forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3d-mod.56631/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lives-injury.52287/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/chads-furniture-and-more-mod.57562/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tml-gog-patcher-beta.50413/
github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/releases/tag/3.10.17116.209
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/large-world-enabler.47751/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Still trying to beat Expert mode on Hardcore. Don't you love when you've just spent hours unlocking hardmode, you're farming souls in the underworld, and a demon drops a Guide Doll on a shallow stream of lava from a dead lava slime, spawns the Wall of Flesh, and then ruins your game?

I think I'm going to switch to small worlds for a while, large worlds just have too much investment.

That's some dedication, user. I tried Hardcore and got as far as Plantera on standard mode before I gave up. It was really fun but I'm just not willing to invest so much time and effort a second time.

LOL

AYO HOL UP

!

Those are big doors.

Is that your attempt to make a 3D house?

wait, what? is that a mod or something?

Could work if done well.

Yeah.
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3d-mod.56631/

Was trying out the 3D Mod that mentioned, it's an admirable attempt but needs a bit more work.

How badly does this tank your framerate?

Looks way too confusing, if there were to be a terraria in 3d, it'd have to be like DQ Builders.

When/if Terraria 2 comes out, 2.5D would look cool. But, the sprite art means lower-spec systems can run it. And maybe dropping sprites for line-art would be better.

How did you make that step-ladder that leads to the basement?

It's probably from another mod. Those aren't exactly normal NPCs.

Whew, 9 hours to kill the Wall of Flesh this time. I think I always spend too much time fishing to prepare a mineral supply for hardmode.

I don't get it
why do people still play this game?
You do the grind, you finish it, you beat the bosses, you're done.

Autism and building stuff.

Don't forget mods that add more bosses and more blocks.

The what now?

What? Also grind is minimized once you learn the mechanics.

I shouldn't have asked.

What's the level mod you're using?

saved

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/
Same one that /tg/ server had before the host fucking vanished forever, he didn't even leave us the last version of the map to download.

Anybody got a hash for the latest version? Not buying the game twice.

work in progress

shota isn't gay

Straight shota is not. Just shota is hella gay.

But it's not. It's completely different.

Nice argument there, faggot.

These fucking butterflies.

Traps, however, are gay.

And there I was wasting time with the the corruptor staff, but jesus, that just seems broken
>Butterfly Staff makes 40dmg
That's just unbalanced. I'll get mine. Also, I really hate Tremor's wiki page, it's really undocumented compared to the rest.

Sure, but that doesn't mean shotas on themselves are not gay. They are gay, the only way they are not gay is if they are fucking a loli or a milf.

Also, here, have an archive to the last thread.

You must at least concede that shotas are LESS gay than traps.

I have yet to see a golden butterfly or golden mouse.

I wish I had some idea what the fuck I was doing.

What's a good structure for killing Mothra?

I don't know if this is a good idea or not or should I go a bit more minimalistic? I think its too big for what I going to do as well.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Now you can extractinate twice as fast.

(Checked)
It looks cool. Like some ancient pagan god.

I'm still stuck in the bronze age. Does it get easier as you progress? I may have fucked myself choosing hardcore for the first time.

I haven't even fought the eye yet.

Try this mod:
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lives-injury.52287/
It basically just makes you a hardcore character with 3 lives. It's slightly more forgiving than pure hardcore, but still gives you the hardcore fear of death. But I think you may have to restart your character for it, since it says it only works for softcore/mediumcore characters.

It's really easy to die in this game. If you want challenge without the frustration, go soft/medium Expert.

SANADA CLAN STRONK.

Cheeky cunt

I'm playing around replicating one of rulick's builds in order to get a feel for his style.
I think I like it. It's not as difficult as it first looks.

Which Twin do you usually kill first? Last time I tried killing the laser eye first and it didn't end so well. The cursed flame eye is so hard to dodge.

If you take the cursed flame one into his second stage he becomes easier since his attacks become short range.

It looks alright, but why's with the mix of red and blue? I think it's a bit much.

Pretty sure some temples and shrines do that as well.

Because when it's painted up correctly it looks like this.

Of course, paint. Lookin' good, man.

Maybe try to make more of a kabuto helmet shape, though it would have to start lower. I think the sanada emblem is a bit too big in relation to the rest. The antlers look cool otherwise.

I think so too. It's sort of a resolution problem with trying to pixel art in Terraria. If you try to get things to scale then they end up huge.
I'm going to have to rethink this.

Snek is cute.

Huh?

Experience and Classes mod

Yew wood is pretty nice

I've played vanilla Terraria to death Pic related. Any suggestions for mods that change things up a bit?

Kill me

Which looks better the top row or the bottom row?

That's a pretty nice setup. Perfect example of how to get away from floating prisons.

I'm playing with the Thorium, Spirit, Calamity and Tremor mods as some fags suggested last thread. There's so much content it's like discovering the game all over again. The mods clash a little bit, and there's definitely some bloat, but it's easy to ignore when you look at all the unique bosses, biomes, NPCs and items they add.

If those are supposed to be cookies then I'd say bottom row looks best.

What mod are those windows from?

