Monster Hunter General /mhg/

Post complaint
REEE at everyone
Don't forget, my opinion > your opinion

twitter.com/bk2128/status/940541862015668224

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
pastebin.com/M1DaDih2
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4:_Monsters
twitter.com/USgamernet/status/942822537318227968
usgamer.net/articles/monster-hunter-world-kind-of-short-at-40-to-50-hours?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD SOON BAYBEH

I'm just wondering what the full game will be, the beta buff everything you can clear it super fast and you can't even explore the hub town

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

So we now know the true reason that she's so ugly. They're gonna sale cute guild sweetheart skins.

They gave her downs to sell skins? That's just rude.

Every fucking thread with this autistic fuck.

There'll be a PS4 Beta of MHWorld that DOESN'T require PS+, even for multiplayer. Preload on the 18th, 22nd is when the beta starts.

Think that no-PS+ requirement will keep for the full release too?

No chance.

Actually when you think about it, they would never be able to force PS+ for multiplayer because they already spilled the beans about the PC release and the PC release sure as fuck ain't gonna have PS+ fees. It would gimp their sales even more than they're already going to be by having one version with fucking online fees and another version without them.

That never stopped Microsoft.

MHW FULL LEAKED MONSTER LIST
From reddit
It would make sense for them to add more monsters via updates, this is the lowest monster count ive seen in years.
Also dont forget that there are even smaller monsters roaming about such as lizards, birds and all kinds of weird shit in the game too.

uh there are 2 subspecies on that list that aren't raths

This. Also no underwater confirmed since there seem to be no aquatic monsters in that list.

I've posted this list everywhere including cuckchan to see what they thought and everyone called it fake. 39 big monsters isn't that bad, but it does confirm that there is no G Rank if that list is real. This is standard for a vanilla MonHun except X which was a greatest hits spin off.

I bet G rank will be dlc if true.

G rank has always been a full price expansion. Hopefully they release it as DLC for a for price instead of 60 dollars. 20 dollars would be a fair price.

60+20 = 80 = 2 3ds/psp games. Same price.

Would be nice if they add it as an expansion-pack sized DLC, but it's Capcom; Street Fighter, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter in general all got the same treatment.

What the fuck are these supposed to be then? Are they the MH equivalent to wolves to coyotes or some shit? I dont mind getting new monster or subspecies but why?

Someone posted this video in the other thread and it seemed to show a pretty good indication of the games final difficulty against low rank monsters. Take note of the damage the G. jagras does against the hunter, and how much more aggressive the "other" monster appears to be in general compared to the beta Jagras which hit weakly.

Sorry for arrekz

This your first Monster Hunter or something?
Those aren't subspecies, those are the devs being lazy and re-using the same animation and AI skeletons. There's a subtle difference. The first is a straight up recolor, the second usually has a totally new model

Ah yeah its not so bad, especially when I remember monster like the Yian-Garuga and Yian-kut-ku.
How the fuck does the radobaan manage to roll with those huge ass spikes on its back?!?!

Thats good! The hunt for that faggot Pukei-Pukei continues!

I don't understand what you're so triggered about.

Considering that leaked list might be fake what monsters do you want to see back?

All I truly want is Kecha Wecha. He is cute, and would be cool to fight in the open maps using the environment to zip around and spit at you. I love fanged beasts and he is the only one that can fly.

IIRC he doesn't, the bones fly everywhere, but he get new ones in there at the same time because his skin is coated in sticky slime or something.

I fucking hate Kecha and I hope Ash Kecha doesn't make it back. I want Rajang dammit.

My number one issue with that list is Zinogre isn't in it. That is basically all the proof I need at this point that the list is fake. Thunderdoggo is basically permastatus monster like deviljho and Rath at this point.

That list has actually been known about around the time the Rotten Vale trailer was released, but not before we knew the names of the monsters in it, that's an old-ass screenshot. It got Odogaron and Radobaan correct, Uragaan and Lavasioth were a almost a bit no brainers at the time but I'm willing to think it's legit, there's a lot of "two monsters that look eerily similar" going on especially with the ones we know about.

Proof that the leak is old, it was right at the end of October.
pastebin.com/M1DaDih2

I understand that but Capcom are incapable of releasing a MonHun game without Zinoge the current year.

Hopefully he's part of the free DLC then and not the inevitable paid g-rank expansion.

No indication because he's bad with a charge blade.

are we really going to criticise things for being the same as every other monster in the franchise right now

Arrekz is a total undeniable faggot but he is not bad at Monster Hunter, and gives good info about world so far.

it's the liberal mindset, you change the goalpost everytime you get told you're are wrong.

I've seen people critiquing that having knowledge that was only available outside the game finally in the game as a bad thing. (hitzones, etc.)
I just don't know how to talk to people who are that retarded, if they're making talking points like that clearly they don't have any enthusiasm for the game.

Anjanath could do a lot of damage as well, but I could heal out of everything with ease. Also at least learn some new lines to say.

I just assumed otherwise. This is good news.

They're Alola forms, just like in Pokemon. Aren't you glad World is taking inspiration from one of Japan's best selling and most popular hits? See, it's not taking all of its inspiration from Western games! :^)
Shitposting aside, Radobaan is probably a close relative of Uragaan, who ended up looking completely different due to different environmental factors. There's a lot less ore available in his home area, and there's no molten rock around, so he doesn't grow the metal and rock plating Uragaan does. It's a lot more extreme of a difference than most subspecies, so it's enough to have it classed as a separate species. They're still similar enough to be given very similar names like with Yian Kut-ku and Yian Garuga, or Jaggi, Baggi, and Wroggi, or Diablos and Monoblos.
I don't understand why Jyuratodus doesn't have a name similar to Plesioth and Lavasioth, though. He'll always be Mudsioth in my heart. He also looks kind of fun to fight, similar to Lavasioth. Plesioth and Cephadrome are both horrible fights, but Lavasioth has always been the one good piscine wyvern, and it's nice to see that Jyuratodus is shaping up to be the best piscine wyvern in the series.

Subspecies were always in MonHun though.

I looked it up and Jyuratodus is only a few letters off from the Japanese name, Jyuratodosu, which is actually closer to the Japanese names of Plesioth and Lavasioth, Ganototosu and Voruganosu. When I did see its name was Jyuratodus, I did suspect it sounded like a Japanese style monster name.
I felt like the majority of the new monsters sounded like they had Japanese names and sure enough, Odogaron and Nergigante are straight rips. Uragaan is already similar to the Japanese name and Radobaan has about the same number of differences compared to the Jap name. I feel like they're keeping the new names similar this time since it's an international release this time, need to make online communication more universal, etc.

So shitty localizations in the older games combined with World having better localization for the new monsters leads to inconsistencies between monsters that are supposed to have similar names. Why is localization always such a plague? Once it fucks something over, even if they get their act together and stop fucking more stuff up, the scars of the old localization are still there causing trouble in the future.
Or maybe they learned their lesson after Generations' horrible localization. Cutting out actual good advice for new players early game to force in a meme with the line about ignoring people who tell you to "get good", complete disregard for the original names and meanings of names, and making up entirely new shit for MUH LORE that has nothing to do with the original by changing Raizekuzu to "Astalos" to imply some relation to Rathalos. Either way, this is a step in the right direction.

When does the MH World come to PC?
Do I have to play the earlier games to understand it?

Who the fuck knows?

No, it's aimed at the dumpster baby audience so any knowledge or skill you acquire from other games will just allow you to intuit just how bad this shit really is.

But hitzones aren't only knowable outside the game, you can tell from the effects that happen when you hit the monster.

Because it's the refuge for worthless shits with no real skills to feel like they contribute something of worth to the world.

If anything, at this point it looks like World is going to be MonHun's Persona 3 - the worst of the franchise where the only way to enjoy it is for it to be your first entry.

objectively wrong and you should kill yourself

P4 might be worse as an individual installment, though I'm not prepared to say that, I found them equally shitty, but Persona 3 is what guaranteed they'll never make a Persona game ever again.

