Killing Floor 2

Can we get a killing floor thread going? What does everyone think of the Christmas event going on?

It's fun, though I'd advise against giving any more money to Tripwire than is necessary.
I wouldn't be opposed to getting some anons together to play this, though.

tripwire pls go

For
What
Purpose

Such a retarded choice.

Wasn't Hillbilly Horror supposed to be the Halloween event? Not saying that it's good, just that it's there.

They were greedy DLC whores with whacky meme skins in KF1 as well.

I don't think he's talking about the different games, he's talking about KF when it released compared to when they started pumping out DLC.

Ooh, I see. My mistake.

Christmas event for KF1 was the first ever event the game had, so it makes some sense. They didn't do Christmas first because iirc they still had a perk to get out of the door.

The custom modded servers in KF1 are still more fun than 2

I'd be willing to play KF2 with Holla Forums. What are your Steam names.

Fuckoff John

Tried playing it after a while again. It's nice to know that people still enrage multiple Skrakes when they can't finish them while letting the sharpshooter get eaten by crawlers. I guess I should accept it at this point that I'm just doomed to forever be blindsided by skrakes every time I play.

I finished all the seasonal challenges to get the pajamas and beat Krampus Lair on Hard and Suicide. I don't really have much of an incentive to boot up the game again. I am pretty glad they added the quarter pound and king fleshpound to the game though.

What team are you playing with? Never happened with any teams I'm on.

I just like trying to custom maps. Maybe we could try running a private server for a night? Not sure how to do that though.

I stopped playing with the second game being early access shit. I have about 300 hours in the first game.

Talking with people on the mic usually helps. You still often get morons on your team though.

I still play KF1 with my friends once every couple of weeks though.

Christmas event is pretty good. I like the new boss. Hopefully they keep him and reskin him as a normal boss after the event.
The new vault shit is OK I guess, at least they don't ask you to buy keys for vault crates. It gives some sense of progression for people that need that dangling carrot to play games instead of just, you know, playing them because they're fun.

So was that whole "We're gonna ban you for wrong think even on your own private server" ever confirmed?

All talk and no action
t. calling out retards and niggers in random teams for almost a year and no bans

Happened on Ro2, dudes server was blacklisted for things he had on his forums calling TWI out on their shit.

Is KF2 any good, or at least better than KF1? I heard that the new classes aren't fun. Is it true?
I'm really conflicted. I don't want to give Tripwire a dime for their "ban from the whole game for wrong think", yet it "looks" fun.

Haven't played these games but I read the threads and it always seems that everyone's angry at Tripwire. What'd they do?

It's more arcadey if you're into that. I prefer the mechanics of the second game and the atmosphere and charm of the first. It's a good game, but if you dislike Tripwire you should pick it up on sale.

They're incompetent jews and act like faggots. They're like Overkill but not as incompetent or jewish.

KF2 is waaay too easy compared to the first game.
Normal difficulty starts on Suicidal and HoE is merely Hard. Anything below doesn't even require two fucking brain cells.
Sharpshooter's railgun is extremely powerful and can take down scrakes and fleshpounds with ease on 6man HoE.

I get that, I just wanted specifics. Is their game mostly DLC like Overkill's games?

They're basically a "lite" version of Overkill, with a DLC galore in KF1, I still remember the meme character with a 5$ price tag.
They're also drinking the koolaid and fucked up Red Orchestra 2. As said, they can blacklist you even on your own private server for whatever reason. Also heard something about banning you from the whole game for things like "sexism" or whatever.
That's why I'm pretty much reluctant to spend on a Tripwire product.
Pic unrelated.

No weapons are locked behind dlcs, only characters and cosmetics.

You mean on KF2? Because KF1 definitely has weapon pack DLCs

What is zweihander?

Isn't it also confirmed that they actually hate guns or am I thinking about someone else?

Yes, kf2.

Garbage?
But you have a point. And since the system of promotion material is already implemented it would be safe to say that there could be other stuff that could be locked like that in the future.

This is the most obvious stuff I can think of, overall I'd say that the game is enjoyable for its guns and some of its classes but there is a lot of things that I think are bad choices. I'm definitely not having as much fun as I had on KF1 and to be fair after playing a couple hundred hours on KF2 I think they play differently.

