Yu-Gi-Oh

How you can play
YGOPRO (fanmade client) and variants: pastebin.com/m2e9Dzt1

Archive with vidya: pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj

World Championship spanning GX (2004-2008) and 5Ds (2009-2011) all but the last arc and generation's booster pack aren't bad videogames, but can be frustrating and are mercilessly intended for experienced fans of the game, just a friendly warning for a ton of grinding and stupid requirements for less impressive packs. Yugioh has great handheld games for GBA especially with pretty sizable content to unlock for DS and PSP.
Do not play shitty Legacy of the Duelist for PS4 or PC.

Fusion
Activate a "Polymerization" Spell Card during your turn or other card that specifies Fusion and combine cards in your hand or on the field to place a "Fusion Monster" on it and put the other cards in your "Graveyard" discard pile. That simple.
Synchro
Add up the number of stars "Levels" of any regular monster with a "Tuner Monster" both on the field and do the same with Fusion; put them in your discard pile and slap this sexy white card on the field. (Level 5 Monster + Level 3 Tuner Monster = Level 8 Synchro Monster)
Xyz
Lay 2 or more monsters with the same Level on top each other like papers and then stack an "Xyz Monster" with a "Rank" matching that number instead on top of them too. (2 Level 4 Monsters = Rank 4 Xyz Monster)
Xyzs are special in that cards stick around as "Xyz Materials" for powers until expended.
Pendulum
"Pendulum Monsters" actually start out in the deck and have secondary effects when activated like you would a Spell Card instead. You'll notice the "Scale" gems on both sides and a number under each. By using these, such as 1 (), once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon as many monsters as possible from your hand and Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck with levels between those numbers. (1 Scale + 8 Scale = Pendulum Summon monsters Level 2-7) ''If destroyed by battle or effect or tributed for a Summon or effect, they go faceup on top of that Extra Deck unless something says otherwise.

To any newfags interested, there you go, I just neatly summed up what confuses the most about this game.

Post your favorite boss monsters.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-Gem-Mint-WSUP-EN051-Replica-1st-Ed-Legendary-Dragon-of-White/132369055075?hash=item1ed1cf7d63:g:-WIAAOSw495Z6Rli
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Surrender
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bad start OP.

The new bullshit is absolute bullshit

This thread is off to a terrible start.

Pathetic

Running Number 81 on a Railway deck is a must, I learn.

Whoops, wrong Rank 10 Train :^)

I thought Match Winners are outright banned?

Oh they certainly are but is bitching about power creep with a card that got absolutely shit on by links format.

fuck off with that bullshit

Was wondering if there's any new support for 3 of my favorite archetypes, Gladiator Beasts, Battlin' Boxers and Fire Fists?

keep telling yourself that

I have brain damage, that's why.

And read the last line, faggot.

Enlightening.

It's a perfectly balanced card

Borreload is great and I hope that we get more Rokket Support. Something to revive Borreload or Borre L1/2/3 would be nice. The new cards, "Background Dragon" and "Defradragon" will summoning him even easier! Plus, they are Dragon Support which is always nice.
Skulldeat is a really cool guy. Stardust Sifr Divine Dragon, Cosmic Blazar Dragon and Shooting Quasar Dragon are fun, I want more synchro support for them.

The new "Eyes Restrict" support is great, at least for at a "fun" level

"True form" Gofu when?

never ever

What would be worse, Gofu but powercreeped or Gofu but with a shitty limitation like "tokens can't be used for link materials" or something like that?

gofu errata

It's as powerful as it is wrapped up in fucking chains visibly suppressing it. You know how lore works by now.

Assault Blackwings Gofu the Unchained Hurricane

Well… yes. That's how the game works?

Sabrina needs so many fucking doujins.

I'm a retard.

Does that mean if you're playing best of three, but you win the first duel with this card, you don't have to duel again?

Yes, do you understand the problem now?

Yup. There's a reason why Match Winners are banned.

Oh.

That's a dumb ability then yeah.

I can't believe they wasted awesome art like Legendary Magician of Dark and Legendary Dragon of White for that pointless banned shit.

Match Winners are meant to be given out as rewards for participating in tournaments. Other then Victory Dragon It looking amazing is on purpose since there is literally no way of getting those cards other then buying it from people who won/attended the tournament. Ugly rewards wouldn't be correct user.

YAMERO

ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-Gem-Mint-WSUP-EN051-Replica-1st-Ed-Legendary-Dragon-of-White/132369055075?hash=item1ed1cf7d63:g:-WIAAOSw495Z6Rli

Why do they keep making these things if they come out banned?

gee, thanks

I really want to make a decent deck with this gem of a card but I'm just lost, this thing was my favorite card as a kid. Every single deck recipe I find just uses him as tribute fodder for stronger monsters and I really don't see the point in using him when literally hundreds of other monsters can be substituted as decent tribute fodder other than Hungry Burger. I haven't really gotten into Yu-Gi-Oh since I was a kid and I'm really out of touch with the newer cards. I'm not asking for something meta breaking, I just want a fun deck to play casually.

use that in plants with gofu and grinder golem
enjoy instant results

I'm just looking for a list of the bigger monsters to find something that speaks to me, but I can't find anything like that. Anyone know where I can look?

Depends, what is your playstile.

pretty much this

I tried pick related, and well the deck was ok I didn't really feel anything from him, and my enjoyment basically dropped as the duels would drag on. Along with that, there was no pulling out of a screw up. Win or lose it was eh.

So I can say with confidence I prefer a playstyle that's more engaging for both players, but also carries comeback potential. Other then that I'm a fan of the "1 of each card, protect what you have" style of play.

Holy shit. That deck doesn't even have a coherent thing going on. If you like giant beaters doing fun things I would recommend a Rank 10 Train deck. If you like constant swarming and comeback some zombie variant may be more up your alley.
On a separate note >tfw no march of the archives tournament ever

I am pretty sure Rata is too clinically depressed for that.

What do you mean? It's coherent thing was bouncing. Your main monsters bounced, sphinxes let your bouncing pull out other effects(Like causing your opponent to discard) And exxod and that grave oja or whatever it's called added burn to it.