Fun fact: the name of the Fatalis is Miraboreasu, basicaly the japanese way of saying Mirabilis, the latin word for wondrous, for some reason the localization team decided to change this to fatalis, kinda shitty thing to do but fatalis is also a cool name so whatever.
Now, MH3ultimate come around and the last elder dragon you fight is called in japan "Gran Miraosu", clearly part of the Mirabilis species, comon sense dictates that when translating the game they would take that in consideration and translate it to something Like Grand Fatalis, or even use Dire Fatalis or something like that, but no, they translate to Dire Miralis, more similar with the japanese name yes, but butchered it's nod to the english species name altogether, the name they decided to change in the first place.
Just goes to show how much they give a shit about localization, they make their own names at a whim and don't even follow up with their own decisions.

I'm honestly convinced most localizers don't actually know Japanese and just make shit up after maybe throwing it in Google Translate.

You couldn't be any closer to the truth.

It wouldn't be the first time. X/Generations had the metal Raths, MH2 had all of the subspecies introduced in MHG, and MH4 actually had a large number of subspecies, far more than are shown in that "leak"; monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4:_Monsters
There's more precedent for having subspecies than there is for not having them. MH1 and MH3 were the only ones not to have subspecies.

Yeah, a player is supposed to just understand what the effects mean without any kind of in game acknowledgement of the effects.

You faggots have no excuse now to test the game for yourself. Also something to clear out during the beta, everything is buffed to clear the hunt as fast as possible, you have 20 minutes time limit and 9 feint. These are only for the beta since we already know theres on 3 feint in the final game.

stupid goon, you're supposed to rely on 3rd party sources for your information like the rest of us pro hunters. making such information available ingame clearly devalues how hardcore we are by having kiranico open while playing.

I am pretty damn sure it is explained in-game though considering the quality of the "translations" the West gets they probably replaced all that with random drug jokes and the like.

Except for the part where you still need to own a PS4.

Wait, so then what's the point of having a demo if it's not reflective of the game to the point we can't make an informed decision on whether we'd want the game or not?

None of the demos have ever been reflective of the final game, considering it excludes more than half of the shit you're going to be doing and focuses purely on combat.

But if they're claiming this isn't even reflective of the final game's combat, there's literally no point to this demo existing.

I think it's just more to get an understanding of field mechanics and combat rather than to demonstrate the full extent of it. The idea of the game is more likely to sell than the game with its full honesty.
I watched a bunch of streamers since I don't have a PS4 and had a lot of time to myself, and a lot of the more casual shits were challenging themselves to do Diablos. Obviously like the bunch of shitters they are, they keep using up all 9 carts. If it were just three carts though, they might think it's too brutal and that won't sell the game if people think they can't get into it.

Just goes to show how completely removed the World audience is from the MonHun audience, I guess.

oh boy, would be nice if mods could do their jobs

just a friendly bantz m8, get some lotion for your butt if you can't handle it, or just go to reddit

I'd rather it be a full game, because then I only pay once. Any of you faggots buying the first iteration of a capcom game are why they still get away with that shit.

Tell that to retards in Japan, we only got the ultimate version

Jewed again :^)

Citation needed, famigo :^)

>need to put shitters in their place and teach them the meaning of squaredancing

Idiot.

Honestly I just watch videos on weapons like his to learn the basics of the weapons, along with the changes in each new monster hunter and then figure out the rest myself.

I don't mind if the Charge Blade's explosions are further nerfed, I'm glad they got rid of the travesty that was X/XX's CB changes where yellow and red shields were separate shield states. I also really like the added slide-slash and the ability to charge your blade.

I really hope they brought the guard points back to 4U's where using a guard point rewards you with dealing extra damage to a monster via whatever your shield is charged with. That's another thing I disliked with X, is that they kind of took away the reward for attempting to use and master guard points by allowing that bonus damage to be used any time you guard an attack.

I hate you and every "gamer" like you that spends more time watching someone else play the game than actually playing it yourself. You're the reason faggots like Gaijinhunter got so popular. You're the reason every new game has to be catered to Twitch streamers. You and every other 8 year old ADHD kid watching youtube on their dad's iPad.

Did you just read that part and piss your diaper?

But I'll elaborate: I watch videos that focus on weapons. Just those singular videos that demonstrate what changes and/or addition there are in terms of moveset just so I can be more informed while actually playing.

I don't watch them actually hunt anything. I don't watch them go through the village. I don't watch their twitch or whatever streams where they hunt online.

user the game isnt even out yet, we have no other choice but to watch his videos to learn about the lastest news with the game and the guy definitely delivers. Do you realize he got to play the actual game for like 10 hours months before the release date? Not to mention that insane amount of time he spent with the gamescom demo to give us the weapon tutorial videos.
Not to mentioned I avoided videos like the plague and just played the shit out of the demo when it came out, I enjoyed the speedruns after it was over.

Please don't feed the autistic zipperhead. Just filter him.

professional fighters watch MMA fights and replays, athletes watch training vids.
artists watch other artists draw and paint
chefs like to watch others skilled chefs cook

any game that has depth and challenge invites viewership, its not some conspiracy or sign of weakness you goofball. It's a sign of appreciation and curiosity.

This is among the most pathetic and hilarious things I have ever witnessed.
>>>/reddit/

What's even more hilarious is that this is what these people actually delude themselves with

the idea is that people tend to partake in content that's relevant to their hobbies
but that's too hard to understand for the ilk of this board :^)

Prease don't burry makoto-kun.

why can't amateurs watch as well? how hard is your autism

22nd, eh?

This is what makes me not want the game at all; fuck paying additional fees to play a game online when I already pay for online.

At least I got a PC master race.

you too can have what the beta demonstrated to be the second worst or worst monster hunter behind gen/X… in 2019 according to most rumors

oh no what a shame we lose out on one of the worst aspects to ever be included in a monster hunter game. oh nooooooo

If that list is real, I wonder what monsters they're going to release as free DLC.

I'm hoping it's some recognized monsters. Some Brachydios would be cool. Tigrex too.

I see Lunastra and Teostra in there, which makes me kind of happy.

I hope they forget about Yian Garuga forever. Bastard child.

WHOA THERE

CHARLES DICKENS

WHAT

ABOUT

ALL

THESE

PARAGRAPHS

?

There is literally nothing wrong with watching people who are better at the game teach you how to play. Especially a game like MonHun with no good tutorials at all. I didn't even know you could charge your shield with the charge blade until after I fought Gore Magala the first time I played 4.

It's called reddit spacing for a reason.

I should really just give up Gunlance. It's consistently one of the worst weapons in each game, and when they finally make ones that work you wind up knocking other hunters around like pinballs.

Other hunters should be giving you breathing room. With that said you should only be knocking around HH users because they'll be hitting the legs like you.

knocking around other players like pinballs is the best part of gunlance though.

this
t. someone who gets knocked around by a gunlance users

Players should give you some space when they see you're wielding weapons that can toss them around. You should also attempt to stay away from them; but the blame is equally shared.

Like I wouldn't take a longsword and run into a group of players, and at the same time if I'm slashing at monster with it, you shouldn't attempt to come near me.

It's also a bit of knowing your place (if there's a hammer or HH user on the team then longsword shouldn't be hitting at the head when the other two are trying to KO it), but that's another topic.

But in the end it always comes down to playing the weapon you like without caring for anyone else. Don't switch weapons because you knock around other people. Especially if you find that weapon fun.

I kinda find it fun to get flung about by other players, though.

Is there some kind of etiquette the japanese players use for this, weapons they shy away form or something?

As far as I know, most Japanese players don't discriminate against weapon types. Though someone more informed than me can probably tell you otherwise.

I don't know why I wanted to hurt my soul but I went to halfchan to see how bad they'd gotten

That place truly is lost. Taste is entirely gone. Whenever someone brings up casualization they ignore it, there are even people claiming gaming has been perfectly healthy for the last few decades and the only problems were from nerdvirgins.
This is World's audience.

A mystery, really.

I just really like MonHun and had hoped that maybe this would be something that could remain good
Nothing ever remains good. Normalfags are ruining everything.

look at the thread you're in, the autism is off the charts.

You didn't notice how reddit was all over MH4U? That was the turning point.

is this the new gay community?

I know. I just wish things were different.
I get that companies want money and such but I just want good video games.

