Cult Citizen Sued Bread 2 - Kek Boogaloos

More reports about Star Citizen being sued. Apparently there are more details to come and the lawsuit might be bigger than initially thought. Cuckroaches are suing CIG for misusing the CryEngine and breaching contract cause of course they need more shekels.
Whoever loses this, Holla Forums wins.
archive.fo/TGoJe
archive.fo/UI3JV
archive.fo/xa3lX
archive.fo/IxrH7

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/367120501/Crytek-GmbH-versus-Cloud-Imperium-Games-Corporation-and-Roberts-Space-Industries-Corporation
archive.is/6wwgX
twitch.tv/starcitizen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any new court documents?

What new kind of jpeg could they possibly sell to cover the costs, Holla Forums?

I believe this got updated.
scribd.com/document/367120501/Crytek-GmbH-versus-Cloud-Imperium-Games-Corporation-and-Roberts-Space-Industries-Corporation

I actually backed this game and let me tell you why. I wanted the best space game ever. Not a mediocre one. Development takes time especially when delivering a AAA game and it is also expensive if you are trying to create something with a lot of detail and features. CIG do not actually charge enough for each ship since creating each ship can cost at least $100k and that is for a small one. The $15k I've invested on the game already is my own money and I intend to give more. This game is in alpha so it is bound to have rough edges and will likely not be ready for several years. Chris Roberts has made the mistake of showing us what the game development process really is like which nobody truly understands his vision. When this game is finally released everyone will be sorry and wanting to play the game.

I'm sure there are plenty of things left they can whip up in Photoshop in 5 minutes.

Probably do something JewWars Themed and let you build your own Death Star.

Don't you have anything better than reddit pasta?

If only there was some way both of these shit companies would crash and burn because of the lawsuit.
Personally I'm hoping for a long, drawn out lawsuit costing them at least tens of millions, driving them both into bankruptcy.

I do but I posted it in the last bread. I felt like being lazy this time around

How have they not shut down yet? They haven't payed their devs in two years and haven't made a successful game in a fucking decade.

Christ nobody even uses their engine, it's that bad

They supported Erdogan in his Turkish Coup.

a timed exclusive, but it before the court date!

ScamCitizen clearly broke the terms of the contract, what's the point of having contracts if you don't plan to enforce them?

Probably cause Chris thought Crytek would go under before he would ran out of funds for Star Shitizen, then he wouldn't have a problem with that deal with Amazon and that CryEngine fork, but oh no, he fucked up.

>>>/gamergatehq/

You all know it will be blamed on us somehow :^)

When did the roaches become our best friends?

Isn't Crytek suing them because they were allegedly making a second game, but that game was Squadron 42 which is the single player component for Star Citizen?

Crytek's just bullshitting to try and scam the scammers

the fps is as much a part of star citizen as internet explorer was a part of Windows 95, if any of you kids get that reference I'll be amazed

you secretly but not really want it to be about you.

once you sign a deal to make a game with specific engine, you cant back out and switch engines on a whim
you broke the fucking deal, now you pay
is it as bad as record deal in music business?
no, but still you cant switch shit unless you somehow alter the original agreement with say something like another deal
if they didnt do that, they are fucked, no way around it

What are you fucking retards talking about
Keep sucking that weeb cock you Mongolian retards, I'll be here playing the eternal GOTYAY Ryse here.
Seriously what has Crytek done since Ryse?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but go Crytek.

that VR game "the climb"
This lawsuit

I don't care about Crytek, but it's not Jewish to sue a company who breached contact for that breach. Why do you think contracts exist?

It's also about not using Cryengine exclusively and not putting the Crytek Logo on all promotional material.
Roberts can't into reading, the terms were quite clear and he still broke the contract like a retard.
I'd be surprised if this wasn't a deliberate thing. Roberts gets an out that makes him look good to his cult following, allowing him to restart the company after it goes under due to legal costs and Crytek gets a windfall of cash from the inevitable settlement.

WOAH GUYS THIS DUDE KNOWS ABOUT WINDOWS 95

PLEASE EVERYONE COMPLIMENT HIM

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend, user.

How long until we see court time actually happen?

They're still making butterlord tho.

Has there ever been a case of baby posting that was justified?

What interests me is this: Why did CIG/CRoberts feel secure enough to switch the engine despite having a exclusivity agreement with Crytek?
I suspect it's because due to poaching a shitload of ex-Crytek people he knew Crytek was in dire straights and would in all likelihood go bankrupt before they would manage to sue him over breach of contract.

It seems unlikely that a jew like Roberts would underestimate the legal aggression of a desperate shitskin corporation

Still, unless you believe in a conspiracy where CRoberts wants an out (because he knows the game can't be made), conspires with Crytek to wreck the project with a lawsuit while he jumps into his new Porsche with Sandi and drives off into the sunset after the settlement, why open yourself to legal issues like that?

Also, behold another backer story (not so) fresh from SA.

Platform Masters will be released before this shit at this point.

The rarest of rare Pepes, hand-crafted as ship decals.

