I think Holla Forums made me realize I don't like games. Not anymore, at least

I think Holla Forums made me realize I don't like games. Not anymore, at least.
I've been here for 3 monthson Holla Forums, not imageboards looking for cool games to play since for some reason I couldn't find them on my own anymore. And maybe I even found some I guess looked cool in here, but never really played them because I didn't want to. I just lurk and never play anything. I don't really know what to do with my life.
I spent 800 dollars upgrading my computer few months ago because I thought that was the problem. Now I can play new games, it will be fun, I thought to myself. And I did. I got to Ciri on the Witcher 3 and even though the game didn't end I just stopped playing. I played Nier: Automata but 9S was getting on my nerves so much I rage quit when I had to play as him(yeah, I know, half an hour or so, game was just starting, etc). I tried some racing games but quit a few hours into them too. I've been playing games as a hobby my whole life since I don't do anything else besides sitting in front of my computer and now I'm just lost.
Please use this thread to talk about games that restored your will to play and or if you feel/felt the same as me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-KAZPNXEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ever considered gardening?

>>>/cuckchan/

Getting really good at something. Nothing is really enjoyable unless you excel at it, in my opinion desu.

Oh, it doesn't get any better. You chose the wrong game to restore your faith. Try Nioh, if you can stomach a challenge. Subnautica if you want something relaxing that gets terrifying in some areas. Hollow Knight if you just want to explore shit.

Those are quite stale games that can get you bored in a few hours and put in shitty mood. Try playing something that doesn't require full day attention, like strategy or fighting games. Maybe try an actual rpg with stat building, and not that tv show disguised as a game called bitcher, at least you will have something to look forward to when you levelup and progress in those games.

play speebot faggot!

I didn't enjoy it on Toontown.

I said that I've been on Holla Forums for 3 months. Also, the biggest reason I said "imageboards" is because full chan is pretty young.

Yeah, I remember being competitive and it was really great to learn and advance. I got really bored of Counter Strike and assfaggots are a joke nowadays. Do you have any games to recommend?

I guess it wasn't completely my fault then.
I'm going to try Nioh.

Well, name some games, please.
I didn't really look for new games for a few years since I was stuck with an old computer. Maybe I lost some gems from 2014 to 2017.

Well…

Try those rpgs:
Divinity Original Sin 2 (you don't need to play first game, they aren't connected)
Dragon Age: Origins
Neverwinter Nights 2
Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and Morrowind (only those two are actually fun)
Wizardry 8

And those strategies:
Civilization 4
Blood Bowl 2
Galactic Civilization 2
Age of Wonders 3
Total War Warhammer
Rimworld

And those fighting games:
King of Fighters 14
Street Fighter 4
Gluity Gear Xrd
Mortal Kombat X

Go play old games you loli gagging faggot.

I was stuck with them, I guess I already played most of the games I would have enjoyed but Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Which isn't even old. I stopped playing it since I lost my save file halfway through.

You sure named some. Will look for them.
Nioh is already downloading.

What are you, some fucking casual? play it again!

About the fighting games, is there any in particular that can be played with an xbox controller without it being too much of a handicap?

Play the Stalker games user, or if you already have then move on to older games for example King of Dragon Pass, Arx Fatalis and Turok. Can name more if you want

Nigga just play doom with like the trillion mods and mappacks that come out for it literally every weekend, not just BRtuldumb.
Alternatively, if you're up for trying something new and fun, have you ever played the C&C games? I've been looking for a partner to try out CooP missions in DTA.

I know it isn't, I even said it's not on the post you quoted.
I tried playing the latest Doom too. Then I got stuck and rage quit the game since I would have to start the level I was on all over again when I was almost at the end.
Nice ID.

>>>/cuckchan/

I mean 1994-6 Doom 1/2. AKA the only doom anyone would be reffering towards when they only say doom, instead of d44m or doot or "piece of fucking shit go die in a fire nigger this game sucks".

Thanks for the ID but are you actually underage? Have you never played classics? Why is it the first thing that came to your mind is a fucking 2016 game that not even bethsda/zenimax decided to patch for their retarded GOTY release and had so many unskippable cutscenes that it would make Uncharted players cringe their faggotry out?
Why am i replying to you in the first place?

