Super Mario 64

THE MADMAN IS AT IT AGAIN

To keep this from becoming from a complete meme thread, SM64 romhacks have been booming as of lately. I haven't had the time to check them all. Any really good ones? What about fun multiplayer romhacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

hastebin.com/xihewalike.py
repl.it/languages/python3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshaking
m.imgur.com/a/4M4Ee
shed.bike/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem#Simple_solutions
tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is still fucking autistic

It's pretty impressive how this guy made the 12hrs meme get invalidated

He finally reached 「Heaven」.

INJECT MY BLOODSTREAM WITH MERCURY AND GIVE ME AUTISM ALREADY. I WANT OFF THIS PLANE.

""""Henry"""" can't appreciate good autism

Did I just watch an arthouse film? I'm so confused right now…..

You watched a highly advanced form of autism.

checked

Humanity… this is the power of humanity…
This is why no alien race will ever beat us

He better be making a living out of this like SM64 speedrunners.

I wonder what his job actually is
I'd like to imagine him as a customer support person "My internet is broken how do I fix it" "First I'm going to have to explain Parallel Universes"

He has the resources to give someone $1000 for a single glitch in Mario 64.

What you need is my stand, 「Autism Infinity」

Heavenly Dio was such fucking disappointment, really shows how worse jojo got in years

Its not canon.

You better take that back nigger

I could agree that some of the magic is gone, specially with the current part but c'mon nigger

How do you feel about JJL?

I feel like Kira's relationship with Holly is somewhat contrived, Josefumi is kinda lame, and it feels like villain of the week shit.
At least with Part 2, you had a shonen tournament, and Part 3 had a cast of cool characters, even Part 7 was a buddy stoner comedy, and I don't particularly enjoy or hate Part 8.

Why aren't you mentioning part 4, and how it's the best part of the series?

Part 8 just has no direction. First it was the wall eyes and the bites, then his identity, then the fruits, and now the pillarmen. It's kinda lacking in a clear direction other than muh fruit.

$1000 isn't that much.

I think that each part is good at something or because of one particular aspect so it's hard to declare a "best" part. Like I just happened to read the ending of Part 6 again last month when they're at the Kennedy Space Centre, and it just felt great. Araki is least pretty good when he starts killing characters and making it feel like shit got real

Gay priest controlling gravity is one of the most helpless feelings you can get in media. You as the reader just feel powerless.

Part 8 itself it's not that bad, but it feels like a downgrade from part 7. Gappy it's really bland as a protagonist (almost a direct cause of him having no memories) and suffers the problem that everyone it's more interesting as characters than him, it has some cool fights but all feels pointless when all of these take to nowhere, part 8 has lasted the same amount the time that p7 did yet it barely feels like it's getting out of the first act which it's getting kind of tired because it's looks like this part it's dragging for to long. Also, i'm not sure how much I like Araki copy/pasting the same old stands (Killer Queen) just because, I kind of overlooked that in SBR because 1. The Dio of that universe at least had his own original stand and 2. Za warudo Dio came out as a "oh shit" moment, Killer Queen seems to be there in case there's a retard that doesn't think we are talking about the same Kira. And for fucks sake can someone tell me who is suppose to be the villain in this part?

I feel like Josuke is going to die again and merge with someone else. Assuming there's an overarching plot and not just "series of unconnected events that just so happen to be connected"

These threads are cuckchan tier.

I know autism but honestly, how can this kid be both smart enough to figure this shit out and stupid enough to wast his time with it?

It's called autism, now chexk em

fuck (you) nigger

This autism is almost sufficiently advanced enough to be weaponized.
I wish I had that copypasta of pannen murdering Shigeru Miyamoto and having to be chased down by Henry.

Jesus.

How big is TJ "Henry" Yoshi's cock?

6 and a half A presses

Watch Out for Throbbing Cocks in 0.5 strokes

Autism is the ninth wonder of the world.

You'll get used to it, here I believe this one is the one where he explains Half A Presses.

I would let yoshi in any of my qpus tbh

That's the one, but somebody should reencode with a higher bitrate now that the filesize limit is greater. I'd do it, but my computer would take forever to finish it.

So let's talk about Parallel Universes.
In an alternate universe this guy turns his autism into other games. There's a universe where he exploits Donkey Kong 64 for all it's worth. There's one for Banjo Kazooie, and one for Pokemon Yellow using a Super Game Boy.(That last one can get into some crazy Shit, I've seen people run custom code inside of Pokemon Yellow by exploiting glitches and using XBAND to stream a twitch chat live through the Pokemon Dialog boxes)
This man is a singularity that crosses all dimensions.
I fear and dread the universe where he focuses on Minecraft. He's probably already developed True AI within it using only Command Blocks and Boat Glitches.