Since it seems to spawn on other maps I think it will be.
Doesn't he have the Hemogoblin now or some shit? Also yeah playing Medic isn't fun.

Yeah he does, it doesn't do a lot of damage though and is only useful for the debuffs it provides. It also has very high reload time and the medic especially suffers from it because he doesn't have access to quick reload on his skill tree.

Jesus Christ, those normalfags and their crates.

It's garbage. Projectile bullet type makes it harder to aim for the head and health drain is applied to the body, so the main purpose of it is to body shoot smaller zeds, but the ammo is too expensive for what little the gun does.

And debuff isn't that good either, you could be doing so much more instead with a medic AR or an off-perk rpg. Even the new freezer is so much better than this syringe crap and it's garbage too btw.

I liked KF2 enough during a free weekend to throw $20 at it, but in many ways it does feel inferior to the original. KF1 has a much slower pace that builds up after each round. KF2 throws enemies in your face immediately and gets even more chaotic as you go.

The French trader is obnoxious as hell, I muted character voices just to be rid of her, bosses are unaffected by this, which is great for the Patriarch but terrible for the German faggot. I have no idea why they don't realize his lines are WAY too spammy and repetitive.

The Hemoglobin is hitscan, it only looks like projectile visually. At least that's what it says on the wiki, and using it feels like hitscan to me.

I guess I could have fun if I don't spend over $5 or something. Thanks for the input guys.

Fair enough, but it's still trash

But what it does well is slow and stagger Zeds and reduce their attack damage by 30% and it even works on Bosses. You can easily save someone's life this way if getting hit by an FP is practically inevitable.

Can you remind me how many shots it requires to activate said debuff and how long it lasts on larger zeds?
Wouldn't it just be better to use rpg instead contributing to killing the zed potentially avoiding team taking damage entirely? Especially since it's way easier hitting a single shot than an entire clip in a situation where everything is in chaos with 2-5 players covering your line of sight.
Also, if someone would die from a single fp hit, then they are not at the full hp, meaning that you could heal and buff them instead for dmg, running speed and dmg reduction.

I'd be up for a Killing Floor 1 gamenight with japanese custom server mods.

And don't forget that painfully long reload time, that completely voids any and all consecutive activations in dire situations, especially since you are a medic.

Actually, railgun would be a better option.

Oh like this?

Halloween had tickets, new map, new weapons and new drops. How did you miss that?

As if the game wasn't already shit enough.

It's in the EULA, you can check it out in the game's (((steam))) store page

ooh yeah

Is this the dubs thread?
Check 'em

THIS IS NOW A CHRISTIAN THREAD, NO CURSING ALLOWED PLEASE - t. Tripwire

Oh fiddlesticks. Also I like attractive women.

Are you the fabled Payday 2 autist?

The who what now?

Didn't they say at some point they were going to make Crawlers able to climb on the walls and ceilings? But that never happened.

Liking the new map but I wish the tickets were more common. They dropped like candy in the last two events but they seem to be rarer this time around.

Not me, but I kinda enabled the autism, sorry about that.

Once in a Payday 2 thread, I was shitposting about there was no "housewife character pack", and some absolute madman made a whole character bio while spamming Rinko Iori pics. Pic related.

But in Payday 2 we already have a housewife, her name is Aldstone

This actually makes me interested to play Killing Floor.

They showed off its non-holiday design and confirmed it will be. It's just a Bloat covered in shitty armor and nipple rings. I was hoping it would be a mutated version of that old redneck from the KF1 Fright Yard map that tried to kill you.
Speaking of the Abomination, I think it's the second easiest boss on any other map. The gimmick only works in absurdly confined spaces like the shitty Krampus map. They need to overhaul King Fleshpound into not being a total joke.

It was in the launch trailer, they pussed out because they're hacks and couldn't make it work. I'm more pissed they reduced the gore dissections for people with toasters.

RIP, now they are ice wraiths.

There is no "insult players" quickchat.
quickchat is reduced from menus into one wheel.

