VIDYA GAMES THREAD

What vidya have you played recently, Holla Forums?
 ∧,,∧           ∧,,∧ (´・ω・`)          (´・ω・`) ( つ V I D Y A G A M E S ⊂ ) しー-J  T H R E A D  しー-J

Other urls found in this thread:

prospector.at/forum/dm_eds/dmedsdl.php
zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/ketchup-v5-patched-to-newer-gzdoom-versions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A Hat in Time

Yoshi's Story, this game used to terrify me as a kid.

First time playing a Blazblue game, and I can see why it's a love it or hate it series. Every character having a specific mechanic can makes things crazy if you don't know your shit.

Fire Emblem 7 on the hardest difficulty. Probably going to (re)play Fire Emblem 6 now. My save file disappeared as I was nearing the end. I found it again but after over a year of absence I feel it'd be better to start fresh.
I'll probably emulate it on my newly hacked Vita. The screen is absolutely lovely on this thing. I'll probably end up playing 4 and 5 on this for the first times as well, hopefully they can live up to the hype.
I wonder how many people will sperg out in this thread.

Emulated and played the first two Yakuza games. Now I'm left wondering if I should try to get the third one or play something else entirely

Divinity OS 2. Just escaped Fort Joy and ran into the area with pigs on fire. I didn't realize there were oil and ooze barrels all over the damn place and got set on fire because a pig ran into one of them.

I have played nothing but the Fighting EX Layer beta for the past week. I've been waiting a new Arika fighter for nearly 18 years and from what I've played of the beta; it can easily be my GOTY next year after the polish it up, balance it and fully unlock the gougi system.

I want to go back and play Dark Souls 1 but I just can't get into it anymore. I know where all the items are, I know all the strategies to defeat all the enemies, and I've seen the environments dozens of times before. I have been told that I should try and speedrun it, but that just sounds like a chore. The magic is gone, and it feels like a little bit of me has died.

Got my younger brother EDF 4.1 as an early Christmas gift. We played together for a few hours and he's been going hard on the game ever since. It's really refreshing to see him fully engrossed in a game instead of watching shitty youtubers do let's play videos of the latest meme game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Really good, I'm 80 hours in and just finished chapter 5. I've been running around building up all the unique blades I've been lucky enough to get from that stupid fucking gacha system.
Deceit
Fun game, four innocent, two infected, gotta escape. Kinda like the table top game werewolf/mafia, mixed with slenderman.
The Mummy Demastered
Good stuff so far. Controls are a bit clunky, I guess I'm just used to the smoother controls in the Metroid games when playing a metroid-like. Wayforward do some good shit, but I wouldn't call this one of their best.
Romancing Saga 2
Only booted it up and watch the main intro so far, but goddamn I hope there is an option for classic visuals. The "HD" shit is just ugly. Give me the original backgrounds. SE truly are terrible at re-releasing old games. They just cannot stop fucking up. Say what you will be about Nintendo's VC shit, at least their games still look and play like they're supposed to.

Ive been playing Giga Wrecker. I was hungry for a metroidvania styled game, its ok. Decently fun, not terribly difficult, kinda linear, nice music and visuals though. I'll probably finish it and never touch it again.

Same. Fun platformer. I liked the mechanics of it. It ripped off Mario Sunshine a lot, but I guess I didn't care since I was getting a lot out of it. Alpine Skyline was best area. The murder mystery with the crows was great as well.

After completing A Hat in Time I realized that I had downloaded Gurumin long ago but never played it. Stupidly, I got an undub of the PSP version not knowing the PC version had a Japanese audio mod which isn't even difficult to find. The stereotypical anime dub voices annoyed me so I switched it to Japanese by copying over the English audio. I noticed some changes in the PSP version without even playing it very far. Some objects were moved and the timing meter for criticals was removed entirely; some odd choices. I went with the PC version since it looks much nicer. It still doesn't play in 60fps though nor will it go over 1080p. They probably tied the game logic to framerate as nip devs tend to do, but the resolution limitations don't make any sense because even when people tried to memory hack the game to increase the resolution it just puts the game in a corner and doesn't enlarge it.

That aside, like the game a lot. The music and cute girl reminds me of playing Ape Escape 3 as Yumi. There were a bunch of costumes. The schoolgirl costume has a cat tail but I had to buy the cat ears separately as a piece of gear which apparently reveals treasure chests on the map. To my surprise, after putting on the cat ears Parin started shouting "NYA!" when she does attacks. Cute as fuck. I discovered a neat feature: you can find pictures in the game and when you go to your desk in your room you can apply them as a windows desktop wallpaper. Weird that I've never encountered such a feature in the many PC games I've played over so many years.

Is S+ the best rank you can get in normal difficulty? I've been autistically smashing every last object, but getting plenty of money for it. Dunno if I need to smash everything though. Was saving my junk for upgrading once I had more head gear. The helmet that lowers damage taken seems like the best thing I have right now, but I like the cat ears since they make Parin do cat sounds.

I like how you can run and glide along the walls in Gurumin. However I did not like that most of the boss battles were extremely easy, the generally repetitive looking stages or the short length of the game.

That's it? Those are all the levels I'll explore? In a Square Enix game? ????????

Uplink. A lot of interesting mechanics built into a game revolving around hacking. Draws from some real world knowledge so I had to invest my own time into gitting gud at computer science. For example, there's command prompts in the game and you can use this to execute actions, "cd" changes the directory, etc.
Makes me feel like games with entry barriers like this should probably make a comeback, I don't mean prior skill, I mean prior knowledge. And if not that, then at least some willingness to learn.

The game doesn't hold your hand either. It marks an objective for you to do but doesn't explain how to complete it, you have to figure it out yourself using your own brain. For example, one of the missions you can get is to trace a hacker who recently broke into a company's system. You have to hack the system yourself and look into the recent logs, write down the the IP, look up the IP, find the internet connection that was routed ("bounced") through another company's system, break into THAT system, and keep following the trail until you locate the hacker's gateway. Then note down his IP address and send it to your employer for payment.

Pretty great game, looking forward to trying the mod Onlink. My only real complaint is that the storyline is way too short, there's only like 5 missions and its a good vs. evil blacks-and-white morality narrative. Also the devs coded a functioning IRC client the game so you could chat with IRL people playing the game.

Is this what passes for a way to get people to play this nowadays?

I haven't played it long. I saw you can wall run but I have not yet encountered a reason to use it.
Guess I won't be enjoying it for long. Should still be fun though.

House of the Dying Sun, it's a space pilot game with a very short campaign. Great aesthetics and sound design, does what it sets out to do, fun missions.

Yes, however lewd fan art is primarily created on part of the artist for fame and by extension income generation.

I got Ultima IV, V and VI from GOG some time ago. These games come bundled with lore books, clue books, casette rips and spellbooks to further enjoy or even keep playing the game. It's amazing just how much love they put into these and expected the players to immerse into the game world and learn shit.

No, I mean pretending to be retarded so you create the illusion only idiots don't "get" this game. 2B pantsu is barely related to the game anyway.

Oh no, I'm actually retarded I guess. I just really expected a bigger game for having hit the ending so quickly.

I just started playing this last week. I have no idea how far in I am yet, but am liking it so far.

Picked up EDF and Darkest Dungeon this last week, and have been playing those for the first time as well. Both games are a lot of fun, and I'm disappointed that I didn't jump into EDF sooner.

I don't have any real thoughts about them yet, and I probably won't until I've beaten them.

Really fucking far. Do all the side quests.

Just got in to Factorio and once you get in to it, it's really fun. Once it felt a bit tedious but once you look behind the veil and learn a ton of new things from seeing all the anons in the thread posting progress is insanely motivating to keep going.

Once.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's better or worse than BBS, but I'm having fun with it. Flowmotion is great for enhancing movement and the levels are bigger to make good use of it, but it sucks shit in combat and more often than not gets me killed because I accidentally activated it by rolling it into a wall. Spirit raising seems tacked-on and I miss being able to meld commands, but it's still the tried and true KH formula, so I can't complain too much.

Not a whole lot has changed from the first one, so I feel right at home with this game. I miss the old cast and the new skill system is a bit dull, but the new characters are fun and the combat is just as glorious as it was in the first game. **The voice acting is also much, much worse than the first game.""

I'm also trying to work up the nerve to play through Castlevania 3 right now. I got about halfway through the game the first time around but stopped playing from a combination of being tired and angry as fuck. Even though I know it saves progress, I actually want to restart from the beginning again, but I feel like I'll need a full day or so to do it.

I think it's time to go to bed.

Pick one and fucking play it already or you'll never get started and feel worse as time goes on.

Every time I go through my list of blanes I'm working on, always run across this. I don't feel shame or regret, just good memories of why it had to happen.

I can't make anything that actually flies and doesn't explode in this game.

Supreme Commander FAF, Age of Empires 2, and Vermintide. Still trying to get better at AoE (getting stomped by that Resonance Bot), getting much better at Supcom (slowly getting away from my love of turtling so I can actually be useful), and just playing Co-op with a friend in Vermintide (loot drops still suck).

Doing those anyway, since I want to make the game last as long as possible.