But he's not speedrunning, retard, he's gaining speed while not running at all.
Newfags should be banned on sight, especially for something this classic.

you fucking retard

plebs begone.

What is it about the 64 that makes it the autists system of choice? The majority of its popular titles are all pretty popular in speed running.

Well, we now have the “plant appraiser” or did that arc end? I haven’t been keeping up with JoJo-Lion, tbh.

It’s stable enough to have games with lots of content, but shitty enough to have lots of exploitable bugs. Like using the lag generated by stacking orange bomb explosions to build speed and boundary break in Donkey Kong 64

Very simple for 3D level design reminiscent of older game design, and cutscenes that are present are typically shorter and simpler. More interesting bugs due to the simpler tools and code options available also make them funner to run and watch. Also a simpler RNG that allowed predictable or manipulable RNG. Older games get speedrun all the time. Newer ones aren't as popular because there's a much higher chance of getting fucked by the RNG, you have to sit through tons of cutscenes and loading screens, and they're pretty safe (or at least bugs and glitches are just annoying and don't contribute much to a speedrun) due to memory management.
64 is about the end of that threshold. After that, the resources on the consoles skyrocketed.

Wouldn't even need love train.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Has he been able to beat the game with 0 A presses yet? Last I heard he was only 1 star away.

Holy fuck the site is slow today. Does anyone else have issues?

Those would be alternate universes, not parallel

A button cannot be a half-press, it is either pressed or it is not. It's not a fucking analog.

shut up "Henry"

Holding down an A button without releasing it is a half A press

sometimes I wonder who has the autism here

That's almost half my paycheck.

Hi

Jojo was never good.

What purpose do you find in being purposely wrong?

A dualshock doesn't have an A button.

Yeah it does, the Green A button, at the top

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
SM64 SUCKS WHO CARES
NOW BAN ME NINTENDO SHILL MODS

user mods only care about modern nutendo shit. I've been banned for defending 64 over Odyssey/3D world. Jesus lurk more.

Nonsense. You can't go to the bank with half of a check.

So is Mako holding the blade between her cunt lips there or are her hips just being held above it?

Shaking a hand and then refusing to let go isn't half a handshake. It's just a handshake you don't stop. This bullshit about pressing states is entirely arbitrary and is based on nothing.

A handshake is defined by letting go, so that’s entirely wrong.

Mario has three states. When A isn't pressed, when A is pressed, and when A is released. Half an A press is when A is being held down and not released.

Don't you mean 0.66 of an A press?

can this be just a general speedrun autism thread?
plays spongebob battle for bikini bottom for 8-10 hours a day, and spergs at the chat when they say anything that questions his ability to be the best in the world at the game

See, a full A press consists of pressing the button, then releasing it. The point people tend to get hung up on is on paying too much attention to the final state after releasing the button, which is with the button being unpressed. However, if you look at the big picture, you'll notice that if you were to chain several A presses, the second instance of the button being unpressed is the requirement for the button to actually be pressed again.
So we have: A isn't pressed, A is pressed, A is released, A is pressed again, A is released.

Defining A presses is much like the Monty Hall problem. Once you look at it from the proper perspective, it's self evident why you should always switch, but many just don't have the capacity to process that.

Why would you switch during the Monty Hall problem? You have a 50/50 chance of winning regardless

we're counting the amount of A presses in this run, he's trying to minimize them. Apparently pressing and holding A allows for a bit more extra movement types that get him to some stars. But, since we're holding down A to get these extra options untill we get the star, it doesn't count for the amount of A presses. He defines that state of holding the A button as half an a press because it is in the down state (possibly in half a state defined as being up or down)

While i can get where youre coming from and using the term "Held down A press" would make more sense, half an A press is just how the man coined the state hence we refer to it as such.

oh boy here we go again
So we have 3 doors with a prize hidden behind only one.
You choose one door, the announcer reveals a second door and asks you if you want to switch to the third.
What happens when the announcer willfully reveals a door and offers you the switch is an uneven divide of the choice space. You now have two options:
If instead of the announcer revealing a single door, you were just given the option to open the two other doors instead, you would switch in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?
Try the same exercise with 100 doors. You pick one, then the announcer reveals 98 other doors, and offers you to switch to the last one. Are you still confident that you picked the right door right of the bat, or would you rather just open the other 99 doors?

