Weapons you hate in videogames

If theres something I really hate in FPS games its fucking laser guns that shoot out a single line constantly.
They usually try to feel satisfying to use like in F.E.A.R where it gibs enemies or other games where they start burning, but they are overall unsatisfying to use and feel worthless, low effort and too easy to use.
Fucking hitscan garbage
I feel like the plasma rifles with actual projectiles burning enemies and visible damage on enemy models would be much more satisfying to use
Only slow fire one shot guns like that actually work like the Shock Rifle in UT or the Spartan Laser in Gaylo, as they're not only satisfiyingly powerful in both damage values and animations/sound effects.

Most shotguns that can't hit shit at mid range due to retarded spread is also awfully done and unsatisfying all hell, not only is it unrealistic but unsatisfying to use

I hate those line guns too, it's one of the reasons I prefer Quake over UT

Beams are in fact the coolest thing ever, fam.
Are you human?

The Raildriver from Red Faction is absolute bullshit, specially in the hands of the enemies, one hit kill weapon that lets you see through walls as well as shoot through them. I've died many times to this piece of shit, It's fun when you have it yourself, but I rather not have it in the game at all.

Rifles without a sniper scope are mostly useless. Hate that.

I'm the opposite. Unscoped rifles are my favourite.

I'll fucking end you nigger

Red Faction is so fucking forgetful, goddamn
I can't reminder any weapons besides the starting pistol or any levels besides the awful vehicle levels, the stealth one where you're in the management building and the one where the miners escape without you only to be shot down.
That last one was actually cool and gave you a sense of dread, too bad I can't remember the rest of the game

Unscoped rifles are top tier shit nigger
Literally the only thing Battlecuck 3 did right.

If they could actually cut enemies in half or melt their armor and weapons, that would be something.

However, in space sim and mech games I vastly prefer beams or dakka over slow-moving energy projectiles just for aesthetic reasons.

Everything besides the Spread Gun in Contra.
I avoid touching any other weapon powerups, because they're inferior replacements.

Happens with F.E.A.R Extraction Point, but its still unsatisfying as shit to use after the gimmick wears off.

Probably the only genres I can admit shit like that.

Same with Mercs
The Metal Slug laser is also fucking shit and can't diagonal

Do you mean railguns? Because I'll agree with you there, especially in arena shooters.

No he means guns that fire a continuous beam, and you have shit opinions

Railguns are fucking shit. Rapidfire weaponry in a a game where everyone is strafejumping at the speed of light is superior tbh.
Go back to Reddit nigger

This. Very few games present shotguns as the dreadful weapons they are in truth. Faggots always argue that realistic shotguns in games would break the game. Well fuck them, in most video games, you engage enemies at shotgun distance anyway.

Reported

What are you talking about? You should be able to click on someone precisely it's a basic skill. I know you dont even play arena shooters so I don't know why you assert your opinion so loudly.

Submachine guns.
They are completely fucking useless, don't have the satisfying feel of a pistol and are inferior to assault rifles in every way.

That administration building level sucked massive ass especially since they take all the guns you've collected and throw you in a place full of guards. Do you fail if you shoot a guard or the disguise fails? No. Do you get locked out and have to backtrack to a different route? No. Do you get trapped into some difficult to survive locked kill room where tons of guards pour in to kill you but still giving you a slim chance to survive it and carry on? Fuck no. They take your guns leaving you with jack shit and even then you can play it like a retard and slaughter your way to the top while everyone screams bloody murder using only a pistol and lot's of running.

Unf

Not an argument, filtered

Thats really dependent on a game
Some games have shit tier pistols and while assault rifles usually do more damage and have less spread SMGs are good for close quarters due to their high firerate that can be very satisfying to use as you riddle an enemy with countless bullets.

Max Payne comes to mind

The shotgun in Shogo: Mobile Armor Division is one of the best shoguns I've ever used, It's got very good range and damage, the only drawback it's the speed. But I would say is one of the more realistic depictions of a shotgun, even though It's a Spas-12 that is fully pump action.

Have you ever played as a Vanguard in Mass Effect 2? I guarantee you, it's a lot of fun. Charging directly straight into enemy and unleashing shotgun hell on their asses. Very risky, but oh so rewarding. Probably the most fun I had with shotguns in Any game tbh.

I've got an M590A1, lamentably kitted up with tacticool bullshit. Still looking around for decent wooden furniture.

Shogo pissed me off to no end, with the horrible map design, awful modeling, and shitty copied Masamune Shirow art. It was jarring. I'd give it another go, but I can't really work up the initiative to try it again.