Anyone got the Rathalos running in a circle WEBM?

What it comes down to is we need another crash to get the normalfags out, so that the only way to make money in vidya is to make good ones.

God damn Exterminatus is what we need.

JE SUIS MONTE

source nigga

I think Gunlance is better than ever before. Once you figure out its moveset and learn all of the combos for it it becomes a demi-god teir weapon.

Where the fuck did you find that? Is there any more?

Most arena matches had 9 faints. I hate World too but come on.

It's a fucking leak, not something shitting on the game.
The gate better last the whole 5 minutes.

I doubt all 3 will spawn in, even if they did they'll just fight each other and you can just easily wail on them with openings.

Ill take your word for it user since you must be part of the dev team since you know so much already! Lets see exactly what you said play out word for word! There is no way you can be wrong.

I lurk cuckchans /vg/ for leaks, that's where I got it.
I think it's from the low rank build a few people got to play.

I was talking about the list user, this confirms Daora and Teostra, the list keeps being right.

No, that's the switch axe.
Just fling them at the monster.

Is there more though?

is that an arena quest with a kush and teostra AND the new guy? In just five minutes? World really must be piss easy then

Read you dipshit, the condition is to only kill one of them, not all three.

Nah, sorry to disappoint you but that was it.
I'm just glad to have my boy Teostra in.

They better let you hunt all three of them down the line.

I don't speak 3 carts sorry.

You mean 9 carts.

I am trying to learn so much in such a short time. Can you suggest any good MonHun Lore video's????

lol just google equal dragon weapon xD

omg i hope they put it in MHW, SO HYPE XD

I don't know if there's videos on lore since it's always been very minimalistic, but the premise of the game is that you're part of the fifth fleet. A team of hunters, explorers and researchers sent to explore a newly discovered continent. You job is to hunt down monsters and find out the cause of a mass migration event called the "Elder Crossing".

Normal missions have 3 carts. That arena quest has you fighting a Teostra and Nergigante at the same time. No way you would use all 9 carts in five mins.

Horn stun got nerfed really bad in Gen/World it shouldn't really be trying for stun over a GS hitting it in the head

That I didn't know. That's too bad.

It literally fucking says arena.

Is there any good source for new combos and flow?
I didn't even realize quick reload was in World.

I forgot the best part

Anyone who complains about the gunlance being either shit or clunky is a damn retard or a shitter. You are a dope as well since you didnt even have the decency to fiddle around with the controls until you discovered most of the GL's moveset.

I fiddled around with it for a few hunts because it was a good weapon back in 3U and I found out some cool new moves with it, not to mention that it is faster than ever before now, so if you say its too slow, then its your fault.

from what i played all of the good shit starts with this attack
Everytime you do the stake launch, you cant do it again until you reload the GL 2 times

The way I play is that I use the melee/allshell combos at an accelerated pace until any monster is dead, its really easy to dodge attacks too. I managed to solo every monster worth a damn in the demo with it. Dont forget to use any traps or stun knifes to get even more hits off.

They know that westerners don't want to buy g-rank with another full price. I hope it comes as a dlc for 20-30€.
And since they already promised free monster dlc (porting the old ones into world?), paying 20-30€ for G-rank and their past free dlc doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

So is there anything half as hot as this fucking cat in the new game?

World is a mistake.

She's the ugliest fucking character in world. Everyone else looks pretty good. And you can make your character look pretty good too as far as I can see.

But that… that thing. That is absolutely the worst part of World for me. I haven't played the beta yet but nothing I've heard about can top that face on the list.

There's a pretty big difference between watching streamers play a game as a means of "consuming" it versus watching videos for tutorials and tips on shit like weapon types, then going and playing the game yourself.

You're not thinking with hon hon user.

This mother fucker right here

This is a monster in Gen? I never played it. Is generations good?

Yes.
Yes and no. Styles are imbalanced, there is no point playing outside of aerial or adept since they are OP. Only lance and GS seem to benefit from striker. Arts are either useless or really strong. Gen also has ridiculous amount of gathering quests, was it even 2 times more than 4U, and Gen doesn't even have g-rank.
But it is still kind of fun to play.

if you are morbidly curious at least look into XX instead

zinogre
I also really liked the theme of shigeru miyamoto, so it would be nice if he was in it too

Why is her bottom lip so fucking big? I reminds me of this thing.

Try to appeal american audience.

Styles add some variation/customization to gameplay, but like the previous user said, those are unbalanced. Aerial and Adept are OP for most weapons. Adept especially (while being the most fun style IMO) gives weapons that are defensive/evasive even more of an advantage. Aerial gives you tons of mobility and quick access to incredibly powerful attacks such as Greatsword's charged attacks. If you have XX (which is the "Ultimate" version of Generations), there's Brave style which is fucking broken.

Hunter arts also add some customization. They're special skills you can activate but they're very black and white. The hunter arts that aren't good are just "meh". XX adds some new Hunter Arts I believe and as far as I can recall, none of them are particularly amazing but I like Charge Blade's Chainsaw.

Some of the new monsters are pretty cool I found, including Malfestio (the owl) and Glavenus. Mizutsune was pretty.

It's fun for the bit I played (in XX), but it makes for a pretty poor Monster Hunter. Then I found it beginning to tedious after a while and I couldn't continue after making it somewhat midway into High Rank.

Amazing how Japan's view on making a woman attractive to the west is making her look like a crack whore. Probably because of how American devs design their female characters.

Like it'd be great if she were an NPC we rarely see, but she's apparently the guild receptionist or some shit. And also the tutorial lady that spouts what you have to do. I hope you can turn her off. Her head in the bottom right corner of the screen moving and talking will irritate the hell out of me.

And she seems to be the only person who looks like that. Even the guys look more attractive.

I don't know man her appearance seems to fit her character pretty well. It's not like she's sitting behind a desk all day so she won't wear make up or do her hair pretty.pI feel that when the game is out and we can see more of her actual character she will be well liked. Her character shines through better when you go off script in the demo like killing the Rathalos and diablos. She seems really cute, plus she cooks for you.

would protect

I want my MH3U quest girl. I am ready to pay.

Irredeemable.

I'll pay you 100 bucks to fuck off.

I want a fighting game with all the guild girls and clothes destruction.

What is wrong with 3U cutie?

Lewd.

MH should have never gone mainstream.

Don't forget manjaw and annoying voice made by some ~40 year old hag.
Thank god you can switch to jap or the gibberish.

Implying the handler girl is a sjw.

I'll fit u m8

Fornicate thyself back to whence thou camest, vile sea-dwelling beast.

Hello everyone, I'm a public relationships employee at Capcom USA and we are conducting a survey (alongside our international branches in Japan and Europe) on different websites including this one to establish the most loved monster, the winner will then be implemented in update #3 alongside two other creatures.
Rules:
-monsters with an exclusively underwater habitat are not eligible for voting (A.Lagiacrus, Cedaceus, etc.)
-monsters from the series Frontier, Diary, Monster Hunter Online & any cameo appearing in mobile oriented games are not eligible for voting
-monsters with exclusive game features (Apex, Frantic, Hyper, etc.) are not eligible for voting
-monsters who require their own arena are not eligible for voting
I'll be collecting the results in 24 hours from now, have fun an may your selected creature win the selection!
Winners will be announced in a brief message from the developers as soon as the update will be ready to launch.

a nigger with a spear

Fujioka.

Apex Ajanath

Bulldrome.

king shakalaka to give basketball-americans some needed representation

CB is also only good with Striker, because the shield charge boosts the power of axe attacks way more than with other styles, which offsets the massive damage nerfs CB has seen.>>13996278

Your fellow employees who work so hard shilling World on this very site truly deserve the opportunity to appear in the game, as the hideous monstrosities they are to be beaten to death and skinned.

Hideo Kojima

no you're not

t. hotpockets

Hello, Im a user from Holla Forums and I-

SA's was fun, because it buffed axe mode a tonne. But, it was still better to use sword mode, because holy shit the sword mode arts from Gen are broken as fuck. SnS's oil art was insanely good, arguably the best art in the entire game. +30% affinity, a good amount of KO and exhaust on every single attack, Part Breaker, and Mind's Eye all rolled into a single art, and the effects stack with the oil items. You can double up on KO and make Hammerbros jealous, or get a total of +60% affinity, which is an insanely good boost for the crit stack meta. For SnS it's almost effortless to get a 100% crit rate in XX, even with some negative affinity weapons. Plus, the art changes Mind's Eye oil to sharpen your weapon very quickly, so it effectively gets a bootleg Speed Sharpening as an added bonus.

