WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

what a horible night to have a belmon ton my if know what i man

OP a shit. This is a Castlevania thread

I've played SotN and DoS and loved them both. What Castlevania should I play next?

What a horrible night for Reddit memes!

Lament of Innocence.

Aria of Sorrow is better than Dawn of Sorrow, so you could try that. Alternatively you could try playing a real Castlevania and play the first one

Bloodlines and Super Castlevania are both better than SoTN which just shits the bed completely as soon as you start the flipped castle.

Not that it was bad but Rondo was better than Bloodlines.

I'm currently playing Curse of Darkness. Is great, but it could have been a lot better. Voice acting is great except for Trevor.

Which Castlevania was it that had different castles? I don't mean Simon's Quest.

Eeniee meanie, mainie moe
I wonder where my glove will go
Bloodlines it is

The PS2 releases are under-valued, I think. Curse of Darkness was good. I liked LoI better, though.

Don't let the Genesis shitty sound chip fuck with your ears, the soundtrack is excellent as it is.

Is cuckchan "raiding" again?

LoI felt like a tech-demo more than anything. They both suffer from being hallways simulator, though, but CoD managed it a lot better, not to mention that there's simply more stuff to do.
>THE STEAL MECHANIC
I think the steal mechanic was on LoI too, though.

It's definitely one of the best looking genesis games.

Sounds bretty gud emulating the ym2612 chip with the low-pass filter at 55%.

Castlevania 1 classifies each set of stages as a castle, but you're probably thinking of Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania 2 on the gameboy

Oh, so I'm not the only one who noticed.

For me LoI captured the atmosphere perfectly, and I really dig the sound track. It also managed to make the whip feel pretty good in 3d. The variety of weapons in CoD was pretty fun though.

Really? I'll have to try this later.

With those settings you'll get very accurate model 1 sound.

It's not really annoying, but this does kind of feel like a downgrade after hearing all that good shit from PSX and GBA.
Man that first boss went down like a bitch

Johnathan or Eric?

Johnny boy

Eric is easy mode, if you're struggling with Johnathan give him a try.

No wonder this place has gone to shit.

You're shit.

You don't even know what it means.

Is the third gameboy Castlevania worth a try at all?

Face it, this was made by some halfchan retard looking to shit where other people eat. It's nice that it got repurposed into an actual Castlevania thread, but it would be better to just delete this thread and make a good one.

Gotta love the oldschool "Fuck you, player" game design

It really is a lost art.

Which one is this? It has a real arcadey look and feel to it

not appreciating modern "Fuck you, player" game design :^)

Oh look, newfags are curating the board again. Lurk more faggot, it's a perfectly legitimate way to start a Castlevania thread.

Trevor Belmont's daddy is Alucard according to that game.

Bloodlines, my dude.

DRACULA'S CURSE

It's faggoty, yes, but there's no reason to kill the thread after we pulled out, and it least it isnt yet another "is there any new games that x?" thread.
I lost my save in SotN flipped castle when my computer fried. I played through most of super years ago, but I kind of want to play the other games that followed the now oversaturated "vania" pattern. Which one should I go to next?

dat upper torso tho

What a horrible night to have autism

Order of Ecclesia was my favorite of those but if you jump right to it any of the others in the series is going to feel like a step back.

Steal mechanic in CoD was really awesome, but it feels a bit silly to have the steal mechanic and rare drops. Some of those steals were brutally difficult.
The move sets in curse of darkness are all also really cool, the rapier was very stylish, the fists had heaps of breakdancing moves, the great sword and axes had a very heavy feeling. It was all great.

Characters also looked great, both Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness translated castlevania's artstyle to 3D insanely well. You compare it to God of Castlevania, Deathnote: Judgement, and it's fucking appalling how badly they compare.

As a kid I thought it's a hunchback of notre dame game.

Oh fuck, is there another exodus happening?

To where?

muh lecarde 2
Actually playing it made me realize I really like your stats being determined solely by gear and not levels, but that kind of limits the devs and by extension the player in what gear they can use because most of the time they'll either be using the shit with the highest stats or switching to a gimmick accessory for a certain benefit for a very limited amount of time.

When is there not?

I found the Minotaur's steal harder than Dullahan's, even though most people have problems with the later.
I… Have mixed feelings about that. Original characters actually look good, they are credible and the voice acting is amazing Then there's Trevor. Oh god, Trevor. Trevor is the one thing I have about the game. It's like he was just shoehorned in. The look is alright, but the voice is terrible, and his interaction with the rest of the cast is awkward at best. And the fact that he was so easily stabbed by Isaac is just enraging and awkward.

H-he is baiting, right?

Oh no user, we have specific guidelines of how to start a discussion. If you don't follow said unwritten guidelines then you are from another site.

I have defeated Count Satancula
That last fight was a pain in the ass until you figure out a good strategy. I bet playing this without save states must be frutrating as hell

Not to where, but from where. Every time there's a 4chan exodus (and it seems like there are at least a few a year given how they admin that shithole) there's a tank in thread and post quality here for weeks.