I reserve that for my waifu, thank you very much.

It's their wordfilter for fuck.

Baby detected.

God damn

He will probably end up murdering his parents.

Behaviour like that reeks of some sort of depression, so he'd opt for the Jonestown Finish most likely.

They have quite a few but I can't remember any but that one. I think logged in members don't see it so it might be to weed out lurker screenshots.

Poetry.

What if this lawsuit is what get Chris Roberts off the hook from actually delivering on his impossible universe simulator?

did they really burn people alive? sounds like bullshit but i don't know anymore

Yeah, i'm not happy about it either. They're taking for fucking ever. Getting sick of waiting to scratch my medieval slave trader/dutch itch.

SA is a hive of trannyism and social justice, what do you expect?

Nigga come on.

What I find funny is that while goons are obsessed with spaaace and many tardlets from Goonswarm did lots and lots of free PR for SC a few years ago (Hell, somebody post those /scg/ infographs for old times sake) nowadays SA has very much turned on Star Citizen and the Cult of Roberts.

Only one way to find out. Buy some jaypegs and go to one of their cons.

'Course they did, user.

Even they realized how retarded the whole thing is. Which in return means that the average SC backer is dumber than a tranny chasing goon pozzlord.

I'm more interested in the implications this will have for crowdfunded games.

Could the backers sue Crytek for their lost cash if CIG is forced to close?

We should hope for this, actually.

>actual jail time handed down and Crytek goes out of business

That would happen only after the backers try emergency donations to keep Star Citizen alive, at which point how could they sue if they cannot afford the court costs?

I was just thinking of those other instances (that I don't feel like researching, sorry) of when people sued Kickstarter backers who failed to deliver.

This is an interesting paradox. If Crytek causes CIG to become unable to deliver on their Kickstarter backer promises, are they then liable as per consumer protection laws?

Whatever happens, we'll get a good laugh out of it I'm sure.

Hi canada.

Nope that's not how it works

You mean the other guys, the backed, the one who didn't deliver

Two words: "Class action"

Crowdfunding has mostly died down, or at least big projects have stopped getting much traction as everyone grew weary of all the disappointments. Once SC fails, for whatever reason, that will be the end of crowdfunding games in general.

That's nice. Too bad there is nothing legally binding about kikestarters that forces them to actually deliver a product. You're basically donating to a bunch of people and it's up to them if they'll bother to give you what they promised.

Also the lawyer can say "pay me later if everything goes well"

Yeah, sorry; meant they sued the people running the Kickstarter.

So from what I understand they bought the Crytek engine dirt cheap but only on the condition they exclusively use it, hand any bug fixes and engine improvements they made to crytek and keep their company logo attached to the game but Cloud Imperium refused to follow though on any of the terms agreed upon before jumping to amazon's engine?
If so then it seems like a slam dunk case in Cryteks favour they had a contract and Cloud Imperium failed to abide by it.

But you forget that Roberts has a +8 in swindling. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to squirm his way outta this.

On the other hand, Chris has friends in Hollywood.

I'll be interested to see if it goes to court or if RSI tries to settle. I think the brief explicitly asks for a jury trial, too

Can he manipulate it to only have shekelcitizen backers on the jury?

It would be incredibly easy for the court to find any transaction info regarding that and excuse any potential jurors that show up on the list.

Someone should inform the judge ahead of time about the cult Chris leads just to be safe none of them get on the jury.

Maybe if Crytek's lawyer was really awful at his job and from the sound of things he's not.

Someone should contact the crytek lawyer then.

That's surprising since the turks have almost no money anymore. Maybe they're banking entirely on taking roberts for all he's worth?

Don't worry, Crytek pretty much hired Dry, Assrape, NoLube & Partners LLP to do their lawyering, they'll have their homework done.

They're roaches, their money is most likely hidden by their relatives (who're probably on the dole in Germany or something).

No. Jury selection will be based on venue and the most they could do would be to try to weed out non-backers.. but then Crytek's council would absolutely get those people removed from the jury pool for a clear bias.

this is interesting news probably because CIG or Roberts showed so much false tech demos of cryengine 3 that if the game comes out. crytek would probably lose allot of potential licensees or it would destroy the brand that is cryengine.

That is my short take on it. Also din't Derek Smart say that CIG would go under but that was 2 years ago or something.

you will get it soon satan

The fact they would go under was obvious since the get go considering how the development of Freelancer went and the feature creep SC experienced, the only question is when.

Doesn't explain their other failures and dying company.

Then Roberts is fucked worse than the furrys who pretend to be playing his game?

Don't lie to me user. I will be upset.

If this is the United States court system we're talking about, they'll get a court date some time within the next 3-5 years, and it will be resolved within 10.
Our court system is backlogged up to a decade currently.

Corporate hearing tend to go through the pipeline quicker. It's mostly criminal cases that are backed up like that.

CIG/RSI might be fucked, but he himself is probably immune from direct prosecution unless there's some weird ownership/tax dodge thing between him, RSI, CIG, and the Star Citizen IP.