Vanguard is the worst class in ME2. Hell, it's the only class that's non-viable on Insanity.

Speaking of both shotguns and weapons that we hate in games, how about the shotgun in "Secret Service: Security Breach". Just take a look at embed and take a guess why I hate it.

Also I loved shogo

But I did beat it on Insanity, noob.
The only downside is that you can't use it on the final boss, relying on other weapons instead.

No, the downside is that you're squishy as fuck and do fuck-all damage compared to every other class. Stream yourself playing through it on insanity. I want to see how many times you had to throw yourself at shit and die before you lucked out and managed to get to the next checkpoint.

Fuck I miss Monolith
I hope Time Warner burns

I never played any Mass Effect game and honestly I don't intend to.
Most of the alien races are humanoid and you can't play them, it pisses me off.

Looks good, at least you're not a nogunz faggot living in a nogunz country like me.

Play the first game, I heard that one is great for things like this.

I don't think video games are for you, user.

What part of "high risk, high reward" don't you understand? It's immensely satisfying when you do a biotic charge and get up close and personal on your enemies, greeting them with a shotgun blast to the face. It's a lot more masculine than taking cover and shooting from a distance, like some pussy.

Besides that, if the Vanguard's charge (the only unique power imo, since I've seen all the other class-exclusive powers in other video games before) was not in this game at all, Mass Efect 2's combat gameplay would have just been your usual, typical 3rd person, cover-based shooter. The Vanguard ability at least makes it stand out from your usual fare.

I had weapons in scrolling shooters (danmakus are especially bad at this) that cover such a large area or home in such a way that they basically remove the aspect of aiming from the genre.

I've only ever loathed one weapon in fps shooters and that's the GES biorifle from the unreal tournament series. I want to say it was also in the original unreal. Absolutely despised that weapon

What part of "weaker than every other class on insanity" don't you understand? High risk, high reward would be Infiltrator where you better land those cloaked, boosted headshots.. Vanguard on Insanity is high risk, low reward. Instead of pretending the class is good on Insanity (it's not), the ideal way to argue for that class would be to say that you're so fucking good at the game that Insanity is a joke with any of the other classes.

Sidearms that require a buildup to be effective and pistols that are just straight up crap starter weapons. For all its many many many faults, Halo 1 had an excellent pistol.

Cookie Clicker must be the most difficult game to master then, if railguns require skillful play. Even the shock rifle, as good as it is, is a much better design for a hitscan weapon in an arena shooter. Tribes had a similar weapon but it uses all of your energy when you shoot it, which makes it impossible to jet away and leaves you vulnerable. The Quake railgun design has none of this.

How about you actually read my post?
and the shotty in Metal Slug is fucking worthless for anything but Bosses, minibosses and the rare clump of enemies

God I fucking hate that shit as well
Any starter weapon that does this honestly

Halo 1's pistol overshadowed every other weapon in the game aside from power weapons.

Why do so many people hate the bio rifle? It's a niche weapon but that's exactly why I like it.
It's a much better and more creative area denial weapon than ye olde grenade launcher.

Two things:
1. It's just fucking fun on Vanguard, and I also hardly see any games out there that offer this unique style of gameplay. Turning yourself invisible has been done to death, and so has momentarily slowing down time as well (adrenaline rush). But the teleporty speed charge + shotgun gameplay is an honest rarity in 3rd person shooters.
2. If you're complaining that Vanguard is the hardest class to do on Insanity (given its high risk, high reward gameplay), then why are you here complaining about the difficulty then? To beat the hardest dfficulty with the hardest class is a mark of mastery, you dumb shit.

I have realized for a long time that people who hate a certain weapons in Unreal simply can't fucking use it correctly.

As long as you're now admitting that it is indeed the hardest (weakest) class, we're good.

Bitch please. Does this look like some pussy gameplay to you?

Yes, actually, considering the player in your video is spending a very large portion of their gameplay behind cover, which you yourself complained about here

How about most of the weapons in Daikatana?

Jesus Christ

Shit, I bet he came up with the idea of the Thunderbolt killing you when firing underwater

What the fuck, please explain, I've never played Daikatana in my life

I dunno, COD laser guns are pretty fun.
And I would disagree with you on the balls of fire plasma bit, a lot of games usually overdo the special effects on these projectiles, so it's hard to judge where they'll actually land (at least for me, I'm a bit retarded). Oddly enough, Link Gun is both my most hated and my most fucking aggravating weapon in Unreal games.
Any weapon with piss poor range instantly goes into the bin in my books.

damn dude, that's some hardcore clutch gameplay, did it make to any top tens on bestMojo?

