Earth Defense Force Pale Wing>Wingdiver Ed

Just got EDF5, not enjoying Wingdiver as much as I used to in the version mainly because of having to charge all my shots before I can fire, it makes sense for some of the weapons but things like the Electric Shock weapons and the Pulse Weapons doesn't make them that much fun to use anymore. Same with the lasers how they get weaker the longer you fire them.
Other than that I like all the other improvement they made to the other classes especially giving Ranger his own vehicles/sprint to keep up with everyone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Divreus
weapon.edf.jpn.com/
www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/
www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope you'll have fun, friend
I didn't fall for the PS4 meme myself.

Having that boost jump with the Fencer makes melee weapons much more viable. Especially the hard hitting hammers with little range. Also I noticed enemies are handled a little different as the game goes on. Spiders are spewing more webs and ants are moving faster by the time you get half way through the game unlike the early stages. So maybe higher difficulties influence damage and health of enemies while their speed and firepower is based on stage.

Hopefully they announce something about the localization in 2 months

I don't think I noticed anything like that.
Haven't had the chance to play Fencer yet, been working with Wingdiver I do like how they gave her a dodge mechanic and different jetpacks.

So you can't just 2x ThunderBow XD and rape everything?

She still has enough of the non-charge weapons left to prevent the charge mechanic from completely fucking her over. Rapiers, bolt guns, and stuff like that do the job just fine, especially when one of the better tactics against pepes and ayys is to stun lock them with rapiers.

You can't equip 2 of the same weapon unless you're fencer.

Interesting.guess that cuts down on a few cheesy stuff.

Where did you find that at?

Because wearing a skirt while flying is really smart. Oh wait, she's a woman lol.

Don't lie user, you'd be happy to wear a skirt and fly around the air provided everyone could look up and see your diapers

I don't think trying to cut down on cheese is the right thing for a game like this.

The mission in the 30's in the open field where tons of pepes come at you. I do it on hardest to farm new shit because even though I don't have a chance in hell of surviving, I pick up enough weapon drops that losing 75% of them on death still gets me a good 10 or more drops at the end of the mission.

What ? What on earth is this bullshit ? Even the rapier ?

No, but most do. They really wanted her to be her own class instead of a flying ranger. They made her much more diverse with her different energy cells. Some charge weapons faster, some focus on large pools of energy, and some focus on mobility. Some weapons have fencer tier ammo and can shoot for ages while some throw you backwards which is great if you're being chased.

I guess I'll reserve my judgment before playing it, but I don't see any good coming out of thinking she's a "flying ranger". Vary her energy management by all means, but that's a very odd line of thought to have.

For all my complaints though I do still like her, the recoil on some of the weapons do add to her mobility and I find myself using a lot of her lower leveled plasma launchers since I can maximize on mobility and damage, without digging too much into my energy.

Low energy weapons combined with a high capacity can keep you flying for ages. You just need to know which gun is best for flying forward and flying backwards.

So far I've been having luck with the Plasma Cannon M2, its a level 10 weapon but that thing is still better than a lot of the higher level stuff I've found in the same class of weapons. short charge time, and pretty good damage once its been maxed out works pretty well for me.

How else would you poop on people easily?

Fucking nipjews I swear.

Nice, they ruined wing diver and buffed fencer!
A nice fuck you EDF, not moving to 5.

that girl is making my wiener hard

Why? Fencer is a 1 man army that can handle any situation
If you don't main Fencer then move out of the way, you're just slowing me down

Fencer is fun but it's far too casual for my liking, I generally only touch it when I feel like turning my brain completely off and just mindlessly killing everything without haven't to really pay attention.

Cmon man, you know its true. The only class that can compliment Fencer is air raider because their air strike are now base on cooldown instead of credits so you can spam BRRRRRTTT every 15 seconds

I personally like the fact that you have to charge weapons, I think it makes the class require more skill to play well. They balanced it out by making her more well-rounded and gave her some buffs.
I don't see what the problem with having to charge the electric weapons personally, I use that thing in close range all the time without having any problems.

Does Fencer get good ranged gear this time?

Melee Dashing is fun an OP an all. But all the high level ranged equipment in EDF 4.1 sucked for the most part.

The ranged weapons seem to be better, at least the flamethrower is a lot better.
0.34 sec wind-up time instead of 4 sec.
36 m range vs 28 m and I still haven't finished upgrading the range.
I can't fully tell with the gatling gun yet because I have not upgraded it enough yet.

tfw green ants are back

That aint very "EDF!" of you user.