Having read the filing, it sounds like some of Crytek's claims are certainly valid (like failing to disclose CryEngine's use in various demos or otherwise removing the logos, or failing to honor various terms of the CryEngine licensing deal in good faith), and some are total bullshit. (Like 'leaking' the CryEngine source code by posting bug fix videos from their devs online.)

If the judge is versed in software rights / IP law and if RSI's lawyer isn't a muppet, I could see some of those charges getting tossed. However, Crytek is seeking damages 'significantly in excess of $75k', so who the hell knows just how much those roaches will actually try to get

>or Star Citizen is released in some stillborn form and any money earned is then lost to Crytek at trial

How much do you think they could reliably get out of this?

No way to know, user. I'm sure Crytek wants as much as they could get; millions, probably. Too bad CIG probably only has barely enough to keep payroll going, lel

Charles Manson
Jim Jones
Chris Roberts

This is going to be the next SCO vs. IBM lawsuit.

CryEngine is not an open source engine.
CIG has acquired a cheap source license for the engine (together with the contract they broke), but that doesn't allow them to give the source code to third parties, like YouTube or that Faceware company.

Xbone's total failure and CryTek exclusive title flopping due to that and Roberts not paying royalties.

what could have been, Holla Forums, what could have been….

Nothing could have been, the project is FUBAR.

More like

I wish Crytek would die so someone else (good if possible) would do SOMETHING with TimeSplitters.
On the other end Chris Roberts does deserve to be sued.
I hope they somehow eat each other to death.

There's a forum post by Erin Roberts from 2014(?) where he says they can do whatever they want because they bought out the engine, this was around the same time Crytek was rumored be filing for insolvency soon.

The real fun is going to start when RSI gets dragged into discovery, forcing them to open up their financials.
There's a veritable skeleton army in that closet I bet.

Scam Citizen threads are always like sweet ambrosia to me.

HOLY SHIT WE GOT A HISTORIAN HERE!

LMOA WHAT AN OLDFAG HE USES WINDOOS XD LIKE DIS IF UR A 90S KID

Are you alright annon?

That was a mistake shitty cuckchanner, the average user on 8ch is in his forties.

What I mean, user, is that there's a big difference between a company (for example) uploading actual source code files from an engine to the internet vs. pictures of that engine's developer screens being in the background for a few seconds during a video. CIG didn't give Youtube any source code; this is a total bullshit argument from Crytek's side.

Confirmed that Erin Roberts has no fucking idea how contracts work. All CIG got from Crytek was a license to use CryEngine; they didn't buy the fucking IP rights to the engine. Dumb bitch.

This is probably the most salient point made in this thread; kudos! Yes, this would be the funniest thing about the trial, even though I doubt it would go public as I'm sure RSI/CIG would fight to say 'Ok, but only the prosecutor and judge can see it'. Assuming there's no malfeasance in the books to begin with - I wouldn't be surprised at all if their accounting was screwy.

JUST

Isn't this the game that MWLLfags shilled?

Im gonna hope roberts wins. Not because I believe in star citizen bht because I was hoping he would milk retards for few more years and then bail without excuse. This way turkroaches are going to stay afloat for few more misarable years before inevitably going under while giving Roberts the perfect excuse to run away with the rest of the money.

There's a couple of fags in MWLL who are into it, but only one actually shills it, to my knowledge and we all despise him

160 mil and no money to hire a lawyer to translate contracts to layman speak? I don't buy it.

Are you niggers RPing or do you seriously think that Star Citizen is a scam?

Go to bed Chris.

It was not originally a scam but they added allot of mods and so on that would make it unlikely to actually work from a technical perspective if they did not heavily modify the engine.

I raised the concern to Derek Smart for fun and he wrote a blog about it, he does not go too technical into it. I gave him a more technical reasons onto why it would not work and how they would fuck it up.

So from my little experience with cryengine I could only see it all work if he created zones even then it would be limited to do the things he wants to do, the overall problem is that it's a good engine for fps and tps, it's rather great in that department and it's memory of object rolling to staying there. But when roberts talks about it doing amazing things like creating a star system that acts like a hub then going to a planet and each of them has a level or 2 and it's not randomly generated.

hello there fellow backer, may i ask how much money did you spend on images of spaceships? come on spit it out.

I don't think you're following this topic closely because recently CIG managed to implement all the necessary tech to deliver on their promises.
Star Citizen's new engine allows it to stream in areas,ships and planets without the need for loading screens and levels as you put it.Also it only loads necessary assets which are relevant to the player with varying LOD so it doesn't affect performance and maintains graphical fidelity.The final product is a seamless large universe with visually stunning details.

And all of that is meaningless if there's absolutely nothing to do. No one is criticizing graphical fidelity here, but the absurd business model and the lack of any meaningful gameplay content after six years only makes it an expensive walking simulator.

Oh shit, didn't realize there was a get.