What's wrong with you?

Oh so Now taking cover is a detriment to you? Jesus fucking christ. At least be little consistent in what you consider to be bad or good. I still maintained that Vanguarding is an incredibly risky (but rewarding) style of gameplay in all my posts, but like all other classes, you can't be stupid when it comes to about strategizing. Sometimes you're striking as fast as lightning, clearing rooms in seconds, but sometimes you can't simply go one-on-one with some of the more spongier enemies. (Not unless you're really good at it, which some players are.)

Incorrect. Efficiency(speed) and resources expended differ wildly. Under your highly autistic and limited definition, you could never use risk/reward to describe anything where foes are being dispatched, and that's retarded. Not going to bother to read the rest of your nonsense. Try again.

Merely pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts, bucko. You claimed that having to take cover wasn't "masculine" and then posted a vanguard demonstration of someone spending an awfully long time hiding in cover and waiting for their charge cooldown.
Wrong again. Read your response to my first post, where you claimed that the only downside is your inability to use "it" (it presumably being the charge and your shotgun) on the final boss.

There's no need to continually double down.

You have shit taste and need to leave this fucking board. You made me stop lurking just to tell you to get the fuck out
Jesus Christ

user, you worded it awfully. If you meant efficiency, then you should have actually worded it as such, instead as a mongoloid would. Risk/reward implies you're not getting as much out of it for the exact same effort, which is effectiveness. That's why your explanation is still bunk, besides avoiding explaining your logic about the only class able to completely de-aggro enemies and become invisible as being "high risk".

See and
You're pissing your pants here like I'm the one who brought up risk/reward in that context. Try again.

Have to agreed for quake. Lightning gun is for fags, plasma is the only rapid fire choice.

Just ripped some random video from youtube to showcase Vanguarding on Insanity in action (which you implied was "Hell, it's the only class that's non-viable on Insanity"). That player wasn't as aggressive as me though, but fuck it, it'll do I thought.

And two, because it Is the only downside imo. I didn't have any problems with any of the enemies in games, minus maybe the ones (like the final boss) which were legitmately out of Vanguarding's reach. But even then, I still pull through just fine with my pistols and squadmates.

To stay on-topic, yes, I do find using shotguns (out of any game) most enjoyable on ME2 because of the Vanguard ability. It's not common you'll find this sort of gameplay in many other games, but it's so much fun once you master it. Brutally destroying your enemies face-to-face with pure speed and a shotgun.

they wouldn't really

in the original UT it sucks balls and is only good for baiting noobs into a humiliating death
in UT2004 and UT3 its actually decent as an ambush weapon even against better players

Any kind of assault rifle or submachine gun in a survival horror game. No matter what, they're constantly low powered and aren't ever good for mowing down enemies. And even if you upgrade it to its best stats, you'll still have to dump all your resources to buy ammo for the damn thing, and deprive your other guns.

If anything, his definition of it is correct, because he's talking about gameplay of going into the thick of enemy crowds to eliminate them quickly, which IS high risk/high reward. Low reward would mean few or none of them are eliminated. None of what you've said works, try again. :^)

If I remember correctly, the assault rifle was one of the best guns in dead space 3, but then again that game wasn't really a horror game by that stage.

Which resulted in you "showcasing" gameplay that you claimed was "non-masculine", and in reality was just a worse version of every other class where you're largely sitting behind cover and plinking at enemies while waiting for your powers to cooldown. Hell,did you already forget the cringy post you threw up with the video?: "Bitch please. Does this look like some pussy gameplay to you?" when you had defined pussy (non-masculine) gameplay as sitting behind cover, which is what is largely "showcased" in the video you posted.

Do you see where I'm going with this? You keep doubling down and trying to move the goalposts, pretty much everything short of just admitting you were wrong (or "misspoke") and moving on.

Bud, you weren't actually following the conversation, got triggered by one of my posts without understanding the context, and then shit your pants. You're embarrassing yourself, just stop :^))))

Explosives, they're such a pain to have to deal with

Timed fuse only grenades
Fuck everything about that notion, if it doesn't have contact / sticky / proximity trigger too it's shit.

The "pistol" is still better in ammo efficiency.

Someone sucks at throwing.
Anything you can do with an impact grenade you can do with a timed one but you cant bounce around corners without a timed one.