Yes, because it's a 50/50 chance of picking the winning or losing door, you have no way of knowing

Correct. There's always the chance, switch or not, of not picking the door with the price.
wrong. It would be a 50% chance if the prize was shuffled after the announcer reveals the doors. This is not the case, so choosing to switch to the other door is equivalent to choosing to open all the doors besides the one you initially chose.

Do people shitpost at Pannenkoek for explaining the 0.5x A press thing in a pedantic way, or are there genuinely people out there who can't understand the concept?

Even smart people can have some trouble understanding something simple in a bad day or during a bad moment.
Now imagine the average youtube commenter trying to understand anything in a Pannen video.

>turns out he's just another "henry"fag I should've known better because he's a bit of a normie
I don't think it's that hard of a concept to wrap your head around. Really, following the QPU movements is kind of hard to wrap your head around, since you just have to trust mario is where the calculations say he is. Still, none of these henryfags make a peep about moving through parallel universes. I can't help but wonder if they do understand that part, but for some reason 0.5x A presses is the harder concept, and I just have it backwards

No, it's the opposite. If they can't even begin to understand something too esoteric they won't say anything about it. they'll just assume whatever they heard is right because it's too complicated for them. This doesn't happen because someone is necessarily stupid, it happens when someone lacks knowledge about something and everyone does it.
But when presented with something apparently simple but that seems slightly wrong or weird (the half a press part), that's when people start asking questions. This is where you can tell if someone is stupid or not if they understand the half A press thing exists because it was pressed before the video/start started and will be released during it or after it ends.

So?
Assuming you get paid ~$2000 twice a month you're making at least $48000 a year.
When you're making that amount $1000 isn't shit, unless you're married and have kids and a bunch of normalfag tier debnts.

Henry is right there is not such thing as a half a press because its really just a matter of extremely utterly autistic nomenclature. Nobody cares about the parallel universe shit because that too is matter of extremely utterly autistic nomenclature but is not as simple undermined. You see the reactionary screeching is the desired effect and pointing out the obvious absurdity of a half A press is the path of less resistance to active this outcome.

You need to update your home to the death barrier

How does that register in the game though? Hasn't the signal already been sent?

It was good when it was about hamon and shit. Stands were pretty underwhelming since introduction and from there on it only got lamer.

Yeah, I don't get this either. How is the A press predicated on being able to press it again? You've registered the A press in game; a 1:1 action-reaction scenario. It doesn't make sense to call it a half a press.

It has but A presses are only counted for the run during the level, so if you're holding A before you enter the level, you now have the pressed state of A(and the advantages that brings) without using an A press for the run.

Have you depressed the button and it had activated? Then that's a full press. Half a press is when you depressed the button but gave up halfway through and it never activated. It's pretty simple.

I was once like you. I have some bad news: the reality we live in is broken. I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes, when a stranger was kind enough to put together a quick simulation to demonstrate it to me.

Copy-paste this: hastebin.com/xihewalike.py
into this: repl.it/languages/python3
and run it. I'm so sorry.

That sums me up pretty well. I'm a closet henryfag because an A press is an A press. When the A button has been pushed in to the point where the game recognises it as A having been pressed, that's an A press. The pressing of the button is the only relevant part - holding it (or not) is a separate matter, and releasing it serves no purpose except to allow you to press it again. A is pressed when you press A. You can't divide it into half an A press, because if you only pressed it halfway then the game wouldn't recognise A as having been pressed at all. That's not 0.5 A presses, that's 0 A presses. There is no such thing as half an A press, but I keep a lid on it because a world with pannenkoek's autism is much better than a world without it, and if putting up with "half" A presses is the price I have to pay, then so be it. The actual QPU stuff is pretty simple once it's explained. The issue comes from him flat out ignoring the definition of the word "press".

Because it depends on the context of the rest of the run.

In a single segment, it counts as an A press because an A button must be held in order to perform it.
In the course of a full run, you are already chaining an A press from a previous action and holding the button until you reach the course; thus, you don't need to press it

Nonsense. You either win or you don't win, there isn't half a win.

Sonic was never good.

Yes. Winning.

It depends on the context of the rest of the show.

In a single round, it counts as a win because a door must be chosen in order to open it.
In the course of a full game-show, you are already switching doors from your previous choice and guessing until you get the car; thus, you don't need to win it.

A paycheck is a paycheck you can't say it's only half

Is anyone looking at this mans spreadsheets and shit that he posted in the description?

No, it's defined by the shaking of hands you fucking illiterate. Letting go is letting go, an action in and of itself.