Heh

And the limit of players per instance is 24, and all footage we have seen of the engine in action with more than one ship involved was in silky smooth one digit FPS. Also, it's not a new engine, it's just a CryEngine fork with all the limitations of the original.

I was discussing with the other user that the game's pitch isn't impossible hence why Star Citizen by definition isn't a scam.

As for gameplay it's no secret that the game is under development and lacks some elements.Currently there's ground and space combat,npcs,racing and a variety of missions.That's enough content to get the single player campaign "Squadron42" released.

Otherwise CIG is running a test server with 4 moons,trading and piracy mechanics and up to 100 players per instance

Factually wrong mate.For example CryEngine has a limited map size and Star Engine doesn't have that issue.

It's been in development for five years and there is nothing to show for it. Every feature is broken, every feature is poorly implemented, they haven't even put together 10% of the promised stuff and all they seem to do is figure out new ways to monetize the vapor pretending to be a game.

Kill yourself and your family, goon. Do them a mercy before we get to them.

lol

nothing will save him from the murder-suiciders.

You know what a fork is? Or even what an engine does?
Map size limit change doesn't turn it into a new engine.

The likely answer here is that they signed the deal with Crytek years back and no one remembered the terms. Common thing. I mean, can you recall the terms of an EULA you signed when you installed a game back in 2012?

Except most people don't read it. Sure, if you or your company is spending thousands or millions on rights to software, assets, or whatever, you're probably going to care a lot more about the license agreement, but compared to your average Joe, he's not going to care about the EULA for the shitty $60 AAA game he's playing. (and possibly pirated which already violates the "agreement") There's a lot more you can risk when you're spending more money, but that part should be obvious.

My point was that no one, not even the company's lawyer, is going to remember the terms of a contract verbatim. Hell, even if the lawyer did memorize it end to end, he'd have to be totally plugged into and aware of everything that's going on at the company at all times. (Which is unreasonable.)

That said, if Crytek did indeed email CIG and say 'ayy, you dun goofed' and CIG ignored / didn't care, that's a different story entirely. Which if Crytek can prove, CIG is screwed.

That's why they PRINT IT OUT AND FUCKING SIGN IT

SO EVERYONE HAS A COPY AND KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT'S UP

AND IF THEY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT'S IN THE CONTRACT THEY CAN JUST GO FUCKING READ IT

EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN DOWN AND SIGNED

EVERYTHING

NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS GAMES WHEN YOU'VE GOT TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THE LINE EXCEPT RETARDED CHILDREN LIKE CHRIS ROBERTS

user, I'm sorry, but you just don't know how this shit actually works. Let me educate you as someone who has drafted, reviewed, and processed hundreds of professional business contracts:

What it sounds like happened is CIG breached terms of the contract (knowingly or unknowingly), was notified about some of those breaches, but choose to ignore the warnings from Crytek.

So it's totally understandable for CIG to forget the minutiae of the contract, but it's ridiculous that they'd ignore official warnings from Crytek. (And this is what could fuck over CIG royally in court.)

Hopefully that clarifies it.

It's clear that Crytek isn't being a dick here, they've been wronged according to the contract. More wood for the fire that keeps me warm. Funny how these days I get more enjoyment from games failing hard than games themselves.

just when you though it couldn t get worst
found this video who just list the claims without going into BS youtuber thoughts

this isn t even proper english

Isn't it, though? The vast majority of my vidya enjoyment for the better part of the last decade has come from cackling with glee every time there's industry drama to ridicule; I barely play video games and what I do is usually either old PC titles or in-house Nintendo games.

I backed this game in May 2013 for $40 and I think I'm getting a decent return for my investment as I absolutely love all the salt from the cultists defending this game and the hilarious attacks from people who call it out for the scam it is. This lawsuit is like a cherry on top! Its not quite the outcome I expected, but I'm still thoroughly entertained.

Jokes on you, I paid nothing and get just as much salt.

I've yet to see substantive evidence to prove that Star Citizen is a scam.
So could you just fill me in on that?

Come on OP, one job.

Just how new are you?

I want cuckchan to leave.

cool, any more stories of this?

I sincerely doubt they would be dumb enough to do that.

what's the source

>Look at all these car ship commercials, maybe one day we'll make a game where any of this matters

All this is amounts to is poor monetization and a bad business model.Not a proof of an ongoing scam.Nice try though.

released as MVP ?
scadron 42 is now a separate game ?

Wew, you guys came out of the woodwork fast. They had a campaign recently to 'recruit' new backers by sharing a referral link, and you'd get points if someone used your link to back SC (minimum $40 a piece). Its a ponzi scheme except no one gets any money at the end, just jpegs, UEC, and crap for their hangers.

?
Did you start browsing imageboards back in 86’, deciphering shitposts in binary on your Apple 2?

Just because you're bad at reading the red flags, does not mean the high potential for a scam does not exist.

user, its in the first second of the webm.

The game isn't released yet.Giving early access builds to backers is a kickstarter promise.As for sq42 they have the right to monetize their product as they please ofc as long as original backers get both the single player and multiplayer games because that's also a promise.
Well that's something for Crytek to prove in court.