Balance, my man. You either need good stabilizers or sheer will of the earth rejecting what you have created. This one was a bit of a problem child, until I realized the back wings should be symmetrical like stabilizers.

Got back into Prospector again, now with version 205

Another hot tip is to bleed fuel from the wings, that helps out a lot with shimmying in a lot of cases. Especially something with a grand expanse.

Final Fantasy XIV
It's alright. Miqo'te is the only good race.

Silent Storm and Cuphead.
I swear Panzerkleins was made by the fucking devil.
Also I'm starting to feel like I'm enjoying the animation more than the actual bosses of cuphead. Not that it's a bad thing but most of the bosses are pretty simple patterns that barely require movement, it's just the animation that really carries the game so far.

Been playing a lot more games this year than recent years. All the good releases have got me pretty M O T I V A T E D.

Currently focusing on Xenoblade Chronicles right now, just got to Fallen Arm. The combat is immensely fun, just wish there were more of those enemies where vid related kicks in (not sure what they're called).
Finished Cuphead a few days ago, been doing S/P-ranks off and on, currently at 154% completion.
Been playing through the FF games for the first time this year, started with the PS1 era, just finished 9 and I'm on 10 now. Just beat Spherimorph, iirc. I've also been going through 4 in bursts on my phone during off-time at work.
Also been playing through DKC Tropical Freeze on CEMU. It's so goddamn well-designed, bouncing through the levels with DK+Cranky is so much fun.

There's a few additional areas in the later endings. The first ending is only like halfway through the game, as well. The game is easily 30-40 hours long, or 60 if you plan on doing everything

This looks neat, care to share more?

Dominions 5

Poor man's Tales of.
Poor man's Persona.
Poorer man's AkibasTrip.

Conclusion:

Akiba's Trip was liquid dogshit.

Fallout New Vegas. Trying out some mods.

It was playable. Hitting random people on the street with a maido outfit and two drills and ninja-style beating of their clothes to do an autists finishing stance to see them running off naked and screaming was fun, the first three times around.

Unlike this turd. Nothing was fun, not from the first minute on. And it gets only worse from there.
Take it from a man who 100% completed AkibasTrip just because there were no better games around.

Maybe you just weren't looking well enough.

Picked up Fire Emblem Echos finally, played Gaiden through before years back so I mostly knew what I was in for. I didn't know they added poison and paralysis, which terrors love to employ against you regularly. Nor that they buffed the fuck out of Duma's eye beam in both damage and range. Alm got fucking wrecked by it and a witch followed up after, forcing a game over.

Liar.

Yesterday I played Civilization VI, had a good time nuking the greeks.

Today I played Skyrim

Playing Skyrim modded for comfy camping with Frostfall and Requiem while sitting in my underground security office at work watching the snow fall from the cameras.

hello fellow normie

Fallout 4, its the tits.

Essentially, a roguelike in space, where you explore planets for data, minerals and artifacts in exchange for cash and better equipment, and eventually, planning for retirement.
It has problems every now and then and prone to crash sometimes, so keep that autosave on. At least its free.
prospector.at/forum/dm_eds/dmedsdl.php

I was playing some Ninja Gaiden Sigma, the biggest problem I have is the damn fucking motorcycles. Holy shit, it's hard to track the camera on them, its hard to hit them and quickly kill them.
The only thing I'm confused is that you can charge your strong attack in an instant but I don't know how to consistently do it.

I've started Fate/Extra. I've no prior experience with the Fate series.

I played a bit of the original Age of Mythology.
Pretty fun.

Financial anxiety and random-but-frequent visits from family, friends, and "friends" has kept me from playing anything but picross and tabletop games lately. The last proper vidya I played was probably Cuphead.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Pretty fun stealth tactics game, like Desperados and Commandos. I liked it, but there's a severe lack of missions with all five characters.

Shit story, shit framerate and shit resolution thanks to massive performance issues. Worst voice acting I've ever heard in a videogame, and even the JP voices are terrible in combat.
Gameplay takes too long to open up, there's nothing to fucking do in the world and the sidequests are the worst and most tedious that I've ever seen in a JRPG.

Gameplay is okay at end game, but until about chapter 8 it's really slow and dull. Shitty gachapon system that really ruins the game and restricts party composition. Inconsistent writing, especially for Zeke who goes from a funny chuuni to a generic dude.
But the biggest offender out of all of this is that they pulled an Infinite Undiscovery ending after all that. That game didn't get a pass for such a bad ending and neither does this one.

6/10, overrated and overall a frustrating experience.

B-but muh based uncensored game that pisses off SJW

Same as this user. Trying to get good with Arakune while my friend's Azrael destroys me every round.
Will probably get Yakuza 0 and both Ninja Gaiden Sigma games this Christmas.

I started playing Just Cause 2, despite buying it on a Steam Summer sale back in 2011 and never touching the game because I wanted something to do whilst I listen to podcasts. Now I've conquered all of the territories and have a 96% completion. There's one sea port I couldn't conquer because it has some kind of glitch but nonetheless, I've conquered all that can be conquered.

I saw a map recently that compared the sizes of all the various game worlds. I remember seeing it on 4/v/ back in 2011 or so actually. I knew JC2 was big but I had no idea it was actually so big compared to say, GTA3 or San Andreas or Oblivion. Considering how much of JC2's map is just empty space to create the game's atmosphere and it seems kind of bloated in hindsight although I'm sure I would've been impressed back then.

Now that I'm done with JC2, I'll either beat the game again in Legendary for the achievement or I'll simply move on to some korean MMORPG for my something-to-do-whlist-listening activity.

Recently i installed CFW and i´ve been playing the following:
Might try ps1/ps2 emulation on the ps3 since i heard it runs the games really well

I recently find myself playing mostly casual stuff like rocket league and Xenoverse.
I tried Oriental Empires and I don't know if it's just the game or the genre that doesn't do it for me, but I find there's not that much to do. Just plop down settlements, gather resources and see who tries to fuck over who first. It's not too exciting.

After seeing superLeia, the destruction of any space warfare and retarded Luke I played a bit of Jedi Outcast to remind myself how it used to be.
Still as goos as some 10 odd years ago when I first played it.
Fuck, now I miss old raven software as well.

I admit I am terrible at this game compared to Blazblue, but I am still having fun with it especially since I backed it on Kickstarter.

Been going through Doom's TNT Evilution since it's practically a tradition for me to start the fucker and not finish it for no good reason but I think this year is the year. I really love the theme and layouts of some levels and I appreciate it a lot more every time I play it. For the most part, they follow a vague theme and sense of progression. Level 16 is the raddest fucking cave level I have ever seen. The midis are pretty groovy sometimes aswell. The game can be pretty fucking brutal if you play ultra-violence what with all the goddamn chaingunners, but it hasn't given me too big of a 'fuck you' though this time I'm going through on hurt me plenty since I just wanted something more relaxed. still a good challenge.

I've also just been hoping to find a decent multiplayer shooter with an active fun community, but those are few and far between.

I don't play video games. I just shitpost here to annoy people.

Deus Ex, Terraria and Dark Souls 3.

Gravity Rush 2.
Kat is still cute, gotta grind for those dusty coins.
Still busy with other stuff so I have to balance time.

Grim Dawn: I have it on Steam, and I'm fucked; fucked am I. I don't want to give even more monay to Lord Gaben if I want to get the DLCs. Shiiit.
Ur-Quan Masters: It's still an awesome game. Most of the remixed music is ok, but some tracks are shit. HD version of SC2 is shit. Tried out the Super Melee the other day:

Just got the true ending for MGS5.
It was fun. I started out sneaking really slowly and tranq-fulton everyone but by the end I had a rocket launcher at all times and sprinted and dived everywhere.
Swapped out my pistol for the water pistol during the burning man fight but that doesn't actually do anything. Filling the roads with anti-tank mines and placing C4 on every important structure as I sneak then blow everything and call the chopper as soon as the objective is complete.

Absorbing orbs while holding the strong attack button.

My gf got me .Hack//GU Last Recode for Christmas and I'm enjoying it so far. They made a few quality of life improvements to the games as well as adding a 4th volume, it's the best port I could've hoped for.

Playing Grim Dawn with AoM installed. Fun, probably one of the better Diablo-likes out. Been alternating between leveling my Warder (main farming character) and my Pyromancer and Purifier. Also started a Death Knight but he's still pretty low level and I'm waiting to snag the pieces of a certain set to give to him.

I played pirated ChromaSquad recently.
It stopped being fun at the vid related moment (shit starts at 3:57)(Could not find a non-commentary walkthrough so just turn off the sound).
Also, all the playable white male characters present are either obese cucks or a weak pretty gay faggot cuck. But at least we have lots of niggers :).
There are even some kind of typical lootboxes with materials in game pay 1180 bucks and get a few shitty materials, goy.
When kikes try to meddle with japan-related media it's the worst.

You're supposed to keep playing. The playthrough for ending B is different and the playthrough for ending C is entirely different.

