PS4 games

I'm in the position where I can get a PS4 pro for a heavily discounted price. What worthwhile exclusives and multiplats are on the PS4?

I've got a PC, but it's pretty outdated and the PS4 pro is going to be cheaper than a comparative upgrade. That and my PS3 fat is on the way out as a blu-ray player.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?s=545ace9531fb98fbff07d9959e274df8&p=13216327&postcount=20
playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/
horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Ted_Faro
horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Elisabet_Sobeck
horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Helis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashly_Burch
wiki.pcsx2.net/Shadow_of_the_Colossus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm going to save you from making a purchase you may regret. If you don't already have a list of games you want to play on the system, don't do it.

Outside of Bloodborne? Also, how discounted?

Gravity Rush
Yakuza
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts Collection
Bloodborne
Shadow of the Colossus Remake

And that's all that comes to mind.

These great games are Exclusiveâ„¢ on PS4:
Bloodborne
Mudborne
Mudblood
Bloodclots
Clopping
Low ping
No 5GHz wifi
Multiplayer Paywall
VRshit
Free lifetime membership to NeoGaf ResetEra

I have a small list, but it is small.

The big thing I'm looking at is that I need to replace my PS3 as a Blu-Ray player. After discount this is about $150 AUD more than the blu-ray player I was looking at. That and it gives me an opportunity to play fighting games online with my younger brother who I hardly see anymore.

How is Persona 5 for people who are new to the series?

Last I heard, stick with your PS3 or get an XB1S if that's the case. The PS4 and the regular XB1 suck as Blu-Ray players (I don't know about the PS4 Pro, though).

If you think 6 games is worth it, then go for it. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into.

Nioh since your PC can't play it.

My PS3 is as old as they come. Currently sounds like a jet taking off even when trying to play a film. Completely ruins the experience. I've cleaned out the bastard too.

Why do they suck though?

Honestly, your advice is spot-on. I realise I framed this thread wrong. I've been in a position where I haven't been able to play or enjoy new games for the past 2 years due to an incredibly heavy workload. I genuinely don't know what's available in the world of consoles or AAA outside of shit that's always been there or what was promised ages ago (Bloodborne and Last Guardian)

Bloodborne
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Only if you REALLY liked the first KH collection and need more)
Project Diva Future Tone
Jojo Eyes of Heaven

The regular XB1 and PS4 play Blu-Ray films at 720p (IIRC, and there was something else as well), meanwhile the PS3 play films at 1080p. As for the XB1S, one it's "big" features was that it can play films up to 4K. However, like I said, haven't heard word one about the PS4 Pro's Blu-Ray player.

Forgot about that one. Also if you're into fighting games look at GGXRD2.

As for Persona the plot isn't connected so your good to go. Just be aware that the game holds your hand for like 5 hours and then it finally lets you go. Also it's very character/story driven, doesn't mean it lacks gameplay just that that'll be long periods of just text and interaction between characters. And if you're playing on hard and you fuck up then be prepared to start over. Music and art is top tier too.

games you should definitely get:
bloodborne
nioh compete (should be out next year)
gravity rush
gravity rush 2
nier automata
astebreed
croixleur sigma
yakuza 0
yakuza kiwami
mitsurugi kamui hikae
wipeout omega

games you should consider or get cheap:
ratchet remake
crash trilogy
assault suit leynos
rez infinite
horizon zero dawn (expect a goty edition with all dlc)
wonder boy the dragon's trap
tearaway
natsuiro highschool
puyo puyo tetris
parappa the rapper
loco roco
patapon

I am almost considering it for meme defense force 5
somebody stop me

That's fucked m8. Thanks for the warning though, I'll check it out. I can't believe that they'd do that considering that Sony make TVs and Films (even if their films are trash)

Thanks. I've never given the GG games a shot and I don't know why.

Free, I'm guessing. It's almost Christmas, you know. His parent are just gonna buy him one.

Just have it around and don't touch it until hacks come out.

Uncharted 4
Resogun
Ratchet and Clank
Persona 5
Bloodborne
WipEout
Yakuza 0

I forgot a few more, king of fighters 14, persona 5, .hack gu trilogy, raiden V, final fantasy XII the zodiac age

thats bullshit, just checked. 1080p. Can't attest for the xbone but it's probably the same.

Yeah. I was just checking myself. Couldn't see anything about that. It's missing a UHD blu-ray drive, but I honestly don't think I need that.

World of Final Fantasy

No. Do a little research first.

Yeah, UHD is the only missing feature but I'm not really in a rush for 4K. Probably in the next 5 years.

You don't deserve those sublime numerals.

here comes the mustards to derail again

Biggest thing for me in a fighting game is that it has a large community and that there's a nice gradual skill gradient. SFV fits both of those. I'm never going to play at the level where the lowered skill ceiling affects me.

What's wrong with Last Guardian though? I've enjoyed the other team Ico games.

It's a really good place to start with fighting games since the tutorial/combo/mission modes are well done. Get ready to be shit on and suffer to get better.

and know that you'll never be good unless you dedicate hours upon hours daily and research the game extensively

nothing is wrong with the last guardian really. It wasn't as interesting as ico or as impressive as sotc, but it's something worth playing too. Plus its really cheap these days.

How big is the community?