In the meantime of trying to figure out how I should make the Sanada shrine/chapel I decided to redo the dojo and teahouse.

Someone post some nice commieblocks. Does housing need to be rectangular?

Chad's Furniture
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/chads-furniture-and-more-mod.57562/

Who?

Not…exactly.

Well, Chad actually made something pretty amazing yet again.

1st pic related

Be warned the mod gets fucky sometimes and requires you to delete the mod and redownload it

There are a ton of ways to play through, especially with mods. Every time I finish a run, I learn about some new thing I missed before that I'd like to try.

Calamity and Thorium are easily the best content mods. Thorium is a super polished expansion that fits so well into the base game design- and balance-wise that it's easy to forget what's vanilla and what isn't. Calamity deviates a bit more and has its own distinct style, and both gear and bosses tend to outclass vanilla and Thorium. Both add post-Moon Lord content, but Calamity in particular adds a LOT, to the point that after ML you've still got a solid 20% of the game to go. I enjoy stacking content mods, but some people hate it - it's up to you. It will throw the balance off, but I'd say it's outweighed by the fun of finding cool synergies and just having so much more good stuff in the game. Makes for a million ways to play.
Tremor is unbalanced, buggy, and bloated - I wouldn't bother with it if I were you. Spirit isn't as bad as Tremor, but it's a clear notch below Thorium and Calamity. I had a couple of playthroughs with it, but ultimately decided that it does more harm than good and uninstalled.

Other good QoL and lesser content mods:
A bit of a grab-bag of content. Primarily adds two NPCs that sell boss and event summon items, but also adds a wide variety of miscellaneous gear - a non-consumable spawn rate multiplier for farming, an instant hellevator builder, enchantments that let you use armor set bonuses as accessories, a large amount of absurdly powerful endgame accessories that take a ton of autism to get, and a bunch of other interesting stuff.
Exactly what it says on the tin: adds a dedicated slot for wings. I like it, I feel like it should have been the case in vanilla, but some people consider it cheaty.
A system of storage units that lets you compress all your chests into a single expanded storage inventory and craft directly from it.
Causes your character to passively hold out items at the ready; it works very well for vanilla items and most mod items and can be toggled. Also adds a number of weapons, including a fists/gauntlets melee sub-class, a hook crafted from Rod of Discord that binds it to your grapple key, and a number of miscellaneous other useful weapons and items.
Adds three post-Eye NPCs that sell vanilla and modded buff potions, common crafting ingredients, gemstones, and various other things. A fourth comes in Hardmode that sells convenient (though less cost-effective) buff combinations. Also adds a few items here and there, most notably an absurdly overpowered upgrade to Crystal Bullets made with the Autohammer.
Never talk to your guide again with this straight upgrade that is slowly but surely compressing as much wiki information as possible into a toggleable ingame overlay that contains recipes and a bestiary with item drops.
A nice overlay that lists bosses in a toggleable overlay, as well as outlining the basics of how to summon them. Especially useful for playing with mods you don't know.
Adds a number of fun naturally generated structures. They look great and fit wonderfully into the game, and some contain nice loot.

There are plenty more, too. More worldgen, level mods, RPG mods, mods that make the game way harder or way easier. Just click around the mod browser or the forums.

What are the blocks in that fourth pic suppose to be?

OUT

Rugs. You can place them on top of any block to function as, well, rugs.

I've seen that same commie block structure somewhere else.

I'm beginning to get a feel for this shrine.
The helmet will return in a different form.

It has the structure of a commieblock.

It is an unfinished building with only the most basic fucking structure finished. I'm not just going to put basic furniture in and be done with it, it's going to have tables, chairs, possibly wallpaper, a bathroom, etc. If I were to build a commie block it would be shapes like a prison and most certainly wouldn't have fireplaces.
I'm also going to wire it up with light switches for each room once I get the mechanic.

Which furniture item would make a good donation box?

It's a commie block because the rooms are vertical to each other, and are the same width and height.

THERE IS NO ROOF YET YOU GOD DAMNED ANIMALS.

It's a commieblock and it's shit. Learn to build, fag.

I wouldn't say it's shit, but it is definitively a commie block roof or not.

Are you happy now you nigger? I made one room bigger and added a small one that should become the bathroom eventually. I even added little corners two the upper rooms because "oy vey rectangles are commie".

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
Call in the next 30 minutes and receive an attic absolutely FREE!

A wood beam or a fence pillar would look good here.

I was actually planning on putting a beam there when I got around to finishing the basic structure. But right now I need to tend to yet another fucking blood moon.

Oh yeah I got tired of those too so I moved the dryad near by for asshole patrol.

GOD DAMN IT!

One of the music boxes.

It figures that yew wood say something like that.

Remember that item wall mounts and mannequins can and will eat most mod equipment, keep all mod items away from these monsters.

This is why I don't do mods.

Mods are great- albeit basically gambling to get the "ideal" mod for each weapon. (you keep pulling until you can proudly say you have a Legendary whatever)
I do agree however that forged gear should not come with mods unless you have specific gear/anvils (or at least, prevent the negative ones), or you can pay the goblin more to increase the odds of the better ones, or even pay over the odds for specific ones.