Ys Seven

God, what a fucking decline. The near-complete absence of platforming killed dungeon variety hard, with most of them being straightforward monster gauntlets, on top of always available minimaps nullifying any sense of exploration. You'd think that with no platforming that they'd place a heavier focus and expand the combat system, but the new Skill System consists of having a dozen or so superfluous skills you'll never use aside from the strongest ones. Each elemental thingy in Oath/Origin would also have an additional effect for platforming, but that's mostly gone in favor of Dark Souls rolling everywhere. On top of that the enemies here are even less dangerous, less mobile, and less aggressive than in the Ark engine games. So all enemies just feel the same, even towards the endgame.

Flash Guarding sounds cool, but all it really does is make each attack the fucking same because you can block literally any kind of attack through a simple matter of timing regardless of positioning. And you want to do it because it is the fastest way to fill up your EXTRA gauge for your EXTRA skill. This gets more retarded with persistent attacks like whirlwind attacks where the amount of EXTRA you gain depends on how quickly you can mash Flash Guard, and since Flash Guarding slows down time on hit, you will be Guarding and mashing A LOT for some attacks, which takes up a fuckton of time. A nice part about it is that after each Flash Guard you get a damage bonus (and you also receive bonus damage if you fuck up your timing), though for some reason this bonus doesn't carry over if you switch between party members. Attack-wise it makes all the bosses feel the same, what only distinguishes bosses at this point is how you deal damage to them or what status ailments they can give you, which quite frankly have no place in the game.

There's pointless item gathering and pointless expanded weapon arsenal which is in place in order to facilitate a more traditional JRPG progression of go into the wild -> kill monsters -> get gold -> enter new town -> buy newest tier of gear in shop on top of a rudimentary crafting system which facilitates more grinding. Each skill can be upgraded to LVL10, and you get 1 EXP for each time you use a skill, rather than how much enemies you use it on. Which is inefficient, and facilitates even more grinding because getting a skill to LVL10 takes too fucking long. Then you need to do this across seven different party members, and frequently juggle Training Rings in order to boost skill EXP gain. And this is necessary if you don't want to fight the final boss with underleveled and undergeared party members. Ever played a JRPG where you have multiple party members in the backburner you never use but are suddenly forced to use them for story reasons while your main party members aren't available? Then you'll know that feeling. Of course, there's a good portion of grind involved in the endgame dungeon if you don't want your party to fight the final boss with subpar weapons which take forever to kill it.

You have to do Charge Attacks constantly in order to be able to build up SP for using skills, and use skills in order to build up EXTRA for using your EXTRA skill. The thing is that because you're constantly holding down B your thumb is going to get cramped fast, Megaman-style. Also the game does a poor job at explaining any of the deeper mechanics. Just what do these EXTRA skills do? How much damage do these skills deal? How much stun do these skills deal? Why can some enemies be launched but others not? Is there any logic to enemy stagger?

I'm actually glad there's healing items in place here, because most of the bosses tend to be on the HP bloated side of things with barely any multiple phases to speak of and take too long to kill to begin with, this way I don't need to grind my way to victory either. Especially on Nightmare mode, just fuck it. Had it not been for the traditional Falcom bubble-wrap feeling combat and music and presentation, I'd have dropped it a long time ago. As it stands Ys Seven can only be enjoyed on lower difficulties and/or people who like to turn off their brains.

Fallout New Vegas. Finally finished New Reno redux. It feels nice to go solo again without 5 companions following me everywhere. I ended up losing maria, my ranger sequoia and my p-90 though, which sucks horribly. But i'm happy to finally be through the quest and on the other side. Getting ready to go to the Madre and go solo operator for a bit before hand.

Freespace and Freespace 2, as well as Blue Planet, Derelict and Dimensional Eclipse mods for FS2.
I can't believe I haven't played them until this year, this shit is amazing.
Age of Aquarius is dogshit as far as the story in Blue Planet goes, I wish I skipped it

The additions more than make up for the missing animation frames. Best home version 10/10

Whats the consensus on Brutal Doom here, am I a pleb for playing through Ultimate, II, and 64 with it a second time through? and liking it?

Other than that, not much, hoping to jump into REmake tonight.

Finally beat La-Mulana a few days ago.
Lots of flaws and questionable design decisions but I'll be damned if I ever play something that passionate and lovingly made ever again. I can't bring myself to even hate the worst of it, it's incapable of bringing the game down when it hits those highs.

Brutal Doom is honestly fun but there are really better options for adulterating your Doom experience (especially with some of the autism Sargent has been unleashing lately like the update that makes liquid surfaces ripple like crazy)

Brutal doom is fine, just don't stop there when it goes to doom modding. Icaruslives has covered a bunch of good mods that are worth checking out.

If you want to keep the gore from brutal doom, get the ketchup standalone. Also get ZDL since it makes running mods a lot simpler rather than fucking about with command lines to run more than 1 mod.
zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/ketchup-v5-patched-to-newer-gzdoom-versions

Shadow of Chernobyl, with the right mods and all.

I feel like I shouldn't have started my first game ever on hard difficulty though.

It's not very good. Way too short and easy, even on hard mode. Not to mention, you can't disable the music, even when you change the settings.

in a single word: CLARKSOOOOOON!!

Tell us about it user.

BlazBlue Central Fiction is the best game i have bought all year so glad i just jumped on this franchise the story mode and waifus are top tier.
can't wait to get betterat Litichi Faye Ling and rape kids online.

Lazy excuse for a lack of proper content.

what

I REFUSE to play as an annoying little shota. He never should have become a playable character.

Im replaying KOTOR II since i didn't beat the first time. I enjoyed the first very much . I keep mixed opinions of which is the better one. I remember the relationships being much complex in this one though.

I just finished my evil karma playthrough of Infamous Second Son i thought it was pretty fun. Are the previous infamous titles better or worse ?

I dropped the game because of that, it's the second time also, i am not picking it up again, i am tired of this japanese trend of forcing shitty AI companions that you can't even fine-tune to do what you need , like the Toukiden games and others, they instead distract or annoy and also steal attention from the protagonists.

The worst time i've seen this shit happen was with white knight chronicles. They have you make your own character than force you to play as another mc with your character as a mute side character in the story who tags along. Was infuriating.

Depends on the genre, JRPGs are all objectively worse, but there's no western equivalent of the spectacle fighter for example

Battlefield 1. It's really helped me understand the horrors that colored people faced in the great war. My wife's boyfriend agrees with me that it's about time that they finally received the recognition they've always deserved for their massive role in beating back the racist German menace.

What about spectacle first-person shooters?
just imagine

Is it that bad ? from what i have seen the campaign seems pretty bland. can you post some examples ?

I never actually played the campaign, but in multiplayer the amount of niggers is pretty ridiculous. One good thing though is that most of the scout class character models are black, and I personally consider snipers the niggers of the battlefield, so that's kinda funny.

The character models of the blacks are also hilariously goofy looking. Like they made them look so fucking stupid, the german scout class niggers look like a fat nosed nigger child playing dress up, it's so fucking stupid.

I've been having a blast with it, the combat just keeps getting better and better the more I level up.
Just started playing but I already love the artstyle, and setting.

cuphead
im worse than dsp at it

The game is pretty comfy, but the quests are underwhelming and the dialogue isn't very roleplay oriented. I'm hoping PoE 2 is better in these aspects.

Game has it's issues, but all things considered I enjoy the game. Blasting GI with my AKM and dropping off draftees in my huey is satisfying.

I currently modded my PS2 and started playing this as a result. It's fun as heck, but I'm not very far into it. I love how you can resize and relocate accessories on your character, but idk how the weight factors in, so I tend to not use accessories.

I replayed XCOM EW on my pseudo-toaster laptop. It's really fun.

I played it on Stalker difficulty first, some people say only play Master.

Just played some Armchair General Simulator, Wargame Red Dragon…
I wish that game had the same destruction as WiC had.

You guys are faggots, 9S isn't annoying at all.

Everything is a pretty neat novelty game. You can just relax and explore while you're a piece of pizza the size of a nebula.

I spend most of my game time these days on Siege and Tekken 7. I swear this week i'm gonna finish gravity rush 2 though

Better than Styx 1 so far. I can't stand the movie trope jokes constantly. That's about it. These Styx games aren't really the best when it comes to sneaking as it doesn't feel realistic but more square and you need to mix skills to move from box to box instead of in a natural world.

Factorio. People said it was autistic but the layers of autism can be a little overwhelming.

It's a very good game imo. Not enough autism yet but it's getting there. You need to figure out how to build systems and there is no reward but getting the ability to manage your systems better. I don't know any other game that has you participate in this ludicrous cycle that's is good.

Not that I was complaining about it, I'm all for autistic gameplay, it's just that I underestimated the layers of planning needed to make a giant facility function, especially since placing production chain layers is so critically important, something that doesn't seem obvious when you play the first levels of the campaign.

Arma 3.
Played through the 1st campaign. Campaign ends up mostly being a light strategy game. It's still a janky fucking game but it gets the right feel when it comes to encounters. I've played the last mission where you just have to escape the Altis a few times. Pretty fun.

I hear something about some servers shutting down for that game soon. Is the game going to still be largely enjoyable when that happens?

