It seems to me that every Mario game except Japanese Super Mario 2 has been easier to the one before it

It seems to me that every Mario game except Japanese Super Mario 2 has been easier to the one before it.
Will there ever be a limit to this, or will the games eventually require a single button press to beat or just be movies.

Why don't they at least include a hard mode for older gamers? Same thing with Kirby games too.

They're made for very young children, user. You increase the difficulty by creating challenges for yourself.

I genuinely found Sunshine to be harder than 64, but that was only for 100%.

How?

Young children from an age past were apparently way more skilled than Nintendo's current adult manchild customers.

umm.. mario games have always been easy? Is it just that you were a child when jpsm2 came out and couldn't beat it? or is this a

thread? Because then, sure, I guess. except the movement in 64, and cape dynamics in smw, were both way more technically challenging, thus instantly disproving what I hope was you poor bait.

The "core" game gets easier, but the extra stuff is (nearly) always challenging. Getting all the star coins or whatever, or completing NSMBU's challenge mode with gold stars, that's where the real challenge is.
Nintendo lets anyone play the games with a chance of success, but not everyone will get 100%. That's the beauty of it. Remaining accessible while still offering optional challenge if you've got something to prove.
And I guarantee 99% of the faggots complaining that Mario games are two easy did not even know challenge mode existed in NSMBU, much less gold star everything.

1cc, (light) speedrunning, going full pannenkoek, the sky's the limit.

It's just that the games moved away from the arcade philosophy of game design. They went from having

as the cost of development bloats the need to sell more copies becomes necessary. More sales essentially require a broader demographic. Making the game easier is one of the simplest ways to attract a expansive demographic.

< Its not the game that's easy. Its that you aren't making it hard.

This is some Todd tier bullshit here.

I didn't say the game wasn't easy. I specifically said that the games are designed for young children, with the obvious interpretation being that they are easy.

This. Even as a 10 year old I could beat the first Super Mario Bros. How do children get that feeling of excitement where you call up a friend just to tell them you beat a game.

But why not include some kind of challenge mode that makes all of the levels harder, to appeal to the older demographic?

Sunshine was notably more challenging than 64 at least

Because the older demographic that didn't "grow out" of nintendo games is going to buy them either way.

I didn't buy a 3DS or Wii U because the Mario games got too easy. I'm probably not going to buy a Switch either. Maybe I just can't enjoy Mario anymore idk

Because Nintendo is shit.
Those were always designed to be easy as piss.

I know but I wanted to play them and when I did I was disappointed how easy they were. No feeling of accomplishment at all.

Odyssey is actually really good. I'd recommend renting a switch to play through it.

It's also telling that none of them are truly great games. Good, sure, but not great.

Well congrats, you realized Kirby isn't for you. It's not the game's fault that you didn't know before hand how famously easy Kirby is. Play a harder game that's not targeted to 5 year olds if you want to feel "accomplished".

I said "one of the simplest ways", not necessarily one of the smarter options. The real money in CY+++ is in catering to more progressive values of the millennial demographic :^).

Sunshine was a fucking joke, the squirtgun trivialized everything.

Actually, the real money is in creating disposable movie experiences. The quicker someone finishes shallow content with zero replay value; the quicker they can buy another one.

1, 2, and Adventure all have decent challenge. It's why 2 is still one of my favorites in the series.

Disposable movie experiences with tacked-on multiplayer to putz around in for a few hours so normalfags can justify the purchase as w-well, it was still cheaper $/hour than a movie!.

You know Nintendo of America altered power-downs in SMB3. In the original games, if you got hit by something, you powered down completely to small Mario no matter what. In the NA version, you power down to Super Mario if you're using a 2nd tier power-up.

but yes, you are correct

You're wrong, the games become easy as shit after the original Mario Brothers.

The current generation is fucked as they've not been taught how to better themselves to overcome a challenge. The whole idea of having to improve is almost offensive to them.

Mario 3 got incredibly close to breaking that streak.

Against the sheer abundance of extra lives scattered throughout the game, there was a check in the original Famicom version of the game: Mario could only take two hits and one hit alone would revert him to small Mario, even if he was in the Goomba shoe. This change happened in translation and was not reverted for Mario All-Stars or any other future conversion of the game.

This one flaw makes the game way too easy and anyone who's beaten the game twice or more should be able to rack up the 99 extra life maximum by the time they complete World 2.

Try not being a casual and sticking for more than the "main" story.

They have more content. But it's just as padded if you're not actually being challenged. There's no reason they shouldn't have more difficulty as well as content.

You mean the remaining 2% of the game? I'de hardly call that an argument for buying it. Especially since the difficulty curb for the remaining 98% rarely peaks above medium difficulty.

The only parts of sunshine that were remotely enjoyable were the floodless challenge levels that played like SM64.

*shrugs* I think they are fine in terms of challenge and difficulty. I don't get this hard on for difficulty some have here. It reeks of phony tryhard hc gaymer shit. Specially when quality and enjoyment has little to do with it. Like I can beat Mega Man X blindfolded at this point, yet it's still fun to play every time.

It must be sad to be so bad at video games.

Communist kikes are trying to dumb down literally every part of society in order to lead a sheep populace. This isn't a new idea, and it isn't hard to grasp.

Superstar Road in NSMBU was tough as nails. Try thr extra challenges you plebian.

Wrong thread pinko.

The absolute state of Something Awful.

You don't know how to read apparently

Completely agreed. FLUDD was really helpful to be complemented with some Mario moves as a way to go fast and attack enemies. It also helps that the other two alternatives of hover nozzle are more fun to use and more inclined to joke around.

Odyssey is way harder than 3D World. It's still piss-easy, but nothing comes close to how mind-numbingly easy 3D World was. The Galaxy games were both more difficult than Sunshine, which was harder than 64.
They're all pretty easy, but I'm not sure where you got this shit from. It's not even true for the last handful of games.

Like pottery.

How many of you guys have actually cleared the true arenas in the latest kirby games?

You're the illiterate one

I played the last Odyssey level actually when a friend of a relative brought it over. It looked like a generic lava world I had seen before a hundred times and having never played the game before I beat it in less than 30-40 minutes. 10 of which were wasted because I was fucking around with the stacking goombas. I was incredibly annoyed at how much the possession mechanic broke the pace actually. And I was also getting annoyed at all the shit you had to grab on to like the sideways polls. How do people enjoy this shit? I was held up longer on 3D worlds final level than this one. And that one could barely be called hard.

>>>/reddit/

>>>/gamergatehq/
Don't come back.

Super Mario Run already exists.

Your inability to follow a simple conversation is alarming. Either that, or you realized you fucked up here and are just doubling down and pretending to be retarded instead of admitting your mistake.

>>>/reddit/

FLUDD felt tacked on as a game mechanic and should have been contained to less than 1/3rd of the levels, if any. Refined controls should be at the top of the totem pole.
The level design betrayed a game that looked like it was rushed and poorly thought out.
We need more Mario games with a villain at the end that's not Bowser, because coincidentally or not, all of the best Mario games have had someone else at the end.

I know this goes without saying, but the voice acting was also an embarrassment across the board and I take the lack of it in later games as a tacit admission of this mistake.

The projection is staggering

If only because of the 3D controls and the controller, then yes. Otherwise, the harder stars and stages in 64 are definitely challenging, and the harder challenges in Sunshine are not as much.

Try the Luigi U game, also that game had the best miiverse community.