Learn to love mathmatical laying out.
And abusing platforms & slopes.

I think putting a sign under it will also make it hang, which is kind of cute & cozy.

>>>Holla Forums

At least your house doesn't look as bad as mine.

>>>/cuckchan/

why do you guys play this stupid 2d minecraft clone?

This is why I love this game. You start out huddling in a dark hovel in the middle of the night and by the end you are fucking up a cosmic horror while riding on the back of a flying reindeer or a pigdragonshark.

I'm sorry, in what world is it that you think newfag Holla Forums shit is somehow an 8ch feature? I do realize that Mark the newfag came here and brought his tired forced memes that had already driven half/v/ into the ground with him, but that doesn't mean the whole site has to be that way.

If I wasn't busy checking your repeating integers I'd answer you.

It has more depth and better features than Minecraft. I wish that Minecraft were more like Terraria.

I'm most of the way through pre-hardmode, and i still haven't built a single home. I'm having trouble thinking how I'm going to build everything. I want to build things on the ground, but everything will get in the way during invasions. What should I do?

That's why I just make a tower of NPC houses. Minimal invasion, and can functional as a useful barrier.. Only problem I've found is dealing with eclipses when Mothra starts showing up.

I'd like to try out some sort of bunker complex some time, but I see no way to prevent wall-phasing enemies from dropping down into it and killing all my NPCs.

If you build it deep enough then you won't have to worry about that.

They'll still fall through whatever you're using as a door, won't they? What's the solution, a big chunk of actuated blocks, or waiting to unlock the Steampunker for a teleporter?

Correct.

Checked.

So how exactly are you supposed to end a goblin army invasion if you die on Mediumcore? Seems like I should have kept a chest of recall potions at my secondary spawn so that I could move back and forth when things get hairy. Didn't think to do that and now I can't grab my stuff fast enough to escape my spawn point.

You keep several backups of your shit, ideally next to your spawn.

You don't play tediumcore.

Jesus Christ I thought I'd try out a Mediumcore game for once to maybe practice the stuff I never survive Hardcore long enough to try much, but it seems I've gotten into an impossible-to-recover scenario here.

I did it worse, with Pirates

Whew, so one of my NPCs killed a head goblin in my housing tower and it dropped a Shadowflame Knife. Tried climbing my tower for once to escape all the sorcerers when I spawn, and the knife let me kill them all and grab my stuff and run to safety!

Made a few adjustments, still not sure of what to use as a roof.

If you build far enough below the surface you won't have to worry about phasing monsters at all other than the odd pigron and ghosts during Halloween.
You can also try to build a gap all the way around your house since phasing creatures aren't all that competent with their phasing abilities.

You could always wait until the traveling merchant arrives and buy some shingles from him. Ebonwood works too.

You could also try this.

I'm not following this gap concept.

Whatever size this gap actually needs to be, it's gigantic.

Thinkness of solid wall, I mean.

Okay it seems to me that no amount of wall can prevent a phasing enemy from sinking to your level. If the enemy has spawned, it'll drop down to you.

Something I threw together quickly for friends to play on. Feels like the style is going in the right direction. Terraria 2 WHEN.

It's too bad phasing enemies aren't harmed by lava.

Phasing enemies don't have unlimited flight. They basically have pixie AI with limited no-clip. If they don't have a block to support them they sink to the ground.

It's not the drop it's the rising you're trying to prevent. Really the gap only needs to be under the house instead of all the way around like I drew. As long as they don't have a block to climb up they can never get to you or the NPCs. That dogleg round about tunnel I drew is to simple lead any following wraiths to the base of your house so they wont drop in. With 3 NPCs in your house they will completely suppress all non event enemies anyway unless a blood moon is going on.
You can build a perfectly wraith/reaper proof house on the surface by just suspending your house 6 or 7 blocks above ground. And if you build well below 0 depth wraith and reapers won't spawn anyway.

OH GOD I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE

Right, I know about the rising part. It's why I always make little cavities underneath my buildings for them to fall into. It seems a shallow bunker is out of the question after all, sadly.

I'm surprised there still isn't a way to block Wraiths. Would be cool if platinum or some of the hardmode ores blocked their path.

Build off the ground.

They need to implement ghost bricks made from specter bars that block phase faggots.

What's the point if you'd have to be raped by wraiths for most of hard mode? Specter is post-Plantera.

Well hallowed bricks then. Both of those need their own brick type anyway.
Do other people really have that much problems with wraiths? They seemed cease being much of an issue for me around 1.3.

Every single blood moon and eclipse.

I can't remember the last time I put NPCs or storage under ground though for that reason.

Yeah those are pretty rough. Thankfully they did change it to where reapers don't spawn in the early hardmode versions any more. Even then I only usually loose the guys right on the ground floor so I'm mindful to house my NPCs on their level of importance and difficulty of respawn. So the Guide dies a lot and Ponkers stays safely in the sky below wyvern altitude.

Has anyone else completed their music box collection? I'm about 4 away.
I think I'm going to build a record store or something once 1.3.6 drops.