Is EDF5 on PC?

Sure, you will find it on steam if you look long enough.

WHEN WILL EDF GO TO SPACE?

Outside of firefights, clothes usually hamper movement more than they give protection. If you had to run for dear life in a power suit, you would tear it to pieces.

Just on Japanese PS4

Terrifying, sure, but only hard if you play Ranger. WD can just fly backwards with rapier or lightning, fencer scooting backwards with force ax, and AR can introduce the bugs to Nam
Only a filthy fucking casual complains about best vehicles

They're ok I guess, I'm more for tanks and drifting.

If you have a core that has a high enough energy regen, wing divers can literally stay in the air forever and slaughter them all by getting altitude and abusing a high recoil, long range weapon (plasma cannons seem pretty good for it) and their new dodge.  As green ants have so little HP, this tactic is effective with low level plasma cannons even on inferno. The only time you'll need to touch the ground is to pick up weapon drops.

Are those fucking CARDBOARD TREES?

Is the Pale Wing design back in the game? Or do we get the same Wing Divers as in 4.1?
The Pale Wing are superior in every way.

Really pisses me off that they would have a character wear something so impractical in my otherwise super-serious game about giant bugs and space aliens.

Missed opportunity

So this is the power of the PS4…

Any of you had the joy of playing this game or 4.1 local versus?

PC version when?

Non-shit mech designs when (the new ones SUUUUCK)?

Titan that doesn't suck when?

Are swords fixed for Fencer?

Holy shit I thought I was on Holla Forums, you can shit on any level with a good squad of rangers.

This summer.

Which pc EDF game is the best to start the series on? I never really played any.

4.1 is the only one on PC

There's also Insect Armageddon if you hate life.

That actually sounds fun. I've never tried versus mode.

IA and Dynamarisa too. The latter being the closest thing to 2 without emulating.

Air Raider can and will destroy everything.

I WANNA PROTECC EARTH

I know Insect Armageddon will always be the black sheep, but, playing it now, I can see some charm on it. Like, how they are implementing now things this game did before.
So far, for the price they ask, it is a worth entry IMO. I will try the other classes soon.

I think we all do Triple Triad. We all do.

My only problem with it was it just suddenly ending after a couple missions, felt like shareware than a complete game. I am certainly glad it exists though cause of all the improvements it brought to 4, wouldn't have grorious air raider or fencer without it. Now to speculate what changes Iron Rain will bring that will make their way into EDF 7.

What the fuck ime an environmentalist now

And then out of nowhere the game just fucking ends.

It's trash
T R A S H !
But no, it's fuckin awful

It should be effective against the frogs because you can easily keep them in front of you.

Is EDF 4.1 a good entry if I just wanna shoot B-movie monsters?

EDF 4.1 is pretty decent, but EDF 5 is way better so it up to you if you want to wait for a better one or get the current one.

If you're peesee stick to 4.1. 5 hasn't been translated let alone ported yet.

It definitely is, especially since theres no word if 5 is getting localized yet, theres also Iron Rain coming out next year but I'm not sure if that one is getting a PC release.

5 is obviously going to get localized. They have been translating the commercials to English so they planning to localize it.

2 or any of its ports, such as IFPS, would be better as they have more classically B-movie designs. 4.1 honestly has a bit too much seriousness outside of some radio chatter. If we're just talking entry level games then 4.1 on PC is the best choice since it is the most complete, polished, and accessible of the games with the least amount of bullshit.

5 has some good B tier music

This is true, they are really going with the B movie theme with this one.

No response still, and are the voice acting bits of the game more or less the same where they shit themselves and cry over how scary the new enemy of the week is over the radio while you're trying to kill shit (sometimes long after you've already killed the thing they're freaking out about)?

That got kind of annoying really quick after the first playthrough. Then again that's probably because I guess I don't appreciate the B-movie thing as much as others do. I hope the new game acknowledges you preemptively wrecking the shit out of everything a little more. Biggest flaw with 4.1 was probably the immense amount of crate collecting. Speaking of which, was that addressed?

Yes. It's got flaws but I think it's a good game. Supposedly even the minor DLC is reasonable. I've been considering grabbing the extra missions when it goes on sale.

Dude, at least try to gather some info on your own. Also people aren't too inclined to answer questions by people who just ask and then leave.

God damn it man.