It's less of a weapon and more of a mechanic, but I always hated A2A or even A2G missiles in various airplane/spaceship vidya always going after countermeasures specific to the target they were trying to hit or being near-impossible to dodge without dropping Syrian hacker flares.

Someone didn't play HUNK in Mercs.

Strange, I've never liked sticky grenades.
They always feel like underpowered normal/contact grenades.
Proximity grenades are just landmines

It was actually fairly decent in dead space 2 as well, since it staggered nearly anything in the game plus being able to tear limbs off if were able to focus it squarely on the limbs, plus the alt-fire was switched from literally wasting your ammo by firing in directions that the enemy wasn't going to be, to a grenade that did decent crowd control.

Come on, you've got to live a little

Mercs isn't nearly the same gametype as the regular game. But for neck-snapping you're damn right

About every weapon does that but involve different skill sets. A railgun is generally easier to use because it has no travel time (vs projectiles that can be dodged because of them) and only requires the split second your target is on the reticle (vs a lightning gun or machine gun that requires staying on the target for a duration of time).

I don't really have a problem using them somewhat well but I still find them really fucking shit to use unless they have some gimmick to them or are stupidly powerful like the SP handgrenade in Lost Planet 2
Fear 2 actually did something cool with that, grenades are timed only but i you throw at someone it doesn't really rebound anywhere but compared to FEAR 1 and the contact grenades.they're still shittier especially the explosion itself.
But where it makes me 100% mad is when there's timed only grenades in a fucking grenade launcher and then there's programmable airburst which is simultaneously the greatest and worst thing

good luck not blowing yourself up.

For real though, the Excioium is not worth the massive investment it requires to get it. Heavy armored targets are more easily and efficiently disposed of with a Bear Killer, and if you want explosives, the grenade launcher works just fine, has a faster fire rate and larger clip, and the grenades stick around like proximity mines when fired at walls and floors. Plus if you accidentally fire it too close to an enemy, it doesn't cause instant suicide.

Its easier to pick up but hard to master, especially when enemies are moving ultra fast for you to get that split second interval right on target

Please argue with substance. Everytime I meet someone who writes throwaway lines like "doubling down", "moving goalposts", and "I'm merely pointing out your inconsistencies [which I perceive]" and sidesteps directly counterarguing gets on my nerves. Claiming fallacies and backing them up are one thing, but Solely claiming them is another. When a person's post is comprised mostly just of "you did this fallacy, this fallacy, this fallacy, repeat ad nauseam" and nothing else of substance, it's annoying. Notice how I don't accuse of you as such things? You write obviously wrong statements like how "Vanguard's non-viable on Insanity", but I simply correct your nonsense straight away. No need to waste my breath claiming you commited a fallacy.

Also, by my logic you claim, the "only" requirement for pussy (non-masculine) gameplay is apparently just classes that take cover a lot. Disregarding any other requirements I had obviously implied, such as classes where you don't attack enemies Directly head-on. (Non-Vanguard classes usually don't have an emphasis on close quarters combat, preferring to take cover or hide in invisibility. Honestly not very masculine gameplay by comparison to Vanguard's brazen brutality.) Or failing to note that Vanguard's gameplay Does require you take less cover than other classes such as Soldier, making its gameplay "less pussy" by comparison. Or no cover at all, once you're good enough and moving down enemies like it's nothing. (Seriously though, try mastering it. It's extremely fun and Rambo-like once you do.)

But believe what you want. If the "high risk, high reward" nature of Vanguard is not your style, please don't assume it's not viable on Insanity just because you suck at it. Vanguard players who breezed through it will say otherwise.

user you've done nothing but contradict yourself, and you're continuing to do so. It doesn't surprise me at all that anons pointing out how irrational and inconsistent you're being is a regular thing you encounter.

>merely just claiming I "contradicted" myself
>merely just claiming I'm "irrational" or "inconsistent
Do you see what I mean? This sidestepping you do is just annoying.

Players moving fast makes every other weapon harder to use by comparison especially for projectile weapons.

Take this into account.
Railgun, the skill set is aiming.
Your target is on the reticle and you will deal damage once you click.
Your target can not dodge this or mitigate this, and there is no minimum duration you must keep the target on the reticle.

Lightning Gun, the skill set is both aiming and tracking.
Your target is on the reticle, but you need to keep your it on your target for a duration of time.
Your target can erratically move (higher movement speed, the more erratically they can do this) to throw you off.