Had to check around as well to see where I got that info, here's what I found:
forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?s=545ace9531fb98fbff07d9959e274df8&p=13216327&postcount=20
>Why are Apps using the Game mode and game video path? Sony appears to have designed a old standard PC game and media path similar to what we have seen in PCs since 2008 with Vista. APP and game programmers would have a familiar standard to write apps for while waiting for HTML5 embedded DRM standards. Edit: the old standard even includes output as Display Port not HDMI which was criticized by Fail overflow who say the Panasonic Custom HDMI chip converts DP to HDMI which is what older PC GPUs do. Once those standards are in place Sony would publish APIs to use the trustzone block with the Playready 3 embedded routines and all APPs would be rewritten to use them. Since the critical parts of the DRM are hidden there would be no need for a Netflix APP at 1.13 GB.
>In a Sony PDF on " Passage" sent to the FCC DSTAC 6/2015 a chart on page 12 shows multiple CE platforms including a PS3 being streamed RVU which the PS3 already supports and RUI/Vidipath which the PS3 does not yet support. A second PDF from Sony (page 11) shows a PS3 labeled PS4 using "Passage" from a USB Tuner without cable card or any DRM support (DRM is in the PS4 not the cable card). What is being discussed requires a TEE supporting HTML5 MSE EME or something like Embedded Playready and other descriptions require adherence to what are Playready 3 hardware requirements. I.E , the HDMI pins can not be exposed unless the DRM stream is already encrypted. Further, the PS4 PCIe 4 paths from Southbridge to and from the APU and from APU to HDMI as well as Southbridge to HDMI must also not have unencrypted commercial video on them.

so where's it say it can't do 1080p playback, because I didn't see it. And my display and system are both reporting 1080p when playing back 1080p content. they change to 720p when playing 720p content.

That's why I put IIRC in the original post.

Don't know why that was embedded.

Just play on emulator.

WE

I saw the cover of asscreed in the store the other day. Literal fucking flying pyramids. I thought Holla Forums was just making a shitty joke about WUZKANGS but holy fuck

This is a good list of ones already out. I'd also say that The Last Guardian is worth playing but be aware that it's not for everyone and that it doesn't have much in the way of replay value.

In terms of upcoming exclusives, here are some you might want to keep an eye on since Sony rarely if ever promote them at shows:
EDF 5 is also out in Japan but there's no word of a western release right now as far as I know.

Small but dedicated, on PC there's around 100-300 daily. A small playercount is common for fighting games since they require tons of effort and everyone usually chooses one fighting game to stick to.

gundam versus
virtual on
unist
fighting layer ex
not exclusive, but tekken & xrd have bigger playerbases on console

ps4 is sort of worth it if you like fightan/niche weebshit, otherwise i wouldn't bother tbh.

DOAX3

Get anything else for a fighting game except for MvCI, maybe KoF14. You can even hold out for Dragonball Fighter Z, or Fighting Layer EX.

Bloodborne
That's literally it, everything else is either on the PS3 or PC.

You will notice that the large majority of the games listed in this thread is the same group of core games repeated over and over. Bloodborne, Yakuza, EDF, Persona, misc weebshit, and misc fighting games. Research the games listed in this thread and see if you can build a list long enough to justify the cost of the console and games.
pic related should be REFERENCE guide NOT A RECOMMENDATION GUIDE, plus it's also pretty old. Ignore the filename these games are definately not essential must plays, but I've named it such because it's the only way I'd be able to find it and remember it in my giant bloated folder of 150K+ images because I can't organize for shit.

Fucking kill yourselves you retarded faggots.
Every time someone shills that fucking mess of a game, I lose hope. It's not even a good game, just a VN.

Which ones?

is it worth getting the pro? At this point I'm only interested it Yakuza, Bloodborne, and the Digimon games that came out on it.

Is there a PS4 emulator/compatibilty layer for x86 for the exclusives on PS4 and xbone?

No

>>>/reddit/

Didn't think so, only thing that has me slightly interested was that 60fps option though I hear most games aren't compatible with it.

snipperclips

tekken has both of those without sfv's shitty netcode & input delay. there are plenty of retards in green ranks who will gladly mash it out with you. soul calibur will likely have a similar playerbase assuming they don't fuck it up again. if you wanna play a street fighter game, fightcade has all the ones people care about with a strong player population and rollback netcode, usf4 still has a healthy playerbase and plays just as well as it ever did. console is getting the 30th anniversary collection soon w/ online for alpha 3, 3s and sf2 we don't know if they fucked up the online or not yet, but the last port of 3s was entirely solid in that regard
sfv is an embarrassing abortion of a game that will make you hate fighting games. eating shit casually wont make you enjoy it more, there are plenty of better games out there that are worth your time

I'm willing to bet you haven't even played it.

Played it long enough to know that the game hasn't done anything special or even new compared to P4 or P3.

The funniest thing is that I heard tards call p5 a "dungeon crawler". Obviously never seen a proper dungeon crawler so they only have their weeb standards.

Connor?

They think that because the game forces you to grind for hours before you can progress to the next area. Artificially lengthening the time you're playing because otherwise it wouldn't be "fulfilling" if the paper thin plot and characters were set to your own pace the game would be over in a few hours. It's all style no substance.

But at least it has very in-depth characters, right?

Looks like someone needs to git gud

Maybe if you're fucking retarded. The game is balaced just fine and you can do all the fights with no grinding.

What the fuck are you talking about? There was literally never a time I had to grind in any of my 3 playthroughs. You two are obviously circlejerking eachother here.

If generic anime girls count, I guess.

Lovely how no one address the characters and story is shit.

i had to grind a level or 2 on my hard playthrough in palace 2 because i skipped a bunch of fights

The characters and story is fine you retard.

Ace Combat 7 soon, fellow Nugget.