It's never fun to do at all which makes me wonder why they have the system. Unlike health, collecting armor and weapons doesn't help during the battle but it's something you never want to miss. All it does is make you go out of your way to collect stuff and makes the game boring instead of it focusing on the nonstop action.

They should really make it so you just get an icon that shows you got X amount of armor and weapons throughout the mission. This would really add to the experience while items like medkit drops can stay the same. It would also make navigating through swarms better when you can use the radar to guide yourself toward health while shooting everything instead backtracking into armor or weapon boxes which you didn't need at the moment.

I don't know why some people think this will cheapen or make the game casual. No one enjoys collecting boxes.

I enjoy collecting boxes sometimes though. Taking a breather between waves helps relieve a bit of tension and stress to prepare for the next wave, especially useful on some of the bigger and longer missions. Boxes also provide an incentive to take risks or plan your tactics better so you can reach them, or in some cases serve as a trap as new enemies spawn around you when you go to collect. It is also extremely satisfying to murder a ton of enemies in a small area and then drive through 30 boxes at once.
I am neither for nor against collecting boxes, but it isn't as simple of an issue as people tend to make it out to be. Both have their appeal, but are simply just for different types of people. The only solution would be to add a classic or auto collection option.
On a related note, they really need to add in an option for weapon and armor limits for singleplayer so I don't have to play online with 4x enemy health or try to guess what is appropriate for the mission's level.

EDF 5 improves your movement ability and your item collecting ability to the point that I feel that it is no longer a hassle. I hated it in EDF 4.1, but it is not a problem in 5.
I love picking up weapon boxes in 5. It is just so exiting to see what kind of upgrades you are going to get. I love it.

Yeah, ranger's new gear slot that gives him shit like +600% to item gathering radius takes the tediousness out of item collection. He literally gets the gathering radius of a tank or chopper. The only class that I still feel like item collection can be a chore is air raider because you have to choose between a vehicle that does damage or one that can move fast to pick up items.

They could have done it where you get a certain roll of standards loot box weapons on how good you did while the boxes that drop are the ones that are slightly better chance on a roll for better weapons etc. So you dont have too get the boxes and get normal loot rates at the end of the mission while fair, but if you wanted to get the more exotic or better weapons and armor you go for the boxes.

But user said it is fine in 5 so no need.

The combat frames actually move fairly fast if you repeatedly jump without using the jets.

Weapon boxes are addicting and i like seeing my health go up when collecting armor boxes

Yup, they have really managed to make collecting weapon boxes fun and addictive.

I got EDF 4.1 and the mission packs, and when does the game become fun. It looks like it's going to be like this throughout the whole game and nothing will drastically change.

Why would you do that?
That aside, if it is not already fun then it never will be. The encounters increase in scope, scale, and difficulty, but its all still just 150 missions of kill everything and don't die.

I hope you're not playing alone.

If you're playing on easy and getting bored from all the inaction then it's normal.
People might not realize it but on easy a good third of the playtime is you waiting on the mission script to progress due to how fast you kill shit.

It's like a musou, it's not for everyone.

Also anyone up for 4.1 on peesee?

wew lad

Still not worth it

Better than the new spinoff from the looks of it.

If I wanted to fit in with Holla Forums I'd buy Monster Hunter and Neptunia and jack off to traps, it looked interesting and heard overwhelming praise of it on here.

If you want someone to play with you you gotta drop your ID first.

Play on at least hardest. The early guns are usually slow/weak and generally don't feel very satisfying. Pick a class that suits your play style.

Ranger: pretty weak due to lack of mobility. Best strength is insta heals, anti air sniping, and hit stun ARs on hectors
Wing diver: OP on everything until inferno. Vertical mobility is very strong until dragons. Melts anything within 50m.
Air raider: Purely support. Can call in nukes or strafing runs for insane amounts of damage
Fencer: Learn to dash cancel and be sanic.

Play online, and kick anyone that seems to cheat (10k+ armor with low % completion/playtime, instakilling enemies, infinite energy, etc.).

To save our mother Earth from any alien attack.

from vicious giant insects who have once again come back

We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack

THE EDF DEPLOYS

Anything noteworthy about the new game so far? Any neat new weapons/vehicles?

Wait EDF5 is out? Why didn't I see it? Am PC fag

Ayys and Pepes are pretty cool to fight

Whats better, popping off legs or popping off arms?