I still don't have a consistent strategy for the Twins. I really hate cheesing, but I feel like I need to place the Nurse at a warp point and move back and forth between the battle area curing inferno debuff constantly. Once I defeat the flame eye the other one is easy, but I just can't do that on a consistent basis. My arena is just a set of five planks in balloon jumping height like I've used for other bosses and I don't know how it could be made better. Anyone have any tips for Expert Twins?

I usually use some gravitation potions, and shoot at it with a Daedalus Stormbow/Holy arrow combo.

That sounds incredibly confusing. I stopped using a Stormbow for the eyes because it was too hard to control which one died first and to keep them both out of danger mode at the same time. I use a Megashark to focus on just one at a time now. On Crimson worlds I alternate between casting ichor and attacking with Light Discs.

Golden platforms are annoyingly rare.

If you're using a megashark, then be sure you're using crystal bullets. Especially when they're dashing towards you, they'll run right into the bullet shards.

But yeah, using gravitation potions in combat can be disorienting at first. That's why I typically only switch before I reach the low gravity part of the sky, and when I'm closing in on the ground. I just find it easier to go fast enough to escape the Twins when I'm falling than when I'm running.

Also don't forget food and potion buffs. They may seem small, but every little bit helps. And if you find heart statues, place them in key locations where you can get to it easily. Sometimes the handful of hearts it makes can save your life, even up to the Moonlord.

Make a flat place on the ground or a flat elevated platform and get a unicorn or maybe a basilisk. Really a best mount would be a pigron.
Also I'm a big supporter of Frost armor. And use minions and maybe some sentries.

Movement, movement, movement.
I remember the shield of Chtulu or whatever was useful, dashing allows you to dodge and to move just a bit more where you need to go.
Movement is life, stillness is death.

I drink up as many potions as I can, and shield of cthulu is basically my single most used item in all of expert mode, kept equipped at basically all times until Tabis become available. Aerial acceleration is incredibly useful all over the place.

I'm not sure I understand this post.

If anyone is interested, I'm thinking of starting up a dedicated with Thorium and extra large worlds.

I always use Frost amor and minions and sentries just dish out a small bit of extra damage to speed things up (when they aren't canceling the damage of something else anyway). I usually have a Pigron as well, but I frankly don't think it's fast enough to be helpful. The instant acceleration of shield of cthulu is more useful to me than a mount's raw speed, and trying to do both at once (dash then mouth for instant top mount speed) is asking for dexterity that's pretty tough during a boss battle. My problem really is dodging that cursed flame eye.

Are you wearing a frozen turtle shell?

You know I don't think I've ever actually had one of those drop for me. Are they actually worth grinding for?

They can absolutely save your ass. You'll probably want to make an arena in the underground snow. Just clear out the screen and elevate yourself to where the floor is just off screen. Then just water candle and battle potion up and activate your minions. You'll get plenty of ice mimic items in the time of it too.

On the offensive side of things try out a a shadowflame bow combined with a flask of cursed flame and your frost armor to double up the pain.

Calamity mod is a large content mod with gear that's generally stronger than vanilla and bosses that are generally harder. Calamity adds an upgrade to Expert Mode called Revengeance Mode that makes a number of changes - you deal and take more damage, enemies drops five times the money, bosses have better AI and stats, and - notably - talking to the nurse during a boss fight kills you.

Yey.

Mother of God, how do you fucking

At least with Leviathan you can learn timing and dodge shots, but these worm niggers are on you like a monkey on a cupcake no matter how sanic you are, not to mention they spit so much shit up on the screen there's actual physical in-game slowdown. Someone save me

They can't catch up to you and they have poor accuracy as they're chasing you. A gravity potion should be enough to just constantly outrun them and rarely get hit. Once you get the hang of if you'll be extremely surprised at how easy they are. Runways may make you go too fast in comparison.

You wanna know real cheese though? Get your hp regen as high as you can and then take sand falling damage. There is a limit of how many times you can get hit per tick.

Wow, finally gave gravitation potion a try, never got hit by a single cursed flame attack. I can't believe how effective this is. The laser eye is a bit trickier to dodge while falling and it doesn't really keep up with you for easy shooting, but that one can be handled on its own on the ground easily enough. Looks like I don't need to worry about the Twins ever again.

Anyone ever had this happen? Made another character and it didn't happen again.

World spawn can get strange sometimes.

I died during the queen bee fight. How to I get it to come back again? I go back the the hive and nothing is there.

Either find another hive, or make her boss item.

How do you pause the game? What is at the end of the dungeon with all the skeletons in it?

Press Esc and turn autopause on. There is no end to the Dungeon, sadly. The reward is whatever you find in the unlockable chests strewn throughout it.

Also freeing the Mechanic. The Mechanic is single best reward for accessing the Dungeon in my opinion.

World gen in general's usually pretty shit. It seems to despise me for some reason though. I once got a corrupted world back before you couldn't choose and not only was the corruption in the middle of the jungle. All fucking 3 of them were overlapping each other so the entirely of the surface wasn't even jungle. Outside of that it just needs larger maps and biomes in general. Crossing a desert should feel like crossing a desert. Instead it's a short walk. This is made worse when I actually like a biome and want to live in it like the arctic. I actually had to go into map editor to make a larger arctic biome just so I would feel like I was in an arctic region just so my settlement didn't encapsulate the entire region.