And what's wrong with this?
gif related

Isn't that literally a ponzi scheme? You make little to no money and the guys at the top of the pyramid get everything like nines says in vtmb

yes, I know that. I'm talking about the editing.

Squadron 42 was the game that Chris Roberts pitched on Kekstarter and was what he secured a Cryengine license for. They do not have a license to use Cryengine on Star Citizen

What was he even thinking?

Think Destiny 1 sales gave dumb designers the hope of the MMO again?

No, he came up with this before that game. It is entirely due to a massive amount of feature creep.

Ironic that the feature creep ended up making them abandon the single player experience that gave them their first notoriety.

Did he actually make the games he is "known" for or is it like Inafune and Warren Spector?

He isn't. His brother Erin Roberts is actually the guy behind making his games work.

The guy came from the same studio as Spector so take a guess.

Well someone there had to make the fucking games.

Not if you are CIG :^)

No — you can't call them "people", can you?

Well they haven't made any games so that goes without saying. Ion Storm though made games, good ones, so somebody had to make them.

To compensate for your loss, have a free spaceship

Thank you I've donated 700 dollarydoos to you for being so generous

They wont. Where do you think they come after their periodic shoah-ings for wrongthink?

That's no jpeg!
SCAMMER!

WORTHLESS

You're just jealous I bought it first

You'll have to show you're fursuit if you want to convince any of us, comrade.

Don't be so entitled, but fine, have some free dlc

I didn't know laughingwhores.jpg had sequels

Oh god, how can one be this retarded .

They really are that culty.

holy shit if any of this is real they are going to get fucked/ not really maybe. but crytec will have them by the balls. and honestly it seems like (threw the implications of the demands made) that they themselves believed that star citizen could be the best game ever and wanted it as a poster child for their engine. and with the gross disregard to the contract that they signed. (almost as if they where in fact incapable with managing a large business, like shit share your patches with us how fucking hard would that be/LEAVE OUR FUCKING LOGO ON THE LOADING SCREEN YOU FUCKTARDS) & a response of ending contact with them when demands where being made.

i mean hot dam. one of the few sets of laws in this crazy dystopian future that are actually enforced is contract law. and they have them by the balls but they also want best game ever to be made with their game engine. so its a fucking coin flip on weather they are going to steal all their money or take over management of the project.

SC fanboy defense is that they bought the engine in 2014 so they were free of such obligations.
archive.is/6wwgX (last message)

However that could be simple PR managment since we still know nothing of the negociations leading to this buyout of the cryengine in 2014.
The "below market price" maybe have been regarding THIS buyout for thoses condition.

Wait and see but regardless: this will be entertaining to watch.

This lawsuit might take years to settle.Might as well watch the grass grow if you find this kind of stuff entertaining.

just because you "purchase" a game engine does not mean that you own the source code.

The game was licensed to them under conditions that they violated. or crytec claims. but whipping out the razor here they would not want to kill crytec fear of alienating others from their game engine. they cannot go full shekel grab mode (witch is probably what starfags are thinking) as that is just bad fucking business. if there was no contract violated then crytec would have no grounds for a suit. so we can only assume that there is a ligament case here.

the lawsuit yes, but the reaction wont. it will have an effect on the dev or SC. even moreso if CIG know they will have to pay something.

my point exactly, it's just like when you buy a game and you can decompile it. that's doesn t mean you can legaly copy it and give that said game to everyone.

here and from the dev comment: it's more about: Iff crytek go under: we still have the source code to develop it without crytek employee… and that seems to be precicely the point of thsi contract:
and that explain why thoses obligation include: sharing optimisation of performances etc …

Even in the absolute best dream of the fanbois and ignoring all the other stuff after 2014, through 2014 with the original agreement in place they had already taken in $65M, done substantial development, and released parts of the game (e.g. Arena Commander). So an 'engine buyout' wouldn't get them completely off the hook here. At best it would limit the damage.

How much money did they get in total?
About 100 million? More?

Why are you posting pictures of a trap user?

They're at nearly $174M last I checked.

Also, for your entertainment, the holiday 2015 livestream.

It's a loli.

How far can they go?

It's only valuable once you add in a ton of fluff (which totally has relevance in game!). Here, let me help.
This freighter, manufactured by the TetraQuantum Assembly, is one of the most relied upon cargo transport craft known to space farers. It packs a full suite of Stellar Forge gun mounts to guard the valuables inside as well as a Tier 3C surveillance kit to detect any pirates trying to make a covert approach. The CS-class variant replaces some of the bulky Vanguard armor with the revered GHLuHLUU Coterie designed NanoShadow stealth alloy to protect it from law enforcement scans of up to Grade Gamma-7 tier Magnum EMag sweeps!