So am I the only one that feels like Air Raider is actually a bit weaker now, despite the improvements made to many of his support weapons, simply because his initial point pool is so low and vehicles cost so much more? Just calling in an upgraded missile/revolver frame feels like building up to a titan despite it being just another normal-ass robot. This actually caused me to stop picking tanks completely simply because they lack the ammo and power to make up for their cost compared to simply dropping free whales, artillery, and lasers on things. I get that they wanted the Air Raider to do more air raiding, but they add in so much shit thats immune to air attacks that it becomes a huge hole in his ability. He shouldn't have to spend an hour farming a dropship just so he can call in his only one vehicle capable of aiming up and shooting far enough to destroy that dropship.

anyone wanna play together?

But it is random. Leveling up doesn't unlock weapons, it unlocks the ability to use those weapons. You still have to pick them up from dropped weapon crates, which are even rarer in IA.

You got to drop your name and which game

holy fuck
can i have this in every shooter
starts at 8:05

How can a bunch of Nips working in a shed get things so right?

That has to be probably my biggest praise about 5, is that they listened to the fans and gave Ranger some more mobility and took a cool glitch that changed the way you play a class and made it a part of his class in the new one.

its out for nips only, no localization or PC port announce yet, but don't get your hopes up, D3 is a fairly small publisher and doesn't really care for western market. The only reason EDF 4.1 got localize is because of Xseed

Think we will ever get to save the city?

Apparently theres a EDF 5 christmas stream from the publisher

Santa as fifth playable class?

Not if I have anything to say about it.

EDF amime when?

More than likely after an MMO In the vein of Phantasy Star Online

Sounds interesting

Oh man, looks like we'll be having a 2025 in our hands here.
i mean c'mon even DoA has localization

I always see the Air Raider as the EDF's version of the Mumen Rider for some reason, power discrepancy aside but its just a theorya gay theory

Fencer a qt
a qt!

Nigga 2017, 2025, a remake of 2, a remake of 2017, and a remaster of 2025 all got localized, 5 is coming.

No shit the most 'skilled' gameplay I've seen so far was some gook dad filming his two kids playing split screen.

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about?
We're getting this shit and a PC port, we just don't know when.

Fucking how?

Easy/normal difficulty

PC when?

That is not quite true. The number of dashes and jumps that he can do is upgradeable and I have seen it go up to 6.
Is has an example of that.
His speed is ugradeable so that is not really true either.

I watched a couple of lets plays of EDF its pretty fucking cancerous, lots of "lol dude this game makes no sense" or "Fencer is too slow".

You can massively reduce the cost of calling vehicles by getting upgrades. Are you using the DLC ones? They can't be upgraded.

I know you can reduce the cost, but you still only start with half its points, and it feels like it takes longer to get vehicles than it did before. Honestly, I was just venting frustration cause I was stuck on a mission for a long time, the one where you get rushed by frogs, drones, and ants from the front, spiders from the side, queens from the rear, and ~4 dropships. I eventually beat it and am now up to mission ~60 somehow. A mountain of frustration is just part of relearning how to be best class.

based off 4.1, a year for engrish and then probably a year for PC port

Ah, I see. I am still on mission 42 myself, I am using wing diver so I will probably have a different set frustrations myself.

Make that 8

And on that note I'll always miss the Balam Fortress.

What do you guys think of this boss?

I want this damn game.

Was a little disappointed by how easy he was but pretty fucking cool nonetheless

Those were babby leviathan missiles that require tracking from the air raider if I'm not mistaken, and I remember those missiles doing 100k damage each in EDF 4.1.

I thought he was easy, but then again I did fight him on Hard only.

How's the difficulty work? Do you have to unlock Inferno?

You unlock Hardest and Inferno once you beat the game but beating the game on Hard marks it as you beating it on Normal and Easy and Hardest and Inferno need to be beat individually.

So there's literally no reason not to play hard as opposed to normal.

Theres really no reason to play normal unless you're some casual.
Hard was always my default setting after 2017

Wait does hard mode roll over weapon unlocks from easy and normal too? If so what the fuck am I doing, normal is way too easy with way too few weapon unlocks

Yes you get easy, normal, and hard weapons in the first few levels after that you almost exclusively get hard mode weapons. But yeah normal mode lacks a variety of good weapons

I think a lot of people were rushing through it on normal just to unlock hardest and inferno.

Its slower to go through Normal because of the lack of weapons and firepower it gives you.