Things like that are why I always use a map viewer to do a sanity check on things before I commit to it.

Fuck I'm over the shitty generation. I'm just editing things the way I want them now. I'm tired of beaches that food a quarter of the surface or completely buried dungeon. Plus I can now make an entire world arctic or something. If anybody wants something unique like that just ask, I'm having fun with the editor also how do you add/remove liquids?

Just check any option with 'liquid'' in its name.

JUST

What's a good one? I'm looking for full sets the 3 types of dungeon furniture and getting the rarer pieces are a huge pain in the ass. I've not yet seen a blue tub.

Fighting like this is more fun than it should be.
I got part 1 of the waifu stone for this character, truly the best Calamity mod accessory.

EVERY OTHER NIGHT BLOOD MOON

Regular dickings, every hour on the hour.

Just want to say, thanks for that writeup!

A guy here was doing something that I think was working for people, but he's been gone for a few months and it's outdated.
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tml-gog-patcher-beta.50413/
So ironically, piracy wins yet again.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8211e61de3295ef738722de2f08cf93f75f024b9&dn=Terraria_v1.3.5.3_setup.exe&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969

I use Tedit: github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/releases/tag/3.10.17116.209
If you have terraria installed somewhere other than the C drive, or have problems with textures not showing up, go to Tedit's folder and edit the settings.xml
Search for D:\Dev\CODE\Terraria\Content→ and change it to E:\Games\Terraria v1.3.5.3 or whatever is applicable

Note that tmod worlds and players are in their own folder separate from vanilla worlds and players.

I'm trying out an expert world for the first with a new character and hot damn am I bad. Without the space armor + space gun I would be dead in the water. Trying to beat the skeleton boss sucks man.

*for the first time, god damn I'm acting stupid

I usually get molten gear/Demon Scythe before fighting Skeletron.

Make frost arrows or if you have a lot of time a starcannon.

Curious how you handle the Eye.

Are there any christmas events going on in terraria?

Presents drop from enemies and various zombies, rabbits, and slimes are Christmas themed. Presents contain Christmas themed food, food shaped potions, vanity items, a few bits of Christmas gear, and building materials.

So I thought Terraria was on XNA for the longest time, and it was, but at some point they moved to FNA? Obviously for the sake of compatibility and stuff. Any details about that?

you can get a summon to start a big chrissy event where you fight a shitton of monsters

Don't open all your presents in pre hardmode. Once you get to hardmode the presents can drop a snow globe that lets you summon and fight another Christmas themed event. Make sure to have an extra house for Santa.
Oh and the Traveling Merchant randomly sells 5 Christmas paintings too.

After finally measuring and figuring out how big this shit needed to be, I have finished building a modified re-creation of the arena I had built on the /tg/ server before the host fucking died.

I had to fight the king slime and the eye at the same time thanks to random events, I just kept them at an arms length and shot them with space gun while abusing nurse one or two times.

How? The Eye becomes too fast on Expert when its health gets low and it starts the zigzagging attacks.

Solar Eclipses piss me off since they just happen every 3-4 days and it basically means I have to sit around doing nothing for 10 minutes while one minion kills everything. I want to build bases, damnit.
I got a sundial, but I'm not even allowed to use it often enough.

I finally figured out where I'm going with this shrine. Seeing some examples has really helped.
It's a pity that Terraria doesn't have a good selection of orange red paint or metallic paint for that matter,

Those staircases and supports are on point

Well at that point I was probably cheesing it with nurse tbh.

I think I've basically got it. I 'm going to add some greenery in the background but I generally like how this has turned out. I had originally intended to make it a two storied shrine but that was before I elevated the whole building.
What else does it need?

Overall it looks nice, but that space in between the two buildings pokes my autism something fierce.

Yeah me too but I'm not sure what to put there without over cluttering it.

Could you potentially build something behind the shrine? Use some fancy trickery to make some kind of statue?

Wait what?
Not only has it been this long, but these games came out together?

Cosmolite and the Rain Stone are some of the better mod items for this reason.
That solutions mod is another example of something that should be in the main game, big quality of life improvements to building and reducing the cancer of RNG.

What does it add to the game?

woah

This is one of the straightest things I've seen on Holla Forums all day.

One time on some Holla Forums terraria thread I secretely spawned a bunch of events a bunch of times then I picked up the shekels of the fallen anons.

More solutions and accessories for the Clentaminator and the mod added sub-versions, most notably ways to fill in those holes where monsters are always getting stuck spawning when you're building a farm or arena for invasions and making them die slower. There are solutions for water, lava, jungle, and other things like that.

It also adds recipes for crafting ore solutions if you feel like it.
You can also make infinite ammo solutions by combining 4 stacks, including for ore solutions. Good luck getting enough of the rarer ores for that, though.