Nope, it’s defined as grasping, shaking, and letting go. You’re legitimately autistic.

Having won a car before, they pay the difference of most of those fees besides insurance.

OKAY FAGGOTS explain this

Door 1 contains the prize. Contestant A chooses door 1, and keeps, host reveals door 2 or 3, wins. Contestant A chooses door 2 and keeps, host reveals door 3, loses. Contestant A chooses door 3 and keeps, host reveals door 2, loses. Contestant B chooses door 1 and switches, host reveals door 2 or 3, loses. Contestant B chooses door 2 and switches, host reveals door 3, wins. Contestant B chooses door 3 and switches, host reveals door 2, wins. Contestant A has ⅓ chance of winning, contestant B has ⅔ chance of winning.

Contestant chooses a door. It's ⅓ chance to win the prize and ⅔ chance to lose. Host reveals an empty door. Contestant A keeps the door. Contestant B changes the door. Contestant A has ⅓ chance to win it had originally. Contestant B has ⅔ to win because there's only ⅓ chance he picked right to start with, and having host revealed one empty door, the remaining door has ⅔ chance to contain the prize.

It is semantic, however More accurately it would be that you can beat mario odyssey with no "mario jumps"

If shaking is defined as grasping, shaking, and letting go, wouldn't that trap you in an endless repeat of grasping the other person's hand over and over, until it has been compressed into a singularity and you both die?

shaking = grasping + shaking + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
∴ shaking = grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + (grasping + shaking + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go) + letting go
And so on…

Grasping is not part of shaking hands - it's a prerequisite that must be met before shaking is possible, but it's not part of the handshake. Likewise, letting go isn't a part of it - it's just a thing you do after the handshake so that people don't call the police. A handshake is defined as the thing where the hands shake.

Wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshaking

>this is two a presses to a ''henry'''fag

I guess this is more your style huh?

Here's a webm

Nintendo draws autists like moths to a flame. Bright colours and childish.

N64 is just the era they grew up in childhood wise or now became the community standard

Well, Anonymous "3573eb" 13996478, actually, you'll find that I'm two-thirds correct. You see, in the context of this discussion, we can define "correct definition of handshaking" as having three parts: first, there's the action of grasping; second, there's the shake itself; and third, there's letting go. Now, in this case, I have only asserted that the shake is a necessary part of a handshake, while leaving the grasping and letting go as unnecessary. From the wikipedia definition of handshaking, we can see that there is no mention of grasping a hand, shaking a hand, or letting go of a hand. Note that we can't physically grasp a server's hand and shake it - this fails before we can even begin. So, if your dream was to bring all of your computers together for one big meet-and-greet, I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen. Now, from this, we can see that I've performed two out of the three actions for a "correct definition of handshaking" - while I did say that shaking the hand is required, grasping and letting go have both been left as irrelevant, hence the "two-thirds" correct. In the context of a full thread, we usually just round that up to one full correct definition of a handshake.

And there you have it: handshaking done with two-thirds of a correct definition. Man, I did not expect this post to become ten sentences long when I started replying, but I guess there was just that much to explain! :^)

That's still one A press. Y'know, because A was pressed once.

Wasn't SBR weekly for a bit before it became monthly?

Anyways, Araki is known for making shit up as he goes (The Arrow in Part 5 comes to mind) and it really feels like he got some ideas out of his ass during Part 8 that went no-fucking-where. There was too much downtime between investigation and slice of life crap, feels like Part 4 and how slow it was.

In a segment however it is still 1/2 an A press since the segment began with half the process already being committed to at the start of the segment.
While as a whole the run would consist of a whole number of A presses for the segment it would be 1/2 an A press.
OF COURSE, IF YOU HAD ALREADY BEEN HOLDING A WHEN YOU TURNED ON THE SYSTEM AND MANAGED TO CLEAR WITHOUT NEEDING TO REPRESS YOU WOULD HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME IN 0.5 AN A PRESS SINCE THE ACTION OF PRESSING WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INITIATED IN THE SOFTWARE ITSELF BUT RATHER IN THE BOOTSYS OF THE N64

AN A PRESS IS AN A PRESS YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S ONLY HALF

Autism is overrated.

should this be updated with the newly acquired speed?

Are you talking like the actual button in the controller being completely off or randomly switching on?
Because if a short triggers the button it's still an A press.

It's the physical hardware and software of the game as provided to me by Nintendo. I didn't press anything.

LEGITIMATELY AUTISTIC.

Yeah but technically the A button is being pressed, you aren't pressing it but by well frankly anyone it would still be "pressing" the button.
Even if we're running on the Pannekoencept of a button press.