There aren't really any realistic stealth games because you can always nitpick 1 or 2 things. I agree though, the wall hugging stealth is what killed styx for me.

It doesn't have to be realistic. I just find Tenchu and MGS better for some raisin. I even liked sneaking in DXHR more. Styx seems so shallow and I can't think of how to improve it.

Imagine if you figured it all out, had a huge facility making wild things automatically while you venture in to the unknown. You are a master. Then the game updates, you come back to find half your power stations and all your factories allign differently and need different resources to produce anything. A nightmare right?
it happened to me

Doki Doki Literature Club is the best VN I've played in a while. It's not a groundbreaking concept but it was executed well. Short enough that I could recommend it to someone who's not really into visual novels.
Main flaw is that it has no staying power. Once you finish seeing everything the game has to offer, it's completely forgettable. Still, it's a fun ride while you're on it.

Sayori's death actually caught me by surprise, even though I was waiting for something crazy to happen right from the beginning. Unfortunately, that's the climax of the whole story. Nothing really hits that peak afterwards and the stuff that's supposed to be really intense feels completely safe and tame by comparison.

couldn't you say thats the case with most VNs? granted I'm not a fan of the genre to start. That being said lots of fucking games don't have staying power anymore because replayability is a concept from bygone days it seems

Shin Megami Tensei IV. Second game in the series I've played after Strange Journey, and it feels harder, at least in the beginning (haven't hit the third level yet). That fucking hedgehog thing I keep running into has the ability to TKO my party. I'm at level 6, should I just grind for a while?

Staying power doesn't mean replay value.
When I say staying power, I mean how long the experience of a game will stick with you.

I can think back to something like Saya no Uta, or Clannad, or Sengoku Rance, and those games I remember extremely fondly with lots of scenes and plot points and such that resonate with me, or I can remember a track and immediately recognize the feelings I felt when I played the game.
Doki Doki Literature Club is more like a one and done experience. In a month from now, I might remember it but I doubt I'd have that same connection to it. In six months from now, I'll probably have forgotten it entirely.

Main flaw is that it completely pisses away all its potential.

I had a competent facility constructed in Empyrion: Galactic Survival, enduring the planet and ready to build a ship to leave, only to see an update hit and my production entering a bug that permanently sends an error message. I know that pain, m8. I'll still play those games.

Beat Watchmen, now have no idea what to play next.
And that's what I just have installed on Steam.

You got a .png of that.

Warframe
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that's not an explosion, that's a tank behind a medic who's tired of all this shit
Pinball Arcade

I would like to play GD with other people but I don't want to buy the new expansion (((OY VEY))). The expansion for Diablo 3's necromancer isn't on sale the last time I checked but if I found out it is I may go ahead and get it.

I've also played some Elite Dangerous as of late but I'm off in deep space with several million credits worth of explo data in tow so I'm not going to kill myself just because cool stuff is happening in the bubble.

of which? granted the answer to both is no

It feels like all the effort went into Sayori's path. The rest feels underdeveloped and the horror elements ended up being more funny than spooky. I like it though and it's free so there's that.

play jet set faggot

Absolutely. Sayori's path is everything the game needed to be and everything it billed itself as.
Agreed. I thought the horror elements were more intriguing than horrific (or funny), which made the third act Just Monika more interesting for me. I can see where some people might get bored and give up on it entirely, though.

TNT: Evilution and Mega Man Zero for singleplayer

Hearthstone for multiplayer

Yeah the final part is good too, it stopped trying to be so on the nose and was more existential. Overall it's better than a lot of other bargain bin visual novels and I'll probably buy a shirt or whatever from the dev eventually

Deus Ex - first run with GMDX, second with Revision. Fuck yes, it kicks ass. It's so flexible, you can approach each situation in many different ways. Shoot everyone, sneak in the shadows, hack systems, explode shit. It is one of the most immersive, "real-feeling" games I've ever played, along with Shenmue and Witcher 3.

Brutal Doom in and of itself is fine, especially when paired with that Hell on Earth mapset. The problem is that the mod is treated like it's the be-all-end-all of modding and the definitive way to play the games, to the point that we have people demanding every mod be compatible with it.

On its own, though, yeah it's fun. I'll play it every now and then. Not really a fan of how the new version "enhances" maps, though.

I've been playing a bit of Warframe pretty much every day. Last weekend, I binged Transport Fever for a while - pretty much updated Transport Tycoon but a bit more casual and over a wider timeframe. Also played The Ship with you fags this weekend. Pirated Driver: San Francisco, but can't get it working, to my great disappointment. Also wanted to try the 40K mod for Men of War, but it's missing textures for some reason.

I just beat that a month or so back, entirely in VR. Incredible experience, sold me on VR as being viable just when I was starting to lose hope. I was using an Oculus DK2 and there were some technical issues now and then, but it wasn't too terrible - most of it stemmed from using an older headset.

That last mission was god-tier, being Homeworld 2's last mission but from the other side

Out of all of them, I remember liking the second game the most but it's been a long while since I played any.

Start with Fate/Stay Night. Extra is some weird continuation/sequel/prequel/what-if of the story in Stay Night. Order should be Stay/Night > Zero > Extra.

I've been wasting my life away playing Tree of Savior since a huge update hit this week. Shit game, but it's an excellent way to waste time by killing shit.

someone give me something to write about this. idk what to say about it.
am in the desert part just grinding.
does the game get any good?
what to play after this game?

I'm emulating Yakuza 2, also beat 1 a while ago. great shit.
I have a feeling that SEGA is going bring Yakuza to PC soon. Since now would be the prefect time, they can do 0, Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2, back to back to back.
In a perfect world they would also port the HD versions the original Yakuza 1 and 2 they did for the Wii U in Japan only, but I have my doubts about that happening so, that's why I'm emulating the originals.

Max Payne 1
Currently playing right now on PS4. The hellish nightmare section with the blood tightrope was a literal nightmare due to the shit controls. I'd imagine it's easier on PC.
Alien: Isolation
Currently playing. It's mediocre so far. If you're a big fan of the franchise the game might be a dream come true but it's not doing too much for me.
Talos Principle
Finished the other day. It was okay. I enjoyed the puzzles but wasn't too keen on the lore and the art direction and music was just passable. Overhyped game.

WoW Legion
It's fun with friends.

Playing the "Super Metroid Arcade" hack. (It's fun and very difficult) while downloading some games for my CFW'd PS3 (I have 1TB to fill with stuff) and trying to figure out some things. At least I have my JojoHD, MvC2HD and Third Strike HD, so I'm happy.

you niggas been saying this since the wii u port show the fuck up already or shut the fuck up, god damn

Delete it and just emulate the arcade version or play it on a dreamcast. The "HD" port has an assload of flaws because capcom decided to ship the beta as a final product.

I think I can actually run the Arcade version on the PS3 via Retroarch's FBA core
I had no fucking idea. That's a shame, as I liked the borders a lot,

Fuck right the hell off. Youre substituting your friendship as a surrogate for a good game.

Been playing Tales of Vesperia PS3. Forgot how fucking annoying Baction was as a dungeon.

I'd been hearing rather iffy things the last .hack thread or two. I take it from what you've said, you've played the PS2 originals to be able to compare it with? If so, does the combat/mechanics just feel more refined in a good way, or does it just make combat easy (not that G.U. was all that hard outside of a few fights anyhow, compared to how broken enemies in IMOQ could get)? And how's the English script/voicing for Vol.4 feel if you're there yet?

Been eyeing a copy at a shop out here, but I'm not sure if it's in the best condition. If you have a physical copy, are the sample screenshots on the back cover supposed to have a somewhat faded palette to them (for lack of a better description), or is the one I'm considering likely to have sat somewhere sunny for too long? Already tried looking for cover scans online, but what few are of/include the back cover are for PAL or JP copies, and thus are differently arranged than the NA one.

I'm still trying to research more as to just how on-par Cobra is with Slim PS3s, at least as far as PS2 emulation on them goes. I'd assume PS1 is no real trouble to run from digital storage for the most part, given all PS3s were PS1 disc compatible anyhow (though you might look into potential incompatibilities, as even late-model PS2s had a handful of PS1 games they didn't like).

Arakune's not an easy character to learn, especially if you're not to Blazblue. Azrael on the other hand is infamous for how easy he is to play. I play Hibiki so I don't have to worry about my character being hard to play.

I get that, I'm just saying there better be more explorable areas if they charged people full price for this game.

If I'm gonna Gondola this shit up I better not be exploring the same areas I've already been to over and over.

Been emulating Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix. Goddamn I missed this game so fucking much, I love this shit. I got decent speed but it's still not as smooth as it was back when I was playing it on PS2. Anyone got any advice on how to make it smoother? Buying a new computer isn't an option.

Oh shit there are Yakuza games on PS2? I never realized that. Going to emulate them once I'm done replaying MC3.

I played JSR and I think I know why people prefer Future because this shit is fucking unresponsive, that or I'm just bad but I fling careen left and right and can't fucking move correctly what the fuck.

Just beat this yesterday. It's bullshit, but it's GOOD bullshit. I don't know if I hate myself enough to go through Bayou Billy next.

