ARK: Survival Evolved

How is this game really? I watched the trailer and some gameplay videos but that only tells you so much.
I know,
But I'm still interested in it. It doesn't seem like vaporware shit made in Unity or with voxels or whatever and I've been itching for something like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Heres how this going to go:
If you say no to any of these things avoid the game like the plague, if you still go for it and want multiplayer either find a decent community with modded servers or don't.
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PUBBIES AND RANKED/OFFICIAL SERVERS IF YOU DON'T WANT CANCER AND CHINKS

You may go now
devs are also ok and anti SJW despite some kikery here and there

ARK is a terrible game, but what kind of subhuman would actually be against modding a game if they could bring it up to their standards with minimal effort?

Consoleshitters

I saw there was PvP servers which I'm assuming is pure faggotry.
Should I just pirate and play solo?

Yes, but like I said, mod it so its less grindy, fucking thing is chore.
I don't think you can do it in singleplayer but I'm pretty sure you can modify the values if you host a server and set it so no one can get in.
Play a little of vanilla if you want a feel of the grind and to get an idea on what to change before modifying the values
ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Also get ready for a 100GB file if you don't get a compressed Repack

583 hours in ARK. It's not good. I've given up all hope on it. 2 year old bugs still there. DLC during early access. Season passes and no bugfixes.

This is why you mod the game

99% of the time Early access survival isn't worth the money.

What's the 1%?

Ark

Without mods it has a grind akin to a Korean MMO and it's about as fun as one too. I got a free key from a friend and still feel ripped off.

It's less being against modding and more, "A game should not have to be modded to actually make it less shit".

Otherwise known as, "Mods will fix it!"

Conversely, if mods make a game a shitload better, then that's perfectly fine.But a modder's job shouldn't be fixing game bugs, that's why there are devs.

There really isn't one if I'm going to be completely honest.

Well yeah, it would be ideal if games were released in a bug-free and complete state, but if mods fix it, fuck it, why not mod it? It's the same as I shouldn't have to carry everywhere to stand a reasonable chance of surviving a chimpout, we should just get rid of all the niggers. But we're never going to go back to the time when games were truly finished and well-polished on release, and we're never going to get rid of all the niggers, so we've got to make do with what we've got.

(czech'd)
That's what I suspected.

Set your rates to at minimum 10x and at most 20x. Also launch the game with -sm4 because no card can really run sm5 yet and it's the real fps limiting factor. I would say try vanilla first and then get classic flyers, s+ structures, meat spoiler, and ultra stacks and unlimited bola. Use the bola a lot and you'll survive 10 fold more. Devs seem to be reluctant kikes, they got sued into the ground before scorched earth and before they got taken to the bank for every cent they own they were releasing scorched earth for free.
I got the game for ten bucks, so I'm not particularly salty about the development of it. Just don't play it with the actually community, get 1 or 2 friends and enjoy it. The center is a really good map, also watch some video on embedding rafts so you can join the cool kids club with your Naval carrier.

Subnautica

i seldom recommend anything from fuckupcom but Conan Exiles is honestly superior to ARK
of course you really shouldn't be playing anything from this genre in the first place unless your really autistic or you really want to mod sex slaves in Exiles, even then there are far better options

Exiles has Denuvo and barely any mods though

Haven't fired up steam for weeks. Is it fucking done yet? I picked it up in a humble bundle a while back, and I've been waiting for 1.0.

7 Days to Die is pretty okay

Unfinished, unoptimized, a grind.