Actually forget about DTA coop, you probably haven't even touched an RTS game in your life because every modern one is complete shit that flops harder than a saltwater fish on shore.

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, it seemed like I mixed these up when I didn't, I even wrote "the latest Doom" as it was not the one you mentioned.
I'm 19 years old. Never played Doom too, to be honest. Sometimes I see some cool old games but I feel kinda lazy when I think about giving them a chance since most of them require you to read stuff outside the game themselves for you to actually enjoy them fully such as Super Metroid.
When I was little I was stuck with SNES and an Atari until I got a PS2 and a computer around 2012. I still emulate 3 or so SNES games from my childhood every year.

The blogposting thread is over here.

Excellent blogpost tangentially related to videogames. It sounds like you have absolutely shit taste and if you don't play videogames then don't post here.

Most old games don't require a manual. They actually HAD physical manuals unlike new shit but either were extremedly simple compared to newer games in terms of mechanics or they simply were easy enough to let you get through even if they had intrincate mechanics. Unless you've decided to play turn based Strategy or the older set of DOS games that were gameplay experiments or just simple shovelware.

The rationale of this being that difficulty in action games should come from the challenge of the missions themselves rather than the clunkiness of the user's interface and control over the game, without being entirely cheap over shit like having a sniper instantly kill you from across nowhere with no warning unless you were playing a twitch-reaction platformer like Contra or Duke Nukem.

As for your remark of Super Metroid, isn't it better to go through it blind? You get to fully explore a rich alien world for the first time and be surprised at everything that happens within, all the areas you've never uncovered, all the dangers you've got to overcome by yourself. That should give you enough fun to get through without having to rely on a NintyPower mag's handholding guide.
And remember that sometimes figuring shit out on your own is much more rewarding than numbing out your own brain's development by relying on someone else telling you the answer. That will only breed terrible habits.

Hey Stronghold and Hitman 3 are good I'll have you know

I'm slightly confused why you'd choose that out of all fighting games. It's not just because it has nazis, right?

Of course not. It is.
But more importantly, because it's simpler in it's mechanics while offering wide range of playstyles, and it has an additional gamemode that can make it last if you are not interested or just can't go into mp.
Generally that list is about fun variety of games that are just under your nose, which you'd usually trade for something more mainstream/recent or for something closer to your favorite genre.

Street Fighter is the most basic fighting game to introduce newcomers to the genre and Akatsuki Blitzkampf is the best street fighter.

Are you stupid?

Your issue is not playing good games, just play old stuff. Those are generally good.
Nier: Asstomata is just a memegame because of the robot ass, and witcher was never good.
Try flatout for a racing game, morrowind for an open world rpg (although that one has much less focus on combat, but at least it's a real rpg unlike the witcher series) and if you want cuhrayzee ps2-era devil may cry or god of war.

I'm not really in the same boat as OP, but I've come to realize I've been missing out on a decent chunk of genres and I want to broaden my horizons since I feel that I've exhausted the genres I really like because the specific type of games I truly enjoy are either super flawed(the mega man x/zero series) or I've played so many times I need a break before I try replaying them again
Can I get some recommendations for turn based strategy games(outside of JA2), third person shooters(outside of payne), puzzle games(outside of Layton), puzzle platforming games(outside of PoP and Oddworld) and JRPGs(outside of Final Fantasy 4-8 and trails in the sky/of cold steel)?

Same story as op here.
I've been on laptop for the last 7 years and stopped playing games because of that.
I build a new pc 2 months ago and tried like 5 different games.
I would play for 2 to 3 days then just never launch the game again.
It's just so boring, I'd rather watch shit on YT or browse the chans.
At least I don't have to worry about dust and overeating anymore.

I loved that intro.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-KAZPNXEs

Holy shit dude don't even think about trying La Mulana.

Going to miss some of these since all I have is a PC.

Yes.

I hope it's OK to play with a controller.

Didn't say I couldn't, I said it's hard to enjoy fully.