Projectile weaponry, the skill set is aiming and leading the shot such that the projectile will land where the target will be.
Your target is on the reticle, but it does not necessarily mean you will land a hit on them.
Your target can dodge it (higher movement player movement speed, the easier it is for them) entirely meaning 0 damage despite the travel time invested.

Best modern 2D shotgun.

He's right. You're not making any arguments

There should be higher tiers of shotguns. I mean, there's the tactical shotgun but it's not as punchy.

Kill yourself, goon KIKE.

Not an argument, filtered

Counter-sage.

Filter this

This fucking piece of shit LITERALLY ruined an entire series

Xenopopper is sort of an endgame shotgun.

Crysis had a somewhat decent one if you enabled the choke

looks like someone couldnt get good

The TMP in RE4 is actually a pretty decent weapon, considering the survival component of the game.

But, you must understand; the TMP is not meant to be used like a TMP. It's actually a tazer, and it's only effective when you shoot people in the foot. You then need to run up to the dude (or past them) and finalize the situation with a suplex.

Anything else is a waste of ammunition, yes.

As a side point, the magazine capacity upgrades give you a full magazine of ammo. So, certainly get those upgrades for your TMP and start swimming in free loads.

Kill yourself, goon KIKE.

Both the TMP and the plasma rifle are great

Please stop.

Shotguns, generally, in fps
Bow and arrow/crossbow in TES games.

I just remembered I finished that game some years ago.
I can't remember any fond moments playing it.

>13989613 which you promptly rejected here only to turn around and try to use my point as if it was your own here . Now what's most interesting to me is how you don't even seem to realize that you're doing it.

When it comes to arguing, I generally like to cut to the heart of the matter. I'm only interested in your arguments and nothing more. Which is how I was able to concise your post and cut out most of the fluff that was frankly unnecessary. Gleaming that you feel that you already "posted examples over and over" and that you "already made your arguments" as if they were fullproof. Perhaps implying that you won't reiterate your own posts again, not returning the same courtesy of recapping as I'm doing for you now. I'm no mind reader, so I'm not sure which of these unspecified "examples" and "arguments" you want me to specifically note.

I honestly don't want to misconstrue your words or arguments. So please, feel free to set the record straight in your own words if you wish. What exactly were your main points that you wanted to get across in arguing with me?

_
Did my best to recap most of what I tried to get across, in my own words. Albeit rushed. I noticed the consistency in some of my posts merely repeating the same points of earlier posts, so I decided to lump them together wherever necessary. Concising down this post as much as possible.

Oh shit. Did he get banned? :^)
Fuck. Disregard my walls of text then.

BASED mods

This is a really good breakdown, and it explains why theres such a disparity amongst UT players about whether the link gun's primary fire is hilariously overpowered or absolutely terrible. In the hands of someone who is skilled at aiming, tracking, and accounting for projectile speed its insanely powerful, but the vast majority of players can't utilize its full potential so they think its shit.

Semi automatic shotguns. It's the red headed middle child of reverse fun. It's perfectly in the middle between pump action/double barrel boomsticks with insane power and satisfaction, and fully automatic, room clearing, engines of death and destruction. Semi autos are just the faggy option for indecisive faggots who can't land aimed shots, nor enjoy dakka. They're arguably the least interesting and most jack of all trades of all shotguns.

I love beam weapons if they're continuous or hit like a truck. Like the C&C Renegade portable ion cannon, or the charge-up beam thing in Russian Overkill.

I'll add onto this: Nudoom's plasma rifle is one of the worst in any game. There is no satisfaction at all when using it. It's just a recoilless hose of blue balls. Doom 3 had a far better one.

CS:S did a fairly decent job with shotgun range. With both of them you can still do decent damage at mid-range. As long as you had the drop on them you could probably land the kill.

Plasma Rifle can carry you through all of Dead Space 2 and 3. It only sucks in one because it's alt-fire is fucking useless because the way enemies spawn in the game and the way the AI work make it's AOE nature useless.

fuck the atmosphere, just let me have a cool sword

It's a shotgun that fires only in 5-round bursts IIRC.

Sniper rifles. Undeniably, sniper rifles. In EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME there's always those fucking 12 year olds who just want to sit in spawn and click heads and let's not forgett that the sniper rifle is the cheater's favourite weapon as well, usually having 1-hit-kill potential. On maps with lots of consealment it's fucking hell to deal with, since the fucker can nearly always just kill you from across the map without warning. There is nothing more annoying that turning a corner and then getting instantly popped by some piece of shit 10x10 pixel square in the foggy distance.