You are correct, but half of the A press was during level 1, and the other half was in level 2

I wanna fug that mascot.

There are always variations in hardware. Every console runs a game at a slightly different clock rate, for example. No one considers these variations to be player agency so my hypothetical shorted controller should not be considered to be my making an A press.

If A was already pressed before the start of a particular segment, that segment was done with zero A presses, not half an A press. If you didn't press A in that particular segment, where does the half come from? You're just pulling it out of nowhere. It's 0 A presses, 1 A hold, A releases negotiable.
THAT WOULD STILL BE ZERO A PRESSES, NOT HALF AN A PRESS. IF YOU DON'T PRESS A IN THE GAME, IT'S NOT AN A PRESS.
WE NEED TO ESTABLISH JUST WHERE THE LIMITS ARE FOR IF AN A PRESS IS COUNTED OR NOT, REALLY. IS IT AN A PRESS IF YOU PRESS AND HOLD WHILE THE SYSTEM IS BOOTING? WHAT IF A IS PRESSED DOWN BEFORE YOU SWITCH ON THE N64? WHAT IF YOU MODIFY YOUR CONTROLLER TO MAKE THE A BUTTON INTO A TOGGLE SWITCH, INSTEAD OF A BUTTON? THEN YOU COULD ALWAYS DO ZERO A PRESSES BECAUSE THERE'S NO A BUTTON TO PRESS - NO-ONE CARES ABOUT A TOGGLES. WHAT IF YOU HAVE A PRE-OWNED CONTROLLER? DOES IT COUNT AS AN A PRESS IF THE GUY YOU BOUGHT IT FROM PRESSED A?

vvevv

All of the A press was during level 1. A was held down all the way into level 2, but A was not pressed in level 2. One A press in level 1, zero A presses in level 2.

Right, but the A button being held down does change the way your character moves. So the fact that it was still held down in to level 2 is relevant

I became physically ill watching all this planning, effort and brainpower wasted on abusing a fucking mario game.

I think on a fundamental level there isn't analogous properties between the shorted controller and the n64 hardware itself having a slightly different clock speed since the n64 clockspeed difference issue isn't readily observable or changable, however a broken controller is.
It'd be like me stating hooking up an Arduino to push the A button for me is not an A press because I had not pressed A

Technically since the N64 does indeed have some level of presoftware booting, Holding A while turning on the system would constitute a true half an A press when the button is released since in launch the input had already been active rather than entering the active state post boot.

It has significantly shorter load times than any other console of its generation.

Oh, I agree completely - it's very relevant. It's just that I don't believe that the "half A press" term is applicable. If A is never actually pressed in level 2, it's zero A presses. The fact that there's some set-up required before starting the level doesn't change that.

discs < carts

What's wrong with that? It's optimization and power gaming to achieve any arbitrary goal

He probably believes that humanity has some kind of built-in purpose that we must all tirelessly sacrifice ourselves towards, instead of life being a chaotic mess of people applying their abilities to what interests them, with the overall effect of humanity constantly pushing outwards in any and every direction, and constantly expanding our capabilities and reach. Playing a game like this may not be productive in a real world sense (although it is interesting and entertaining), but, in time, eventually there will be people who can pick apart our own world in the same way pannen can pick apart SM64. Wanting to shut off that drive to explore and investigate might make people more useful in the here and now, but it means that, in time, eventually there will be people who are really good at making excel spreadsheets. I definitely know which one of those I'd look forward to more.

Actually you'd be surprised, a lot of current theories involving faster than light travel involve temporarily launching into a parallel existence before reentering this existence.

Seriously, everyone is a collection of atoms and molecules. Physics ensures that everything happens in a technically predictable manner; free will can't possibly exist, and the more you learn, the more frightening it becomes.

Depending on your level of esoterism, some believe that the universe was altered in some way due to synchronicity when the LHC was fired half a decade ago. With meme magic and high energy belief, we seem to be able to alter things to some degree. It could be possible. The internet is like a web of human consciousness to an extent

We already have the drive to explore, the issue is he's wasting it on a video game. If your culture encourages wasting that drive you will lose to other cultures, your culture's associated genetics will be lost, and life will become less driven to explore.

I don't have that one mickey and donald picture but fuck you anyway.

The thing about autists is you can't force them to point their skills in any direction. They hyper-focus on things that interest them and everything else can get fucked. They do shitty in school subjects they don't care about despite having the potential for acing the class, because they just can't give a fuck. So good luck convincing him to work on NASA problems instead of Mario.