Who gives a shit about rushing through it, getting completion for all difficulties is basically being given to us and it saves hours to do it on hard.

Also EDF is just Gantz now.

When do we make the VDF a reality?

Just bought 4.1 in the Steam sale, did about 50 missions on normal, then the first level on hard and hardest for shits and giggles and now I've got level 40 weapons.
What do? Just play the rest of the game on hardest/inferno? Anyone want to join me?

Should just start on hard since you get the most variety of weapons on that difficulty, only really played normal or easy to grind for health for Hardest or Inferno.
drop your ID so people can add you

steamcommunity.com/id/Divreus
Send anime MILFs

it really is a shame there's no way to implement calling in extra troops without it being op as fuck

Could just have it as a Air Raider weapon

Are there any other sniper rifles like the MMF50? I really like that 'battle rifle' feel.

In EDF 5 do Rangers heal their troops for more?

So if she was grounded soldier the skirt would be fine?
Why does it become stupid once she's airborne?

You have a terminal case of gay.

Is she going to protect you with her wedding gown?

I'm just hoping that whole mechanic has been readdressed in 5 as it made using them as any class BESIDES ranger pointless.

I often found myself going out of my way avoiding picking up troops for that reason as only Rangers could fully utilize them by keeping them alive.

Are the psp/vita versions any good?

Rangers have equipment that increases the amount of healing. also, it seems like every class can heal them.

At least I pirated it and had a metric ton of fun, kinda regretted not paying. Online must be even better.
After EDF 5 comes out to pc i will likely shell out my shekels on it. Hopefully they won't shit it up with dlc packs, but seeing as japs are getting jewish by the hour they might.

The remake of 2 was pretty good, never played the 2017 remake because $40 is too much.

The localization took almost a year and another 1 year to get 4.1 PC port and it was handled by a different publisher. D3 doesn't give a fuck about western market, just like Sega. They're willing to give publishing rights to any publisher that want to localize it but if nobody wants to, then they're not gonna bother with it. If EDF were intended for western market from the get go, it should at least appear on E3, or PSX since its technically a PS4 exclusive game.

Post the porn

Buy the game and pirate the packs, if only a percentage of the user base hypothetically bought their DLC they'd see its maybe not worth it, though its highly unlikely when their main audience is other nips. EDF is stupid fun sometimes and worth it in my opinion.

How about I don't buy it at all, and they get to see their sales worsen as a result?
Oh, what's that? Boo hoo, the publisher can't be bothered to figure out why I won't buy their game? Too bad, that's not my concern.

I'm doing my job as a consumer, and that's to zealously look out for myself. I don't think you understand the world you live in, because that's what the entire industry is doing, but you don't cry and call them edgy spergs. Maybe if you did once in awhile things like DRM and DLC would stop.

I think you mean

You can easily play with your friends using smartsteamemu. Online works wonderfully that way, you have no reason to participate in the downfall of the eastern games industry too.

Suddenly Depth Crawler is top-tier. Of all the changes in 5, that is probably one of the last things I was expecting. That little shit gives zero fucks and will pulverize anything and everything that dares challenge it until the consistency of skittles has been reached. Not even giant turtles can stand against it. They were always great, save for their non-existent armor, but now they have so much, pushed even further with posts, that the only thing that can stop them is fucking up so phenomenally hard that nothing you could have done would save you. Its a shame too as I really enjoy playing with the new Combat Frames, but they just can't compare to the Depth Crawlers agility and reliability. I am only 80 missions in on hard so there's a lot of room for opinion changes, but until then it will continue being my precious Aibo.

I can't speak for the others, but IFPS is pretty great. If you want EDF5 but don't have a PS4 or are scared of moonrunes, then it is the closest thing you can get to it. It has some of the best enemy designs, levels, and music in the series, or at least it did up until 5 happened.

Oh my god, thank you. Hopefully finding that so-called smartsteamemu won't be a hassle that'll give my pc cyber-aids.

is there a trick to using Depth Crawlers or do I need to just git gud? Once you latch onto something you are pretty much fucked due controls not readjusting for your position or the camera not following the same orentation as the crawler.
also what's good to bring in as solo Air Raider for depths?

They just suck, though some later ones get rocket launchers and flamethrowers so that's nice. In my experience for caves in general is you just find out where enemies are gonna spawn, and hold a choke point with any kind of explosives, sentries, flame weapons or large blast weapons.