I think its 4, but yeah it's really awful.

You know, I really don't like Halo: CE.

The only weapons I really enjoyed using were the Rocket Launcher, Pistol, and Needler and they were nowhere near as practical as the other weapons, even though…

Are you playing the shitty MCC remake? IIRC, the shotty and plasmas were really good, the best in the series.

git gud, really, you don't even understand the basic game mechanics

I play insurgency, sniping in that game is exceedingly hard. First of all, scope doesn't do much and you might as well just use ironsights. Second of all, bullets don't just go directly to the reticle, there is parallax error involved, so aiming is hard - and that's in top of it not being 100% steady, so even if you're directly looking at where your target would go, you'd still always need to adjust and there will always be the biggest parallax error when you need accuracy the most. And third, with the scope up you're basically blinded so you can't see enemy snipers coming, and without flash suppressor you're just one trigger pull away from exposing yourself to the enemy and getting showered by a pair of machineguns, a few odd assault rifles, a rocket launcher and an enemy sniper if you aren't dead by the time they take you on. Speaking of machineguns, unlike CS or CoD, in that game they tend to just spray at you for suppression, it doesn't even matter if they can't hit you, just making you hide your ass or fucking up your aim is all that needs to happen. Good snipers are a rare commodity, more often than not it's just fucking 12 year olds who think using bolt action gun with optics on it makes them good marksmen with good leverage on the enemy tactics.

You hit an enemy to eliminate their shield and headshot them. The shotgun also creams the Flood.

I agree, the most broken weapon in the game is a pile of shit
git gud

Machine guns in general are just hard to do right, IMO. The best *feel* for guns has always been relatively slow but powerful; there's a reason the Super Shotgun is the most iconic weapon from Doom 2.
NuDOOM's machine gun was one of the rare cases where it worked, and that's specifically *because* they slowed down the fire rate, and gave it a really bassy sound effect and good damage. Another way to make it work is to give the weapon noticeable recoil and decent/good damage, like the SMG in Quake 2.

Halo on Legendary is fucking shit because of the 2 weapon limit.
You removed the 2 weapon limit to use or find the actual good weapon combinations and it wouldn't be boring shit where you carry the same 2 weapons all the time.

Not even Masterz poorly constructed mod could fix that.

Sounds like you need to play anything thats not fucking Call of Duty.

Machineguns can be done with any firerate as long as they sound powerful, which they usually don't.

This game turned into.fucking cancer. Sawed offs and retros were the best thing they ever added

Snipers should be horribly inaccurate up close and take some time to scope in and out, as it stands snipers are better at shotguns at close range in many games and that is just disgusting. Or you could just remove them entirely and replace them with single shot rifles since snipers would not realistically be used at all at the distances of most game maps.

Two weapon limit works with games like CoD since your enemies are pretty much just the same human enemy reskinned. The enemy variety in Halo as well as shields makes the limit very awkward and unfun, It's a real shame nobody ever came up with a mod to make you hold all weapons at once in those games.

At first I thought the pulse rifle in Dead Space looked pretty neat until realizing that, in the 26th century, there is literally no reason as to why someone would make this clunky hunk of metal standard issue in a space military.

You should try playing Vanquish, it's Vangaurd:The Game

CoD 1 had 3 weapons slots

Good game and all but oh my fucking god the hitscan is so horrible.

Instagib bombing run in UT2k3/4 was the best.

The chinese canuck they added to rainbox six siege was considered overpowered for a while due to the somewhat realistic range on her shotgun.

good bait

nice.

ooh I remember running around that one map in BF3 with an unscoped sniper and killing people, fun times.

one map with the train yard thing*

I fucking hate all forms of energy weapons. The future is not fucking phasers or lasers: the future is depleted uranium.

Sword+shield, so boring

Anything that has the capability to one shot you in a multiplayer context, excluding giant lasers' with really long charge up times.

Shit's unbalanced as fuck and meta fags always pick those guns resulting in a lack of game play variety.

What about sword and staff?

What about staff and shield?

It fails to take into account the punishment for missing though.

If you miss, you need to wait ~1 second before you can fire again.

Just move the mouse until the reticle touches the target.

Depends on the time between shots of the weapon but generally you can just move the mouse until the projectiles start hitting the target.

Grenade launchers. Not even talking about noobtubes, but those semi automatic ones.