Is that a boy or a girl?

She's a tard handler. She can't be too pretty, or their pee-pees will start to feel funny, and then they'll get confused and be harder to keep on their leashes.

She'll be pretty once you pay for the skins.

Is this bait? There is no way that this isnt, but I'll bite anyways.

HEH. This is gonna be a longshot but…
ADD GEAR REX FROM MGS PEACE WALKER

That would be so amazing.

Would actually fit too considering World is all about that Western audience

Can you play offline or fully solo?
I don't want to see other disgusting human beings in my vidya, ever. Not even in my hub towns.

It works just like normal MonHun since the first. There is a town and gathering Hall. The worrisome thing for me is there is no separate gathering hall quests in this one so no ability to fight gathering hall quests.

From what I gather only the demo required the entry fee, the full game is fully available offline to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately, they're making all quests multiplayer-enabled, and due to scaling, you won't be able to play the correct difficulty level unless you use some sort of script to trick the game into thinking you have a full four player party to power up the monster accordingly.

Are you implying Metal Gear is from the West?

Have we had any specific information about how the multiplayer scaling works? All I've seen is something vague about it being more difficult with multiple people, but nothing specific. I'm wondering if it's just an increase in HP, or an increase in its stats all around, or if they'd actually put in the effort to make the AI smarter or more aggressive. It would suck if it was just HP scaling without anything else changing, or something lazy like making the monster bigger with more people.
That would actually be a great idea for a feature. An optional challenge mode that scales a monster up as if you had a full party of players to replicate the experience of playing the multiplayer quests solo in the other games. Calling it now, a week or two after release, Capcom will release a patch to add in a feature like this due to popular demand for the low, low price of only $40!

No, just how Kojima's generally a big Westaboo, and how popular Metal Gear is in the West.

I've heard nothing official on it, just lots of people vaguely claiming it.

Nah, the audience they're targeting doesn't want it, and those that do want it are people they're going to hope to sucker into buying 4 copies of the game and 4 machines just to keep activating this effect.

The Pukei Pukei video from Arrekz showed how if you fought him solo he would use a single target style poison spit attack but if you fought him with a fill team he would emit a poison cloud from his body. This is the only indication I ha e seen of monsters using different attacks and behaving differently with multiple hunters.

what the fuck is that

Gear Rex an optional boss in MGS Peace Walker. It would be cool to see him as an event boss in world tbh

Yeah, there were three bonus bosses in that game; Tigrex, Rathalos, then a monsterized version of Rex.

Would make for a neat Brute class.

Please, add Stalker-senpai.

I really hope I'm just seeing things, but around 3:45 of this it looks like he's moving while charging his Greatsword? Is that something they put in now?

That is the new move "shoulder tackle".
It has several functions:
You take reduced damage too, and any charge move can be canceled to tackle mid charging.

Jesus christ.

Is that why he can Super Armor through quite a few things? Christ

To be fair it looks like he's still taking damage, but he's definitely Super Armoring.

Also, weren't people claiming that Max Potions kept you immobile? At 11:00 he's definitely moving while using them.

Nope. Look at 7:55. He uses it to iframe through a roar.

Yes. GS meta is not anymore on hit and run. If you check the 5min ~30sec video of gs beating rathalos, the player uses a lot of the shoulder tackle and rarely sheathes.
This has pretty much split the old GS users' opinions.

It isn't technically a iframe, it just ignores all stuns. It is more of a low lvl block.

So super armor now also doubles as ear protection?

No. like I said, it is more of a block move, thus it has also roar stun and probably even tremor stun negate.

Most roars don't do damage to begin with to be fair.

I'm hesitant - while it doesn't look AS broken as Brave Style, that's not exactly a high bar to clear, and it looks like it will have similarly balance breaking effects in terms of keeping you constantly dishing out heavy damage.

I would presume wind as well, since blocking stopped that too.

Jesus christ so it negates damage, negates stun, negates roars, negates tremors, and you can spam it basically at any point in the combos, but it's totally not an i-frame so that makes it okay.

And I thought MHX's "press button to avoid damage" mechanic was stupid.

It doesn't negate damage, it reduces it. But it reduces it quite a lot though.
And you can only use when you charge as far as I know. But I don't deny that it isn't ridiculously strong move.

So is it only GS, or every charge-capable weapon?

Only GS.

Fair enough then. Still pretty ridiculous.

The motion value on the great sword loses motion value too if you cancel a charge attack into the next one in like iirc

Rathalov asks that you leave him alone for he is not of quest, you cyka.

Monster Hunter finally leaving the Nintendo platform behind is the best thing that's ever happened to the series.

He's not trying to act like some master gamer or anything. All he's saying is that observing other people who are skilled or knowledgeable at some task is a good way to learn more about it.

No. The best thing that ever happened to the series is still when psp emulation happened and allowed people to play MHFU without shit controls.

You can control the camera with the right stick in FU?

With an emulator or a vita

That instantly elevates FU to least shit monster hunter.

Now now, just because World uses a second stick for camera doesn't mean EVERY MonHun that does is shit.

In my opinion it does. Having to contort your hand into a crab claw to to properly move the camera is half the reason a game like world is being made in the first damn place. Ask anyone who is aware of monster hunter and doesn't like it and I promise you almost all if not all will say the shit ass D-Pad camera.

That's part of my point though, despite having controls most people would prefer, World still looks to be worse in pretty much every other way than every prior installment of the franchise. For all the shit claws get, they're not that hard to learn, and most MonHun fans would gladly pick up a claw game over World.

That simply isn't true at all. Across every tangential MonHun community I have been on enthusiasm for world is either incredibly high or cautiously optimistic. Full/v/ is the only place I have been in which the overwhelming majority of people hate world. Go to any World video on Youtube and the like to dislike ratio is massively in the positive. There is almost zero hate for world in the wider internet. I have not seen one person complain it has been changed to attract casuals or westerners at all. Most people simply want to play the new monster hunter.

I have yet to meet a single person who's played Monster Hunter and enjoyed it who is considering getting World. Anecdotal, yes, but that is the reality I'm seeing with my own eyes. There simply isn't anything really all that good to say about it.

It is anecdotal. I always preferred the 3ds games over the psp ones but I am giving freedom unite a go right now on ppsspp and I find it janky as fuck even with a second stick for proper camera control. It's mostly menu related stuff, like I can't figure out how to use the feline kitchen. I hired a cat but he won't cook for me.

IIRC you need to queue him up in the list of currently working cooks on the board in the kitchen. It's a weird system, and I'm not entirely sure how to get the most out of it myself, I'm much more a fan of the onsen and drinks in Portable 3rd myself.

Yeah, FU is really primitive if you play it nowadays.
I really want that 3DS emulation gets good enough to emulate MH4u in full speed, cause p3rd is severely lacking in content.

4u is probably my favorite game ever. I've put over 400 hours into it. To me the combat in world feels like an almost perfect shift forward from 4u's mechanics and general feel. The difficulty of the demo wasn't at all impressive though. It's easy as fuck.

And from my anecdote, everyone, even some people that haven't played the game series before, are eagerly waiting world.
Here no one owns 3ds unless they play pokemon, so I didn't really have anyone to play with (2 from here and few over internet). And no one owned psp or vita. Handheld gaming is pretty much limited to pokemon here.

I think World seems really good, excluding walking while healing and scout flies. Scoutflies take too much screen space, they should just highlight the footprints etc instead of filling the screen. Though I do understand that the map elevation is now more complex and the areas are way larger than before, but it should have been done a bit differently somehow.

Considering the target audience is people who hate Monster Hunter, that makes perfect sense.

Do you live out in the sticks or something? I see 3DSes everywhere.

If by "way larger" you mean 2-2.5x the size of the normal games' maps, with most of that extra bloat just being more corridors to run through for an extra minute instead of proper loading screens.