It sucks at being a burn deck, it sucks at being a mill deck, it sucks at being a beat down deck, and it certainly doesn't have alternative win condition effect. It has no clear win condition. Sure, you can bounce things all day but that doesn't mean it has a coherent style going on.

I've glad people are shitposting at Kaiba for this in Duel Links.

What the actual fuck.

How do you even use Grinder Golem?

Kemono is kind of hot tbh

you just can't normal summon before or after

Is there anything worth summoning with Temple Of The Kings, or is it an outdated meme card at this point?

I can't think of anything that would be worth using it for aside from a hard to get out super Fusion or Synchro.

I don't understand. If your LP reaches 0 you lose anyway. What's broken about this? This is literally 'People die if they are killed' tier bullshit.

you do realize match winners don't actually work even if they weren't banned, right?
you just surrender before they can attack you

so how do i make dark worlds work in current year? they don't have enough shit to discard with, and the last trap they got is gimmicky since it needs them to have 3 cards in hand
i also tried shaddoll dark worlds, but i tend to get bricky hands with that

Which is where the ruling came into issue. Some judges thought that that was incredibly poor sportsmanship as it basically rendered the card useless and there were severe disagreements at venues whether or not such an act deserved a penalty or that the card effect should still take a full affect if they forfeit seconds before.

Spell negation

Making monsters useless

Cluttering opp's field

Shitting on special summons

I love meta-fag tears.

I either play character anime decks or lock/stun decks that completely shits on the cancerous swarm meta. Currently experimenting with a Watt lock deck.

Tributing opponent's monsters is really underrated. It bypasses "can't be destroyed" and gets rid of your opponent's cancer without any problem. Just plomp a Lava Golem and watch their tears flow as their unstoppable Xyz monsters with tl;dr effects get effortlessly removed from the board.

Why must you tempt man's inner rapist so, Japan?

Has any local ever held an "oldschool" style deck where you just shove a bunch of single cards into one deck and see if you can make it work?

my locals did a thing a month ago where your deck has to only have 1 copy of each card and i think there wasn't any banlist although i might be wrong about that part

All my character decks only run 1x copies of a card unless they specifically ran multiples in the anime (such as 3 BEWD for Kaiba).

If there's one thing I don't like Yugioh, it's how dependent everything became on archetypes. If you don't have everything you need for one, you can no longer make a deck.

dark synchrons are still a working non-archetype deck

(checked)
I'm not saying I have a problem with archetypes in general, just how everything basically had to split away, form and stick with its own new tribe.

Like what about some specific support cards fairly distributed that allow certain things to work together?

How can I play dark synchrons now that links are out satania-sama?

are there any good ygo games with a campaign that let me just skip to the story duels rather than making me grind pointless duels for an hour?
ideally with single card rewards instead of boosters, but that's not mandatory

There's no official game like this. Just download YgoPro.

A match is a two out of three game, and winning a DUEL with victory dragon means you win the whole MATCH.

And thus, whenever they knew Victory Dragon was going to finish them off, they'd surrender. Thus, they would lose the duel, not the match. Similarly, you could keep Victory Dragon in your side deck and even if you lost the first two duels, demand it go to the third game because you could still win the match.

At least now Links came to put a stop to the fuck up that Konami did by letting loose the absolute bullshit that XYZ was. Rank up magic cards and fucking XYZ that can be summenod in scafold by just summoning a lower rank XYZ come to mind, shame that Links system had to drag Synchro and Fusions with the rest though.

*summoned, fucking dyslexia

Then, depending on the temperament of the judge, you would be penalized for bad sportsmanship.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No

You can't surrender on your opponent's turn, only your own. In an informal match that'd work but in tournaments, hoo boy. All you have to do is pop it on your turn, and if you're winning in the first place you're sure to have the materials to do so.

That and you can get your opponent to potentially surrender by having it on the field in the first place, and you can have three copies of it. That and it's a Level 8 dragon which is known for summoning from the grave, and protecting it is a breeze.

Only the video games have this restriction, you can surrender at anytime in an official duel.

you didn't even look it up, did you?

Boy i hope they don't fuck the Red Nova Dragon, it has been one of my main strategies for fucking years

Rules
Officially, players are allowed to surrender the Duel at any time, during either player's turn. However, in the TCG, the opponent is required to accept a player's surrender, whereas in the OCG the opponent can refuse a surrender for a single game. However, in both the TCG and OCG, the opponent must accept a Match surrender
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Surrender

Feel free to cite the rulebook where it says that you can only surrender during your own main phase. I've heard that the OCG does that but I don't think you're Japanese.

Red Nova Dragon is invincible to destruction by any of your opponent's effects, but hopelessly vulnerable to anything that negates and sends back to the hand.

I guess you could make things easier with Limit Overdrive.

Literally all I fucking want is 3 Extra Monster Zones per player, at all times if possible. Leave at least the minimum room for people to get the 3 materials they need for Quasar and more and let Pendulum players get out at least a maximum small defense of 3 little defenders every turn if they absolutely need it.

This also perfectly regulates Extra Deck power by forcing all players to rely more on their main deck for support and carefully consider every second who they want their best "party" or "front lines" to be in terms of Fusions, Synchros and Xyzs. This simple, but revolutionary dynamic and power balance could have made things really interesting.

I loved my Red Nova.
My favorite play was a game where I had my ass against the wall and was pretty fucked. My Red Dragon Archfiend had just been destroyed, the only monster card I had in my hand was the Blackwing tuner that summons another Blackwing with low enough stats, and I figured it was gg. I had only about 15 cards left in my deck, and I knew which ones they were.

I looked at my opponent, and said, "I've pretty much lost this game. The only card I can pull now that can save me is Monster Reborn." And by the Heart of the Cards, I drew it. In that turn, Red Nova Dragon was born, and from there I held the advantage.

There was another guy in our group who loved bouncing. Fuck that guy.

Heart of the Cards may have started out as a lie, but we made it into a meme.

And then we made that meme into a truth.

Shit, when did the old thread die?

I was baking this one and waiting until I saw the old one about 10 threads away from dropping off.

With what I know about Holla Forums, a new thread for either just shitposting or "Hey, faggots, I want to talk about this game" at minimum pops up every hour at least. By that logic, the old one would be gone in 2 days or less no matter how lazy the board got one of them.

This deck is pretty consistently good.