This HA-CAR Combine developed StarSpawn probe can be launched as a forward scout or left behind to keep tracks of ship movements of the area. With NanoShadow alloy protection it can elude EMag sweeps of up to Grade Titan-Alpha-Bravo or photon scans of level BISHOP-11-1a. The potent SimInt core allows elaborate automated navigation even in dense asteroid fields and the Bloodhound-C16 anti-matter thruster enables rapid evasive maneuvers and increased likelihood of survival if the probe comes under attack.

they trying to be "nice" to them, you know what happens If you try to piss them off.

How do I give you all my money.

New Squadron42 teaser

Maybe they'll sell premium quality pngs at a higher cost to fund their lawyers.

They are selling heavy tanks now but to be fair they were announced months before the lawsuit.

It took them twenty years to make a cutscene.

my favorite part is when they pandered to normalfags about having Mark Hamill and put zero effort into talking about the gameplay, story, mechanics, or anything else related to the product

It's a teaser for tomorrows stream.There's more information in their website if you want.

Unless the stream is "Surprise, singleplayer is finished and it's dropping TODAY!" I don't care.

They are giving gameplay demos with preorders that's more than any AAA developer will offer

This game is AAA you illiterate goon.

It's not funded by a publisher so it's an indie game by definition.

they are selling squadron 42 for 60$ as a standalone …

they have a publisher: Cloud Imperium Games
they even have divisions and Subsidiaries.

Being an indi game mean not having ways to market your game outside from the help of other player/fan with the use of word of mouth and pure interest if the project.
Else you are saying EA is a indy dev because it only live through donation via its lookbox system and people who pay for their games…

I am so sad that aside from the guy who threaten the dev to ask a refund if they do not become transparent about the 88m used, no one asked again.
In the end CIG just refunded him to avoid doing that … and nobody on that cult ever thought it was strange

pic related
Cloud Imperium Games doesn't have a marketing budget and only relies on giving "exclusive" sneak peeks to gaming news outlets like IGN and PC gamer or the referral program and the community.

Only for a limited time!
(While supplies last)

yea right, praise the USA and their retarded way of exhibiting prices: without taxes.

Some fresh ships for sale, who wants to buy off me, christmas is just around the corner come on goys and grills.

This one is the "Deekbhut", a towing class tugship at a glance but with modifications under the hood that makes it perform like an agile fighter. Named after the genetically modified fighting fish seen in the illegal gambling pits of the night markets in Anjaros IV.
YOURS FOR THE SPECIAL PRICE OF $199.99

*$199.99 is a limited time introductory down payment price. Total price is to be announced, does not include taxes and import duties.

wew. They spend tens of millions yearly on all sorts of big events like citizencon, produce weekly highly produced video segments like Around the 'Verse, have video series like Bugsmashers, do big cross-promotion deals with companies like Intel, etc.. Their marketing budget is larger than the dev budget of most non-AAA games.

citations needed
Are also crowdfunded.
They basically do it for free.In a fair trade intel gave them new equipment and paid for the event in exchange for promoting their new ssd.Same thing happened with AMD last year.

You gotta be trying real hard to be this willfully ignorant.

You seem to be confused. It doesn't matter whether their marketing budget is crowdsourced or not; they still have money that they spend on marketing their product. I don't believe that having a marketing budget inherently makes you non-indie like the other user, but you have to be pretty willfully ignorant to state that the marketing budget doesn't exist.

Believe in our Lord and Saviour Roberts and you too can become a Citizen of the Stars Holla Forums.

THIS IS YOUR FINAL CALL

dude are you saying that because it's crowdfunded: it is independant?

wow if that's the case EA and activision too. you are technically crowdfund them by buying their shit.

you speak like everyone aside from the big3 (EA ubisoft activision) are independant. as if activision EA and ubisoft were born big and didn t started from just a couple of guy self funding their stuff…
the point is: no matter were the money come: if you can have marketing budget then you are a "A title" and the more money you pour into it the more "A" you get until you become a "blockbuster of video game".

It's easy: an independant developper are dev were all the money is put into development and were the advertising is made by the fanbase.

as soon as you have your OWN *con and stuff you are a tripple A

WoW isn't independant
EVE online isn't independant

unless you are so retarded that, as i said:

all of your posts reek of shill. is chris paying you that well or are you just that desperate to defend the scam you unwisely bought into?

Sorry you don't seem to get that i was asking citations for the "tens of millions" claim.That's an absurd number for such a small event.

I know that any money they make of selling tickets for events and subscriptions is part of a marketing budget i'm just arguing that it's no where near the marketing budget of AAA games.

EA and Activision have investors and are in no way self funded or independent.

Come clean, user. How many jpegs do you own?

yes i get paid in pngs
now post more semen demons you slut

51+1

Is this shit for real?

This shit writes itself, thwe only thing that could make it better was if it came with neon hair highlights.

A tumbril is a horse-drawn cart and has nothing to do with the website tumblr you cro-magnon.

it have as much (if not more) to do with it than with an actual space tank or system of legendary warrior [quote more buzzword from the ad]

What?