I don't think anyone who is excited for world hates monster hunter, user. They hate handheld and playing 3d games on handheld. I did not even care about monster hunter until I got the Wii U version of 3u and could actually focus all of my attention on the monster. Handhelds suck ass user. The only reason I got a 3ds in the first place was to play 4u. Having a handheld past the age of 16 is fucking emvarassing for most people. Even a psp or vita. The assumption that most people who are excited for world hate monster hunter is really really stupid.

Then you are just completely out of touch with reality.

What part of "machine that can be taken out to play even on commutes or travel and is where 90% of the worthwhile games have exclusively released for the past decade and a half" is bad?

Why do you care what normalfags consider embarrassing?

It's not an assumption though, it's an observation - most of the World supporters are people who either never played or hated MonHun because it required skill and effort on the part of the player. The devs have outright said the entire reason World exists is specifically to cater to those people.

The Dev's have said they brought world to consoles to cater to those people. Because no one in the west rides the train to work and those who do wouldn't ever play their handheld on the train. The potential western audience for Monster Hunter is on console not Handhelds. Handheld multiplayer games are not hot here at all. The majority of people do not live in densely packed hive cities like Japan, user. Handhelds simply do not attract an audience outside of the playground in the west.

You are also implying that Monster Hunter isn't literally nornalfag central in Japan. It's basically their call of duty at this point.

I don't care what normalfags think, but capcom does. And capcom knows the typical westerner plays console games and not Handhelds.

They specifically talked about people who refused to play MonHun because of it requiring you to commit to actions like attacking or using items. It has nothing to do with the platform, and everything to do with how heavily dumbed down the game has become.

And there's the key problem with World - the target audience.

Never said that, though that does bring up the question of why you're talking about normalfags not using handhelds when Monster Hunter has been primarily successful on handhelds.

No, the typical Westerner buys the product they're told to buy for social credit, same as the typical Jap, or really just normalfags anywhere and everywhere. Unless Capcom pays off the (((people))) in charge of deciding what is popular in the West and what isn't, they're not going to get the numbers they so desperately want to the point that they're willing to burn away their entire established fanbase for a chance at it.

If anyone is out of touch with reality user. Everyone I know that likes monster hunter is utterly fatigued of handheld shit at this point and desperately wants to play world. You are the only person I have ever seen that thinks Monster Hunter belongs on a 5 inch screen with a controller designed from the ground up to cramp anyone without babby hands. The only reason I put up with it for so long is because I love the shit out of these games. None of my IRL friends and coworkers want to play MonHun with me because none of them want to invest in a handheld just to play it, yet all of these people have ps4 and want to play world now. It MUST be because they just hate Monster Hunter. Of course, duh. Wew.

Again, platform is a secondary concern at best here - the problem is that World is nothing like Monster Hunter, and the only people who could possibly be excited for it are people who dislike Monster Hunter, or who simply are ignorant of just what World is compared to Monster Hunter.

Nipanon you are a treat to this world.

user… You are just about the only person I met who isn't excited for world. I am a part of 3 monster hunter communities and the amount of people voicing your concerns aloud is a big old goose egg. This isn't meant to argue that because more people disagree with you that your opinions of the game aren't valid, but to showcase that you are definitely wrong about the reaction from the wider fanbase. You are almost entirely alone in that respect. Look up any video on Youtube from Arrekz, GaijinHunter, SOHellkite, or any other big Monster Hunter youtuber for example and the amount of positivity for world is overwhelming. Not suggesting your opinion is wrong here, again I am just saying you lack perspective. World is shaping up to be the first game to break 3 million over here. Regardless how you feel about it, it's going to sell like gangbusters in the states.

What is a nipanon?

Yes, attention whores who are known to have business connections with those responsible for World are 100% excited about it, no shit.

At the cost of the 3 million in Japan and 1 million in the West who bought 4G/U

That's just it - whether it does well or poorly we're fucked. If World succeeds, then no more Monster Hunter, just World. If World bombs, Capcom just thinks Monster Hunter is no longer a viable brand and dumps it. It's a lose-lose situation.

A forced meme where shills try to pretend only one singular Japanese boogeyman is the only person who hates World, or censorship/changes like the extra 50 defense in 3U, or anything else (((the Western gaming industry))) wants people to support.

There are definitely more people here other than him who aren't excited for it. From the time it was first revealed all the way to now, there have been plenty of people here who weren't. Many people here have been cautiously optimistic at best, which is far from excitement.
Arrekz is a shill, and I do mean an actual shill. He's being rewarded to shill the game. His opinions mean jack fucking shit, and if you're legitimately suggesting that an actual shill's opinions matter, it strongly calls into question how much I should believe anything you say. CuckshedHunter's a retarded Capcom fanboy who acts like anyone who dislikes World is just "salty" that it's not on the Switch, and even made a video just to bitch about how "salty" everyone supposedly is. Which brings up another point; if there's enough negativity over World that one of these big youtubers you're suggesting makes a video just to address it, doesn't that mean that there must be people other than this one user who isn't excited for World? And, I have no idea who SOHellkite is so I'm not going to say anything specific about him.

I think you two misread each others posts. Either that or I'm braindead, because both of you look like you're replying to someone who said the exact opposite of what the posts actually said.

He's the hero the gaming industry needs, one of the chosen few deemed too autistic even for Holla Forums.

I was being sarcastic in replying to him, because it was such an obvious shitpost there was really nothing else to say to that

I think you misunderstood me. I was not talking about the ecelebs. But the community. The larger community seems to like world. It's not at all like say Star Wars Battlefront II, or Dawn of War 3 where an extremely vocal part of the game's fanbase bombed every video on Youtube with dislikes. There is no such negative reaction to world anywhere to be seen, it's the quietest loss of a fanbase I have ever seen if anything.

Remember the shitstorm when Diablo 3 was announced? That medium sized brouhaha over the game's graphics, gameplay, and real money AH? No such shitstorm for world. The only saltiness I have seen over the release of world is the lack of a localization for XX. I am just saying that the wider fanbase outside of full/v/ is liking the game. Those people aren't going anywhere, especially if the game lives up to their expectations.

Yes, normalfags who don't like Monster Hunter like World, that's the whole point of World in the first place.

See, now I know you're shitposting, because no one cares about localizations, and XX is pretty much universally shit on by MonHun fans.

I'm sure Reddit and SA and Tumbler are loving it, since they're not exactly Monster Hunter fans or video game fans at all for that matter

I am talking about people who like are subscribed to those channels, user. People who were already on the MonHun wagon to being with. People who hate MonHun don't subscribe to channels like GaijinHunter or SOHellKite. I find your lack of reading comprehension absolutely appalling.

So, normalfags.

What? Those are in fact exactly the kind of people who would pay attention to the guy who campaigns for censorship and (((localizations)))

What lack of reading comprehension? I know exactly what kind of filth you're talking about.

By the way these are the kinds of people by your definition world is trying to cater to. These are actual nornalfag opinions. Enjoy your aneurysm.

You're one obtuse nigger, holy shit.

this is literally the best buggo in monster hunter tbh

I think handheld consoles ruined Monster Hunter, before FU MH games were always trying to have a believable ecosystem and although they failed miserably in the first game, they at least tried something with it in Dos, this one even had a economy centered around monsters, seasons which would affect monsters and areas, and day and night cycles that would actually affect gameplay.
Then FU came around and threw everything out the window, turning the series into almost a boss rush, which is fine and enjoyable by it self but it's not what Monster Hunter was trying to be when it started.
You can even see clear examples of them trying it again in Tri, not only did the day and night cycle came back, which was dropped again in 3u, They also tried to make a believable ecosystem, for example the Jaggis in Tri will actually swarm the player like little raptors when G.Jaggi is around, if their numbers start going down they will stop swarming you. The other clear addition was Deviljho, there really doesn't need to be an explanation to Jho, he's the Apex predator of Apex predators, The fact that he attacks pretty much everything adds to that.
Out of all these features the only one still present in MH games is deviljho, I haven't played 3u in a long time but in p3rd the jaggis never swarmed the player, everything else has been removed, the ecosystem has been reduced to mere cutscenes, being 4u the biggest offender when they show case Seregios and Rathalos fighting each other, and when the cutscene ends they go back living in separate dimensions.
Many people tend to forget that the segmented areas the game has were hardware restrictions that the devs worked around, the game was built with these limitations in mind so each area looked nice and built the games difficulty around it as well.
I'm saying this because I see lots of people claiming that FU is great and did nothing wrong when it was the game that started to shift the series into something when it clearly wanted to be something much more.