Oh yes you can. It's like patterning in animals, you need to be sure they're exposed to a problem they can autism over in their early years. Most of these guys had broken families so those early years were filled with video games and this is what happened.

So let's say you're gonna search the country for autists young enough to be impressioned into usefulness, how do you differentiate an autist from any other retarded fucking kid? They don't become obvious until puberty when most kids gradually become normalfags and they keep acting the same.

I've seen people comment about this video (and his other videos) saying it has interested them in computer programming. Almost all of the glitches used for speedrunning are exploits from hardware-level code like rounding floats, integer overflow, and other little math problems. Books on assembly are very dry, and videos explaining glitches in video games gives people more interesting idea on the topic, and they might be inspired to go into it. Maybe the belgian pancake man is wasting his life on an inconsequential speedrun, but that doesn't keep him from inspiring and entertaining. I say that's worthy enough

It's usually obvious with kids age 4+. But you don't have to know ahead of time, just don't use the teevees or vidya to babysit your children when it matters the most. People think they only need to start parenting when kids hit their teens but it's far too late by then.

I'm aware. I'm a tech autist and I recognize the gift he has and that he wasted it. But by the age you can be inspired by entertainment it really doesn't matter - those people will never become tech autists. They will be webdevs and gamedevs.

Pleb.

cum on step it up

If I was in that position, I'd just say that humanity's not worth that much effort, since they've never shown me the same compassion. But even without that, why are people triggered by the concept of hobbies? Imagine working a shit job for up to 12 hours a day and then being forced to spend all your free time doing things you hate for someone else for free. That's the most miserably altruistic existence I could think of.

You might be too stupid to understand the conversation. These guys would have had more productive hobbies, and been less likely to cut their dicks off, had they had better parents that put beneficial problems in front of them when they were children instead of abandoning them to the electric Jew. And seeing this having happened, and a great mind wasted, is painful.

Only two things will happen. The kids will grow up to despise their parents and they'll hate whatever their parents tried to force upon them.

This. People have been complaining about those dang ol' rebellious kids disrespecting their elders for all of human history. If we want that autism to develop into useful autism, all that can be done is to raise those kids in a healthy and stable environment, and hope for the best. Force the issue too hard, and they just turn around and start railing against whatever morals were being pushed on them. Trying to "fix" society like that is just going to end up like the 1960s all over again.

You don't realize that this is how the brain works. You can even raise a cat to swim and it will love water. The things you like were forced in your head but you've just not thought about this enough to understand yet.

The first time I saw this, I thought it was a joke, but it's 100% real.

LIBBIE'S A NIGGER
SHE'S A NIGGER
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Fucking on-disk on-cartridge DLC, I swear…

Challenges like this was built on exploiting loopholes in the games rules. It's like the in-game jump counter is a baseball umpire that doesn't know anything about baseball, but still follows a set of rules to the letter. He won't say what they are, so your only choice is to keep experimenting until you know what the rules are and then use that to your advantage.

Someone post it.

But I've seen that gif a hundred times
How about something new?

m.imgur.com/a/4M4Ee

Pressing a button and releasing a button are two separate signals.

Post it anyway because I forgot to save it. Or I forgot what I saved it as.

Oh nevermind, the second post in the picture is fake and gay. But holy shit someone care to explain how you could break the theory of sets?

at least you can't say he hasn't improved on whatever the fuck this wizard is doing to reality.

By proving a contradiction. Proving that a statement is true and also proving the same statement is false. Showing that two different numbers are equal would be one way to do that. Once you have a contradiction you can prove anything you want.
ZFC is probably consistent (i.e. without contradictions) but Gödel proved that you can't prove that. We can't rule it out.
Finding a contradiction in ZFC would make most mathematical proofs potentially worthless. It would be the mathematical discovery of the century, at least.

That's the curse of autism, it gives you great knowledge over a single specific topic, but you can only put your full dedication towards that one topic, and you're never in control of what that topic will be.

If you actually read the manga instead of thinking the glorified fangames count for anything you'd see a really good manga.

Where trees chase a dude with [FOUR BALLS] and a chick in order to spread a virus that's actually little spiked bug things that drills perfect holes and rots anything they touch, while they recruit a man who lives on a chairlift where he has installed everything needed to live, including a shower, kitchen and a bed, who they need to identify a plant that cures anything to save [FOUR BALLS]'s mother from dying of having spherical chunks of brain missing, which causes her to self-cannibalize.

Their last encounter involved taking down a drug ring but instead of drugs it was fruit and the leader could make people melt if they touched anywhere his fingers had touched.

