Legit Questions

Why do you really play singleplayer games? Do you ever feel they get too repetitive or too scripted?
If a videogame already has spoilers on the internet, what is your reasoning for beating that game yourself, instead of just watching the ending on the internet? Do you believe people could miss out on an experience, secrets or some mechanical incentive if they just watched someone else beat it?
Do you see all multiplayer games as popular ones like DOTA2 or Overwatch? Have you completely abandoned multiplayer games (if so, explain why) or do you still play some old/obscure ones?

I hate multiplayer & only play singleplayer

I have never enjoyed multiplayer in games perhaps because games which focus solely on multiplayer are the worst garbage underneath the sun.

Legit Dubs.

Where does co-op fit in this?

I play all manners of games and find enjoyment in all of them.
Single player games of all kinds, coop with one person, coop with 3 people, alternating who plays like in old SNES games, online multiplayer with a few people, online multiplayer with a lot of people. I like to play some multiplayer games and go really hard and try to get as good as i can, and I also like to play some multiplayer games and just fuck around and take it easy.
I just really like video games and all they can offer.

I quit playing multiplayer games when matchmaking became a thing. I missed server browsers and the little communities that cropped up around them, jumping between games and finding weird modded modes and shit.

I started gaming before multiplayer games beyond handing someone else the other controller was a thing, so I guess I never thought about it much. Anymore I don't play much online though, and when I do it's almost exclusively cooperative games.

Because they're fun.
Not the ones that I play.
I haven't had any games spoiled for me because I don't play trash like fallout 4 or the last of us.
yes.
no.
no I still play counter strike 1.6, SSB melee, and rocket league

I only enjoyed Half Life DM and Starcraft in LAN back when I had friends. It was a sign of things to come when they all switched to Counter Strike.

Theres Sims/Arcade games and older games
Everything new and multiplayer is fucking shit and just an effort to swindle you into buying into microtransactions or Epsports/streaming.
The only recent exception from a big company was Titanfall 2 and the company that made it has already been bought out by EA.

Fun.

No.

Fun.

Probably, but it's not like it matters.

No.

No.

Why would I play a multiplayer with no players? Unless you mean local multiplayer with friends, in which case, rarely.

Why do you bother making template threads with questions you don't even stay around to read?
Don't answer that
A
Rhetorical
Question

Because other people ruin shit.

I don't ever play scripted games.

If it's a game that I'm mildly interested in (like ME or TES) that I don't want to play, I'll watch a friend play it. More entertaining than going right for the spoilers.

I never started to begin with.

Because games, or rather good games, still require to play them to get the impact from beating it and seeing the ending. If the impact of a game is the ending in and of itself that I can watch on youtube, then it's a bad game that Iwasn't going to play to begin with. See: most AAA and indie walking sim tripe.

smdh

Most singleplayer games I play have minimal story, and I play them because they're fun. For story-heavy games that I AM interested in, I avoid spoilers, and at that point the story is part of the fun. It's all about fun, that's all it ever was and all it ever will be. And rather than scripted, I prefer the word "well designed", as in someone actually thought the level through and designed it in such a way so that you'd need to think about your actions.

Multiplayer is not fun. Normies love the word "toxic", but personally, I just use "annoying". Are you more skilled than someone else? No, you were cheating and using an OP item/character, and that character/item needs to be nerfed. Every time, someone bitches and shit gets nerfed and buffed. Then someone bitches about those changes and they change it back, in a cycle for the game's lifespan. Nobody in a multiplayer community is ever happy, they just nag, bitch and moan all fucking day. I legitimately have no idea why they play the games if they hate them so much. But it's all just autistic screeching, with no fun to be had. And it's always shittily designed for MUH BALANCE, so every map feels the same, and your fun depends on whether the other people are retarded or not.

Why do plebs play multiplayer games?
Is it out of spite because they know they will never be patricians?
Do they ever feel the games get too messy and full of pointless drama and faggotry?

When I'm observing these apes playing trash like PUBG I always wonder what goes on in their heads, maybe they think the game is a banana.

I basically only play singleplayer games. Multiplayer does not interest me in the slightest. I feel no desire to prove i'm better at a video game than a complete stranger who is 12 years old on the internet.

sage

People who like singleplayer only games are redditors and bethesdafags.

I sure as fuck feel that way about this turd. I'm just trying to beat it to say I beat it at this point. Treasure sucks at scrolling shooters.

What about it?

Extremely memorization-oriented scoring system that you can't really ignore because you need a fair bit of points to get extra ships. Every single playthrough feels the same.

No, Mr. Marketer, I am not going to buy your multiplayer games. Have a nice day.

Isn't that pretty much every shmup out there? There's always some kind of scoring route you're trying to perfect.

Maybe if the retarded """""""""people""""""""" making your games were replaced by more competent employees who actually play vidya, maybe then we'd play your shit.

Aside from the once in a blue moon lan only UT2004 or some older co-op shit, I hardly ever play multi anymore.
I suppose you could attribute it to the fact that multiplayan entertainment factor is highly situational. Your entire enjoyment is largely up to chance.
Compared to single player where I can pick it up at any point, and I will get the same experience, based solely on whether the game is shit or not.
It just feels more like shitty gambling with no actual money to win, than actually playing video games.

That's what i meant by rewards and mechanics, but rather than the ending, i mean the story. If a game's only impact and incentives are just story elements like cutscenes that you can just watch on the internet with no difference from beating it yourself, it could very well fit into the "interactive movie" ground.

There's still a lot of MP games without matchmaking, in fact i think MM only exists on big popular ones, just what is the reason you generalize almost all MP games as the current big popular ones? Do you accuse all SP games of being shit due to shitty fads in recent AAA games too?