I feel like my brain wasn't working right back when I couldn't see why Lonefire Blossom was banned and deservingly as bullshit. Then I did some more thinking.

And then I personally learned the hard way in 2011 when it's a Level 2 that can grab fucking anything it wants from the deck every turn including powerful Level 7-8s and doesn't even have an actual cost. I kind of do and don't want to see what actual humans degenerately did with decks built to abuse 3.

What cards look the best in Secret Rare?

i'm kind of disappointed that they didn't reprint all the samurais in spirit warriors
i'm missing core asceticism targets

Gladiator Beasts got a new Fusion, I think.

GB got support in the form of a new crappy link monster. Run it a 2
If your "Gladiator Beast" monster attacks, it cannot be destroyed by that battle, also your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can return it to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters with different names from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Gladiator Beast Dragacius" once per turn.
Not bad but not what the deck needs. They are still to slow and almost nothing got SSC

Shining Draw card when? Chaos variant already exists.

It was rated highly enough to make Kaiju mandatory side and likely maindeck for archetypes with removal. I dig Lava Golem, though.

I am satisfy.

What deck was he playing?

Take a guess.

Heheheh
Wrong move, Fags. You just activated my trap cards!

It has to be either Spyral or Pendulum Magician.
On a different note, the new dragons do wonders for Rokket. You still burn through most of your to summon one Borreload but at least easier it is easier.

I made a deck made mostly out of Kuribohs, because fuck Nigger Magician the exploding furball is who I associate Yugi with. Mostly because it was usually Kuriboh who was at the center of Anime shenanigans, like that rainbow Deck Master bullshit

but the card says "no special summons" which I'm pretty sure means no reviving from the graveyard. Also it requires 3 dragon type cards to tribute summon… correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new.

I'm still not gay, faggot. I love tits too much.

Daily reminder

Big monster designs literally got infinitely better than that over time and that effect isn't shit.

Just started duel links, haven't played since they went to atlantis in the anime. Got kaiba's upgraded dragon deck, which booster packs have the best cards to augment that deck?

Also what the hell do I do with coins?

I can cherry pick too.

Masked Beastw was shit when it was printed. It is not even a fair comparison. They are not the same type of cards. If you really want to go that way compare to Necloth or Vandred

Jellyfish support when? It was shit in Tag Force.

Shit looks like the chimeras from mgq

That is beautiful.

not in your life time

I don't know how this stupid oversight keeps happening.

They've been correcting it over the years, for instance the infamous "Frog the Jam" mis-translation was changed to a direct translation from Japanese. With the HERO archetype in particular, the problem is HERO is already in English on the Japanese cards, thus, they can't translate HERO, it's already translated. An alternative approach might have been to make the HERO archetype into a Japanese word for the English addition, but that's really silly. Thus we are left with the situation that HERO and any card with "hero-" in it are considered two different things thanks to the Japanese version of the cards. In addition, Herioc Challengers are also in English but just the initials. Why didn't they just reuse the initials on the English cards? Fuck you that's why.

Elemental Hero looks better as an archetype than HERO.

Oh god I remember that. Ugliest fucking card with the ugliest fucking name. And it was in every pack.
But the mistranslation is more creative than "slime toad" at least.

The original cards were original terrible. Do you know what the Japanese name of Hitotsu-me giant was? Cyclops. Just Cyclops in romaji.

What was the point of even excluding it from other Frog cards' effects when it's fucking nothing? Things could have gotten interesting with other language translations allowing unexpected synergy.

No older Fusions, Synchros, Xyzs or big Effect Monsters?

Well, I still love Ultimaya Tzolkin, I used to play him whenever I could. I am still mad he is unusable under Master Rule 4. I love the Dragon Rulers, I have a thing for dragons. Can you imagine them now with Return of the Dragon Lords? Heraklinos and Gyzarus are pretty cool too, I am still sad about their mediocre Link Monster. As for the really old monsters, Red and Blue Eyes are awesome. I still have a BEWD figure from when I was a kid.

so when are predaplants getting hit? because of them literally any archetype can make turn one firewall and tri-gate

But Hitotsu-Me Giant is literally "One-Eye Giant". How's that any different to the Japanese card being called Cyclops?

Because it was Cyclops in English, early konami translators decided that cards that were in Japanese will be translated over to English, but Japanese cards that had English names would be translated over with a Japanese name, thus, the name of the Japanese card, is "Cyclops" as in the English word for Cyclops. The translators then changed it from an English word to a Japanese one "Hitotsu-me giant". Another example, the English card "Giant Trunade"'s original name was "Hurricane" in English, written out in romaji. Why did the translators feel the need to rename a card when it was already in English?

Vendread is something I've never once played against and I forgot it was even a thing. Wonder why.

That fucking Monster Girl Quest game? Aren't they supposed to be cute? Chimeras aren't cute, they're intentionally an unnatural composite of different beast strengths for killing someone with.

ahahaha no, they are almost as bad as the angels when it comes to being abominations. It goes monstergirls > chimeras > angels in regards to cuteness and the opposite for terror.

What if it was something special, but not too OP, like once per turn being able to treat a monster with the same type as a Tuner or allowing a little Level 3 or lower to steal a Rank 5 or lower Xyz's effect and a material and use it against them once per duel?

absolute madman.

Just for you.

I keep getting FPS drops every time I try to duel or edit my deck, any advice?

How consistently and you are dueling against the AI. Seems very vulnerable to Ash as well. The hot """OP""" card to hate is Grinder Golem.

Now that is a sweet Fusion.

It's a shame an advanced concept and play style like Synchro Fusion didn't take off. It had potential.

Space Insulator
Link 2 DARK Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 1200
Link Arrows: Top-Center, Bottom-Center
Link Materials: 2 monsters
(1) Each monster this card points to loses 800 ATK/DEF.
(2) When a Cyberse Link Monster is Link Summoned to your field while this card is in the GY, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card to your zone that monster points to, and if you do, this card cannot be used as Link Material, also banish this card if this card leaves the field.
This is the worst card I have seen in a while, why is this evena thing?

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Unless you're an obnoxious shill faggot that condescendingly defends only one monster from the Extra Deck at a time without a shit physical paywall that puts even amiibo to shame.

So i see some folks online talking about new Vendreads. Have they revealed more post CB?