Also these enemies are all people made of rocks who have to hibernate every month for a week and they guard the fruit because it has magical powers.

You want a fucking bizzare adventure boyo, you don't even fucking know the meaning.

The villain is the beetle fight guy, and his stand is WAY more dangerous then he showed then.
Basically one touch death through heating and bursting blood vessels, and he can transfer this ability through whatever he touches and the full power isn't elaborated on yet, his power might be "speeding up" whatever he touches, including molecules which means intense heat and his stand name is Speed King, this is the Part 4 parallel arc crossed with Part 5's mafia tone, like Part 8 was parts 1-3.
*Araki's slipping in artistic references to Dio using some of the family members, the most recent one was Hato walking up the walls in order to stab a villain, I think he's trying to obfuscate the main villain or throw a red herring because every Higashikata stand has "King" in the name, which is an obvious parallel to "Killer Queen"**

The theme for this part is mystery, so the story isn't going to be as clear cut as earlier parts.

You've piqued my interest, user, and I'm going to start reading it again.

You can't do that. Free advice directly from me to you: Stop asking foolish questions. Stop hacking and play games as they were meant to be played. Don't count buttons and play modern games. Or do you want to be a foolish professor who leaves no trace except a smudged background figure in an old game – until we pull the plug, haha.

exactly. people have a comfort level within which they will express their opinions strongly. as engineers put it, nobody has an opinion when you're building a bridge on materials or design, but when it's done, everybody knows exactly what color you should paint it and is happy to loudly tell you how wrong you are if you picked a different color

shed.bike/

wow, you've legitimately never met someone in person, have you

thank you user! i had been looking for that link for an unrelated reason, that's a big help.

While the monty hall theory is a bit hard to grasp at first glance it doesnt really prove that the universe is broken,user.

Just out of curiosity,how would you describe the effects of memetic influence in the context of the supposed deterministic world?

The universe doesn't seem to be deterministic, but only because of true randomness in certain quantum processes.
But I don't think that non-deterministic free will is even a coherent idea. If it's not deterministic, multiple things could happen. If my choice doesn't strictly depend on who I am at the time, then how is my choice any more free? It's only free if I'm fully in control.

You have schizophrenia. And before you say 'brainlet', I full understand every word you're using.

Heaven DIO is non canonical, which is funny because his power is the ability to rewrite canon and Jotaro also gets it at the end.
EoH is shit though, nobody but some hardcore nips like it.

Seems like your average autist though. The best speedrun ever is the one for that Sesame Street Fighter game, because it parodies every other faggot speedrunner in production quality.

Saw it. I applaud the way they exploited a bunch of loopholes and came up with nifty tricks to avoid incrementing the counters like talking to the NPCs midair during a butt smash, but it's not as technical as Pannen's avoiding to press a button entirely. It also got me to wonder, can you beat Sonic games without ever moving (crouching and looking up notwithstanding)?

Not that surprising, Don Rosa came up with a way to lift sunken ships just to make Huey Dewey and Louie look smarter than unca donald.

*Carl Barks

Can you elaborate?

But I don't think that non-deterministic free will is even a coherent idea. If it's not deterministic, multiple things could happen. If my choice doesn't strictly depend on who I am at the time, then how is my choice any more free? It's only free if I'm fully in control.

How is that schizophrenic?
It's a serious question, I know schizophrenia is related to confusion about the relation between your volition and your actions so it sounds sort of plausible

Everything he's saying is mental masturbation. An easy way to tell is the use of flowery language that amounts to nothing.

Am I wrong? The part of a handshake that is actually the handshake is the part where you shake hands with someone - the bit between grabbing their hand and letting go again. I don't see why you're getting so upset about handshakes.

Once the host opens one of the doors to reveal a goat, there are only two doors left. One door has another goat, and the other has the car. The contestant has picked one of these doors, but is offered the opportunity to switch. There are two doors, one door has the prize, and they can freely pick which door they want to open. One door wins, one door loses. The chance of either door having the car behind it should be 1/2, but it's not. The original door keeps its 1/3 odds, and the other door is somehow 2/3. It's just not right, I tell you.

No they wont. Most cat breeds have hydrophobic hair, they will never like water no matter how much you try. They detest the feeling of wet hair, and they have every reason to do so. It's like trying to teach a kid to like warm weather by shoving his hand on a stove. At best you'll break their spirit and they'll put with the awfulness.

This is entirely pointless, but it's not like any idiot would be able to do such thing. It requires dedication and knowledge, what a waste of intellectual potential.