Bumping with building progress, I am worried that if I start hardmode my jungle will be swallowed up by the corruption literally right in the fucking middle of it, or that my main housing area will be potentially in the path of either the corruption wave or the hallow wave.

My entire world is corrupted and hallowed because I didn't bother cleaning it.

I got my little sister to play this game today in an attempt to make her move away from Minecraft. She seems to like it, and hell, it's the first time she's tried playing a game with a keyboard without throwing an autistic fit.
What should I suggest her play after this? She only wants to play stuff that's similar to stuff she already knows, and all she knows is Minecraft and Animal Crossing.

Your little sister sounds like my failure of a 15 year old little brother.
Hope she doesn't find out about ASSFAGGOTS, and since she has liked animal crossing introduce her to some other good nintendo games. Try luigi's mansion, pokemon mystery dungeon.

Start isolating it before you jump into hardmode

Slow and steady user, move her towards similar stuff that has building in it but slowly move towards things with more variety to them but maintain the same stuff shes familiar with
She's not immediately going to drop everything for Dwarf Fortress but you can at least widen her variety in games so that maybe one day she might
It also might prove to be a good bonding experience if you both get into the same sort of game

Get her DQ Builders. It might even get her into the main series.
Just make sure that she builds plenty of shields for the first town because the Golem can wreck shit.

Is that a picture of her?

>Hey guys my siblings only do a little bit of weed and lsd. How do I get them hooked on the good stuff?

Faggot, she plays Minecraft for 8 hours a day, and when she's not playing it, she's watching some faggot cunt play it on jewtube. I'd rather she at least play more varied vidya.

I wish

That's actually a pretty good idea. I've seen bits of this game but forgot it existed. I'll have to look into that. Thanks, user.

I've tried to get her into Mario, both 2d and 3d, and she wasn't buying it. She got 20 stars into Mario 64 and gave up as it was too hard.
Might actually try that, though she might think it's too confusing.

It's what I'm doing user.

You shouldn't have kept that map.
Jungle is fucked now.
At best, you can try to replace the corruption with hallow, since hallow doesn't spread.
Otherwise? You're fucked.

Remember: before investing in a world make sure that the jungle is away from corruption/crimson and to plant a seed of hallow at each side, as a prevention measure.

Goddamn I always underestimate how dangerous Black Recluses are when I'm trying to upgrade my summoning powers in early hardmode. Those fuckers will kill you in 3 hits with 40+ armor.

Think this might have been one of my fastest times to hardmode yet. RIP in piss brave warrior.

I thought it's an abstract Loss.jpg

I started building some more decent looking houses for some NPCs on the surface.
And I got a LOT of remodeling to do.

Is that the Cathedral of "Fuck Betsy"?

Yes.

I'll just use the solutions mod to re-jungle the place when I get to it.

my fucking head looking at this

DO NOT!

Is this loss?

I wish they would do something else with the desert some day. By the time you can mine desert fossils (and can survive ant lions) you have no need for the materials obtained from them. Same goes for Mandible Sword. Fossil armor is such a waste when it could be made a useful option for playthrough if obtained earlier or substantially increased in defensive power.

The only reason I typically go into the desert before hardmode is to gather mandibles for potions/sandgun before ant lions become scarce in hardmode.

I FINALLY found a fucking gold mouse.

Why do you guys love terraria so much?

freedom, variety and it's mod potential

The clentaminator and some jungle seeds should do the trick.

Barely. Corruption/Crimson spread in this game is bullshit because you have to destroy a good chunk of the world to purify it. Whenever I beat the moon lord and all of the events/bosses I just take that as the "I won" phase and go into the editor and purify it that way. It's cheating sure but it's much fucking better than digging tunnels to hell every 40 or so blocks just to keep the world clean.

I has a huge variety of block types and furniture that lets the building autism go wild making towns or castles or whatnot. And the dev team is still adding to it.
What drew me in to start with though was the exploration factor.

I've been using this arena for the solar eclipse events and it holds up pretty well, I can use the death sickle to stand in the middle and hit both pits without having to move. I can then pick up the coins from beneath so they can continue to drop. Do you think it will hold up in the pumpkin moon/frost moon events, or do I need to make some modifications?

wait hold up, you mean to tell me this is some sort of mod or texture pack?

you can get it from the traveling salesman user

No this is in the base game. I don't have a single mod installed.

Is the fire gauntlet worth getting in hardmode? Or is it better to just stick with the mechanical glove for the extra 2% attack speed and damage?

thanks, last time I played was in 2014.

I haven't gone melee for a long time but I would probably upgrade it.
Fire gauntlet + frost armor + flask of cursed flame + shadowflame knife means you potentially have 4 kinds of fire going on at once. Five if you are in range of the Dryad.

I really wish map sizes were bigger. It sucks that this island's barely a couple hundred feet off the ground. If I had put it any higher it would be in space though. Either way shit's still a work in progress. Currently deciding how I should vary up the individual rooms to suit the owner and where to implement the stone brick/walls. Also need more vanity living accessories like more dressers and sinks. I also can't really figure out how to make it so I don't leave the snow biome when I move up to higher floors in the middle building. It really sucks when you're indoors while a blizzards going on and your comfy as hell and then it begins to rain for no reason when you start to harvest plants. I Might just remove the middle walls in the middle base and make 3 rooms instead of 6 for more room and then just move the 3 additional NPC's to my other base. I'll have to move those planter boxes there though. Will post my other base on the same map soon.