Seriously the worst part about microtransactions, skins and crates, other than them existing in the first place, is that they were implemented in the game way before it came out of Early Access when they never said they were working on something like that rather than actually "finishing" the game.

I just wanna play a fun multiplayer FPS with satisfying gunplay god damn it

When do we set up a server and play some rounds of KF1?

I'd be down for that!

That'd be great

It sure would be fellas!

We could also simply pick a random server, like a chinese one or something…

I dunno user, that could be potentially kinda annoying. On the other hand it would probably be better than playing with Brazilians so I guess it wouldn't be a huge problem.

We could pick an empty mostly dead one, no one would dare enter with so many faggots at one place.

Ching chong I've been found out

That would work

Kill yourself cuckchan refugee

Get?

I can't play killing floor alone because I get scared.
Help.

Fuck it, when are we doing this? I need to reinstall the game so I'll be about half an hour out.

As soon as someone has the initiative. Either me or someone else

Well, Holla Forums mania starts in about an hour, so I say we do this when it's over, which will probably be at 6:30 CST. I will let everyone know which server we will be playing on then.

I really don't see the issue with this. KF1 meta could be summed up as find a camping spot and spend all game welding doors while sharpshooters hold the lines and berserker roams around doing zerker things. All of KF-Offices can be summed up in one or two hallways outside of the boss round, to give one example. I recently tried KF1 maps in KF2 with a 6 man team on HoE and they are genuinely more difficult and chaotic. KF1's maps, characters and atmosphere were way better, while KF2 mostly did away with the horror element and has even more cancerous cosmetics. Mechanics-wise I have to admit I enjoy KF2 more though, and this isn't easy to do because KF1 holds a special place in my heart.

I'm the person you're replying to (my ID probably changed) but I wasn't implying that this was a negative, in fact I sort of agree. I was just stating how welding works so user could form his own opinion.

Oh, I got the impression you considered that to be a negative, never mind then.

Nice singles faggot.

reinstalled and played KF2 to try the event.
uninstalled.
every time i do this i'm just floored by how badly made the game is. the animations are bad, the sounds are bad, visuals are a sloppy unreadable mess, and worst of all the gunplay sucks. how much hair dye does it take to fuck up a simple game this badly.

I don't think the Animations are that bad though…

How can one person be this wrong?

oh yeah it has great animations! in first person.
the third person animations are atrocious. characters running around like they have a pool noodle for a spine.

I'd disagree. I like the animations, especially on harder difficulties when zeds start dodging and shit
For the guns, perhaps, and definitely for the Scrake. I miss his intro in the beta having the chainsaw be audible.
What exactly are you complaining about here? I think the visuals are clear where it counts.
For the medic and some shitty gimmick weapons maybe, but shotguns and Sharpshooter weapons are still great.

Yeah, some of the 3rd person animations in KF2 are over-animated I feel. On the other hand, KF1 animations were incredibly stiff and under-animated, so both games are pretty shit in that department.

i didn't see over or under, just improper. like bad weighting, fucked up blending, absent transitions.

Eh, better than having spaghetti friends I'd say, also when will they add my main man Mike "Spooky" Noble

I recall the running animations looking silly, feels like someone tried way too hard to give them some dynamic compared to KF1's foot shuffle, but the end result is even worse.

I meant Zeds, Halloween didn't get any custom Zeds, i must have forgotten it, feel free to bully me

You jest but I'm pretty sure they actually support Christian charities

6 months ago it was far from dead

I want to fucking die

Killing Floor 2 is unironically a casualized, easy version of COD zombies with a shittier story too.

If you say so. Whenever I try to join a match I'm the only one there, but I guess that could be my own fault.

Now this is going full retard

Man, guess I'm way too used to frequenting games with like 250 player max.

I don't think it's dead, I just wish there was more. 300 is my minimum personally.

Really?

You have to consider that KF2 is currently on free weekend. That skews the stats towards it.

Oh they didn't do anything like that yeah. Not sure what they could've done for Halloween though for skins since the game already is a "horror" game. There was additional content which is what matters the most though.

I disagree, they look totally fine.

Yeah, free weekend + christmas event caused an absolute explosion of players. Usually it always floats around 3k.