Assuming you're talking about 4.1
Most of the time in tunnel mission you can just use them for holding chokepoints which they're really good at because of the uninterrupted firepower they can bring out
You can however climb the wall really fast to murder the 21st mission, it's pretty much required on inferno solo.

It really depends on what weapon level and mission you're talking but I really like having at-least one Splendor type weapon, deployable turrets can help create chokepoints out of slightly larger caverns especially on the last wave of the three parter underground mission and especially that part on Inferno.
Never really tried other things so maybe I'm missing some godlike strategy.

Meant the last wave of the first mission from that set of three mission.
Also didn't mean to sage.

It's a mix of "git gud" and "you are already dead". Take things slow and put in a lot of effort to adapt to how the controls work at different positions. Being upside down is probably the easiest to get used to and allows you to shoot things without hitting your very important allies. You have effectively no armor so you need to stay back a bit and let allies take hits for you while you never ever stop shooting things. Always put a guard post m2 or m3 onto your crawler, it will survive a little bit longer, but your allies in range will survive forever.
As for what to bring - Depth Crawler, Splendor, Turrets,Guard Posts, Power Posts, Life Vendors, Pure Decoys. The bike really isn't a bad choice if you are playing a long mission you can confidently complete without vehicle damage, lets you just blaze through the long boring tunnels, assuming you bothered to git gud with them as well. You can use pure decoys (longer duration) to control enemy movement by placing them in close-but-unreachable locations, such as on the other side of a barrier or in a tunnel that runs near a much later room. An example is the first underground mission. you can put one on the tracks that run adjacent to spider spawn to the left to keep them completely distracted. Another thing you can do is throw turrets through barriers while running into them so you can safely clear some spawns, such as in golden darkness right behind you at the start, also a good spot for a decoy if you aren't running it split screen or something.

Depth Crawler is the only thing you can deploy during cave mission so you pretty much have to work with what you have.

they do
even the 2d ones

You can deploy the bikes too :^)
Why would you though is another question entirely

Because they are fast and not nearly as bad as the casuals make them out to be. Use them with a controller, ease up to about 50-75% speed, and take your turns gently and it becomes a very effective way to travel quickly. Running golden darkness without one is true suffering.

I like that you have to beat the game on hard to get inferno difficulty. Normally only achievement hunters use lower difficulties.

I like that previously unused weapons get to be used now because people have to play hard and you don't just skip to op weaponry.

but how do you poop using a controller?

But the bike is useless unless you play multiplayer, where you can do funny shit like strapping an explosive and go jihad on the ants hill

Xseed localized it but D3 is self publishing games in the West now and the PC port was done by them instead of outsourced.
Stop raving about gospel and trends that are going down the shitter.

Would you spank a Wing Diver?

Only after she gets webbed

I want to say you can't be that retarded, but apparently you are

You don't know how publishing works, do you user? Please show me D3 US or europe branch. Do you know CoD was published by Square Enix in Japan, can you figure out why?

Dr. Honda, I'm EDF.

But how?

Ah man I really don't like the new Balam

Because in Japan it's an arcade game

So, anyways, is EDF 4.1 any good? It's the only pirate version I can find with any seeds.

No, its shit. Go play something else instead.

listen to this guy:

Like for instance?

Basketball.

Why so hostile? Forgot to apply your rectal cream or something?

Pick one.

What about that was hostile? You asked what else you should play instead and I answered. Did you not want an answer to your questions or something?

Now don't be crass dear, you knew exactly what I meant.

I don't.

EDF5 for PC when

Then I have some bad news for you.

Tell me something I don't already know.

I was asking for another EDF style game.

They are all shit.

Then why are you on a thread about what class is the best class in EDF?

What if had access to save state powers but lost them when someone else kills him. Anyone remember security guard that supposedly shot at him. Did anyone remember any strange occurrences with reality in regards to the security guard changing shape or attitude?

YOU ARE HUGE
THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

WHAT IS THIS.

Is there a wiki for this game, I want to know if there's an upgraded version of the Naeling in 4.1.

That's not entirely true. Weapons have randomized stat levels and it adds the best to your weapons, so you can still get useless duplicates. You also aren't upgrading weapons so much as you are bringing downgraded shit up to base levels. Compared to 4.1, stuff always starts significantly worse and rarely, if ever, exceeds those stats.

weapon.edf.jpn.com/
www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/
www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/

Shotguns are fucking cool.

You're fucking cool, user.