So it does make me glad to see World bringing back some of these things and make the ecosystem finally somewhat believable, the only real problem World has is that it's too easy so far, everything else seems like the natural course for the series.
Also
About fucking time.

A miserable pile of autism.

No one here is defending what the localization team did, hell not even in world, what the fuck, do you enjoy playing the victim card every time?

No one makes games for people that hate the franchise. Don't kid yourself.

Finland. PC is the most used, then probably ps4 since I don't hear many people owning even xbox.

I know it is fun to hate new games always. This exact shit played out when 4U was coming out.

I've seen this ending before. When are we getting the Good End?

I don't know how to feel about this.

That's odd I remember near universal bitching for two years that there was no English release of 4 in the generals, then I stopped going on Holla Forums entirely for a year so I never actually saw what people thought of the game.

How is that "more?" It's just meaningless fluff.

FU wasn't that good, user. It's time to stop. The jank in that game is irredeemable as fuck. 3u and 4u are better in just about every single way.

And when it was announced there were speculation that it will be bad, and then there were crying when demo hit. Demos are always easy, even I was suspicious how easy 4U will be since demo gore barely reacted to anything.

Good ending comes after a week of release. Then the retards either quit the game/see it is good, and the ones that don't even play and shit post switch to another game thread.
It happens with almost every big game that is coming.

I think FU is great. Not necessarily anymore for playability compared to 3U and 4U, but for the atmosphere.

Yeah, lets add pvp too!
Normalfags are weird.

I am playing it right now on ppsspp. Just the way the game feels is awful. Not to mention how long it took me to get started on village shit. Boy being forced to collect 5 mountain herbs for granny has been the highlight of this evening let me fucking tell you, user. In 4u you learn how to play the game fighting an elder dragon and bang out some stupid tutorial bullshit in 10 minutes then you're instantly fighting large monsters for the caravan and the game doesn't ever stop from there. It's just a nonstop rollercoaster of new shit and a few classic monsters to even it out. Going back to FU feels like a god damn chore. You start the game by doing chores. Climbing takes 50 years, user. I can't believe I used to like this game.

3rd and 4th gens made plenty of QoL improvements like Item Sets and being able to queue up multiple harvests instead of having to stop by the farm after every single quest, absolutely. That's why I want the series to go in the opposite direction World is taking it - back to the challenge and intensity that 1st and 2nd gen had, with the interface improvements of 3rd and 4th.

Capcom desperately wants to be a Western company.

Are you? The game is about fighting the damn monsters, the extra shit like watching them drink water as opposed to just being in the area is meaningless.

The fact that you're using the term wholly unironically suggests you either genuinely believe there is one and only one so-called "nipanon" or you're trying to make other people believe it.

The first few hours really are awful in older installments. And I forgot that climbing really was slow, even in p3rd and 3U.
a-at least it doesn't have million gathering quests later like Gen!

20 million 3ds sales, in a country that is literally 2p times the size of Japan is not good kids fir a game like monster hunter to take off. You're also not taking into account that the psp sold significantly less units in the US. Which is when MonHun truly took off and became a phenomenon in your country. America literally had no chance when it comes to MonHun getting any kind of audience.

And considering what happens when games get targeted to this country, thank goodness that lasted as long as it did.

Japanese games have always done well here and are well liked here. The 3ds games sold much better than the psp games likely due to the higher install base, but any chance for an actively multiplayer community died due to its handheld exclusivity. World is more than anything an obvious attempt to rectify this. Your butthurt is pretty delicious tbh.

Why on Earth would you want multiplayer? That completely kills the fun of the games.

By dumbing down the game to sell to complete retards.

Not this shit again.

I'd like to get into this thread but there's always one guy sperging out 24/7. Is that your resident autist?

Yes.
Things usually get better once the game actually comes out.

Are you serious nigger? Multiplayer is the reason for the season. That shit you just said is so stupid I am tempted to filter you. Multiplayer is literally the only reason Monster Hunter as an IP exists in the first place. You are without a doubt the dumbest motherfucker I have ever spoken to on the internet.

There's more than one of them, but don't worry, like said, they tend to disappear once the new game releases so we can actually start talking about things normally again.

That's true, it was made to take advantage of the PS2's network adapter. However, when played in multiplayer, the hunts get abysmally easy to the point there's no point in playing. It's just a happy accident that there's still a good single player game in there.

No. Multiplayer is the only reason Monster Hunter ever got any traction even in Japan. It was never ever billed as a singleplayer experience in any regard. The series has always had a bias for multiplayer coop. Do they sell good weed in Japan?

This.

I only ever play local play with my one friend with a 3ds and copy of the game and then only go online once we beat a hard monster to farm the set/weapon. We've done this fir every game in the series. You really are alone, nip.

It's why the series is as popular as it is with normalfags, but it's completely pointless because it's so boring it can barely be called a game. Like I said, it's an accident the games are as good as they are, though sadly that seems to be coming to an end with World.

You don't have to play online in World.

No, but the game is going to be piss easy even in single player, so there'll be no point playing it at all.

Demos are always easy.

I remember being really impressed by monster hunter's graphics on the shitty psp hardware in 2006. I'm just disappointed, now, by how it runs on the wii and wii u. The wii itself was atrocious, it just didn't look good and the main hub chugged along. The WiiU doesn't even seem to run at native gamepad resolution.
the dithering was pretty bad, though

Then why are you in this thread? Why aren't you playing Hitbox-No Combo List Unite by yourself so us normalfags can discuss the new game at the ass end if the internet in peace? Sticking around to discuss something you hate with people you hate is a sure sign of autism, faggot. I bet you argue with the cashier at Lawson's every time someone reorders a game you don't like.

the wikipedia article for this game sounds like it came straight from a college essay

you would let one capture you, tie you up in his web and breed you for the rest of your life wouldn't you

Wiki is managed by some retard, and no one smart uses it since kiranico is more accurate and presents the data better.

So things like being able to move while Super Armored through damage or roars from a GS charge, or moving while shooting Bowguns and using items, or dumbed down skill systems, or freely teleporting to base camps to fully restock on items are all demo only, and not in the full game? That's a relief.

Because this is a thread for Monster Hunter, not World, and you fags will all be gone in a couple months anyway.

nerc is fe.m/ale on/ly
The (((Guild))) is always watching, so I can't say "yes". But I'm not saying "no", either.

but you are saying you want it tbh

No one is forcing you at gunpoint to play the game like a casual, user. Unless you are one. Wew.

You do realize you have to break combat with the monster and waste valuable time in order to fly back to base camp right user? You did play the demo right? You then have to run all the way back to the monster, if you're playing online this is a literal walk of shame. They will know your sin. You're better off not sucking in the long run.

Yeah man, this is complete bullshit, thankfully we still have our ultra-hardcore made-for-japanese-only MHXX and it's alchemy hunting style that's very difficult to use and not intended for easy-mode westerners which gives you an infinite number of healing, stamina recovery, ammo, whetstones, earplugs and damage items with absolutely no consequences.

MHW is definitely the point at which Monster Hunter started to suffer from "casualization" and it's definitely because it's being made for Westeners, it's definitely not something that's been happening to the series for a while now.

Makoto, you should really stop trying that and just embrace your own autism, it's really easy to find you amidst the monster hunter threads.

Just for fun I booted up the 4u demo to see how easy it is from the real 4u which I have been playing to get ready for world. The overall difficulty of the demo was roughly parralell to the difficulty of the world demo.

Great Jaggi/Jagras can be killed in less than 2 minutes. Gore Magala/Anjanath take a solid 5-15 minutes to kill. Both of the monsters kept falling over like the ground was made of banana peels just like the demo monsters in the MHW demo. Verdict, the 4u demo is not at all an indication of how difficult the final game ended up being. The monsters fight and react in this demo very similarly to the world demo. 4u is by no means the hardest game in this series, but the demo monsters fir both were effortless to defeat given the demo monsters.