I'm going through the 3D GTA series. Finished GTA 3 recently and now on to GTA: Vice City. The nostalgia is overwhelming and I'm having genuine fun with them. Will move on to SA, IV and IV: Episodes afterwards. Not sure if I should pirate V to play through the story or just leave it out entirely.

Leave out V, it's the CoD AAA trash of the series and unless you're a /fa/ggot or motorhead you'll detest the multiplayer. I have yet to beat GTA 3 and couldn't get it running on Windows 7, haven't tested out VC on W7 either.

soulcalibur iv is still really fun.

Just where did you think Yakuza started on? The PS1, and skipped the PS2? Or that somehow the Japan only PS3 HD collection of 1 and 2 was the first? Seriously, I'm curious as to how you haven't been aware.

I don't play console shit much and has just recently found out about the Yakuza series, thought most of it were on PS3-4.

Well, the games started on the PS2 (as an aside, "Yakuza: The Wreckless Missions" has no connection), then jumped to the PS3 (with the PSP getting some spinoffs like Black Panther). Japan got the aforementioned HD collection of 1 and 2, meaning that up through Yakuza 5, the system had all the main series games, as well as a number of spinoffs. Said HD version could have served nicely out here, giving the west a chance at Yakuza 1 with Japanese audio (the original being English only out here and undub patch attempts supposedly breaking the game) and Yakuza 2 being buyable at a better price than the aftermarket at the time (for a while it was going for like $50-80, at least where I live), but Sega apparently didn't think it was worth it, so those remained PS2 only here. It took forever for Sega to be convinced to bring Yakuza 5 west, and even then only had confidence in a digital only release (not even allowing a limited print run), but now the series seems to be coming over easier again, with 0, Kiwami, and the upcoming 6 and (I assume) Kiwami 2 on the PS4. Still nothing for spinoffs aside from Dead Souls (though I've heard before that at least one of the Japan only games would never have seen the light of day here anyhow, at least without censorship).

Divinity 2 is fun! I'm playing on and off with some irl friends in act 1, but I just got to act 2 solo after playing all day. Also, about the pigs: you can cast bless on them to remove the burn and an enemy will show up that drops a good mace

Fire Emblem 12. Finished it the other day and decided to play again.
Overall it's pretty fun. Better than the recent games, at least. Shame it and Shadow Dragon got shafted so hard in that musou game.

i really like the first demon's souls and when i heard the servers were going down next year i wanted to get some good pvp going, but alas nobody plays that shit anymore except kids that accidentally go it for xmas. so fuck that i broke out my old early windows and DOS game CD and came out with Stonekeep and Lords of the Realms 2 so that will keep me occupied for awhile.

I work 11 hours a day and when I don't feel too exhausted from work I play pubg.

Im afraid my interest in video games is slowly decreasing

I tried MarioKart8 with Cemu. It is boring.

I tried running some ps2 games like initial d special stage and yakuza 2 and they work really well but i heard some games like r&c are impossible to play. At least we have hd remasters

don't play shitty games

Been going through the original Silent Hill recently. Honestly, the more I play, the less the tank controls bug me.

Also been doing my annual playthrough of LISA. God, it's still so good.

Been playing Destroy All Humans. Its fun.

I wish more hentai artists like this guy would go out of their way to replicate the original art style of whatever he's making porn of. Makes it so much hotter to me for some reason.

Actual effort is always hotter. Pretty Neighbor&! looks just like the early chapters of Yotsuba&!

Its all pretty good and fun, with a lot of new interesting content until some random hacker frames YOU and you get disavowed because you didn't hack into the Crime Database again to wipe your criminal record in the last 30 ingame minutes.
I won't blame them, as this actually makes motion sensor + selfdestruct + rainy day fund an upgrade to consider, but it comes early enough that you have to grind for a while to get it up and running.

I think it depends what series it is. Many FFVII doujins wouldn't be as hot if the artist tried to emulate the original Nomura artwork.

I didn't even notice that wasn't the original from the crop

Hollow Knight. Or at least for a few minutes. My toaster is having choppy frames running it and I don't want to ruin the experience. I love the cute art style and the gameplay is good so far.

ESO is fun, despite the judaism.
Surprisingly, being a good goy doesn't make you good at the game, and the biggest difference between a shopper and a normal user is fancy skins and the ability to purchase double xp scrolls.

Yup.
So far I find the changes to be rather nice. The increased XP is pretty much unnoticeable, it feels like I get roughly the same amount of XP as the last games. The increased movement speed is a welcome improvement too, and the increased inventory size as well.
I haven't gotten to the fourth volume yet unfortunately.

Mount and blade warband has a great battle system, but the mid-level gameplay is broken. Around level 12 with a 69 troop cap, I'm too big to catch and fight bandits or deserters, and too small to compete with trained armies. Without those options I have almost no ways to gain xp or money (except raiding villages)

Been trying to clear my steam library, just beat The Surge. As a huge Dark Souls fan I give it a solid 6/10, it's fun but all weapons are the same, there are almost no bosses, no enemy variation, or anything that made dark souls excelent.

To be fair, the scene plays out almost the same in the original, except the part where they actually rape her.

But did it FEEL like a Souls game?

i've been playing a lot of GORN recently since they finally put some content. you can equip wolverine gloves and cut people up to only be torsos with heads and still be alive, which add more fun seeing them try to move and taunting you like they're hot shit.

i should try to play more H3VR to get those new weapons like the BAR

I played Mogeko Castle. It was irredeemable shit.

There's overlap between A and B. B has new stuff. C is entirely new stuff.

I am currently having a lot of games I started but not finished.

What was wrong with it?

DDD was shit. Definitely worse than BBS. Flowmotion was nice, but doesn't make up for it.

No it fucking wasn't. It dropped it's spaghetti all over the damn place.

I actually liked the MC's dub voice in Gurumin for some reason. Drill Loli's a fun game, though there are a few things that bothered me like the one stage where you have to wait for 999 Donkey Kong barrels to explode to get a hat.

It was pointless, linear, unentertaining, and overall felt like it was centered around a mid tier forced meme. There are items to collect, but they all have no use.

I've been having the biggest vidya burnout ever. Opus Magnum was a short relief from it, but now I'm not even in the mood to play it.
My financial situation has even been improving since summer so I could even buy a proper computer, but I can't even muster up the energy to put together a good gayming puter.

looks like my condition makes me overuse the word even even

Having some pretty good fun, I love the combat in this game over the first game. I've just made it to the third chapter's large city (forget the name).
Exploration is pretty nice since the scenery is so gorgeous. My only real complaints are the fuckin gacha (and I've only got about 7 Rare Blades now too)
system and this bullshit they've pulled already 2 or 3 times now where you'll fight a boss, beat them, but then lose to said boss in the
cutscene because muh story. I hate that shit with a passion. I wish they'd just make the boss impossible to defeat if that's how they want to go about it.
Other than those two bits, I'm loving the game; there's no lack of cute girls either, which is always a plus.

Just reinstalled after having not played for well over a year (and that was on a different steam account no less).
I'm having fun, i'm just having to get through basically relearning how to play I suppose. I like playing Medic and Engineer.
I haven't touched any of the Jungle Inferno maps; I'm just playing casual.

Just mostly playing this to get the story so I can move on to Central Fiction; still trying to get halfway decent with Ragna but it isn't really happening.
I've always sucked at fighting games; even some of the CPUs towards the end of Arcade Mode on Beginner still give me some grief.
I'm tempted to just roll with Stylish mode so i won't suffer so much, but copping out like that feels like giving up
I forgot just how damn funny this game can be.

Just started playing this as well, not really far into it. It's got some nice atmosphere, and the puzzles aren't really hard so far.
I like it thought.

Got some other games I'm looking at playing once I finish (or take a break from) XC2:

Buddy of mine keeps telling me Ragna, Jin, Bullet, and Noel are all decent beginner characters.
Noel can get you forming pretty bad habits though, since most of her combos extend from her D + (A or B or C or D) + -> whatever input
So i'm focusing mostly on Ragna, played around a little with Jin and Bullet, Bullet feels kind of difficult though honestly. May try Azrael too.

god damn that's fucking cute.

I stopped playing after finishing 3.1 or 3.2 MSQ. I got burned out. I did some of the later content like the Warring Triad and such, but after putting over
320 hours of my life into it (and spending almost just as much money) I completely quit and uninstalled.
I loved the ARR and Heavensward MSQs and they all have fantastic soundtracks. I miss sexy cat sluts still.

Good luck user, you only got about another 12 days before they shut down the online shit completely. I'm just glad they boosted the fuck out of the
amount of tokens you get now. Made getting all the rewards MUCH faster. It saddens me knowing some user will pick this up for cheap next year and
will not get the full experience like I have.

waiting for this to drop in price before I pick it up myself. I only played the first two back in the day.

all three of you are fucking retarded

it is i also really liked V, despite all the flaws
I need to replay it before SCVI comes out.

Just take a break for a while until you see a game that strikes your fancy. Then when you get back into it you'll do so on your best foot forward instead of trying to paw through different games exhaustively trying to find something you like.