Asuming it isn't a scam top fking kek : IIRCstar citizen is the only game featuring version above 1.0 when the game isn t commertialy out yet. it trully bugs me.

kind of remind me of steamgreelight "scam" with TONS of "updates" with version like 14.5, 20 updates a month for "fucking nothing"

Yep. They sent it exclusively to their whales, the "concierge" members (people who have spent over $1k on jpegs). The game doesn't even have proper space battles yet but act now and get your $700+ dollar land mistake.

Let the dead rest in piece. Do you want another Tomb raider scenario?

Timesplitters 2017 would be a reboot.

Goddammit I want Holla Forums on jury duty.

Cringe

This cuck paid $15k for star citizen post your reaction when you read that

No news on star citizen related suicides yet?

Man you can go full Hotwheels for a week with 15k.

Champagne, cocaine and 12 year old prostitutes in a 5 star hotel swimming pool. Make a nice JPEG for prosperity

Oh, hey, Satan

needs moar jpg

I think the last game to use their engine was Prey 2017 aaand…that's about it, actually.

It's a shame, because early Crytek was full of promise and some impressive talent but then the founders had to throw that away to pursue the cowadoody audience.

Because he bailed their company out with $500 million dollars. When you're in as deep shit as Crytek, you don't have the luxury of turning down those kinds of deals, even if it comes from Hitler himself.

If I remember correctly, civil law doesn't use juries.

It does in burgerland, which is where this lawsuit is being filed.

This idiot deserves to be homeless, especially if you're almost 30 and still this dumb.

Civil suits absolutely use juries, user. I think it only comes down dollar amount (ie: scale of trial) before you get jury or no jury. (Like small claims court doesn't have a jury, I think.)

And doesn't the legal brief filed by Crytek also explicitly request a trial by jury?

What was the pitch of this game again? It looks like the whole pitch is just
"You're in space. You can do anything. You just have to spend thousands of dollars on tanks and ships and shit to do so. Also, there's no concrete details on how the shit you purchased will actually be implemented or used in the final product."
Assuming this isn't just one large scam which I'm confident it is at this point why should any reasonable person donate to this? What is the final product supposed to be?

I agree that it's definitely a scam, but as for your question:
It's essentially supposed to be The Space Sim To End All Space Sims. A fully-persistent first-person perspective, piloting a ship around and engaging in both melee and ship combat and exploration. Plus shiny graphics, of course.

Jesus fuck, anons. Americans have a God-give right to a jury of their peers. If you don't know that, how else you gonna convince a judge to drop a traffic ticket by threatening to waste his time with a jury?

Just because they have a right doesn't mean everyone exercises that right, user.

Your ability to read social cues is astounding user. /s (just to make it obvious)

I've been fantasising about rogue SC fans barging into Crytek HQ dressed up as furry Creepers from Minecraft and blowing themselves up as an act of vengeance for the end of their dream.

Look upon this creature that once deserved to be called a man, like you and I! His mind ravaged by the world around him, eaten away by those who see him as nothing more than energy to be used for the furthering of their own nefarious goals! Watch as his mind tries to twist and bend around he simplest and most juvenile of amateur satire, unsure of reality, but unaffected by other symptoms of modern brain illness! This is he Mind of a husk, the husk envisioned by the powers that be, who wish we all were doomed to the same fate as poor 37d6f7! Look upon him, and weep, o crowd, for he was not vigilant enough for these troubling times!

We're debating semantics here, but that's not technically true. It's called ALPHA 3.0, which is equivalent to 0.3.0.

Why would you pay more money for the same .jpg?

share them with his wife's son

Just an FYI. They released the minimum requirements for Squadron 42. The goyim will be pleased!

my 4 year old ps4 can run games with better graphics and higher fps than any pc can run star citizen.pc mustard race indeed.

you're paying in advance for a product. they can call it a donation all they like but you're still giving them money for a product.

What kind of avant garde bloat is this?

It comes with a built in bitcoin miner.

this.
but how are they profiting from this if it's an offline single player game
:thinking:

Roberts got sued for an engine that can't do mmo space sims right and is asking for ridiculous specs to even run it at minimum while the netcode is still hot garbage and can't fit more than 20 players at best, let that sink in

This is why jew thrive in the usa

But that would require more than 4GB of VRAM unless they're mining Bitcoin cash or some other GPU coin with a small blockchain.
Knowing CIG though they'll probably have implemented a barely functioning regular BTC miner on top of their CPU hogging Cryengine hacks for the purpose of revitalizing the semiconductor industry.

Looking at this 21 years later, they might have had a point there.

I don't usually pre order. But if they made a real Wing Commander/Starlancer kind of game instead of WoW in space I'd throw €70 at it.

Wing Commander was cool. You fought space cats in space.

fucking killyourself.

Look up squadron42 they got mark hamill and it looks much better than scam citizen

What a poorly optimized, badly coded pile of shit.

No need. Only Japs still make games that are completely offline without GaaS.

Chris Roberts did the same with Freelancer - blew out the scope of the project and it had to have an intervention by the publisher to save it. But there's no publisher this time, and no saving it.