There's a mod for that forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/large-world-enabler.47751/

How is it my search engine doesn't find this shit? Must be because I switched browsers recently. Many thanks user. I'll probably be a filthy cheater and just copy and paste my builds to the larger world though. Is there a floating island/space biome mod?

The Chad Terraria vs the virgin Minecraft.

Why do I love you so much?

Now that the dust has settled, what does everyone think of expert mode? In my opinion the pre-hardmode experience is great but just doubling everything means enemies in hardmode easilly deal 200+ damage.

So, was Ieyasu tokugawa the actual villain of the sengoku period or was it nobunaga?

Seeing this thread, I'm thinking of replaying this and would like to see what mods have to offer. What would you recommend for a good modded experience? I was thinking of starting a plain Thorium medium expert world seeing as the thread seems to like Thorium. Does that sound good or should I have different settings, add additional mods, etc.? It'd be a two player server, me and my wife - last time we played we cleared moon lord on expert.

All right, here's a list of all the stuff I do before Expert hardmode, partly for my benefit:

-get 50 silver to spawn the Merchant
-do a bit of mining (straight downward) in order to get a gold or platinum bow for traversing corruption/crimson safely
-trek to ocean and obtain a Reaver Shark
-break a heart/shadow orb or farm some goblin clothes (usually the latter to prevent random invasions) to summon army for Goblin Tinkerer
-dig to underworld and very carefully harvest hellstone for armor/bow/imp staff
-fight Eye of Cthulu for Shield of Cthulu
-build walkway for Wall of Flesh, collect Demon Scythe for fighting it
-get a ruby/diamond robe and wizard hat for Wall of Flesh
-max out health
-maybe look for a Bezoar in Jungle while hunting hearts–bees become extremely dangerous in hardmode
-fish a ton of crates to open in hardmode for quick upgrades/avoiding random pirate invasions by never breaking an altar
-make sure have a full set of herb seeds
-collect ant lion mandibles for sandgun and potions since they become rare in hardmode

Lately I've managed to cut out fighting Skeletron and collecting various Dungeon prizes (Mechanic and Cobalt Shield being the most important in particular) entirely and saving that stuff for later, but sometimes the Wall of Flesh bumps you into a nasty trap without a Cobalt Shield. I find the crate fishing operation can be a source of quite significant time-lengthening , but hunting ores and adding random corruption/crimson/hallow blocks in the world along with random pirate invasions by breaking altars probably takes longer and makes hardmode even more dangerous in my opinion. I have found that, once equipped with a nimbus cloud and stormbow/onyx blaster, perhaps Molten Armor is "good enough" to defeat the Destroyer and upgrade straight to Hallowed Armor.

Thoughts? What else can be removed from this list? Alternative strategies?

Is the stardust dragon still the best summoner pet?

I can't find normie mode fun anymore, I need that Shield of Cthulu. The bosses in normie mode are also too exploitable. Most can be defeated effortlessly by just making a long rope.

Yes. Cell's are good to but only because Dragon doesn't always target the most immediate threat. I usually go largest dragon I can get and 2 or so cells.

I flooded hell.

Stardust dragon does piercing damage which ultimately limits your DPS.
Stardust dragon is the worst of the highest end summons, specially when you're on multiplayer.

The DPS is still high enough for it not to matter compared to the cell staff. He kills the moon lord at max level pretty efficiently regardless and kills enemies way off screen. Also if you're going multiplayer then you really shouldn't be summoner to begin with. Either way your only other alternative for summon at that point is cell staff which is decent but ultimately does less damage.

Fuckers not kidding.

Stardust dragon goes through walls how would that NOT be good in MP?

He's trying to say that it hinders DPS because other players can't inflict damage to enemies while the dragon is. And since bosses have more HP in MP that can hinder the effort. Summon class isn't great in general for MP though so it doesn't matter.

Piercing damage makes the enemy taking damage get a few iframes, which means when you deal a piercing hit and a normal hit soon after your non-piercing damage is ignored.
This can really fuck up some builds, for instance some people use the phantasm bow with a stardust dragon summon (since you can have 1 summon no matter what your gear is and the stardust is the strongest single summon), but that makes them deal less damage than just using the phantasm alone.

Is that a shrine to goatse?

Oh i was thinking of pvp where the dragon can hit people through walls before they can hit the summoner.

On my very first playthrough on normal I got the enchanted sword right at the start under the giant tree. Is it always under there?

Nope, just a coincidence.

Random loot chest.

So wait you ruined your very first playthrough of the game with mods? Jesus what an idiot.

Summoned creatures don't attack other players even in PvP last I checked.

What mods?

I like how the Anubis vanity armor is an order of magnitude more difficult to get than the actual Anubis armor. I have killed several hundred Ghouls and I still don't have enough ancient cloth.