(checked)

Ye, same thing happened with RS2, the new australian update attracted about 1k players.

Saying that while your post amounts up to "I think you're wrong" is a bit retarded mate.

I don't have any issues hitting FPs or bosses with it.

I can only do so much. Some people are just Zed magnets and will continue to get pummeled after I've already filled them with every dart I have.

Okay guys, if you want to play some KF1, post your Steam and I'll add you. See if we can't get a game or two going.

Just join this server
KillingFloor://74.91.115.33:7707
We'll gather as many anons as we can and move on if we have to. For now, just go there.

GET IN HERE NIGGERS, WE'RE PLAYING KF1

That server is shit, only runs one map. Join this one instead.
KillingFloor://192.111.155.210:8707

Setting up our own ded server, gimme a bit since I have to configure it

172.93.50.133:7707
pw is 'rage'

you fags still playing?

Yeah, hop in.

We're switching servers though so wait for someone to post the new IP.

How exactly do you get the mincemeat thing on Krampus' map? My friend and I lured zeds over to the woodchipper, we pulled the lever, they got ground into hamburger, each of us did this once and yet neither of us got the reward. What am I missing?

Try this server. Hosting is laggy as fuck.
KillingFloor://192.111.155.210:9607

They were always cunts. I wish I had screenshots still from their forum faggotry. They will continue to forever think their shit don't stink, all while they put out worse and worse shit. They got a head on them after the Make Something Unreal contest and still act like puffed up faggots.

Didn't they reverse a whole bunch of horrible decisions in KF2 after the community got pissed? If I recall it was stuff about making classes less useful for their intended purpose and they undid all of it pretty quick.

IP isn't working.

I understand how overly sexualized female characters can be annoying to gays and women, but "objectification" is not a "dark mark" on the industry. It's just a silly thing guys do because they like girls very much. Dante is sexy, but that doesn't mean he's objectified. Widowmaker is sexy, but that doesn't mean she's objectified. The list goes on.

The only shit that actually makes me roll my eyes is JRPG armor bikini, and only in cases where it's not explained by lore and is standard. In those cases it's fucking stupid because it kills any and all believeability of the world. I did have a bit of an epiphany though when talking to my girlfriend about games. Girls do actually feel excluded from games when they're designed traditionally, with lots of guy-oriented stuff and tits and shit. I think all of those things are dope and should still be made, but it just makes sense now how women think games are insulting or whatever.

There's also the following chain of thought that women go through when playing a game with sexualized girls:

Again, this is not to say sexualized girls in games are bad. They're imaginary. It doesn't really matter. But the conflict and the stances of both sides are completely understandable. Girls are vain and often feel inadequate because they feel the need to compete for being pretty. Girls in games are really fucking pretty and prettied up to an unrealistic degree in general. Girls think this is what guys expect and want. They are painfully aware that they can't measure up, so it doesn't exactly make them feel good that they won't ever be able to accurately match this male fantasy themselves. Furthermore, in cases when girls in games really are just props, it makes them feel like nothing else is really important to guys.

It's all just a big fat misunderstanding coming from differing perspectives. I don't really know how to explain to girls that just because I like to indulge in fantasies and my love of tits doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to expect them to look just as unrealistically pretty. I'm just glad my own girlfriend just finds humor in the fact that "guys can't help but think with their weenies". Makes the whole "sexist" conflict that much less bitter.

Was gonna leave a short post but wrote an essay. oops

Fag

You mean "We will ban your entire game if you say nigger in a private server"?

No fuck these sjws. The game is shit has always been shit. First game was decent.

gee whiz, I'm sorry for sharing things I care about with a person I care about

And yet it's girls in the MMO guilds I've been in creating "slutmogs" and "slutfits" for their characters they treat like Barbie dolls

You could've been playing with hambeasts who gave up on their own looks and lived through their characters though. From what I've seen in SL trolling videos, it's a pretty common thing.

O-okay.

Is it worth picking up now, when it goes on a decent sale?
I refunded it on release because the game had a crapload of problems back then (and also the whole lootbox microtransaction crap)

As a game - yes, as a way to support the devs - see for yourself.
I unironically enjoy it and will probably clock in it more time than I have in kf1 if they will implement the prestige system :^). Otherwise it's a different game with different dynamics to what kf1's gameplay was, so if that exactly was your initial issue - I don't think anything would change for you.