They seem great but the problem is always the same. They're effectively like a slow and difficult to aim shotgun, or a poor mans rocket launcher. Only satisfying if enemies just happen to be grouped close enough, otherwise it's just one shot one (maybe two) kills. Max ammo is usually low, so you're out fast. Shooting close range is suicide, so area with many obstacles will gimp it, and charging enemies (while most fun to shoot with a launcher) will force you to switch to close range weapons. If you're not dead because slow switch. And it's normally not even very effective against armor.

Yet it always seems so appealing.

That's part of balancing.

If an unlimited range, perfect accuracy hitscan weapon had no refire time, then it's verily overpowered, or if you miss with a theoretically easy to hit with weapon you should get a situational penalty.
Similarly the difficulty with projectile weapons is lessened if the splash radius is overly large and the level design is too cramped to let anyone dodge.

That's his point you idiot. It's easier to hit with, but also much more punishing if you miss compared to a fast firing projectile weapon. It's more of a high risk high reward weapon, since if you aren't hitting consistently you aren't doing any damage while a fast firing weapon will still do damage if only half your shots hit. The latter also allows you to spray and pray to possibly get some hits in. They use different skill sets and while a hitscan weapon doesn't require you to lead your shots, it isn't a straight upgrade.

Just encourages people to camp in spawn, the 12 year olds will still buy/pick the super expensive fnipew wifle and sit on on their ass in spawn. The biggest problem with sniper rifles is that they are a low risk high reward weapon that encourages a cowardly playstyle. If anything snipers should just be restricted to 1 per team to supress the cancerous shits that always play them. After all in pretty much all FPS games the biggest objective of most retards that play them isn't really to achieve some arbitrary win condition, but rather to get the best k/d. Snipers are perfect for that because they minimize risk by being long range weapons and maximize reward, since you'll usually be shooting at unsuspecting enemies.

It's not even that bad in CoD since all the maps are tiny. I was thinking more about games like battlefield and CS when i made that post or really any FPS where rifles are peashooters that struggle to reliably kill anything beyond 10m while sniper rifles can one shot you from across the fucking map, not to mention the vision advantage they provide, being able to zoom in.

Strictly speaking one of those was handgun-only though. Three weapon slots > two weapon slots in anything but a autistic-realism game.

A railgun like weapon also lets you tripwire aim which is accurate and generally riskless especially against a target that is often moving.

Litterally every RPG has this, who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

They foresaw the birth of the speedrunning scene, and placed a weapon there for some autist to discover how to glitch it earlier to shave off half a second. This is why JRPGs are superior.

Read, dumbass. Guns not feeling enjoyable to use is a very real complaint.

More Gaylo. The Battle Rifle from Halo 2 and 3 is my least favorite weapon ever. I can't stand how it fucking sounds and the short burst of the weapon personally doesn't make sense even in a fictional setting and just felt like an excuse to basically nerf the original Assault Rifle by removing it entirely.

The DMR from Reach was infinitely better to me. It was a neat, more convenient sniper rifle imitation that was usable at more than long range and could be conveniently carried around like any other gun. Also love listening to the click unlike the former shit. And I like the shape more. It personally just seems better in literally every way.

If there's one thing I loved about Halo, it was reload sounds. That alone is enough to make me give a new weapon a try.

Fuck, I forgot to also say more ammo efficient and less conventional than a machine gun.

Final Fantasy IX actually rewards you for speedrunning it by giving you Excalibur at the end of the game.

I love when weapons require more thinking to use and have a different concept, but the Bio Rifle always felt useless for anything but playing hide and seek.

What are other games with fun one shot reload grenade launchers like Halo: Reach? I loved just how good and resourceful it actually was once I learned how to use the ricochet. I've only played Doom, Halo, Unreal Championship, Turok Evolution multiplayer, Far Cry Instinct multiplayer, Black Ops Zombies and Horde Gears of War.

Made this just for (You)

I didn't imagine how much fun I would have had playing Halo Reacharound's multiplayer until I paired the DMR with the Hologram perk. Nobody in that game ever realizes that they can't just spitfire their weapons and charging into a room Leeroy Jenkins-style or running across open fields is apparently such a frequent behavior that people are easily fooled by these dumb doppelgangers.

Any weapon from that Dudebro Game that ruined Epic and has long since been forgotten.

You mean camp an angle? That only really works in games where the players move at a reasonably slow speed which allows enogh time to for the sniper to react to their appearance. It doesn't realy work in arena shooters where the speed of movement is so high that there is absolutely no way anyone can react to an enemy unexpectedly appearing from behind a corner. In the end railguns are just reskinned sniper rifles in most cases also being a long range single shot high powered weapons with 1 hit kill potential.