Convincing argument. I really enjoy Persona 5â„¢ now, thanks! Did you also buy the Take your Heart Editionâ„¢ comes with a Steelbook and a Morganaâ„¢ plushie! Limited time offer.

Says the shill that made an entire website over the translators using the wrong facing quotation mark.

What in the fuck are you even talking about?

Oh no, that's so different from p3 and 4 where charaacters weren't all retarded archetypes.

At least he is playing.

At this point I'd just go for the cheapest option you can find tbh. If a Pro isn't much more then sure, otherwise wait for a good deal on a normal one.

Hey retard, where did I say that P4 or P3 were good? I said it did nothing different.

Explain

I know, I'm just making fun of them since they also were shit, clam down.

Pretending to not be connor will only get you so far

Ok. I really need you to explain to me who in the hell is Connor because you're getting nowhere with this.

ok

Did you change the thermal paste? Because that shit had got to be all dry and crusty by now if you have a near-launch model.

Don't let that fucker die. Sony is shitting on backwards compatibility big time as a way to push a shitty broken streaming service that is the prototype for their future distribution model. If you got a system that can read PS3/PS2/PSX games - then treat it like fucking gold. At least until RPCS3 gets a bit further along in development. Stick some CFW on there if you haven't already, and if you haven't fucked yourself by updating already - then load it up with everything you ever wanted.

Save your money, wait until AMD's 2nd gen Ryzen chips come out next year and either get those or get the first gen chips for cheap. RAM prices are expected to come back down by then, and you can find a good upper-midrange GPU used for cheap.

If you do end up with a PS4, I can vouch for Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Project Diva Future Tone, Yakuza 0 & Kiwami. If you don't get them on PC, then Nier Automata, Shantae Half Genie Hero/Pirate's Curse.

I don't know what else to recommend that's not already on the PS3 that I've played. You have access to Tales of Berseria, Nathan Drake Collection (liked the first three better than 4), God of War III, Valkyria Chronicles, Dragons Quest Builders. Not sure if Ys VIII released on PS3. That might be worth getting if you don't get it on PC.

non battle social links can give you new abilities in battle. one gives you NEW gun abilities mid game if you even bother to meet with them, another gives you the ability to switch out party members mid battle, a must in the late game.

you just explained every persona game after 2, so if you went in thinking it was going to be different you're the retard.

Nice list and digits.

I also want some fighting games like Guilty Gear Xrd, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Dragonball Fighterz, J-Stars Victory VS and possibly others.

these are all good, and don't forget blade strangers and virtual on is coming soon.

This entire thread is full of shills, hipsters, and mental defectives.
A healthy adult male should not go frothing at the mouth because someone recommended a game he dislikes. What I’m saying is that the gene pool needs some more chlorine.

Yeah?
Well, I regret nothing

Botw, Odyssey, XC2, Splatoon 2, Arms, and MonHunXX are the ones I had in mind.

The ps4 has no games. It isn't worth it unless you can get it for $20 or less. I am serious, all it has is Bloodborne and even that is just your average souls game. The ps4 is the worst fucking console to release in 30 years.

YOU DUMB SHITS, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A PS4 TO PLAY PS4 GAMES ANY MORE
playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/
You can literally stream any worth while ps4 game to your PC now.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

If you fags are going to keep spouting outdated memes, at least put some effort into it. Just saying "BLOODBORNE BOX NO GAEMS LOL" doesn't cut it anymore.

Except it does because it's still true.

I still don't know why. and it makes me mad.

Doesn't have P5 which is the only good ps4 exclusive this year anyway. Nor does it have bloodborne.

Than how come I am playing it on my ps3?
The ps3 has more games than the fucking ps4.

Sony exclusives might as well be ps4 exclusives because nobody else bought a ps3 or a vita.

Gravity Rush 2 should have been on fucking Vita. I fucking hate sony but I hate sony fans even more for rewarding shit with their cash but not buying the few good things sony tries.

The Vita did and the Ps4 are doing better then any of the competitors. Get the fuck over it.

The vita did what faggot?
So? What does that have to it being a pile of shit? All it means is that you like to eat shit.

Except The Switch of course which already has a better library of games and is outselling the ps4 and is completely destroying it in japan. All it took was a console WITH GAMES for people to realize how shit the ps4 was.

You need to go back

You are a brave man to make this sort of thread here OP.

You realize that is what a PC is for right? If you are playing your ports on a console then you are doing it wrong.

Then what's the point of a switch if you don't care for being nickle and dimed by pieces of plastic or playing the same 2 IPs? The library for any console is pitiful if you are going to suddenly throw in those caveats. OP was talking about any games that he can play on his piss pro 4.

I'm not the user who recommended the Switch but it already does have a better library.

>implying any of them can recreate the magic of Gears or even Saga
Besides, dlc on plastic toys is just a slap in the face to the consumer. If you want to be kikes then just make it fucking dlc and be done with it. Besides,
It's library is knee capped by it's lack of 3rd party support. We are judging the console based on it's library after all.

How is a sequel a remake?
There has been 5 mainline 3D mario games released in 22 years. Your excuse for why it's not good is pathetic and it's clear you are a thinking of any excuse to hold onto your console fanboyism.
I would hate to be a console fanboy like you user. You have to perform the most amazing mental gymnastics in order to justify your shitty purchasing habits.

I guess Bloodborne doesn't count then since there have been more Souls games in the last 10 years than main Mario games.

Nioh is pretty tight. Also Nier Automata has a PC version but it's kinda jank and from my experience the PS4 version seems to run more smoothly. There's also bloodeborne which is pretty good if you like the souls series.