Because i main them but i just really want them to not use Shiranui like a crutch. It desperately needs a second ritual and an 8 star boss ritual monster.

Or shit give it an extra deck monster because right now it doesnt even fucking need links format. I summon archfiend zombie skull to protect my zombies against effect monster heavy decks. I use doomkaiser if i want a blue eyes equivalent with a zombie red eyes while zombie worlds up and any other time? i ALWAYS use the extra monster zone for scarlight red dragon archefiend. Every time and that shit relies on shiranuis and uni zombie.

Maybe its because shiranui are more shaman than zombies but it feels like -to use a vidya term- vendreads are dps and shiranui are tank and healers. They need a big boss. Slayer feels like dark magician but they need their magician of black chaos.

Also related, thoughts on this undead lolilink?

ヴァンパイア・サッカー Vampire Sucker
Link 2 DARK Zombie Link Effect Monster
ATK 1600
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Zombie Monsters
You can only use the ① and ② effect of this card’s name once per turn, respectively.

①: You can target 1 monster in your opponent’s GY; Special Summon that monster to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position, but it’s treated as a Zombie monster.
②: If a Zombie monster is Special Summoned from the GY: Draw 1 card.
③: If you would Tribute a monster(s) for a Tribute Summon, you can Tribute a Zombie monster(s) your opponent controls as if you controlled it.

Yugioh is the last stronghold not fallen to lolis. It must hold.

someone came back after stopping with 5ds huh?

All 5 Vampire players in the world creamed their pants, as for everyone else, the most supported type of monster in the game has gotten even more support.

nani?

How do the middle Duel Terminal decks compare to each other? Like Lavals/Gustos/Gishkis/Swarm? A friend of mine is getting back into the game but he's having a hard time getting into these faster modern decks, compared to when he last played as a kid where you'd put down your strongest card and that'd pretty much be your entire turn. So was thinking of getting some middle duel terminal stuff that we could play against each other with. I really dig the art style of a lot of the duel terminal archetypes and have been wanting to get the cards for awhile now, figured this might be a good chance to finally do it. But i really want to know how well these decks would compete against each other, like if one deck would just utterly stomp the other three.

lavals got hit by the banlists. they still sort of work, but they're just not worth it
gishkis are as good as they've ever been, but there's just not enough new support to make them worth playing
gustos are amazing right now because of dragonic barrier, also windwitches
steelswarms are semi-playable if you also run evilswarms, but they're still somewhat bottom tier among the duel terminals

I really like Ultimate Insect. Fucker should have gotten 2 more forms with super ATK lowering and Trap immunity.

I remember when they first came out. Gishkis were actually what got me playing yugioh competitively, and I continued up until somewhere in the middle of the Pendulum era. Its a shame that they are shunned so much when it comes time to giving them support I just want more Steelswarm Support that isn't a fucking Link that actually supports their pseudo monarch playstyle.And some Vylon and Gishki support would be nice too.

All I know of is those admittedly fucking sexy Traptrix.

And I don't know of anyone sexualizing Ayu or Meiru.

Tag Force Special can be fucking updated with newer cards? Holy shit. Does some kind of dedicated OCG community channel autism to create nonofficial DLC or patches?

Does Firewall Dragon Deserve a Ban?

limited

*blocks your path*

Why is he starting with seven cards?

What.

completely unrelated but why does nippon casually borrow random words from english so often anyway? every animu I watch does this

I assume it's because of the postbellum occupation by America and the fact that's just how loanwords work, though usually not to such an extreme extent
I also bet they think it sounds cool

No wonder I've never heard of these games.

you get 3 if you win a match
winning the first 2 games is essentially a 3 for 2 deal

They're lolis with power over all Hole related Traps.

The Noble Knights of the Round Table set is so fucking awesome. Amazing art, tons of terrific nods to King Arthur lore, fun to play. Really great stuff. Too bad with all the power creep bullshit it really isn't that practical.

So what piece of ass is Arthur's bitch that Lancelot cucks?

Guinevere. Heck, their affair is what Mordred used to start a civil war.

they work really well with the new support
they still lose to kaijus though

Who doesn't?

it just got a reprint, you fuckers should try it out

yea, but what do i do if my opponent only summons one nearly invincible boss monster?

I meant the card.

Does anyone seriously have a cardfu?

drop these two on 'em, it's pretty funny

the entire trickstar and lyrilusc archetypes at this point, ngl famalam

Are Kaijus still viable? I mean…used to run one but then they fucked up Kaiser Colosseum.

Kaijus are played as a side material since or as a a way to break boards. SO, yes but in the way you want.

Legitimately surprised no one ever fanboys Amazoness. Well trained and actually powerful looking yet hot as fuck tanned, /fit/ tomboys still visibly feminine even with long or average length hair.

Every diehard Yugioh fan has at least 1 monster that's their all time favorite. I'm talking about waifufagging.

I wonder if I could beat Arc-V Jack even with all the other Red cards using Red Nova Dragon as an ace in a lucid dream? That would be literally fucking unbelievable. I don't even know if any amount of Tuners and backrow could get over Scarright. Tyrant, Abyss, Bane and King Calamity combined with all that and the meme and anime power of the KINGU backing them up.

The new support we're getting is making the deck more consistent. With Glory to the Noble knights you can make Arthur immune to kaiju or turn him into a glass canon 9k+ beater. Isolde will make getting out Arthur turn one even more consistent.

pics related

H-Horus the Black Flame Dragon. He's in every major deck I use and stick with. Even when he's not I'll use variants like Dark and Metaphys.

they work too well
graydle kaijus/yosenju kaijus are also still really good

Horus is fucking awesome and it's still a powerful card you have to put in work for. There's nothing to be ashamed of.

Post your deck.

When he was released I didn't even realize how good it was considered. I just saw the card and was like "this is it, this is my card" and did everything I could to get it and build a deck around it. I ended up pairing it with Jinzo and had no idea at the time that it was actually a common strategy since I just played locally and didn't even realize there was an online scene until the last year when I saw YGO general threads.