Reminder that tactical reloads, i.e. reloading with a round chambered is artificially elongated for no reason whatsoever. but you can take a perk to reduce reload times, goy!

do you enjoy getting random crate drops which you need to buy a 2.50 key to unlock a random item?
tripwire are kikes, don't support them.

It's worth getting, even with microtransactions it's a copy of CSGO's skins and whatnot. The game has been getting updates all this past year with new maps, a single class addition, new weapons and even an update to get some pretty decent skins through a seperate "experience". You aren't missing out on much content if you don't buy any of the microtransaction stuff as it is purely additional player models, weapon skins and emotes.
As always wait for a sale though since it's on steam and all.

Alternatively get it for 6 euros from Kinguin or any other CD key reseller.

Did not know I was ok with this

Found the fucking firebug main

cummando with smgs, flashbangs, armor bonuses and the ability to delete scrakes in under 1 second instead of just swooping trash all game

Actually no, what they added was the most unoriginal and most useless piece of shit they could think of. Survivalist sucks absolute dick. At least SWAT has armor bonuses and can stun any enemy with the grenades.

You say that now but just you wait for the crack whore of a VA they would get for her like all the others.
I still remember how pissed people were when they put in the female characters into KF1

Yeah I sure do love taking unnecessary damage on zerker when some idiot shoots the damn thing or better yet when the weapon you are using doesn't have a reliable poke to hit it's head or better yet when one of your shotgun pellets is ahead of the other ones veers off course and hits it's body causing it to explode even though you aimed at the head.

It is just commando but not quite as shit.

Ahahahaahah

Yes I forgot about all those scrakes and fleshpounds on wave 1-4 and how they are around 24/7 and not clumped up with literally all of your primary targets anyways, when crawlers are pretty much your biggest weakness with how slow it is to reload on demo if they get in your face. Howd a nitwit like you get to be so smart?

I wouldn't even consider the survivalist a class. It's just the fence sitter's alternative to picking a perk.

Absolute cancer of a player, this is the sort of retard that picks a level 3 gunslinger on the suicidal weeklies and then gets raped by a clot and blames everyone else

c'mon mate, git gud and stop complaining about not being able to cheese a spot

What's wrong with her exactly? I was glad they added a female character besides that French dyke.

is tumblr impersonated, and annoying as fuck

Literally every line of dialogue she speaks feels like it was specifically designed to be so grating, to get the ringing out of your ears and mind you'd have to dunk your head in raw sewage.
Also before you ask, jagerhorn has no character and his bio doesn't match his voice actor or scripted lines. It's like the writing and acting department had a fight and jagerhorn was caught in the middle of it.

Think you mean personified.

She's a feminist libtard. Her bio even talks about hiding her tattoos from her conservative manager. You could argue that it's satire, but it really feels like someone's self insert.

I think you mean 'personified'.

That's a lot of projecting user, you might hurt yourself with all that retarded shit I literally didnt say.
Also
Ive died too many times from retards like you who cant aim at shit properly.

Im not saying the M16 doesn't exist it's just not something you will have at every opportunity even more so by it's awkward reload. Besides it's not like he wasn't quick to think I meant bomb spamming fucking crawlers.
Also im not talking about cheesing a spot just that demo's weapons reload gives him an inate problem with crawlers if you don't take care of them.

lmao this autist

screeching aussie dyke cunt, and what said, basically
someone make one of those "character main" lists for this shit

You can still buy a key on resellers sites like InstantGaming or Kinguin, it's cheap and they don't get anything.

I feel like the game need more mellee classes amd mellee weapons

Hello are you having a stroke?

They actually had a perk called martial artist planned at some point, but scrapped it.

They may as well just create sub-classes with how much overlapping there is.

To be fair, gunslinger is a fun as fuck perk, much more fun than sharpshooter is across both games. But yeah, it's pretty retarded they now have 2 sets of perks that mostly fill the same role.

I'd rather not have any new characters at all from them if they are just going to ask tumblr for some ocdonutsteele