Best villain in gaming?

- Intimidating, has a presence.
- Perfectionist, hasn't lost a case in 40 years.
- Extremely intelligent, anticipates all your moves.
- Can be witty.
- Knows how to use other people to further his goals.

You forgot
-Nihilistic
-With a wicked sense of humor

/thread

Not even the best villain in Ace Attorney.

wrong. see

The last four numbers of my ATM card are 1347.
What are you gonna do about it?

Wrong move. You've been fucking hacked kiddo.

Nothing, I've already checked your balance and it isn't even worth stealing.

I wouldn's say Gantz is that good, specially compared to Von Karma. Von Karma held a fucking bullet for years in his shoulder. Personally, I like Ambassador Alba more than both of them.

- Nanomachines, son!

- Don't fuck with this senator!

No. Real villains have a build up to them, over the course of the entire game.

No this faggot sucked

Flowey for sure

It made me chuckle because I realized just how far out of left field Armstrong actually comes from. Yet, he's written well enough that people just immediately like him.

Villains either should be faceless or whores in denial you get to reform with headpats and righteous dicking. Anything else is a waste.

EZ PZ. I got you an all powerful malevolent being that lusts for only destruction and misery which has an army of mindless drones under its control. It cant be solo'ed though, it can only be taken down in a raid when its vulnerable.

But Adachi is literally just Shadow Yosuke.

scorpius did nothing wrong.

No, he is literally shadow Yu. Did you even play the game?

His motivations and personality have a lot more in common with Shadow Yosuke.

He's pure chaotic neutral. Which is the opposite of the MC's true neutral. You're a retarded fag.

Are you sure it isn't shadow (you)?

>>>/somethingawful/

Holy shit, are you 14-years old.

Prove me wrong without ad hominem, you goon fuck.

I was afraid this would turn into a meaningless insult and it has. Now I can't call out actual goons without looking like a moron.
But yeah, you're retarded if you can't see the similarities between Shadow Yosuke and Adachi, in that both their motivations are "lol i was bored so i killed people"
I think the "boredom" motive of Adachi is why I like him so much. It's the strongest motive because you literally can't argue against it. There is no counter-argument to doing anything because you're bored.
The motivation also works because of the build up behind it. The more you find out about the murders, the less shit makes sense, and you're wondering what the hell could possibly tie all this incomprehensible shit together. Then you find out who the killer is and when you finally confront him, the only answer you get is "i was bored lol"
It pisses you off, but you can't get angry at the writers because not only is it the only motivation that really works, but it's also the only motivation that makes sense.
There aren't really a lot of villains like Adachi. There's Akechi in Persona 5, but he's different because he actually wanted power. He's also a good villain for different yet kinda similar reasons that Adachi is. Still, I consider Adachi the better villain.

You first.

You have no argument, so you hide behind smug self-satisfaction. You are the prototypical lefitst/goon, and you're not worth the keyboard strokes. Do us all a favor and suck-start a shotgun.

Brevity is the soul of wit. Break that down into maybe three sentences and maybe I'll read it.

you're not doing a good job, Holla Forums

He also had Diplomatic Immunity. Faggot covered his ass from all angles. Also, Investigations 1 cornered theme just makes fucking him up better.

I don't like how he shows up in the last case and ONLY the last case. I hate villains with no buildup at all over the course of the game.
I think that's something Investigations 2 and Spirit of Justice did better. You meet Simon Keyes and Queen Cunt early on in the game, establishing them as characters. They don't just show up in the last case and then boom they're the villain, like Alba did.

To be fair, there's foreshadowing of the smug ring leadership that kinda points to one of the 2 countries. He had to keep himself hidden for a reason, though.
Also, if it's foreshadowing you want, Dahlia is right there along the Devil.

literally the entire game was about a secret drug ring or some shit with each of it's members being the culprits. Frankly it wouldn't make sense for the last one to even have buildup, it's a foreign smuggle ring so naturally it's leaders would be unknown.

Best villain coming through

what makes a villain so good for you guys? is it the buildup? personally I've always been a fan of dramatic villains like the ones from the phoenix wright series' but every now and again a game manages to surprise me with some hammy villain or plotter that wasn't extremely obvious. So what does it for you all?

MY SWEET PERSISTENT FRIEND

Only children and brainlets dislike him.

I can't think of anyone more evil.

Are you illiterate or just buttfrumpled?

PC release when? I was near to finish it before my friend had to move and i had to give back his PS4

He's written like a basic burger politician stereotype. Burgers like him because they're proud that way. It has nothing to do with quality, and Sundowner is more popular anyway.

He did nothing wrong.

I've played all three DS games and the first investigations game. Kind of burnt out about the games, but what would recommend after that? Just keep playing in order, or is there some real standout amongst the bunch?

Investigations 2 is my favorite in the series, far better than investigations 1, certainly. It's nip only but there's a fan translation of it that's pretty good.
The rest of the series was okay, but it never got as good as T&T.

Thanks, getting on it as we speak.

Where?
I always thought Samuel was the most popular of the MGR bosses. Rival battles and all that.

Played every AA except Apollo Justice and the Layton spinoff. Are they worth checking out?

I tried playing Apollo some time ago, but couldn't be bothered to get past the first case. It's getting a 3ds hd rerelease now, so I considered trying it again.

I thought investigations 1 was much better, frankly. The new characters were really uninteresting and annoying at times, but what really killed it for me was that the music was nowhere near as good imo.

If you didn't like AJ the first time around i don't see why it would be any different on the 3DS. No idea about the Layton spinoff though, i haven't played it.

The layton spinoff is good.

Honestly, AJ sucks. It says it all that Phoenix Wright is still the best character in there. And the last case is the worst of all the final cases in all of the games…

I think 1 is much better too, but I do think 2 has pretty cool characters like the Warden or even the Knightly. The music is not nearly as good, but it's not bad, it's just that 1 had a really high bar, the cornered theme being the actual theme of Edworth remixed and all. Also, 2 has those chess interrogations that are really cool.

The thing that Phoenix Wright did good in the first game was killing Mia. Mia was by all means just plain better than Phoenix and she probably still is. With AJ, Phoenix is to Apollo what Mia was supposed to be to Phoenix, I understand you can't kill Phoemix, but that's exactly why Apollo will always be shit.

Bump

That shit still gets me every time.
A regional mafia boss gets two diametrically opposed eco-terrorists and a handful of international baddies some of which have aspirations that boarder on megalomania and they form a team because “hey, we’re all bad guys.”

He literally did nothing wrong.