

And only an actual, real-life shitskin can't read. Just admit your fucking failure and let us bully you, you dumb nigger.

WOTS 1 and had japanese PSP ports with fan translations, natively 16:9 just sayan.
Sage because ………..

Performance is fine and my pc was from 2013. Mid range graphics cars too. It's locked at 30 fps, cause they couldn't get 60 fps to work.

That's the case for Way of the Samurai 3 and 4, because the original PS3 versions were fucking abysmal and you can't do much to fix that without remaking the game from scratch.

Nioh is capped at 60, though. Good luck holding 60 if you don't meet the listed minimum reqs, 30 isn't hard to hold but damn

Yeah I know. Everything was tied to frame rate and thw Anons here who tested the pc version said it was a miracle Ghostlight was able to get the game to work.

Seriously nips, stop that tie everything to frame rate shit.

I lost the archives of alpha builds in a system failure but I was one of the testers. The fucking nip programmers were so fucking lazy that because the PS3 never rests the HDD when idle, if your HDD ever went idle while playing the game would stop loading all assets and just slowly degenerate into a shitty creepypasta before crashing
This is the kind of shit that had to be fixed
The sfx volume in WotS3 randomly fluctuating was never fixed because over a 2 month testing period with >100 testers not one of us could figure out why the fuck it happens
I'm still annoyed that I wasn't able to convince the lead programmer to leave in the dev menu, the game engine had (buggy) support for dynamic shadows that modders could have probably made to look fucking amazing

Thanks for 10 years of waiting for nothing I guess.

That's really interesting. I love wots. Is there more?

Thanks for this info testerAnon

How the hell does WOTS3 run on literally anything? That game is a wonder of optimization.

I tested 4 but not 3. Did they ever fix the hospital interior lighting? Never played the final release, in fact the last I played right before the release to grab a few quick achievements so their earned date would serve as proof of tester stats.

Oh man, that and the music randomly cutting out is what made me up and drop the PC port, which sucks because I played the fuck out of 3 on my PS3.

So, offtopic, but what does one have to do to become a tester for a game? Do you have to be working at the company at the moment or is a polite email enough?
I've been enjoying 3 on my own ever since I figured out how push and pull works, but I have some hot new glitches of my own (serves me right for using WINE)

nope

That happens once in a blue moon on wangblows, but if it's doing it specifically around the guard gate, it might be WINE. You are playing a game that's already spaghetti on a platform it's not meant for, after all.
Yeah, those are WINE-exclusive issues. Though of note if you tab out while the intro video is playing the game will crash on Windows, but none of us could figure out why and you can skip the intro anyway so it was deemed too low priority to bother.

iirc they did, it was one of the last things fixed before release

Sure, here's some random tidbits
luckily my incessent whining and the other testers who backed me up on it got them to add a toggle to the ini to let you disable them
the only negative effect is that it causes the "OMG SUPER BLURRY LOOK HOW FAST YOU ARE" effect for Spring Harvest to instead simulate having a seizure; a small price to pay

Well it has the graphics of a PS2 game and it's locked at 30fps with a 12-15fps target. Since they couldn't raise that cap for the port, they just focused on making the frame-pacing better. Don't forget that PS3 hardware is ancient at this point, so even a shitty prebuilt can outperform it. it's almost like a port with a bit of effort put in runs way better than a copypaste hackjob

For Ghostlight specifically, they did recruitment campaigns for volunteer testing, I just shot them an email for WotS4 because it's a game I really enjoy and wanted to help make sure it didn't get a bad port, apparently being professional is rare so I got snapped up really quick. The people who actually did a good job were asked to come back for 3 before they even announced it. Payment came in the form of getting to keep the game for free, which is nice since it was volunteer work anyway.

You're bretty gud.

Are you fucking retarded?

Koei needs to seriously get back on the Historical Strategy games in the West.

I think you're 100% wrong.

Nobunaga's ambition is great, as much as Koei likes to milk shekels from their fanbase

The new game's new farming, battle, and economics mechanics are great, but everything else is gimped (Imperial diplomacy, espionage, etc). Basically an early access scam like the rest of them.

Theirs already enough western games that are set in the west

*there's

Musou at this point isn't even a samurai game in my opinion. They went way too far into the fantasy region of things.

What version would you recommend?

Wasn't even aware Ascension was a thing.
Is this worth getting if I already have Sphere of Influence? Officer play sounds fun, but some of the reviews I've looked at made it sound like the game is pretty buggy.

Just regular sphere of influence is good. Ascension isn't bad though, pirate the game though.