This, what a fucking great guy.

So what missions, loadouts, and tactics are you guys running for armor farming in 5? Also, how does split screen box collection work now? Is it still the same as 4.1 or did they change it?

usually with farming I pick ranger and equip the perk that expands your item gathering range by 200%
I dont really have a mission for farming weapons though, I just go through all of them.

That is more or less what I am doing now, but I kinda wanted to just quickly farm up to 1000 for my other classes before doing inferno rather than go through hard again or do hardest.

I get the feeling you'll spout the most idiotic thing ever, but please, enlighten me.

I hope we get a localization announcement before April unlike 4.1.

>They're either too distracted to fight against giant insects and die, or you ground yourself and they brutally admire you
It's just not tactically sound, user.

What the fuck, you aren't 567eca

So you are saying you are jealous because you aren't the one wearing a skirt?

No, baby, but I can be.

Anyone have any neat color schemes for split screen (or just two buddies playing together online)?

Green and Purple

Can never go wrong with that

I use the same color for my fencer

So anymore info on Iron Rain?

Bump.

EDF5 is out?

Yes, but only in weebistan and only on console

guys, is this EDF?

Looks absolutely crap yet fun at the same time so yes it's EDF

Wish it had coop

Where are the lewds?

right here
burner frame is the sexiest motherfucker in the entire game.

Spoiler that shit user.

I hope this game just get more and more awesome until Im ruined for all other games.

Damn, copyright claim? That's cold. What'd I miss?

Final boss.

Of the gym.

He's a big guy.

should I buy 4.1 while its on sale from humble?

Yeah

Shit gets crazy the more and more you go on. In fact, it easily goes on par with the craziness of the EDF 4.1 DLCs.

so much for being overpowered anymore

I'm alright with this, was starting to worry that it would fug up solo difficulty reading other posts.

Hopefully it means were getting RAD physics/controls for the robots in EDF 6.

Is this game challanging?
Is the pc version of 4.1 alive and well in multiplayer?
Are the psp versions worth a damn?

Yes it can be very difficult at times.
Yes the PC version of 4.1 is still active
Yes remake of EDF 2 on the vita is very fun and they even added Air Raider to it. Never played the remake of 2017 on it though mainly because its only digital and never seen it on sale.

2. Im looking at the steam page right now and there are 20 different mission dlcs. Is there somekind of a goty version or do i need to get them all seperatly ontop of the game.
3. Im talking about the psp psp, not vita (dont have one unfortunately)

EDF5 is more difficult than EDF 4.1 bases missions imo, especially once you go back the missions (that your originally played on Hard since completing in hard difficulty counts as completed in Easy/Normal) in Hardest/Inferno this time.

In Hardest & Inferno, you either get the teleportation anchors changing locations and in numbers, the elite versions of giant insects get spawned and quite often (the golden ants are already present in mission 14). Some missions in those difficulties can also be longer because the game send you another wave of enemies at the part where the mission would have already ended in lower difficulties. It's no longer just enemies being more a bulletsponge unlike in previous games.

Yes

PSP version of EDF2 run like a slideshow, starting on the very first mission. Whereas the Vita version runs a lot more smoother.

Worth to mention the japanese and western Vita versions of EDF2 (and EDF3) have separated online servers, since the western localization was never patched to 1.01. Online on both games are alive in Japan (generally 2-5 rooms present at once a day)

I havent seen 5 on the steams page, does this mean im only able to play 4.1 or is it published outside of steam?
Im still kinda lost, i like horde shooters. Will i like this game if i have been playing left 4 dead 2 russian hardcore servers since release?

Theres not 20 mission DLCs. theres only 2 and those 2 add an additional 40 missions to the game which already has 90+. The weapon DLC is not needed.

Now you just sound like a faggot

go to hell

Yeah, the weapon DLC is pretty well worthless once you grind out a few drops at higher difficulty levels.

5 is only out on PS4 at the moment, and we have yet to hear of an english release date. They have put out a lot of english trailers, though.

any word of it getting a pc release?

probably in a year or two

Is THIS EDF?

except for the pure decoys that are extremely useful on all difficulties due to their longer duration and added functionality to the ranger.

Their comedy value is incredible, too. I've seen Japanese players put 12 of them on a truck and drive around with them or stick a few on Pepsiman (the last boss) to make him start spinning around in circles and blasting like mad in an attempt to get them off him.

Never seen that done before, gonna have to try it next time.