Take a break. Do what the other user told you. Put off playing vidya until you want to again. It's a pretty. mid-life crisis tier problem that everyone goes through at some point.

nioh's enemy variety is trash

Been playing Nioh also and not really enjoying it. Rubbish enemy variety, reused levels (2-3 missions standard + twilight mission), lots of unviable builds. Feels padded out to 4x it's actual length when it would've been fine as a shorter experience. Bosses aside (which were excellent) I liked the Surge a lot better.

I've been making levels for Doom II. It's quite interesting, learning your own capabilities.

Are you going to release a WAD? I'd play it.

Same here

Tokyo 42 would be perfect if had better camera controls but otherwise comfy to play while drinking coffee. For a sub 500mb it's really great.

Original Sins 2 has really fun combat system and a decent story. Better than the first 2 installments but I still enjoyed them but never finished them… Gamesmaster mode sounds like fun, every rpg should have it. I think neverwinter nights had it iirc

sky force reloaded is a fun bullet hell kind of game, trying to 100% it. Super comfy

Grim Dawn is nice arpg, I still prefer diablo2

Echo is fucking tough but really pretty and great gameplay and interesting story, still not finished but close.

The Long Dark… on episode 2,the bear, what a shitty and buggy game. The survival elements were designed by a fat, house bound neet. I really hate games where the main protagonist looks fit but has the fitness level of a basement dweller. The bear section is dumb as fuck so far, think I'll quit. Fuck that game.

A Hat in Time, cute, easy and will finish, super easy. Mario 64 clone, Mario 64 is better.

Oh yeah, Little Nightmares is really nice, mostly easy but really interesting. Very short but that's ok

I'll admit DDLC has a few very good high notes that are contained in the latter half of itself, and just like most VNs it bars these moments with a mountain of modicum up front, at least they made poem form and composition more interesting than talking about sandwiches while trapped in a flooded amusement park. The fact that the game's free and the three man team isn't parading the game around like the second coming of God helps too. I give it a Better than Undertale/10, but then again I think The Surge is one of the best games released in 2017 so there's something for you to argue against.

Good luck, user. I hope you don't lose motivation

yeah i've heard it's pretty short. I went ahead and picked up the DLC for it too to compensate.
Or is the DLC super short too?

Sorry user, It extends it a bit but still short

Been playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on PS4. Big mistake. Should've done more research. You can only do crazy fusion shit on PC with mods, changing lock on to the right enemy when there's three or more is terrible, locking onto a downed ally while there are many enemies is hell, and they have an online mode without stats so you can have a fair fight, but no local without stats so couch vs is always shit. They have lootbox tier bullshit where you can sacrifice two equipment pieces, and optionally an item, to make a QQ Bang that overwrites all other equipment with superior stats so you can dress up how you want. The QQ Bang you get is heavy on RNG and you can spend up to 30$ at a time to buy in game currency to buy equipment to spin the QQ Bang lotto. The DLC is overpriced as fuck. There're six DLC packs for 10$ each that are low on content. There's a 30$ season pass that only covers the first four packs.

Unfortunately so. Enemies don't get new movesets until the fourth difficulty tier, and by that point it's an optimization & grindan game more than skill.

I've played Gurumin much longer now. It's not short. If making an effort to find everything it seems pretty damned long IMO. The repetitive levels are annoying, but on the plus side repeating the same rooms actually helped me learn more of their layout and content. If I see a room get re-used in a mirrored state or with slight changes I still have a good understanding of where to find hidden things.

Only if you're also wearing the Schoolgirl outfit with the cat tail on it. Add the cat ears and with the full outfit she changes too say "NYA!" during attacks. I also got another complete outfit with the Chinese Dress + Hair Buns. The Chinese outfit makes her do kung fu shouts like "ATA". Pajamas + Night Cap makes her sound sleepy during attacks. Monkey Suit + Monkey Head makes her go "EE EEE!" during attacks.

There's a lot of neat details in it. There's a park where you can go down a slide, swing on bars, if you reach the top of the jungle gym (which is pretty difficult actually) you get a crown that discounts store items. I've got gold medals on every level so far, but I've hardly found any of the 11 hidden platinum medals that Motoro wants. I like that you can break so many things. When you step onto a healing platform Pariin's cloths temporarily dissolve in the healing light as she does a rotating+levitating pose like a magical girl anime transformation

Things I dislike most so far: The camera; sometimes when you are doing a jump the camera instantly changes position just after you have jumped and you fuck up your direction. Sometimes jumping doesn't quite work which may be related to the wonky deadzone on the joystick. Sometimes you can get moving from a stop other times it's sluggish to get moving causes fuck-ups. If I want to get moving it's best to either do a dodge start jumping. Hopping around is faster than running anyway.

Also, If I'm wholly honest, the voice acting with the Japanese audio isn't much better either. Solely in the cutscenes/conversations though, the attack cries sound fine but in cutscenes/conversations Parin doesn't sound emotive at all and it's not like that charming moe cliche where the girl sounds like she's drowsy because those types actually DO emote sometimes. There can be a scene in which Parin must be angry or frightened but the VA is barely emoting anything. Again, the attack cries in the game are fine and the other VAs are decent too, but watch any cutscene with Parin + jap audio and you will hear her using the same tone, no emotive range. I don't really play games for cutscenes, but it's just weird since the VA is perfectly capable of raising her voice as demonstrated in the attack cries.

Regardless, so far a pretty gud game with cute girl drilling the shit out of everything.

I have Nioh installed but didn't start it yet. That's sad to hear. I didn't know what to expect but was hoping for a variety of aesthetically interesting enemies based on nip folklore or something.

I finally got a new computer that can actually handle Tekken 7. I never touched a Tekken before and I have no clue what I'm doing but boy is it fun. I wish I got into the series way earlier 'cus I really like the character designs and music.

Xenoblade 2 is RPG of the generation for me. An RPG has never really sucked me into it like this one has. It makes me feel like what I imagine other people felt playing Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono Trigger back in the day, and I'm not even an impressionable retarded kid anymore. The field design and pretty much all of the mechanics are so much better than Xenoblade's; it's a lot more complicated but everything is connected in logical ways, so I still feel like I understand it better than Xenoblade's stuff. The story is a bit slower, but I like it this way. Xenoblade felt like a crazy ride I got to go on, but Xenoblade 2 feels like a world I get to be a part of.

I don't think I have anything to say about Breath of the Wild that hasn't already been said, but I've been playing it. Having to restart for Master mode has actually been a lot more enjoyable than I expected. I'm trying to limit myself on food but the rules are a little arbitrary. Basically no special effects but temperature stuff is okay, maybe. I was originally doing a low heart run, but it's just so easy to get yellow hearts and defense buffs and not even care, so now I'm doing the opposite. I also went after Ganon without doing any of the divine beasts, which was fun, but now I'm kicking myself because the new DLC requires that you do all of them. The game became a lot more fun when I realized you can parry EVERYTHING and that it actually has advantages over the dodge jump.

Finally, I got Wild World off of the Wii U eShop and I've been playing that. I had no idea how much I had missed Animal Crossing until now. Not much to say, one of my neighbors caught a 275cm tuna for the fishing tournament last week, I built a snowman… I hope the next game has online towns, 'cus I'll actually get it despite how badly they've ruined everything else. I never got to have a town with other actual players in it.

fuck I need to play gurumin.

Yeah you beat Gurumin in like 15 hours, you 100% it in lower 40s. Falcom's greatest game: Nayuta no Kiseki is very similair. The game is long but 100% it is an easy 100 hours and very challenging and fun as your abilities and equipment go from being god to being elder god.

The controls in Gurumin are lacking or maybe suck and the towns need to be fleshed out more. That and Falcom seems to be quite late to the 3D platform market, but it's a damn fun game for sure.

get out

All the spooky shit was really normalized after Sayori. I still liked it, but it would've been better if it tried harder to be normal after that scene. Once Sayori dies the game never really calms down again so the rest of it has little impact.

Reddit opinion threads used to get deleted on sight. I miss those days.

Most accurate shit I've ever seen

Holy fuck i can't escape them, i'm going to kill myself

system shock and some quake 3 arena multiplayer, man it can get lonely on there, but playing against 4-8 people is actually pretty nice. missed the boat and too cheap to try quake live atm.

Endless Space 2.

Interesting to see the difference and progress of Master of Orion's descendants. Stays with AMPLITUDE Studios distinctive flavour but I like it.

It's on sale for $30 right now on Amazon.

Oh, shit, thanks for the tip.

I have nearly 20 hours into it. I have gold medal rank on all levels and a lot of the pictures, but not many platinum medals.

I beat the end boss which was easy, saw the ending, very sad. Now I'm trying to beat the optional boss at the top of the map but I can't beat Blackbean. Once you get his health low enough you get 3 Blackbean running around doing 3 elemental attacks with a large Area of Effect which stunlocks Parin to the point of being unable to get many hits in at all. To top it off, the three Blackbean clones are only weak to one of three elements so you can either keep swapping over and over or stick with one element and try to find the one that is weak to it in a clusterfuck of unending attacks. I think I need all the platinum medals. Motoro said I would get special drill parts if I found 11 plat medals, so that probably amplifies your attack power or something. If I had something like that I could probably beat Blackbean. Right now I have to use the helmet which is upgraded to negate 65% of damage. If I got 999 junk I could upgrade it again, but that's a tall order.