That's not completely true. The Glock 18 and MP5 (good luck finding ammo for them) were acceptable. The sawed off was actually fun to use.

As for a gun that I really didn't care for it would have to be the shotgun from Half life. I don't know if its just the fact that I played on hard mode but its primary fire cant kill a single enemy in one shot, leaving you to wonder why its even there if you got RMB. Its too inaccurate to hit headcrabs with, it cant reliably put down marines even if you put both "barrels" into their face and it becomes completely forgotten about once you get the .357 magnum and M203 grenades for the MP5 become plentiful. The only thing it held an advantage on was killing bullsquids because they were the only thing big enough to get hit by the spread outside of one foot and even then they are a pretty uncommon enemy.

Or you get the Saiga from Bad Company 2 where you just enter a room and click everyone

No.
As in point where the enemy is going to go and shoot when they cross your dot. It still would work in arena shooters especially if they're traveling in a trajectory after a jump pad or rocket jump and the game physics has no or very limited air strafing (VQ3).
There probably isn't the same risk as being later to the shot compared to modern games because in arena shooters, players generally sustain more hits because of overheals, armor, and no concept of headshots.

This is a similar aiming style to projectiles, but without compensating for travel time.

If you position yourself poorly to allow to be hit by that then it's just your own personal mistake for failing to account for the railgun and being too predictable in your movement. Especially since you're aware of the enemy having the capability. It's completely different to more "realistic" games where it's much easier to just lock down an angle with the sniper rifle and rake in that sweet k/d without even being spotted.

doom 3 shotgun is bad

In the case that your opponent does predict where you are going. Hitscan vs projectiles, he's going to have a much easier time landing a hit with the former since with the latter can be dodged or shot down in the case of Xonotic.

0:36 you can see him pointing the railgun at the ledge the other guy is likely to go (since he's blocking the hallway).

Literally 2 foot range. The spread is worse than Halo 2's shotgun. Nudoom did a better shotty, but fucked other weapons up like the plasma rifle.

I can't stand the energy weapons in the Fallout games. They look ridiculous.

That's pretty much all bethesda designs.

I will give you the Plasma stuff is way to spiky and fragile. The LAER is from Old World Blues so it's supposed to be campy 50's sci-fi looking.

But I actually like the Laser stuff, stupid metal bits that connect the "Muzzle" with the bottom of the grip aside. I have a handheld spotlight that looks remarkably similar. I doubt if we ever get to the point where lasers are capable weapons that can be carried they won't look more like oversized flashlights rather then regular pistols.

I tend to hate heavy weapons. They usually don't do enough damage to justify their weight and ammo usage (And some times the ammo is rare if they do enough damage).
I mean having a fuck your shit option is fun, but most times I'll either save then piss around with it, or just let them gather dust.

its "thing-Punk" tier horse shit
Notransistors50seventhoughtransistorsweremadein1947-punk where you glue braided cords, coils, vacuum tubes and rubber insulated wiring to everything and put stickers that say fusion and nuclear on it

Beats trash like this. As a dumbass kid I tried lugging a Dyson around as a giant energy cannon thing.

What did you mean by this.

Any weapon from Gears of War.

I still think Reach is a legitimately good game in its own right. You don't even have to be a fan of the series to pick it up and enjoy it. There's so many fun weapons almost all with satisfying reload sounds, plenty of content to play on or with and it has the visuals and effects are great.

I immediately hate you because you probably have no grasp of how the world actually works.

I want to love LMGs in vidya but almost every game has them as a shittier assault rifle.

It's a good game but it started the downward trend of the Halo series and if you played the others you can see 343's influence beginning in it. It's like how Nuts & Bolts was a decent game but a horrible B&K game, to a lesser degree.

Halo oldfags play a mean cat and mouse and know how to burst-fire to keep accuracy, because it was the only way to use the AR in the first one. By Reach the series was saturated in children with no tactical ability. Thinking back, it was pretty meta including the hologram to such effectiveness.

Where does this accuracy come from?

seriously nigger? it has the best range and ammo capacity in the series
this is partially true, the AR acted more like the smg from halo 2 and 3 and you use it as a panic button when a guy is really close to you
it's great to take out elite's shields in the campaign and comboing it with a headshot from the pistol
Covenant weapons take out shields more quickly and you don't need to grab ammo for them.
play Halo CE on pc then dumbass

The shotgun was dogshit, save for Shotgun…?