Oh, that's right. They just lifted the game from the Wii U and just ported it to the new console with some extra stuff. Any other company would have just called it the GotY edition!
Are we now splitting the base IP into smaller subsets of IPs? The fact of the matter is that Mario games sell and Nintendo knows it's fanbase
Note how I never said it was a bad game, thanks for assuming though. :^)
Also, put away the projector. What console am I exactly a fanboy of again?
And there's that projection again! Are you trying to hide your bias or something?

You should see the spoiler and quit assuming that a glut of games suddenly mean they are bad. I still stand by my statement that Nintendo pays way too much attention to their money and less to their other IPs.

Either way, i'm going to fuck off. OP made the mistake of having a thread that isn't kosher.

I'm not the one desperately trying to pretend good games aren't good because they are on a system I don't own.
You lose faggot.

You are retarded.

Boost mode helps a lot to make games reach the framerate they're designed for. Won't boost a 30fps game to 60fps but at least it won't drop below 30 in heavy scenes when shit hits the fan and you really need a stable framerate to power through. Problem is, games with explicit support can't be run in compatibility mode with enabled boost and devs generally go for a bigger visual upgrade than the hardware upgrade can handle. As paradoxical as it sounds, a pro or BoneX is a better choice for older games without explicit support and the standard machines are better for newer games with explicit support for the midgen upgrades. Despite the sorry state of explicit support I'm quite happy with my pro, but I'm a dedicated bargain bin diver.

Anyone who buys a system for 4 games needs to kill themselves.

Shit like this is why I feel like I should find another hobby.
They're going to keep churning this Iphone tier shit and fags and retards like you are going to keep buying it.
A literal straight upgrade in the same generation that completely defeats the purpose of owning one of these locked down pieces of shit and
THE GAYMAN COMMUNITY
is totally ok with it.
I wouldn't even care if it was outside this board, but we've got a huge infestation and flooding so this might as well be cuckchan right now.

How does it feel knowing that 4 games is currently the record for most amount of games on a modern console? This is the State we live in user. This is how bad things really are for consolefags.

Doesn't matter how bad it gets, they'll keep defending them.
Just like Steamfaggots and Blizzcucks

It's only going to keep getting worse user. Blizzard set a new standard for 60$ games. That standard is "how little content we can put into a game and still sell millions". Naturally Battlefront did the same.
The only hope is that their kikery fucks them over more than it helps them. Normalfags are getting bored of AAA gaming and moving onto stream cancer instead so at least one cancer is killing another cancer. There is actually a medical term for it, it's called Hypercancer and it can actually save your life because hypercancer feeds on other cancers killing the cancer around it as it grows. In other words the only hope of things getting better is for them to first get far worse.

Dragon Quest Builders (coming to switch)
DQB 2
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Horizon Zero Dawn Game (never played it but some people outside of Holla Forums say its decent)
Disgaea 5 (NISA never ever, buy a used Copy)
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Never played it but its a thing if you liked FF12)
Let It Die
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2

WoFF is just came out on PC

Midgen upgrades are a positive though, unlike all the shit you put into the same list for some reason. It's not like sloppy QA wasn't rampant in gen7 or gen6, plenty of games there that didn't hit their framerate target as well. Damn shame those never got a hardware upgrade.

Of course it is, and so is society itself, people are getting less intelligent on average by generation and that translates to all areas, including entertainment.

Mainstream vidya is no longer the time waster you use on a lazy afternoon, its now the time waster between your 5 minute breaks that has a big chance of getting you as addicted as a gambler.

AA gaming is growing because not everyone can compete in the cancer market. Look at how many decent to good AA games came out this year. The cancer market is too risky and unstable for a lot of smaller companies. EA and Activision are losing to fucking PUBG. Their biggest game of the year was a huge flop as well. The cancer is condensing and literally can't grow any more because the maximum amount of normalfags have been reached.

Like I said, this place might as well be cuckchan right now, can't wait for them to release a shitty mid gen upgrade every year while cocksuckers like you defend it.

People were laughing at Hprse Armor, now look at where we are now.

TRULY A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES!

Its funny how we can thank mobileshit for that since thats the new trend and where all the casuals have been slowly flocking since 2010 and en masse since 2012

I'm specifically trying to get a degree in genetics and populations so I can try to fix this. Even if blacks and spics are destined to take over the white race at the very least I want to be able to boost their IQ with genetic counseling and modification. It's technically possible to do to just like how Chinks have been modifying the genes of their children to make sure they are all men.

iPhone was a mistake

Oh yes, most certainly

Not only has it influenced tech but modern day nauseating sleek design

go fix them back in Africa you mentally ill dickless Kike faggot. We don't want them.

I just wish that we would be able to go back and stop all of this.

I'm not a politician faggot. Be the change you want to see in the world user. I believe in you.

fuck off Holla Forums, you are not fooling anyone with your LARPing.

I miss good aesthetics
Especially in SciFi media

You will never change the world until you start mass producing human clones and modifying genotypes.

You are better off waiting and saving up for PC upgrades. You should be able to get away with CPU + motherboard + RAM as an upgrade at first. You don't have to buy new either, you can always buy used.

I have been thinking about a PS4 for a few years, and every time I see exclusives that make me think about getting one, they usually come to PC too.