Well, I haven't actually played anything more recent than synchro-era and I still haven't integrated synchros into my deck properly yet. To be fair, I haven't really needed to. I have some Flamvell Guards, Phonon Pulse Dragons, Star Eater and Cosmic Blazar Dragon but I need to figure out what to switch for tuners. I've barely touched XYZ and Links at all, though I know everyone is gay for Firewall Dragon and that I like Borrelload Dragon. I just swapped around until I found what worked best against the people I was playing at the time so it's probably metashit, I have no idea. I know the Monarchs are. Plz no bully.

you mind as well just swap all your low level monsters for frogs. frognarch used to be pretty good back in 2011
speaking of which, traps/spells that you can't activate whenever you want might be a bad idea because of treeborn frog

I'm not too familiar with other frog monsters. As for traps, I just don't put them down unless I have a reason to. It's only been a pain a few times since their general utility affords plenty of chances to activate them. Usually Treeborn's effect is just something you can or cannot do and I don't rely on it alone.

Could anyone explain to me how the new link system works?

frogs basically work as easy to mill and summon tribute fodder
swap frog sends ronintoadin/treeborn to the grave, other frogs as banish materials for ronintoadin etc.
treeborn, ronintoadin and swap frogs can all be special summoned so you just use them as tribute materials for monarchs, light and darkness dragon, sea lancer etc.

Sounds fun. I'm not reliant on my high level monsters to win; I think I took the whole "heart of the cards, rely on your whole deck" thing to heart since the game was released. I might give it a try, I know that the frogs are all puns in the original Japanese and that's about it. I do like the theme they have going.

They're like XYZ except they don't need to be same level and don't have the materials system. Their link value on the bottom right tells you how many monsters you need to have to summon them. Link values stack, if you have a link 2 monster and a regular monster on the field you can make a link 3 monster with them.You can't summon monsters from the extra deck except on one of the Extra Zones or any of your monster zones that any monster on the field - even your opponent's - points to.

Damn it…was thinking of making a Roid deck but the recipe calls for 3 Chicken Games…which is banned right now.

Link Monsters, I like the idea of. Tribute a specific number of monsters to summon out an Extra Deck monster that points to yours and the opponents' monsters for various effects.

Existing just for a physical paywall for fucking playing the game as normally needs to get retconned the fuck into oblivion and a shit stain on history.

Literally all that needs to be done is removing the new zone shit and having Links chain together monsters from either side of the field for all kinds of crazy new fun strategies.

To be fair, though, the extra deck, turn-one-three-quasars boards needed to die. That shit was just stupid. Though links are a stupid paywall scam, I'm having a lot more fun trying to put together boards without as many extra deck monsters as I used touse, like with my Lyrilusc deck, where I really only need the one extra deck monster out at a time.

Seriously though, summoning stupidly powerful extra deck boards with no suitable outs or drawbacks was fucking retarded. Stuff like Spyral and Pendulum Mag can still create stupidly powerful boards using links, and heaven knows links didn't slow the game down as intended, but *personally* I'd rather have links than those fucking extra deck spams

Then allow only 3 fucking Extra Deck monsters at all times per player.

or, you know, maybe not rely on entirely extra deck decks/boards, get creative, do what the game is meant to do and evolve

A physical paywall retcon for a card game is inexcusable and you fucking know it. This worthless shit isn't "evolution", it's only taking away from the entirety.

And don't make shitty nonarguments about everyone relying solely on the Extra Deck for a worthless "call out" that doesn't even work.

These shitnami retards only did this shit for greed and anti-consumer arrogant faggotry as always and for being too incompetent to make simple "cooldowns" for Pendulums to balance the fucking game period and you know it. There is nothing clever to defend.

People love to mock those who say "Synchros were the beginning of the end" but Synchros started what was the extra-deck bullshit Yugioh evolved into.

It started with Tributes, you needed monsters on the field and the one you want to summon in the hand. Perfectly fine. Counted as a normal summon too.
Then came Fusion. Fusion was fine too, monsters on the field OR hand, and you didn't need to hold the end result as it was in the extra deck but you needed a fusion card to make use of them and more often than not they were well balanced.
Then came Synchros. Synchros weren't too bad since they needed monsters on the field similar to tributes, but with the difference being it was in the extra deck. But this is the point where monster effects started getting crazy good, and where it became "monster effects drive the game of Yugioh". Not to mention that since it was level based, board-spam became the most relevant tactic.
XYZ were stupid. Synchros but the generic ones were less restrictive to summon. Even the specific ones aren't too hard to summon since there's always at least one easy way to churn out board advantage in the way you need it.
Fuck Pendulums.
Links are better than pendulums, but they'e rendered plenty of cards entirely useless. Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor was a stupid thing to print in the first place, but now it straight up doesn't work.

Every new summoning mechanics was a powercreep in such a way that they made them easier and easier to do, meaning you either go with them or you lose. The game relies on the extra deck as much as ever, now it's just slower while doing so.

are you joking? frog the jam was a mcdonald's promo only until the name change reprint

It might not have been in a pack, but every kid had like 12 of the things.

some madolches and ghostricks are gud loli material

What if in an alternate reality Pendulums had a "cooldown" after first coming back from the Extra Deck to stop spamming? Level 1-4 monsters like regular ones have to wait one turn while Odd-Eyes and more will have to wait 3 turns after bringing back just to try to spam Fusion unless you "tribute" 1 or more Pendulum Summoned Pendulums like if it was a regular Level 5 or higher monster in your hand to reduce the "timer" to 0 at the cost of just spamming the same monsters every turn because even those will now have to wait a turn or more before you go nuts.

All complaints would immediately be gone. There's your perfect nerf to Pendulums and I thought that shit up all on my own. Only 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz at a time otherwise is unacceptable. If it were 2 at least, it would have perfectly balanced all 4 types right there. 2 attackers or defenders every turn from Pendulums and at least 2 Fusions, Synchros and Xyzs to fight with.

What if in an alternate reality Pendulums had a "cooldown" after first coming back from the Extra Deck to stop spamming? Level 1-4 monsters like regular ones have to wait one turn while Odd-Eyes and more will have to wait 3 turns after bringing back just to try to spam Fusion unless you "tribute" 1 or more Pendulum Summoned Pendulums like if it was a regular Level 5 or higher monster in your hand to reduce the "timer" to 0 at the cost of just spamming the same monsters every turn because even those will now have to wait a turn or more before you go nuts.