Dark souls 3 was the same, no negative reaction and the whole streamer community with the western fanbase creamed themselves even though the people who actually played the game hated the fact that you could heal yourself on pvp and the other change they did to invades, the result was the the shit dying more quickly than dark souls 2. Enjoy your dead game. Everybody who liked MH and played it correctly (no multiplayer hunts) can still enjoy old good titles while you fags waste your money in a game where the multiplayer will be dead in less than a few months

the way you talk feels like or you don't think there are normalfags in the Occident or you are a asian yourself and wanted to scorn westerners without sounding like a faggot yourself.

which one is it?

You do get pretty strong equipment and items for the demos, while the full games start you off from scratch.

In MH4U's demo, the Charge Blade set is the full Brachydios set and weapon. Jaggi and Tetsucabra are both easy pushovers, but Gore is almost on the same level as Brachydios, as in the Caravan quests (so barring multiplayer), you fight Gore a few times in Caravan 3, 4 and 5 before finally getting access to the first Brachydios quest in 6.

Is just a fact you faggot, the whole watching other people play the game for you is a western thing.

Because niconico is actually kind of small site, but monster hunter is still pretty big game there when new installment comes out, and you can find streams there more regularly compared to twitch. So I don't get your point.

Try reading the post i was replying to

Try not being such a silly goose.

What the fuck are you talking about, go be a retard somewhere else.

At least I am not the one crying in every thread. :^)

Are you seriously complaining about alchemy style? The style that gives you probably the worst healing item in the game, ammo/coatings that are only marginally better than Normal 1 and uncoated arrows, and an explosive that takes forever to charge, does practically no damage, and is almost impossible to hit anything with? Alchemy is almost useless, I can't understand why, out of all the styles, you pick this one to complain about. It's the fucking joke style. It's the Hunting Horn of styles. Is there a single weapon type where it's better than even Guild style? Maybe Lance, but no one gives a fuck about any style for Lance that isn't Striker.
Even Aerial is a much better, much more casual friendly style than Alchemy. And Adept is even more casual, and better on almost every weapon than Aerial was. And then there's Brave. Fuck Brave. Whoever thought Brave was a good idea needs to be fired. Brave is worse than any individual thing in World. It's worse than the JE SUIS MONTE spam and Charge Blade getting 40 KO's per hunt in 4U. It's one of the most retarded and poorly designed things this series has ever seen, it makes the game so easy that an infant could breeze through g-rank. And yet you choose to single out Alchemy style. Why?

Stop being retarded, claiming that the gaming streamers on nico nico numbers are not even close to your average western e-celeb because the site is small when you have some Utaite's with over millions views in some of their videos on the same "small site" is total bullshit,Face it faggot watching other people play games instead of playing them yourself is just not as popular as is on the west.

Because he's never played XX

And when I said that niconico has more people than twitch? Maybe it is you who should read the post you reply to.
You are probably so mad that you can't think rationally.

Read your own post you delusional and and then read mine again you obnoxious faggot
Listen faggot claiming that the gaming streamers on nico nico cant pull anything close to the numbers your AVERAGE western e-celeb do because the site is SMALL is total bullshit when you have some Utaite's with over millions views in some of their videos on the same "SMALL SITE", Even after looking it proportionally you can tell that watching other people play games is just not mainstream

Can I now call you a retard too?

As someone who tried really hard to exploit alchemy style by pushing spe sharp/composed/sh+ to take advantage of the synergy between the HA boosting whetstones and weapons with really low sharpness together with a weapon that benefits from HAs I can confirm without a doubt that alchemy is beyond complete and utter garbage. It takes at least 5 minutes to get enough momentum to keep a constant HA whetstone->SP alchemy boost chain going using the fueru+whetstone combination to actually outspeed your alchemy meter consumption that you need to be drinking alchemy juices (3 bars) for in order to keep your barrel shake and meter growth speed up, that you're lucky to even get 1 HA boost dama in a single hunt. I don't think I've ever in the hours of me trying to use my alc sets have I had enough spare meter to waste some on a 3 bar consuming disposable earplug, the 4 bar consuming fucking FIXED DAMAGE pirate/jump bombs (which amount to a single LBB+ if you land both ) or the beyond useless 'it restores 30 (I will never understand why 30) stamina food' and 'it's just the HP boost from SP mode but costs actual bars'-berry. I tried it primarily with hammer (loses guild golfswing->charge but keeps the golfswing which you otherwise lose with striker) and LS (strong HAs and synergy with SP mode and demon blade) and even when you do actually start to get a constant chain of SP and HAs you barely even outspeed the HA generation rate that striker gets due to how much the motion value costs for HAs get jacked up when you add SP to them, so aside from SP II-IV affecting your teammates as well as you, alchemy does fucking nothing.
Alchemy could have been made something useful, where's the wide area? the dash juices? demon/armor horn or pill buffs? hell a fucking scaled damage bomb like CB gets on every other attack it does? or something interesting like elementally aligned bombs? Anything could have at least made it fill the niche of being an item-based supporter without just being lolmightseedwideareaSnS or a substitute for a build dependant on dash juices or something, but no, let's just make it a shitty version of striker with an automatic SP-mode tap affixed to it.
It really comes back to the generations design philosophy, when I first heard about styles it sounded like a good idea, normally certain weapons are restricted to particular armor sets by the skills they provide, but styles could allow more freedom and creativity by disconnecting the links between things like evasion or crit draw, guard or stamina boosting skills that make certain playstyles more viable. If bushido had been some passive equivalent to guard or evasion skills instead of 1 mirrion i-frames+5 second animation lag every time you dodge, if brave had been more dangerous with the y-mechanic instead of total invincibility, tedious meter building and then mindless spamming, if guild and striker had more dynamic differences instead of one always being a straight upgrade of the other. There's a lot of fun that could've been had in the cross series, but instead we just get ridiculously unbalanced styles paired with ridiculous poorly balanced monsters.

GAY

Behold, MHXX cucks!

Fucking finally, that Rathalos finally dropped 2 heavenly scales on me.
I'm really believing petting the pig does something, I petted him before the hunt and the nigger dropped 2.

Das rite.

I might shit talk FU for what it is but man, it has been a journey like no other, I restarted back with an emulator in the summer and I'm still not done.
I'm extremely close to 3G though, but even after that there is still a way to go.

Have fun unlocking fatalis etc. Those "training quests" have nothing to do with training. 1 cart and it is over.

Stop false-flagging, not one person thinks XX is hardcore by any means.

The X games were side games by a separate team, so those don't really count. The main games have been getting easier for a while, but this is the first time they've clearly come out and said they're building a game specifically for people who refused to play the games because they're too hard. There is nothing good about that whatsoever.

What identity? I'm stating the composite sales of both Japan and the West, because if I say just 4U some nitpicking faggot's going to say that "4U" only sold 1 million so World is going to outsell it because of that.

Learn to read son, I'm saying that fans will put up with the claw for the games that are genuinely fun as opposed to settling for World just because it has more comfortable controls.

Obviously not if you're getting this desperate to try to find your little scarecrow.

I can see that they wanted this, but it's a fucking stupid idea and I'm glad they didn't get to do it.

What I want is what Monster Hunter has been since 2nd gen, not the piece of shit it's turning into.

I find it funny when people think Japanon is a bigger autist than shillkun when shillkun had more posts in the last thread while also getting caught changing ids like a faggot.

You are a FUCKING retard. Almost every single streamer for Monster Hunter world on Playstation Live was a jap. The same thing happened when Dragon Quest XI came out and there were thousands of viewers in each channel. I am now following through and filtering you. I can not even imagine how big of a faggot you are in real life.

You have not made a single argument in good faith. I am officially tired of reading your bullshit. You are getting autofilered in everythread I notice you in until the release if the game and I hope everyone does the same.

I wanted to talk about the graphics :(

It looks nice enough except the handler, my main problem is with the animations, shit just seems off

I really like all the small details they added now. Like in the video where they talked how the skin reacts to movements.
I can't wait to see how it looks on pc with max settings.

