These threads all suck dick

These threads all suck dick

What video game profoundly changed your worldview forever, and in what way?

I'll start.

MGS2 opened my eyes to the idea that not everyone has our best interests at heart, and at times there are one or several groups trying to sway how the chips fall.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ws29mtfOgHQ.
archive.is/CfMfI
archive.is/DUm4K
soundcloud.com/user-851778923-997049457/sets/third-jimpact-complete
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SHODAN and GLaDOS made me realize what I wanted in life.

Why are you even here?

What makes a good thread in your eyes?

Fallout 3 made me realize that we weren't coming back from this downwards slope. Fallout 3 is what killed the "I can't wait for the future" feeling I had. Fallout 3 killed my inner child.

Holla Forums. It made me realize that I'm destined to never amount to anything and die alone.

These dubs changed my worldview forever

Where is it?

Which is?

EDF 4.1 helped me realize that few games will ever satisfy me as much as it does so I cut down my entire backlog by about 70% in the last month by checking out what games in it I thought I wouldn't like and getting rid of them.

Mega Man made me realize that games are shit.

So you're a nihilist.

Dominant robot women ordering him around.

So he's into asian women then? Cant say I recommend it, but I cant say you shouldn't try. It was good while it lasted.

No those are bugpeople that get frustrated when they can't communicate with humans.
Generally really short women are the bossy ones.

Dark Souls stopped me from committing suicide xD
give me upboats please I have a screenshot of solaire praising the sun representing my climb from crippling depression
I actually saw this sort of thing

GTA IV, it's too personal to type out why I changed my life but it was just probably when I came of an age and felt like I matured and when I started opening up and exploring the world more, youtu.be/Ws29mtfOgHQ.

These too.

You can't be alone if you browse Holla Forums. You have us.

Ok, kid.

It's okay man everybody knows how hairy eastern europeans are, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Dude I'm like 28. I didn't say "games that changed your worldview forever recently" just in general.

When I read that whole type out about shadow Moses I initially thought it was fucking real. I never played MGS1

user, please.

Let's just say I enjoy lurking >>>/robowaifu/.

Op summed up in two lines.

No, that was fight club. Don't pretend that you're too good to fucking base your personal ideology on entertainment media. You're a fucking liar if you pretend otherwise.

It's easy to throw slings and arrows when you don't take a position, you weak faggot.

Your thread is apparently what's shit.

Turns out there are no sacrosanct developers. All can make garbage.

We're you never around women until that time? How do you not know that until you played some game?

Did you read any books when you were a kid? Did 1984, fareinheit 451, and other books not exist to you?

solidus is just like me
an idiot patsy that's pretty good at what he does but ultimately is fighting a losing war and everyone is just using him.

I remember the smart kids talking about Vonnegut, but I just thought they were jerking each other off about bullshit.

It was mostly escapist fictional shit. Anything sufficiently right wing was hidden from me for most of my life, aside from martial arts and philosophy.

an idiot patsy that's pretty good at what he does but ultimately is fighting a losing war and everyone is just using him.
That's the stuff.

I've always liked Brave New World more. It's more entertaining to read as a kid and seemingly more optimistic and a more accurate depiction of our current society.

Holy shit, mgsfags really are sad creatures.

None, because I'm not an easily impressed teenage edgelord

Brave new world is supposed to inspire fear of utopianism 1984 is supposed to inspire fear of totalitarianism.

The utopia's will make us bland, sameish and weak. While totalitarianism would make us compliant, bland and fit. It's hard to have a favorite or say "I enjoyed one or the other."

I'd say I liked Fahrenheit 451 because there was at least a fringe resistance out there somewhere that kept knowledge alive.

Have an opinion you weakling.

RPGs made me really value friends and family from the bonds I made with the characters. I was always picked on in school and never really had anyone I could call a friend, so I played video games every time I got home.

The only games I liked playing were RPGs, possibly because it gave me some sort of contact with the characters.

Years passed and I grew up, went to college, actually had friends, and found that the old RPGs I had played and indeed new ones weren't as appealing to me anymore. I didn't know why until you made me think about it. If I was born in a different age I probably would have silently killed myself or did something horrible. But because I could cope using games as a surrogate for whatever I was missing, I could pass through the hell that was childhood, the hell that ultimately never mattered, and move into adult life where social pressures are lifted and making friends has no groupmind to shun or belittle anyone unless they personally harmed you.

I think video games kept a lot of kids from drugs and crime and the stats do reflect that for my generation. I'm glad I wasn't born earlier, i'm not the type who could have survived that sort of era.

If I remember the first game that set me down my current path was a copy of Dragon Quest 1&2 on the Gameboy, my grandfather gave it to me as a Christmas present and I played through that for ages, never really beat either.

You know, revisting that old title, it's still one of the few old games I have that never lost it's charm, even now. It puts a smile in my god damned soul.

even if OP is a faggot, you types are worse since you try to hide what makes you human, even on a board where you have nothing at stake to lose by doing so.

To say you're effected by nothing is only a teenagers sneer at life, trying to emulate what he thinks is mature and well put together. The only people who talk like you do are those who have nothing together.

