Which genre has the best music?

Which genre has the best music?

JRPG?

Japanese.

Action Adventure.

Pretty much every game genre has really good music, even if it doesn’t fit the genre at all.
I don’t really believe in picking favorites since all that leads to is hurt feelings after someone convinces you your opinion is wrong. It’s better to like something than to love something.
So yeah, I don’t think there is a game genre with the “best” music.

Japanese shooting games

Worst Cotton

and the music is still god tier

Rhytm games.

Fighting games, hands down.

Special mentions go to, in no particular order:

Anything Japanese. Fuck the jews.

Agreed. Nip games definitely have the best soundtracks. From JRPGs, to platformers, to action adventure, and everything in between.

RTS

RTS

It's a dumb question posted by a faggot OP who's not going to reply anyway. There are, of course, exceptional examples from any genre. Also there's already a music thread.

This tbh, fighting games rely heavily on good music to be good themselves
A fighting game without good music might as well not be a fighting game at all

There are actually two music threads already:

Bullet hells. But yes, Japanese made soundtracks are really good.

There are still westerners who can give them runs for their money. Ever heard of Virt my friend?

Virt is a jew

You're a jew

This

The Japanese still understand and appreciate pre-modernist/impressionist beauty. That's why they can take an FM synthesizer and evoke nostalgia with it.

Very nice

Also, OP is a no effort (1) and done cuckchanner who Reddit spaces

Visual Novels

Needs Destiny but great choices regardless

Start posting that Majikoi

My two favorite vidya OSTs are those of MGS (the series as a whole, but the personal top 2 would be 4 and 1) and Okami. The only commonality there is that they're both japanese story-based games, so that probably plays into it.

Alright, no more fucking around

I'd also argue Turn Based Strategy games since most are masterfully crafted, western or eastern.

JP games in general. Their talent pool for composers and artists is massive. Many of the modern western studios stopped giving that much of a shit about quality music as they barely even sell soundtracks now. Most of the great composers for western games left the industry. But I believe the best western soundtracks were in RTS and shooters. Maybe MMOs too. But it's hard to find an MMO soundtrack that beats Ragnarok Online.

Yuzo Koshiro does a lot of action and RPG music. Etrian Odyssey being a big example. Ryu Umemoto is also a great FM and MIDI artist.

Bullshit, some are selling their shit via bandcamp, (((AAA))) tripe simply doesn't want any undesirables touching their products.

Nothing will top this piece. This is it. The crown jewel soundtrack of Persona series.

Topped

Sonic Mayhem is seriously underrated

Didn't meant to meme arrow

Persona is fucking gay. This here is real traditional Italian music.

Yeah, everyone is akways praising muh Trent muh NIN and ignoring his work.

RTS.

I love the Catherine soundtrack and think Personas 3-5 ones are utter trash, I still don't understand why everyone fellates them.

Sonic Mayhem is actually more popular than Trent/NIN actually.

You mean as far as Quake soundtracks go?

Probably the only thing they got right on this shitty fucking game, I will never not be mad over his piece of shit.

Yes, he did the music for two games in the franchise instead of 1, plus Quake 3 is much more popular than its predecessors.

Outside Quake games of course NIN is going to be fellated more than Sonic Mayhem, NIN was known before Quake, Sonic Mayhem was not as far I know

This, scrolling shooters. Euroshmups included. They often have terrible gameplay but the soundtracks are typically stellar.

Such as?

This was really good, so good that the developer got hired to port the real thing.

I don't think Manfred Linzner was involved in video games before Shin'en. The Shin'en developers all came out of the demoscene.

Scrolling shooters win, all other genres are smalltime.

Many 90s Shooters had pretty good action packed and even ambient music, so say that only Japanese make good music is to not even know your own market.

Another Example.

Great game, one example where the console of a shooter was better than the PC version.