My favorite part about the new graphics is the amount of detail on the monsters. The Great Jagras looks like a real iguana. The detail around his eyes is especially lifelike. MTFramework is an amazing engine

You get this on ps4 pro. You'll probably get that for the pc version too, along with 4k and a pleasant 60fps.

BEEF
E
E
F

Ruh roh.
World is 40-50 hours long. Twice as short as 4U.
twitter.com/USgamernet/status/942822537318227968
usgamer.net/articles/monster-hunter-world-kind-of-short-at-40-to-50-hours?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

World is half as long as a game bundled with an expansion pack? Crazy

I'm not a big fan of world either but isn't this apparently only for the "village" quests?

The monster list got leaked few days ago, and it has way less monsters than 4U.

Village and gathering hall are the same thing in world

That list is old as fuck user. It's probably real though. You're comparing a vanilla worldwide release MonHun with the ultimate edition of a game with a full expansion. It's a little disingenuous to claim 4 didn't have a similar amount kg hunts when it launched.

Anyone here still use 4chan's /mhg/? Y'all niggas excited to fight bazelgeuse?

Was Bezelguese clever shown?

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

I was pointing it out to the other user, not complaining that game with less monsters should be as long. I don't think understanding context is that hard.

Bazelgeuse is probably the hidden final boss that (((causes))) all of the problems in the New World. We're getting two new trailers before the game drops, according to SocksyBear.
also how do you spoiler in cripplechan, im a Holla Forumsagabond

Who?

The hopelessly obese actual bigger Capcom USA hired on as community manager.

The black numale who Capcom decided is the best fit for a community manager.

Double *. You're welcome. If you pop over to /tg/ there's a formatting image in their sticky, IIRC.

thanks bro, [spoiler] tags work as well. anyone up for some mhp3rd or mhp2g?

Am I the only person that sees the west coast of the united states on that map with no central America? Is this game 1000 years after trump glasses Mexico?

Whats so special about bazelgeuse?
What about literally every other new monster in the game?

I wonder what Xeno'jiiva would be like, its name is insanely badass.

i really suck at video games
that being said, playing monster hunter freedom on psp it just fucking sucks, all weapons I can craft suck, I don't know how to get the materials for better weapons (meaning those retarded tickets, commendations and monster parts from monsters I've never seen that are probably way out of my leage too), the current quests that I'm supposed to go on are way out of my fucking league, and I have to grind ages for materials. I already have 30 hours playtime, this shit is tedious

Play 3u and 4u and never touch that shit again. No one with a functioning brain thinks the psp games are anything more than relics that were outclassed by their vastly superior sequels. They WERE good. They were hard, but most of that difficulty came from fighting the obtuse controls and menus than the monsters themselves. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a masochist. Play 3u and 4u then revisit the PSP games to see how bad they were in retrospect.

Poor user, you shouldnt suffer through a game that you dont like nor want to play, its not your fault. MHF is old and aged like milk. The game has numerous problems stated by anons throughout this thread. Whomever tells you to play those games are all nostalgiafags, mhfu is not as great as they make it out to be.

Play 3u/4u or world ps4 beta on 22nd, they are the least clunky and most gamer friendly MH games out there.

I want to try God Eater: Resurrection but I don't know anything about it really. Is the multiplayer active? Or is the second game the one to try. Anyone know anything about these games?

thanks guys. Can't really give up now having spent so much time but.. eh I may try to look up bits and pieces of relevant info online (cheat) so I can actually progress at all. Oh well

The games were meant to be played collaboratively. It's not cheating to look up information the game labors to keep hidden from you

of course, thank you for consoling me bro. N-no homo

I've only played 2 rage burst but it's pretty different from mh, more focus on story and speed and has some cute girls, 3 is in development too. Don't expect a very active online community. And from what I hear 2 rage burst is the one to go with and you should only go back to the first for the story if you care, you don't need to play the first one to understand the second.

Everybody looks stuff up for mh dude

Is the online community dead because the game sucks or it's just not a game with that kind of longevity. What about Toukiden?

I LOVE LAVA GODZILLA

Apparently it was hard to stay connected, I never played online so I wouldn't really know also the pc version has Denuvo. And it's a niche game within a niche genre so it makes sense that not many would be playing, that being said I thought the game was pretty good but also flawed so I guess it's more a lack of longevity.
As for Toukiden it's closer to mh and I prefer it over god eater. The multiplayer is probably more alive for Toukiden 2 too.

Would be interesting to see if they handle the incredibly large monster differently from the Morans, Dalamadur and Gogmazios. As well as Raviente from Frontier.

*he's actually lao shan lung but infected with nergigante's or bazelgeuse's eggs and sent to incubate them at the volcano*

That would be really fucking cool if during the fight immature elder dragons were roaming all over it and you have to fight them while dealing with lava godzilla. But he might end up being another Moran style fight where you shoot cannons at it and hope he gets close.

Jeez, you weren't kidding:

We get it, you vape.

how to tell someone that monster hunter is not soulslike?

You can't he is already a lost cause.
Euthanasia is recommended.

1. There are no levels
2. attacking doesn't consume stamina (excluding some special cases)
3. there are no trash mobs that you have to clear before boss
4. armor skills
5. weapon upgrade system, or rather whole crafting system
6. all weapons are designed to kill large monsters (gameplay), and pvp wouldn't even be possible
7. grinding the same monster for the crafting
8. MH didn't have story in the past, and the new one isn't "you are the chosen one!" either, so still different
9. weapon types
10. Time limit for missions
11. actual co-op synergy between different playstyles

If someone is insisting MH is a "souls" game even after

Then he's not worth redeeming.

Yeah, nah, fuck you.

Monster Hunter came out before dark souls. So it's literally impossible to belong to a "genre" that wasn't invented yet.

Comparing Dark Souls to MonHun isn't unheard of. People were comparing the games when DeS came out and people were asking what it is. When did it become fashionable to hate Dark Souls on Holla Forums. This is fucking nonsense. Those games shit on 99% of the games that came out in the past 10 years

Personally speaking, I don't hate the games. I really like the first one, but I wasn't too interested in the 2nd or 3rd beyond some of the characters/porn. I would really like to play Demons' Souls sometime, as well as Bloodborne.

I dislike the people who look at other games shouting "Woah, you can [insert action game movement here] in this game? It's JUST like DARK SOULS!" Or "This game is hard (in a way that's totally not related to Dark Souls type challenge)? It's JUST like DARK SOULS!"

That's pretty infuriating.

There were few even in 4chan before Holla Forums was made. And I have seen people comparing them elsewhere.

And where did you get that hate part?

Yeah, that's the thing though - they should compare dark souls to monster hunter, not the other way around. Calling it a soulslike is moronic, if not only because it came out at least half a decade before. Just because they're both 3rd person action rpgs doesn't make them so similar - dark souls is an open world type game with a linear story and progression. Monster Hunter is an action game with a hub where you go to like maybe 5 different levels to fight monsters. The melee combat is moderately similar, but Monster Hunter focuses on it to a level of detail that Dark Souls does not - and don't forget that Dark Souls has magic and the like, and the ranged combat is very dissimilar. It'd be comparing two very different games because they have a similar gloss on the surface. You're better suited comparing games like Toukiden or God Eater to Monster Hunter than Dark Souls.

Also,

there's an actual ps3 emulator out nowadays, which can play demon's souls moderately well. You should give it a try.

I agree with that sentiment. Calling every FUCKING game dark souls is pretty stupid but it doesn't bother me that much. I'd much rather live in a world where game are "like dark souls" than "like call of duty" this has happened a million times before in case you're not old enough to remember the Mario/doom clone speak from the 90s. It wasn't infuriating then and it doesn't infuriate me now. These soulslike labels are because the core gameplay of souls cakes are so unique that there has been inspiration in other game, obvious inspiration, like Nioh, and Salt and Sanctuary, but there has not been a word that properly captures the essence of these games. Like Mario and Platformers, or Doom and FPS.

For the longest time GOLDENEYE and perfect dark were considered "doomclones". It's just how these things go for normalfag cattle until the industry people tell them what to think.

gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre

archive.is/KIsZN