I bought all the gold medal items except the Sleeping Cap. I think the last gold medal I need is obtained through the railway section at the end of a level. If you manage to kill every enemy while flying down the tracks you get a gold medal, at least that's how it was in the other level with a railway at the beginning. Hopefully there's another minigame that would give me a gold medal since obtaining the one from that railway would be really aggravating since it's one chance and if you fuck up you have to redo the whole level to get to it again.

I will probably give up on 100% completion since I already beat the end boss and saw the ending. I really doubt I can find 11 platinum medals without a guide.

Falcom games are seriously overrated.

It's fun even without friends!

Dungeon Travelers 2 and Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume.
Only thing that irks me about VP is that you can't stop attacks in the middle of chains to leave your enemies on the brink of death so that the next time you attack them you can get the most of your overkills.

Good stuff.
That did bother me as well.
Sometimes it costs me the reward you get at the end.

I still need to replay the game, because on my first run I didn't sacrifice anyone and it seems I got the shortest route because of that.

i liked it a lot but on newgame+ my game crashed every time when breaking a barrel near the start. mastiff never bothered to fix the bug so i stopped playing.

Probably one of the only games where sacrificing your allies for power really does give you more power than going "power of friendship" in the end.
I looked up a flowchart and it would seem all three routes have the same number of chapters, but maybe the number of battles in each one is different.

I did really like the idea and the gameplay.
I expected the plume to be some kind of last resort item, but rather than that it actual changes the protagonist and the ending you get.
Though the battles are pretty tough without the plume I still wish the route had been a bit longer.
Some of the fights really fuck you in the ass if you don't use the plume, especially the ones where you have to protect a character that is on the other side of the map

Syphon filter, fun 3rd person shooter. Tough, but not too unfair. Fun to hide behind cover, lean out to snipe heads. Lots of different weapons. The escort missions and missions with infinitely spawning enemies are bad. The taser is fun. Also, Logan has a very silly looking run.

I heard what some people do is to fuck themselves over by abusing the plume until they get a game over and then they use the unlocked tactics to do a 1 sacrifice run. RIP Ancel, take solace in knowing your skill is breddy damn good

Kinda bummed me you can't not sacrifice him.
But he does then serve a major purpose at the end of the run where you don't sacrifice anyone, which was bretty cool.

Wanted to play some old games after finally building a computer, so I played Psychonauts. Graphics didn't age well, but was entertaining regardless. Gameplay was basic; not finished with it yet. Just got started with the bull level.
Too bad Mr. Shitface will somehow ruin the sequel

I'll try to do the best ending the hard way, during the first run.
And good luck to you if you do end up playing through it again, user.

Thanks, and have a good time as well.
Be sure to have someone who's got a big walking range and heals I think I used the archer woman you get at the beginning for that

Thanks, I'll keep her in mind.

Psychonauts could've had some cool combat if the enemies weren't basic/broken as fuck. I've never seen a game provide you with so many interesting ways to fuck shit up, but no reason to use any of it at all.

Worms Armageddon
Still great.

Starjew Valley.
I rike it.

I've been playing a fuckton of Monster Hunter 4u and got generations last night for super cheap and I played the Monster Hunter: World demo and I really enjoyed it.

This. Main issue I have with BB is the combo and super times both being rather high. I'm not fond of games where one or both players can do fucking nothing for that long. Other than that, it's pretty fun, though that issue keeps it from ever dethroning ggxxac+r as my main fightan.
Other than that, Quake Live. Thankful I didn't have to pay for it.

Playing Grand Kingdom at the moment and the game is suprisingly fun but i am still somewhat at the beginning since all i do is either griding for exp and materials or bandwagoning the war between Valkyr and Fiel.

Space Hulk: Deathwing is f*n a year after release because I'm not getting any crashes or severe glitching.

Playing the latest build of Factorio right now, with Bob's and Yuoki's installed as well as some other assorted stuff. I wanted to try Angel's as well, but it's not updated yet.
It's just as well, though, because I only just had my first successful and complete vanilla runthrough last week after learning better fluid management practices.
I'd heard that Bob's added some complexity to the game, but holy mother of fuck. I was having trouble tangling my production lines of the ~6 fluids in the base game, and now here I am with tanks of Ammonia, Nitrogen, Chlorine, Hydrogen Chloride, Oxygen and Sulfur Dioxide, and I'm trying to work out proper pipelines and production chains to split and mix all of these to make even more of them. I don't even know what the fuck they're used for, I'm just doing industrial-scale chemistry because I can.

Feels like a job sometimes, but it's also fun as heck.

It's always sad when gameplay gets to this point. I still refuse to look at guides, but the knowledge that I could to obtain a pyrrhic victory weighs on me.

Sounds like someone is having fun.

Savor the fact you are playing better games than most, globally speaking.

Dawn of War 2 is an amazing game. At the higher difficulties, the game is both challenging and rewarding. And the story, atmosphere and visuals are great. Don't regret getting it illegally tbh.

Literally kill yourself. Have you ever read a book or seen any kind of fiction before?

Transhumanism is literally the same thing as applying godmode in a video game and wondering why you get bored afterwards.

I did manage 100% completion for A Hat in Time, but they don't give you enough rift tokens to get all the cosmetic items so you have no choice but to use cheats to spawn rift tokens for the slot machine. I still think shit is missing. After winning all the cosmetic gear you can't use slots anymore and I can't help but think there were more remixes available even though I got the completionist hat.

As a dude who played arena shooters in its heyday, 4-8 players is where you want to be if you're not doing a team objective mode. Also, Quake Live is free.

Ubishit games since I'm an awful person. Aside from a classic case of retardation, I'm playing a little Northgard, Besiege, Verdun, and I want to dip into Factorio again. Oh also there's Opus Magnum.

Rainbow Six Siege is a god tier fps. It's tactical but fast paced. Think xcom met cod/battlefield but the better parts of each came over.

If you get it, get the regular version, don't get the starter edition. That has a kike grind.

Started playing Soul Calibur 2, forgot how much damn fun it is. Feels great playing Nightmare again. I may drop this to plug my 360 back up and play 4 instead because 4 is my favorite

o-oh. Well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts I suppose.

man that all sounds so damned cute and fun.
I kind of hate I started playing Trails in the Sky over this first.

damn already? That was fast.

4U was so great in its heyday, Generations I hated because Hunter Arts made most hunts pretty trivial. Adept dodges were fun still though.
I really enjoyed the MHWorld demo too

Would you like to join my hunting hall on generations? I just started so it's low rank. But I don't mind being carried. You can use low rank weapons and armor too. Don't care.

village is really FUCKING boring in this game so far Jesus Christ.

Given the speed at which it's gone down (having been released here last month), I have to question if it's a temporary markdown for the holidays, or a permanent one that's only liable to get lower due to availability outstripping current demand at this point. Still, at current prices, that's like $7.50 per volume which certainly beats the prices the PS2 versions have seen for years up until now by a long shot (especially given the whole release format of the entries prior; "one game for the price of three" and all that). I'd just hope that the English scripts of the prior volumes simply got typography tweaks and that the new Vol.4 might have a good English script/not-phoned-in voicing, or changed VAs. Haven't heard much on those ends yet, aside from the additional lines the English PS2 version of Rebirth having been cut from the rerelease (JP fanbase got asspained back in the day about us getting more voicing, resulting in no additional line work for the western versions of Vol.2 and 3) and "IXI"/"Ichida" apparently having his cameo removed.

Sorry i'm just now seeing this, I was playing LN.
ah well, i'm pretty low rank too, but sure. Lemme dig up my 3DS. Post a room amigo, let me know what the code is.

I see i see. And yeah, when you put it like that, it is a pretty good price.

30-3998-8926-4129

Oh good! I was afraid you were gone for the night. I'll be right there amigo
do you use steam as well? I'd like to keep in touch.

I just deleted all my vidya games, since i realized i was playing none and have no interest in playing anything.

congrats you can finally escape this shithole and horrible hobby. see you tomorrow friend

Questbro, add me at Astromancer

It's just that the jump down seems pretty sudden if you ask me. There's some PS3 compilations that have continued to hold value rather well (the Ratchet and Clank one on the PS3 is still just short of the full $30 launch price where I live, and that came out over five fucking years ago), yet the G.U. PS4 one's already down 40% after two months? Not necessarily saying it's a bad thing, just questioning what's going on. Walmart seems to be following suit as well (though maybe just their website; their brick and mortar isn't known for price matching their online), while Fucking Gamestop is still at $40 preowned and Best Buy is full $50.

Paper Mario Thousand year door. It's a fun game, I liked the original on the 64 better i think because the tone is a bit better in my eyes. I've also noticed there was a lot of foot fetish shit in the beginning and it rubbed me the wrong way. Now that i'm farther I've been liking it more.

.hack is a scalper meme, the ps2 games were sold at bargain bin prices for years since nobody actually liked them compared to JRPGs with better graphics and less repetitive gameplay at the time.