A stroke is a stroke, you can't say there's only half.

part of me gets depressed thinking about how much time this guy wastes playing the same game over and over again finding new ways to mess with it, on the other hand, I guess it's just nice he still has that much fun with it.

I never understood why pepole get depress/angry/frustrated at these things. Like if speedrunners could cure cancer if they would stop obsessing shaving a millisecond of the world record of some shitty game. At worst they be yet another youtuber doing let's plays, and best have a fucking day job at mcdonalds. Granted pannen would be in the IT department of some random company dealing with tech illiterate retards, explaining what's wrong. Explaining very, very, terribly judging by the half-a press explanation video.

I suppose the more practical minded see it as a waste. Think of all the things this guy could be doing with the time he's using playing an old game for the millionth time creating challenges for himself… but like I said, he's having fun doing it so it's not for me to dictate what he does in his spare time.

Who are you to say it's a waste?

I get where your mindset is coming from but i'm just being realistic. When somebody just wants to fuck around with something, that thing isn't what's keeping them from being productive, they just want to fuck around in general. When my parents grounded me as a kid and took my vidga away, I didn't do my homework or my chores because it was the only thing to do. I just watched tv, vhs movies, play my game boy I hidden (that didn't always work), or frantically look around the house where they hid my vidga when they weren't there.

This.

This. Don't do anything you don't care about for shit that more than likely doesn't deserve it.

All the more proof autism is the next stage in human evolution.

That's a delta, you retard.

No this is.

Pedestrian taste, chum. I agree that 4 Ball Run has been pretty meh, though.

Now that you mention it…

No, YOU are the super retard.

They're going back to the Higashikata Estate to get a Rokakaka and Jobin is still trying to kill them.

If the button isn't released, it isn't a full press. Stop spreading this (((blasphemous rumor))).

Fuck off, DIO.

I imagine it's just shitposting.

Holding the A button and releasing it are two parts to the same pressing motion.

these kinds of things make me question what purpose do I have in this world if, no matter what I choose or how convoluted it is, someone else has or will do it better

New video!

That makes no sense

Sounds awfully familiar tbh.

Fresh out of
There's no such thing as a executing a half press, but a stage may only need "half" the press that was done in a previous stage

How old are you? because as long as you're in your 20s or younger, you still have the potential to do fucking anything if you actually try. Most people would say this is bullshit, but most people don't try. Also, you underestimate the number of things there are to do.

That's how we'll get to another galaxy one day. With half-A presses.

there's no free will and we will soon be dead looking at nothing for eternity
what's the point

Here's how I think of it, it's not actually that complicated:
The reason it works this way is because when you choose a goat (2/3s of the time) the door that is not chosen by you and not revealed by the host is guaranteed to be the car. It took me seeing the chart at the start of this section en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem#Simple_solutions to get it, but after that, it made perfect sense.

Have you ever seen that one where a guy re-writes Mario World's code at the first level by putting specific items at specific places in order to clog the RAM and trigger the credits?

what if you want the goat though

Fuck off tumblrtale

He also created a hex editor and a Flappy Bird clone using nothing but glitches. He basically turned SMW into a programming environment.

I'm convinced this meme of autistic internet stunts is the byproduct of society discarding its brightest thinkers from important education and career paths. Past generations thought of this kind of male brainpower as an important resource to cultivate. Today he's a weirdo going insane in his parents basement, socially stigmatized worse than a drug dealer, tinkering with a game, and he still makes something fascinating. A society that wasn't retrograde would have him on track to building our Mars base from childhood.

That’s exactly what has fucking happened. White males passed over in all manner of technical professions and government for niggers, chinks, jews, and women have nowhere to turn their passions except for arbitrary and meaningless bullshit such as this.

The reason the madman uses half A presses is purely because he found using a standard method of explaining things inadequate. So he boiled it down to a simple number and then established when in between pressing and letting go of the A button it goes from 0.5 to 1.0. If he says half an A press or you see 0.5 it means he never lets go until the next A press.

There's also an increasing lack of productive outlets for autism - in years gone by, the genuinely brilliant spergs like Pannen would have grown up fucking around with things that have some real-world utility instead of goddamn video games.

It's never been a better time for it. The issue is there's an increasing number of worthless outlets and a total breakdown of family and community that could guide them away from those.

22/28 A presses remaining boyos

It begins…

I want to lick that blade now

If you guys like games being taken apart you should check out this wiki:

tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor

I believe it's all done by one guy, he goes deep in the code and game assets to find out about cut content and other shit.