When in doubt

A friend of mine bought this MMX game a while ago, while he was cleaning it he noticed that bridged connection and got really upset since he paid for it as if it was untouched, but then someone else showed him the one on the 3rd pic which makes us wonder if every other MMX game has the same thing, I don't think it should, has anyone else had any suspicious items around?

Your friend is dumb as fuck.

What's the issue?

It doesn't look like aftermarket work.

I don't see any open pins on the ground rail and if there was a broken resistor the tech would have replaced it instead of soldering in a random new wire with resistor in line.

That's probably what it came like new.

I see, in this day and age with the "muh retro" thing going on sometimes we can't be certain people are honest.

What about this?

japan cart of rockmanx is like 15 bucks?
a sd2snes is 200? Who is the dumb fuck now?

Definitely the dumb fuck who spent 7.5% the price of the entire SNES library on a single game.

that's a cut trace which is where that wire is rerouting from after adding a bit of resistance. A lot of old systems, games and hardware have a surprising amount of last minute official modification. The Sega 32x comes to mind, if you've ever disassembled one you'll see how sloppily put together they are.

What if he wanted to play that one game?

Thanks.

user you lost the argument, stop pretending to be retarded.

We have ID's here, how about you go back to where you came from.

What the fuck are you babbling about? Shit, maybe you're not actually pretending.

You could have even suggested that the friend could have emulated the games for free. But you are probably that inbred faggot who comes to every Emulation thread and bitches about how everyone is enjoy what he paid for for free.

Say mad little brat.

See
What in the absolute fuck are you babbling about? Never triple down on retarded, user.

I'm not even sure what you people are discussing any more, but it quickly got conspiratorial. It's approaching gamezard territory.

A couple iterations of the Genesis have some odd modifications. This one appears to be a signal inverter, but I've never bothered to research the schematics of the system to see why it might be needed.

Stop posting nigger.

You want pure fucking hardware beauty, take a part a sega saturn.

I've seen a genesis model 1 system with heatsinks attached to certain chips. I'm convinced Sega had people experimenting on hardware and ended up shipping it as retail units. It seems interesting when I think about it. A lot of "officially modded" genesis systems are floating around out there.

It's time to stop. Your little meltdown is embarrassing as fuck.

Stop posting nigger.

I haven't taken too many systems apart, but this is this was the second Genesis I've seen with wires being added after the board has been etched.

You're one of those spergs who thinks as long as he gets the last word, he wins the argument, aren't you? Hate to break it to you, lad, but until this thread 404s, your shame is on display for all to see :^)

What shame? you are a nigger.

I recently got a Snes Jr and its pretty well put together.

I've tinkered with quite a few. It's part of my job and it's a lot of fun to me

nintendo systems tend to be firmly finalized in each revision. there's a ton of sega system revisions however, especially for the genesis. It's interesting to see how a lot of genesis systems that had some patch work or experimentation done on them ended up in customers hands.

that said, nintendo systems have some weird things like on the video out for certain one chip models which results in an inadequate pulse in drawing lines up to the half way point. You can correct it by replacing the capacitor with one with a higher capacitance. There's a few oddities here and there and it's a lot of fun working with it I think.

So how does the chip in the Jr snes make the pixels clearer? some dude was trying to tell me that over the standard first edition. Also, isnt the original release of the 16 sega genesis(the one with the volume scale on it) better then the more compact 2nd sega genesis?

I don't know the specifics of it. I think it mostly has to do with nintendo getting a better grasp on the hardware spec and ultimately consolidating and condensing processing across multiple chips into less and less. There's a few explanations for it, an easily understood one would be additional tampering with a signal is bound to produce more noise. There's RGB bypass boards for this reason, it takes the raw, final RGB signal from a system and amplifies it before sending it out and avoids and low pass filters done by other pieces of hardware.

I guess in the most layman terms possible, imagine a distributed baking process. You have one building that mixes the ingredients. the other which bakes it, and the last one which applies finishes like icing and stuff. There's a distance to travel to each building, and along the way certain things happen that are undesirable, ingredients stagnate, the baked cake gets cold and cracked in transport, and when it's iced, it may not be the cake that everyone wanted.

The SNES is an interesting system too in that its earliest models actually supports the component video standard, Y/Pb/Pr. This was about a full decade before any consumer sets had support for Y/Pb/Pr, and only a few professional sets did (speaking as someone with access to a lot of pro monitors.) You can drill a few RCA outs for a component signal out of the earliest SNES systems. That said I do not know how the picture quality would be on these.

>faggot spergs out about w-what if he only wants to play just one game???
Hmm…

Oh, and I'd like to add that there's actually some minor incompatibilities with the SNES Jr. that the earliest SNES models don't have. The SNES Jr. is practically an "official clone console." A very good one, but there's a few documented undesired results it has.

lol nigger
I wouldn't be surprised if this was one person ID hopping

Like what?

Stop posting nigger.

The snes is one of my personal favorites. I found a not working sega saturn about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to fix it. It works as in it reads the disc, all the inputs are fine, but the system does this weird thing with a noise and pretty much shuts down after 5 minutes of playing it.

Yes, looking at shekels alone, the SD2SNES is probably the better deal. Even better than that would be emulation, which is free and can run games in 16K@480fps. But some people like having a collection. Some would rather look over an entire shelf and pick a game out, rather than stare at a menu of text. It's fucking soulless.

The SD2 is I think 200$? it grants you access to the set chip carts of MegaManX2/3, Pilotwings, Star Fox, Super Mario RPG, Mario Kart and maybe some others. Seeing as those games besides Pilotwings are shit, the Super Everdrive is 80$ SD card included.

Oh shit, it is the REAL original hardware nigger that comes and bitches in every Emulation thread or you are krikzz himself shilling his overpriced garbage, see what I did there.
How are you not fucking banned yet.

To each their own if you ask me.

Stop posting nigger.

I fully agree, I have both a crt, my snes jr and emulation setup on my PC. The whole latency lag input shit is pretty much placebo at this point. Thank god for speedrunning though right! Its one of the only reason the retro shit is still lasting, that an inbred faggots like 3714ff.

What, he glows in the fucking dark.
Nice cuckchan mspaint you got there, kid.

damage control

Stop posting nigger?

c'mon mods, why do you have to delete derails before I can archive them

Oh wow, the nigger actually got deleted. Fair game.

What happened?