It's one of the positives of the PC platform, now also available on console. It's positive regardless of platform.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine. Simultaneous release would also be fine, yearly upgrades however could get messy. As already described, the ideal is software running on hardware more powerful than the hardware it was designed for because devs tend to be overly optimistic and lazy when it comes to performance optimization. Give them a chance to overload a system for prettier screenshots and they'll do it without a second of hesitation. A floating expected hardware performance would encourage this behavior a lot more, so no, I wouldn't defend yearly updates.

Except its nothing like PC hardware because you have to replace the whole fucking package and can't customize or tamper wih it at will
Holy shit, how much are they paying you?

So you're one of those faggots who gets a console before it has games? It's a better alternative to slims for late adopters. And before you try to deflect with my acceptance of simultaneous release: that would take the pressure for pretty screenshots off the standard system, it would have the better framerate, just like it is with recently released games with explicit midgen upgrade support. Current situation is far from ideal, but the option for the premium model to force the codepath for the standard model could fix this.
Not gonna happen regardless of hardware. Pretty pictures sadly sell better than good playability.

"collectively" Holla Forums has shit taste
stop killing fun, at least put some effort into your shit post and bantz.

Because recommending a game that features burch voice acting and has white men as villans is a good idea to pull on Holla Forums

Fun is just a meaningless buzzword because of people like you.
I mean what do you know about fun when you're recommending a game based on normalfag suggestions and not having even played it yourself.

is this true?

I buys consoles second hand when they're cracked and portable
Fucking over early adopters and anyone else who bought a PS4 in 2015 because of Bloodborne, so thats already 33% of the cocksuckers who post here.
Not only but perormance on it varies and isn't avaiable for every game
Yeah, they totally wouldn't do the same they do now but with little text at the bottom right saying "Screenshots represent gameplay from the PS5 Pro Version 1 version of the game"
Fix what? These shitty upgrades fix nothing, as a matter of fact they're killing modern shit consoles and making them more like locked down garbage PCs with less games.
So you just discredited your own argument in the same god damned post?
Great fucking job you idiotic shill

>>>/reddit/

Yes

Trips

provide evidence (you) low-energy shitposting pedofaggotnigger

if you just google it, it will just straight up say it. its on her wikipedia page and she was even nominated for the VGAs for that role (thank god she didnt win).

horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Ted_Faro
horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Elisabet_Sobeck
horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Helis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashly_Burch

They always get fucked. If it isn't performance differences it's relyability problems like RROD or YLOD and even if the stars align just right and none of the usual shit rears its ugly head, they're paying a shitload more, mainly because of lacking bargain bins and second hand markets.
Exactly my argument, thanks for parroting.
Games running slower on the premium model. That's the main problem with them right now.
You really have trouble with reading, my very special friend. The target framerate of a game is one thing, if it hits the target is another question.

Now it makes sense why you would want a premium model at release
No, premium models are kike shit and bring those problems right back, embed related
Where?
Nothing in your post points to that, just makes a retarded assumption that they would stop using screenshots and graphics for advertisement
No, their main problem is existing at all by being Iphone tier shit with barely any improvements but still being a straight upgrade and advertised as a 4K machine and relying on third party companies for performance boosts which won't be fixed anytime soon.
What the fuck are you even talking about?
and the on the same post
You just completely killed your argument right there.
Kill yourself you obtuse nigger

Don't know where else to post this; it's slightly related I guess.

I'll ship –at my cost and only in the continental US– this collector's edition copy of Dark Souls on PS3 to some nice user. It comes with the game, a poster, and an art book in a nice metal box.

Anyone interested? If nobody claims it, I'm gonna bring it to FUCKING GAMESTOP.

I imagine there might be multiple anons who want this; for this reason, I'd like you to do something to prove your worth. Draw me a cool picture or something. Ideally, you'll pay it forward by gifting a cool game to some other user this season. I'll decide who gets it somehow and you probably won't think it's fair but TOO BAD IT'S A FREE VIDEO GAME so just relax.

Merry Christmas, Holla Forums.

Give me the sleeve I lost mine

If I was a burguer and that was Demon Souls I would

god that looks so cathartic

Don't EVER get a pro if you're insistent on getting a ps4, near identical specs, but shit optimization so games run 10-15 fps lower, and it's more expensive
As for exclusives, all the worthwhile sony exclusives except bloodborne are on ps3

But I never said that, I simply denied that it would take any pressure off because the pressure would now all be concentrated on the Premium model which would outsell the standart one and that it would have a meaningful framerate upgrade because muh visual and resolution.
Nice scarecrow fallacy though Mr Shill
What the fuck are you even talking about?
Why are you rambling about a simplistic concept thats completely irrelevant to the point in question?
HOW MUCH IS SONY PAYING YOU?

*not have a meaningful framerate

doubling down on your leftist propaganda. You are not fooling anyone Shareblue!

Horizon is your generic open world shit but with cinematic gameplay mixed in. It's not good if you aren't a casual with shit taste.

have you played it?

Yes. No more than an hour but there is nothing in the gameplay that would interest anyone who isn't a casual. It clearly focused more on it's story and cinematic experience shit than it did wanting to have gameplay that was unique in any way.

how do I know that you are not the casual and just projecting your inadequacy onto others like a typical Jew?

Because Horizon is an open world cinematic game with crafting. That should instantly scream "casual" to you user.

I don't know, you seem to be very dedicated in trying to "sell" this idea that its "casual" on your hearsay alone. Do you honestly expect people to just Listen and Believeâ„¢ your Orwellian thought terminating cliches? When did you become the spokeswoman of Holla Forums's collective opinion?