I would say Ieyasu is more of a villain than Nobunaba was. Also you probably meant to click on the Nioh thread.

become proficient, fag

Herp, nevermind. I just assumed some of that advanced gear was from mods. I still have yet to progress to the level of that glowy thisp pet myself.

Here's some pics from the server where some anons and I play.

woops forgot a couple

You couldn't spring for living wood on that fourth one?

fifth*

What does user use to kill the Wall of Flesh? Demon Scythe + magic power/regeneration potions work so well that it's gotten to the point where I never try anything else out anymore. Star Cannon seems like it would be surefire, but that takes far too long to grind out all the ammo needed.

By using normal wood on the trees he made it look like someone built that onto the tree rather than a room just growing out of the tree naturally so it's probably intended.

Crystal Storm is my personal favourite.

Bee's Knees and beenades with the Hive pack if playing on expert, if it could get any easier than that I would call it cheesing.
You don't even need ranged armor for it to work well, so you can even have some fallback gear if it somehow doesn't turn out too well for you.

but that's a hardmode weapon

Interesting, last time I tried bees I only used a Bee Gun with hive pack and shark necklace. It works but it requires a really long walkway to pull off. Never really tried the Bee's Knees, even though I love that bow. At some point I just figured fighting the Queen Bee wasn't worth my time.

How about pre-hardmode?

You would think so but I found that you can collect a stack of 99 stars pretty quickly. You can even make a simple afk farm with a single block thick skybridge and rails on top and bumpers at each end.

Wow really? I'm surprised that's powerful enough to even be useful. Do you use meteor bullets for the piercing?

With Meteor Shot, even a Minishark is powerful enough to trivialize expert WoF if you aim for an eye. Blaster would be better, but you need to spam click way too much for my liking.

I think it's shit. Making every mob a damage sponge is the worst thing for this game and makes anything above softcore an absolute nightmare to play. I don't mind that they gave them more HP, I mind that they gave the mobs too much HP. It fell into the old Diablo 2 trap of making the mobs unbearably difficult and annoying.
The bosses are cool though. Some are still cheeseable by the conventional means however and pale in comparison to the rest of the game. I managed to kill the mechanical bosses the first time they summoned themselves naturally with the exception of the Twins.

It's the beenades that do the trick really.

That does not sound like a good idea, maybe use silver bullets instead.
**and the phoenix blaster is actually pretty
damn good if you don't have finger cancer or somethin**

oh shit i fucked up the spoiler how could this happen

The problem is that the Hungry cockblock your shots and they regenerate on expert.

then use the phoenix blaster to mitigate the damage cooldown because it's slower sort of
actually just use the fucking phoenix blaster because it's better

Looks shit

This is all I dare do to the shrine for fear of making a mess of things. I'll probably rebuild a similar version in another world with only asian stuff and site it on top of a hill to get a better effect.
Now just one more thing to do…

I kind of like it. It would have probably have worked better with another kind of wood painted brown.

Always a good time. Lately I've considered making an Atlantis-like world and seeing how that goes.

How does this even work? Doesn't water evaporate in the underworld? I'm pretty sure the oceans are actually finite sources of water.

Finally gave this a try with Necro Armor and meteor shot. Not terribly impressed. My typical runway was not long enough but I probably would have survived with it a little longer.

Oh, and had a shark tooth necklace.

Yes unfortunately.
If they weren't your world would be constantly lagging because water settling lags the fuck out of the game.

Tried a whole ton of new Wall of Flesh strategies.

Beenades were far and away the best that I tried, I had no idea they were so good. I used Fossil Armor, Shark Tooth Necklace, Hive Pack, and about 60 Beenades stock (+ ammo conservation bonus). This is the only strategy that I have found which can actually kill the Wall of Flesh a tiny bit faster than my Demon Scythe strategy (at least with an Emerald Robe; scythe might work better with Ruby or Diamond but I couldn't test those). I'm very impressed.

Also tried regular grenades, they're really bad sadly despite being so powerful because their rate of fire is low.

Guns on the other hand are quite inferior. I tried Phoenix Blaster and Minishark with meteor shot and the Sandgun and they all require significantly longer runways than I'm accustomed to. I didn't get to test actually killing it, but I suspect the Minishark at least might have difficulty doing enough damage to kill it before it kills you when its on that last chunk of health where it speeds up faster than the player can run.

For kicks I tried giving Jungle Armor a try again to see if I could find a use for it. Against the Wall of Flesh it's totally pointless; a robe and wizard hat give better damage and critical hit output while only having a slightly lower mana reduction bonus (which doesn't matter much when you're using a mana regeneration potion anyway). The only use I can see is adding the leggings with a robe and hat, but Meteor Leggings provide a greater damage boost which is more important than +4% critical hit.

Also tried a variety of bows with necro armor. I was surprised by Hellwing Bow's performance with wooden arrows, I didn't think it would be very good because its power is so low. With a wide open arena (i.e., not a narrow passage dug out of rock that I'm currently using for testing), I could see this performing quite well. The jury is still out on whether Bee's Knees is better or worse than Molten Fury.

Haven't played in about a year and I'm starting a new world. Managed to find a cool ass cliff to build my house on.