I bet 90% people can't run this shit

Holy shit…

Also lol: they had to cancel today's holiday livestream they were hyping with that mark hamill trailer and IGN promotion because it's too broken to even demo. They'll try again tomorrow.
How do you fuck up so bad that something you planned for for months is in a completely undemoable state at the scheduled time? The demo version should have been frozen weeks ago. I bet they have no branches in their version control, it's just one huge main branch with no code review and "please don't break main today, there's a demo" company emails like a shitty indie studio.

"The Intel Optane SS 900P Series is the industry-leading drive to experience smooth gaming with Star Citizen"

How can they say this when the fucking game hasn't even left the alpha stage after 5 years of production?

This is Baghdad Bob tier.

user, if you actually gave a single shit about the future of gaming you would have already bought a supercomputer to future proof and enjoy Star Citizen in silky smooth 24 fps.

None of this makes any sense. No way a 750 would run this shit game at a stable FPS. On top of that they list 16gb of SYSTEM memory and only fucking 4 for Video? New games almost need 6-8 gigs.

God knows what spaghetti code they shat out over the years. Like that other user said, their coding is so shoddy a demo presentation, likely a highly scripted vertical slice they announced months in advanced had to be postponed because they game kept shitting itself. And this is after 100+ million dollars of investment and five years of development.

It's like the guy is smearing shit on his face to spite people

Cult behavior. We'll witness them drinking the Kool-Aid, in the literal sense, once they realize the project is dead.

More like spending money to pretend to one day get the chance to smear shit on his face.

Just replace the nigs and mulattos with obese goons who already look like bloated corpses

How many whales do they have remaining anyway? They had clans pledging upwards of 20k USD bail on them and demand refunds by now.

Into bankruptcy, I hope.

lol

A while back /r/starcitizen_refunds estimated CIG's primary source of dosh to be around 4000 accounts with regular investments, although an increase in refunds exceeding $5k and the existence of extremely dedicated whales with multiple $18k complenionist packages spread across sock accounts puts the number closer to 2000.
I'd give a source but can't find the page for some reason.

The reality is that Star Citizen is incredibly niche. This is not Uncharted or GTA.

I try to imagine what the game could have looked like if someone more competent had been at the helm, someone that had prioritized performance and scalability over graphical fidelity, someone who, instead of pushing for everything at once made the sane choice of developing each part of the game sequentially.

I mean, if a non-retard was in charge first they would have made Squadron 42 as a testbed for the gameplay, likely released some multiplayer expansion for it to test the netcode, and only afterwards tackled Star Citizen. This will be Freelancer all over again.

twitch.tv/starcitizen

Who needs 2 watches?

I'd believe it, if only because we've seen this exact scenario play out before. Bioshock Infinite cost 100 million to make and took years to be released in an unfinished, half-assed state because Ken Levine is a psychotic retard who kept scrapping projects and ideas and then making promises he couldn't keep.. Kind of like the exact shit that Chris Roberts has been doing for a few years now. This isn't some crazy conspiracy theory or a "my dad works for Nintendo story", this is a basic description of a very common problem that has happened countless times before with far less ambitious projects run by untalented, unprepared teams being represented by some loud-mouthed fucker who promised everyone a game no one could ever possibly make.

One is a Smart watch. If you know what i mean.

Oy you cheeky cunt!

Reminded me of this clip starting at 0:48
Can't embed time links

I'm surprised nobody has made a thread to make fun of their "holiday special" currently live on twitch.

Did they finally manage to make it run?

Unless it's Chris being haunted the ghosts of vidya's past, present, and disappointments yet to be I don't care.

He flies around while mark hamil talks to him. Absolutely no gameplay has occured except for extremely slow flying.

There was a dog fighting portion maybe you missed it.

Poor Mark. The guy can't catch a break.

That's about all the engine can handle without shitting itself and dropping into single digit fps.

Yeah I missed it

So Space Engine with more space ship models?

He got out and is walking around some abandoned base. Walked through total nothing for about two minutes and now he's up at a terminal pressing the use key to bring it online. 2 More to go!

This is the same autistic tard that thought it was fun and games to make loading cargo into your ship a real time process (that can also be done by hand). Nothing is more entertaining than watching a few dozen crates slowly being loaded in your ship, and watching it happen for the hundredth time.

FPS shooting now. Really bad

Meant to post this.

Holla Forums btfo i guess

Because he is signalling to his fellow liberator.

and so is CIG …
That's why you define a game being independant or triple A on the amount of money spent on marketing rather than developping the game itself.

CIG have 2 or 3 studio, organize *con, etc… they are as independant as ubisoft ACTIVISION-blizzard, EA etc…
calling CIG independant just because they are younger is as retarded as saying:
< "EA is just and old indepedant publisher"

There is no tripple A pubisher who just suddently spawn with millions of funds before even making their 1st game and … oh wait ? i guess CIG is a 1st

The Squadron 42 demo looks nice… if it ever releases and isn't staged.

Tough it bugs me that pilots take the job of marines and go fighting on ground.

I like this idea.