You seem clearly upset that I am calling a generic open world crafting game casual user. Why is that? Can you explain why it wouldn't be casual? Does the gameplay become deeper into the game?

he doesn't really come off as upset, you might have a bit of the tism if that's how you're reading it

my man you have 17 posts desperately trying to shill against a console for uh, well, what is your reason? You ok?

not upset at all friendo, but morsoe curious as to why you want to resort to pathologizing anyone who does not toe the status quo. Why are you so desperate that everyone agrees with your leftist-podofile pro-irsreal rhetoric. I am just trying to unpack your backpack of prejudices liberal assumptions Skippy.

Now now, no need to resort to hostility Tyrone. I know your people tend to have low IQ's but you have to back up that smack talk with something a bit more witty or substantive. Otherwise people are just going to mock you.

And once again you parrot my argument without realizing it. Yes, the pressure for pretty screenshots would be on the premium model. Therefore it would suffer from getting overloaded in typical scenes. Nobody gives a shit how the standard model looks, so an intern gets tasked with lowering settings until the target framerate is reached. Because marketing isn't screaming at the intern that they want pretty screenshots, he'll just do his job and probably err in the direction of hitting the number he's tasked to hit better. That's the situation right now. The intern might fuck up but he's less likely to fuck up as marketing isn't pushing its cancerous motivation on him.
If nothing changes that's the end and the standard model will more often than not provide the better experience, because it doesn't have to be pretty anymore. In this case the premium model provides a major boon to owners of the standard model.
If however the premium model gained the option to run the code for the standard model, it would profit from that interns work more. Why? Because it could execute the code meant for the standard model faster, just like pro and BoneX run old games without explicit support for them faster. They don't exceed the target framerate because there's usually a limiter that prevents this, but they hit the target framerate more often, in typical cases close to 99% of the time while the standard model struggles pretty often, because the game was made in a time when the standard model had to provide the pretty screenshots that marketing wanted so very very badly.
Why bring that hypothetical option up? Because it almost certainly exists in devkits and should be trivial to implement into a little point buried deep in options menus that could help a lot.
I have no idea how to present the argument in a more retard-proof way, if you still don't get it I'll assume you're merely pretending and move on.

That isn't a thing that exists. Criticizing something isn't shilling against it.

Kek. You are a desperate shill aren't you?

GOD IS SHE UGLY
UGLIER THAN THE SQUID GOBLIN

No please, consolefanboys not being on this site is the best thing we have over cuck chan.

ok lets look at your critique, we'll start from the beginning
that's wrong and there's a varied library already as discussed in the thread
this is also wrong and its not even the worst console this generation.
like really, are you OK? Do you have some internal problems to get out?

an attempt was half-attempted

holy shit I am retarded

Now now, they'd rather derail and shit up any thread they don't like, and cry for banning anyone else who might do the same to threads they like. It would be nice if the mods would do a little something about it. I mean, its like over 40 posts derailing the thread now.

no I was having fun. You are a buzzkill and a nigger. If you are going to shit up a thread at least be funny.

nice strawman, I bet you hate fun. And to think that out of respect people have to Spoiler fun just so it doesn't trigger the someone's autism. Remember when image board's used to be fun?

That's what happens when Mark doesn't ban console fanboys. Nothing says reddit like loving the kike cock.

Mark is the worst BO I have ever seen. Not even exaggerating.

This is how you know someone is either shitposting or shilling.

double trips of truth. at least jobs paid for his crimes with an agonizing, slow death.

It was a pretty easily avoidable one too iirc, I heard he was trying the homeopathic meme out and well that didn't work out

How can a console with only 2 good exclusives be varied?

see:

and some of the replies too. lots of upcoming releases as well. Sounds like your problem is you just don't know anything about the library.

Most of those are redundant since op has a PC and ps3. Don't shill him ports faggot.

a lot are better on PS4. Why settle for an inferior version?

what, you don't want solid 60fps? Higher resolution? More levels in the cases of Astebreed and Croixleur Sigma? Physical ownership is very important too.

So you want him to ditch the ps4 and get a PC?

Give an example user.

if OP wants to, he would have. He's probably like me and is struggling to justify upgrading or building a new PC because a lack of new games that seem worth it.

astebreed and croixleur sigma. more content is an objective improvement.

Has a definitive edition on steam. Will run better on PC

runs at 60fps with no drops on ps4. Nice to see they updated on the PC, but a physical copy is still more valuable. Game has logic tied to framerate so going beyond 60fps is worthless.

So he should get a ps4 pro specifically to play a port? user you aren't making a good shill right now. Seems like to me it would be better to upgrade his PC because at least the PC is still getting a lot of good exclusives.

very different games than what is being released on PS4. If you want more action oriented games, japanese games in particular or games which push the graphical boundaries in appealing directions, PS4 is pretty much your choice.

If you want simulators, strategy games, well, you probably already have a PC that'll run all the latest ones, so why even have the discussion?

Most Japs still play on Ps3, vita and nintendo portables. The ps4 is last in line when it comes to amount of good jap games and sony is clearly pushing for the west audience with the ps4.

thats nice, the games on both are best on the PS4. Vita is the sega saturn of the generation tho, more games than anything else
there's been like 3 games all year on the 3ds, it's been suffering if that's your main platform.
ok

Not if you like portability. If you care so much about FPS then he shouldn't even get the Pro since it actually has worse FPS in a lot of cases.

Christ

I've seen as many cases where it has better FPS than it does worse. The one that comes to mind is the last of us which I remember with the ps4 pro it ran at 57-59fps instead of 60, which is just weird. I think it was patched but I don't recall. There's also games like shadow of the colossus which the devs have stated they're targeting 60fps for the ps4 pro.