All complaints would immediately be gone. There's your perfect nerf to Pendulums and I thought that shit up all on my own. Only 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz at a time otherwise is unacceptable. If it were 2 at least, it would have perfectly balanced all 4 types right there. 2 attackers or defenders every turn from Pendulums and at least 2 Fusions, Synchros and Xyzs to fight with and there's always been at least 2 of the latter 3 at most on the field for everyone's favorite heroes and underdogs, save for the end of 5Ds, so this doesn't retroactively fuck over the entire fucking history of the franchise just for this straight up anti-consumer corporate shit that crossed the line this time and has to be punished.

user, I genuinely like your ruling idea, confusing though it may be.
So what you're saying is…
- LV 1-4's wait a turn to pendysummon
- LV 5-6's wait two turns to pendysummon
- LV 7+'s wait three turns to pendysummon
but only from the extra deck, right? and the timer starts from when they hit the extra deck face-up? this is a little convoluted but I can get shiggy with it.

However, with regard to the idea that you can't just have singles on the field at a time… I dunno. I don't really see what's wrong with it. Maybe I just never really relied as much on the extra deck. see: Nekroz and Cyber Angels Plus, not every deck takes advantage of pendulums to work, nor does every deck need to use each type of extra deck monster to work. There's absolutely an issue with fusion-based decks like Heroes who're fucked to oblivion through this, sure, but as you can well see, the meta is still working around shit like this and making fully competent decks. let's be honest, when the fuck has Komoney ever cared that much about the casual players? That being said, using shit cards like Firewall Dragon or Topological Bomber Dragon are annoying, but stuff like Mistar Boy or Missus Radiant type elemental extra deck openers, or even Decode Talker, are not that bad, and for fucks sake, they're not that fucking expensive or hard to use. Take a look at them sometime.

The only out I'd like to see would be an alternative format with actual tournament representation, unlike how Pegasus League got forgotten, of course for using all five zones for extra decks as was the norm beforehand, called Original or something. I could see that happening, with all link-related cards being illegal to play in it. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want to suck links' dick, but I got fucked over way more by extra deck spammers than I ever did with this rule change.

also, what decks do you play?

I'm saying Pendulum decks need at least room for 2 defenders or attackers to fight with and other decks need at least more than 1 fucking Fusion, Synchro or Xyz on the field based on their strengths.

I just make whatever catches my interest and I can think of enjoying. Blue-Eyes based off of the Saga structure deck with a shit ton of drawing and discarding power and Darkstorm Dragons to absolutely swarm and devastate with 2 Azure-Eyes at most and a Hieratic Sun Dragon. Buster Blader was also a deck I loved using until it literally felt way too cheap with revolving around forcing everything to not even be able to fucking battle permanently stuck helplessly in Defense and without any effect and I deleted it. Cyber Dragon with a focus on stopping backrow and finally ZW. Odd-Eyes. My favorite most recent deck is fucking Odd-Eyes+and Magicians with select Entermates tech'd in.

Why does Kozmo cost so much? I want it so bad but I can't bring myself to buy all those staple cards that are $5+ each. I mean jeez 3 kozmojos is $30 alone. That's like half of what I'd pay for a deck normally.

God damnit I want my wizard of Oz in space deck.

gee, I wonder why

makes me wonder when if we'll get the trickstar imports like carobein and magicarolla, or better yet, the glorious foxywitch

praise be burn decks

Red-Eyes. The dragon of potential.

I want to get my hands on those new support cards since all i've got is some older forms/chick/wyvern.

you're in for a treat, in my opinion. They've put out some good stuff for the Red-Eyes family

I didn't even know that Catalyst Field card existed , that's going to come in handy.

REEE, Konami. I want my Gateway at 3

Reminds me of my old Horus Lock deck.

Still fun to use in DS WC games

Why are Tea's tits randomly so fucking glorious in the Noah arc, even in the dub?

It's almost like even 4kids didn't want to touch them and didn't even try to.

This is Crystron Needlefiber, the savior of Synchro Summoning, say something nice about him.

I do love me some good synchros, thank heaven they'll stand a chance with this boi coming in though, imagine the hell that will be unleashed when the pendy magicians get heavymetalfoes electrumite

give me my relinquished support

The confrontation between Atem and Yami Marik everyone had to gruelingly wait endless weeks, pointless comments and flashbacks for is so stupid and unrelentingly ridiculous just to justify the buildup and hype it turns hilarious.

>Yami Marik pulling absolutely anything out of his ass and abusing plot armor worse than any Stockholm Syndrome hentai harem now and forever to save himself and Ra from destruction, even fucking INFINITE ATTACK that causes the entire world to momentarily shake
>activating a Spell that let's him repeat an attack with a monster in the fucking Graveyard

tbh the only good thing about marik was the first slifer duel

Heck, I call bullshit that the INFINITE ATTACK POWER Obelisk couldn't just flatten Mega Ultra Chicken because "some Gods are stronger than others" BS. Just about as shit as the broken Seal of Orihalcos.

I don't think the game slowed down at all, just the decks who either got shitty links or can't use generic links well have really slowed down and are dead. Link monsters which are good enable their decks to shit out half of both their main and extra deck like always, just like in the good ol' pre-link times.

I love spellcasters (save degeneracy like Dark Magician), so it was love at first sight.

I hear ya

Does this count?

fuck off
worst card ever

Don't billy me.

Fucking triggered.

Don't know if Superheavy still have a place. Been using it in the non-Link YGOPro..

Can anyone tell me if there is a decent card to recycle Duston's from the graveyard other than yellow Duston? Playing a Duston stall burn deck I run into a lot of situations where I run out of enough Duston's and I really can't do anything anymore.

Could this help?

Not really, it would only summon White Duston's back to the field and House Duston's effect really can't make use of that. I could use it as tribute fodder for 13 and 31 though.

Not getting the Yugioh joke.

in what era do you think we are in, user?

What about mine?

there is a generic machine qliphort link monster, so they should still work

I would engage in coitus with that

You're correct

seems pretty balanced as far as matchwinners go, sure wish we could fucking use it, assuming like what this user said are the surrendering rules

too cute to be banned

Here's that Superheavy deck I mentioned. Again, this is before the Links.

I tried to play superheavy once, it was a fun deck with an interesting mechanic.
I take it they don't work in link era ygo?