Really? Or are you talking about the original 4 volume series? Because G.U was actually really good.

The art for GU is fine but the story is just trash.

That's pretty poor justification for wasting your time on ESO

Call of Pripyat has a lot of atmosphere. I look forward to completing it, and then start modding it. It's fun, scary, tiresome, and I every day I can't wait to get back to it. Today, I'm going to Pripyat through the tunnels. Got stuck last time, because I didn't have enough money to pay the guide to get me back to Yanov so I could buy the final upgrades. Fuck that tunnel though. Beard is cool. And I have Strelok's gun now. And I haven't met a single psuedogiant. Man, I have so much money, I'll just spend it all on upgrades, and then I'll go find artifacts to sell to beard through his mission stuff.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is pretty baller.

You'll find that, it's just that some get reused a lot.

user, I'm sorry to tell you this but Bethesda has made some changes to Quake Live

Why is Outrun 2 SP included as its own game mode? This is very confusing.

DMC4, nu Doom (sorry), doom mods, Bayonetta, hollow knight, and sonic mania

Don't be such a fucking cuck.

Almost finished Automata.
Just found out that the sisters are programmed to always feel guilt over the sister models who failed the Gestalt project.
>tfw they can never escape the guilt and it will constantly weigh them down, removing the free will the androids are supposed to have over the robots.
Dead kids and protagonists couldn't get a raise outta me but condemning the sisters like that, yeah that makes me angry Taro.

Allright

Need closure. Yet to go over the limits in this game.

You are such a fag

Nothing to be sorry about. NuDoom was really fucking good. At least the single player was.

Same I beat it once and dropped it because the **gameplay is total FUCKING trash you redditfag*i

hah.

nice trips

___;)

Assassin's creed origins.
Quick rundown:
So I haven't beaten it yet so I don't know the entirety of the propaganda angle so bear with me. So far it WUZ the jews that were KANGZ and ebil whitey and darkie dat be oppreshun dem. The protagonists rally around cleopatra as their true leader of egypt but i'm sure she'll backstab them later in the story.

As for gameplay the fighting mechanics are pretty solid, that's about it. Just lots of sand and the few iconic landmarks of old egypt, also speaking of which, apparently according to the game many of the ruins are actually ancient in relation to that time period, ya know, (((ancient aliens)))

anyways I'm 20 hours in, about 45 percent completion, this is considering the game forces you to complete many side quests to gain the level you need to complete the main quests, yet if you are a good gamer you can easily beat enemies 3-4 levels above your own.
The boss fights are sort of epic but nothing you haven't seen before. As for the rest of the game it's mostly an appeal to altruism and whole lot of repetitive kill this kill that.

tl;dr

5/10 Sand, fake history, and muh strong womyn.

You are what is wrong with this world.

Oh right. My memory is shit, sometimes I get mixed up.

Warriors All Stars

still wish there was a Monster Rancher character in the game

Way of the samurai 3. I'm having fun playing it and surprised at the types of shit you can do such as unsheathing your sword in a middle of a cutscene and having the npc going into flight or fight. Hope 4 is just as good as this one.

A friend of mine gifted me star wars empire at war yesterday for my birthday, i plan on playing it later today after work, any advice?

Stubbs the Zombie, custom campaigns from Hotline Miami 2 (Miami Holocaust is amazing) and Starcraft 2.

I like the co-op mode on SC2 but really miss the variety of custom maps from WC3, the RTS zombie games where your units would turn if killed was always a ton of fun. Don't even play the regular game at all and bought Stukov due to infested Terrans.

playing both persona3 and 4 at the same time p3 has some of the lowest budget 2d animation i've ever seen in games.

almost every person i meet in 4 are horrible people

this wasn't meant to be a reply

I thought that too. Keep playing your same save file. You're not even close to being done.

I wonder how they get the game to recognize the strokes you make. At the end of the day, it's recognized through math, so I what are the equations that determined if I drew a loop, curve or a line?

remember to stream it, faggot.

I played Ys I and beat it in one long sitting. I really couldn't decide on using the Complete or Chronicles art throughout. Often Chronicles art would look better for the contrast while Complete art was washed out but had a more 90s anime aesthetic. The Chronicles art would often make characters look younger as well which, depending on the character, either worked or didn't. I also had to pick between the Complete and Chronicles music. I mostly liked the Complete version of the music, but occasionally the Chronicles would sound really good. The final boss is a fucking faggot, bouncing around the screen and destroying whatever you're standing on when you hit him while requiring so many hits and shooting fireballs everywhere constantly, My god, what a prick. The demon that turns into a huge swarm of bats was no picnic either. And all this was on Normal difficulty so the tryhards on Nightmare difficulty must have been really sweating from this shit.

Dunno what the fuss is about the Ys series. For some reason Ys I kept making me think back to Alundra which IMO has more content. Maybe I'll play Ys II. (or finish Alundra)

I tried Examina. I had an older version downloaded, but never installed it so I got a later version and gave it a go. I'm really not good at the combat. My character has a perk that allows you to do two swings back and forth, but it doesn't seem to be working. The devs talked up the AI in the description of the game, but the AI is honestly retarded. The easiest tactic for survival is to get an aggro enemy to hit a non-aggro so they'll start fighting and hope the aggressive one is killed in the fight. I can't find armor so I usually put a chair, bucket or a ladder over my character and just hope it blocks attacks. The most I got was a shirt, vest, jacket, pants, boots and I managed to find one key to the a prison section which didn't really contain anything of interest other than a jacket which was very slightly better than the one I had, but was aesthetically inferior. I like using the torch with a one-handed weapon so II can actually see around. But, when I find a shield and make the secondary equip shield + one-handed weapon I have a hell of a time switching to that second equip with the shield when I'm being chased and forced into combat. As far as I can tell you have to come to a full stop, hit R, then wait for your asshole character to change equip, all while some maniac is chasing you down at top speed. Kinda ridiculous. I can't help but think this game would be much better if the combat worked more traditionally instead of using Goat Simulator meme physics (even if it does add a level of uncertainty and sometimes humorous outcomes).

I tried this game, but it really bored me. I only did two missions though. It was basically, go here, shoot a few ships, cowardly warp away before reinforcements arrive to fuck you up. The last space game I played was X:Rebirth and you can only imagine how disappointing that was.

Artillery is orgasmic. Even with 0 upgrades you just park it somewhere and let it clean shop while you do something else, or use the remote and enjoy the manual precision fire from literally half across the map. I can't wait to get a few levels in range upgrades and never see a Biter's face ever again.

There's so much to learn here that you have to be a masochist or younger and more talented than I am to get all of it, and I always fail at least one out of antiairs, real pressure and matchup knowledge/proper footsies because none of that is autopilot for me yet and I can't focus on more than one thing at a time. Still very fun, even though lag's a thing and YRC can be pretty degenerate at times I'm used to games with much more shitty mechanics.

I'm playing through Riven right now. I think I know where I'm supposed to go, but I'm just running in circles right now because I don't actually know how to get there.

I played Getting Over It after witnessing the noise about it. I enjoy the fuckery of it, heard it gets into a lot of peoples' heads but I just like seeing what can be done with momentum, and yes, it is basically a LOL PHYSICS foddy-tier thing but it seems like a bit more than a copycat thing to me. Maybe it's just because I miss climb map servers, and that probably accounts for about 11 people on the internet, so it's probably not for most.

I mean, I know it's a literal outright copycat but it has its own thing and feels like a functional video game. Sort of like how I like SUPERHOT for all the after story shit and just turn off the narrator at a point. There's meat beyond what seems like either intentional or unintentional piss-taking.

I stopped after the lantern on the wall bit. Your hammer is too long to fit in there horizontally which makes it harder than it should be

nice

Update: Just completed everything. Was super fun!

Surprisingly decent, probably the first game Arkane's made that genuinely fits the description of an immersive sim. Getting the psionic abilities really opens things up, although magically spawning Phantoms off-screen at scripted points is getting annoying. It also runs better at high settings than low settings, for whatever reason.

I probably should have jumped straight into Veteran instead of starting with Experienced, since I already almost have the 1cc after playing for a day, but I may as well push onwards before moving up. Watching enemies collapse into voxels is really satisfying, I might go back and try Resogun once I'm done with this.

Xenoblade Cnronicles. Just finished saving that stupid little brown kid with the buggy. The combat is really keeping me from continue playing it.

Also, playing BF4 online. Now, that I've beaten GTA V I'm just cruising looking for big jumps to record & share. It's cool that the last Xbox One update let's you record clips for up to 10 mins. on your hdd or up to an hour on an external.

Was surprised by this game when Ted Kaczynski and his gorilla partner proceeded to hack, bomb and kill everyone in sight.

This is the reason why I posted. I ignored almost everything about it. Felt it to be hipster trash shit that just irritated me and the fans pissed me off as much as fans of Five Nights at Freddy's and Rick & Morty. Then, it went on sale and I was like 'fuck it, worst case scenario, I'll refund it, time to see this shit first hand'. And I started playing and damn. I can see why people were fucking raving about this game now.