Which means there is literally no reason to upgrade.

then don't? I'm waiting for some examples by the way.

Art design is completely fucked, a fucking port running at 60 which is what they should have aimed for the PS3 rerelease, would have been better than that nauseating Unity Project looking shit.

I'm not happy with how it looks right now and I think they're missing the point in some cases, but I'm curious how it'll end up.

That's literally a case where it would be better to emulate then play on ps4.

would rather play the game on ps3, even ps2.

Why? Why would you actively rather play the game at a constant 24 FPS?

No extra content, no Ueda and no remastered Colossus from what they scrapped makes me not give a single fuck and its one of my favorite games.

Makes complete sense

Because he is a Sonygger, how has this not been clear throughtout this whole thread?

maybe staring at the ground/sky, the game drops to 15 regularly and its high is more like 20. That said, I'd much rather have accurate results than a better framerate. If it's missing a ton of effects, there's no point. The PS3 version is already running at 30fps solid, and I have that on my CFW ps3 so it's not like it matters.

A balatant lie
wiki.pcsx2.net/Shadow_of_the_Colossus

I just go where the games are. Not a fanboy for anything except maybe the sega saturn and original xbox

You know ps2 emulate is pretty accurate right? So you are willing to play at less than half the FPS because it's more "True" or something?

No wonder its missing effects from your 2012 laptop
Not the PS4 then, gotcha

wew

It is. At least for most games. It's definitely more accurate than the ps4 remake that's going to come out.

You can't ask for better entertainment tbh

What a laugh

yep, I'll wait until its accurate before I consider it viable.
i'm not, but it didn't have misalignments related to resolution scaling. call me when its fixed first.
its how the devs intended it

it'll be a different game, and one I won't play for accuracy. I'm curious how it'll turn out.

This board has finally hit rock bottom.

Fuck you and everyone else that has bought consoles since 2007, I can't wait to emulate the games you've spent money on for free.

I'd be upset too if everyone else was playing video games and all I had was mods for a decade old game.

Actually it's more like

I'm playing gravity rush 2 right now, just got to the final episode. I didn't know it's been out for an entire generation.

Time for the banhammer

You'll wait forever, but you'll still fellate the butchered remake no doubt
You should play Goldeneye on the N64 and then on PC.
See how shit like that holds up, especially on a modern context
Like clockwork

Its even worse than that user

ftfy

Wow a mediocre game that was supposed to be on the Vita as well, you sure showed him.

Good job naming the only exclusive the system has outside bloodeborn

is this supposed to be some sort of argument? How was your ban btw? Want another?

Reported.

I named plenty before, you can see yourself :)

And they ate all ports

Yes, because you're pretending like the bulk of releases on the PS4 aren't inferior ports/remaster/remakes/ports and the occasional exclusive thats either on the PS3/Vita.
You're pathetic

making typos in such a simple sentence is a little sad user. Some are ports, some are exclusive, some are the best versions.

you would use the argument that a game that's on PC is the best version of the game, right? why is it suddenly not the case if the game is also on PS3, Vita, but its far better on PS4? Comes off as very hypocritical

not very bright, are you?

Literally only 2 good games and the rest are ports. You lost shill.

you need to learn what this word means before you use it my little redditer

Because those platforms are cheaper, hackable and have a better collection of games making said "exclusives" not worth a PS4
Funny coming from brand loyal retard fellating Sony when even weeb game and fightan fans here agree that the PS4 is pretty fucking bad even if they own one for 2 releases.

I did use it right. Only 2 good games and the rest are ports. You know its true.

yeah but the versions of the games are inferior. Having trouble understanding? Low IQ? ESL?
I said it before, I just go where the games are. I don't get upset if they are on another platform I don't have. You sure seem to, however.

here's exclusives on that same list:
you don't seem to know what the word literally means. Many of the games listed are also best on the PS4. It's not a dick, you don't have to take it so hard.

And only 2 of those are good.

subjective really, I think you're the kind of person that would love horizon zero dawn. It's not really my kinda game but I can see why some might enjoy it.

Thanks, I am a Numale and love getting cucked. I also love getting ripped off and the ps4 is amazing in that regard.

Same gameplay and you don't have to buy a useless hunk of plastic.
Seems very superior to me
Guess I'll just list Snipperclips and Steamgoy shovelware as decent exclusives for their respective platforms.

I could tell

you poor shill, who did this to you? you aren't even thinking any more.

Why did you not think I was mentioning Unfolded?
You're used to buying the same 7 old games for 60 FPS now, don't see whats the issue this time.
If only, wasting my time on this board nowadays doesn't even bring joy anymore thanks to all the retards that flooded here post March 2015 including you in 2016.
If I was getting paid that would be very different though

sounds like you haven't enjoyed anything in a long time, consider suicide or maybe try something new. I'd recommend trying out all those games you've been missing out on because you're too much of a stubborn fanboy.
I've been here since 2014, doesn't seem like you've been however.

Why is a shill calling others shills? You are a bad shill though, the ps4 is still a shit console with the worst game selection and you made the mistake of buying one and are now forced to defend it.

The only one who has missed out on games is you retard. You have missed out on so many and have to play shit ports instead of the amazing games that came out this year and none of them are ps4 exclusives.

I played lots of games this year that were released this year. Nioh was fantastic, Nier Automata is the best game I've played in years, Sonic Mania was great, Wonderboy had a fantastic remake, gravity rush 2 is tremendous. It's been a great year for video games. Hey, all of these have been on the PS4, why are you such an upset fanboy about that?