Needlefiber will make it playable, I think. It was a fun deck, a shame that Gongenzaka didn't do much.

Kinda tried in the Link YGOPro..but it kinda timed out after the lengthy AI turn.

I take it you're not using Percy then

It's that Vs Links beta of Percy, i think.

Anyone know how to straighten out cards? I got a few from tcgplayer and they came in curved like this.

Flatten them against a table and let sit under whatever you're using for entire days if necessary.

I stacked my 3DS XL, PSP, DS and SP all on top of a Beast-Eyes shut the fuck up don't bully him that sat out too long and it worked fine.

Synchro is my favorite type of Extra Deck as you can already tell from the OP and it's because it retroactively forced weaker monsters with special abilities and qualifications to be more usable by being candidates for pulling together for powerful summons that require thinking, like Normal Summoning Junk Synchron with a monster that survived a turn on the field then whistling a fallen buddy or waifu from the graveyard to pull together for a powerful dragon to fight back with. The only thing you need to complain about is the shitty power creep of way too many Special Summoning and blowing up effects starting with the fucking Fagwings.

Cyber Dragon is perfect example of power creep that didn't break the game. He was a stronger monster you could quickly bring out without a tribute if the opponent already controlled a monster and his attacking power was 2100, exactly only 200 or 300 points more than the strongest monsters out there that didn't need a tribute or anyting fancy and weren't impractically shit as a tradeoff.

TL;DR Synchro dindu nuffin, it was only shitty spam capable effects like easy once per turn destruction and swarming that worsened with Xyz.

It's just shit lighting for her. She's meant to be.

I played these guys a little bit a couple years back. Tour Bus from the Underworld can put one Duston back in your deck when it's sent to the graveyard, and Number 49: Fortune Tune can similarly recycle 2 of them. Fortune Tune also gives you back a few life points and resists destruction. I made good use of Pot of Avarice when it wasn't banned. I also ran Tour Guide and a few Stygian Security to special summon Dustons from my deck fairly often. Then there's Give and Take which lets you revive a Duston to your opponent's field.

Ah, it wasn't the best deck, but it sure was annoying.

for

Thanks, I didn't think about using Tour Guide or Fortune Tune. Seem's like it's all for nothing though cause I made that post before I had even tried Duston's post link format. The stall deck I ran is garbage now, Duston's can be used by your opponent for link summoning so there goes the clogging your opponent aspect of the deck, I ran Lava Golem and Clear World for some decent burn damage and now that's useless and to top it off 13 and 31 are pretty much impossible to get out on the field in the same turn. I can still play an aggressive deck with Goblin King though, even though it definitely isn't as effective as it was before, I just summon multiple of the same Duston's on my opponent's field so they will auto nuke themselves and only leave them with one to use. The new trap card Diamond Duston definitely helps the spammable nature of the deck.

Elemental HERO Solidman
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “HERO” monster from your hand. If this card is sent from the Monster Zone to the GY by a Spell effect: You can target 1 “HERO” monster in your GY, except “Elemental HERO Solidman”; Special Summon it in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Solidman" once per turn.
New hero's effect is pretty good

wew lad. Glad I already have a couple.

Good news for all of us Hero players.

it basically replaces goblindbergh, huh?

Yup, it's a better Goblindbergh for Heroes, also it's much easier to use Dian now (who's actually really good) since before that you had to either run sub-par heroes or you had use Mask Change II just for Goblindbergh.

Jesus Christ, Konami. I think the entire reason the Dustons were even made was because that aspect of the cards like Ojama Trio and Lava Golem was destroyed by Synchro and XYZ monsters, and outright blocking your opponent's zones with Ojama King or Ground Collapse is almost pointless given the speed of the game.

Just about the only one of my old techniques that could work now is shoving an Acid Golem of Destruction onto their field with something like Creature Swap and hope they don't just tribute or destroy it. Oh well, I haven't played since Pendulums were a thing anyway.

When you think about it, all of this bullshit could've been averted if they just put "cannot be used as a material for any special summoning of an Extra Deck monster" and presto. But then again, this is Coonami we're talking about.

Holy shit, how is Guardian Eatos being a fucking next level waifu not a storm of shitposting and porn?

She's fucking perfect and she even watches over someone from childhood, so there's that even mommy gf niche and Christmas Cake right there.

dunno, but I like to think that card game relevance/memes places a role in how much something is memed and thought about in the community >implying the yugioh community is anything more than absolute shit. I think Eatos was used for some possible OTKs a little while back and wasn't half bad for Xyzes and stuff, but for the most part, she kinda faded out of relevance a little while back but remember user, there's porn of everything, if that's what you're looking for

Less than 5 lewds in all fucking existence after searching.

The nips know.

This card made me try out masked heroes. It's actually fun.

(konami be like)
CHING CHONG WhaT THE FUCK
SHUT IT DOWN

I meant the tits.

kek

Even the card game kikes at shitnami can't overcome the power of anime tiddies.

Yugioh tiddies are best tiddies!

>Amazoness

Even Pokemon might be hopelessly outclassed in sheer semen demons.

Even Pokemon might be hopelessly outclassed in sheer semen demons. There's just too fucking much all put together and still isn't all of them.

Heroes make me feel ill every time I run into them.

She's only 1500 fucking ATK with no other effect at LV 7 and 2 Level 4s is literally all you need to indignantly kick her ass of the field.

Either she's a loveless bislut whore or she's a magical blueballing bitch who does nothing but tease.

DAS RIGHT

Why would anyone laugh at Zombie World? It helps fuck up so much shit for the opponent in the right deck.

This is some advanced autism on display

Connoisseurs fap to only the highest quality cards. Also, where's her legs?

Well fuck, I can't argue with those trips Satan

I hate facing that fucking card because I know my monsters are about to get overwhelmingly ran over and stolen. When I make a deck, I always pack at least 5 cards for destroying Traps like Mirror Force(s) and Dimensional Prison at minimum and I have an unhealthy almost impairing obsession with Raigeki Break because it gets rid of backrow AND monsters, so there's always 2 of them at minimum since playing WC 2011.

I'm too worried about being able to attack and destroy immediately problematic shit in an emergency to worry about Field Spells or setting up in general. Yes, I fucking sound old and I'm still using slower strategies by habit.