Hey look, a faggot positng persona gifs is trying to communicate.

I really got that with persona 3. Our choices really affect other people even if we cant see it.

If you were born in a different age you would have been raised properly and set on a steady course towards your goals. Our generation was raised by decadent idiots. We have to course correct for their mistakes.

Get a job you positionless shitposting coastie

You and your thread reek of underage.

It's 4:48am where I live and I'm drunk as fuck. It's called being an idealist. Eat shit faggot.

Guys did you know that your actions have consequences?
Video games taught me that!

Again, you're such a faggot that even a drunk could out argue you.

Name a something profound or life changing in media that affected you, you spineless coward.

You have nothing because you are nothing.

I'm so sad because I don't get my values from mass media :(

No, you're a faggot because you have no position to defend.

Name something profound.

ribbit spacing

Just like Saul Alinski. You aren't shit. You give me nothing to attack and think your opinion has value. You are a colossal faggot. Legendary even.

I'd advise you to read a book, but you guys seem to be the easily influenced types who'd consider themselves military geniuses after reading a shitty translation of The Art of War.

I'd advise you don't read any books, considering you don't have the attention span or reading comprehension to read even a single thread.

The post you are quoting mentions at least 3 books I've read. (as if it matters) This is a thread about video games on a vidya board you stupid faggot.

Name a book that has profoundly affected you if your so great. again you wont name anything, but will lash out against people that have the earnestness to do so. You are pathetic

I'm drunk, what's your excuse faggot?

Go fuck yourself you lazy hypocrite. I wish i could fight you.

Warhammer 40k Spess Marine got me into 40k and redpilled me on some minor things.
The MGS games taught me how shit the world is and that if you don't find meaning in your life no one is going to find it for you. Along with more, but that's what sticks out.
Undertale made me realize just how far the faggots are willing to go to push their narrative
And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I've noticed the opposite tbh fam. The bossy ones are the average height "lol I'm just a normal girl!"s that lean towards being heavy.

This might be worse than being alone to be honest.

I like to think that I try just a little bit harder to understand other people because of The World Ends With You.

Is it true she dies halfway through and you're forced to play as the boring as fuck shota?

Not boring at all if you use the jap voice acting.

Nigger, are you gay or just 12?

As soon as you stop masturbating you'll realise that 9s is a more interesting character than 2b, and the game is better because she gets killed off.

Wew lad.
Also, spoiler that shit. Not everyone will want to have this spoiled.

Faggot confirmed

Rance taught me what the ultimate man is

I disagree. He's a boring character with boring movesets. I was entirely bored by him in the demo.

No one likes playing as a little shota. It's a boring existence. It's why everyone likes jrpgs with adult protagonists.

You're tiny too aren't you?

You're wrong. He's so much of a chad, he overcomes his manlet status.
I'll have you know i'm 185 cm tall.

Holy shit, this.
Before I played Sengoku Rance (My first Rance game), I was what you'd call a beta. After seeing how Rance acted and carried himself, I began emulating his behavior. To my surprise, women began noticing me. The only reason they hadn't noticed me before is because I am just so shy and awkward, but thanks to Rance I lost my virginity

It's ironic how games from back then were focused on gameplay, but still had better stories than many current western games that are focused on storytelling.

I'm trying to think of something but I can't say that video games ever influenced me as much as anime and video games did. Sure they had influence over me but I cannot say that they've changed my worldview forever in a profound way like 1984 for example. I guess I could say that video games were an entryway for me to start posting on cuckchan before the exodus and now on here.

*anime and books

I'll say

you must have a lot of test to harpoon whales

kotor 2 got me thinking about why things are right and wrong, and the gray area between them.

tf2 made me realize that the gay and furry community ruin everything.

dota 2 made me realize that the third world needs to stay out of my fucking video games, also fuck china.

leaving those three behind made me realize that im starting to get too old for video games and need to leave.

How is Brave New World anything like a dystopia?

*utopia, I mean

it's a utopia in theory, but dystopia in practice

Minecraft taught me that, given sufficient simulation quality, I would truly be happier in a simulated universe.

This place has no spontaneity. If it's not structured like a NEOGAF OP then people get pissed. Who wants to talk about these /r/games shitty "what game CHANGED you?" topics? Seriously?

The truth has been spoken.

I can't see how a game can change your worldview more than reality or simply a good book. They weren't made for that.

That said Persona 3 really made me wonder how a simulated world could be so idyllic while the real world was so shitty and degrading, mind you I was 13-14 at the time and couldn't into human nature You can argue that any game does that but P3 specifically simulated the phase of life I was living and if you ignored the magical shit you pretty much had an idealized world, I know it sounds dumb but it was a prelude to my inevitable redpilling

MGS2 initially didn't change my view of the world, at least not until I came to believe that the Patriots did nothing wrong and the reckless dissemination of information has actually become a blight on modern civilization that is so significant that measures similar to what they had taken would be justified.

HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe

mspaint comics have been around way longer than ricky dicky, lad.

archive.is/CfMfI
Lurk more

archive.is/DUm4K

TRSodomite's btfo

soundcloud.com/user-851778923-997049457/sets/third-jimpact-complete