Nice ports. The fact that you love nier so much is clearly because you haven't been able to play Bayo which is far better. You have given no reason why the ps4 isn't the worst console out.

I'm enjoying you fruitlessly trying to defend a brand and a shitty console thats for sure.
Modern releases I'm playing include Nioh, DonDonpachi and Divinity OS2 inbetween my Doom and S.T.A.L.K.E.R mods, just downloaded Eye of the Beholder after finishing Might and Messiah 6 since I only played the shitty GBA port of that game.
Waiting for Bannerlord, Total War Warhammer 3, EDF 5 PC port and Ace Combat 7
I still enjoy plenty of games, you keep fellating that Sony mediocrity though.
Sure you did

You should see how rabid he gets when you talk about Mednafen

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
No, it was decent, better than 2008-2016, but still not great.

wow, you sure play a lot of old games I've already played over a decade ago. Doom was the first game I ever played in fact, I return to it once in a while. Sounds like you spend a lot of time playing the same games over and over again, maybe it's in poor taste for you to be calling out on anyone else for playing the "same 7 old games." Honestly it says a lot more about you than anyone else.
have*
It surprises me that you don't recognize my posting style, you used to ruin the old xbox threads too with cries about how the system is shit, didn't you?

best in 10 years sounds pretty great, sounds like you're very insecure about liking well, anything.

Sorry you have nothing but ports to play. Maybe make a Go Fund Me so you can buy a PC and Switch.

Or a nice used Wiiu. I bet those go for cheap.

have one already, modded and played all the games on it. Sold my library for a really nice profit too, bayonetta1+2 is surprisingly expensive. Like I said, I go where the games are. What makes you think I don't have a PC? (I have several!) and a Switch…well, I don't have one but I may get one after a revision or two, more games, and a price drop. A hack would interest me greatly.

If you go where the games are then why are you defending a console with the least amount and how come the games you listed are all ps4 ports?

but I'm not defending the xbone?

I also played Redout, Planet Coasters and Wargame besides many more modern releases, playing older games doesn't stop me from playing or enjoying modern games as long as they're actually good.
But keep going laddeh, you're laughable, your games consist of overrated as shit multiplats and you haven't even played or listed SRW.
Good work, you sure showed me
Thr guy who made the OG Xbox was chill, not a shill, I actually had tons of discussion about games like Panzer Dragoon Orta and Mechassault before his threads started to become rare, about the same time Crazybus became absent.
2003-2007 was great, this is not, its decent, sounds to me like you have shit taste or didn't play vidya around that time much less 1993-2002 which was the peak of quality.

An actual redditor
Fitting

Oh I'm sure, especially since you go on different threads talking shit about it kek.

I never said this? Many of the games I play are old. You're very inconsistent. Did you get banned again? Is that why you're on a new ID gamezard?

You sure did imply it
No shit, wonder why you complain about people who play mods on other threads then
Why are you pretending like modded games are the same games when a simple value Meta change can make a game completely?
Much more a TC of which Doom and STALKER have several.
Besides the fact that those
Why are pretending like said 7 games are old and that a platform with that amount of games is good while supposedely owning a HUEG and a Saturn?
You're arguments are all over the place.
No, simply changed to a location with better connection unlike you who would probably use it to pretend you were someone else completely to defend or shit on a product and pretend like other fellow anons agreed with your shit tier opinions
Wouldn't get past ad hominem with you and would be too busy buying games instead of playing them, much like you spend more time here than playing on your PS4.
At least I can multitask

no, you might be illiterate. Especially since I said my favorite consoles are the original xbox and sega saturn.
I don't follow
any way, now that you're derailing the thread again, hope you enjoy your break again.

No, no negative connotations here at all.
You do actually, you follow said mod threads to derail them.
Likely the anti emulation autist as well.
Not my objective, but thanks for replying to make that happen.
Sure shows how much you care
What break?
Switching VPNs is piss easy
You think I'd come here and put up with Marks recent hotpocketering at anything he dislikes?
Especially after rule 8?

like I said, you're illiterate. Do you need me to spell it out for you?
sounds very personal, get some help gamezard.

Nope, you're simply that blatant, reading inbetween the lines on your posts isn't that hard, especially with how passive agressive you are.
Maybe you should try to remain anonymous instead of outing yourself every time by rabidly defending Sony, being as passive agressive as a NeoFag forum member while doing so and posting an image of a retard you have a personal pet peeve with then.
But I'm sure you're enjoying all this attention
You didn't even change IDs or anything this time

the mental gymnastics are pretty incredible. Here, to simplify it for you:
might surprise you gamezard, but I never did. A lot of people just think you're really stupid and you derail a lot of threads. You then accuse everyone who picks on you as being the same person ID hopping, when I've never had to change IDs. I've been banned a few times while talking with you because mods are a bit inconsistent, but you need to realize that a lot of people don't like you. It's not just one person ID hopping. I can't even ID hop because I don't pay for a VPN, I live in an apartment where my router isn't my router, but everyone's router so it's not something I can just reset. I'm being 100% sincere when I'm telling you this, a lot of people don't like you and you're really obvious. You're going to keep being made fun of, shit on, and ridiculed. And you sound very, very, very depressed. You might want to change.

You're sad
I'm sorry, maybe you should blogpost and try to peer preassure somewhere else.
Like Reddit for example, I'm sure they'll love you there.
You're certainly not a new face around those parts I'm sure.