The point is she isn't shit as a card and literally all that's good about her is her tits and I don't know if there's any good porn. Only Thunder Nyan Nyan is more infuriating in terms of wasted art.

Exactly. Zombie World isn't something to laugh at unless you know your deck can deal with it. user's opponents had some major hubris.

I feel you. Sometimes you feel like a tortoise but as long as it's reliable you'll do okay.

The point is she isn't shit as a card and literally all that's good about her is her tits and I don't know if there's any good porn. Only Thunder Nyan Nyan is more infuriating in terms of wasted art.
Fair enough, though Yugioh has so much kickass artwork that is completely wasted on shitty fucking cards that I guess I just got used to it.

I'm still forever pissed about how wall punchingly retarded Neos is, let alone without Miracle Contact not released until fucking Zexal after that fucking autism triggering size change in the cards as well as apparently butchering Divine Neos and now I have poor Genex and pals and Ally of Justice to add to that list to a lesser extent.

I know what you mean, I like the Fabled's Synchro monsters' artwork, especially Leviathan, but almost all of them aren't even worth running.

At least Dark Neos can literally hilariously negate and get around his own effect permanently, but you're stuck with just a cooler looking Neos you might be able to think of something neat to do with as a Fusion.

Fuck that, Yugioh ended with Pendulums.

Yugioh died with Tele-DAD you fucking scrub.

buncha kiddies in here

I didn't think someone here was old enough to know Cyber Dragon was the downfall of Yugioh.

Fuck you, he did nothing wrong.

Another old-timer I see. I keep telling those kids how back in my day we didn't have card sleeves so we had to protect them with barbed wire, but nobody believed me. Those damn whippersnappers and their newfangled Mink monsters and Exo-deck! Back in my day it was called the Fusion Deck and we only had Fusion monsters!

Fuck off. Cyber Dragon remains the biggest powercreep in all of Yugioh. He single-handedly destroyed the identity of Yugioh. Turning it from a balanced grindgame to a fucking shitflinging powerplays you have no real control over.

Thats right. Back in my day there was no limit on main decks or extra decks. Until that one faggot brought in that 1000 card deck or whatever. And man-eater bug was a good card.

They all swore "its a waste of a field card" because they seem to have no idea how fucking powerful it is to garauntee the type of every monster on the field. Really fucks over those effect monster reliant decks if you get archfiend zombie skull and zombie world early.

Don't forget about in every Graveyard, too. That's a bit important.

You basic 'nah fuck you' zombie starterkit.

In all seriousness, Monarchs are the biggest powercreep in Yugioh. Cyber Dragon is still just a 2100 monster than can be Special Summoned for an emergency tribute and then Photon Thrasher came out 2 eras later and it was a fucking Level 4 that couldn't be Normal Summoned entirely and even couldn't attack with anything else in your control.

Cyber Dragon is not the point Special Summoning got out of control nor to blame for the Synchro and Xyz spam years later that has everything to do with all kinds of combos and setup. Not even close. Cyber Twin Dragon I don't think I can defend in that regard because Fusions that powerful and more possible to bring out didn't exist until that point.

close but the biggest power creep in yugioh hands down is the introduction of tribute summoning and none of you can prove me wrong. It was all downhill after Duelist Kingdom.

Are you the guy who kept shilling for REZD in Zombie World decks? First of all, nobody plays him if they play zombie decks. Second of all, thank you for giving me a ton of laughs when I brought (a slightly modified version) of your deck to a locals to see if your shilling was actually worth something and people kept yelling "WHAT FUCKING CARD IS THIS?" as I won matches with him. Playing wacky decks with cards that have a lot of synergy is what I love doing, even though Zombie World isn't really that much of a wacky deck until you put something less obvious like REZD in it.

The only thing to even note is that it can mow down all those precious 2000 defenders if you don't already control a monster. Even then, it's still one of the only ones of its kind. The Tricky needs a discard to SS and Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon is still one of the only handful monsters that can be Special Summoned the way it is and that was years ago in Zexal.

Cyber Dragon was also released by when small ATK boosts meant shit meaning all those 1500 or higher monsters would easily blow it away next turn and even more with what wasn't banned back then. That was what was special about that card like just about every other special one before it. You could bring it out just because your opponent controlled a monster and you didn't and it had 100 points over 2000 ATK. Even if it's a beatdown deck, this is absolutely nothing to get over with how slower things were back then and that Magic Cylinder was still something to worry about.

The problem was when shit started blurring in terms of how powerful it could be.

Cards like Blue-Eyes with a whopping 3000 ATK or Dark Magician with 2500 and its secret weapon cards required 2 monsters already having been on the field long enough being sacrificed? Perfect.
Curse of Dragon has at least 2000 ATK, which is stronger than any other monster just summoned on its own? Still good.
Jinzo locking all precious Trap cards and especially Caius removing anything on the fucking field from the game entirely no matter how powerful it is with good attack power just for 1 sacrifice? What the shit. Jinzo should have been 2800 and a Level 8 and Caius should have been Level 7 at least.

Fuck, I meant 2600 and Caius and other stronger Monarchs should have been Level 8. The balance of Yugioh in monster design was that if something has a nasty ability, it should be somewhat weaker and harder to bring out as a cost.

I don't know when that little dropped off. I hate it sometimes.

Can anyone who plays Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V Tag Force Special confirm if the Toon Dark Magician Girl is in the game?

The game goes from Dual monsters to Arc-V, and the wiki says shes in GX Tag Force, and the game has GX tag force in it.

That's a strange request, but yes she is. You'll have to unlock the Limited Edition Dark pack to be able to get her, but that's not too hard, you need 1 JP to unlock the pack at the Duel Statue, you get 1 JP each time you get more than 9 duplicates of a card, so for example if you already have 9 Ancient Gear Knights and you buy a bunch of Gladiator's Assault packs and you get 2 more, then those 2 extra duplicates get converted into JP.

Nice cover.

Thank you.
I wanted to make a deck of cute cards, since i almost exclusively play dark and fiend cards, and remembered that she was a card.

Now if I wanted to build mermails would I be better off just buying the abyss rising booster box instead of singles, because the singles for mermails cost more than the boost box.

Question! What do you anons think of Timelords?

New Thread