While reaching the ending is the main goal when you're playing a game, it's not usually what you want from the game.
What you want from a game can be many things, but in most cases it's just to have fun.
See NES era games, most of those had the shittiest endings, hell games before that barely had any endings at all, yet were fun games to play and conquer.
When the technology advanced, devs had better storytelling tools to give you plot and endings. The higher quality, movie like storytelling twisted some players, and devs, way of looking at games. Instead of wanting to play/make fun to play games, for the challange, escapism, or just goofing around, people are wanting to breeze trough games to get the story told, then move on.
Multiplayer games didn't suffer from that as much, since you can always have fun with other players, with or whitout storyline or actual engaging gameplay. And you can still interact with other players after the any sort of story is already told, if there is any to begin with.

More likely you're just an unlikable piece of shit with no real friends who sucks at video games. You see, even the regular unlikable pieces of shit still have fun playing multiplayer games with their "friends" because they win at least some of the time. You on the other hand, can't enjoy the experience of playing with people who like you and can't enjoy the experience of winning either. So of course you hate multiplayer games.

I don't like playing multiplayer games. Partly because I like immersing myself in a game world (when I can). Partly because I like taking my time to explore 3D spaces, which you really can't do if other people are fighting your or expecting you to help them do something. And I need to be able to pause the game whenever I want, because I have a life and sometimes shit interrupts my gaming that I have to deal with immediately. I also don't want to invest my time in a game that depends on servers, because those servers may (and most will) disappear one day.

Why do you have such a priority on the game's story, OP?

When I play multiplayer, I still play as a lone wolf mostly.

Not really actually. Even a lot of the older shooters often accused of being memorizers like Gradius and R-Type have a degree of variety in enemy placement and attacks that keep them interesting on replays. Enemies in Ikaruga don't even shoot directly at you (at least threateningly) very often, and the bosses are exactly the same every time. The polarity and scoring mechanics of Ikaruga make you basically approach every enemy and area the same every single time.

The problem with multiplayer is, that if it's online MP - and most MP is these days, that you end up playing with the worst sort of idiots imaginable.

Also this.

I like to play games that aren't entirely linear, at least as far as progression and (mechanical) choices go. I absolutely can't watch a letsplay of an RPG or a game that RPG like progression because they always play it "wrong" from my perspective.
I mean I don't generally watch letsplays in general because they are cancer but I can't even get 5 minutes into a RPG letsplay without my autism acting up.

honestly this. I used to love couch co-op when I was in collage and had friends. Online multiplayer games was never very appealing too me. Multiplayer games died when LAN died.

I like the stories.
Some games do have that problem, most notable of which is Western games in the past decade. It's not a universal complaint across all games, however.
Same reason I don't want to read the spoilers to a show, or a book, or a film. I want to be entertained.
It does ruin much of the experience, but each person approaches a game differently. The only way it can completely "ruin" the game is if the title is extremely restrictive.
No. Those just get the most publicity. People still play other shit like Uncharted Waters Online and Medal of Honor 2010: Multiplayer (Though, I cannot really find anyone who still plays Bioshock 2: Multiplayer of BlazBlue: Calamaty Trigger on PC).
I still play them from time to time, but I have too many other games I want to beat.

Do you have autism or are you just a faggot?
Honest question.

Also, if spoiling a game makes you not want to play it, then it's probably not worth playing.
Hell, everyone knows Aerith dies and that Sephiroth is the main antagonist, but I'd still recommend FF7 to someone who never played a JRPG in their life because it's babby's first and a good introduction into the genre.

Why don't colleges teach college students how to spell college?

Funny

Maybe English isn't his first language.
Or maybe sometimes people make mistakes, you sperg.

I agree with your sentiment when it comes to shooters especially small scale games

I like on the couch shit because it's just not fun to fight against people who "game" IE a whole bunch of their friends get together and I'm fucking alone and they are running all these strategies etc. my team and I don't talk all this stupid shit is going on it's just stupid and chaotic as fuck at least with on the couch games or early lan games when you play shooters with a small community and your friends.

The only thing I like about mass online is fighting games because 1. you can fight all kinds of people all the time 2. you can play whenever you want

with fighting games it's hard to do IRL because there is no arcade scene so the internet has made it possible to play people whenever the fuck you want.
If you are a tourneyfag yea maybe you have a circle of friends you play with and whatnot but without the internet you still wouldn't be able to play a wide variety of diverse opponents that you could do in an arcade environment. Without a massive pool of players and the internet fighting games would be dead.

All the time. Unless it's surprisingly good like Thief, Deus Ex or Stalker
All the games that get spoiled on the internet are usually shit.
Yes because all the good ones are dead, ruined through retarded patching or have an extremely small community that has played the game so much it comes down to whoever can do the metagame faster.

In the US anyway.

Because there are actual good ones.

That depends on which in particular.
I picked Divinity: Original Sin 2 this year. It's not heavily scripted and there's a lot of ways to differently replay the game.

Playing it with my own choices. I don't mean Bioshock-tier choices where you choose to either shoot the horse or let the girl try to save it, throw a tomato or not. I mean character builds, weapon choices, squadmates, etc.

Sometimes a single player game doesn't have much more to it than an a YouTube video; for the others if that assumption is made, yes.

No.

No. I still play Xonotic.

I'd suggest you take a trip back to >>>/reddit/

yea I should of clarified
Since the arcade scene is nonexistent in the USA and Canada.

But I don't think SF5 even has an arcade machine in japan I wouldn't know anyway as far as I know it still exists solely on console/pc internet.

SFV does not have any arcade presence, which is one reason Capcom is pushing DLC for it so much. They will have a brief arcade presence to celebrate the launch of Arcade Edition, but that won't last more than a couple of weeks because they could not negotiate a contract with (I believe) Taito, who is providing the cabinets.